PDA

View Full Version : chris paul on trading block.....

blackknicks4601
07-14-2010, 09:09 AM
This just in reported from hoops world.com Chris Paul is rumored to be on trading block....my guess is The hornets were not too fond of what was said at carmelo anthonys wedding refering to the BIG THREE for the knicks...could that have caused the GM of the hornets to step down and what team do you think has the cap room to absorb his contract..?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp

tdunk21
07-14-2010, 09:11 AM
hornets management already said cp3 will not be traded....

and moreover this rumor is from hoopsworld...not happening

saintdrew
07-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Well....Hoopsworld is very wrong and incorrect.

Jeff Bower was the one who wanted to trade Chris Paul. It was the Hornets President & owner who affirmed him not to, that Paul was staying.

You can go look at articles with Jeff Bower and (President) Hugh Weber. Most of the time it's this repetitive theme from Bower of "yeah we've had trade offers for Paul--we're trying to win now..." yadda yadda.

And Weber's tone is always of this "Paul is not leaving."

People just want to see the big star traded from the small-market team to someone like the Knicks. Some of these rumors are ********.

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 09:37 AM
paul will be a knick, its just a matter of time, NO should trade him while they can still get alot of value, this would be a good package from knicks:

Curry (expiring contract), felton, chandler, walker, first round pick for cp3 and oakfor (god awful contract)

NO should try to make a deal like this.

LionBryan
07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Not happening. That franchise and basketball in Louisiana is dead without Paul.

Unruly Fan
07-14-2010, 09:42 AM
paul will be a knick, its just a matter of time, NO should trade him while they can still get alot of value, this would be a good package from knicks:

Curry (expiring contract), felton, chandler, walker, first round pick for cp3 and oakfor (god awful contract)

NO should try to make a deal like this.That trade looks terrible.

LionBryan
07-14-2010, 09:46 AM
paul will be a knick, its just a matter of time

Remember when it was only a matter of time before Lebron joined his buddy Jay-Z was a Net and only a matter of time before Wade went home and was a Bull? How'd that turn out?

Prince_Karl315
07-14-2010, 09:46 AM
lol u notice the ppl that say its not happening are saintz fans hints hornet fans lol.. i think its 50 50 he gets delt n only to ny i doubt he want to go anywhere else..

SB75
07-14-2010, 09:49 AM

While I do think Paul will being elsewhere in 2012, it's no guarantee that it will be NY. Also your trade doesn't work for either side. You can't sign someone else's FA to trade them, I.E. Felton. N.O. is only getting 1 first round back and not much in terms of young talent.

S-Dot
07-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Not sure if this is true as of today, but I can definitely see CP3 on the trading block soon. I thought he was untouchable, but with problems with managment along with his allegations of talking about joining other teams, I wouldnt be as surprised as I was a month or two ago if he was traded.

LionBryan
07-14-2010, 09:55 AM
lol u notice the ppl that say its not happening are saintz fans hints hornet fans lol.. i think its 50 50 he gets delt n only to ny i doubt he want to go anywhere else..

Pretty sure I said that and I'm clearly a Detroit fan.

JeffG20
07-14-2010, 09:57 AM

Maybe it's because we follow the team closely and have a better idea of what's going on then you do

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 09:58 AM
While I do think Paul will being elsewhere in 2012, it's no guarantee that it will be NY. Also your trade doesn't work for either side. You can't sign someone else's FA to trade them, I.E. Felton. N.O. is only getting 1 first round back and not much in terms of young talent.

Not to mention NY doesn't even have a 1st round pick until 2013 ( I know they have one next year, but it will most likely be swapped to a later pick with houston)

uws
07-14-2010, 10:03 AM
it is very possible that he is being shopped under the radar GM to GM, but publicly the hornets dont want to come out and say it because it will look bad to their fans, and people might start getting upset (as seen above)

SB75
07-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Not to mention NY doesn't even have a 1st round pick until 2013 ( I know they have one next year, but it will most likely be swapped to a later pick with houston)

Yeah man, dude i just ill informed.

uws
07-14-2010, 10:04 AM

you sir are incorrect. they have one both of the next two years but houston has a right to swap with us, but the picks are top 1 and top 5 protected

J4KOP99
07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Hoopsworld reported this? You mean the same Hoopsworld that reported LeBron was going to the Knicks?

I won't believe anything about Paul or Anthony until 1)Paul demands a trade and 2) Anthony turns down his extension.

Hellcrooner
07-14-2010, 10:08 AM
thy want to shed okafors contract too.

Lets go, Paul and Okafor for shasha expring, Bynum and picks , Piss on the heat.

minervamob
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM

You can trade a signed free agent after december 15

Prince_Karl315
07-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Maybe it's because we follow the team closely and have a better idea of what's going on then you do

just like cavs fans knew more then anyone else bout lebron staying in cleveland and he didnt have problems with gm at the time..cp3 just like lebron wants to win now n hes not gonna win in NO u guys have no shot of making dent for playoffs

SB75
07-14-2010, 10:14 AM
you sir are incorrect. they have one both of the next two years but houston has a right to swap with us, but the picks are top 1 and top 5 protected

Didn't they trade 2 first round picks for Tracey?

