PDA

View Full Version : I still cant Believe Haslem Took that much less money to stay with heat?

Lakeshow86
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
He turned down upwards of 14 million dollars to stay with Heat? Thats Loyalty I guess but he must have been insane or drunk. He still young and already has a ring so its not like hes some old ring chaser. This was his last chace at a big long term contract. Most if not all other players in his position would have said I already have a ring. I want my money while im still young. I can see Why Big Z would take less money. He's old and wants a ring. Haslem is young and has a ring. Big difference.

jrodmesche
07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Thats what Miami will do to you and thats why its the best city in the world.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't be so shocked buddy. He's getting a nice check and has the chance to play on a rock star team for a another ring. Plus he's a Florida boy so its home.

Yeah he turned down some big money but you best believe Riley is going to take care of him before its all said and done. He's going to get paid regardless....

Lakeshow86
07-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Don't be so shocked buddy. He's getting a nice check and has the chance to play on a rock star team for a another ring. Plus he's a Florida boy so its home.

Yeah he turned down some big money but you best believe Riley is going to take care of him before its all said and done. He's going to get paid regardless....

A ring is nice but if i was a player it isnt worth 10 -14 million dollars. Especially when im not a superstar player so im not getting tons of money in salary and enorsements like the others. I already have a ring so I will be looking to get as much money as a can, especially when im still young and this is probably my last chance to get it. Nobody will remember me anyway. They will remember Lebron, Dwade and Bosh. Not the Bench player. I ring is not guaranteed for the Heat anyway. Not with Kobe and the Lakers still around

Russell_Roberts
07-14-2010, 01:21 PM
youd do the same buddy. he has bready money aint everything

Russell_Roberts
07-14-2010, 01:22 PM
gimme a couple million ill be straight its more coming.

nickdymez

This Miami bandwagon is getting sickening..

twoearl

I think FL being his home town had a lot to do with it, but yeah I agree. I think Haslem will regret not taking the money. Yeah Rings are nice and all but in the words of Floyd Meyweather "Respect dont pay the bills!"

Jetsguy
07-14-2010, 01:27 PM
i think fl being his home town had a lot to do with it, but yeah i agree. I think haslem will regret not taking the money. Yeah rings are nice and all but in the words of floyd meyweather "respect dont pay the bills!"

lol

h2r09
07-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Haslem is the typical miami heat player and a guy anybody in the league would want. He has now done this 2 times since he has come into the league and he has basically guarenteed his number to be retired here and to get an assistant coaches job here.

Sixerlover
07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
He's from Florida, been with the Heat forever and loves the city. I'm not stunned by it. Plus he's still getting millions for the next 5 years, so it ain't like he's going broke.

tangent12
07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Players like Haslem are know as the low budget NBA prostitutes. They will piggy back on whatever team has a shot to win a title. Not to mention the reasons already posted above... It isn't that hard to believe IMHO.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 01:36 PM
A ring is nice but if i was a player it isnt worth 10 -14 million dollars. Especially when im not a superstar player so im not getting tons of money in salary and enorsements like the others. I already have a ring so I will be looking to get as much money as a can, especially when im still young and this is probably my last chance to get it. Nobody will remember me anyway. They will remember Lebron, Dwade and Bosh. Not the Bench player. I ring is not guaranteed for the Heat anyway. Not with Kobe and the Lakers still around

I guess it really depends on what you're priority is. He could've took a fat check and went to Denver or Dallas only to get beat by the Lakers. Yeah you're getting paid but remember he's tasted a championship once and Im sure he wants to try to get that feeling again, especially after struggling the last few years.

As far as the money I wouldn't be shocked if his contract has an early opt out clause that would allow Pat to re-up and re-sign him at more money down the line. Of course they can't come out and say that but knowing Rileys reputation it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Plus its not like he's an old man, he's young enough to play a couple years and still go get another nice contract. I mean Al Harrington is around the same age and just signed a 5 year 30million deal.

8kobe24
07-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Prostitutes in the NBA?!:speechless:

ElMarroAfamado
07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
hes an idiot
no one outside of miami cares or knows who he is
he should have just gotten the millions and ran

uws
07-14-2010, 01:37 PM
i think it was a horrible move for him... he will personally suffer financially later in life for doing this. NBA players are notorious for spending too much $ to sustain their lavish lifestyles despite their high earnings. I think the players association should be mad about this as well because it will deminish the value of the average contract someone in their prime should be getting.

haslem's greed for rings, piggy backing, and lack of forsight will end up haunting him personally, and will put him in a bad position among his piers who will not like that he has just done this because he has helped diminish the value of players

you suck haslem.

DWills
07-14-2010, 01:38 PM
lol

the jealousy itt is roflaughable

dougie5627
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
he is miami through and through and imbodies the city... its called loyalty maybe he can teach lbj what it means

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 01:41 PM
to pass on that much money, u have to be crazy.

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 01:42 PM
he is miami through and through and imbodies the city... its called loyalty maybe he can teach lbj what it means

100% agrred.

Enjoy him heat fans hes deff a loyal guy.

marlinsfan24
07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Haslem "To leave Miami for money would be like changing my DNA."

akesh99
07-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Some people are just annoying. How is Haslem piggybacking? Miami is HIS team and HIS city just as much as D-Wade. Ask a true heat fan from Miami. Haslem was the captain of the squad.

All he is doing is staying with his team for a hometown discount. Take your heads out of your *****

x2

I'm a Toronto fan and even I can see that ppl are hating on EVERYONE who has interest or signs with the Heat. Haslem is absolutely not piggy backing. He made a very respectable choice to turn down millions of dollars to stay with his good friend Wade on a team where he is loved by all the fans. Whats the problem with that? Regardless of whether the Heat had gotten Lebron and Bosh, I don't think Haslem was going anywhere. The fact that he took a paycut was solely for the reason to help his team out. It's refreshing to see players like Haslem who value loyalty to their teams.

redzone11
07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
I would have been more shocked if he took the money and left, maybe that is just me.

Trouble87
he's from Miami

unlike some bball players he doesn't want to leave his hometown

uws
if this was about loyalty, why didnt the heat franchise sign him back and pay him what he is worth

how bout a team stays loyal to its players for once? get a grip heat fans

knickfan4life
07-14-2010, 01:46 PM

dont flatter urself, u must have never been to NYC

B2theRY
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
LBJ
Bosh and Wade

should all cut him a check for $4 Million Each.

marlinsfan24
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
if this was about loyalty, why didnt the heat franchise sign him back and pay him what he is worth

how bout a team stays loyal to its players for once? get a grip heat fans

:facepalm:

Sixerlover
07-14-2010, 01:48 PM
as a member of a PLAYERS UNION it is your UNION OBLIGATION to get the most money you can so that your fellow players who are in less adventagious positions also do well! that is the point of a union! I really think the players association should fine him or investigate this

That isn't really a factor. The offers were there, we all see how much he was WORTH to a Denver, or Dallas etc. He just chose to stay in Miami for less $$. The NBAPA can simply point to Dallas' offer and say "that's what he's worth" and end it right there.

