PDA

View Full Version : Rosen: small signings will be more significant

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Here's a great article by Charley Rosen about tha smaller moves, and I really think he is absolutely right here. People always talk about the stars, but it's the role players that really put teams over the hump.

The LINK: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lesser-NBA-free-agent-moves-may-make-big-difference

I think the signings of Mike Miller, Steve Blake and especially Kyle Korver will be huge for their respective teams.

Especially Korver, since he makes that Bulls team as complete as any. With his shooting to complement Rose's penetrating, Boozers inside game and having a guy like Noah erase his defensive deficiencies, Chicago, not Miami looks to be the class of the East. Add a true defensive minded coach like Tom Thibodeau and I think Chicago is a legitimate contender now.

J-Relo
07-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Bulls made significant change, Boozer+Korver are gerat addition that will really help

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 06:40 AM
:facepalm:
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

R8rs4Life
07-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

A Rock>>>>You

oak2455
07-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread
Lebrons good but Bosh tell him to get off his high and he wasnt worth the money.....
Btw Bulls have a better TEAM......

S-Dot
07-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Not sue if the Bulls are a contender for a title this upcoming season, but they have improved. They need a consistent scorer on the wing who can offer more versatility than Korver.

But I agree to an extent; small signings improve contenders into champions.

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

Couldn't be more off. First off the Bulls have more money to spend, the Heat don't but lets brake this down.

0 = even
1 = slight edge
2 = big advantage

PG D. Rose vs M. Chalmers - Rose +2
SG K. Korver vs D. Wade - Wade +2
SF L. Deng vs L. James - Jame +2
PF C. Boozer vs. C. Bosh - Bosh +1
C J. Noah vs. Z Ilgauskas - Noah +2

Bench
Bulls +2 (When all said and done) The Heat have no room to sign anyone. Soon the Bulls will have JJ Reddick which moves Korver to the bench with Gibson. They will add some other nice pieces and it will be worlds better than Haslem and the other bums the Heat will add.

Totals
Bulls - 6
Heat - 5

Bulls are a better TEAM. Heat have the star power but in this league stars only go as far as the players around them. LeBron should know this best.

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 09:10 AM
until the HEat finish filling out their roster with quality role players, the Bulls are a better team, they have everything they need, but I think they should go after Josh Howard, and if they get him then I would definately assume the Bulls could take the Heat down.

Remember it's not about the best player(s), it's about the best team. The Pistons destroyed the Lakers in the finals a few years back despite their being more talent in LA, but they were able to do it because Detroit was a complete team. Right now the Bulls are starting to look like a complete team.

NBA finals, Lakers vs. Bulls can be a real possibility.

heattiltheend94
07-14-2010, 09:15 AM
The heat are building a bench. They have miller, Haslem, Anthony (soon), and Juwan Howard. Who do the bulls have? Korver?

Slimsim
07-14-2010, 09:15 AM
if bulls get JJ reddick i can see then being a number 2 seed. Orlando made no improvement and I'm 100% sure Boston won't stay health all season.

Truheatfan
07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Lebrons good but Bosh tell him to get off his high and he wasnt worth the money.....
Btw Bulls have a better TEAM......

whatever helps you sleep at night :smoking:

Ethix11
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
The Heat are still in talks to sign Raja Bell, Jerry Stackhouse, Matt Barnes and Brad Miller.

Demetra
07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Last time I checked the powerhouses in the East were Boston, Orlando and Cleveland, No question the Heat and the Bulls have improved their rosters but till they beat Boston and Orlando no one should anoint them Kings! Look what happened to LeBron! He gave up his Kingdom to go buy a ring!

Da Knicks
07-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Hate them or not you have to admit the Heat are the top team in the east...

Iron24th
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Agree,Korver and Blake will be huge for their teams.

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 09:59 AM
The Heat are still in talks to sign Raja Bell, Jerry Stackhouse, Matt Barnes and Brad Miller.

Matt Barnes opted out of his contract to get more money, something the Heat do not have.

Brad Miller wont take a vet min deal.

Stackhouse is a possibility but I mean c'mon he's like 140 years old

Raja Bell might take a cut in pay but honestly don't see it.

So the Heat bench isss

PG???
SG Mike Miller
SF ??
PF Udonis Haslem
C Juwan Howard??

Please, don't tell me you think you can win a ring with all those ??? marks

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I feel filthy when people are posting these ******** <=> comparisons in my thread. Splooey!

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
People are so mesmerized by offensive talent that they pretty much disregard what players bring to the table defensively. The Heat don't have great interior defenders, while the Bulls have a guy like Noah and a proven defensive coach in Thibodeau.

ackar
07-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Last time I checked the powerhouses in the East were Boston, Orlando and Cleveland, No question the Heat and the Bulls have improved their rosters but till they beat Boston and Orlando no one should anoint them Kings! Look what happened to LeBron! He gave up his Kingdom to go buy a ring!

Agreed and I am a Bulls fan to me BOS is the team to beat until the season starts then we will see. Then it also comes down to the playoffs regular season is for seeding.

oak2455
07-14-2010, 11:01 AM
whatever helps you sleep at night :smoking:

Better team Bulls........and really dont sleep well at night my son is 16 months old :p Listen thats my opinion and you have yours fill out your roster and get back to me BTW like I said I rank them NFL, MLB, NBA then NHL...... This season starts when:confused:

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
damn guys it doesnt have to be all about the Heat. geez!!! :facepalm:

Bulls undoubtedly got better, Korver gives them the outside shooting they didnt have last year along with Boozer giving them inside scoring. two very big holes were filled so those signings are HUGE for their team. The only thing i think they will regret is getting rid of Hinrich prematurely, his defense was nothing to ignore and will be missed imo.

