PDA

View Full Version : Teams that need to make moves but haven't thus far?

JordansBulls
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Teams that need to make moves but haven't thus far?

Denver - The #2 seed in 2009 and the #4 seed last year (lost the opening round with HCA against an injured Jazz team)

How could you not be making any moves to improve the team.

Atlanta - The #4 seed two years in a row, barely got out of round 1 both times and got crushed in round 2. They simply need to make moves to get better.

Dallas - The #2 seed last year and got upset in round 1. They need a reliable 2nd option for Dirk

Philadelphia - #6 seed in 2009 and out of the playoffs last year. Personally I think it is time for them to rebuild and trade guys like Iggy and Brand

New Orleans - #2 seed in 2008, #7 seed in 2009 and out of the playoffs last year. This team needs to do something if they want to keep CP3 around.

San Antonio - #3 seed in 2009, #7 seed last year. They are getting older and need some more youth on the team. Maybe trading Parker and trying to get a CP3 would be the way to go

Orlando - #3 seed in 2009, #2 seed last year. They need someone who can help Dwight on the block especially when he is in foul trouble.

Boston - #1 seed in 2008, #2 seed in 2009, #4 seed last year. They simply need some more youth and a go to guy. Big 4 are very inconsistent.

Portland - #4 seed in 2009 and #6 seed last year. They simply need to be healthy and try to get someone better at SF.

Charlotte - #7 seed last year. GM needs to make better decisions.

Houston - No playoffs last year, #5 seed in 2009. They need Yao and Martin to be healthy.

Detroit - Remarkable run of ECF's 7x in a row is over. They need to start over and clean house.

Cleveland - Get rid of unnecessary contracts and let guys like Hickson prove themselves

bahama0811
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
The Nuggets for sure, if they don't make any moves Melo is gone. They've got to do something to make him want to stay.

ugafan
07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
The Hawks HAVE to do something now that they decided to cripple the franchise with Johnson. At least try to win.

Mochalman
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
hawks need a true center and put horford at the pf and smith at sf

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
How are the Pacers not on your list? They havent made a single transaction in like 7 years

ManRam
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
We need to make a minor move, but we are in cap hell, we don't have too many assets, and we aren't as attractive to FAs as some of the other big teams.

Hawks will float around the 4-6 seed for a while now. They need to make a move.
Denver isn't getting better unless they make a move.
New Orleans really didn't do anything, and made it clear that staying under the cap is more important right now.

A bunch of teams really...

zambo4president
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Denver immediately comes to mind.

zambo4president
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
If Im Atlanta Id try to flip Josh Smith and whatever else it takes to Denver for Melo.

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
then he leaves atlanta as a FA in the summer, makes no sense for them.

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
The Nuggets for sure, if they don't make any moves Melo is gone. They've got to do something to make him want to stay.

Same with CP3....

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
the sixers need to do something about PF/C

roshan3ai
07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Cavs, Hornets, Hawks, Nuggets, Orlando, Toronto, Thunder (I though they should've went after DLee), Grizzlies. I guess you can't really blame Cleveland and Toronto because they both lost their franchise player and don't have much cap flexibility.

LionBryan
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
The Pistons need a natural disaster to wipe everything that's in place to the ground.

Oakley's Fist
07-13-2010, 03:26 PM
In terms of teams that are right there if they made a move or two I completely agree with Denver.

Raoul Duke
07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
The Pistons need a natural disaster to wipe everything that's in place to the ground.

That natural disaster exists. It is the city of Detroit.

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Denver. Spurs.

pistonsfanomg
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM

:facepalm:

arkanian215
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Hornets just because there's pressure from Paul to build a contender.

JordansBulls
07-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Denver. Spurs.

What can either team do?

JordansBulls
07-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Hornets just because there's pressure from Paul to build a contender.

Why not trade David West?

BradyIsTheMan12
07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Though the Blazers did get Wes Mathews in free agency we sort of need to make a move. We have an expiring contract in Pryzbilla, assets like Rudy and Miller(his contract can be terminated as well after the year) that can be traded, basically we need to get the point guard we have been after for a while. We have other pieces that can be added that are attractive, but I'm not sure even that will be enough to get Parker or CP3.

shep33
07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Hawks... that team as it is won't get past the 2nd round ever. They need to mix it up a bit.

Denver didn't do enough either I think... they got Harrington which is nice, but still they're not quite there.

