PDA

View Full Version : The New Heat VS The Carmello Wedding Knicks

Mishmin
07-14-2010, 09:55 AM
With this whole Carmello wedding deal, at least the image of Cp3, Amare and Carmello on the knicks has come up. Whether or not it goes down is down the road (and it probably won't happen).

But if it did, how do you see these teams matching up. Would that knicks crew really be a match for the heat? I don't know if they'd cut it defensively, but the heat still doesn't have a true point guard. How's this gonna look outside of a video game?

LionBryan
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
They'll both be dominated by the Pistons 3 of Will Bynum, Jonas Jerebko and Rodney Stuckey.

S-Dot
07-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Its "Carmelo"...and I think we should wait for this to happen first. Miami "Three Amigos" havent even played a game together.

twoearl
07-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Heat in 7. Melo and Bron would be a wash, but Wade would go Crazy. I think Bosh is better than Amare, especially in the half court game. CP3 is the wild card but they could maybe put Wade on him in crunch time...

DWills
07-14-2010, 10:04 AM
in a 7 game series, heat 4-1

over the course of the season, u might get a different result like 2-2 or even knicks 3-1

but in a series, knicks lack of anything defensive would really get exposed.

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 10:11 AM
knicks in 7.

king4day
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Bosh/Amar'e is a wash
Melo/LBJ is close but James gets it
Wade > anyone
Paul > anyone

I think it would come down to role players more than anything.

I'd give the Heat the edge since we know what their team is gonna look like (mostly).

nycsports2
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
i think the knicks would be better not cuz im a knicks fan but bc anthony randolph and danilo gallianari are 2 very good young players and the rest of the heat sucks to be honest

Da Knicks
07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Amare would destroy Bosh like he will do this season and Anthony always seems to get the best of James. Paul and Wade would would be interesting if they took on each other. James would handle the ball for the heat like he will this year but paul would be just as good, this would be a very good series.

kswissdaf
07-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Bosh>Amare
LeBron>Melo
Wade>Paul

really is simple as that

king4day
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Bosh>Amare
LeBron>Melo
Wade>Paul

really is simple as that

I was being generous above saying those two are a wash, but Amar'e was the best player in the NBA the second half of last year. What was Bosh doing? He's considered greater than Amar'e because of the hype this whole offseason has brought.

knicks=love
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Bosh>Amare
LeBron>Melo
Wade>Paul

really is simple as that

obviously you would say that. if you matched up paul with wade, lebron with carmelo, and bosh with amare, it almost equal out. on the knicks, whose gonna cover randolph and gallinari? tell me that one. big z? haslem? yeah thats a good one..

FOBolous
07-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Amare would destroy Bosh like he will do this season and Anthony always seems to get the best of James. Paul and Wade would would be interesting if they took on each other. James would handle the ball for the heat like he will this year but paul would be just as good, this would be a very good series.

Amare will destroy bosh? Are you kidding me. Dude's so overrated it's not even funny. A big man who can't rebound or defend? Wow. I always thought the ability to rebound and defend...or at the very least...rebound is a requirement to be consider a good pf. Guess amare gets a free pass huh? And he's not even that amazing of a scorer...he barely averaged 20 points a game last season.

Raidaz4Life
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I got the Knicks because of the X-factor, Gallinari

Hugbees
07-14-2010, 10:31 AM
The bench of the Knicks would give them the edge. They have a good young core along with their big 3.

D-Block21-Chito
07-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Knicks! With a true point guard being able to dish off carmelo and amare?.... That is an advantage over the heat. So I'd say knicks in 7 and I really hope this team does indeed form.

FOBolous
07-14-2010, 10:33 AM
But yea, this would be a great matchup. Call me crazy but I would put my $$$ on the Knicks' trio because their style of play fits better. I'm still wondering how leberon and Wade are going to play off of each other

Boston33
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
The Knicks forget to play defense

J4KOP99
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
We would need to know each teams supporting cast but those who are saying the Knicks don't have any defense... What defense does the heat trio have? Don't let LeBron's huge blocks fool you into thinking he is some incredible defender. Bosh and Amar'e are equally terrible and the the only two solid defenders are Paul and Wade. Paul and Wade at least understand how to play team defense.

FOBolous
07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I was being generous above saying those two are a wash, but Amar'e was the best player in the NBA the second half of last year. What was Bosh doing? He's considered greater than Amar'e because of the hype this whole offseason has brought.

Do you ever wonder why bosh got so much hype and amare didn't despite the fact they're both free agents? Do you ever wonder why all the teams are trying to get bosh and no one gave a flying crap about amare? Or why lebron and Wade all talked about teaming up with bosh but not amare? It's because bosh is the better player.

DWills
07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Knicks! With a true point guard being able to dish off carmelo and amare?.... That is an advantage over the heat. So I'd say knicks in 7 and I really hope this team does indeed form.

really?? whose playin defense for that team???

Prince_Karl315
07-14-2010, 10:39 AM
lmao u must be higu thinking bosh can guard amare..amare did average just around 20 ppg. but in the west better bigs n move size there..n melo has always out preformed lebron head to head i remember last season melo taking leron for a game winner 1 on 1 final seconds..n cp3 n wade somewhat cancel each other out but knicks bench by farrrrr is better..gallo douglas randolph walker buike

Slimsim
This is funny because everyone picking the heats to beat Paul Carmelo and amare and yet you have the same poster saying heats can't beat orlando or Boston in a series.

