PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte trades Tyson Chandler, Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier/Carroll/Najera

king4day
07-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll and Najera

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Guess they feel they'd rather have Dampier, who's always more healthy than Chandler. Also a bit better offensively.

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
wtf . . . gay

what54!?
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
this has to be a move for cap relief. The bobcats are trying to be players in next years FA I guess. They want carmelo :shrug:

Raps08-09 Champ
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
**** you Jordan.

We could have had him.

king4day
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
this has to be a move for cap relief. The bobcats are trying to be players in next years FA I guess. They want carmelo :shrug:

Chandler was an expiring also. Maybe they can buy out the other two and save now.
I doubt there's any chance Melo will come to Charlotte but on the local news last night they mentioned the Bobcats will want to make a run at him.

PLAYERS FAN
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Good for Bobcats and Mavericks as well.

Cullksinikers
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I guess it was a good trade for both parties.

jaded01
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Dampier's contract was apparently less valuable than expected... Charlotte will be buying him out... and he will return to the Mavs. Cuban is going to have a sick front court Dirk, Heywood, Chandler, Dampier. That team just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Lake_Show2416
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
This trade is so pointless

Denver-boy
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
The Bobcats have reportedly pulled out of a trade that would have sent center Tyson Chandler to Toronto.

Chandler may have actually been the sticking point, as the Bobcats don't have enough frontcourt depth to absorb his absence. His expiring contract is also a valuable trade chip, and Charlotte obviously wants to make the most of it.

-roto

The Bobcats have canceled the reported trade that would have sent Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in exchange for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans.

Team owner Michael Jordan apparently had second thoughts about giving up Tyson Chandler, leading to an 11th hour retraction. He's not helping his image as a fumbling executive, and the Bobcats are still left without a starter-quality point guard. Back to the drawing board.

CBCable
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
i hate, hate, hate this trade for the mavs.

Mochalman
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
make the mavs a good contender against the lakers..... just need to get past the spurs :)

zambo4president
07-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Uhhh... why?

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
and they claimed they wanted to hold back Dampier from the Al Jefferson trade. I'm scratching my head on this one for the Mavs.

AI4MVP
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
hm. brandon haywood and tyson chandler on the seem team. thats good big man depth

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
haha dampier more healthier than Chandler

no way OP

AntwanN21
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
So let me get this straight, the bobcats lose Front Court depth by losing Chandler and will not be keeping Dampier. Why not just let Chandlers contract run out? This also leaves them without a point guard. I don't think Carrol can run the point, probobly Augustine then?

Slimsim
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Any trade that any team does is going to look like **** compare to what Miami done this off season.

black1605
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
im speechless...i assume another deal is in the works

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Great work Dallas front office... thanks for the nothing offseason.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
what is Dallas smoking? They passed on Al Jefferson because they thought they could get something better with Dampier and then they get Chandler? wtf?

uws
07-13-2010, 03:06 PM
??

McPeak92
the great valued Dust chip strikes!!!!!!

Young2Kinsler
We want Tyson Chandler over Big Al since he's an expiring I guess. Maybe mark is setting his sights on next offseason.

JordansBulls
07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
**** you Jordan.

We could have had him.

:)

Still.I.Rise
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
:mad: Are you kidding me :facepalm: I was liking the idea of having Chandler in Toronto:mad:

CBCable
what is Dallas smoking? They passed on Al Jefferson because they thought they could get something better with Dampier and then they get Chandler? wtf?

minny walked away because they refused to take on carrolls or stevensons contract w/ damps contract in return for jefferson.

but like i said, i hate the trade.

Rapsjaysleafs
Does MJ know about this?

He might say no at the last second

black1605
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
so how much of Dampiers's deal is guaranteed?

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
like trade for mavs, hate it for bobcats.

king4day
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM

no way OP

I dunno my friend. Chandler likes to miss games like Kobe like rings.

Rivera
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Chandler was an expiring also. Maybe they can buy out the other two and save now.
I doubt there's any chance Melo will come to Charlotte but on the local news last night they mentioned the Bobcats will want to make a run at him.

y not??? its MJ and Melo is the face of Jordan Brand so y not???

Lo Porto
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Dallas mismanages money more than any team I've ever seen.

Lo Porto
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Charlotte spends more money next year because they took back Carroll's deal. What a stupid trade for both.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
so dampier is better than calderon?

come oen.....

CBCable
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
so how much of Dampiers's deal is guaranteed?

none. they cut him and instantly pocket 13m savings. thats what made it such a powerful trade chip, and what makes it so massively disappointing that this is how we used it.

McPeak92
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
does Charlotte use part of the Diaw TPE to match up salaries?

