PDA

View Full Version : Heat or lakers - for minimum salary players?

THE_LOGO
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
If you were a free agent, where would you go? State your player's name, why he's a fit for either team, and the reason why he would want to go there besides the chance to win a championship.

For instance, I'll be:

Raja Bell: I would go to the Lakers because my specific skill set meets their needs. I play defense and I can hit spot up 3s. I will be the main back up for Kobe and Artest. By going to the Lakers, I can share the glory if I do well in the playoffs just like Fisher and Artest did. If I go to Miami, my role wouldn't be readily defined and even if I shine, the credit will still go to the big 3.

GSW Hoops
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
McGrady: I want to play for the Lakers because I can be part of an already-established team and will be a part of a great second unit. I won't even be expected to be the leader of that unit. That way, I can ease my way into the lineup and carve out a niche as a great 7th or 8th man who plays sparingly, 20 minutes or so per game.

Plus, I get to be coached by the Zen Master Phil Jackson and his 11 titles rather than Erik Spolestra, a young coach with little experience managing primadonna superstars like myself and who looks like the Indian kid from Harold and Kumar.

With L.A., I'm all but guaranteed to get deep into the playoffs where I can shake my reputation for being a postseason dud, but if Miami fails to advance deep into the playoffs I will be mentioned as part of that failure, whereas I won't be mentioned as part of the success: "Yet another postseason exit for the Big Three AND McGrady."

Plus, if I succeed in L.A., I could be looking at a three or four-year stint on their roster as a solid playmaker off the bench, ala Michael Finley with the Spurs. The Lakers' core of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Odom are locked in for the next few years, and the only question mark is Phil Jackson. With Miami, everything's up in the air--it may be a one-and-done experiment.

kblo247
07-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Iverson: Miami because I have the best chance to steal minutes and win a guard role from Chalmers. I can change the overall perception of myself because my name value is less than that of two players on the team, and the combo of the South Beach night life and no state income tax sure as hell helps me continue to be me away from the court.

Kingdre619
07-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Tracy mcgrady; Lakers, we will win championship first year

Barnes; Lakers, i love LA, and my skills will be useful off the bench, i can defend, and shoot the 3

iverson: um...D-league

Shaq:thunder, i can get one last crack at Kobe

THE_LOGO
07-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Tracy mcgrady; Lakers, we will win championship first year

Barnes; Lakers, i love LA, and my skills will be useful off the bench, i can defend, and shoot the 3

iverson: um...D-league

Shaq:thunder, i can get one last crack at Kobe

Would the Thunder (with Shaq) have a chance with the Lakers? And even if he gets past the Lakers, there's plenty of east teams that can beat them...so still one less ring than Kobe.

THE_LOGO
07-14-2010, 07:21 PM
McGrady: I want to play for the Lakers because I can be part of an already-established team and will be a part of a great second unit. I won't even be expected to be the leader of that unit. That way, I can ease my way into the lineup and carve out a niche as a great 7th or 8th man who plays sparingly, 20 minutes or so per game.

Plus, I get to be coached by the Zen Master Phil Jackson and his 11 titles rather than Erik Spolestra, a young coach with little experience managing primadonna superstars like myself and who looks like the Indian kid from Harold and Kumar.

With L.A., I'm all but guaranteed to get deep into the playoffs where I can shake my reputation for being a postseason dud, but if Miami fails to advance deep into the playoffs I will be mentioned as part of that failure, whereas I won't be mentioned as part of the success: "Yet another postseason exit for the Big Three AND McGrady."

Plus, if I succeed in L.A., I could be looking at a three or four-year stint on their roster as a solid playmaker off the bench, ala Michael Finley with the Spurs. The Lakers' core of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Odom are locked in for the next few years, and the only question mark is Phil Jackson. With Miami, everything's up in the air--it may be a one-and-done experiment.

I'm on the fence with T-Mac and Bell. Its either offense or defense. T-Mac is a high risk high reward player and the Lakers will definitely need a player that can create his own shot coming from the bench. With Farmar gone, we don't have another bench player that can do that. If healthy, he can play defense too. Bell, on the other hand, will be a guaranteed defensive player that can hit the three. What you see is what you get. Although, I would like both for flexibility, the Lakers will probably only take one of these players if they're lucky enough.

THE_LOGO
07-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Iverson: Miami because I have the best chance to steal minutes and win a guard role from Chalmers. I can change the overall perception of myself because my name value is less than that of two players on the team, and the combo of the South Beach night life and no state income tax sure as hell helps me continue to be me away from the court.

I like where you're going with this and if I'm the Heat, he's not a bad player to come off the bench. He would flourish there more and they definitely need backcourt help. The thing though with Iverson, regardless of two bigger names on the team, he might still think that they should look up to him because he still thinks he IS a big name and he's a veteran. Also, even if he agrees to come off the bench, how long would it take him to demand the starting spot once he starts killing Chalmers in practice? And you know that's gonna happen (kiling Chalmers in practice). He's also a high risk high reward player for the Heat.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
everyone should stop beng a moron and think.

Lakers are PROVEN winners and with my help they only get beter.

Miami AMY or MAY not work properly this first year, the three may work togheter or maybe not.
Im old i dont need to take that risk.

Lakers.

THis shoudl be hat all of them thing except they are born in florida or have famili there

and except you are shaq and are stil shore bout the one up stupidity kobe unleashe.d

carter15
07-14-2010, 08:03 PM
everyone should stop beng a moron and think.

Lakers are PROVEN winners and with my help they only get beter.

Miami AMY or MAY not work properly this first year, the three may work togheter or maybe not.
Im old i dont need to take that risk.

Lakers.

THis shoudl be hat all of them thing except they are born in florida or have famili there

and except you are shaq and are stil shore bout the one up stupidity kobe unleashe.d

Never heard truer words in my life...

D1JM
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM
If you were a free agent, where would you go? State your player's name, why he's a fit for either team, and the reason why he would want to go there besides the chance to win a championship.

For instance, I'll be:

Raja Bell: I would go to the Lakers because my specific skill set meets their needs. I play defense and I can hit spot up 3s. I will be the main back up for Kobe and Artest. By going to the Lakers, I can share the glory if I do well in the playoffs just like Fisher and Artest did. If I go to Miami, my role wouldn't be readily defined and even if I shine, the credit will still go to the big 3.

if a mod or yourself can add a poll to this it would be good.