PDA

View Full Version : Would Danny Granger Ever Get Traded By Indiana?

Cullksinikers
07-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Well, would he? If there was a great offer on the table, would they trade him for pieces and use those toward a rebuild?

Right Round
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
No. He's all they have. They are rebuilding around him. They're just doing an awful job.

GSRaider
07-14-2010, 04:38 PM
would love him on the warriors...

i got monta + future draft pick(s) for granger... any takers?

zambo4president
07-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Is this thread because of what the dumbass in the Bulls forum posted?

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
They'll probably keep him long enough for him to play the best years of his career there, keep surrounding him with unathletic white guys... um sorry I mean "good young talent".......... and then when he's burned out from killing himself on a one horse team ship him out in the final year of his contract to whatever team makes the most financial sense for them.

PatelJ1010
07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
would love him on the warriors...

i got monta + future draft pick(s) for granger... any takers?

I would love that plus Pacers always wanted a PG and Monta is the answer at that position

Warriors would have to be favorites for playoffs with Granger

Pacers have Paul George to take Granger's job soo u never know

FinsSuperBowl
07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
only for chris paul

king4day
07-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Supposedly they were close to dealing him to NJ for Harris and friends.

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Collison and Okafor for Granger. Doubt it happen anyway. He should be traded. Its his own fault. He shouldn't have sign the deal or sign a smaller deal with a player option. Now he mite be stuck. Would like to see him back home with Chris Paul though.

DWills
07-14-2010, 06:31 PM
it will take players to get him, no draft picks or trade exceptions......and its gonna take a couple pretty good starters at that.....

but hes not gettin traded anyway, so please close this

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 06:53 PM
only for chris paul

This is correct. You gotta bring it if you want Granger....

Think about it this way, What do you think he's worth??

A lot? You're right!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Collison and Okafor for Granger. Doubt it happen anyway. He should be traded. Its his own fault. He shouldn't have sign the deal or sign a smaller deal with a player option. Now he mite be stuck. Would like to see him back home with Chris Paul though.

I have a serious question for you. Are you high on PCP?

tredigs
07-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I have a serious question for you. Are you high on PCP?

Are you? There's NO WAY he demands Chris Paul level talent (not that Paul would ever move just to go to the Pacers).

Your best bet would be Monta + a future 1st. That would free up a few million for the Pacers cap, and offer them an extra piece for the future.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Are you? There's NO WAY he demands Chris Paul level talent (not that Paul would ever move just to go to the Pacers).

Your best bet would be Monta + a future 1st. That would free up a few million for the Pacers cap, and offer them an extra piece for the future.

You obviously don't know much about Danny Granger... Monte Ellis is barely half the player DG is. I'm not saying CP3 for Danny straight up, you idiot. I'm just saying that Darren Collison and Okafor don't cut it.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Indiana overvalues Granger currently, so he won't go anywhere for a while.

tredigs
07-14-2010, 07:24 PM
You obviously don't know much about Danny Granger... Monte Ellis is barely half the player DG is. I'm not saying CP3 for Danny straight up, you idiot. I'm just saying that Darren Collison and Okafor don't cut it.

I'm the idiot? You JUST insinuated that he deserves CP3 level talent:

Him: "only for Chris Paul".
You: "this is correct".

"Monta is not half the player Granger is". Jesus kid, educate yourself. I'd agree that Granger is a better talent than Monta - which is why (in this fake scenario) we'd give you the player who will free up a couple to a few million more in Salary space each year, and offer you a future 1st. You'd be getting a younger, electric player who will allow your organization to grow. Granger's a 26 year old wing, he's reached his peak. And he's shown that he's not capable of being a superstar that can lead a team on a playoff run. That said, I still think he could be a great asset to GS and would allow Curry to develop better than Monta is.

But you're singing the praises of a 6'8" forward who can only manage to pull down 5 rebounds a game and shot 42% last season. This is Kevin Durant we're talking about here kid, get off your knees and breathe some reality.

Raidaz4Life
07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
I think in a year or two some team wanting to contend will offer a lot of young pieces and draft picks for him and the Pacers will really have no choice but to trade him.

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM

You giving Granger just the lil to much. Yes he's good but he don't make players around better like a CP3. The reason why I said Collison and Okafor because they are solid players and Collison have potential to be great. You can build around a PG and a C. The Pacers can't build around Granger.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm the idiot? You JUST insinuated that he deserves CP3 level talent:

Him: "only for Chris Paul".
You: "this is correct".