Blake is a great pickup as well, i think he is a better player than Farmar, and will help them spread the floor with better outside shooting.

As for Miller's addition to the Heat i think its a crucial pickup for us as it gives us an offensive weapon coming off the bench. great 3pt shooter and is a very under rated ball handler/finisher at the basket. (then again hes been playing on scrub teams most of his career, who was going to notice)

**oakmont: Heat signed Big Z at center, haslem and Juwan at PF, and Miller sg/sf

EaglesJackson10
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

I agree the Heat are better but Korver at least last year was better than Miller.

Cbast09
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Can we end this talk on the Heat for just 1 thread please? There are 29 other teams in the NBA that play for cities. I'm sure something is going on there.

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I agree the Heat are better but Korver at least last year was better than Miller.

As a pure shooter, most certainly. Miller is a little more well rounded Imo, and a better fit for our team.

defender4m
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Couldn't be more off. First off the Bulls have more money to spend, the Heat don't but lets brake this down.

0 = even
1 = slight edge
2 = big advantage

Bench
Bulls +2 (When all said and done) The Heat have no room to sign anyone. Soon the Bulls will have JJ Reddick which moves Korver to the bench with Gibson. They will add some other nice pieces and it will be worlds better than Haslem and the other bums the Heat will add.

Totals
Bulls - 6
Heat - 5

Bulls are a better TEAM. Heat have the star power but in this league stars only go as far as the players around them. LeBron should know this best.

Looking at it that way is stupid because wade is a lot better than korver and same for lebron. but they only get +2. they are a lot better than korver and deng so they should get +5 or something.

Fmaranesi
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Better team Bulls........and really dont sleep well at night my son is 16 months old :p Listen thats my opinion and you have yours fill out your roster and get back to me BTW like I said I rank them NFL, MLB, NBA then NHL...... This season starts when:confused:

The Bulls have more players I'll give you that but they do not have the better team. No one on the Bulls can defend Lebron(check his playoff stats against the bulls this past season) and the only man the Bulls had that could defend Wade was just traded to the Wizards.

Do you believe that Korver or Reddick will be able to contain Wade? I personally don't think so.

Boozer vs Heat this past season(2 games) / Minutes(35)Points(19.5)Rebs(9.5)Assists(2)Blks(1) and that's going up against Michael Beasley and Udonis.

Rose vs Heat this past season (3 games)/
Minutes(37) Points(14.7)Rebs(5)Assists(4) and that's against Mario Chalmers and Carlos Arroyo.

Now I'm not trying to bash the Bulls because I believe they have a real solid squad that is definitely a top 4 team but they are not better than the Heat.

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 11:26 AM

Bulls undoubtedly got better, Korver gives them the outside shooting they didnt have last year along with Boozer giving them inside scoring. two very big holes were filled so those signings are HUGE for their team. The only thing i think they will regret is getting rid of Hinrich prematurely, his defense was nothing to ignore and will be missed imo.

Blake is a great pickup as well, i think he is a better player than Farmar, and will help them spread the floor with better outside shooting.

As for Miller's addition to the Heat i think its a crucial pickup for us as it gives us an offensive weapon coming off the bench. great 3pt shooter and is a very under rated ball handler/finisher at the basket. (then again hes been playing on scrub teams most of his career, who was going to notice)

**oakmont: Heat signed Big Z at center, haslem and Juwan at PF, and Miller sg/sf

I am aware of this, that is why I put it on an earlier post. I am not impressed with any of them except Haslem. He gave the Heat an early Xmas present. Big Z is now the worst starting C in the league BY FAR. Howard is 37 years old. Miller is their best option comming off the bench, I do think he compliments the team well. Heat still have a long way to go.

Justintyme
07-14-2010, 11:33 AM

0 = even
1 = slight edge
2 = big advantage

Bench

Totals
Bulls - 6
Heat - 5

This is humorous, what kind of flawed point system is this? This doesn't give the big three in Miami quite the advantage in points that they should have...complete bias at work here. Here's one that might make a bit more sense.

0=even
1=slight advantage
2=big advantage
3=no contest
4=just silly

Now lets try this again shall we.

PG D. Rose vs M. Chalmers - Rose +3
SG Reddick for fun vs D. Wade - Wade +3
SF L. Deng vs L. James - Jame +4

Bench
Heat +1(Assuming that Reddick lands in Chicago moving Korver to the bench) The roles that Haslem and Miller will play for the Heat will be huge. More players will sign with the Heat. Players in every sport take less money to go to a contender. Just look at the Pats for the last decade.

More Accurate Totals
Bulls - 5
Heat - 9

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 11:35 AM
The Bulls have more players I'll give you that but they do not have the better team. No one on the Bulls can defend Lebron(check his playoff stats against the bulls this past season) and the only man the Bulls had that could defend Wade was just traded to the Wizards.

Do you believe that Korver or Reddick will be able to contain Wade? I personally don't think so.

Boozer vs Heat this past season(2 games) / Minutes(35)Points(19.5)Rebs(9.5)Assists(2)Blks(1) and that's going up against Michael Beasley and Udonis.

Minutes(37) Points(14.7)Rebs(5)Assists(4) and that's against Mario Chalmers and Carlos Arroyo.

Now I'm not trying to bash the Bulls because I believe they have a real solid squad that is definitely a top 4 team but they are not better than the Heat.

Riddick is a very good defender and would be fine in a matchup against Wade.

