PDA

View Full Version : Luke Ridour near a four year, $16 million deal with the Wolves

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 03:30 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38215737/ns/sports-player_news/

Luke Ridnour appears to be heading to the Wolves according to beat writer Gery Woelfel.

The deal is reportedly for four years and $16 million, which has to make Ricky Rubio wonder where he stands, if he even cares at this point. Though Ramon Sessions is on the trading block, Jonny Flynn isn't going anywhere soon, and neither is the uncertainty surrounding Minnesota's PG strategy

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I need Hawkeye15 to explain this one for me. Dude knows his stuff on T-Wolves transactions.

BKdoubleStacker
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38215737/ns/sports-player_news/

another point guard??? lol

what54!?
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
another PG...........I hope would really hope that means they have a trade in place for sessions or flynn.

Melo15
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Why another PG?

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Why another PG?

thats the question no one seems to be able to answer... Rubio???, Flynn, Sessions, now Ridnour. I don't understand this one bit. Unless they are going to be striking a deal for Sessions/Flynn

Madness23
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
please someone call the league and tell them to stop Kahn from signing and dealing players ! the guy is a joke lol

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Kahn NEEDS to be FIRED ASAP!!!

Punkindrublic03
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Ridnour! SuperSonics!

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
I would believe this means Sessions is probably gone, or that Sessions/Brewer will be packaged. Ridnour brings a veteran who can shoot, and is more of a defender than Sessions. The Wolves want to run, need floor spacers, and Ridnour fits this mold. He is also a veteran voice than can help a team of 21-22 year olds.
By the way not sure how a 29 year old guard who can play either position, who had a PER of 17.7, on and eFG% of 52.8%, and a 3/1 assist/turnover ratio is a joke.
The Wolves will not be keeping Sessions. Ridnour is a better fit for what they would like to do.

Kahn has already inquired with much of the league to see what he can get for Sessions. I am sure there are a couple of deals in principal, that seems to be Kahn's thing. He lines up deals, contingent on other deals, and let's the dice roll as these transactions occur. So many of his decisions don't make sense by themselves. But they do later, when the domino effect happens

Punkindrublic03
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Sessions is going to Utah too.

watch it.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
I would believe this means Sessions is probably gone, or that Sessions/Brewer will be packaged. Ridnour brings a veteran who can shoot, and is more of a defender than Sessions. The Wolves want to run, need floor spacers, and Ridnour fits this mold. He is also a veteran voice than can help a team of 21-22 year olds.
By the way not sure how a 29 year old guard who can play either position, who had a PER of 17.7, on and eFG% of 52.8%, and a 3/1 assist/turnover ratio is a joke.
The Wolves will not be keeping Sessions. Ridnour is a better fit for what they would like to do.

Kahn has already inquired with much of the league to see what he can get for Sessions. I am sure there are a couple of deals in principal, that seems to be Kahn's thing. He lines up deals, contingent on other deals, and let's the dice roll as these transactions occur. So many of his decisions don't make sense by themselves. But they do later, when the domino effect happens
Doesnt it seem like Milwaukee just relies on its PG to do its damage, Minny signs them to play off the ball and they struggle. Atleast here Ridnour can shoot.... actually I dont even know if thats true, hes white so I just assume he can.... Still even if he doesnt fall off for the reasons Sessions had, I bet you he still falls off. Vets his age usually dont revive their careers and keep it going but we'll see. Im surprised DAntoni didnt lobby to get him, wouldve fit much better in NY

Bryrob58
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
But do you think that this has anything to do with Rubio? I mean, we don't know everything that he says to the TWolves FO.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Doesnt it seem like Milwaukee just relies on its PG to do its damage, Minny signs them to play off the ball and they struggle. Atleast here Ridnour can shoot.... actually I dont even know if thats true, hes white so I just assume he can.... Still even if he doesnt fall off for the reasons Sessions had, I bet you he still falls off. Vets his age usually dont revive their careers and keep it going but we'll see. Im surprised DAntoni didnt lobby to get him, wouldve fit much better in NY

agreed. He had an upward swing in efficiency after two years headed down. So there is no way I expect him to repeat his performance last season at his age. 29 year olds who have a really good year after two bad ones swing back down.
That being said, Sessions is terrible in the triangle, because he does not possess the necessary skills asked of a PG in that system, which is shooting, and spacing ability. On top of that, he is a bad free throw shooter.
Ridnour will be a PG backup. I don't think he will play off the ball except for slight occassions.
All in all, its simply a trade off of contracts, to get a slightly better fit.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Mike D can have Sessions and Utah's 1st for Chandler, how bout that?