"Monta is not half the player Granger is". Jesus kid, educate yourself. I'd agree that Granger is a better talent than Monta - which is why we'd give you the player who will free up a couple to a few million more in Salary space each year, and offer you a future 1st. You'd be getting a younger, electric player who will allow your organization to grow. Granger's a 26 year old wing, he's reached his peak. And he's shown that he's not capable of being a superstar that can lead a team on a playoff run. That said, I still think he could be a great asset to GS and would allow Curry to develop better than Monta is.

But you're singing the praises of a 6'8" forward who can only manage to pull down 5 rebounds a game and shot 42% last season. This is Kevin Durant we're talking about here kid, get off your knees and breathe some reality.

I was saying it would have to include Paul, regardless of if you misunderstood me or not. I am more than aware of the fact that Granger is no Chris Paul. And speaking of Curry, I'm pretty sure he would have to be included in order for us to give up Granger... I had more to say but where the hell did Kevin Durant come from?!!? Easy on who you call kid, child.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:31 PM
You giving Granger just the lil to much. Yes he's good but he don't make players around better like a CP3. The reason why I said Collison and Okafor because they are solid players and Collison have potential to be great. You can build around a PG and a C. The Pacers can't build around Granger.

False. They can build around him. Just because they haven't doesn't mean it isn't possible. Any superstar is able to be built around in my opinion.

tredigs
07-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I was saying it would have to include Paul, regardless of if you misunderstood me or not. I am more than aware of the fact that Granger is no Chris Paul. And speaking of Curry, I'm pretty sure he would have to be included in order for us to give up Granger... I had more to say but where the hell did Kevin Durant come from?!!? Easy on who you call kid, child.

False. They can build around him. Just because they haven't doesn't mean it isn't possible. Any superstar is able to be built around in my opinion.

Hahah - you're delusional. This talk's over.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:32 PM

Not at all.. If you think you're gonna get Granger for Ellis and a 1st rounder, you're crazy. It would have to be a post lottery top 5 pick.

eibbor
07-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Well, would he? If there was a great offer on the table, would they trade him for pieces and use those toward a rebuild?

With Bird, you never know. He is the worst thing that ever happened to the Pacers. How many years can they let him destroy a team before they go in another direction? It's sad.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Not at all.. If you think you're gonna get Granger for Ellis and a 1st rounder, you're crazy. It would have to be a post lottery top 5 pick.

Granger is not a superstar. He is overrated in Pacers world, and that is the reason he is untouchable now. Nobody would offer a top 5 player for him, and for some reason, Indy thinks he is better than he is, and won't entertain fair trades.

ombada
07-14-2010, 07:45 PM

hes really not delusional. If the pacers were to trade Granger, i could definitely see it happening in a package for a guy like Paul. I wont go as far to say that Granger is a superstar, but he is an all star, and did make the US team this year. I think with that added experience he can take his game even farther.

Someone said that we would likely have to trade Granger down the line, and i believe someone else said that Collison and Okafor was a good trade because it would free up cap... apparently these people havent figured out that we have over 40 mil in contracts coming off the books next year. Essentially we are waiting on one of two things; the first would be the cap space we would get from those expirings, or the second would be for those contracts (which are appreciating with time) to be traded to teams who are looking to shed salary. As of right now we have enough to field a team this year that can at least be competetive, but the rebuilding of this team will come from those contracts, Granger, and our recent draft picks.

Do I think we could trade Granger? yes, but the players we get back would have to amount to a better Pacers team, and a lot of the proposed trades ive seen on here do not suggest that.

Do I think we will trade Granger? No, he is by far the most talented player on the team, and while the Pacers do overvalue him, it is for the best. With a different attitude we might take back something we wont want in the long run, or players that dont really improve our team. We dont need to revisit the days of our undervalued team (due to the brawl) and trade for bad contracts that belong to mediocre players.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2010, 07:48 PM
^ good point. Just cause Bird continues to fail to build around Granger doesn't mean he shouldn't keep trying.
But any deal for Paul would include sending out a pick and an expiring with Granger

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
hes really not delusional. If the pacers were to trade Granger, i could definitely see it happening in a package for a guy like Paul. I wont go as far to say that Granger is a superstar, but he is an all star, and did make the US team this year. I think with that added experience he can take his game even farther.