You need to realize the days of Bosh, Wade and LBJ dominating are over. There not going to each put up 20 points a night it just isn't going to happen. Nobody will be able to know how this team will mesh or play until we see them on the court. So to say Reddick can't stop Wade when he has 2 other all stars on his team is wrong becuase Wade will need to learn to feed LBJ if he has a better match up - and against the Bulls he would.

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Matt Barnes opted out of his contract to get more money, something the Heat do not have.

So the Heat bench isss

PG???
SG Mike Miller
SF ??
PF Udonis Haslem/Howard
C BIG Z

And who do you have on your bench???

C - ???
PF - Gibson
SF - ???
SG - ???
PG - ???

I see a lot more question marks there. And FYI Reddick will not put you over the top. Who knows if you will even get him, if he's so great the Magic will probably resign him. Anyone that says the Bulls are better than the Heat are in denial. It doesn't matter if you have a little more well rounded team so far (The Heat aren't even done adding pieces), there has never been a trio of players like Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. The Heat need a PG and either a SG/SF and their bench will be done.

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 11:40 AM

0 = even
1 = slight edge
2 = big advantage

Bench

Totals
Bulls - 6
Heat - 5

This is funny :facepalm:

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
This is humorous, what kind of flawed point system is this? This doesn't give the big three in Miami quite the advantage in points that they should have...complete bias at work here. Here's one that might make a bit more sense.

0=even
1=slight advantage
2=big advantage
3=no contest
4=just silly

Now lets try this again shall we.

PG D. Rose vs M. Chalmers - Rose +3
SG Reddick for fun vs D. Wade - Wade +3
SF L. Deng vs L. James - Jame +4

Bench
Heat +1(Assuming that Reddick lands in Chicago moving Korver to the bench) The roles that Haslem and Miller will play for the Heat will be huge. More players will sign with the Heat. Players in every sport take less money to go to a contender. Just look at the Pats for the last decade.

More Accurate Totals
Bulls - 5
Heat - 9

How is that Bias? I am a Celtics fan not a Bulls or Heat fan. And you can't expect LBJ, Wade and Bosh to be the same players they were with there old teams. They arn't going to put up 20-30 points a night anymore.

By the way Big Z is the worst starting C in the league so by your standards he should be +3. More FA's will sign with the Bulls becuase they have a good team and more money than the Heat. Bulls bench in your system +2.

Bulls +8
Heat +8

Karnivore
07-14-2010, 11:41 AM
As a pure shooter, most certainly. Miller is a little more well rounded Imo, and a better fit for our team.

Korvers defense is very underrated. His help defense is really amazing. And his socks give him the vertical to never have a shot blocked :)

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 11:43 AM
And who do you have on your bench???

C - ???
PF - Gibson
SF - ???
SG - ???
PG - ???

I see a lot more question marks there. And FYI Reddick will not put you over the top. Who knows if you will even get him, if he's so great the Magic will probably resign him. Anyone that says the Bulls are better than the Heat are in denial. It doesn't matter if you have a little more well rounded team so far (The Heat aren't even done adding pieces), there has never been a trio of players like Wade, Lebron, and Bosh. The Heat need a PG and either a SG/SF and their bench will be done.

First off i'm not a Bulls fan. You Heat fans are rediculous. And right now Big Z is your starting C HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - By far the worst in the league.

Gibson
Korver

Brad Miller will most likely go back as well. - MUCh better then what the Heat currently have

uws
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
I love those +/- systems! what a joke hahahaha you cant do things like that, its not so black and white

the heat would kill the bulls. there is no team besides the lakers that can even compete, and that is coming from a very bitter unbias knick fan who actually hates all parties involved equally. If anything I should give reasons why the heat wont win, but in reality they are just too good and people have to deal with it. Lakers or Injury=the only way they dont win a championship every year

Hoopsadvocate
07-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Riddick is a very good defender and would be fine in a matchup against Wade.

You need to realize the days of Bosh, Wade and LBJ dominating are over. There not going to each put up 20 points a night it just isn't going to happen. Nobody will be able to know how this team will mesh or play until we see them on the court. So to say Reddick can't stop Wade when he has 2 other all stars on his team is wrong becuase Wade will need to learn to feed LBJ if he has a better match up - and against the Bulls he would.

Reddick is a decent defender but can't stop wade. Stop lying to yourself if its not and iso play you have to prey about doubles teams for either lebron or wade either way someone is going to have an advantage and being such good passers and willing distributers your statement is stupid!

You guys gotta be tired of being wrong so far everyones 0/4 obout he heat by my count try will just continue to prove you wrong

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Korvers defense is very underrated. His help defense is really amazing. And his socks give him the vertical to never have a shot blocked :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Shammyguy3
07-14-2010, 11:50 AM

Those three games against Miami were
November 1st, 2009
February 6th, 2010
March 25th against Miami.

Derrick Rose Injury Update Sprained Wrist
Mar 11, 2010 ... Derrick Rose probably isn't the world's biggest fan of Dwight Howard. Earlier in the season, Rose collided with Howard and got injured.

And we also know he started off the year injured as well. Besides, taking 3 games as a sample size is so insignificant, especially since Wade may or may not have guarded him more/less than any other guard on the floor at the same time (which is why head-to-head match-up numbers as a comparison is crap at best unless it's over a significant amount of time/games/playoff head-to-head matchups).

Just look at Rose's whole year, with splits against other teams in other months against better team defenses (which Miami had a pretty darn good one from january to the end of the season this past year) and against better individual defenders (i.e. Rondo, Sefolosha, Ronnie Brewer, etc etc)

Sixerlover
07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Will people get off of this Bulls are the better "team" stuff. No they aren't.