Bwest4prez
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
omfg seriously? cuban WTF are you thinking?.... you would rather have tyson chandler instead of al jefferson? WOW i am about to S h i t a chicken

this better not be the last trade or signing we do, and if the next signing is shaq ... were screwed.. i feel bad for DIrk now

markbutter
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I think this has alot to do with trying to match up to the Lakers. Damp/Chandler/haywood with Dirk at the 3 vs. Artest. It's not like Dirk will have to play alot of defense against Artest and can shoot over him. Not sure what this does for Charlotte if they buy out Damp.

As Dallas, they still have C. Butler's expiring contract and if they resign a bought out Damp, they got Chandler for free and cut salary.

As someone else said regarding AlJeff, Minn didn't want to take back Carroll's and the other guy's contract so Minn was off the board regarding Dallas.

Barracuda
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
U canceled on Calderon , but took Dampier and..... Carrol's contract?.....WOW.... When CHA will stop failing with the trades?

HabsFan87
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Jordans ego got the better of him for this trade... He must want to see Toronto suffer... Lakers fan but thats my theory over all of this..

thephoenixson28
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
So I guess no Shaq for the Mavs.

thedfactor
07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Being a Mavericks fan is straight torture. This makes zero sense. Now we have Haywood, Chandler, Mahinmi, and Ajinca at C...quite the log jam. At least they're young but still

deebee3330
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Jefferson is not a center and i guess this is the best deal they could get for a center. Chandler isn't horrible he played well on the hornets rebounding, blocking, and catching lobbs from CP3. He also played good defense against Duncan a few years back in that series.

Bwest4prez
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
bad trade by both teams. even worse by charolette

D-Block21-Chito
07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
after having tyson chandler on the bulls let me tell you he is not that good... Whatever he did with chris paul was all cp3...Jameer Nelson can not help tyson chandler become a better player

nearyG
07-13-2010, 03:30 PM
what is mj smoking....THEY NEED A POINT GUARD! why would you pass on jose calderon and instead trade chandler and an up-and-comer in Ajinca for eric dampier, najera and carrol (who has one of the worst contracts of all time-handed out originally by the bobcates of course)...this one really boggles my mind...i could understand the calderon deal for diaw and chandler but this? no f'in way...mjs smoking crack

deebee3330
07-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Chandler's deal is expiring

deebee3330
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
after having tyson chandler on the bulls let me tell you he is not that good... Whatever he did with chris paul was all cp3...Jameer Nelson can not help tyson chandler become a better player

Jameer Nelson is not on the Mavs

deuces
07-13-2010, 03:39 PM
ghey

JayHunter
07-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Matt Carrol back in a Bobcats uniform

D-Block21-Chito
Jameer Nelson is not on the Mavs

lol my bad it doesn't matter bro..Even worse am old j kidd... Chandler blows great trade for MJ

netsgiantsyanks
michael jordan is not a good owner he could of had a replacement for raymond felton and a hard nosed pf instead hes going to buy out dampier and get some guy named carroll and eduardo najera?? lo

soonabooma
07-13-2010, 03:43 PM
So Chandler can finally play with another PG again that can throw him some alley oops? Don't underestimate this guy becuz he can still play at a high level when he can stay healthy. He's a good rebounder/shot blocker and he proved when he was with the Hornets that with a good PG, he can be deadly on those alleys. Mavs fans should like this deal. But if they don't like it, we'll take TC off your hands and bring him to OKC.

Carey
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Chandler was an expiring also. Maybe they can buy out the other two and save now.I doubt there's any chance Melo will come to Charlotte but on the local news last night they mentioned the Bobcats will want to make a run at him.

This looks to be the case, ironically they get the bad contract of Matt Carroll back lol

ldc62
07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
How can you back out of a deal like that... Larry Brown wanted a PG and MJ didn't deliver. Good luck with 1 near-decent PG next year. Taking Caroll back when you initially traded him and his bad contract away; just terrible.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I like it for the macs but what people might not realize is this could be huge for the bobcats. They are trig to be players to land Carmelo next year. He and Jordan have a close relationship and he no doubt will press hard to try to convince him to play for his team. But they will need more pieces to make the team look attractive.

STL/Mizzou/DZ
07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
why do this

effen5
07-13-2010, 03:51 PM

HE IS AWFUL. I still remember a game when we were down by 3, Tyson grabbed the rebound and shot a two and the game was over....I facepalmed HARD.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
I belive thu can still get Calderon. They said the deal will be revisited I mean Toronto wants out of his contract and they could just ship out damper and his non guaranteed deal + diaw for Calderon. I'm sure this can be the only move we see this offseason from the bobcats

The Bundyz
07-13-2010, 04:00 PM
wtf Charlotte

black1605
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
one can only help we have something else in the works

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
none. they cut him and instantly pocket 13m savings. thats what made it such a powerful trade chip, and what makes it so massively disappointing that this is how we used it.