JeffG20
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Next year we have huge expiring contracts that will give the hornets tons of money to work with, add to that an ownership change and getting rid of a terrible GM

Paul still has 2 years left so don't act like it's a done deal until you see him wearing a Knicks jersey. Because it worked so well with Lebron... Oh wait

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
knicks dont have there 2010 first round pick.

SB75
07-14-2010, 10:16 AM
You can trade a signed free agent after december 15

That I know, but let's be real dude is talking about now. And to add to hat if they trade Paul they are convinced Collison can get the job done. So why would they take back a pg that makes 7 mil? This trade just doesn't work!

thedfactor
07-14-2010, 10:16 AM
only speculation, no legs

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Next year we have huge expiring contracts that will give the hornets tons of money to work with, add to that an ownership change and getting rid of a terrible GM

Paul still has 2 years left so don't act like it's a done deal until you see him wearing a Knicks jersey. Because it worked so well with Lebron... Oh wait

The one thing ur clearly misssing is that Lebron never said once id like to play for the knicks....knick fans assumed that.....

In pauls case he has already stated he would like to join the knicks, which is not good for the hornets franchise.

Sixerlover
07-14-2010, 10:22 AM

meaning they can't trade those picks because Houston has the right to swap.

MFFL==FML
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Tyson Chandler + Caron Butler + Rodrigue Beaubois + 2 future 1st round picks for Chris Paul + Emeka Okafor

Under-the-table deal, Dallas' TPE for James Posey.

PG: Chris Paul/Jason Kidd
SG: Jason Terry/Dominique Jones
SF: Shawn Marion/James Posey
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Ian Mahinmi
C : Brendan Haywood/Emeka Okafor

:clap:

omdigga
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Hoopsworld reported this? You mean the same Hoopsworld that reported LeBron was going to the Knicks?

I won't believe anything about Paul or Anthony until 1)Paul demands a trade and 2) Anthony turns down his extension.

x2 .. when will we learn not to trust any of this media hype.

Black24Momba8
07-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Houston also has the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011, and the Rockets also get New York's 2012 first-round pick.

A source close to the negotiations told ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford that the Knicks' 2011 pick is top-1 protected, and the 2012 pick is top-5 protected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924836

Prince_Karl315
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
The one thing ur clearly misssing is that Lebron never said once id like to play for the knicks....knick fans assumed that.....

In pauls case he has already stated he would like to join the knicks, which is not good for the hornets franchise.

thanks this guy obviously doesnt know the difference..i was one of few that didnt want lebron in ny..wantes him to stay in cleveland..dont be mad wit me cuz hornets r bout to have mutual feeling with cav fans on what its like to lose a great player :)

Da Knicks
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
I can see Paul in another team before 2012 that the team will be the knicks I dont know Felton would love to keep his job and feed Amare, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Walker. New York very quitely formed a good team that will be in the playoffs this year. People always act like if New York lost in free agency when we actually landed the second best pf in the league. The team is on a warpath to become a good team again with these players actually saying the knicks are on their mind that means alot.

HT9Canada
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM

just like lebron...

J4KOP99
07-14-2010, 10:34 AM
These threads go nowhere. The hornets fans dispute it and the Knicks fans believe it as gospel.

Hugbees
07-14-2010, 10:37 AM
^ Are you a manganelli as well?

Raoul Duke
07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
It's as if Knicks fans are just copying/pasting their arguments for getting Lebron and Bosh and replacing the names with those of CP3 and Melo. If this summer taught you guys anything, it's that you shouldn't get too excited about next summer.

torontosports10
07-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Full TPE, 1st round picks, whoever else from Toronto :)

uws
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
meaning they can't trade those picks because Houston has the right to swap.

they can still trade them, its just that team will inherit the contract that houston will have the ability to swap picks. A team can take on that pick if they so choose

JeffG20
07-14-2010, 10:44 AM
thanks this guy obviously doesnt know the difference..i was one of few that didnt want lebron in ny..wantes him to stay in cleveland..dont be mad wit me cuz hornets r bout to have mutual feeling with cav fans on what its like to lose a great player :)

Not mad, I've pretty much accepted that Paul will probably play elsewhere. I'm just saying don't act like it's a done deal, especially when you don't have a credible source.

I'm growing tired of Pauls whining and with Pauls injury history, going with collison might be best for both parties

Sixerlover
07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
they can still trade them, its just that team will inherit the contract that houston will have the ability to swap picks. A team can take on that pick if they so choose

idk if that's true. I'd have to look that up. Not saying your lying though..

Either way it isn't a good selling point for a team that might trade their franchise PG.

khalil72
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Orlando and New Orleans can get the below trade done. This would work out well for both teams.

Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor for Vince Carter (expiring contract) and Marcin Gortat

Orlando gets a real point guard to play with Lewis and Howard. New Orleans gets a money saving situation with VC's expiring contract and a Center for the future at a lot less money. New Orleans brings their cap down and Orlando somewhat counters what other teams in the east have done.

bartron_44
07-14-2010, 10:50 AM
I think Colangelo will go get CP3 for the Raptors to be the new face of our franchise (for at least the next 2 years when Derozan and Bargnani are ready :) ) He seems to be able to pull off the impossible over the last few years...lol

I know it won't happen, but in theory he could use the trade exception from the CB4 trade to eat up Okafor's contract for the Hornets, and then give them Jose, and a couple young bigs to develop in Alabi and Davis...or some first rounds if they don't like the bigs etc. colangelo has stated he really wants to improve the starting PG for the raptors this offseason...I can't think of a better PG to obtain that CP3.

masalex1205
07-14-2010, 10:54 AM

Why should NO try to make this deal? Horrible

knickfan4life
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM

knicks traded 2011 and 2013 picks so they cannot trade 2012 becuase ur not allowed to trade back to back 1st round picks... so they have no choice but to keep the 2012 pick, they can only swap it... also, b/c they traded 2013, we cannot trade 2014, we can only swap it... next available pick we can give up is 2015, which i hope we dont lol you never know how good or bad you will be that far down the line

blastmasta26
07-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Knicks can't trade for Paul, we have little to offer without gutting our team. Only way we're getting him is FA and we have 2 years to wait for that. So I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet.

nolafan33
07-14-2010, 11:13 AM
This "Prince_Karl" guy just wants CP so bad, it's kind of sad...lol

CP has two years left on his deal, and our GM was just fired yesterday because of his willingness to trade Paul...put two and two together. It's not rocket science.

NBA-GMaster
07-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Chris Paul said, that they will make a big 3 in NY next season.. That's why no team would like to trade for him.. Nobody wants a 1year rental player.. BUT if the Orlando gets CP3, NY will be in trouble.. Melo may change his mind and play for the Magic..

76erEaglePhils
07-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Every possible trade or fa rumor Knicks fans think their team is right in the middle of it.

Hoopsadvocate
07-14-2010, 11:29 AM
What a surprise knick fans think they will get a prime elite player just because it's NY this should turn out well just like in the past lol

CaptainStu5
07-14-2010, 11:30 AM

I don't know if that's true or not. Anyways, New York doesn't even have their 2012 first rounder, unless it's top 5.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2010draftnotes.html

JakeDelbreezy
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Pure conjecture here I know, much speculation with no validation on my part but:

Chris Paul is from North Carolina, he went to school in North Carolina and the Bobcats just acquired Damp's disappearing contract which NO would probably love...I could see the Bobcats making a play for CP3 and maybe even take back Oakafor's contract they initially gave him.

Damp disappearing contract, Gerald Wallace, Gerald Henderson, future pick

for

CP3, Okafor

MacFitz92
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Caron Butler, Roddy Beaubois, JJ Barea, and two future 1sts for Chris Paul and James Posey.

uws
07-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't know if that's true or not. Anyways, New York doesn't even have their 2012 first rounder, unless it's top 5.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2010draftnotes.html

they can trade those if they want. however, you would be trading away an unsure asset, the hornets would be recieving the knicks or rockets 1st round pick from that year depending on if houston chooses to swap or not. I dont think someone would want to trade for an asset that is so fluid and could be two very different things, but they could concievabley do it if they chose to

Mars Blackmon
07-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Randolph,Curry,Chandler,Felton for Paul come December. A good cheap PG a 6'8 SF with good skills and can defend the 2/3/4 and a 7' SF/PF who can dribble coast to coast jump over a truck and throw a shot into the seats. And the Hamburglar for future cap relief.

Randolph/Felton/Chandler are cheap and YOUNG!!

Lo Porto
07-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Paul is not getting dealt until the trade deadline at the earliest. If NO struggles and there are any more signs of Paul being unhappy, they will wait until the deadline. Fans would understand a move by a struggling team a lot more than a team with optimism heading into a new year.

D-Block21-Chito
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Pure conjecture here I know, much speculation with no validation on my part but:

Chris Paul is from North Carolina, he went to school in North Carolina and the Bobcats just acquired Damp's disappearing contract which NO would probably love...I could see the Bobcats making a play for CP3 and maybe even take back Oakafor's contract they initially gave him.

Damp disappearing contract, Gerald Wallace, Gerald Henderson, future pick

for

CP3, Okafor

I would love to see CP3 play for jordan. But you need gerald wallace.. This doesn't work

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Paul is not getting dealt until the trade deadline at the earliest. If NO struggles and there are any more signs of Paul being unhappy, they will wait until the deadline. Fans would understand a move by a struggling team a lot more than a team with optimism heading into a new year.

This.

Lets see where the hornets are at the trade deadline.

Da Knicks
07-14-2010, 12:04 PM
What a surprise knick fans think they will get a prime elite player just because it's NY this should turn out well just like in the past lol

Amare Stoudemire;)

SluggeR
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
People kill me when they say if CP3 leaves the N.O. that basketball is done down there. He's on the team now and the franchise is a wounded duck. All you hear about is the financial issues of that franchise. I don't hear anybody saying the cavs franchise is about to fold. If the hornets franchise is so fragile that it will fold, because CP3 leaves...GO HEAD AND SEND THEM TO SEATTLE!!!