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 11:58 AM
First off i'm not a Bulls fan. You Heat fans are rediculous. And right now Big Z is your starting C HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - By far the worst in the league.Gibson
Korver

Brad Miller will most likely go back as well. - MUCh better then what the Heat currently have

Big Z isnt our starting center buddy. Were going into an up tempo offense in which Z cant play due to age, hes better suited off the bench. Joel Anthony is starting at center for the Heat. Good at pick and roll, shot blocker rebounder, he has NO offense whats so ever and needs to improve on his box out technique.

as a starter last year we had a very good record with him. i think it was like 14-5. not a stud, but yea Zeke isnt starting for us.

Think cheap mans Ben Wallace (when he was good)

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
First off i'm not a Bulls fan. You Heat fans are rediculous. And right now Big Z is your starting C HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - By far the worst in the league.

Gibson
Korver

My bad for thinking you were a Bulls fan. All this Chicago is better than Miami talk makes more sense now though. You guys had the original big 3 and now it's just the old 3. You have been knocked down a peg in the East now, that's why you're so adamant about knocking the Heat's super team. If the Bulls have Korver on the bench, then don't they have a hole at SG? Big Z isn't going to start for the Heat. Joel Anthony is going to be the starter. He backed up O'neal last year and got almost 1.5 blocks in 16 minutes a game. If he plays 30 minutes a game, he will average 3-4 blocks a game guaranteed.

On another note, something that we can probably both agree on. What were people saying about your Celtics back when you first got your 3 stars together? If I remember right it was similar to what people are saying about Miami now about them not being able to have any supporting cast. Kendrick Perkins and Rondo were nothing before that season. They got some solid bench guys who were willing to play for less for a chance at the title. So of all people, Celtics fans should be able to see that building around 3 stars is possible and has good results. Plus Wade, Lebron, and Bosh and younger and better than KG, Pierce, and Allen were then.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Will people get off of this Bulls are the better "team" stuff. No they aren't.

if they are able to obtain Redick (likely since Orlando would basically be paying him double cuz of luxury tax), Josh Howard (possibly), and retain Big Brad Miller (likely), then they are definitely up there. I will not say they are better than the Heat until we see them play, but they are definitely right there with them.

Rose
Korver/Redick
Deng/J.Howard/james johnson
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Miller

1 backup PG away from probably being the deepest teams in the league (after LA and DAL), along with 2 and possibly 3 all-stars in the lineup.

Lakersho
07-14-2010, 12:03 PM
People are so mesmerized by offensive talent that they pretty much disregard what players bring to the table defensively. The Heat don't have great interior defenders, while the Bulls have a guy like Noah and a proven defensive coach in Thibodeau.
...bulls are gettin stacked , and yes " ALL THE EAST " should be worried...

I love those +/- systems! what a joke hahahaha you cant do things like that, its not so black and white

the heat would kill the bulls. there is no team besides the lakers that can even compete, and that is coming from a very bitter unbias knick fan who actually hates all parties involved equally. If anything I should give reasons why the heat wont win, but in reality they are just too good and people have to deal with it. Lakers or Injury=the only way they dont win a championship every year
...why dont we just give the ring to the heat ,they have 2 great players and 1 good kinda soft player , a 300 year old center ,and a pg who is 2 nd or 3rd string at best... i'm not bashin the heat, but damb can we wait until at least pre. season til you new heat fans , not all , there is some " REAL DIEHARD HEAT FANS " but these newbeez are really wearin the forums out ... i'll say this , until " ANYONE " beats the celtics not reg. season , but in playoffs , they are the team to beat , unlike all these others THEY EARNED IT ...
kinda sucks to have to wait , but thats when the real season starts...

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Big Z isnt our starting center buddy. Were going into an up tempo offense in which Z cant play due to age, hes better suited off the bench. Joel Anthony is starting at center for the Heat. Good at pick and roll, shot blocker rebounder, he has NO offense whats so ever and needs to improve on his box out technique.

as a starter last year we had a very good record with him. i think it was like 14-5. not a stud, but yea Zeke isnt starting for us.

Think cheap mans Ben Wallace (when he was good)

Oh, so much better. Thanks for clarifying.

CHItown_23
07-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Bench
Heat - 9

This is humerous! :facepalm:

The Heat bench is better than the Bulls bench? Really...
And Noah vs. Big Z only a +2? Big Z is a dinosaur and Noah would **** on him.

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 12:05 PM
if they are able to obtain Redick (likely since Orlando would basically be paying him double cuz of luxury tax), Josh Howard (possibly), and retain Big Brad Miller (likely), then they are definitely up there. I will not say they are better than the Heat until we see them play, but they are definitely right there with them.

Rose
Korver/Redick
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Miller

1 backup PG away from probably being the deepest teams in the league (after LA and DAL), along with 2 and possibly 3 all-stars in the lineup.

Toatally agree, they will have a very talented roster. We'll have to wait and see them play when the season starts.

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 12:05 PM

Rose
Korver/Redick
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Miller

Totally agree, they will have a very talented roster. We'll have to wait and see them play when the season starts.

netsgiantsyanks
07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

why are people on here so damn ********?? what you said isnt the point of this damn thread

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
This is humerous! :facepalm:

The Heat bench is better than the Bulls bench? Really...
And Noah vs. Big Z only a +2? Big Z is a dinosaur and Noah would **** on him.

Why are Bulls fans so delusional, who do you actually have on your bench right now?

Tell me who is on your team as a role player???

not potential or hypothetical signings! actually on your roster!!!!

uws
07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
...bulls are gettin stacked , and yes " ALL THE EAST " should be worried...

