PDA

View Full Version : Its Official: Big Z Is Going To Miami

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-zydrunas-ilgauskas-miami-heat-071310,0,7567769.story

This has to be a double blow to Cleveland fans. My heart goes out to you. The two guys who have defined your franchise over the last ten years skip town. I remember when he got traded mid-season, he said he was disapointed because he never wanted to wear any jersey but a Cleveland jersey. I understand his leaving, but still, its gotta be a bummer to Cleveland fans. I thought he would retire in the wine gold and red.

Chacarron
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Don't blame him. Trying to win, plain and simple.

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Solid signing.

He'll spread the floor and help take up space, but Miami still needs that big body down low.

Joel Anthony is a stud defender, but he's only 6'9. Miami needs some more size.

Melo15
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I wish all the best to Z. He's a class act and has been great for the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise and the Cavaliers community during his time here. He doesn't owe the Cavs anything, after they traded him last year and he came back to try and win a championship with them he proved his loyalty. He really deserves a championship, hopefully he can get one before all is said and done.

arkanian215
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Solid size at the center position. They'll need to watch his minutes though. They'll need a couple more big bodies.

Mplsman
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Thats a good start at center

JordansBulls
07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-zydrunas-ilgauskas-miami-heat-071310,0,7567769.story

This has to be a double blow to Cleveland fans. My heart goes out to you. The two guys who have defined your franchise over the last ten years skip town. I remember when he got traded mid-season, he said he was disapointed because he never wanted to wear any jersey but a Cleveland jersey. I understand his leaving, but still, its gotta be a bummer to Cleveland fans. I thought he would retire in the wine gold and red.

Cavs traded him this season. Big Z can do whatever the hell he wants to Cleveland now.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 04:23 PM
good news he CANT deffend Pau nor Bynm peovideing they dont gey killed by howard begofre

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
LMAO so everyone is just so cool with this but super hate lebron still? i dont get today's sports fan.... they expect nothing but perfection, but when a player goes finding it, they get ridiculed.... so happy z decided to leave that non-playoff team for the heat

harm0n1x
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
big Z is past his prime and he deserves a ring.. at least he called the cavs to tell them he was leaving. i expect a very genuine statement from the big guy. i'm a cavs fan that doesn't disagree with his decision, this is how lebron should have done it.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
With this our big rotation is complete:

Bosh/Haslem/Joel/Juwan Howard/ and now Big Z

just the pg position left and were set :D

Gideon
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Just curious how the Heat can sign all these guys? After the signing of the big 3 I thought they could only sign players to min salary contracts. Instead they sign Big Z, Mike Miller, and Udonis Haslem. How can they do this without going over the cap?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
big Z is past his prime and he deserves a ring.. at least he called the cavs to tell them he was leaving. i expect a very genuine statement from the big guy. i'm a cavs fan that doesn't disagree with his decision, this is how lebron should have done it.

to expect lebron james and z to act the same is just plain ********...

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Just curious how the Heat can sign all these guys? After the signing of the big 3 I thought they could only sign players to min salary contracts. Instead they sign Big Z, Mike Miller, and Udonis Haslem. How can they do this without going over the cap?

The big three took paycuts leaving about 8 mil to sign other players. They then used that money to split between mike miller and udonis haslem. Big Z, Juwan Howard both signed for the minimum. And we had a qualifying offer for joel anthony (whos bird rights we still have).

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Another coat tail rider.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM

its gotta be gettin close to no more space whatsoever... there's the cap, then the hard cap, then you can go over a little and pay the tax.. lol this is kinda gettin crazy, cant wait to see their salary cap figures

camador22
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM

Big Z was a minimum contract, Miller was an even swap for Beasley and the trio took a pay cut for Haslem.

h2r09
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Another coat tail rider.

and yet you continue to type about it and post about it in every thread. how jealous could you possibly be dude?