Lakersho
07-14-2010, 12:12 PM
...anyone would love to have cp3 . slim chance tho, maybe at trade deadline or next july...

justinnum1
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM

:laugh:

BkOriginalOne
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Chris Paul will leave because the Hornets will never be able to build a team around him there.

Paul's gonna need a lights out a shooter, scoring on the wing and a legit 20, 10 force in the post in order to compete for a title.

Where are they gonna get that? David West is not 20, 10 and Peja is old.

SluggeR
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
^^^STAT and Galli.

bringinwood
07-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Obviously, there is something that is disgruntling the Hornets brass about Paul....

I could see them trading him if it gets worse....

However, the Knicks won't be the only ones making a play for Paul...

I could see half a dozen, or more, teams that could make a better deal for Paul than the Knicks...

Paul to the Knicks is a long shot indeed....

nolafan33
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
People kill me when they say if CP3 leaves the N.O. that basketball is done down there. He's on the team now and the franchise is a wounded duck. All you hear about is the financial issues of that franchise. I don't hear anybody saying the cavs franchise is about to fold. If the hornets franchise is so fragile that it will fold, because CP3 leaves...GO HEAD AND SEND THEM TO SEATTLE!!!

That's because of owner George Shinn. Dudes a complete joke.

Once the franchise is sold to Chouest, there will be brighter days for the Hornets. He's local and would be one of the richest owners in the NBA.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Jeff Bower was the one who wanted to trade Chris Paul. It was the Hornets President & owner who affirmed him not to, that Paul was staying.

You can go look at articles with Jeff Bower and (President) Hugh Weber. Most of the time it's this repetitive theme from Bower of "yeah we've had trade offers for Paul--we're trying to win now..." yadda yadda.

People just want to see the big star traded from the small-market team to someone like the Knicks. Some of these rumors are ********.

Couldn't have said it better. I guess we might as well just sit back and get used to it because they're going to doing this with CP3 and Melo alllllllllllll season. Oh well.

I wonder do people really understand what a struggling franchise this team was before CP3 got there and that he is literally the face of the franchise? He is financially untradeable.

provider
07-14-2010, 01:43 PM

cp3 isnt going anywhere and furthermore the team in this signature wouldn't have even went to the Super Bowl if the officials would have made the right call on the first down and pass interference calls in overtime. why take pride in a superbowl if you had been helped to get there. Im not hating, just keeping it real

scutch11
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
as a knick fan, its impossible to say its only a matter of time until hes a knick.

after waiting two years for lebron and him flirting with us and other teams, and then doing something he probably knew he was gonna do the whole time, you cant say hes definitely gonna be a knick in the future.

while i think its possible that he would leave in two years as a free agent, he probably wont get traded, they would lose so much on and off the court. im happy with the knicks current roster now and moving forward, and i doubt paul gets traded

FinsSuperBowl
07-14-2010, 01:55 PM
trade him to indy for granger

oak2455
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
:laugh:

you know whats funny the Heats fan base thats funny:speechless::speechless::speechless

hugepatsfan
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I think he will eventually be traded. No clue when though. But they are gonna get something for him. They can do it because they have his replacement on the roster. That makes it easier to deal a star.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 01:59 PM

:confused: i dont know how to feel about it.. obviously do that from a pacer standpoint but i love danny granger

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
you know whats funny the Heats fan base thats funny:speechless::speechless::speechless

They have a fan base :confused:

FarOutIos
07-14-2010, 02:22 PM

This could actually be a good starting point. Especially since Indiana just picked a player similar to Granger in the draft.

There would probably have to be another piece going to NO as well.

hgtiger32
07-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Lakers should jump on this ASAP...i don't know what the Package would include but I'm sure they could work something out...or just wait 2 years til CP3 is a FA...

hgtiger32
07-14-2010, 02:25 PM
o and it also bugs the s h i t outta me when ppl don't capitalize a persons name in a thread title, idk, pet peeve

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
This could actually be a good starting point. Especially since Indiana just picked a player similar to Granger in the draft.

granger and troy murphy(10 mil+ contract up next year) maybe also throw in a brandon rush type of player and a draft pick

cp3 and okafor (since they are trying to get rid of him anyway)

whaddya think???

PraiseJesus
07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
knicks

saintdrew
07-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Orlando and New Orleans can get the below trade done. This would work out well for both teams.

Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor for Vince Carter (expiring contract) and Marcin Gortat

Orlando gets a real point guard to play with Lewis and Howard. New Orleans gets a money saving situation with VC's expiring contract and a Center for the future at a lot less money. New Orleans brings their cap down and Orlando somewhat counters what other teams in the east have done.

^ That might be the worst trade I've ever seen.

I swear most of you are half-dumb, for real.

The problem is that you have all these Knicks fans that think since it's "New York" that all of the NBA players are just dying to play there. Well guess what? You guys should be thanking the Lord that you got Amar'e Stoudemire. I'm sorry you lost out on James, Wade, Bosh, Gay, Boozer and others but is it really necessary to start making rumors that Chris Paul & Carmelo Anthony are coming to NY? Please some of you people are so pathetic.