...why dont we just give the ring to the heat ,they have 2 great players and 1 good kinda soft player , a 300 year old center ,and a pg who is 2 nd or 3rd string at best... i'm not bashin the heat, but damb can we wait until at least pre. season til you new heat fans , not all , there is some " REAL DIEHARD HEAT FANS " but these newbeez are really wearin the forums out ... i'll say this , until " ANYONE " beats the celtics not reg. season , but in playoffs , they are the team to beat , unlike all these others THEY EARNED IT ...
kinda sucks to have to wait , but thats when the real season starts...

how am I a "new heat fan" I explicitly said I hate the heat. I hate them with all my heart. I am a knicks fan: I hate the bulls, the heat, the lakers, the celtics. I hate all the teams that are good, SO THAT is why I am making a realistic critique of what is going to happen this season. If you had read anything I said you would have noticed that.

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 12:15 PM
i watch basketball... When noah become this good? 10pts 11rebs. thats gonna destroy somebody?

Shammyguy3
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Why are Bulls fans so delusional, who do you actually have on your bench right now?

Tell me who is on your team as a role player???

not potential or hypothetical signings! actually on your roster!!!!

as of July 14th, 11:15am:

Gibson
Korver
Johnson

let's come back to this around August, where a full debate can be made.

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh, so much better. Thanks for clarifying.

Don't act like Noah has always been as good as he was last year. He wasn't anything but a decent bench player til this year when he got a chance to start regularly. This season will be Anthony's first real shot at playing decent minutes like last year was for Noah. Noah is praised for his defense but only averaged 1.6 blocks in 30 min. Anthony averaged 1.4 blocks in only 16 minutes. He will average 3-4 blocks a game if he plays that much.

jaded01
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

Don't act like Noah has always been as good as he was last year. He wasn't anything but a decent bench player til this year when he got a chance to start regularly. This season will be Anthony's first real shot at playing decent minutes like last year was for Noah. Noah is praised for his defense but only averaged 1.6 blocks in 30 min. Anthony averaged 1.4 blocks in only 16 minutes. He will average 3-4 blocks a game if he plays that much.

can heat fans ever stop trolling? go back to your own circle jerk about your big 3 and fantasize about the title they wont be winning this year. thanks.

Shammyguy3
07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
i watch basketball... When noah become this good? 10pts 11rebs. thats gonna destroy somebody?

If by somebody, you mean Ilgauskas, than absolutely.

netsgiantsyanks
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
can heat fans ever stop trolling? go back to your own circle jerk about your big 3 and fantasize about the title they wont be winning this year. thanks.

:clap::clap:

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
More power to you, if you think the 15mins a game big z will play will allow 10pts a game noah to destroy him.

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Lol! Man Bulls fans are funny. I don't know about the rest of the Heat fans on here. I didn't go to the bulls forum looking to argue. This post was on the top 10 forums over all on the PSD homepage. I saw it and decided to take a look. Settle the **** down. I'm glad you took your mouth off Rose's **** long enough to jump on and respond though. Thanks for the contribution.

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Gibson
Korver
Johnson

So far our bench is better buddy sorry.

Miller
Haslem
big Z

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Heat fans are rediculouse, stop comparing the 2008 Celtics to this Heat team, its not the same.

The Celtics had Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett come over after there careers peaked. They wanted to win, they were willing to sacrifice. And when I say sacrifice I'm not talking about money I'm talking about the way they played the game. Something Wade, LBJ and Bosh won't do (not saying they can't).

All these "veterans" that came over to win a championship were either already here or we used our MLE (Posey, House) to bring them in. Which means we paid them more then the vet min. to come over, which is what the Heat are planning on doing.

So don't tell me Heat fans that every FA is dying to play for the Heat and will take a 1 year 1mil. contract like what happened with the Celtics, becuase that is NOT what happened. The Celtics were smart. They had players in place, they brought in All Stars willing to do WHATEVER it takes to win and they spent whatever money they had left to bring in talent.

Remember the Celtics were already over the cap so they spent wayyy more then the $50mil. the Heat have to spend.

Oakmont_4
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
So far our bench is better buddy sorry.

Miller
Haslem
big Z

I'd say about even...Bulls have more money to spend though, Heat don't

x23cbru24x
07-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Looking at it that way is stupid because wade is a lot better than korver and same for lebron. but they only get +2. they are a lot better than korver and deng so they should get +5 or something.

bulls fans u think ur team is god...not close wheres your go to guy that can win a championship at the buzzer???? and dont say boozer or rose...not yet.. and defender is right james and wade will lay a nice **** on korver/reddcik and deng.

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 12:30 PM
This bench talk doesnt matter if your starters cant match up with the other team.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 12:31 PM

Did anything about my post have to do with Noah?

You try to bash him for not producing before last year. But guess what? He was only 24 last season. So nobody really expected much out of him as a 22 or 23 year old in the league. He showed drastic improvement. And with only being 24 and the personality and work ethic he has, you can strongly assume that he will be improving year after year until he is out of his prime.

Anthony's #'s per 36 MPG: 6ppg, 7 rpg, 3 bpg, 0.5 spg, 0.3 apg
Noah #'s per 36 MPG: 13ppg, 13rpg, 2 bpg, .6 spg, 2.5 apg

You pick who you would rather have.

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Gibson
Korver
Johnson

Thank you. At the very least your reasonable in saying come back around August.

I just dont like people talking smack when as of right now:

YOU GUYS DONT HAVE **** EITHER!!!!

BTW, isnt Korver your starter as of 7/14/10? if not who is?

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I'll take a traditional wellrounded team over a team with just stars. The Heat will be fun to watch...but I think they'll win alot of games in the regular season and lose in the postseason.

Haslem is a great on the ball defender, but he don't exactly scare guys to drive to the hole. Without interior D = NO TITLE no matter how flashy the team is.