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
good news he CANT deffend Pau nor Bynm peovideing they dont gey killed by howard begofre

I've seen many negative posts regarding the Heat from you..

Your just a hater. I know Miami doesn't have that big body down low yet to defend Howard, but who's going to defend LeBron or Wade? I still pick Orlando as the 1st seed and a trip to the finals, but Miami has a great chance against Orlando.

They have no perimeter defender that can guard LeBron or Wade, yet alone guard both of them.

Dwight Howard can easily get in foul trouble, paving the way to an easy win.

I'm an unbaised fan, why don't you be the same?

Barracuda
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
All ppl wants wish Good Luck for a good guy.

Good luck Z! I hope you'll get the ring next year!. And yes... I'm not Heat hater:P I like Miami!

h2r09
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
its gotta be gettin close to no more space whatsoever... there's the cap, then the hard cap, then you can go over a little and pay the tax.. lol this is kinda gettin crazy, cant wait to see their salary cap figures

the big 3, chalmers, miller and haslem takes up all the cap but we can sign the rest of our roster wiht minimum deals like the one Z got.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
^ because hes insecure and scared for his team so they try to find any little hole and blow it up. its okay cause jealousy is the most sincere form of flattery.

camador22
07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Miami has done such a great job filling in the spots. Everyone truly underestimated how good Riley really is. Instead of the D leaguers everyone thought Miami was going to get, they end up getting great role players. Big Z provides the height for teams like LA and Orlando. Haslem, Big Z, Miller and Howard is a very respectable bench.

darwin31
07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Now if they can just convince Craig Ehlo to come out of retirement.......

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 04:40 PM

The big 3 took paycuts that gave Miami 8.3 mil in cap space, which was spilt between Haslem and Miller. Big Z will sign for the minimum.

After Joel Anthony, everyone else has to be signed for the minimum.

LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Miller
Haslem
Chalmers
Big Z
Anthony

That's 8 players already, and a rotation is usually 8-9 players anyways.

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Now if they can just convince Craig Ehlo to come out of retirement.......

How funny..

Tony_Starks
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
A back up pg and sg and its a wrap for them. Im thinking probably JWill and Raja Bell if he doesn't sign with the Lakers.

Does anyone know if Shaq and the Heat have any mutual interest? I've heard gossip here and there but nothing substantial.....

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I've seen many negative posts regarding the Heat from you..

Your just a hater. I know Miami doesn't have that big body down low yet to defend Howard, but who's going to defend LeBron or Wade? I still pick Orlando as the 1st seed and a trip to the finals, but Miami has a great chance against Orlando.

They have no perimeter defender that can guard LeBron or Wade, yet alone guard both of them.

Dwight Howard can easily get in foul trouble, paving the way to an easy win.

I'm an unbaised fan, why don't you be the same?

magic are not done trading i think.

but any way artest takes on lebron in d, kobe takes on wade, pau takes on bosh and in the offense who covers byum.?

anyway i havce a little suspiccion bynum wont be a laker by february and either cp3 and Okafor or Melo and some other piece will.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
The big 3 took paycuts that gave Miami 8.3 mil in cap space, which was spilt between Haslem and Miller. Big Z will sign for the minimum.

After Joel Anthony, everyone else has to be signed for the minimum.

LeBron
Wade
Bosh
Miller
Haslem
Chalmers
Big Z
Anthony

That's 8 players already, and a rotation is usually 8-9 players anyways.

oh and the 3 draft picks... that sounds legit... DEXTER PITTMAN!!! GET READY

netsgiantsyanks
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
LMAO so everyone is just so cool with this but super hate lebron still? i dont get today's sports fan.... they expect nothing but perfection, but when a player goes finding it, they get ridiculed.... so happy z decided to leave that non-playoff team for the heat

did big z go on national television to bascially **** on the cavs?? i rest my case

nuggetsyankees
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
They'll probably resign Jamaal Magloire as well

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
A back up pg and sg and its a wrap for them. Im thinking probably JWill and Raja Bell if he doesn't sign with the Lakers.