Melo15
07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
o and it also bugs the s h i t outta me when ppl don't capitalize a persons name in a thread title, idk, pet peeve

I am right there with you, it makes it look like a 4 year old made the thread and makes it seem less credible right away in my opinion.

hugh1130
07-14-2010, 03:13 PM

The problem is that you have all these Knicks fans that think since it's "New York" that all of the NBA players are just dying to play there.

No, but New york can look to offer fairly for Chris Paul

Honestly, if anyone think we can get Paul with out giving up Galo/chandler and atleast two first rounders is pretty crazy. But i am staying the hell away from Okafur

JLMiles14
07-14-2010, 03:19 PM

The problem is that you have all these Knicks fans that think since it's "New York" that all of the NBA players are just dying to play there. Well guess what? You guys should be thanking the Lord that you got Amar'e Stoudemire. I'm sorry you lost out on James, Wade, Bosh, Gay, Boozer and others but is it really necessary to start making rumors that Chris Paul & Carmelo Anthony are coming to NY? Please some of you people are so pathetic.

did we make the rumors or did chris paul?? ;)

GMENMVP
07-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Why not trade Anthony Randolph and Danillo Gallinari+Curry's expiring contract for CP3...

I think it gives the Hornets talent and cap flexibility.

Plus, they could just slide Collison to PG.

Big Quett
07-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Hell since everybody else throwing dumb trade ideas out there. My turn. How about Mayo, Thebeet, and an expiring ZBo for Paul and Emeka. And whatever draft picks NO wants since we cant draft straight anyway.

superabound
07-14-2010, 03:29 PM

Just kind of like how Cleveland would be dead without LeBron? I honestly doubt Paul cares enough about New Orleans to not join with Melo and Amari in NYC in a year with all of the hype that will bring. You might as well trade him now and get something for him. Now that the Miami Three did their thing, you know its going to keep happening.

GMENMVP
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Hell since everybody else throwing dumb trade ideas out there. My turn. How about Mayo, Thebeet, and an expiring ZBo for Paul and Emeka. And whatever draft picks NO wants since we cant draft straight anyway.

Also, a good trade option for NO and realistic too.

D-Leethal
07-14-2010, 03:36 PM

Considering Chris Paul himself said hes going to come to NY with Carmello Anthony, is it really that unrealistic????

Curry, Randolph, Chandler, Douglas picks for CP and Okafor

SpeeMN
07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Kevin Love, Flynn, Pekovic and Jazz's future first for CP3 or Carmelo

Too bad they don't want to play here.:(

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I can see Paul in another team before 2012 that the team will be the knicks I dont know Felton would love to keep his job and feed Amare, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Walker. New York very quitely formed a good team that will be in the playoffs this year. People always act like if New York lost in free agency when we actually landed the second best pf in the league. The team is on a warpath to become a good team again with these players actually saying the knicks are on their mind that means alot.

Agree, but Amare is the 3rd best PF in the league. Behind Gasol and Ru-paul Bosh.

FinsSuperBowl
07-14-2010, 03:44 PM

i say the pacers should trade:

Granger
Foster
Future 1st rd pick

for

CP3
J. Wright

And yes the salaries does match

Sanchez 4 Prez
07-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Dwight howard wants paul on the magic.

Reports said that a trade to the magic was almost done, magic just didn't want okafor's contract and thus the magic were looking to find a third team for okafor

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 03:48 PM

Why are you so mad? Is it because the best player on your team doesn't want to be there and is interested in coming to NY? Stop the sour grapes, your team will never be good, might as well bow out and let Paul come to the Knicks to battle the Heat and Bulls. CP3 clearly doesn't want to play for that loser franchise, he wants to make NY a winner again and get his name out there and no place to make a bigger name for yourself more than NY.

By the way, you are pathetic, let Knicks fan get all crazy. I don't necesarily think this is going to happen, unless the Knicks are willing to part with Gallinari, which I think could be a mistake in the future, but we will see what happens. Either way it's fun to speculate.

PraiseJesus
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Howard + Paul = wow

saintdrew
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Why are you so mad? Is it because the best player on your team doesn't want to be there and is interested in coming to NY? Stop the sour grapes, your team will never be good, might as well bow out and let Paul come to the Knicks to battle the Heat and Bulls. CP3 clearly doesn't want to play for that loser franchise, he wants to make NY a winner again and get his name out there and no place to make a bigger name for yourself more than NY.

By the way, you are pathetic, let Knicks fan get all crazy. I don't necesarily think this is going to happen, unless the Knicks are willing to part with Gallinari, which I think could be a mistake in the future, but we will see what happens. Either way it's fun to speculate.

Wow....wow.....

You're a sad, sad little man you know that?

When did Chris Paul make rumors about NY? Oh I don't know, maybe he made a comment jokingly about his very own "big 3" in New York one day....does that mean he wants to go to NY? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.

See the bold text--- You're delusional by the way. A delusional Knicks fan. I'm sorry but some guys don't want to play for NY.