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Bulls fans are just jelous because you failed to get legit players this offseason. YOU FAILED TO GET BETTER OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS. You gave up Kirk Hinrich,Ben Gordon and John Salmons for a chance to get Wade , LeBron or Bosh. Instead all 3 are in Miami and you are left with an undersized Boozer and Korver as replacment for all the players you gave up. Did you guys get better by that? yes. Did you get much better- to the level of a contender? certainly not. Maybe a top 4 team in the east. If Hawks get Shaq, I still view them as the better team.
Oh BTW- don't get me started with Noah- the most overrated unskilled player in the NBA.
I'll take Haslem over him any day. a Career 10 ppg 10 rpg and he did it last season coming OFF THE BENCH. But w/e if you guys think you can come close to a win against the Heat you are obviously in denial...

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Bulls fans are just jelous because you failed to get legit players this offseason. YOU FAILED TO GET BETTER OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS. You gave up Kirk Hinrich,Ben Gordon and John Salmons for a chance to get Wade , LeBron or Bosh. Instead all 3 are in Miami and you are left with an undersized Boozer and Korver as replacment for all the players you gave up. Did you guys get better by that? yes. Did you get much better- to the level of a contender? certainly not. Maybe a top 4 team in the east. If Hawks get Shaq, I still view them as the better team.
Oh BTW- don't get me started with Noah- the most overrated unskilled player in the NBA.
I'll take Haslem over him any day. a Career 10 ppg 10 rpg and he did it last season coming OFF THE BENCH. But w/e if you guys think you can come close to a win against the Heat you are obviously in denial...

Complete failure of a post.

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 12:38 PM

You try to bash him for not producing before last year. But guess what? He was only 24 last season. So nobody really expected much out of him as a 22 or 23 year old in the league. He showed drastic improvement. And with only being 24 and the personality and work ethic he has, you can strongly assume that he will be improving year after year until he is out of his prime.

Indeed.

Not even mentioning the extreme poor logic that averaging more blocks per minute automatically means Anthony is a better defender than Noah. What a pathetic argument.

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 12:41 PM

THIS :clap:

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM

I mentioned Noah because you mentioned Anthony, it was for comparison purposes. I was not bashing Noah, I was only saying that he only really got a consistent chance to contribute last year. Before that he was a bench player like Anthony has been. This will be Anthony's first shot at a starting role and more significant minutes. I never said Anthony was better than Noah either. No one knows how good he will be when he hasn't gotten a chance. The Heat having Noah is not an option so I'm going to have to be happy with Anthony, and I am. Anthony is only 27 also, so he definitely has a chance to improve over the next 4-5 years while he's still in his prime. All I'm saying is that people probably weren't as high on Noah going into last year because they hadn't seen what he can do. Let's just see how Anthony does, I have a feeling he will improve just like Noah did.

Heater4life
07-14-2010, 12:46 PM
we could have the Redeem team and bulls fans would still say their better. Most not all are unreasonable. im done. cant wait to whoop on y'all once the season starts. y'all gonna get it!

like D-Wade said: "I feel sorry for whoever has to guard us"

See you in November

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I mentioned Noah because you mentioned Anthony, it was for comparison purposes. I was not bashing Noah, I was only saying that he only really got a consistent chance to contribute last year. Before that he was a bench player like Anthony has been. This will be Anthony's first shot at a starting role and more significant minutes. I never said Anthony was better than Noah either. No one knows how good he will be when he hasn't gotten a chance. The Heat having Noah is not an option so I'm going to have to be happy with Anthony, and I am. Anthony is only 27 also, so he definitely has a chance to improve over the next 4-5 years while he's still in his prime. All I'm saying is that people probably weren't as high on Noah going into last year because they hadn't seen what he can do. Let's just see how Anthony does, I have a feeling he will improve just like Noah did.

Anthony will be 28 in a few weeks, and he has never averaged over 20 minutes per game for a season. At this point of his career, I highly doubt he will ever amount to anything other than a bench worthy player being forced to start due to the heat spending 90% of their salaries on 3 players.

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Indeed.

Not even mentioning the extreme poor logic that averaging more blocks per minute automatically means Anthony is a better defender than Noah. What a pathetic argument.

Where did I say that Anthony is a better defender than Noah? Nowhere. I said Noah is praised/known for his defense. Then I said that Anthony is also known for his defense and showed how his blocks compared to Noah. Never did I say Anthony is better. Learn to read. Noah is just well known because he's had a bigger role, now Anthony is getting a shot and people will see what he can do.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Where did I say that Anthony is a better defender than Noah? Nowhere. I said Noah is praised/known for his defense. Then I said that Anthony is also known for his defense and showed how his blocks compared to Noah. Never did I say Anthony is better. Learn to read. Noah is just well known because he's had a bigger role, now Anthony is getting a shot and people will see what he can do.

If you are going into a NBA season at the age of 28, and have never had a shot to show how good you are, it is for a reason.

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 12:49 PM
we could have the Redeem team and bulls fans would still say their better. Most not all are unreasonable. im done. cant wait to whoop on y'all once the season starts. y'all gonna get it!

like D-Wade said: "I feel sorry for whoever has to guard us"

See you in November

Greece once beat a Team USA despite having no NBA players on the roster. The better team always wins it regardless of the talent on paper.

If the Heat don't buy in a team concept and struggle with chemistry and defense, any team in the NBA can beat them.