Does anyone know if Shaq and the Heat have any mutual interest? I've heard gossip here and there but nothing substantial.....

Raja Bell has already showed interest in joining Miami, so I think that's a strong possiblity.

But no there is no talks about Shaq joining Miami. He did Miami dirty and I doubt they would even consider bringing him in. Yeah he'll be that big body that they still need, but Miami isn't going to let him off the hook and let him join something in the making.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM

I dont think we even need a sg at this point as young and versatile and as many minutes as lebron/ wade get in addition to mike miller we really dont need another sg one of our 2nd round picks (De'Sean Butler) will be a good enough 3rd string.

Most rotations are only 7-9 man deep.

Wade.LeBron,Bosh,Chalmers,Haslem,Miller,Big z, Joel, Juwan Howard (though id sub him for a more servicable pg in the main rotation)

HowBoutDemBulls
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I have always liked Big Z, would have loved to see him go anywhere else besides Miami. But with Z and Joel Anthony as your centers and Bosh as your power forward, it puts the Lakers in pretty good shape to win. I know all these bandwagon Heat fans coming out of the woodworks will consider it hating but it is the truth. Odom, Gasol, and Bynum will destroy your frontcourt. I also expect D Wade to have an injury plagued season, dude has a gimp knee and was lucky to play as many games as he did the last two seasons. Him, Z, Juwan Howard, and Mike Miller will all be seeing some time on the injured list. I don't see them getting the top seed but they will do some damage in the playoffs if their guys are healthy. They have a huge weakness in the frontcourt though and there is nobody out there to fill it. I could see Boston, Orlando, Chicago or even Milwaukee giving them hell them in the playoffs because of that fact. Again the Heat fans will probably say I am hating, but I am just being rational. Even before you signed Rupaul and LeCrab Heat fans seemed to enjoy trolling, baiting and talking smack more then any other fans on here. The difference then is there was only about 10 heat fans. Now I am seeing Heat fans from Texas, California, and a bunch of foreign countries I've never heard of. All the Cubans and Puerto Ricans are repping the Heat all of a sudden when they never cared before. I'm sure these "fans" couldn't even name 5 Heat players from last season. It is pretty disgusting that people can be so stupid and spineless to immediately jump on a bandwagon and pretend they have been fans of that team for years. Fans support their teams through thick and then, they don't jump from team to team just because they think that said team will win the championship. But it's ok, the Heat fans can brag and instigate all they want now. When their dream team fails they will have nothing to say. LeBron and Bosh's little plan to screw over every other team is only gonna awaken the beast inside every other player. Everybody is gonna step their game up and want to beat these clowns. Haslem, Z, Juwan, and Mike Miller are all players that I like, the other guys are scumbags. It saddens me to see Z go to the dark side, but Cleveland did screw him over last year. Even though Lebron was the one that wanted Jamison and probably wouldn't have cared if Z came back. He knows he needs Z now so he is playing him for a fool.

roshan3ai

what?

3RDASYSTEM
They will sign possibly AI/BELL to round out roster

AI/Chalmers
Wade/Bell
James/Miller/Rookie
Bosh/Haslem
Z or Anthony/Pittman

Nice unit

Tony_Starks
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Raja Bell has already showed interest in joining Miami, so I think that's a strong possiblity.

But no there is no talks about Shaq joining Miami. He did Miami dirty and I doubt they would even consider bringing him in. Yeah he'll be that big body that they still need, but Miami isn't going to let him off the hook and let him join something in the making.

Wow that sucks. I think with Shaq utilized properly they could really be looking at a run at the 70 win record. Its always a luxury to have someone you can just dump the ball to for a few minutes to keep the opposing bigs honest.

