PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs - (3) Jazz vs. (6) Nuggets

Westbrook36
07-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Once or a twice year, PSD holds an NBA ReDraft. In this game played by PSD users, all the players in the NBA go into a draft pool. A lottery is held to determine the order and in 12 rounds of drafting and trading the GMs try to create the best team possible.

This second round match-up features the 3rd seeded Utah Jazz versus the 6th seeded Denver Nuggets. The Jazz have homecourt advantage. Their respective rosters and write-ups are listed below:

Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Jazz:

C- Marcus Camby / Anderson Varajao / Francisco Elson
PF- Dirk Nowitzki / Anderson Varajao / Juwon Howard
SF- CJ Miles / Morris Peterson
SG- Thabo Sefalosha / Morris Peterson / Eddie House
PG- Steve Nash / Eric Maynor / Sundiata Gaines

Jazz Write-Up:

Backcourt- I think its pretty clear we have the edge here. Josh Howard who blew out his ACL wont be the same anyway, which is shown in real life with nobody even offering him a contract yet. Whatever he was is not what he is going to be next season regardless. Derek Fisher has the ability to hit big shots, but I doubt his team will be able to put him in that position. Steve Nash, fresh from a series v Fisher in which he averaged 18 points 12 assists will pretty much have his way, and run the team to the max of his ability. His weakness of defense wont be shown much in this series. At the 2 guard Thabo is all defense and Howard all offense, I think they cancel each other out pretty much. Benchwise its about even. I think Maynor, House and Peterson will provide slightly more for us than Anthony Parker and Will Bynum will for them however.

Small Forward- No point even arguing this one, Melo has it tied up by about 15 points a night. We saw this match up first round, CJ Miles v Carmelo. Melo pretty much scored the points he wanted, but he isnt enough of a team leader to get his team past the first round. In that series he had Billups to fall back on, and still failed. This time he doesnt have anyone. He will be isolated, his points wont hurt us as much as they would if he had a sidekick. CJ still managed to score 14ppg in that series too since Melo isnt the greatest of defenders. Voters, dont underestimate CJ Miles, the dude averaged 15ppg in the playoffs against 2 tough teams, the dude can play. Off the bench its Nocioni, who Kings fans basically chased out of town. The dude is garbage. Not saying Mo pete is any better, but the bench battle is pretty moot here.

Bigs- Dirk Nowitzki v a poor mans Dirk in Troy Murphy as many of you will agree. I doubt many of you will question that Dirk will dominate this match up. You know, Dirk re-united with Nash is something you'd want to watch, and you know it wont be something that will get knocked out first round. Off the bench its Yi Jianlian, who is pretty much more of the same. They cant hurt us down low, Dirk will not be tested much with any inside offense. Off the bench we'll mainly have Anderson Varajao in a 3 big rotation. He has energy, hustle and solid defense. Wont really have to use it in this series, but he's an asset off the bench. We also have the hustle of Juwon Howard, who had a pretty decent year filling in for the Blazers.

At center the battle is pretty void. Camby's defense v Meka's defense. Both can grab 10 points a game and 10 boards. They bring Damp off the bench, we bring Varajao, again, pretty void match up. I will say that Camby is vital to us, he is a rebounding machine to go against Troy Murphy, and a perfect player to have next to Dirk.

overall, bar Melo, I think we shouldnt have many issues progressing into the second round of the playoffs here, Nash+Dirk got this!

Nuggets:

C: Emeka Okafor - Erik Dampier
PF: Troy Murphy - Yi Jianlian
SF: Carmelo Anthony - Andres Nocioni - James Jones
SG: Josh Howard - Anthony Parker - Willie Green
PG: Derek Fisher - Will Bynum

Nuggets Write-Up:

Denver Nuggers

This should be a good, interesting and fun match up. We feel we put a great cast of players to help Melo and have the team succeed.

Derek Fisher vs Steve Nash: Nash is clearly the better player in this match up and a star. But for the Nuggets, Fisher does not need to be a star. For us Fisher is the leader and floor general. He will be there to take some pressure off Melo from the outside, play solid defense, and be our floor general with lot of playoff and championship experience. Fisher is not a star, but the exact kind of player i want running my team.