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Anthony will be 28 in a few weeks, and he has never averaged over 20 minutes per game for a season. At this point of his career, I highly doubt he will ever amount to anything other than a bench worthy player being forced to start due to the heat spending 90% of their salaries on 3 players.

and you think that was a bad idea for those 3 players? lmao

RCarlson85
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM

So you say that Noah will improve but that there's no way Anthony can improve. That makes no sense. How can you say he won't improve when he played only 16 min last year and should get 30 this year? Who's to say that Noah hasn't maxed out and will just be a 10 and 10 guy for the rest of his career. No one knows.

Hugbees
07-14-2010, 12:57 PM

0 = even
1 = slight edge
2 = big advantage

Bench

Totals
Bulls - 6
Heat - 5

that is probably the most ridiculous attempt at a formula for comparing teams. might as well have monkeys throw bananas at pictures of the player's faces. it was a good laugh though

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
i think this is his 3rd yr in the NBA

Shammyguy3
07-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Thank you. At the very least your reasonable in saying come back around August.

:hi5:

I just dont like people talking smack when as of right now:

YOU GUYS DONT HAVE **** EITHER!!!!

BTW, isnt Korver your starter as of 7/14/10? if not who is?

:no: Gibson is a very good packup PF, and Korver/Johnson is a good offensive/defensive platoon, if you will.

And, i guess if i had to pick a starting SG, it would be Korver. But he'll be seeing more minutes at SF than the off-guard spot this year.

jaded01
07-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Lol! Man Bulls fans are funny. I don't know about the rest of the Heat fans on here. I didn't go to the bulls forum looking to argue. This post was on the top 10 forums over all on the PSD homepage. I saw it and decided to take a look. Settle the **** down. I'm glad you took your mouth off Rose's **** long enough to jump on and respond though. Thanks for the contribution.

considering i'm a mavs fan that makes perfect sense, dumb ****. all heat fans on this forum are ready to anoint the heat as the neo-bulls. they haven't played a game yet. before you can win 7 rings, you have to win 1. before you win 1, you have to win the east. the answer to every off season acquisition is not OMGLOLWEGOTLEBRON. teams can get better without adding major pieces. the lakers added steve blake to address their biggest problem: another point guard. he won't sell out an arena, but he does make them better. let them ****ing play basketball.

Lakersho
07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
how am I a "new heat fan" I explicitly said I hate the heat. I hate them with all my heart. I am a knicks fan: I hate the bulls, the heat, the lakers, the celtics. I hate all the teams that are good, SO THAT is why I am making a realistic critique of what is going to happen this season. If you had read anything I said you would have noticed that.

...dude chill,man it was a generalizaion of all the new heat posters ,it wasnt meaning you...

Pierzynski4Prez
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
and you think that was a bad idea for those 3 players? lmao

No, that had nothing to do with the point I was making. I was saying Joel Anthony is NOT a starter, but he is forced to be due to the restrictions the Heat now have.

So you say that Noah will improve but that there's no way Anthony can improve. That makes no sense. How can you say he won't improve when he played only 16 min last year and should get 30 this year? Who's to say that Noah hasn't maxed out and will just be a 10 and 10 guy for the rest of his career. No one knows.

Noah is 24, and has showed improvement each of his 3 years. Not to mention he was a high lottery pick.

Anthony will be 28 soon, was not ever projected to be an impact player. Yes, his numbers will go up due to his minutes going up.

Nobody knows, but from a quick glance, noah looks to have way more potential than Anthony at this point in their careers.

arkanian215
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
lol Outlaw a 20 pt scorer? I'll believe it when I see it.

LTS
07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
The hate for the Heat has blinded alot of you if they get the FA which seem to be lining up to sign with them thye will have a underpaid but highly talented bench orlando still in the picture as well as boston and the bulls but you are a fool to think Miami won't show up game time

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 01:08 PM
so what? there are some late bloomers in this league like Nash and Billups. they only became allstar caliber players at arounf 29-30 years of age.

jrodmesche
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

This

Jack Daniels
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
bulls fans u think ur team is god...not close wheres your go to guy that can win a championship at the buzzer???? and dont say boozer or rose...not yet.. and defender is right james and wade will lay a nice **** on korver/reddcik and deng.

Can somebody please translate this?:confused:

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
lol^^

jaded01
07-14-2010, 01:14 PM
so what? there are some late bloomers in this league like Nash and Billups. they only became allstar caliber players at arounf 29-30 years of age.

yup. joel anthony will be an all star! this guy had it first...

Jack Daniels
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Wow this was the first thread since July 8th I was actually excited to read. Could have been a great discussion on the best smaller pick-ups by NBA teams and who teams should think about signing as fillers/bench and what each brings to the table. And to my disappointment somehow it turned into a Heat vs bulls thread just like all the others.. :(

sunnydayin'zona
07-14-2010, 01:23 PM

0 = even
1 = slight edge
2 = big advantage

Bench

Totals
Bulls - 6
Heat - 5

your logic is ridiculous. if you make the numbers 0 +2 and +4 instead, its in favor of the heat. :facepalm: you cannot guard their big three. you cannot guard dwight. you're still not better than the defending eastern conference champs.

sunnydayin'zona
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
until the HEat finish filling out their roster with quality role players, the Bulls are a better team, they have everything they need, but I think they should go after Josh Howard, and if they get him then I would definately assume the Bulls could take the Heat down.

Remember it's not about the best player(s), it's about the best team. The Pistons destroyed the Lakers in the finals a few years back despite their being more talent in LA, but they were able to do it because Detroit was a complete team. Right now the Bulls are starting to look like a complete team.