It's hilarious to me how this is the 1 year that players are actually taking less $ to "win" and now they are getting crucified for it. And Amare is getting praised for leaving Phoenix and going to one of the worst franchises in the last 10 years strictly because of more $$. (No shot to knick fans :D)

mballa22191
07-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I feel like heat r paying him under the table

Lakeshow86
What gets me is this loyalty thing thats been going around in the NBA. The NBA is a business. any team will trade your *** if they thought it would be better for team. would Haslem still remain loyal to heat when they trade him away? Haslem is a damn fool and a bad businessman not to realize this. He might never be traded if it was for the best of the team but dont be surprised if haslem is one day traded away from the team that he was loyal to

h2r09
winning over money is just a phrase used by teams to circumvent the cap! no one cares how many rings haslem has. just like no one cares how many rings derek fisher had. because they are not part of the team.

as a member of a PLAYERS UNION it is your UNION OBLIGATION to get the most money you can so that your fellow players who are in less adventagious positions also do well! that is the point of a union! I really think the players association should fine him or investigate this

how about udonis cares about how many rings udonis has?

YOu guys act like all of the players want to win so they can be recognized by other people. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, these guys want to win for themselves and that it is their profession and the point of their profession is to win championships, not just make money.

Wade_County
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
One of the reasons Wade took less was so they could bring him back. Hes from Miami, whent to college here, and he wants to be close to his mother. Shes been sick for awhile now and wanted to remain close to her. Yeah imagine that. Some people

This coming from someone who has moved back home, and took a job that paid less to be close to sick family members. Family>>business.

Jonathan2323
hes an idiot
no one outside of miami cares or knows who he is
he should have just gotten the millions and ran

Now players are idiots for turning down millions :facepalm: something called loyalty. Players get based if they make to much, now when they take paycuts they get based too. :pity:

uws
That isn't really a factor. The offers were there, we all see how much he was WORTH to a Denver, or Dallas etc. He just chose to stay in Miami for less $$. The NBAPA can simply point to Dallas' offer and say "that's what he's worth" and end it right there.

It's hilarious to me how this is the 1 year that players are actually taking less $ to "win" and now they are getting crucified for it. And Amare is getting praised for leaving Phoenix and going to one of the worst franchises in the last 10 years strictly because of more $$. (No shot to knick fans :D)

I think the fact that he took less takes leverage away from the players

all these guys did

now teams and owners can say "hey we have a team, if you want to win you have to take less" and the stacked teams will just get more stacked now allowing for any parody in the nba

REALLYYYYY?
yah thats why he graduated from Florida right I gurentee hes smarter than you.

good one. lol.

LeGod James
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
probably cuz he wants to play with the best player in the world, KING JAMES!

marlinsfan24
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
One of the reasons Wade took less was so they could bring him back. Hes from Miami, whent to college here, and he wants to be close to his mother. Shes been sick for awhile now and wanted to remain close to her. Yeah imagine that. Some people

This coming from someone who has moved back home, and took a job that paid less to be close to sick family members. Family>>business.

Shh. You're saying rational things. You know that's not allowed on the NBA forum!

Dallas Tx4Life
A ring is nice but if i was a player it isnt worth 10 -14 million dollars.

seriously???

especially coming from a laker fan, i figured you guys knew the importance of winning a ring... i guess now that theres someone to keep you from getting them, you will understand and learn to appreciate it again

sportsobsessor
winning over money is just a phrase used by teams to circumvent the cap! no one cares how many rings haslem has. just like no one cares how many rings derek fisher had. because they are not part of the team.

wow, some of the posters amaze me...Do you even know the reasons why he wanted to stay in miami??? For one, he was born and raised in miami and would do anything for this team
Second, and more importantly, his whole family lives here!! His mother is deathly ill and he resigned here to stay closer to his mom. How can you bash a guy for doing that???

uws
07-14-2010, 01:53 PM
how about udonis cares about how many rings udonis has?

Im not even gonna respond to the rest of your post it is that stupid.

YOu guys act like all of the players want to win so they can be recognized by other people. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, these guys want to win for themselves and that it is their profession and the point of their profession is to win championships, not just make money.

YOU LOSE YOUR RIGHT TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOURSELF IN YOUR OWN SELF INTEREST WHEN YOU JOIN A UNION. I dont understand what is so hard about that? That is the point of a union, all the players are supposed to be helped by the ones doing well, and guys doing things like this subvert the union

Catfish1314
I can. Haslem played at Florida in college and he's been with Miami for his entire career. And he's a native Floridian. He must love it there. A move to Denver or Dallas would have been big for him off the court.

Sixerlover
now teams and owners can say "hey we have a team, if you want to win you have to take less" and the stacked teams will just get more stacked now allowing for any parody in the nba

....And the players would keep it moving to the next organization that will Travis Outlaw, or Charlie V, or Drew Gooden, or Amir Johnson them and overpay.

Teams have been pulling the "play on a winning team for less" card for YEARS. That is essentially when the veterans minimum is, for some reason it is just extremely overhyped this year because of the Heat.

HouRealCoach
Why the **** is it so surprising to see players that want to win in the NBA?

TrueHeatFanHere
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM

You might not remember him, but then again who cares about you. Anyways, plenty of ppl will remember him, GUARANTEED #40 will be in the AAA rafters one day. And you talk about not remembering him. HA!

Wade_County
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Shh. You're saying rational things. You know that's not allowed on the NBA forum!

yeah i forgot where i was, maybe one day people will learn thats there more important things then money.

fresh prince
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Why bash a guy for doing what all of you would want someone to do if this was your team.. How may times do we here "where is the loyalty"

Haslem should be applauded for staying loyal and not selling out for the money. To start his career, Miami gave him a chance when no one else (in the NBA) WANTED him. He's paying them back for that now.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
One cannot help but wonder if this involved any team but the Miami Heat would everyone still be so suddenly concerned over Mr Haslems current financial status......

marlinsfan24
07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
What gets me is this loyalty thing thats been going around in the NBA. The NBA is a business. any team will trade your *** if they thought it would be better for team. would Haslem still remain loyal to heat when they trade him away? Haslem is a damn fool and a bad businessman not to realize this. He might never be traded if it was for the best of the team but dont be surprised if haslem is one day traded away from the team that he was loyal to

Udonis Haslem, while not as talented as Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, and Dwyane Wade, has been just as important to the franchise.