Josh Howard vs Thabo Sefalosha: Thabo is a very good defender but Howard has the scoring skills and ability to still have a impact in this series. Thabo brings nothing to the Jazz on the offensive end. Howard is a very nice compliment to Melo, he helps take the scoring pressure off of melo from the outside and with his ability to get to the rim.
Carmelo Anthony vs CJ Miles: Melo is our star and go to player. He is the player that is going to Star, score, and lead us to victory. I dont see how Miles or Thabo is going to be able to stop Melo on the offensive side of the ball

Troy Murphy vs Dirk Nowitzki: Again, Dirk is the soupier player in this match up. Dirk is a superstar and is going to get his points. Murphy lacks defensive toughness on the block but is a very good rebounder and brings the ability to stretch the floor on offense. He has the ability to shot the 3 and put the ball in the floor.

Emeka Okafor vs Marcus Camby: This is an even match up for both teams. Both centers are defensive oriented and great rebounders. And both can be asked to score some when needed to.
Bench: I feel the Nuggets have a strong advantage here. The Jazz bench has 2 players covering 4 positions. My bench frontcourt brings a bit of scoring with Yi, and more toughness and defense with Dampier. My backcourt has a combo of defense and offense with Will Bynum and Anthony Parker. James Jones brings a three point threat from the bench also. We have a strong bench that compliments our starting lineup very well.
Overall, this is a very even match up that will be a lot of fun. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses that make this a great match up.

Baller1
07-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Jazz sweep. They take it in 5 at the least.

roshan3ai
07-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Nash and Dirk is just too much to handle here.

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 09:34 PM
First off Josh Howard is actually a pretty good defender. I dont know how he is or will be next season as he has had some ugly injuries but since Injuries dont count I would say he stil scores 16-18 PPG in the series. The problem with Josh and what always bugged me about him in Dallas is he takes alot of bad shots.

Lol now thats out of my sytem I think Nash + Dirk is just a sick duo. Both will be super hungry. Both know its one of there last opportunities, both are former MVP's. I dont like any other players to score much off the Jazz, but they have Steve Nash who is going to give everybody some easy looks. I think you guys are right about the C matchup its pretty much even. and PG, PF go to Jazz by a large Margin. Where as SG, SF go to Nuggets by a big Margin but not as big. Thabo is a good defender and I think he would be on Melo most the time. I give the bench nod to the Nuggets but I just think 2 proven, playoff experienced super stars like Dirk, and Nash will trump Melo.

Jazz will go 1-1 at home then go 1-1 in DEN and then finish strong 2-0. Jazz in 6.

jimbobjarree
07-13-2010, 10:26 PM
apologies to the nuggets for my write up, its a bit brutal lol. I musta been pissed off or soemthing the day I wrote it.

all true NBA fans on here...you know you wanna see Nash&Dirk tear it up again!

zambo4president
07-13-2010, 11:16 PM
I really don't like the way the Jazz are put together. I expected more out of you jimbob. Nuggets take this one.

td0tsfinest
07-13-2010, 11:22 PM
I voted for the Jazz, thought it would cheer up Jimbob.

jimbobjarree
07-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I really don't like the way the Jazz are put together. I expected more out of you jimbob. Nuggets take this one.

like alot of guys, I kinda got Nash and Dirk then got bored and stopped putting effort in. I thought my efforts could get me deep in the playoffs anyway.

mock offseasons are more my thing

I voted for the Jazz, thought it would cheer up Jimbob.

:)

FaM0us Skins
07-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Jazz will win 4-2

MacFitz92
07-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Nash and Dirk...

Jazz sweep.

ldc62
07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Very tough. I went Jazz even though I love the Nuggets front court.

What?
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Jazz in 6

Dirk and Nash is just to much

RocketsRule
07-14-2010, 01:38 AM
Jazz in 6.

Not a fan of there wing combo, but the reunion of Nash and Dirk along with Camby to anchor the middle is just too good to pass up.

JermanJaysFan
07-14-2010, 02:45 AM
I take the Jazz here, but I think this is as far as they go. Nash and Dirk is a nice duo, but absolutely no wing scoring or bench depth will hurt them in the next rounds. The Nuggets just have far too weird of a line up to win a playoff series.

Raidaz4Life
07-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Nash and Dirk

Tblaze
07-14-2010, 09:24 AM
apologies to the nuggets for my write up, its a bit brutal lol. I musta been pissed off or soemthing the day I wrote it.

all true NBA fans on here...you know you wanna see Nash&Dirk tear it up again!

you are brutal jimmybob I hate you now! the love is gone :(

Sportfan
07-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Jazz if i am banished from the LFTA clb :p