OG "Dee" LOCc
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Knicks don't need a point guard anymore. They have a starter and a backup.

I don't know what Kahn is doing....ANOTHER pg?

arkanian215
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Great signing. I wanted Ridnour for the Nets but the Wolves stole him or was it the FO thought he wanted too much....:(

Mplsman
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
^Nail in the coffin.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Knicks don't need a point guard anymore. They have a starter and a backup.

I don't know what Kahn is doing....ANOTHER pg?

How bout Brewer/Utahs 1st for Chandler?

And they will be back to 2 PG's shortly.

JNA17
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
How bout Brewer/Utahs 1st for Chandler?

And they will be back to 2 PG's shortly.

unlike kahn, donnie walsh is not an idiot. The only way the knicks would trade chandler is for a talented bigman or a more suited SG at this point. At least, that's what they SHOULD be doing.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
unlike kahn, donnie walsh is not an idiot. The only way the knicks would trade chandler is for a talented bigman or a more suited SG at this point. At least, that's what they SHOULD be doing.

who do you think Kahn worked under for years....

please explain to me how Kahn is an idiot. Something tells me it will be filled with fun facts

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Why??? Either Flynn gets moved or Rubio is never coming.

Rivera
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
hawkeye15 IS GOD when talking about the Minnesota TWolves

dude knows his stuff and can actually try to explain david kahns thinking
cause i sure @$$ hell can never understand what Kahn does

so props to hawkeye i would give him a star but i cant

hgtiger32
07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
johnny flynn to Miami Heat for Chalmers and 2029, 2033, and 2047 unprotected 1st round picks...just a guess

Da Knicks
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM

lol

SNYmets86
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
pg.flynn
sg.rubio
sf.sessions
pf.ridnour
c. another point guard ?

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
That's good, but Minnesota still needs a starting point guard, unless Ricky Potter stops *****ing and whining about having to play in the Midwest.

brandonwarne52
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm in no way downplaying hawkeye, but some of you just simply don't understand logic. He explains it phenomenally, but simply pay attention and you'll learn a thing or two.

brandonwarne52
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
That's good, but Minnesota still needs a starting point guard, unless Ricky Potter stops *****ing and whining about having to play in the Midwest.

Oh. Did he whine about that?

87twins91
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't think anyone should whine about having too many PG's and that'll 'deter' Rubio. Please, Sessions was with the Bucks the year before, here this past year, and maybe somewhere else shortly. Ridnour was with Seattle and then Milwaukee, bottom line - they are NOT franchise PGs...so they can be moved just as easily as they came here. $4 mill/yr contracts aren't that hard to move in the NBA if needbe.

If Rubio says he wants to come here next year, I'd be hard pressed to believe any request within reason for PG's being moved or whatever would take place for that transaction.

Bottom line - 2010-2011 season Rubio is NOT here and the PG situation wasn't great last year.

Flynn could easily be dealt next year as well. And it's fine, he'll have developed one more year and be better than last year. And if this year Pacers were willing to give up #10 pick for Flynn...maybe he's good enough for a #6 next year.

It's a very fluid thing.

And the team seems most committed to Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. Add Wes Johnson to the mix. But otherwise, all bets are off for where a player will be year to year with the Wolves.