Someone said that we would likely have to trade Granger down the line, and i believe someone else said that Collison and Okafor was a good trade because it would free up cap... apparently these people havent figured out that we have over 40 mil in contracts coming off the books next year. Essentiall we are waiting on one of two things; the first would be the cap space we would get from those expirings, or the second would be for those contracts (which are appreciating with time) to be traded to teams who are looking to shed salary. As of right now we have enough to field a team this year that can at least be competetive, but the rebuilding of this team will come from those contracts, Granger, and our recent draft picks.

Do I think we could trade Granger? yes, but the players we get back would have to amount to a better Pacers team, and a lot of the proposed trades ive seen on here do not suggest that.

Do I think we will trade Gragner? No, he is by far the most talented player on the team, and while the Pacers do overvalue him, it is for the best. With a different attitude we might take back something we wont want in the long run, or players that dont really improve our team. We dont need to revisit the days of our undervalued team (due to the brawl) and trade for bad contracts that belong to mediocre players.

Thank God someone with some sense decided to show up... I'm not saying he's top 10 but he is, like ombada said, an All-Star, a member on team USA, and a game changer that deserves his respect. Just because you guys don't get to see his face as much as others doesn't mean he is on a Monta Ellis level.... People need to realize that it's gonna take a couple nice players to get him, not Ellis and a pick or a young PG in Collison and a dumped contract in Okafor.

ombada
07-14-2010, 07:50 PM
^ good point. Just cause Bird continues to fail to build around Granger doesn't mean he shouldn't keep trying.
But any deal for Paul would include sending out a pick and an expiring with Granger

I agree, but i think that there would have to be another body coming back from NO.

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 07:51 PM

Well it obvious its not threw the draft and they don't have 1 legit All-Star player next to him and its been 5yrs. How can ya'll convince a player like a Tony Parker that this good place to play.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Well it obvious its not threw the draft and they don't have 1 legit All-Star player next to him and its been 5yrs. How can ya'll convince a player like a Tony Parker that this good place to play.

Like om said, we were on a good pace to getting back to the Finals before the brawl. That messed everything up... How did NY convince Amare that they weren't gonna make a bunch more BONEHEAD moves?!?

smith&wesson
07-14-2010, 07:55 PM
no he is the face of the franchise. unless your giving a franchise player back i doubt they would consider it.

unless ofcourse he demanded a trade.

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Thank God someone with some sense decided to show up... I'm not saying he's top 10 but he is, like ombada said, an All-Star, a member on team USA, and a game changer that deserves his respect. Just because you guys don't get to see his face as much as others doesn't mean he is on a Monta Ellis level.... People need to realize that it's gonna take a couple nice players to get him, not Ellis and a pick or a young PG in Collison and a dumped contract in Okafor.

brooks,battier/ariza, 1st rnd pick?

tredigs
07-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I agree, but i think that there would have to be another body coming back from NO.

I doubt that. Paul has the potential to be a top 3 PG of all time, they are not in the same class whatsover man.

Paul wouldn't make sense, regardless. He's a free agent next summer - and there's no way he would stay in Indiana. No offense to you Indiana folk, he just wouldn't. The guy is sick of losing and is probably ready to showcase his talents in a major market with another legit superstar caliber player.

You need a player with a contract that is similar to Granger's (in years + salaries), which is why the Monta deal is being proposed (in real life). I'm not sure what ancillary pieces they're offering, but it makes much more sense than a deal for someone like Paul or 'Melo who are about to come off the books.

no he is the face of the franchise. unless your giving a franchise player back i doubt they would consider it.

unless ofcourse he demanded a trade.

A clean start may be just what this franchise needs. Monta doesn't deserve to be a face, but he is a fantastic #2 option. Granger is the same, he can't be the #1 on a contending team. With the amount of talent floating around in the NBA, he simply isn't good enough. Honestly the Pacers only chance is to clear some money, build through the draft (pray for a legit #1), and put fantastic role players around him - ala OKC. It just isn't a destination that marquee max FA's will sign to at this point.

Giantwarrior
07-14-2010, 08:01 PM

calm down.... must be PCP Rage.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:02 PM
unless your giving a franchise player back i doubt they would consider it.

^^^Read that guy's post rockets-fan...^^^

brooks,battier/ariza, 1st rnd pick?

I would much rather have Monta Ellis... Battier lmao...

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 08:05 PM
^^^Read that guy's post rockets-fan...^^^

I would much rather have Monta Ellis... Battier lmao...

battier is a good player and expiring...and if its a franchise player idiana would want back...i dont think any team would give them that. i doubt the hornets would even consider a paul for granger trade...that doesnt make the hornets better at all...and who would the pacers be intrested in? ( who would be the ideal player you want back from a team)

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Like om said, we were on a good pace to getting back to the Finals before the brawl. That messed everything up... How did NY convince Amare that they weren't gonna make a bunch more BONEHEAD moves?!?