Spurs- they're just getting older... but atleast Blair and Hill will play a huge role... don't really know if they needed to do a lot, but someone at the SF position would've helped.

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Hawks... that team as it is won't get past the 2nd round ever. They need to mix it up a bit.

Denver didn't do enough either I think... they got Harrington which is nice, but still they're not quite there.

Spurs- they're just getting older... but atleast Blair and Hill will play a huge role... don't really know if they needed to do a lot, but someone at the SF position would've helped.

Why aren't the Nuggets trying to get some more bigs?

Jack Daniels
07-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I definatley agree the Cavs have to make a minimum of 2 moves even if it is a small one like luring in Barnes. This is a must especially after all of Gilbert's talk about dedication to rebuilding a contender. Also what is Denver doing or not doing actually? They are watching as the other competitive teams are getting better and they above anyone escept maybe the Hornets need to do something or they can kiss their Marquee player goodbye.

magichatnumber9
07-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Boston will be in a state of flux for the 6 years. They will be a playoff team for 2 years, not a title contender. KG and Ray will be gone and they still have a old Paul Pierce for 2 years. Then it will take them another 4 years to rebuild and maybe have a contender. This year they could of dumped Pierce and Ray, and kept KG for his 2 remaining years to sell tickets and lure a young free agent. This offseason is a disaster for Boston.

mikealike305
07-19-2010, 03:29 PM
denver, hornets, thunder

SupeUnagi
07-19-2010, 03:32 PM
hawks- they just screwed themselves for years by giving JJ the max (see: rashard lewis), so that wont happen anytime soon. unless they trade josh smith for young talent. dont know what good that will do tho, since he should be an all star.

spurs- they just need SOMETHING

nuggets- dont really know why they havent done anything

Magic- good team, but they need someone that can close a game

smith&wesson
07-19-2010, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=JordansBulls;14118026] Teams that need to make moves but haven't thus far?

Denver - The #2 seed in 2009 and the #4 seed last year (lost the opening round with HCA against an injured Jazz team)

How could you not be making any moves to improve the team.

Dallas - The #2 seed last year and got upset in round 1. They need a reliable 2nd option for Dirk

Boston - #1 seed in 2008, #2 seed in 2009, #4 seed last year. They simply need some more youth and a go to guy. Big 4 are very inconsistent.

Houston - No playoffs last year, #5 seed in 2009. They need Yao and Martin to be healthy.

did denver just get harrington ?

and i though dallas just got chandler, thats a big upgrade >>>dampier

boston just got JO, and rasheed wallace will be returning, nate robinson also resigned, i think boston is content with there team. i mean who do they really need ?

houston got brad miller. and they are already pretty stacked, ariza, kevin martin, battier, scola, brooks, yao, they just need yao to stay healthy.

I agree with you on the rest of the teams for sure.

throw toronto in there too.

TORONTO - havent made play offs in 2 years and lost franchise player.. and have yet to replace him

Kiss Ma Grits
07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
The Cavs don't need to make any moves unless they're trading for #1 draft picks. Just see what you have now that lebigdisappointment is gone and go from there. Keep J.J. Hickson, Christian Eyenga, and Anderson Verajao (unless you get a good trade for him) and either get a very young prospect with potential or get draft picks. What since does it make if you're playing for the 4 or 5 seed and you're a team past your prime? lol

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 08:57 PM
The Cavs don't need to make any moves unless they're trading for #1 draft picks. Just see what you have now that lebigdisappointment is gone and go from there. Keep J.J. Hickson, Christian Eyenga, and Anderson Verajao (unless you get a good trade for him) and either get a very young prospect with potential or get draft picks. What since does it make if you're playing for the 4 or 5 seed and you're a team past your prime? lol

They have a good nucleus now.

GAWDtv
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Toronto, replaced Bosh with a Rookie and havent addressed the WORST BACKCOURT in the NBA last season???

JordansBulls
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Toronto, replaced Bosh with a Rookie and havent addressed the WORST BACKCOURT in the NBA last season???

Just got Barnes now.

cmellofan15
07-20-2010, 01:22 AM
getting Al Harrington must not be making a move.

JordansBulls
07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
getting Al Harrington must not be making a move.

For scoring but you guys need another big guy as well.

ragee
07-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Portland - #4 seed in 2009 and #6 seed last year. They simply need to be healthy and try to get someone better at SF.

We have Batum so we are fine at the SF... We were #6 last year despite having all those injuries... That was not a sign of weakness but strength... I doubt we'll suffer that much injuries again... All we need to do is hope Oden stays healthy and we'll be fine...