JNA17
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
who do you think Kahn worked under for years....

please explain to me how Kahn is an idiot. Something tells me it will be filled with fun facts

I think almost every poster including myself has answered this question more then once. Why not answer this million dollar question. Why is Kahn NOT an idiot? ;)

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 05:27 PM

only if utah decides to waive deron lol

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!! The T'Wolves are the most interesting franchise ever.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I think almost every poster including myself has answered this question more then once. Why not answer this million dollar question. Why is Kahn NOT an idiot? ;)

I am still waiting for a valid argument on why he is an idiot...

THE MTL
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Another PG.......another PG....iono what the Wolves are doing? All of their moves have confused me.

1. Signing another PG
2. Giving Miami the right to swap picks for Beasley (who clearly doesnt fit the team)
3. Signing Darko Millic to 5 million

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I am still waiting for a valid argument on why he is an idiot...

Well drafting Flynn over Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, and Darren Collison wasn't a good start. You could argue all those guys are better, especially Curry.

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Kahn strikes again - T'Wolves are close to a 4 year deal with Luke Ridnour
In another interesting move; David Kahn (GM) & the T'Wolves look likely to add yet another point guard. As reports are that they are nearing a deal with Luke Ridnour.

http://bit.ly/aRnMLO

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Well drafting Flynn over Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, and Darren Collison wasn't a good start. You could argue all those guys are better, especially Curry.

last year, Curry and Jennings were better. THe others eh.
And you should know too, if Flynn played in a pick and roll system his first year, his efficiency would have been different.
And you should also know how many other teams passed on those players, so judging a GM one year after a draft, when nobody knows what they players you listed will turn out to be, is stupid, you are smart enough to know that.

Go check out Deron's numbers year one.

dtmagnet
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
This signing makes little to no sense to me.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
This signing makes little to no sense to me.

you are not alone

Chronz
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
And you should know too, if Flynn played in a pick and roll system his first year, his efficiency would have been different.
And you should also know how many other teams passed on those players, so judging a GM one year after a draft, when nobody knows what they players you listed will turn out to be, is stupid, you are smart enough to know that.

I know the triangle isnt a PG friendly system especially when the team doesnt run (did you guys? Im assuming you didnt cuz you lack the shooters). But I dispute the notion that Flynn didnt get adequate touches in PnR setting. Atleast compared to Curry.

% of PnR Plays/ EFFICIENCY
Curry: 26.9%/ .81
Flynn: 29.1%/.77

Not a terribly big difference but according to the stats, Flynn played more PnR than Curry. The reason for this is evident in the stats, while the triangle may have limited Flynns attempts to a certain degree, nothing inhibits a player from putting up shots than playing alongside a cancerous chucker. Monta has a bigger effect on Curry than the triangle does on Flynn. Curry was obviously the better choice friend, especially now that we KNOW he can play the Point.

Ironically what separates the 2 is their off the ball play, where Curry is ranked as the #2 spot-up shooter and is more adept in off the ball cuts, handoffs, and downscreens. Basically hes everything youd want in a Triangle PointGuard. Ironic aint it

boeknows
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Another PG.......another PG....iono what the Wolves are doing? All of their moves have confused me.

1. Signing another PG
2. Giving Miami the right to swap picks for Beasley (who clearly doesnt fit the team)
3. Signing Darko Millic to 5 million

News flash....The Wolves traded a 2011 2nd round pick and a 2014 2nd round pick to the Heat. There was never any first rounder involved in the deal. So in other words at the worst they might have traded 2 #31 overall picks for the 2nd pick in the draft. Yeah that was a horrible move.

With regards to the Milicic signing we signed him for 4 years and 16 mil. Not bad paying your starting center $4 mil a year. Depends on what your starting lineup is most likely your backup center is Turiaf. He makes $4 mil this year. So your backup center makes just as much as our starting center. How is this a dumb move for us?

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I know the triangle isnt a PG friendly system especially when the team doesnt run (did you guys? Im assuming you didnt cuz you lack the shooters). But I dispute the notion that Flynn didnt get adequate touches in PnR setting. Atleast compared to Curry.