Wrong, he has a 2 Mil buyout, so it's 11 mil in savings.

North Yorker
07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
MJ fooked up big time, now they still need to give up assets/ money for a starting PG...
why the hell wouldn't he take Calderon and an expiring Reggie Evans over this garbage ???
1st kwame, then morrison , now this lol

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM

You really have no clue. I hate this trade, I do, but you just need to be quiet.

We traded an expiring of a player who literally can do nothing anymore for an expiring who might have a little value, and DUMPED 11 million in Matt Carrol on the Bobcats...

Please in what alternate universe is that mismanaging money?

CBCable
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Wrong, he has a 2 Mil buyout, so it's 11 mil in savings.

Wrong.

Quote:

"After July 10, 2010, a team can trade for Dampier (and give Dallas the ability to trade-match a salary up to $16.4475 million) ... and then that team can immediately release Dampier. The new team gets the payroll, cap and perhaps the lux-tax relief without ever having to spend a dime for a contract that is on the books at $13 million."

Link:http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=3059

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Dampier's contract has a 2 million dollar buyout, no matter what that crap website says.

CBCable
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Dampier's contract has a 2 million dollar buyout, no matter what that crap website says.

Dude. There is no buyout.

Once again,
Quote from last year:

"Dampier's contract next summer will be similar, and could be even more marketable than Stack's, because on Damp's there is no buyout required to waive him, and his contract will be about twice as big as Stack's is. Double the contract can equal double the savings for the other team. "

Link: http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1810

And that "crap website" is the most comprehensive Mavs site in the world. Maybe you should read a little before you run your mouth.

And

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Dampier's contract was apparently less valuable than expected... Charlotte will be buying him out... and he will return to the Mavs. Cuban is going to have a sick front court Dirk, Heywood, Chandler, Dampier. That team just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

I doubt that. The Bobcats need a Center. Between Dampier and Nazr they should be....ok.

Young2Kinsler
The Bobcats will probably turn around and trade Dampiers contract for something better than Tyson Chandler. Horrible deal both ways, but worse for the Mavs.

Mplsman
I like it, a nice move for Dallas.

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
We have 4 Centers on our roster... there is no room for Dampier here.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM
basically what charolette is telling their fans..

we are a poorly runned franchise and we dont care to win :)

I love how they all bashed calderon and then trade for this crap.

guess time will tell which trade wouldve been better.

black1605
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
basically what charolette is telling their fans..

we are a poorly runned franchise and we dont care to win :)

I love how they all bashed calderon and then trade for this crap.

guess time will tell which trade wouldve been better.

I think they would tell us in better English, but who knows. I think we have to have something else in the works, but maybe not. Like you said, time will tell.

roshan3ai
07-13-2010, 04:27 PM
They're similar players. I guess it gives Charlotte more cap options though

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Dude. There is no buyout.

Once again,
Quote from last year:

"Dampier's contract next summer will be similar, and could be even more marketable than Stack's, because on Damp's there is no buyout required to waive him, and his contract will be about twice as big as Stack's is. Double the contract can equal double the savings for the other team. "

Link: http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1810

And that "crap website" is the most comprehensive Mavs site in the world. Maybe you should read a little before you run your mouth.

And

That website is nothing more than speculation articles from a Mavs homer. They know little more than the average joe when it comes to ACTUAL facts. It's a glorified message board.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I think they would tell us in better English, but who knows. I think we have to have something else in the works, but maybe not. Like you said, time will tell.

Al Harrington is the Mavericks' #1 target as they look to spend their mid-level exception, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

The Mavs just landed Tyson Chandler for next to nothing, which should end speculation that they're trying to sign Shaquille O'Neal. Harrington can play both SF and PF and might find himself filling out a crazy-deep bench if he ultimately signs with Dallas.
Source: Marc Stein via Twitter

NEXT TO NOTHING! :)

black1605
07-13-2010, 04:33 PM
NBA TV is discussing swapping Diaw for Calderon straight up.

netsgiantsyanks
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
NBA TV is discussing swapping Diaw for Calderon straight up.

they should

CBCable
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
That website is nothing more than speculation articles from a Mavs homer. They know little more than the average joe when it comes to ACTUAL facts. It's a glorified message board.

It is speculation articles from Mavs homers based SOLELY in actual facts.

Such as the FACT that there is no 2mil buyout on Damp's contract.

Here is an ESPN article that confirms it as well, since DB.com doesn't do it for you:

Quote: "The Bobcats will waive Dampier and reap the $13 million savings. Dampier will then become an unrestricted free agent and it is not expected that he will return to Dallas, a source with knowledge of Dampier's thinking said, which would end his six-year stint with the franchise."