NBA finals, Lakers vs. Bulls can be a real possibility.

the bulls arent even one of the more complete teams. sure, its possible, but so is a blazers vs. heat finals. what makes you think this chicago team is any better than the jazz last year?

sunnydayin'zona
07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
if bulls get JJ reddick i can see then being a number 2 seed. Orlando made no improvement and I'm 100% sure Boston won't stay health all season.

woww.

used to be all about overrating rose and noah from bulls fans, now we have to hear how great the bulls supposedly are for the next...forever.

infamous46
07-14-2010, 01:32 PM
wow so many people cry babies how come noone can give respect when respect is due to the Heat. Korver is a good shooter but he can't defend Wade or Lebron no team has 2 players that can guard them why sign a shooter when u need a defender

a person's name mentioned on the list but not with the team they signed with is Farmar i think he can make a difference for the Nets

lavilevi23
07-14-2010, 01:33 PM
yup. joel anthony will be an all star! this guy had it first...

where in my post did I ever say Joel is gonna be an allstar???! learn how to read before making statements like these.

kobebabe
07-14-2010, 01:33 PM
The heat are building a bench. They have miller, Haslem, Anthony (soon), and Juwan Howard. Who do the bulls have? Korver?

But do you realize how aged that bench will be? And do you realize the bulls have more money and more folks to sign?

You might be joining bron in the crying parade when all is said and done and your squad has lost miserably to the bulls!

hugepatsfan
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
I can see CHI as a potential 2 seed. I see them at 3, w/ MIA and ORL ahead of them. BOS will do it SA-style and get the 4 seed. But CHI coming in 2nd (or 4th or even 5th if MIL plays great) isn't out of the question. Nothing's rock solid right now.

JonnyBrav000
07-14-2010, 02:15 PM

So the Heat bench isss

PG???
SG Mike Miller
SF ??
PF Udonis Haslem
C Juwan Howard??

Good post, and I think Raja Bell is going to sign with LA, he would be a perfect fit for that team, plus he would steal minutes from Artest, who I like, but often his offensive game is trash, and Bell is very efficient and also a really good defender, if the Lakers make this move than I think there is no way the Heat can beat a healthy Laker team if they so happen to meet LA in the finals. The lakers would just be too deep, too long, too good.

Kobe - 6
Lebron - 0

El Duderino
07-14-2010, 02:16 PM
No point putting up an NBA thread for the next 6 years. Will be trolled by Heat homers who come out of the woodwork when their team is relevant again. Having LBJ, Wade and Bosh may make your team better but it still won't keep most of these bandwagoners from being douche bags.

DodgerBulls
07-14-2010, 02:16 PM

Then tell it to your fellow Heat fan. It was great in the beginning with the OP telling that the Bulls made great moves having depth.. then a Heat fan came along having these comparison as his/her opinion..

Miami > Bulls
Miller >>> Korver
/thread

Draco
07-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Misleading thread title.. Rosen didn't write that.

SANDBURG23
07-14-2010, 02:28 PM
that is probably the most ridiculous attempt at a formula for comparing teams. might as well have monkeys throw bananas at pictures of the player's faces. it was a good laugh though

dON'T KNOCK mONKEY'S TROWING BANANA'S. DID YOU SEE HOW GOOD THE SEA CREATURE DID AT PICKING THE WORLD CUP, NOT 1 GAME WRONG.

SANDBURG23
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
wow so many people cry babies how come noone can give respect when respect is due to the Heat. Korver is a good shooter but he can't defend Wade or Lebron no team has 2 players that can guard them why sign a shooter when u need a defender

a person's name mentioned on the list but not with the team they signed with is Farmar i think he can make a difference for the Nets

Yep and most of the comments stupid and uneducated. I've read Rose is overrated, I heard Noah sux's, I've heard Korver(his not the starter) is going to guard LeBron. There was a guy that said Heat bench was better than Bulls then went on to give a reason and didn't catch himself, the same guy had korver guading LeBron had him as the only Bulls bench player. There is Gibson who rebounds and defends better than any PF or C Heat have. Also heard Boozer sux'd his a career 20-10 and has been in playoff's every year of career.

The Heat cletics comparsions are not so good, Boston had Rondo,Perkins nice role players a bench and where lucky to be able to add to very good vet that fit in perfect in the same offseason.

I've heard the big 3 can't win, not really true. They very baddly need some more rebounding you will be in the bottom third in this category, Haslem will be your starting center by end of season. You did sign J.Howard, thats a huge reach. It will probally take a year before the Heat get the right Center and bench peices in place. They are down alot of draft picks and no cap room, it will take more than a little work to do it with only min vet players. Bosh is an outside playing PF(& never been in a tough playoff series) the off glass will suffer even more same with Big-Z. Bad shooting nights for you guys will be a big problem. But you do have Wade & LeBron so the team is going to be very good. There's some legitment things saying you won't when a title this year but there is saying things you can and may click and you may win title also. If you win the title be happy but don't be suprised if you lose in 2nd rd also. The East does have 4 real good teams and don't sleep on Bucks, they good.

With that said suprised more Heat fans must don't want to talk about the thread title. This is how your team is being rounded out. Start being more respectful people, these are both very good teams. The Bulls could very well be that team that knocks you out in 2nd rd, and you Bulls fans might watch them win a title.

jaded01
07-14-2010, 03:45 PM
where in my post did I ever say Joel is gonna be an allstar???! learn how to read before making statements like these.

that is the implication you make when you are talking about a 28 year old joel anthony and then bring up the fact that nash and billups "blossomed" at around that age. billups was a second overall pick who failed to live up to his potential for a long time.... but he did have a lot of potential. that, in fact, is the key difference here. try not to overrate things when it behooves you, and you might make a better overall point.

maybe.

Chronz
07-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Bron and Wade should help cover for some of that, Bosh has potential and Big Z has played under great defensive systems built around Brons strengths.

PS Yes championship caliber role players are more important signings than limited stars.