% of PnR Plays/ EFFICIENCY
Curry: 26.9%/ .81
Flynn: 29.1%/.77

Not a terribly big difference but according to the stats, Flynn played more PnR than Curry. The reason for this is evident in the stats, while the triangle may have limited Flynns attempts to a certain degree, nothing inhibits a player from putting up shots than playing alongside a cancerous chucker. Monta has a bigger effect on Curry than the triangle does on Flynn. Curry was obviously the better choice friend, especially now that we KNOW he can play the Point.

Ironically what separates the 2 is their off the ball play, where Curry is ranked as the #2 spot-up shooter and is more adept in off the ball cuts, handoffs, and downscreens. Basically hes everything youd want in a Triangle PointGuard. Ironic aint it

2 things, because you are correct. We did not run the triangle more than 1/4 of the game, its unfortunately Flynn's pick and roll partner's and shooters were subpar to say the least. Surrounding him with more shooters this year should open up the paint.
Curry did not project as a PG to many GM's. On top of that, he didnt work out for the Wolves, and they apparently didn't see Curry as a PG, like many other teams did.

Now, you know simply running a pick and roll in seperate scenario's is going to manufacture different results. Flynn, with shooters, and a big man who can accept lobs, or difficult passes, will climb in efficiency. And quite frankly, Curry was a surprise around the league. I would like to see how he handles a slower paced offense, and to see if he can really lead a team though.
And I still project Flynn as a dynamic scoring guard off the bench. Like Aaron Brooks should be, like Jason Terry is.

and lastly, I said Curry was better dude. I am not a homer to the nth degree like most of PSD. I am a secure enough man to admit when another player is better than mine

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 08:03 PM
my point is, Chronz, I have to keep defending David Kahn to the drones on PSD, when in reality, the only argument I should post is our roster the day he took over the team, and the roster today. More talent, more athletic ability, more shooting, and better players. And we still have Rubio sitting in Spain.

AddiX
07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
News flash....The Wolves traded a 2011 2nd round pick and a 2014 2nd round pick to the Heat. There was never any first rounder involved in the deal. So in other words at the worst they might have traded 2 #31 overall picks for the 2nd pick in the draft. Yeah that was a horrible move.

With regards to the Milicic signing we signed him for 4 years and 16 mil. Not bad paying your starting center $4 mil a year. Depends on what your starting lineup is most likely your backup center is Turiaf. He makes $4 mil this year. So your backup center makes just as much as our starting center. How is this a dumb move for us?

bragging about Darko being your starter for 4 mill is not cool man.

And I hate to remind you but your Roster is completely pointless. There is no system in the world that fits that team.

I remember after last years draft everyone said Minny would either look like geniuses or retards in a few years. It's pretty clear to me which direction they are going.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
bragging about Darko being your starter for 4 mill is not cool man.

And I hate to remind you but your Roster is completely pointless. There is no system in the world that fits that team.

I remember after last years draft everyone said Minny would either look like geniuses or retards in a few years. It's pretty clear to me which direction they are going.

I must not have been in the same conversations you were last year...

do you ever have a point?? You are a bashfest everytime I read a post of yours.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
my point is, Chronz, I have to keep defending David Kahn to the drones on PSD, when in reality, the only argument I should post is our roster the day he took over the team, and the roster today. More talent, more athletic ability, more shooting, and better players. And we still have Rubio sitting in Spain.

Well you know I hate Kahn, he has an undeserved arrogance about him my opinion. Remember my anti Kahn thread awhile back. Hes not seen as one of the better GM's, that makes him a loser (not a **** though) in my books. **** Kahn, good luck though. GM's, even dumb ones can build contenders. So long as they dont screw it up royally. Basically pointing to your roster isnt really telling, any incompetent GM knows how to dump salary at any cost. We'll see how that Darko signing gos, and what he does with his best bargaining chip (Al Jefferson)

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 08:13 PM

Well then there's the acquiring 4 SF's on draft night, and then trading for another one in Beasley. $20 mil for Darko is pretty dumb as well. Then signing Pekovic for more than Splitter got when he averaged 3 boards a game at 6'11. Sure Kahn has acquired a lot of picks the last few seasons, but I'm pretty skeptical of the selections he actually made with them. I guess we'll just have to see, but I would find it pretty hard to argue that he has done a good job.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Well you know I hate Kahn, he has an undeserved arrogance about him my opinion. Remember my anti Kahn thread awhile back. Hes not seen as one of the better GM's, that makes him a loser (not a **** though) in my books. **** Kahn, good luck though. GM's, even dumb ones can build contenders. So long as they dont screw it up royally

fair enough. And yes, his language and words border on arrogance. However, you are intelligent enough to see the roster changes, the roster flexibility (Beasley is our highest paid player, meaning we can flip parts on a dime), and you also know trades can not be judged until they mature.