Yeah but can't compare New York with Indiana. All I'm saying is that the Nets had a bunch of cap space and they couldn't convince any top tier player to sign with them. They had to settle for 2nd and 3rd tier players.

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Granger is a good player...a great player...all star. but hes no carmelo,lebron,wade,cp3 howard,durant roy....the pacers wont be able to get any of those level players for just granger...thats just my opinion

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah but can't compare New York with Indiana. All I'm saying is that the Nets had a bunch of cap space and they couldn't convince any top tier player to sign with them. They had to settle for 2nd and 3rd tier players.

True... In all honesty, the entire NBA is screwed except for Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls and Thunder... There will be another 3 or 4 teams that remain "contenders" but it's the sad truth...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Granger is a good player...a great player...all star. but hes no carmelo,lebron,wade,cp3 howard,durant roy....the pacers wont be able to get any of those level players for just granger...thats just my opinion

Well duh... I just said he isn't a top 10 player....

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 08:13 PM
True... In all honesty, the entire NBA is screwed except for Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls and Thunder... There will be another 3 or 4 teams that remain "contenders" but it's the sad truth...

how is the rest of the league screwed?

knicks are comtenders now?? i could name at least four teams in the west that could beat the knicks,bulls,thunder,heat(depending on their final roster)

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 08:14 PM

Someone said that we would likely have to trade Granger down the line, and i believe someone else said that Collison and Okafor was a good trade because it would free up cap... apparently these people havent figured out that we have over 40 mil in contracts coming off the books next year. Essentially we are waiting on one of two things; the first would be the cap space we would get from those expirings, or the second would be for those contracts (which are appreciating with time) to be traded to teams who are looking to shed salary. As of right now we have enough to field a team this year that can at least be competetive, but the rebuilding of this team will come from those contracts, Granger, and our recent draft picks.

Do I think we will trade Granger? No, he is by far the most talented player on the team, and while the Pacers do overvalue him, it is for the best. With a different attitude we might take back something we wont want in the long run, or players that dont really improve our team. We dont need to revisit the days of our undervalued team (due to the brawl) and trade for bad contracts that belong to mediocre players.

I never said that trading Collison and Okafor for Granger would free up cap space. I said that they were better building blocks. You guys need players. Not draft picks.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:18 PM
how is the rest of the league screwed?

knicks are comtenders now?? i could name at least four teams in the west that could beat the knicks,bulls,thunder,heat(depending on their final roster)

Because they are a serious contender for CP3 and Melo.. The superteam is OBVIOUSLY what's hot right now, and other teams and players will realize that one superstar isn't gonna cut it. Rockets? Sorry buddy, you're stuck in last out of this great state.

Swashcuff
07-14-2010, 08:22 PM
this is correct. you gotta bring it if you want granger....

think about it this way, what do you think he's worth??

A lot? You're right!

this

Swashcuff
07-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Danny Granger is the only hope the pacers have a any form of notoriety in the league for some years. The only way they are going to give him up is if they get a star player of a similar calibre in return. Anyone who thinks he'll be traded to a team for prospects and picks are crazy. He has one of the best contracts in the league. No chance in hell they sell themselves short in a trade for him. The don't overvalue him. With the right pieces around him he could be the best player on a contending team.

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Because they are a serious contender for CP3 and Melo.. The superteam is OBVIOUSLY what's hot right now, and other teams and players will realize that one superstar isn't gonna cut it. Rockets? Sorry buddy, you're stuck in last out of this great state.

Every year the rockets surprise people with what theyre able to do with there roster...

pg-Brooks/Lowry
sg-Martin/Budinger/Taylor
sf-Ariza/Battier
pf-Scola/Hill/Patterson
c-Yao/Hayes

tell me how that team cant beat the bulls,knicks,thunder....dude get real...its not always about superstar talent..its also how well the team plays together...im pretty sure that the houston rockets will surprise everyone next year now that yao is back,and martin will finally be playing with yao...dude yao,martin,brooks, can give us 50-60 points together...scola is unnderated and ariza will play way better now that yao will be demanding double teams...rockets are a top 4 seed in the west if healthy...book it

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Danny Granger is the only hope the pacers have a any form of notoriety in the league for some years. The only way they are going to give him up is if they get a star player of a similar calibre in return. Anyone who thinks he'll be traded to a team for prospects and picks are crazy. He has one of the best contracts in the league. No chance in hell they sell themselves short in a trade for him. The don't overvalue him. With the right pieces around him he could be the best player on a contending team.