DKGiants
07-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I love reading this and get to see how everyone who isn't a Knicks fan HATES on the Knicks so hard.. I mean im sorry if you guys dont live in the best city in the world and you guys are just jealous.. it happens. take it like a *****. I know you guys really do hate NY cuz the :worthy: YANKEES just run sh1t and you wouldnt want the Knicks to start doing the same. it hurts you guys and i feel your pain. :9/11:

allball98
07-14-2010, 04:02 PM

that franchise is starting to look dead with Paul. They need to get him a better supporting cast or the last few years of good Hornet basketball will be forgotten.

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Wow....wow.....

When did Chris Paul make rumors about NY? Oh I don't know, maybe he made a comment jokingly about his very own "big 3" in New York one day....does that mean he wants to go to NY? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.

See the bold text--- You're delusional by the way. A delusional Knicks fan. I'm sorry but some guys don't want to play for NY.

LOL delusional, funny you used that word. Because I would be delusional if I thought Chris Paul would want to remain on a crappy team with no future, even after he said he would love to come to the Knicks and join Carmelo despite still being under contract. Yes you can tell Paul loves New Orleans.

Come on guy your franchise sucks, who knows they might even have to move to another city someday because the fans are too busy running around with hookers and beads all day, getting fat with beer and hot dogs and then can't even afford to make it to a game because they either gambled all their money away or are just way too hung over.

NYYCowboys
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I love reading this and get to see how everyone who isn't a Knicks fan HATES on the Knicks so hard.. I mean im sorry if you guys dont live in the best city in the world and you guys are just jealous.. it happens. take it like a *****. I know you guys really do hate NY cuz the :worthy: YANKEES just run sh1t and you wouldnt want the Knicks to start doing the same. it hurts you guys and i feel your pain. :9/11:

When you live in the best city in the world people get jealous and hate just ignore it.

blake20696
07-14-2010, 04:17 PM
by 2012 i think the nets will be in brooklyn which is in new york so mabye he was talking about the nets

fredo832
07-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I was wondering if any of yall think he can go to Houston. And if so what kinda trade would it be

JonnyBrav000
When you live in the best city in the world people get jealous and hate just ignore it.

I love that sig LOL :clap:

NYYCowboys
by 2012 i think the nets will be in brooklyn which is in new york so mabye he was talking about the nets

Highly doubtful he'd wanna play for the Mets of basketball...

oak2455
07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
They have a fan base :confused:

there is 30 0r 40 of them :)

oak2455
07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow....wow.....

shhhhhh enjoy your superbowl win ok?? no more paper bags on your head:D

DKGiants
07-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Wow....wow.....

HAHAHA SOMEONE IS UPSET!! and no he didnt make a comment Jokingly. he was serious. He knows that NO is a terrible team and will be for the next 10-20 years. enjoy your Saints SB win cuz thats the only thing your city will win in a loooonnnggg time. NEWWW YOORRRKKK!!! we run sh1t. bE JEALOUS :bow:

Tblaze
07-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Interesting, I'm pretty sure we could offer up a pretty nice package :)

Thisisouryear!!
07-14-2010, 04:57 PM

I feel u my dude.

Sometimes it gets to be a bit much tho.

MrfadeawayJB
07-14-2010, 05:18 PM
He will not be traded

HOZ THE KNICK
07-14-2010, 05:21 PM
if he's traded he going east they will never trade him out west

Method28
07-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Man some of you guys are typing under the influnece lol

First off there's no way Paul gets dealt before the trade deadline. If we're out of contention then I could see them trying to justify a trade IF they love the offer.

I don't see a way NY can pull Paul without giving Gallo. If they want to wait a year and a half then maybe the price would lower because of less time left on CP3's contract.

I could see him going to Orlando, NY, and maybe Philly if Paul is moved at THIS trade deadline.

saintdrew
07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
HAHAHA SOMEONE IS UPSET!! and no he didnt make a comment Jokingly. he was serious. He knows that NO is a terrible team and will be for the next 10-20 years. enjoy your Saints SB win cuz thats the only thing your city will win in a loooonnnggg time. NEWWW YOORRRKKK!!! we run sh1t. bE JEALOUS :bow:

Oh, well DKGiants....how do you know Paul made that statement seriously? Who told you? Or did you just read this on "Ronnie's Sports Rumors.com" and you and the other Knicks fans, as far as I'm concerned, have become to the point of obsessed with this.

I'm not jealous of New York, nor do I "hate" New York. I love it how you guys take things tremendously out of context and put words in my mouth--literally things I haven't said. No, seriously.

And I never said we wouldn't trade Chris Paul. He could very well be traded, I just feel like the all Knicks fan are a little delusional because they think just because it's the "best city in the world" and and "NY runs ****" necessarily means Chris Paul, and the other players for that matter, want to come play there. Can you people tell me why you only landed Amar'e Stoudemire? If I'm not correct, didn't you waste 2 years trying to get LeBron James?

Look, the Hornets could trade Paul, yes I realize this. However, can you guys tell me why it's going to be New York? And please, explain this to me with the exception of "because he said something about it at Melo's weddin!"