But yeah I see what you're saying though cuz he really burned some bridges on the way out. Taking those cheap shots was a bad move especially at someone like Riles who is widely regarded as one of the most respected and loyal execs in the biz.

Im sure his recent comments about how he doesn't know how in the hell they won that championship and that all they did was party didn't help matters either! lol

still1ballin
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I think a turtle can beat him in a race

mark1125
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM
A bit off topic, but I need to say it.

Amazing how soooo many Heat fans and Heat sigs have come out of the woodwork. Hard to tell the REAL Heat fans from the frontrunners. :eyebrow:

grega1976
07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
damn Miami got Big Z... League better watch out now! He might make 10mins a night for 15 games before his old sorry *** breaks down.

krest213
07-13-2010, 05:32 PM
haterz keep on hating
keep on doubting us
last yr we went for the Gatorade this yr
we going for the GOLD

8kobe24
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I have always liked Big Z, would have loved to see him go anywhere else besides Miami. But with Z and Joel Anthony as your centers and Bosh as your power forward, it puts the Lakers in pretty good shape to win. I know all these bandwagon Heat fans coming out of the woodworks will consider it hating but it is the truth. Odom, Gasol, and Bynum will destroy your frontcourt. I also expect D Wade to have an injury plagued season, dude has a gimp knee and was lucky to play as many games as he did the last two seasons. Him, Z, Juwan Howard, and Mike Miller will all be seeing some time on the injured list. I don't see them getting the top seed but they will do some damage in the playoffs if their guys are healthy. They have a huge weakness in the frontcourt though and there is nobody out there to fill it. I could see Boston, Orlando, Chicago or even Milwaukee giving them hell them in the playoffs because of that fact. Again the Heat fans will probably say I am hating, but I am just being rational. Even before you signed Rupaul and LeCrab Heat fans seemed to enjoy trolling, baiting and talking smack more then any other fans on here. The difference then is there was only about 10 heat fans. Now I am seeing Heat fans from Texas, California, and a bunch of foreign countries I've never heard of. All the Cubans and Puerto Ricans are repping the Heat all of a sudden when they never cared before. I'm sure these "fans" couldn't even name 5 Heat players from last season. It is pretty disgusting that people can be so stupid and spineless to immediately jump on a bandwagon and pretend they have been fans of that team for years. Fans support their teams through thick and then, they don't jump from team to team just because they think that said team will win the championship. But it's ok, the Heat fans can brag and instigate all they want now. When their dream team fails they will have nothing to say. LeBron and Bosh's little plan to screw over every other team is only gonna awaken the beast inside every other player. Everybody is gonna step their game up and want to beat these clowns. Haslem, Z, Juwan, and Mike Miller are all players that I like, the other guys are scumbags. It saddens me to see Z go to the dark side, but Cleveland did screw him over last year. Even though Lebron was the one that wanted Jamison and probably wouldn't have cared if Z came back. He knows he needs Z now so he is playing him for a fool.

Dan Gilbert, is that you?:D j/k.

grega1976
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
They will sign possibly AI/BELL to round out roster

AI/Chalmers
Wade/Bell
James/Miller/Rookie
Bosh/Haslem
Z or Anthony/Pittman

Nice unit:facepalm:
Seriously... it's the big three and has beens or never were... their 4th best player is their back up PF... Not saying they won't have a good team but it won't be because of the addition of Big Z, AI, or Bell

footballer2369
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
:facepalm:
Seriously... it's the big three and has beens or never were... their 4th best player is their back up PF... Not saying they won't have a good team but it won't be because of the addition of Big Z, AI, or Bell

mike miller?

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
A bit off topic, but I need to say it.