This guy knows what he's talking about... Who's delirious? Not I!!! This **** makes too much sense!!

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
pacers wont be contending for a long while...

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Every year the rockets surprise people with what theyre able to do with there roster...

pg-Brooks/Lowry
sg-Martin/Budinger/Taylor
sf-Ariza/Battier
pf-Scola/Hill/Patterson
c-Yao/Hayes

tell me how that team cant beat the bulls,knicks,thunder....dude get real...its not always about superstar talent..its also how well the team plays together...im pretty sure that the houston rockets will surprise everyone next year now that yao is back,and martin will finally be playing with yao...dude yao,martin,brooks, can give us 50-60 points together...scola is unnderated and ariza will play way better now that yao will be demanding double teams...rockets are a top 4 seed in the west if healthy...book it

DUDE.... you are insane.. Your best player is the biggest question mark in the entire NBA

Yao Ming may never be the same, and even if he is, we don't know that yet. He has a bigger question on his head than Blake Griffin. And even if he's completely healthy, the Bulls and Thunder are way better teams. Waits for everyone to agree.... 3...2...1...

FarOutIos
07-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Granger has a slightly worse FG% than Melo. Slightly better 3pt and FT % than Melo. Slightly smaller point, reb average, Slightly better steal and block average.

All in all, Granger is an all star caliber player, at a slightly lower talent level than Carmelo.

Monta Ellis and picks are not worth this player.

Monta Ellis AND Brandon Wright AND a first rounder is better.

Chris Paul for Granger AND a first rounder is better. Maybe throw in Brandon Rush for Salaries to match.

That's just my point of view... feel free to argue. Though, I won't listen.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:30 PM
pacers wont be contending for a long while...

Correct. Who said they were? Didn't i JUST say that everyone is screwed other than about 5-10 teams and not mention the Pacers? Light your computer on fire right now

FarOutIos
07-14-2010, 08:32 PM
DUDE.... you are insane.. Your best player is the biggest question mark in the entire NBA

Yao Ming may never be the same, and even if he is, we don't know that yet. He has a bigger question on his head than Blake Griffin. And even if he's completely healthy, the Bulls and Thunder are way better teams. Waits for everyone to agree.... 3...2...1...

Agree.

Geez... time was runnng out.

danbuc0101
07-14-2010, 08:32 PM

I think your really overvaluing granger here, to say that monta is "barely half" the player granger is shows you really are a homer in this situation. I mean monta had better stats in about every major scoring category. Now obviously stats dont tell the whole story. Granger imo is better then monta, but to say monta is that below him, is really stupid. Granger is an all star player and thats about it, he cant carry a team, and really cant be the center piece of a franchise. He needs another player of his caliber to really do any damage. If he was so great then he would have took his team to the playoffs at least once in the weak east over the past few seasons.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Granger has a slightly worse FG% than Melo. Slightly better 3pt and FT % than Melo. Slightly smaller point, reb average, Slightly better steal and block average.

All in all, Granger is an all star caliber player, at a slightly lower talent level than Carmelo.

Monta Ellis and picks are not worth this player.

Monta Ellis AND Brandon Wright AND a first rounder is better.

Chris Paul for Granger AND a first rounder is better. Maybe throw in Brandon Rush for Salaries to match.

That's just my point of view... feel free to argue. Though, I won't listen.

WOW... Where have you been hahah, thank you for these great points... And in the Pacers forum I mentioned a Chris Paul and Okafor for Granger, Troy Murphy and Brandon Rush, 1st round pick trade... Think that would be nice if the Hornets didn't get any other offers... But after thinking about tredigs' post earlier, i wouldn't want to trade for Paul unless we extended that contract...

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 08:34 PM

I disagree. The knicks will have to wait until 2012 to get Paul because they don't have anything of value that would be worth Paul. All they first round picks is tied up with other teams. Why would they wait with a guy like Tony Parker out their. Melo wants to play with Paul. So with Paul being in NO for 1 more year and them bad contracts coming off the books, it gives NO a shot to sign Melo.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I think your really overvaluing granger here, to say that monta is "barely half" the player granger is shows you really are a homer in this situation. I mean monta had better stats in about every major scoring category. Now obviously stats dont tell the whole story. Granger imo is better then monta, but to say hes almost 2 times as better is down right stupid. Granger is an all star player and thats about it, he cant carry a team, and really cant be the center piece of a franchise. He needs another player of his caliber to really do any damage. If he was so great then he would have took his team to the playoffs at least once in the weak east over the past few seasons.