0nekhmer
it cant happen lol. Amare already has the max. you think carmello would take that much less to play with the other 2? i'd hope so.. then the knicks would have to trade like 5-6 of their players for CP3 unless they get him in FA next year. SO if the question is just Wade/Bron/Bosh VS CP3/Carmello/Amare
then i'd say miami wins.
CP3 > Wade in PG terms
Bron > Carmello overall ( carmello could score more )
Bosh > Amare ( in one on one situation )

knickfan4life
07-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Do you ever wonder why bosh got so much hype and amare didn't despite the fact they're both free agents? Do you ever wonder why all the teams are trying to get bosh and no one gave a flying crap about amare? Or why lebron and Wade all talked about teaming up with bosh but not amare? It's because bosh is the better player.

come on man, bosh hasnt played in any important games yet... bosh is overrated b/c with a VERYY good team he cudnt make the playoffs... his is not a good defender either and in all of his matchups against amare, amare has schooled him...

amare got less hype b/c of his injuries and hes older than bosh, but i believe amare is a better player overall.

JUST amares ONE game against LA this past post season shuns any game bosh has ever played... prove me wrong

Slimsim
07-14-2010, 10:41 AM
People hating because there is no other team that can do what the Knicks are capable of doing.

D-Block21-Chito
07-14-2010, 10:42 AM
All I know is CP3 is the best point quard in the NBA and That's the team I would want. Knicks would need Noah or chit why not convince D-Howard to come on up there...lol know that would be sick. I think I would move to NYC if they got him

Raoul Duke
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
What if Batman fought Aquaman?

What? It's about as worthy a topic as this.

knickfan4life
it cant happen lol. Amare already has the max. you think carmello would take that much less to play with the other 2? i'd hope so.. then the knicks would have to trade like 5-6 of their players for CP3 unless they get him in FA next year. SO if the question is just Wade/Bron/Bosh VS CP3/Carmello/Amare
then i'd say miami wins.
CP3 > Wade in PG terms
Bron > Carmello overall ( carmello could score more )
Bosh > Amare ( in one on one situation )

you cant be serious, have you watched them play head to head?

king4day

Bosh was in the inner circle. Amar'e never would have taken the pay cut.
We'll see next year.

D-Block21-Chito
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Bosh was in the inner circle. Amar'e never would have taken the pay cut.
We'll see next year.

Didn't Bosh End up with a larger total contract? After Taxes in all Bosh Made more going to Miami. I'm pretty sure about this so get your facts straight

uws
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the x-factor would be how much deeper the knicks bench is. When those top guys are off the floor the knicks young talented bench would wipe the floor with huck-n-chuck vets the heat would put out there...

D-Block21-Chito
07-14-2010, 10:49 AM
LOL this makes me laugh.. CP3 made Tyson frickin chandler an allstar ang GOD he is awful. Think about what he could do with carmelo and amare??? I don't even like the knicks but I would be an instant fan of watching them play together. More so than the heat. Just an outsiders opinion

Prince_Karl315
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
dude amare got 99.7 mill n bosh 110 i think difference of 11 lets say for a whole season amare got better deal

Gideon
07-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Why does everyone keep saying Amare scored under 20ppg last season? The dude scored 23.1ppg get your facts straight.

oak2455
07-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Bosh<Amare
LeBron<Melo
Wade>Paul

really is simple as that

FAIL:facepalm: FIXED

king4day
07-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Didn't Bosh End up with a larger total contract? After Taxes in all Bosh Made more going to Miami. I'm pretty sure about this so get your facts straight

Amar'e signed a 5 year max.
Bosh signed for slightly less for 6 (none of the big 3 took max money, just max years). Money saved on taxes aren't taken into consideration when it comes to luxery tax. I'm not talking total contract value. I'm talking individual years.

Cbast09
07-14-2010, 11:09 AM
This thread has been hijacked. It's become let's bash the Heat thread. Also, since Bosh joined, that makes him overrated and he's not a top 10 player anymore. Also, now that Wade and Lebron are on the Heat, they are no longer top 3 players. Lebron is now worse than Melo. Also, the Heat have no bench and they are going to play with 5 people.

Is this supposed to be taken seriously?
This is like comparing Goku Vs. Superman. Why? Because it's fictional. It hasn't happened yet!!!
Melo might get an extension and Paul might stay. This is just a bunch of assuming on the part of Knick fans and haters of the Heat (who is IDK, EVERYBODY!).

h2r09
07-14-2010, 11:12 AM
considering when you matchup each player of the big 3 against the other and we also have udonis, big z and mike miller off the bench, ill take the heat.

Wade > CP3
LEbron >MElo
Bosh>Amare

tonyd3b54
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
amare is better than bosh because wen it comes time for manning up amare can do it, look at how he played against the lakers... bosh is a huge panzie and once he faces good bigs hell always get outshined...

king4day
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
This has become a bashing thread so I'm closing it.