Amazing how soooo many Heat fans and Heat sigs have come out of the woodwork. Hard to tell the REAL Heat fans from the frontrunners. :eyebrow:

I've read almost this exact statement about 15x now and ill tell you the same look at the join date for each poster it makes it easier to distinguish long time HEAT fans from the bandwagoners.

handle
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
There's something pathetic about how "Big Z's" career has become controlled by what LeBron bleeping James does. I have a strong suspicion that Z would play for free if it was legal to do so, just to ride LeBron's ballsack as long as possible before the old bastard turns to dust right on the court. And no, I'm not jealous. He may be a "nice guy" but he's a washed up, complete non-factor. Not gonna strike fear in anybody's hearts, that's for sure. And don't give me this he wants a ring crap. We all know that's not the real reason he's in Miami now. Pathetic.

grega1976
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
mike miller?

what about him? good shooter, never lived up to the hype, had 2 good years out of 10, and has missed 36% of the games he could have played in due to injury... so basically you can guess he'll average 6-8ppg and play in about 50-55 games this year... again, unless the heat pull something crazy off they won't be good because of their "supporting cast"... Most of those guys are gonna be players that wouldn't be in the rotation on most of the good teams in the Association.

thekmp211
07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
wheres dan gilbert ******** his pants over this one?

thekmp211
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM
There's something pathetic about how "Big Z's" career has become controlled by what LeBron bleeping James does. I have a strong suspicion that Z would play for free if it was legal to do so, just to ride LeBron's ballsack as long as possible before the old bastard turns to dust right on the court. And no, I'm not jealous. He may be a "nice guy" but he's a washed up, complete non-factor. Not gonna strike fear in anybody's hearts, that's for sure. And don't give me this he wants a ring crap. We all know that's not the real reason he's in Miami now. Pathetic.

lol, what the **** are you talking about?

z was always on the cavs, and he just now left. what is the career controlled thing? get over it man, sorry he didnt come to wherever youre from

edit: i see youre from seattle. i still have no idea what youre talking about.

ATX
07-13-2010, 06:55 PM

:facepalm:

Ya, that's being real rational...Not emotional at all.

Oh and for the record I have been a Heat fan since I was a little kid, though living in Austin, and have been here supporting them since '07, so I don't need a noobie saying I'm a bandwagoner. Do you have something against people of Latin descent, because I don't see how that is relevant.

ATX
07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Dan Gilbert, is that you?:D j/k.

LMAO, nice. :clap:

borat
07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Who cares. He is old, slow and irrelevant. Simply a filler player with a recognizable name.

ATX
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
damn Miami got Big Z... League better watch out now! He might make 10mins a night for 15 games before his old sorry *** breaks down.

Thanks for your many "Valuable" contributions to this thread. It's clear your only coming from a position of emotional instability on this matter.

Verbal Christ
07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
nothing screams championships like zydrunas ilgauskas. they shoulda went after shaq.

cle12152433
07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Who cares. He is old, slow and irrelevant. Simply a filler player with a recognizable name.

Exactly....

Everyone is like "Oh the Cavs must be crushed..."

We dont care. He's 36 and came off the bench.

Good luck to Miami when Dwight wipes his *** with Z's face just like he did when Z was 34.

I like Z, and this isnt an act of betrayal. But we just don't care. Its not like the Cavs were pushing hard to keep him....

Damn. Hes gonna be starting. That wont be pretty.

LTS
07-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Good pick up for the heat

handle
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
lol, what the **** are you talking about?

z was always on the cavs, and he just now left. what is the career controlled thing? get over it man, sorry he didnt come to wherever youre from

edit: i see youre from seattle. i still have no idea what youre talking about.

You have no idea what I'm talking about because you need to learn how to read. I said it's pathethic what his career HAS become. I didn't say his entire career. Got traded from Cleveland during the season and comes running back to gobble LBJ's balls some more, while pretending like the reason was because he loved CLE. Now he's running to Miami.

And I live in Seattle, but I'm from L.A. - a Lakers fan... so don't be sorry he didn't come to the Lakers, because we didn't want him. He's garbage.

cle12152433
07-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Everyones making a big deal about this.

