PDA

View Full Version : Superteams.....

soonabooma
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Okay, Miami just formed a so-called superteam, there's a lot of talk that maybe Melo and CP3 could end up in New York. So I'm thinking, if guys are just gonna start moving around, then doesn't OKC owe it to the NBA to do everything in their power to get Dwight Howard to team with Durant/Westbrook? I mean, sure there are more attractive markets out there for a guy like Dwight, but is there gonna be another young player of the highest caliber as good as KD to go and play with, and also a PG that appears to have all the makings of an elite PG in his own right. Durant/Westbrook/Howard......AKA, Durantula/Hustle/Superman.

Put that trio together and it's over. :box:

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
no way howard is moved to a place like OKC without durant or westbrook also being moved. the only way this big 3 happened is because of FA and having the necessary cap space to do it no team would willingly trade their superstar away hence why the knicks are waiting on FA to add their own big 3.

FarOutIos
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
I was saying the exact same thing a few days ago. Howard would be a perfect teammate for Durant, but there is NO WAY he gets traded. You'd have to wait a couple of years to see if he goes via free agency.

soonabooma
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
no way howard is moved to a place like OKC without durant or westbrook also being moved. the only way this big 3 happened is because of FA and having the necessary cap space to do it no team would willingly trade their superstar away hence why the knicks are waiting on FA to add their own big 3.

Who said anything about a trade? Dwight can opt out after the 2011-12 season. I know it's all a big pipe dream anyway. Our best bet is to continue building through the draft and maybe hope that we end up being like a new San Antonio (not too shabby), but it's still fun to think about.

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
I thought the same thing but more like Dirk, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard. . . :drool:

majestic
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
dwight to the bulls

Jumba
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
I thought the same thing but more like Dirk, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard. . . :drool:

In Utah :)

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
In Utah :)

haha nah man. But if Dirk did go to Utah I would add Utah as my 2nd favorite team.

Baller1
07-13-2010, 06:07 PM
We can only dream.

With that said, that would be the best trio by far. And I don't really think there would be an argument for any other.

Then again, it's not gonna happen.

THE MTL
07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
There will be more superteams to come. New York will likely get one. I can see Chicago getting another star to create one. OKC will be its own superteam pretty soon

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 06:30 PM
dwight is stuck

soonabooma
07-13-2010, 06:34 PM
There will be more superteams to come. New York will likely get one. I can see Chicago getting another star to create one. OKC will be its own superteam pretty soon

I agree. It kinda sucks for us becuz OKC isn't as attractive of a market as some of the others, so it's hard to convince a guy to come join us, but I do feel like we're building a team that will be good enough to compete with anybody regardless of how many All-Stars they have. That's pretty much the way it was with San Antonio, and even Utah when they had some really good years with Malone/Stockton. We're just gonna continue building through the draft, and we'll be in good shape. We're going for stability, and Presti has done a heck of a job so far. We'll be one of the best teams in the league for many years to come.

Klivlend
07-13-2010, 06:41 PM
^^^And I'm still bitter about it. I miss the Sonics. I have to drive to Portland to see an NBA game now, sucks