TheWatcher34
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
who knows who will give him extra money... we will never know.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Why bash a guy for doing what all of you would want someone to do if this was your team.. How may times do we here "where is the loyalty"

Haslem should be applauded for staying loyal and not selling out for the money. To start his career, Miami gave him a chance when no one else (in the NBA) WANTED him. He's paying them back for that now.

great point. everyone would be tossing all the praise in the world at this guy if it was for any other team. strange how much of an effect lebron james has on you guys

TuborgP
07-14-2010, 02:03 PM
He probably felt Miami was a better city to be young and a millionaire in when compared to some other places. Maybe he doesn't like snow. Maybe he has invested wisely and has already secured his future. Maybe he has choices posters in here don't

DWills
07-14-2010, 02:03 PM
great point. everyone would be tossing all the praise in the world at this guy if it was for any other team. strange how much of an effect lebron james has on you guys

it comes down to nothin but jealousy

first it was ur not gonna get these guys
then it was theyre not gonna take less money
then it was ur not gonna fill out the roster
then it was nobodys gonna take less money to play there
some people just need a reason to cry about everything
its really pretty sad

Jonathan2323
07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
i feel like heat r paying him under the table

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I think one day he will regret not taking the money because many players experience financial issues after retirement. Hopefully he is smart enough and not a big spender to avoid this.

And hopefully he doesn't win a ring in Miami. If this happens, then everyone should question Dan Gilbert if he is a witch and put a hex on Lebron with that letter he wrote to him.

carlessyen
07-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Cause It real Hollywood down there lol. Douchebag Capital. Wish Zydrunas woulda went to the Lakers since he wants a ring.

marlinsfan24
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
cause it real hollywood down there lol. Douchebag capital. Wish zydrunas woulda went to the lakers since he wants a ring.

justinnum1
Anyone hating on Haslem doesn't know a ****ing think about anything.:box:

carlessyen
Nothing to do with Jealousy no one is Jealous of buying Championships, and taking the easy way out trust me. The new Yankess, only they still wont be able to beat the Lakers lol.

h2r09
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Nothing to do with Jealousy no one is Jealous of buying Championships, and taking the easy way out trust me. The new Yankess, only they still wont be able to beat the Lakers lol.

im pretty sure you cant buy championship when you wont even be near the top payroll in the league and in a league that has a salary cap.

And the lakers have easily the highest payroll in the league so yaaa......

carlessyen
07-14-2010, 02:12 PM
I like Haslem Douchebag wasn't for him. It wasn't for Wade or Chalmers either. But it looks like Bosh and Bron are rubbing off on Wade though hes turning to a arrogant Douche like them being all cocky and acting Hollywood in interviews. That team has no class and thats why they won't win bunch of inmature spotlight media guys. They won't be able to finish in playoffs. Cause Bosh and Bron will be wanting to look pretty and grab headlines. I know I will be cheering for anyone playing them. You never seen people acting like this in The NBA ever.

Geargo Wallace
07-14-2010, 02:13 PM
hatersssssss

how can you get upset over someone taking lass money?

baseballguy247
07-14-2010, 02:15 PM

sorry i lived in Miami its not that great. NY would be the BEST city

Wade_County
07-14-2010, 02:16 PM
sorry i lived in Miami its not that great. NY would be the BEST city

I agree, best city in the world IMO

Cbast09
07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Haslem is a great guy. He's a blue collar worker that every team would love to have. Some of you have no respect and do not understand loyalty. Some of you have lost all credibility and should never post again. These threads are getting worse by the minute.

Wade_County
07-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Haslem is a great guy. He's a blue collar worker that every team would love to have. Some of you have no respect and do not understand loyalty. Some of you have lost all credibility and should never post again. These threads are getting worse by the minute.

Yup, people need to separate there hate for Lebron from there hate for Miami.

tredigs
07-14-2010, 02:24 PM
He turned down upwards of 14 million dollars to stay with Heat? Thats Loyalty I guess but he must have been insane or drunk. He still young and already has a ring so its not like hes some old ring chaser. This was his last chace at a big long term contract. Most if not all other players in his position would have said I already have a ring. I want my money while im still young. I can see Why Big Z would take less money. He's old and wants a ring. Haslem is young and has a ring. Big difference.

He already has tens of millions of dollars bud. Not EVERYBODY on earth is motivated solely by money once they have enough of it to provide for themselves and their family for the rest of their life.

Here, just read it from his own mouth:
``It was an opportunity to win, an opportunity to be close to my mother, with her illness, and an opportunity to be a part of something special,'' he said. ``I've never been in this for the money. I would be changing my DNA if I changed just for money.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/12/1727150/udonis-haslem-set-to-re-sign-with.html#ixzz0tgMlx3aE

Beyond that, the man was born and raised in Miami - that's where his loyalty has always been. So now that he has the chance to play for a dynasty, why would he opt for another life in Denver Colorado just so he could make some more millions on top of his tens of millions? From everything I've read/seen of the guy, I'd have been floored had Haslem left.

tdunk21
07-14-2010, 02:25 PM
atleast he is loyal to the heat unlike the self proclaimed king ......

sunnydayin'zona
07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
no state income tax lessens the difference a bit, doesnt it?

what54!?
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
So he could win. that makes him a bad guy :rolleyes:

tredigs
07-14-2010, 02:29 PM
atleast he is loyal to the heat unlike the self proclaimed king ......

Right, 'cause I'm sure Lebron would have just been itching to leave had he been later on in his career, his mother was sick at home, and 3 superstars decided to join his team for less money in order to try and create a dynasty.

Your city had its chance at Lebron, and failed to build a championship cast around him. Get over it kid, this isn't the thread for it anyway.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 02:29 PM
it comes down to nothin but jealousy

first it was ur not gonna get these guys
then it was theyre not gonna take less money
then it was ur not gonna fill out the roster
then it was nobodys gonna take less money to play there
some people just need a reason to cry about everything
its really pretty sad

hahah looks like even tmac is willing to take less money to play there... thats a biiiiiig indication that everyone that is hating for no reason is looking really dumb.

very funny all the "have fun playing with 7 players" talk has COMPLETELY CEASED

DWills
07-14-2010, 02:32 PM
damn Heat!!!!!

they'll never sign anyone!!!!!

mjt20mik
07-14-2010, 02:33 PM

I laughed and :facepalm: when I read that.

Sure Miami is a great city in NORTH AMERICA, but the world? Homerism at its best right there.

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't hate the Heat (I was a huge Glen Rice, Ron Siekley and Steve Smith fan), but I cannot stand Lebron. Not because he signed with Miami, but because he has been a questionable character ever since his 4th year in the NBA. Crying after losing regular season games (last year cried after losing to Melo), quitting on his team this year when they faced elimination vs the celtics in the playoffs this year, disrespecting the Magic after the Cavs lost in the playoffs, flaking out from the dunking contest even though he promised fans he was going to participate, hiding video showing him getting dunked on by a college (or maybe HS) kid, thinking he is Usher by doing stupid dances in the middle of ball games (Lebron you can't dance), causing way too much drama with free agency and not even having the decentcy and respect to let the Cavs know in private he was going to leave the team. Claiming he took less money by going to Miami, when in fact he is really going to make more money there because there is no income tax in the state of Florida, and taxes are extremely high for people in his tax bracket in most states. The list just goes on and on. Who is this guy? No way is he the type of player you compare to Jordan, or even Kobe or even Magic. Lebron is talented but he will never be the guy, because he is too goofy and now he is playing on D.Wade's team, who is the captain and should end up being the leading scorer and shot taker when the game is on the line.

