PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bobcats will sign Shaun Livingston

bigsams50
07-14-2010, 02:31 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats are close to acquiring Shaun Livingston to help address their hole at point guard, an informed source told the Observer Wednesday.

Livingston, 6-7, is a former lottery pick by the Los Angeles Clippers, who suffered a career-threatening knee injury several years ago while playing against the Bobcats. He turned pro out of high school, after signing to play for Duke.

Livingston has since played for Miami, Oklahoma City and most recently the Washington Wizards. He played 28 games for the Wizards last season -- 18 of them starts -- averaging 9.2 points and 4.5 assists.
Click to learn more...

Livingston would compete with D.J. Augustin for the starting job vacated by Raymond Felton, signed with the New York Knicks. The Bobcats will likely bring undrafted rookie Sherron Collins to training camp as a third option at the position.

Signing Livingston would likely preclude the team from other options, such as trading for Minnesota's Ramon Sessions or Indiana's T.J. Ford, at least for now.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/14/581322/source-bobcats-will-sign-shaun.html#ixzz0tgNnUwxP

Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer reports that the Bobcats are close to signing free agent PG Shaun Livingston.
Signing Livingston would appear to put any trade pursuits of Ramon Sessions and T.J. Ford on hold for now. Regardless, Charlotte looks like a good opportunity for Livingston, who would get a chance to compete with D.J. Augustin for the starting job. If he gets the gig, he would make an intriguing fantasy sleeper after averaging 15.5 points and 6.3 assists in eight April games last season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=1044

what54!?
07-14-2010, 02:32 PM
they should have just did that raptors trade....

PC
I like this for both sides, good signing

Wade_County
i still remember seeing that injury happen, hope he can do something in Charlotte.

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 02:44 PM
good move by both sides.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
bleh.

they will regret onot trading with raptors

Turtle55
07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
I think there are two threads about this.

Stunner
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Starting PG right there.

h2r09
07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
can someone tell me the point of drafting dj augustine a couple years back if they were never going to give him a chance to play big minutes.

king4day
07-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Great move.
This could be a sleeper signing. If the last month with Washington is an indication, then Charlotte may have taken care of their PG situation for years.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
can someone tell me the point of drafting dj augustine a couple years back if they were never going to give him a chance to play big minutes.

well what was the point of bucks draftin alexander?

or blzares trqdding for rudy and drafting baylessP?

thats why the coach should be the gm too. because sometimes gms take people that the coaches hate and want to destroy their careers.

king4day

Imagine they drafted Brook Lopez instead. Amazing how many poor draft decisons this team has had.

Melo15
Livingston is the man

Carey
07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Good for Shaun, glad his getting a nice opportunity. I'd like to see them give Augustin a chance to run the team but Shaun is a solid backup.