The cavs didnt lose crap, and the heat didnt gain crap.

If people think Z is the missing piece, good luck. Your out of ur mind

ATX
07-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Exactly....

Everyone is like "Oh the Cavs must be crushed..."

We dont care. He's 36 and came off the bench.

Good luck to Miami when Dwight wipes his *** with Z's face just like he did when Z was 34.

I like Z, and this isnt an act of betrayal. But we just don't care. Its not like the Cavs were pushing hard to keep him....

Damn. Hes gonna be starting. That wont be pretty.

Dwight wipes everyone's face with his ***. This was a good signing for Miami, considering we are now onto the minimum deals. It's not like we're breaking the bank to sign this guy. He has a good chemistry with LeBron, which is a plus as well.

Raoul Duke
07-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I feel terrible for Cleveland fans, but this is poetic justics for the Cavs front office.

Frezhnitz
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
lol Hes old, slow, can't defend. Great pick up.

LTBaByyy
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I think a turtle can beat him in a race

hahahahaha ehhh kinda close

AddiX
07-13-2010, 08:10 PM
He can maybe give them 5 mins a game.

Bron needs his daddy close by though.

stawka
07-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Bla bla bla. Z is not loyal. Where is all that crap?! He's been with the Cavs his whole career and now decides to play elsewhere. I hate Z (sarcastic here just to shut the LeBron haters up)

GspLAL
07-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Dwight wipes everyone's face with his ***. This was a good signing for Miami, considering we are now onto the minimum deals. It's not like we're breaking the bank to sign this guy. He has a good chemistry with LeBron, which is a plus as well.

Kendrick Perkins would have something to say about that

gangis2169
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
With this our big rotation is complete:

Bosh/Haslem/Joel/Juwan Howard/ and now Big Z

just the pg position left and were set :D

Sounds like a bunch of scrubs!

shizzle09
07-13-2010, 08:38 PM

wait, you just joined this month so you must be a bandwagon fan yourself. What makes you different from every heat fan in here. Calling people bandwagon fans is simply an easy way for you to insult people because you're bitter. So tired of clowns like you calling heat fans bandwagoners. stfu already.

shizzle09
07-13-2010, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a bunch of scrubs!

thats the bench. usually teams have scrubs on the bench. Mike Miller and Haslem are not scrubs though so thats a solid start to a bench.

dtmagnet
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Big Z is done, this must have been a favor to Lebron by the Heat organization.

TEXASTITAN
07-13-2010, 08:50 PM
If lebron is going to bring his butt buddies from cleveland to miami the choker should have just stayed in cleveland.

TEXASTITAN
07-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Mods can deal with these kinds of insults.

Calling someone a bandwagon fan isn't baiting or an insult it's ones opinion. But him calling someone an idiot is enough to get him warned if he hasn't already. Miami has enough sensitivity to go around with bosh and lebron sharing hugs there's no need for their fans to reflect that sentiment as well by looking for reasons to get people banned because they disagree with your opinion and your team.

97NYer
07-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Z and Thomas combined age = 489. Haslem is solid as a backup 4 and Bosh is Bosh.

HouRealCoach
07-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Heat dont have Joel Anthony YET do they?

HouRealCoach
07-13-2010, 09:00 PM
and Miami still needs a center who can start because Big Z will get KILLED on defense

EL HEAT
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
and Miami still needs a center who can start because Big Z will get KILLED on defense

He is a RFA

LakeShowRaider
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
As useless as he was in the playoffs to the Cavs, I don't think it makes a difference.

REGular
07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Heat dont have Joel Anthony YET do they?

I'm pretty sure due to technicalities they had to sign Miller first, or something like thta.