Lebron you suck! And it's great that people are finally starting to look at you like some kind of scum bag. I don't want to hear anything about how "the decision" was not all that bad because the proceeds go to the Boys and girls club, anyone who does their charity work in front of cameras is a loser and an attention wh-ore.

By the way Miami is great, I used to live there, South Beach is fun, the women look great, but it gets old and repetitive. New york is much fresher as far as entertainment and having fun, but it's really expensive, so as a sleeper city I would say Austin Texas is one of the great American cities.

baseballguy247
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I agree, best city in the world IMO

city so nice they named it twice NY, NY nice try to be FUNNY

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Miami,+FL&daddr=New+York,+NY&hl=en&geocode=FSmCiQEdedc3-ykRwcgOorDZiDFlT63dcfKW_w%3BFXFAbQIdK8KW-yk7CD_TpU_CiTFi_nfhBo8LyA&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=33.25975,-77.844095&sspn=26.501167,48.208008&ie=UTF8&z=5

tredigs
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't hate the Heat (I was a huge Glen Rice, Ron Siekley and Steve Smith fan), but I cannot stand Lebron. Not because he signed with Miami, but because he has been a questionable character ever since his 4th year in the NBA. Crying after losing regular season games (last year cried after losing to Melo), quitting on his team this year when they faced elimination vs the celtics in the playoffs this year, disrespecting the Magic after the Cavs lost in the playoffs, flaking out from the dunking contest even though he promised fans he was going to participate, thinking he is Usher by doing stupid dances in the middle of ball games (Lebron you can't dance), causing way too much drama with free agency and not even having the decentcy and respect to let the Cavs know in private he was going to leave the team. Claiming he took less money by going to Miami, when in fact he is really going to make more money there because there is no income tax in the state of Florida, and taxes are extremely high for people in his tax bracket in most states. The list just goes on and on. Who is this guy? No way is he the type of player you compare to Jordan, or even Kobe or even Magic. Lebron is talented but he will never be the guy, because he is too goofy and now he is playing on D.Wade's team, who is the captain and should end up being the leading scorer and shot taker when the game is on the line.

...getting caught gambling on multiple occasions (MJ, Chuck), sleeping around with half the leagues wives (Shaq), orgies after the game and finally contracting HIV (Magic), allegedly raping a minor and paying a huge sum to reach a plea bargain, then subsequently demanding a trade from his team before he was even a free agent during their rebuilding mode (Kobe).

Totally brah, Lebron is like... worst human ever ya kno'! I mean did you SEE when he didn't shake hands with some guy after a gut wrenching loss?!?!??

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
damn Heat!!!!!

they'll never sign anyone!!!!!

HAHAHAH, true that! They can't seem to get a deal done... :laugh:

beasted86
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM

When Haslem retires a Heat player he will probably get his jersey retired and a job in the front office.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
i think it was a horrible move for him... he will personally suffer financially later in life for doing this. NBA players are notorious for spending too much $ to sustain their lavish lifestyles despite their high earnings. I think the players association should be mad about this as well because it will deminish the value of the average contract someone in their prime should be getting.

haslem's greed for rings, piggy backing, and lack of forsight will end up haunting him personally, and will put him in a bad position among his piers who will not like that he has just done this because he has helped diminish the value of players

you suck haslem.

Ignorance is bliss!! Did you know that Alonzo is currently employed with the heat? Do you not understand the loyalty of this organization? He will have employment with the heat past his basketball playing years. Leaving would limit his future to just those remaining as a player. I guess the foresight is limited for you rather than haslem?

awr0430
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
...getting caught gambling on multiple occasions (MJ, Chuck), sleeping around with half the leagues wives (Shaq), orgies after the game and finally contracting HIV (Magic), allegedly raping a minor and paying a huge sum to reach a plea bargain, then subsequently demanding a trade from his team before he was even a free agent during their rebuilding mode (Kobe).

Totally brah, Lebron is like... worst human ever ya kno'! I mean did you SEE when he didn't shake hands with some guy after a gut wrenching loss?!?!??
lmbo
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sandman
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
He's from there.

Plus, he can enhance his brand getting easy layups in Miami rather than being the targeted guy elsewhere.

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 02:49 PM

Why are you making things up, the chick wasn't a minor, she was over 18 and worked at the Hotel, plus he didn't rape her, come on that was fake, that girl was a complete ugly smut bag. Didn't they find semen from 3 different men on her underwear? Plus she was an emotional headcase and a known pathological liar.

But I do agree with Shaq being a total douchebag. By the way, gambling is legal for the most part, and even if it wasn't so what, who cares if MJ and Chuck do their share of wasting money on stupid gambling, who cares, it's their money.

Ethix11
07-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Thats how we treat our players

Sandman
07-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Ignorance is bliss!! Did you know that Alonzo is currently employed with the heat? Do you not understand the loyalty of this organization? He will have employment with the heat past his basketball playing years. Leaving would limit his future to just those remaining as a player. I guess the foresight is limited for you rather than haslem?

please dont include the word or root word "loyal" in any post that is followed by a lebron signature.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
I think pretty soon we're going to need a thread: "HATE- All Miami Heat related hating here" to have a main place for all this.

Matter of fact we'll probably need one for the Lakers too.

Maybe we can make a combination thread: "Hate- My Team Sucks, So I Hate Yours!"

just a suggestion.....

Baltoro
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
i don't see what the big fuss is about.
john amaechi turned down a $17 million contract from LA to stay in Orlando for $600,000 per. and Orlando wasn't even a contender at the time.

haslem wants to stay in his home town near his family and play on the team he's always been with which now has a great shot at winning it all. good for him.

maybe we're looking into this a little too much.

Wade_County
07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
When Haslem retires a Heat player he will probably get his jersey retired and a job in the front office.

As he should.

Sandman
07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
I think pretty soon we're going to need a thread: "HATE- All Miami Heat related hating here" to have a main place for all this.

just a suggestion.....

we need two separate forums for '**** the heat' and 'god damn lakers'.

Jonathan2323
07-14-2010, 02:57 PM

just a suggestion.....

Brilliant idea, you should be a mod.

JasonJohnHorn
07-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure about the details to the deal, but dnt be surprised if there is a player option at the end of the first season, that way he can opt out and sign for the money he lost and the Heat will have his Larry bird right and will be allowed to go over the cap to sign him. They likely already worked it all out under the table, like the Joe Johnson deal that the league found out about and then nullified.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
please dont include the word or root word "loyal" in any post that is followed by a lebron signature.

I said the heat and haslem are loyal! You beg to differ?

tredigs
07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Why are you making things up, the chick wasn't a minor, she was over 18 and worked at the Hotel, plus he didn't rape her, come on that was fake, that girl was a complete ugly smut bag. Didn't they find semen from 3 different men on her underwear? Plus she was an emotional headcase and a known pathological liar.