Verbal Christ
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
houston could come up with a very nice package as well. we do have great young talent, expiring contracts,veterans and oh yea almost forgot, those two sweet *** #1 picks we extracted from the knicks last year that seem to be gaining value for some reason. keep paul on the gulf coast and send him to houston. after katrina you guys owe us! (joke for all the sensitive types)

saintdrew
07-14-2010, 07:03 PM

:confused: How am I "hating" on the Knicks? Exactly what is your definition of "hating?" Is it me saying that I don't believe the Knicks will land Chris Paul & Carmelo Anthony?

Actually you know what, your post is full of some much insignificant, irrational, nonsense that it's tough for me to make a coherent response. You don't deserve one--that's how half-dumb you are. :facepalm:

jimbobjarree
07-14-2010, 07:04 PM
supposedly Paul's knee was screwed up bad by his last injury. Maybe it is the wisest decision to move him now while he's still young and has plenty of time to run on his contract. Still, gutsy move though.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
supposedly Paul's knee was screwed up bad by his last injury. Maybe it is the wisest decision to move him now while he's still young and has plenty of time to run on his contract. Still, gutsy move though.

True, you of all people (being a Jazz fan) know what having the best PG in the NBA does for you..

HornetsSolution
07-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh, well DKGiants....how do you know Paul made that statement seriously? Who told you? Or did you just read this on "Ronnie's Sports Rumors.com" and you and the other Knicks fans, as far as I'm concerned, have become to the point of obsessed with this.

I'm not jealous of New York, nor do I "hate" New York. I love it how you guys take things tremendously out of context and put words in my mouth--literally things I haven't said. No, seriously.

And I never said we wouldn't trade Chris Paul. He could very well be traded, I just feel like the all Knicks fan are a little delusional because they think just because it's the "best city in the world" and and "NY runs ****" necessarily means Chris Paul, and the other players for that matter, want to come play there. Can you people tell me why you only landed Amar'e Stoudemire? If I'm not correct, didn't you waste 2 years trying to get LeBron James?

Look, the Hornets could trade Paul, yes I realize this. However, can you guys tell me why it's going to be New York? And please, explain this to me with the exception of "because he said something about it at Melo's weddin!"

Be cool man. Chill out. Let New York fans do what they do. They are praying and hoping Chris Paul come to them via free agency or traded.

HOOPSWORLD Hornets ' source said rumors of Chris Paul being traded are not based on anything they have talked about... calling rumors total speculation

The soon to be owner don't want and probably will not trade Chris Paul. The new GM will be told that. He will spend the money to make Chris happy.

KJ21.the.truth
07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
O town bound. By bye vc hellooooo cp3

dtmagnet
07-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Toronto could offer them salary relief but not much return of talent.

christexaport
07-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Dallas final offer was as compelling as any, reportedly any legal combination of any of their next 3 first round picks, Rodrigue Beaubois, Dominique Jones, cash, and any players/expiring contracts (they have $30+ million worth...) besides Dirk. But at this point, they aren't accepting ANY offer short of LeBron James or Dwight Howard. Period.

So until the deadline, he's in NO, and once the deadline comes, we'll see who has the chips. Dallas still has the advantage, asset wise. Houston is there as well.

TehSamurai
07-14-2010, 08:25 PM
This is just too funny. It seems that whatever the Hornets do, everybody on every board comes to the conclusion that they are about to trade Chris Paul.

Keep dreaming, people.

Jahari Kavi
07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
houston could come up with a very nice package as well. we do have great young talent, expiring contracts,veterans and oh yea almost forgot, those two sweet *** #1 picks we extracted from the knicks last year that seem to be gaining value for some reason. keep paul on the gulf coast and send him to houston. after katrina you guys owe us! (joke for all the sensitive types)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mets77
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
can someone tell me what it says on the bottom of espn or espn two about something with chris paul

DKGiants
07-14-2010, 10:09 PM

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/me_amar_and_melo_BU8MzS41wIdwRYLU1D7NTJ#ixzz0tUKw3 veE
1. take that? just accept the fact. people wouldn't make that up kid..
2. i dont blame you for being jealous of NY.. everyone usually is.
3. we only landed stoudemire and thats fine. i'll take it. hes a beast. and the only other person we were going for was Lebron, not really Wade or Bosh. but a bunch of other teams didnt land him either so we'll take the loss.
4. Wait, what'd you guys do this off-season? ohhhhhh alll that? wow you guys are good.
5. dont worry about the Knicks too much cuz I remember the Knicks BEAT :horse: the NO Hornets BOTH games last year.. remember that? o yea you do :moon: :silly:
you have no argument with me. you lost. face it. just like you're gonna lose CP3 to the Knicks! hahaha

caddiemaster
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
The warriors can afford him!

jiggin
07-14-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/me_amar_and_melo_BU8MzS41wIdwRYLU1D7NTJ#ixzz0tUKw3 veE
3. we only landed stoudemire and thats fine. i'll take it. hes a beast. and the only other person we were going for was Lebron, not really Wade or Bosh. but a bunch of other teams didnt land him either so we'll take the loss.
4. Wait, what'd you guys do this off-season? ohhhhhh alll that? wow you guys are good.
5. dont worry about the Knicks too much cuz I remember the Knicks BEAT :horse: the NO Hornets BOTH games last year.. remember that? o yea you do :moon: :silly:
you have no argument with me. you lost. face it. just like you're gonna lose CP3 to the Knicks! hahaha

and if he isn't traded to the knicks...then what? then who looks foolish?

open mouth insert foot disease seems to be consuming the NBA boards this off-season. Not a smart move but whatever.