Well I didn't know everyone would take that so literally.. I agree, he is not two Monta Ellis'... but like you said, he is a good amount better... I disagree with the leading the team thing but ok? So Ellis is a better fit?!?! And the playoff thing isn't very correct either, it's just like people say "if LeBron was that good, the Cavs would have won it all" NO, NO, NO... its a TEAM sport. My Pacers' team is complete *** except for Granger. What is he supposed to do? He does everything i could ask of him and more

KnicksorBust
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
I like Granger a lot but the fact that his numbers and the Pacers both got worse last year than the year before scares me. I agree with Digs that we've seen his peak already and the Pacers haven't seen the playoffs yet with him on the roster. I can't buy into him as a franchise guy with that on his resume. All the young guns who are even fresher to the league than him like Durant, Rose, Jennings, have taken their teams to at least the playoffs. He's in the East for christ's sake!!

Swashcuff
07-14-2010, 08:38 PM
I like Granger a lot but the fact that his numbers and the Pacers both got worse last year than the year before scares me. I agree with Digs that we've seen his peak already and the Pacers haven't seen the playoffs yet with him on the roster. I can't buy into him as a franchise guy with that on his resume. All the young guns who are even fresher to the league than him like Durant, Rose, Jennings, have taken their teams to at least the playoffs. He's in the East for christ's sake!!

he was injured bro... late in the season he came on real strong and started to kill again. Early he was atrocious looking like freaking Kevin Martin then when he got things together we saw the Danny Granger that he was expected to be on both ends even though his team was clearly not making a playoff run he was still busting his butt. He'll be fine.

thedfactor
07-14-2010, 08:40 PM
To the Dallas Mavericks so Dirk can finally get his second superstar

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
he was injured bro... late in the season he came on real strong and started to kill again. Early he was atrocious looking like freaking Kevin Martin then when he got things together we saw the Danny Granger that he was expected to be on both ends even though his team was clearly not making a playoff run he was still busting his butt. He'll be fine.

Exactly... and where did the rockets fan run off to? LOL

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:46 PM
To the Dallas Mavericks so Dirk can finally get his second superstar

HEY! I like that idea! So i can finally see Granger in person more than once a year... OH WAIT! He has just so conveniently been injured or sitting out during the last three trips here to Dallas.. :cry:

WntAbCEO
07-14-2010, 08:46 PM
-Granger is over valued by the Pacers.
-Granger is not a top 10 Player.
-Granger is not on the same level as Chris Paul.
-Granger is a fringe All Star.

*The only way CP3 would get traded for Granger is if the Pacers included many expirings and probably draftpicks. This is because New Orleans is afraid to lose CP3 to Free Agency (this is why they don't want to trade Collison yet). New Orleans also needs expirings to deal with their salery isssues. Also, Granger is a New Orleans Native, (not that it means much)

The Collison+Okafor for Danny Granger trade is intresting. The Pacers would need to over pay for Collison. Okafor is somwhat overpaid, but the pacers need a solid PF.
I just don't see the pacers making this trade tho.

To answer the thread question: yes, he could be traded, no one is untouchable on the Pacers roster, BUT it would have to be a Verry good deal. I just don't see the Pacers getting that deal.

So, he COULD be traded, But he likely WON'T be traded.

KnicksorBust
07-14-2010, 08:47 PM

I love the kid as a #2/#3. I just don't see him as the lead guy. He's also brutal in the clutch stats. 56th in the league in scoring in the clutch while shooting25% fg and 17% from 3pt? yuck. 2 years ago he only shot 40% Fg in the clutch and was barely in the top 25 in scoring. I think he's a little over-hyped.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:48 PM

THANK YOU FOR PROVING IM NOT A "HOMER"... I said each of these things ^^ and I'm the biggest Pacer fan I know.

danbuc0101
07-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Well I didn't know everyone would take that so literally.. I agree, he is not two Monta Ellis'... but like you said, he is a good amount better... I disagree with the leading the team thing but ok? So Ellis is a better fit?!?! And the playoff thing isn't very correct either, it's just like people say "if LeBron was that good, the Cavs would have won it all" NO, NO, NO... its a TEAM sport. My Pacers' team is complete *** except for Granger. What is he supposed to do? He does everything i could ask of him and more