But I do agree with Shaq being a total douchebag. By the way, gambling is legal, and even if it wasn't so what, who cares if MJ and Chuck do their share of wasting money on stupid gambling so be it, it's their money.

So you're willing to brush off massive high stakes gamblings (where Jordan admits he crossed the line) as a non-character flaw, while in another post Lebron's "dancing" is? That's ridiculous, and while Lebron takes it too far with his 'shows' sometimes, he's not doing anything out of malice or in a negative light. The guy's one of the top ten biggest athletes in the world and he's having fun with it. I don't see a big deal here to question his character.

As for Kobe, I thought she was 17 for some reason, turns out she was 19. Regardless, the case was settled "out of court for an undisclosed sum" for a reason. You'd think that if this girl was such a big cumdumpster, she wouldn't have attained bruising down there if it was fully consensual, but that's debatable. Regardless, dude was married. It's ten fold worse of a character flaw than anything Lebron has done, so I just laugh every time a Kobe fan calls Lebron a piece of ****.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And again, as far as Haslem goes - just read this article and put the pieces together yourself. This thread should be closed. http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/12/1727379/haslem-stays-home-heat-looking.html

Udonis Haslem has opted to stay in Miami, and the Heat are reportedly in contract talks with sharpshooter Mike Miller.
Haslem was an unrestricted free agent that was offered larger deals by the Denver Nuggets and Dallas Mavericks before taking Miami's offer of roughly $4 million per year for five years, according to the Miami Herald.
The Heat now have five players under contract after LeBron James and Chris Bosh signed free agent contracts last week with the club, joining superstar Dwyane Wade and guard Mario Chalmers.
But according to the Sun Sentinel on Monday, Miami is close to adding Miller, who played with Haslem at the University of Florida. Miller, a career 40.5 percent three-point shooter, has been on three teams the last three years, playing 54 games for Washington last season and averaging 13.7 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.9 assists.
Over his 10-year career, Miller has logged 13.7 points and 5.1 boards over 693 contests with the Magic, Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Wizards.
Haslem, a Miami native, has spent his entire seven-year career with the Heat and is the only player other than Wade that has stayed in Miami following its 2006 title.
"I am excited to be back," Haslem said. "It's a great opportunity to win. Miami has always been my home, and I'm happy I can play here for years to come."
The 30-year-old has played an integral reserve role for the Heat throughout his career, averaging 10.0 points and 8.1 rebounds while logging nearly 31 minutes per game over 517 contests.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/12/1727379/haslem-stays-home-heat-looking.html#ixzz0tgXxZ3Mm

Some people can't comprehend a world outside of "MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE! RAHH!!". Others can.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 03:07 PM
we need two separate forums for '**** the heat' and 'god damn lakers'.

Haha! you got my vote sir! Mods get it done!

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Should I complain and moan about a player finding my team more attractive than his? Perhaps... the heat is a better organization than the cavs? I will say this... our organization employs many ex heat players on staff. That sounds like loyalty to me... and perhaps lebron found this family more attractive than that of dan gilbert and the cavs. Lebron should have said something yes... but it does not make the Heat organization disloyal for his actions.

P.S. "LOYAL" followed by a signature of the HEAT organization players

carlessyen
07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
What did you expect? Of course your the number one hated team in the League the Villians for years to come did you expect mad love, but you will get that to cause you about to get so many new Heat fans lol. Congrads on becoming the bandwagon and the villan in the same offseason. And congrads on no matte rhow much you win people saying it really doesn't count. Because that is what lies ahead. Because of a little saying called "if ya can't beat em join em" If they would have just resigned Wade and then signed Bosh and these other guys without Lebron people would have taken it so much serious and considered you guys legit. But the whole hollywood planning and press conference ruined all credability.

boolish
07-14-2010, 03:37 PM
he will make it up in state income tax relief and playoff bonus money for the next three or four years. these guys have it covered.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
What did you expect? Of course your the number one hated team in the League the Villians for years to come did you expect mad love, but you will get that to cause you about to get so many new Heat fans lol. Congrads on becoming the bandwagon and the villan in the same offseason. And congrads on no matte rhow much you win people saying it really doesn't count. Because that is what lies ahead. Because of a little saying called "if ya can't beat em join em" If they would have just resigned Wade and then signed Bosh and these other guys without Lebron people would have taken it so much serious and considered you guys legit. But the whole hollywood planning and press conference ruined all credability.

what?

Big Zo
07-14-2010, 04:04 PM

"Congrads" on not knowing how to spell "congrats."

greek miami hea
07-14-2010, 04:14 PM
we love you haslem!

RVN671
07-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Maybe its cuz he has a big *** tat of the state of Florida on his back (pretty sure from his gator days, but still, he'd have to go through hell to remove it if he signed with another team. hahahahaha

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
We love haslemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2010, 04:46 PM
This guy is a major idiot

When the NBA gets locked out, like David Stern says it inevitably says it will. It wont be the stars, DWade, Lebron amd Bosh who will be hurting. It will be these morons who took a pay cut that will really feel it. To everyone who say they have millions in the bank, do you think they roll around in Buicks and Toyotas and live in a one room apt? Those millions flow like water to these guys.

marlinsfan24
07-14-2010, 04:48 PM
this guy is a major idiot

when the nba gets locked out, like david stern says it inevitably says it will. It wont be the stars, dwade, lebron amd bosh who will be hurting. It will be these morons who took a pay cut that will really feel it. To everyone who say they have millions in the bank, do you think they roll around in buicks and toyotas and live in a one room apt? Those millions flow like water to these guys.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-14-2010, 04:50 PM
this guy is a major idiot

when the nba gets locked out, like david stern says it inevitably says it will. It wont be the stars, dwade, lebron amd bosh who will be hurting. It will be these morons who took a pay cut that will really feel it. To everyone who say they have millions in the bank, do you think they roll around in buicks and toyotas and live in a one room apt? Those millions flow like water to these guys.

Big Zo
07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
This guy is a major idiot

When the NBA gets locked out, like David Stern says it inevitably says it will. It wont be the stars, DWade, Lebron amd Bosh who will be hurting. It will be these morons who took a pay cut that will really feel it. To everyone who say they have millions in the bank, do you think they roll around in Buicks and Toyotas and live in a one room apt? Those millions flow like water to these guys.

Yeah, he's gonna be pennyless out on the streets if this happens. :rolleyes:

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, he's gonna be pennyless out on the streets if this happens. :rolleyes:

Yep, its a damn shame 4 million just ain't enough to live off these days! Im sure they have good homeless shelters in Southbeach..... Damn this economy!!!!

kevcab021
07-14-2010, 05:06 PM
No. It's more like that what lerbon and wade dick riding will do to you. The guys an idiot plain and simple.

No its more like your an idiot! his mom is really sick and he doesnt want to leave her. Its his home, moneys not everything in life.

arlubas
07-14-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote For Truth!