I think Kahn has made a handful of wait and see decisions. But we have to WAIT AND SEE before the bashfest. Know what I mean??

AddiX
07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I must not have been in the same conversations you were last year...

do you ever have a point?? You are a bashfest everytime I read a post of yours.

I have a personal vendetta against Minny. It probably won't change anytime soon.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Well then there's the acquiring 4 SF's on draft night, and then trading for another one in Beasley. $20 mil for Darko is pretty dumb as well. Then signing Pekovic for more than Splitter got when he averaged 3 boards a game at 6'11. Sure Kahn has acquired a lot of picks the last few seasons, but I'm pretty skeptical of the picks he actually made with them. I guess we'll just have to see, but I would find it pretty hard to argue that he has done a good job.

Beasley is a PF pretty much. Webster and Johnson can both play SG. $5 for a starting center? Go take a gander at the salaries of the centers around the league. Pekovic was, and is considered a first round talent, and his contract came before Splitter's, so not sure how that can be regarded as a mistake.
And its everyone's opinion on his picks. But judging picks, outside a Durant, in one year, or for a player who is maturing overseason or hasn't played a game is like Chad Ford doing his draft grades:pointless

Beasley for two 2nd rounders is never a bad deal btw

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 08:18 PM
I have a personal vendetta against Minny. It probably won't change anytime soon.

why?
and its not like that isn't obvious. They could trade Brewer for Durant and you would slam Kahn

AddiX
07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
why?
and its not like that isn't obvious. They could trade Brewer for Durant and you would slam Kahn

Us Knick fans have our reasons.

And TBH, even if I didn't have a vendetta, i really don't see the plan.

What is the plan A and plan B?

What's the cap flexibility for? Do you think top Free Agents are going to run to Minny? Which Free Agent?

How does Minny end up with all these draft picks the past few years and have little to show? Why did they even trade the picks they drafted in the first place and whats with bringing in multiple players at positions that are filled?

Why didn't they keep their picks last year and build their core from there?

I just don't agree with anything Minny does, and I honestly believe they just do things to do them. None of it has a real direction.

smith&wesson
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
thats the question no one seems to be able to answer... Rubio???, Flynn, Sessions, now Ridnour. I don't understand this one bit. Unless they are going to be striking a deal for Sessions/Flynn

blows my mind,

rubio, flynn, session, ridnour... all those guys can pretty much start. a team like the bob cats has no point gaurd at all and the twolves just lost jefresson for money ... why do you ask ? for another frikken point gaurd. fire khan!!

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 08:28 PM
I actually dont want to see Kahn fired. These moves are entertaining to watch.

smith&wesson
07-13-2010, 08:35 PM
I actually dont want to see Kahn fired. These moves are entertaining to watch.

LOL hahah thats because your not a twolves fan ? i kinda feel bad for them. every time they look like theyre team is shaping up to compete, some **** like this happends and theyre right back to square one. i feel for the twolves fans man.

Evolution23
07-13-2010, 08:43 PM
wtf is this guy doing? I hope for his sake he pulls a trade and gets rid of atleast 1 or 2 point guards..

SouljahPhil...
07-13-2010, 09:00 PM
someones gonna get traded...

ayuntalo
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
new point guard..COOL!! haha
wish they had the number 1 pick :)
and bledsoe, maybe sign livingston, felton, duhon, and j will..

Bruno
07-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Thats the same contract Blake got from the Lakers.