When did i say good amount better? Hes better, but not a good amount better. Im also not saying monta is better at leading a team, i dont where your getting this stuff from my posts but alright. Where not talking about monta, this is about granger, he cannot lead a team im sorry if you dont believe me but he cant nor can monta. Granger is a above average player who can score at will, hes not a one of a kind player. There are a decent amount of players i would take over him, thats not saying hes no good hes a really good player and id love to have him on my team. But he needs someone better then him or just as good to do something other then be a 500. team or lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Swashcuff
07-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I love the kid as a #2/#3. I just don't see him as the lead guy. He's also brutal in the clutch stats. 56th in the league in scoring in the clutch while shooting25% fg and 17% from 3pt? yuck. 2 years ago he only shot 40% Fg in the clutch and was barely in the top 25 in scoring. I think he's a little over-hyped.

as you well know bro stats don't tell the entire story... and those clutch stats are based on late game performances. Now think of this. When you are the primary scoring threat (without a quality start PG) on your team and the entire world knows that you are going to create and take the shots, what happens? I am not a big pacers fan but in the games in which I've seen in the last 2 seasons or so he was doubled and denied the ball late and really didn't perform to the best late in those games. I am going to wish guess that if you look up his turnover numbers you'd see they are also high as compared to the rest of the league.

I am not saying he's a superstar or even the best #1 option in the world but he's certainly NOT a #3 (unless its a super team).

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 08:59 PM
When did i say good amount better? Hes better, but not a good amount better. Im also not saying monta is better at leading a team, i dont where your getting this stuff from my posts but alright. Where not talking about monta, this is about granger, he cannot lead a team im sorry if you dont believe me but he cant nor can monta. Granger is a above average player who can score at will, hes not a one of a kind player. There are a decent amount of players i would take over him, thats not saying hes no good hes a really good player and id love to have him on my team. But he needs someone better then him or just as good to do something other then be a 500. team or lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Agreed, maybe we should stop insinuating each others posts and we would agree on something.. :laugh: some good points there, I'm gonna quit the pointless bickering

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 09:06 PM
-Granger is a fringe All Star.

*The only way CP3 would get traded for Granger is if the Pacers included many expirings and probably draftpicks. This is because New Orleans is afraid to lose CP3 to Free Agency (this is why they don't want to trade Collison yet). New Orleans also needs expirings to deal with their salery isssues. Also, Granger is a New Orleans Native, (not that it means much)

The Collison+Okafor for Danny Granger trade is intresting. The Pacers would need to over pay for Collison. Okafor is somwhat overpaid, but the pacers need a solid PF.
I just don't see the pacers making this trade tho.

To answer the thread question: yes, he could be traded, no one is untouchable on the Pacers roster, BUT it would have to be a Verry good deal. I just don't see the Pacers getting that deal.

So, he COULD be traded, But he likely WON'T be traded.

This want make much since for the Hornets. They have about 27million if not more coming off books. Paul will be a Free Agent in 2012 if he choose 2.

rockets-fan
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Exactly... and where did the rockets fan run off to? LOL

oh my bad that i have a life bro...i dont have all day to be staring at a computer screen. why dont you get a life of your own...and bout the rockets...we'll see when the season starts whose the smart ***. this site is full of immature morons that need to get a life. this all started out as a proposal and now your talking bout teams and crap....get a life bro seriously

WntAbCEO
07-14-2010, 11:48 PM
This want make much since for the Hornets. They have about 27million if not more coming off books. Paul will be a Free Agent in 2012 if he choose 2.

Your right, you guys have Peja comming of the books. My bad.

HornetsSolution
07-15-2010, 01:47 AM

What's funny is 2 out of 3 names you name are PG. I don't think they really understand what it means to have a valueable PG. Especially 1 who can score and can distribute the ball.

Schmiggy
07-15-2010, 02:59 AM
I would love for the Bulls to find something of worthwhile for Indiana to get him out of there and on to a solid team. I suspect he is probably overvalued by Indy right now but maybe another crappy season and the trade deadline will help change some things. I would love him as the third option behind Rose and Boozer if Deng was obviously moved somewhere.

Don't think Indy would want Deng, though after this offseason I don't think he is as overpaid as I thought he was last year. If a couple of our young guys and some first round picks (Bobcats pick too) would get it done I'd go for it. I suspect Indy would want more at this point.

freedas
07-15-2010, 03:19 AM
as you well know bro stats don't tell the entire story... and those clutch stats are based on late game performances. Now think of this. When you are the primary scoring threat (without a quality start PG) on your team and the entire world knows that you are going to create and take the shots, what happens? I am not a big pacers fan but in the games in which I've seen in the last 2 seasons or so he was doubled and denied the ball late and really didn't perform to the best late in those games. I am going to wish guess that if you look up his turnover numbers you'd see they are also high as compared to the rest of the league.