He may have turned down a contract money but there ain't no way Pat is gonna forget about what he did right here for his club. Udonis is gonna be taken care of for sure and that's a good thing cause he not only is one of the most underrated guys in the league but apparently one of the best characters as well. Nothing but respect for him both on and off the court.

arlubas
07-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Players like Haslem are know as the low budget NBA prostitutes. They will piggy back on whatever team has a shot to win a title. Not to mention the reasons already posted above... It isn't that hard to believe IMHO.
How is he a NBA prostitute when he's only played with Miami for his entire career? Do you even think at all before posting? :facepalm:

PS: This isn't about defending the Heat cause I sure ain't a dickriding fan of theirs but to be taking a shot at a guy like Haslem of all people is just plain ********.

TheWrightStuff5
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
The Heat organization has been well known in taking care of some of their more loyal and/or popular players. Haslem has a ton of reasons for staying... His mom is sick, he is from Miami, he went to high school and college in Florida, he was brought in as an undrafted free agent, he's won a ring with them, he is close friends with D-Wade. Damn, ppl will find any reason to bash any heat player. It's funny because the guy has been nothing but a hard-nosed, tough, loyal guy for this organization and like someone said before he definitely will be taken care of.

KnicksorBust
07-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I love how when players chase the biggest contracts they are selfish and when they take less money they are idiots and ring chasers. :)

Props to Haslem for staying in a great situation where he'll be happy and still make great money.

justinnum1
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I love how when players chase the biggest contracts they are selfish and when they take less money they are idiots and ring chasers. :)

Props to Haslem for staying in a great situation where he'll be happy and still make great money.

:clap:

Bring The Heat
07-14-2010, 05:51 PM

LOL for real... this shows the reality of any situation... No MATTER what you do you will be critisized by people... So in the end who gives a **** about what anyone thinks and do what makes you happy because people going to hate either way.

Bring The Heat
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
The stupid comments from the idiots on this board is exactly why I think players like Haslem, Lebron or whomever should do whatever the hell they want and what makes them happy...

Who cares what people will say about you cuz either way they are going to hate... Seriously I can't believe people hating on Haslem and calling the guy an idiot... Your calling the guy an idiot what if hes happy with his decision? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO SAY ITS STUPID? the stupid one is you behind a computer judging other people and the decisions they make in the end its their life

footballer2369
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
trying to defend someone and say they are educated spelling as horribly as you did is really ignorant :(

:facepalm:

Talking about someone's spelling with grammar and sentence structure like that is really ironic. :)

MacFitz92
07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Who said he took less money? NBA.com? :laugh2: I'm sure they found a way to pay him under the table if you catch the dirft ;)

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 06:18 PM

I really don't think this was that hard of a decision for him to make. First of all, he's was born and raised in Florida. He went to high school and college in Florida. This has been his home for his entire life. Hell, he has a tattoo of Florida on his back. I really don't think he ever wanted to leave even if it meant taking less money. Obviously, money isn't the most important thing to him. He wants to stay in his home state and have a chance to win championships with his new teammates. I honestly wish more players were like him. Plus, he will get by making $4-5 million a year.

DWills
07-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I really don't think this was that hard of a decision for him to make. First of all, he's was born and raised in Florida. He went to high school and college in Florida. This has been his home for his entire life. Hell, he has a tattoo of Florida on his back. I really don't think he ever wanted to leave even if it meant taking less money. Obviously, money isn't the most important thing to him. He wants to stay in his home state and have a chance to win championships with his new teammates. I honestly wish more players were like him. Plus, he will get by making $4-5 million a year.

his mom is sick too......

i said this earlier, but all the morons would rather cry

tredigs
07-14-2010, 06:23 PM
LOL for real... this shows the reality of any situation... No MATTER what you do you will be critisized by people... So in the end who gives a **** about what anyone thinks and do what makes you happy because people going to hate either way.

The stupid comments from the idiots on this board is exactly why I think players like Haslem, Lebron or whomever should do whatever the hell they want and what makes them happy...

Who cares what people will say about you cuz either way they are going to hate... Seriously I can't believe people hating on Haslem and calling the guy an idiot... Your calling the guy an idiot what if hes happy with his decision? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO SAY ITS STUPID? the stupid one is you behind a computer judging other people and the decisions they make in the end its their life

^ That's the bottom line. There will always be clowns out there to hate on you. The fact that some people are trying to bring down Haslem for this move is comedy. It was the most noble/most fun choice possible. He gets to play with his best friend, stay at home with his family, AND has an opportunity to win multiple rings?

That trumps money 10/10. I'm not sure this decision could have been any easier on him.

NetsPaint
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe he doesn't spend a load of money and feels a few million is being like a kid in a candy store like I would?

artest_kobe
07-14-2010, 06:44 PM
what an idiot.

lotti51
07-14-2010, 06:46 PM
It is not like the Mavs or Nuggets are bad teams either.

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 06:50 PM
It is not like the Mavs or Nuggets are bad teams either.

They are decent teams and should be near the top of the West this season. If you were really looking at it objectively though, especially considering he's from Florida, where would you want to be?

yboord028
07-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Hes an idiot really? Have you guys heard of loyalty? In Haslems world loyalty triumphs greed. Haslem had other chances to get more money but sacrificed to get the Heat better. The Heat brought in Beasley and he took it in stride, it was only to make the team better.

I don't think you guys really understand who Haslem is, hes been a Heat fan favorite for I'd say the 6 years hes been here. And hes already won a championship, what does he care? He wants to stay with the team he loves, why leave Riley a man hes dealt with all these years and one he respects. So I guess this goes along with Bosh, Big Z, Lebron and Wade. They're all dumb for taking less money. I'd rather you blame them then Haslem. Haslem IS NOT looking for his first championship, this has to do with loyalty and wanting to go through the ride on a great team.

NYYCowboys
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahaha hahahahha......wooo man I almost ran out of breath laughing so hard.

minervamob
07-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Gettin paid under the table or hes just dumb. Why even entertain other offers if you were gonna stay anyway? And dont give me that "i made plenty of money already" excuse. Plenty of players go broke despite the millions theyve made. Antoine walker for example...

Bring The Heat
07-14-2010, 07:26 PM
^ That's the bottom line. There will always be clowns out there to hate on you. The fact that some people are trying to bring down Haslem for this move is comedy. It was the most noble/most fun choice possible. He gets to play with his best friend, stay at home with his family, AND has an opportunity to win multiple rings?

That trumps money 10/10. I'm not sure this decision could have been any easier on him.

Exactly... Some things money can't buy... He loves it here and is happy in this city...

He can go take the money and play for Dallas or Denver which is a team most likely not to win a ring and be miserable... Play with people he most probably has no established friendship with... He's close to Riley and Wade and has the love and respect from every heat fan down here... When he retires he will have a job in this organization without a doubt and a future here when its all said and done.