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Beasley is a PF pretty much. Webster and Johnson can both play SG. $5 for a starting center? Go take a gander at the salaries of the centers around the league. Pekovic was, and is considered a first round talent, and his contract came before Splitter's, so not sure how that can be regarded as a mistake.
And its everyone's opinion on his picks. But judging picks, outside a Durant, in one year, or for a player who is maturing overseason or hasn't played a game is like Chad Ford doing his draft grades:pointless

Beasley for two 2nd rounders is never a bad deal btw

I haven't seen anything from Beasley that makes me believe he's a legit 4 in the NBA. And $5 mil for a starting Center is great...if the guy is starting caliber. Darko is not.

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 11:08 PM

this is a dumb move for your team because it makes Milicic & Turiaf your 2 centers. they are both below average. certainly not a ton of upside from either.

brandonwarne52
07-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Ugh....we don't HAVE TURIAF. Do some fact checking.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Ugh....we don't HAVE TURIAF. Do some fact checking.

Dude that's Kahn (thought nobody would know)... remember last year the Knicks wanted sessions.... well thats who they are going to trade him to now to be a back up. Sessions for Turiaf. Make it happen David Kahn

brandonwarne52
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Huh?

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 11:33 PM
^^sry thought u had a sense of humor... my bad

49GiantWarriors
07-13-2010, 11:43 PM
would have liked to have him as a back-up

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 11:46 PM
here's a fact. if the T'Wolves over-achieve this year they will win 35 games

brandonwarne52
07-13-2010, 11:48 PM
here's a fact. if the T'Wolves over-achieve this year they will win 35 games

....which would be a 20 win improvement. I'd say Kahn did his job if we win 125% more games that we did last year.

brandonwarne52
07-13-2010, 11:49 PM
^^sry thought u had a sense of humor... my bad

I do. Just didn't read your post right I guess.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-13-2010, 11:58 PM
My question to Hawkeye is how long do u give to see some potential outta these WAIT AND SEE moves in ur opinion. If he keeps makin wait and see moves every year we will just keep on waitin until he finally gets it right. Put how many seasons ud think for people to form a valid opinion. I think that would be fair.

brandonwarne52
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Kahn can fairly be evaluated from the end of this year on. He's had 2 full offseasons and has basically purged the roster of it's previous "talent".

Viper2000
07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Kahn can fairly be evaluated from the end of this year on. He's had 2 full offseasons and has basically purged the roster of it's previous "talent".

that actually seems fair. now all he has to do is add a couple more point guards & they'll be all set for 2010-11 season!

brandonwarne52
07-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Right now we have Flynn/Sessions and we are adding Ridnour while dealing Sessions.

Should we hold a ghost spot for Rubio until he comes over?

ayuntalo
07-14-2010, 12:20 AM
wow..didnt know there are solid minnesota fans.. :)
:) (i'll keep to myself what im thinking now)
goodluck with you guys :)

ayuntalo
07-14-2010, 12:24 AM
btw...when it comes to building a team
KAHN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...riley
what riley did was real real hard, but what kahn is doing is unthinkable :)

brandonwarne52
07-14-2010, 12:26 AM
wow..didnt know there are solid minnesota fans.. :)
:) (i'll keep to myself what im thinking now)
goodluck with you guys :)

I was a Twins fan from 1993-2000 before we got good....this is nothing.

JOSKOMANG4
07-14-2010, 12:29 AM
C) Milicic
PF) Love
SF) Beasley
SG) W.Johnson(rookie)
PG) J.Flynn

Bench:

PG) L.Ridnour
PG) R.Sessions
SF/SG) M.Webster
SF) L.Heyward(rookie)
C) R.Hollins
SG) W.Ellington

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-14-2010, 12:29 AM

Cool, No excuses after the end of this season. What are ur expectations record wise? And with all this flexibility and picks do u expect a major free agent or more mini moves each year? I just want this to be on record.. Not holdin it against yall but the Major excuse is he's collecting assests. So i just wanna know what u Minny fans expect to obtain after collecting so many different assets.

brandonwarne52
07-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Well the end of this season would be what I would consider an actual start or perhaps midpoint of a 2-3 year plan. I would suggest 30 wins is not far fetched, but 25+ has to be expected.