I am not saying he's a superstar or even the best #1 option in the world but he's certainly NOT a #3 (unless its a super team).

X2 granger is a solid player on a very bad team, the only other person he has is murphy. he demands double teams in clutch situations so stats tend to drop a bit, but pair him with a solid big and good point guard his stock will rise.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 03:22 AM
Paul George is here!!! (Tries not to laugh) Look guys, I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's hard. Granger is not going anywhere and if he does... I will cry almost as hard as when Reggie retired.

caddiemaster
07-15-2010, 03:28 AM
Monta, beans and a shiney new moped to boot!Everyone would be happy!

ombada
07-15-2010, 04:17 AM

The biggest factor your missing here is the team... basketball happens to be a team sport, Grangers supporting cast isnt much. his numbers dropped due to injury, but the team as a whole...? they just suck.

76erEaglePhils
07-15-2010, 04:24 AM
I don't think the Pacers will trade him but, eventually he will realize he won't win anything in Indiana and, will ask to be moved sooner or later.

OA SLAY
07-15-2010, 04:43 AM
I don't think the Pacers will trade him but, eventually he will realize he won't win anything in Indiana and, will ask to be moved sooner or later.

Then take his talents to South Beach!

76erEaglePhils
07-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Then take his talents to South Beach!Maybe Amare should have instead of signing with those bum knicks.

OA SLAY
07-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Maybe Amare should have instead of signing with those bum knicks.

Post not dumb but real dumb!:clap:

76erEaglePhils
07-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Post not dumb but real dumb!:clap:100 million on Amare not dumb but real dumb.

OA SLAY
07-15-2010, 05:10 AM
100 million on Amare not dumb but real dumb.

yeah, but he didnt get Elton Brand money

76erEaglePhils
07-15-2010, 05:16 AM
yeah, but he didnt get Elton Brand moneyI know Amare got more all in Amare 1 dollar bills like your dumb sig.

s2kobe
07-15-2010, 05:30 AM
maybe to the bulls

JordansBulls
07-15-2010, 07:54 AM

If I were the Bulls I would offer Luol Deng and Taj Gibson and a first for Danny Granger.

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 08:03 AM
If I were the Bulls I would offer Luol Deng and Taj Gibson and a first for Danny Granger.

thats not a bad offer but you also have to take into consideration what the Pacers will want and what they are missing. The bulls don't have what they are looking for.

Jaji
07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Yes I can see them dealing him. He's not an icon there. He hasn't even taken them to the playoffs.

mikantsass
07-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Once Paul George is ready to step in, Granger is gone

Cullksinikers
07-15-2010, 01:04 PM

I was criticized for a trade idea if Deng, Gibson, Johnson, 2 future 1st round picks, and 2 future 2nd round picks for Granger. They said that I wasn't offering enough, that the pieces we sent back wouldn't help Indiana, and the future picks meant nothing because we'd be really good.

Cullksinikers
07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
The Pacers overvalue Granger. That's all they have, and it's sounds like you'd have to trade away tons just to have a shot at him.

JordansBulls
07-15-2010, 03:28 PM
thats not a bad offer but you also have to take into consideration what the Pacers will want and what they are missing. The bulls don't have what they are looking for.

Not sure what they would want. Maybe some young guys like James Johnson, Taj Gibson would work for them.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Not sure what they would want. Maybe some young guys like James Johnson, Taj Gibson would work for them.

Well, we really need a starting PG, which you don't have to offer..

Big Time Titan
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Tony Romo sucks, just saying.

IndyRealist
07-15-2010, 04:47 PM
I was criticized for a trade idea if Deng, Gibson, Johnson, 2 future 1st round picks, and 2 future 2nd round picks for Granger. They said that I wasn't offering enough, that the pieces we sent back wouldn't help Indiana, and the future picks meant nothing because we'd be really good.

I would have taken Deng, Hinrich, and wasshisname...Seraphin for Granger and filler (likely TJ Ford and a throw in like Dahntay Jones). But I'm not exactly in love with Granger's game. And I'm not Larry Bird, so....

levignjw
07-15-2010, 04:54 PM

Your knowledge of sports has to be the size of Shaq's penis (very little).