Bring The Heat
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
He can cement his legacy and memory here as a player who played hard every night in a HEAT uniform and always cared about doing what it takes to bring a championship to Miami... I've always had mad respect and love for UD... That love and respect is something he won't have in any other city except his hometown which he's been loyal and played his heart out for every game

DWills
07-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Gettin paid under the table or hes just dumb. Why even entertain other offers if you were gonna stay anyway? And dont give me that "i made plenty of money already" excuse. Plenty of players go broke despite the millions theyve made. Antoine walker for example...

no....but im sure they'll restructure the contract next year and overpay him....udonis will prob be offered a job at the end of his career as well......

what team does MJ work for now????

_KB24_
07-14-2010, 07:31 PM
How much has Haslem made in his career? Anyone have the numbers?

Big Zo
07-14-2010, 07:37 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahaha hahahahha......wooo man I almost ran out of breath laughing so hard.

All the New Yorkers that come live down here don't seem to disagree. :shrug:

donthatemiami
07-14-2010, 07:40 PM
All the New Yorkers that come live down here don't seem to disagree. :shrug:

We had to create laws to keep them out! (i.e. disallowing lawyers to practice w.o passing FL bar to prevent snow birds from taking jobs)

Also, if people would have read the latest Bloomberg article, Brickell/DT area is blowing up with young renters and new bars

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-13/miami-downtown-comes-alive-as-unsold-condominiums-fill-with-young-renters.html

Miami is becoming awesome again while NY is cold and overpriced.

Now, point of thread, Haslem.

Dude is 305 till he dies and maybe he wasnt an ******* like Antoine Walker with his money, so why hate?

justinnum1
07-14-2010, 07:44 PM
How much has Haslem made in his career? Anyone have the numbers?

over 35mil...he aslo left 10mil on the table with his last contract.

Lakersho
07-14-2010, 07:45 PM
...every thread is something to either praise or bash the heat , man get over it . we all know thier hated , loved , great , weak , hell common...

C-ross12
07-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Haslem should be commended.. not bashed. It makes me smile when I see that money isn't the highest motivator.. even if its a player from a team that I don't root for.

People need to stop acting like a couple million a year is chump change also. The average American adult makes around 40,000 a year. Udonis is going to be like 40x wealthier then the average American. A couple million puts you in elite company salary wise. Regular people can live comfortably on 40k. Udonis will hardly struggle in later life if he shows he can potentially use even half his brain.

JasonJohnHorn
07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
The Heat organization has been well known in taking care of some of their more loyal and/or popular players. Haslem has a ton of reasons for staying... His mom is sick, he is from Miami, he went to high school and college in Florida, he was brought in as an undrafted free agent, he's won a ring with them, he is close friends with D-Wade. Damn, ppl will find any reason to bash any heat player. It's funny because the guy has been nothing but a hard-nosed, tough, loyal guy for this organization and like someone said before he definitely will be taken care of.

It sounds like you are describing all the things lacking in James here.
Haslem does seem like a great guy and is one of the best undrafted players in the history of the league. I wish him well in this system, and if they get a real center, I think Bosh may actually find himself fighting for minutes at power forward!

yboord028
07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Because he didn't entertain the offer, he was offered the offer... Wade took less money to get Haslem on the roster and it was pretty much cemented he will be on the team.

Haslem should be commended.. not bashed. It makes me smile when I see that money isn't the highest motivator.. even if its a player from a team that I don't root for.

People need to stop acting like a couple million a year is chump change also. The average American adult makes around 40,000 a year. Udonis is going to be like 40x wealthier then the average American. A couple million puts you in elite company salary wise. Regular people can live comfortably on 40k. Udonis will hardly struggle in later life if he shows he can potentially use even half his brain.
x2

ldawg
07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Sorry but i was Taken the money If i need a ring that bad i would buy one.

BigBlueCrew
07-14-2010, 08:09 PM

Your making lifestyle comparison between a person who has made on average 5 million per season and the average person who makes 40K per year? Really??? I don't know how Udonis lives personally, but I can guarantee the bills aren't the same, low-IQ or high IQ.

smith&wesson
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
He has been on miami forever, he probably just wants to play for pat riley.

guys who play for phill jackson, pat riley, larry brown for a long period of time cant imagine playing for other organizations because of the solid bond and relationship they have with the franchise and city.

plus it doesnt hurt when your resigning to play with wade and lebron. seriously is it that shocking ?

RocketPower2010
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Ok so...LeBron ditched his hometown team and he gets criticized. He's disloyal. ok.

Haslem took a paycut to stay with his hometown team and he gets criticized. He's loyal. ok.

Can you guys please just list the perfect player that wouldn't get criticized? The Heat will do their best to get them, ok? Thanks for the input.

Westbrook36
07-14-2010, 08:50 PM
He's so well respected on the Heat, he could have left last season too. He's likely going to have his number retired on the Heat too.

C-ross12
07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Your making lifestyle comparison between a person who has made on average 5 million per season and the average person who makes 40K per year? Really??? I don't know how Udonis lives personally, but I can guarantee the bills aren't the same, low-IQ or high IQ.

...Say Udonis and myself go down to the local Ford dealership. We both want a new F150. The truck will cost us both 25,000. Its not going to cost him like 700,000 because he makes more then myself. I dont personally care if his lavish lifestyle demands he make more then 2 million a year. It doesn't change the fact that the majority of people in this country get along just fine making 40k. What im trying to say is making 2,000,000 is a blessing.

Living comfortably in the future should require him to invest. If he perfers to lavish it up in the current and struggle in the future, he deserves it. Not saying that is his certain case. Overall what I'm trying to say is it shouldn't matter if you're making 2,000,000 or 5,000,000 a year; when your that wealthy your future shouldn't be uncertain period.

MacFitz92
07-14-2010, 11:34 PM
They are decent teams and should be near the top of the West this season. If you were really looking at it objectively though, especially considering he's from Florida, where would you want to be?

The place that is paying me 6 million more?

FinsHeatPanthrs
07-14-2010, 11:34 PM
He is the epitome of what Riley and the organization love in a player. If he keeps this up there will surely be an opening within the heat organization for him when he retires, a la Zo. So in the long run it should work out.

ManRam
07-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Ok so...LeBron ditched his hometown team and he gets criticized. He's disloyal. ok.

Haslem took a paycut to stay with his hometown team and he gets criticized. He's loyal. ok.

Can you guys please just list the perfect player that wouldn't get criticized? The Heat will do their best to get them, ok? Thanks for the input.

It really is terrible. People just hate who they want to hate, and will spin anything into a bad thing in order to hate. It's crazy. I don't blame LeBron for leaving a small market where he hasn't gotten the pieces around him to win, and instead going to Miami to play with some other great players, accepting the fact that he won't be the clear #1 option, taking less money, all in order to win. He gets bashed for that.

And then Haslem decides to stay, taking less money again, all in order to be in a place he wants to be...and he too is criticized.

It's laughable really. The double standards to exist are really just mind-blowing.