I wouldn't expect a major free agent, but that we'll collect assets in hopes that we develop a superstar and are able to keep them in-house (Rubio, Beasley, Johnson, for instance).

I would say 25-30 wins this year, .500 next season, playoffs season after that. Any other Wolves fans thoughts?

howiend
07-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Twolves fan here. The first question is are we trying to build a championship contender (team that can make the western conference finals) or a 40-50 win competitive team? Kahn says let's try to build a championship contender. With that in mind a re-build will take longer and will be riskier and will involved making some trades that at first glance seem odd. If our goal is to be a .500 team or win as many games as possible this season we keep al jefferson. If you hope to build a championship contender down the road you trade him as we just did. Al will never be the best player on a championship contender. Rubio projects to be the type of player that will make everyone better and will fit well in an up-tempo team. Kahn and Rambis want to be an up-tempo team because it gives us the best shot of building a championship contender. To answer the question, this season is important to see the growth of individual players (flynn, wes johnson, beasley, klove, and milicic) - i think it will still be a pretty rough season for the wolves. Next off-season will be huge (especially the rubio situation) and the 2011-12 season we need to see solid improvement. If not then the re-build has not worked.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2010, 01:06 AM
My question to Hawkeye is how long do u give to see some potential outta these WAIT AND SEE moves in ur opinion. If he keeps makin wait and see moves every year we will just keep on waitin until he finally gets it right. Put how many seasons ud think for people to form a valid opinion. I think that would be fair.

I think we need to see a 15 game improvement this year, and then push with our young talent and financial flexibility.

But in reality, I think that I have to watch this team this year, and they need to show improvement

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-14-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm def not a believer in Khan BUT I will hold judgement for the rest of this season on Khan. They have young talent and seem to be moving in the right direction according to u guys. U know Minny way more than I do. But if they regress and dont put that flexibility to use U guys have to admit he's a poor gm. And im not expecting a Max to go to Minny but if they pull of a deal that can net them a really good talent that should net them another 10 wins (ala second tier or even third tier star) I will never bash Khan again. I think that's fair on my end. I cant speak for the other PSD posters..

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Well the end of this season would be what I would consider an actual start or perhaps midpoint of a 2-3 year plan. I would suggest 30 wins is not far fetched, but 25+ has to be expected.

I wouldn't expect a major free agent, but that we'll collect assets in hopes that we develop a superstar and are able to keep them in-house (Rubio, Beasley, Johnson, for instance).

I would say 25-30 wins this year, .500 next season, playoffs season after that. Any other Wolves fans thoughts?

If u guys win 30 games, and the rest of those goals happen .. I will have KHAN as my avatar for a year. If i bash him hard , I should give him crazy credit as well... I do think u guys can win at least 24 games tho.. Teams might take u lightly and u pounce on em.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2010, 12:00 PM

I think if the Wolves win 30 games this season with whatever roster Kahn has for us in 2 months from now, he deserves another full offseason before being judged. And trust me, Wolves fans will turn on him if he doesn't deliver Rubio next summer like he has stated he will
But Kahn just had a quote saying we are halfway done with this exercise. Meaning there are more moves coming this summer

So to answer your question, I think any GM who is hired, and has to rebuild the entire front office, coaching staff, and team, should be given 3 years to fully judge.

Viper2000
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
so basically at the end of the day we shouldn't have to chat about or watch the T'Wolves for another 2-3 years. so can we end the discussion now?

Swashcuff
07-14-2010, 02:16 PM
C) Milicic
PF) Love
SF) Beasley
SG) W.Johnson(rookie)
PG) J.Flynn

Bench:

PG) L.Ridnour
PG) R.Sessions
SF/SG) M.Webster
SF) L.Heyward(rookie)
C) R.Hollins
SG) W.Ellington

Brewer???

Wisdom Listens
07-14-2010, 02:34 PM
You people are so predictable with your PG comments.