SluggeR
07-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Before any team throws the kitchen sank at the Hornets to get Paul, I hope they gage whether he plans to re-up with them. I thank he would re-up with the NYK.

ATX
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Dallas has a lot of pieces, and I wouldn't doubt Cuban to look into this. Chandler would love it. Though Paul may want to play with a younger team.

saintdrew
07-15-2010, 12:15 AM

Ok....so the New York Post said:, "We'll form our own Big 3," Paul allegedly said.

^ How does that affirm anything? So what? You remember earlier in the season when Titans head coach Jeff Fischer was at a charity event and wore a Peyton Manning jersey, saying: "I just want to know what it felt like to be a winner."

^ People say things, it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen.

2. In response to your second, chidish statement. You can look through all of my posts. I never once stated that I was "jealous" of New York. Nor did I ever imply that. That's just you taking everything I say out of context and putting words in my mouth....something that is becoming quite a repetitive theme of yours.

What exactly is our "argument?" If Chris Paul will play for the Knicks or not? And you "won" the argument for something that is completely hypothetical?

Wow ok...ha well then you win for something that doesn't even exist at the moment. Douche.

saintdrew
07-15-2010, 12:17 AM
and if he isn't traded to the knicks...then what? then who looks foolish?

open mouth insert foot disease seems to be consuming the NBA boards this off-season. Not a smart move but whatever.

Nail on the head right there, bud.

RadiantShot
07-15-2010, 12:17 AM
To Orlando you come my baby.

What?
07-15-2010, 12:27 AM

Lol you notice the people who say this will happen are from NY hints Knicks fans lol...

What?
07-15-2010, 12:37 AM

So because a person talked to a person who talked to Amar'e Stoudamire who said that Paul allegely said they should form there own Big 3 it is GUARANTEED he will go to NY... well that's that sorry Hornets you lost your pg

jackdawson
07-15-2010, 12:39 AM
I want the knicks to get Melo and CP3. CP3-Melo-Amare vs LeBron-Wade-Bosh in ECF! WOW! And the old Heat-Knicks rivalry would come back. Think about the rating of that series!

soonabooma
07-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Maybe WE should just bring Chris Paul HOME. We'll slide Westbrook over to the 2 which was his natural position anyway, and let CP run the point. We'll make Thabo Sefolosha our 6th man and let him come in with the second unit. Our starting lineup would look something like this.

Paul
Westbrook
Durant
Green or Ibaka
Aldrich or Mullens

Bench-
Sefolosha
Harden
Maynor
Nick Collison

Trophy time......:D

black1605
07-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Maybe WE should just bring Chris Paul HOME. We'll slide Westbrook over to the 2 which was his natural position anyway, and let CP run the point. We'll make Thabo Sefolosha our 6th man and let him come in with the second unit. Our starting lineup would look something like this.

Paul
Westbrook
Durant
Green or Ibaka
Aldrich or Mullens

Bench-
Sefolosha
Harden
Maynor
Nick Collison

home? as in North Carolina? sure! why not?!

jhood
07-15-2010, 01:10 AM
He's coming to the raptors

nuggetsyankees
07-15-2010, 01:21 AM
The only wat the Raptors could get him is by trading their exception or expirings, picks, and Derozan

saintdrew
07-15-2010, 01:27 AM
So because a person talked to a person who talked to Amar'e Stoudamire who said that Paul allegely said they should form there own Big 3 it is GUARANTEED he will go to NY... well that's that sorry Hornets you lost your pg

Thank you! Someone else on this forum actually has some rational thinking! :clap:

What?
07-15-2010, 01:36 AM

Paul
Westbrook
Durant
Green or Ibaka
Aldrich or Mullens

Bench-
Sefolosha
Harden
Maynor
Nick Collison

Sg was Westbrooks natural position 2 years ago... he has made amazing strides and now he is way more pg then sg

soonabooma
07-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Sg was Westbrooks natural position 2 years ago... he has made amazing strides and now he is way more pg then sg

Yeah, but if we had the opportunity to have a Paul/Westbrook backcourt, I'm pretty sure Russell could find it in his heart to play SG, not becuz he's not a good PG, he's top notch no doubt, but come on.....those two guys on the floor together? Forget about it, we'd be untouchable. It's not like it would ever happen anyway, but I would feel fine saying this much......if it was ever a possibility, A) Chris Paul WOULD come back to OKC where he got his start and play ball for us, and B) Russell Westbrook WOULD be a team player and take on the role of starting SG in order to form the deadliest backcourt in the league.

;)