DR. Pepper
07-14-2010, 11:36 PM
he has a ****ing tatoo of florida on his back.. why the hell would he move to utah? Miami is a great city and place to live anyway.. no tax great weather plus great championship chances.. hes still makin millions.. who cares

What?
07-14-2010, 11:37 PM
I think FL being his home town had a lot to do with it, but yeah I agree. I think Haslem will regret not taking the money. Yeah Rings are nice and all but in the words of Floyd Meyweather "Respect dont pay the bills!"

Florida's a town?

bklynny67
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
i just love how the Heat fans are already counting the rings their "gonna be getting" and they havent even played 1 game together.

its gonna be so awesome when they dont win, i cant wait to see what all their fans are gonna be saying. besides... most these Heat "fans" we're only hearing from now cuz they got these 3. clearly they have TONS of fairweather fans who are just starting to show themselves.

i cant wait to :dance: when they dont win and see what these fans have to say then.

Avenged
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I actually like Haslem. Good for him to resign with Miami, he has been stuck with Wade through the good and bad and definitely deserves to be there now that the team is headed nowhere but up.

GiantMetKnick
Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but I read something that he wanted to be close to his ill mother in Florida.

wileyisTOFU
...Say Udonis and myself go down to the local Ford dealership. We both want a new F150. The truck will cost us both 25,000. Its not going to cost him like 700,000 because he makes more then myself. I dont personally care if his lavish lifestyle demands he make more then 2 million a year. It doesn't change the fact that the majority of people in this country get along just fine making 40k. What im trying to say is making 2,000,000 is a blessing.

Living comfortably in the future should require him to invest. If he perfers to lavish it up in the current and struggle in the future, he deserves it. Not saying that is his certain case. Overall what I'm trying to say is it shouldn't matter if you're making 2,000,000 or 5,000,000 a year; when your that wealthy your future shouldn't be uncertain period.

:clap:

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 11:40 PM

Nice post. I agree, it's all so confusing to me, ripped for being disloyal and ripped for being loyal. Everyone just wants to find some reason to rip the Heat and their players.

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
The place that is paying me 6 million more?

Yeah, that's objectively. Well, I guess getting paid as much as possible isn't as important to him, he's more worried about winning. That's the ultimate goal anyway or is that not what the Mavs play for?

What?
07-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Yeah, that's objectively. Well, I guess getting paid as much as possible isn't as important to him, he's more worried about winning. That's the ultimate goal anyway or is that not what the Mavs play for?

The Mavs are a organization Haslem is a employee of a organization. Would you take less so that your boss will succeed

J_M_B
07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
What's with posters saying Haslem is just piggy packing?

He's the heart and soul of the Miami Heat. Born and raised in the 305 and went to college at Florida University.

Miami is his home. He's showing loyalty.

And when it comes to his talent, he's an underrated player. This man lead the league in double-doubles off the bench. He was known to be clutch in crunch time, always coming through when called upon. In my opinion, the best blue collar player in the NBA. He's a great rebounder, solid defender, good mid range jumper, and gives it his all on every play. Haslem has a passion for the game, he doesn't care about the money. Great locker room guy and great character.

Udonis will have his number retired by the Heat. He's the ultimate role player and warrior.

J_M_B
07-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Miami also showed loyalty as well. Haslem has been in Miami for 7 years. They weren't about leave him behind, he's along for the ride.

TheWrightStuff5
07-15-2010, 12:07 AM
In my opinion, the best blue collar player in the NBA. He's a great rebounder, solid defender, good mid range jumper, and gives it his all on every play. Haslem has a passion for the game, he doesn't care about the money. Great locker room guy and great character.

Udonis will have his number retired by the Heat. He's the ultimate role player and warrior.

:clap::clap::clap:

What?
07-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Miami also showed loyalty as well. Haslem has been in Miami for 7 years. They weren't about leave him behind, he's along for the ride.

Congratulations they found it in there heart to offer a 6m a year player a fraction of what he could make with other teams

J_M_B
07-15-2010, 12:17 AM
Congratulations they found it in there heart to offer a 6m a year player a fraction of what he could make with other teams

The money could have been used elsewhere..

He's going to get an increase in salary each year by 8%, I believe, I'm not sure on the exact number.

What?
07-15-2010, 12:19 AM
The money could have been used elsewhere..

He's going to get an increase in salary each year by 8%, I believe, I'm not sure on the exact number.

He could have gotten that much money from any team in the NBA. 8% increase is still a fraction of how much he would have gotten from Utah

qbanheatfan
07-15-2010, 12:19 AM

He didn't sign for less to win championships he signed for less to stay at home and play for the same organization that gave him a chance when others wouldn't. Although he left money on the table he will be taken care of for life. If you knew the owner and how the Miami Heat organization treats its players you would understand. Look at Alonzo Mourning who is now Vice President of player development. Haslem will have a role with this organization for as long as he wants to have one. Its what Lebron talked about how the Heat seemed like a family to him during their 3 hr meeting and that's what in the end won out.

Sixerlover
07-15-2010, 12:24 AM
The Mavs are a organization Haslem is a employee of a organization. Would you take less so that your boss will succeed

What about taking less so that you continue to live comfortable around your family, and not getting used to a new situation?

Not to mention the company your currently working for is your favorite company in the world, and is on the way to a monumental increase, while the company offering to pay more has stayed neutral for the last 7 or so years?

Sixerlover
07-15-2010, 12:26 AM

+1

I'm not even remotely a Miami Heat fan, but I'm leaning more and more towards rooting for them to do well because of the blind hate that spews out of this forum towards them everyday.

RCarlson85
07-15-2010, 12:52 AM

Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here, no joke. The NBA isn't exactly like your regular organization. He won't be playing just to make his boss rich. He's playing to win championships. You don't work for a normal organization to win championships. This is a stupid comparison.

Also, even in a normal organization money isn't always the most important thing. Some people care more about benefits, having good co-workers, having a good boss, and working for a good company, not just getting the highest possible salary.

show34
07-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Allen iverson would be good for miami as well or i can see him in pheonix but frachise who needs a ring as well would be good too

show34
07-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Oops wrong tread but haslem is loyal and is a florida boy thats the loyalty of a soldier and the heart of a lion

What?
07-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on here, no joke. The NBA isn't exactly like your regular organization. He won't be playing just to make his boss rich. He's playing to win championships. You don't work for a normal organization to win championships. This is a stupid comparison.

Also, even in a normal organization money isn't always the most important thing. Some people care more about benefits, having good co-workers, having a good boss, and working for a good company, not just getting the highest possible salary.

You don't become a NBA player to win championships either you do it to make money honestly if the money didn't matter then all these players would work for free so they could win championships but they don't because they need to make money from there job. Being a NBA player is a job even if it is a unique one and a franchise is a organization with employees and people on there payroll just like any organization when you succeed you make money when you don't you lose money and you hire people to succeed if your a really good employee and you do a good job you get more money what he just did was he did a good job at his job got offered 3x as much from a different organization and he declined. I commend him for doing it but I just think it was a moron move that I bet not a single person here would do in his situation.