Unruly Fan
07-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Jersey?

Akuhpelluh
07-20-2010, 09:11 AM
NJ has actually done pretty well for itself, stockpiling young role players like Farmar and Petro, and getting a potential guy like Outlaw.

Don't get me wrong, I as a Nets fan am very disappointed in what went down this summer so far. I still think they can be a pretty decent team now that they have a coach as long as they realize that Courtney Lee is far from a starting shooting guard on a playoff team and play Williams there who was really starting to come into his own at the end of last year.

Harris, Williams, Outlaw, Favors and Lopez with a bench of lee, petro and farmar is a pretty good young team. IMHO they are one elite scorer like Durant away from being the OK Thunder

JasonJohnHorn
07-20-2010, 11:07 AM
#1: Cleveland!!! You just lost one of the greatest talents of all time and havent even tried to replace him yet? Call up McGrady. Call up Washing to and ask about Arenas, call up any number of vets that have been down and out but still got game. Mcgrady would be a great fit and if healthy could keep this team competative.

#2: Detroit. Seriously! Dumars (who I love) has been saying "nobody is untouchable" and "we need to make trades" but there has been no waves from them on the trade from and only bad signings in the offseason. And toward the end of the season Dumars seemed to be shrugging the season off as an injury plagued year that would have been good if all were healthy. this team is not working now and has fallen apart. Bite the bullet, make some trades, get some cap space and some draft picks and ship Hamilton and Prince off to contenders so that fan can see them play, and try to package them up with Charlie V and gordon so we can get ride of those horrible contracts and get this rebuilding process started rather than waiting another couple of years.

#3; the Knicks. The struck first, but they let Lee and Harington go, their two best players and still have Eddy Curry's contract weighing them down. Trade the expiring contract and sign some role players to play into Amare (not that I think that would help any).

#4 OKC: Get a big man, for real. FAST!!!1

#5: Orlando. Yes they have made moves, but it seems like moves that keep them afloat, not make them better, and they will have to be better this year.

#6 NJ: You got this cap space, get some talented young guys in here to play with Favors, Lopez and Harris... you have a decent core, build on it and get it going this season.

#7: Lakers: You are awesome and the champs, but dont stagnat. Call up some of the ring chasing vets that Miami is called and tell them they will be playing for a champion with LA, not a "potential contender" in Miami.

#8: T-Wolves: Darko? Really? And a third point guard? With a fourth on the way in Rubio? I feel bad for minny fans. Trade Rubio's rights, and trade Flynn for that matter, the two guys backing him up are better than he is.

#9: Detroit. Did I mention them yet? Yeah. I did. SERIOUSLY!!!! GET YOUR @$$E$ IN GEAR!!!!!

#10: Charlotte/NO/Washington: Time is wasting guys. You've got nothing to really show for is and you are each mid-level teams to start with, but wait for everybody else and find yourself back peddling when the season starts.

jaded01
07-20-2010, 11:16 AM

ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!!!

jaded01
07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
NJ has actually done pretty well for itself, stockpiling young role players like Farmar and Petro, and getting a potential guy like Outlaw.

Don't get me wrong, I as a Nets fan am very disappointed in what went down this summer so far. I still think they can be a pretty decent team now that they have a coach as long as they realize that Courtney Lee is far from a starting shooting guard on a playoff team and play Williams there who was really starting to come into his own at the end of last year.

Harris, Williams, Outlaw, Favors and Lopez with a bench of lee, petro and farmar is a pretty good young team. IMHO they are one elite scorer like Durant away from being the OK Thunder

they got morrow too. the nets need to hold on to their cap space and just wait 2 years... once they are in brooklyn with that roster, that owner, and that city they will be the team to play for.

MrfadeawayJB
07-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Denver signed Al Harrington...

Rangerchick
07-20-2010, 11:37 AM
All DAL did was swap out Dampier for Chandler which is a wash defensively but Chandler is also extremely injury-prone and hasn't played a full season since 3 years ago. What a waste of the DUST chip. Still no #2 option for Dirk, still no post player other than Dirk who can score, still undersized at SG (Jones is 6'4") which means we have to start Kidd at PG even though he's 90 and can't guard anything that moves, still one of the oldest teams in the league, etc. Blah.

JordansBulls
07-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Denver signed Al Harrington...

Yes, but he is more of a role player.