Fact: One of Ridnour or Flynn (probably Flynn) will be traded when Rubio comes over, and Sessions is the process of being shopped right now. When Sessions is traded, that's 2 PG's currently on our roster (Flynn and Ridnour).

Giantwarrior
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
do they need another point guard?

SpeeMN
07-14-2010, 02:43 PM
we better make a move fast. The good thing about kahn is he makes the Timberwolves the most talked about team on PSD. Any press is good press.

Giantwarrior
07-14-2010, 02:44 PM
C) Milicic
PF) Love
SF) Beasley
SG) W.Johnson(rookie)
PG) J.Flynn

Bench:

PG) L.Ridnour
PG) R.Sessions
SF/SG) M.Webster
SF) L.Heyward(rookie)
C) R.Hollins
SG) W.Ellington

that team looks awful.

looks like, NJ Nets 2009 2.0

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Twolves fan here. The first question is are we trying to build a championship contender (team that can make the western conference finals) or a 40-50 win competitive team? Kahn says let's try to build a championship contender. With that in mind a re-build will take longer and will be riskier and will involved making some trades that at first glance seem odd. If our goal is to be a .500 team or win as many games as possible this season we keep al jefferson. If you hope to build a championship contender down the road you trade him as we just did. Al will never be the best player on a championship contender. Rubio projects to be the type of player that will make everyone better and will fit well in an up-tempo team. Kahn and Rambis want to be an up-tempo team because it gives us the best shot of building a championship contender. To answer the question, this season is important to see the growth of individual players (flynn, wes johnson, beasley, klove, and milicic) - i think it will still be a pretty rough season for the wolves. Next off-season will be huge (especially the rubio situation) and the 2011-12 season we need to see solid improvement. If not then the re-build has not worked.

I agree with you thats the direction he's attempting to go. The only problem is you're assuming he'll be around to see it through. At the rate he's going they're at least 3 years away from being a playoff (50 win) team, perhaps even more with the West being so competitive.

That being said if Rubio isn't delivered next season as promised I'm of the opinion Kahn will be looking for a new job. His moves have been predicated under the premise/assumption that Rubio will come on board and be the final piece to the puzzle. If he doesn't come through the outcry and backlash will be so major that I can't see him not getting run out of town.

Viper2000
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I agree with you thats the direction he's attempting to go. The only problem is you're assuming he'll be around to see it through. At the rate he's going they're at least 3 years away from being a playoff (50 win) team, perhaps even more with the West being so competitive.

That being said if Rubio isn't delivered next season as promised I'm of the opinion Kahn will be looking for a new job. His moves have been predicated under the premise/assumption that Rubio will come on board and be the final piece to the puzzle. If he doesn't come through the outcry and backlash will be so major that I can't see him not getting run out of town.

this is confusing - so if Ricky Rubio is the "final piece of the puzzle" who's the big dog, who's the star? is it beasly? wes johnson? kevin love? darko millicic? this just makes no sense. no one every could be considered the "final piece of a puzzle" with no proven elite players. if you want to tell me that you've got an elite big man, an elite point guard, an elite swing man & you're going to bring in the ultimate stopper/defender as the final piece of the puzzle that would make sense. but please don't refer to rubio as the final piece of the puzzle.

Tony_Starks
07-14-2010, 04:56 PM
this is confusing - so if Ricky Rubio is the "final piece of the puzzle" who's the big dog, who's the star? is it beasly? wes johnson? kevin love? darko millicic? this just makes no sense. no one every could be considered the "final piece of a puzzle" with no proven elite players. if you want to tell me that you've got an elite big man, an elite point guard, an elite swing man & you're going to bring in the ultimate stopper/defender as the final piece of the puzzle that would make sense. but please don't refer to rubio as the final piece of the puzzle.

Hey man I agree with you. Im just saying all these moves are done, according to Kahn, under the guise of Rubio being in a Wolves jersey next season. The assumption is with him being such a dynamic pg that he's going to make these other guys better. Thats the deal. Whether you believe it or not is a different story... I personally believe you'll see Magic Johnson in a Timberwolves jersey before Rubio but hey thats just me.......