Jahari Kavi
07-13-2010, 09:22 PM

he actually plays fairly well against both...especially bynum....if you have a 7 footer to guard bynum u can take him out of the game.

uprightciti
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
this team in ********...there has got to be something else happening down in south beach.:mad:

TheWrightStuff5
07-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Z actually plays ok d. Anyway, Joel Anthony is a tough player and I think he can do a decent job containing Bynum. He did last season against Dwight Howard.

tangent12
07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Shoulnd't be a surprise as far as Z leaving the Cavs goes. I mean they did use him like he was a prostitute, traded him [which was an emotional thing for him] and then made it look like he was wanted back by exploiting a little hole in the sign/trade system.

Good signing for team homowood... still teams will have their way with the Heat in the paint.

Bridgmaster
07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
haha well that sucks for them

Bruno
07-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Cavs traded him this season. Big Z can do whatever the hell he wants to Cleveland now.

True.

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Its not a bad signing but I think Big Z will be too slow and his play will dramatically decrease because hes getting real old

49GiantWarriors
07-13-2010, 11:26 PM
I am actually surprised that have good depth, I thought that the tree were going to be surrounded by d-leaguers or something

nanablvd
07-13-2010, 11:49 PM

They can go over the cap to sign vet min deals and Joel Anthony.

Denver-boy
07-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Don't blame him. Trying to win, plain and simple.

Ya same for LeBron, just everyone hates him now cause hes leBron, but if ur Resheed Wallace, Ron Artest, nobody cares if joins to make a team to win. lakers, boston fans dont see that, player join them to win.... yet there here bashing leBron on his decision to join Bosh and Wade. to WIN. it was smart on his side, and even Cleveland fans have to see that, is it loyal? no but nobody is loyal to nobody (Owners,Players) except for us fans. well TRUE fans. im in a sitaution with Melo wanting to leave, but i cant blame him, though i think NYK wont be a good choice, Amares overrated. but i Cant Blame Melo for Leaving, he wants to win, im more MAD at our FO for not trying to trade for a player, or make a move in FA, so if melo Leaves i think ill be mad at the FO/Owner/GM more than Melo. thats IMO

daleja424
07-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Ya same for LeBron, just everyone hates him now cause hes leBron, but if ur Resheed Wallace, Ron Artest, nobody cares if joins to make a team to win.

yup. double standard

hugepatsfan
07-13-2010, 11:58 PM
People always view stars differently than role players. It's not a Lebron double standard.

TEXASTITAN
07-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Ive never seen so many comments deleted in one thread in my life this is hilarious.

shizzle09
07-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Ive never seen so many comments deleted in one thread in my life this is hilarious.

thats what happens when baiters run ramped in the thread. People respond and it goes downhill from there.

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-14-2010, 12:34 AM
I sure hope he aint starting.

shizzle09
07-14-2010, 12:47 AM

lol, that wade/lebron sig pic is hilarious. good one

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 12:49 AM
lol, I hope he plays the same way since he came back to clev...

HE IS DONE... Great sign CHeat...

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 12:50 AM

lol, great sig

Mplsman
07-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Really liking this move for the heat.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-14-2010, 01:56 AM
They traded Z to get Jamison to help win a chip KNOWING Z would be back. He left the Cavs to try and win a ring now. Im not mad at him. But he wont help much unless they really monitor his min during the season...

JayW_1023
07-14-2010, 05:08 AM
If he hits the occasional jumper and sufficiently protects the rim with his size he'll be a valuable asset.

J-Relo
07-14-2010, 05:29 AM
you just can't hate BIG Z, you should hate Cavs organisation!

twoearl
07-14-2010, 09:51 AM
SMH at the confused ESPN anchors and fans that thought Miami wouldn't be able to fill out thier roster. lol

Watch how the haters go crazy when they pick up Iverson... lol

greek miami hea
07-14-2010, 10:30 AM
i wish

Cbast09
07-14-2010, 11:24 AM
SMH at the confused ESPN anchors and fans that thought Miami wouldn't be able to fill out thier roster. lol

Watch how the haters go crazy when they pick up Iverson... lol
So true lol