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4670091/bigger-plans-than-simply-chandler-and-a-project

We are obviously both Mavs fans who are upset at this trade, but no reason to turn on each other.

We done here?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Love it!!!!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
We are obviously both Mavs fans who are upset at this trade, but no reason to turn on each other.

how could you possibly be mad at this trade?!?!?!!?! damp is so trash and has been sitting on our bench making 10 mil a year.... he is worse than shawn bradley was, no bullsh*t

CBCable
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
how could you possibly be mad at this trade?!?!?!!?! damp is so trash and has been sitting on our bench making 10 mil a year.... he is worse than shawn bradley was, no bullsh*t

Not upset at trading Damp, or acquiring Chandler. I like Chandler. Just upset at using Damp's super valuable contract in a trade to get Chandler, as opposed to a larger impact player.

rapsallday
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
plus their waving Dampier...what the **** is mj doing????

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM

You don't know alot about the Mavs if you think this was a good trade. Dampier was hyped up as this huge trade piece, and we got an injured backup center for him.

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Al Harrington is the Mavericks' #1 target as they look to spend their mid-level exception, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

The Mavs just landed Tyson Chandler for next to nothing, which should end speculation that they're trying to sign Shaquille O'Neal. Harrington can play both SF and PF and might find himself filling out a crazy-deep bench if he ultimately signs with Dallas.
Source: Marc Stein via Twitter

NEXT TO NOTHING! :)

Harrington can't really play SF if you ask me. I'm trying to figure out why we would give the MLE to a player who literally MIGHT get 12 minutes per game. There is no room for another big on this roster now, but with the crap offseason we have had, I guess getting Harrington makes sense to our merry band of misfits in the front office.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
You don't know alot about the Mavs if you think this was a good trade. Dampier was hyped up as this huge trade piece, and we got an injured backup center for him.

you obviously havent been watching the past 5 years...

it was a better trade than, uhhhh... NOT trading him and letting him sit it through... i do see your point but this isnt devin harris for jason kidd bad... just another mediocre move by the idiot cuban.. thats all.. and thats all we will ever get

drobe86
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
and they claimed they wanted to hold back Dampier from the Al Jefferson trade. I'm scratching my head on this one for the Mavs.

Because Al Jefferson is owed 42 million. And if he was worth it, the TWolves wouldnt have shopped him. Also he plays the same position as Dirk so would he come off the bench? Please dont tell me you would play him at center because he doesn't defend. This is a good trade for the Mavs. You can NEVER have enough big men in this league. Best of all we got rid of the awful Matt Carroll lol....

drobe86
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Y2k I really think you are underestimating the value of quality big men in this league. Sure Al Jefferson is a better "name" but hes certainly not a player of NEED for Dallas. I think he would more or less hurt Dirk more than he would have helped. Getting Tyson Chandler gives us a big that can DEFEND. Something we just flat out didn't do up until last year, and Dampier is wildly overpaid and inconsistent. This is by no means a sexy trade but boy it makes us better. And thats all that matters....

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Y2k I really think you are underestimating the value of quality big men in this league. Sure Al Jefferson is a better "name" but hes certainly not a player of NEED for Dallas. I think he would more or less hurt Dirk more than he would have helped. Getting Tyson Chandler gives us a big that can DEFEND. Something we just flat out didn't do up until last year, and Dampier is wildly overpaid and inconsistent. This is by no means a sexy trade but boy it makes us better. And thats all that matters....

yes.... thats what im sayin.. i dont know where else you wanted to go with damp that would have been that much better.... as long as that lump of trash isnt on our team anymore it coulda been for adam morrison

Suns4ever67
07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Haywood and Chandler can both run, have offensive upside and are far superior defenders and rebounders than Dampier. Dampier just clogged the lanes and made it tough for his own team to drive to the hoop, and was inept at the foul line to boot.

Dallas plans to run a lot more this year with Dampier gone. Haywood will start and Chandler will spell him and stay healthy for the playoffs, when he will be needed against the likes of Portland, San Antonio, and LA.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
true that... look at how badly boston needed all four of their bigs in those playoffs... this is a nice move imo, mavs fans should be happy.. sure he's no al jefferson, but damp is no tyson chandller

HallofFameKidd
07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
Any trade that any team does is going to look like **** compare to what Miami done this off season.
This! :nod:

KING.WADE.BOSH
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
jordan was scared of seeing tc and bd in a raps uniform they would have spanked the bobkittys every game they played in .. what a shame tho raps would have been sick with them two..

grega1976
07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
pointless.... one bad C for another bad C... move along nothing to see here!

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 05:34 PM

Didn't really want Jefferson, but this team has 4 C's on their roster now, and still no real starting SG. Dallas needed a scorer for the Dampier contract, Dirk still has no help carrying the load every night.

29$JerZ
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
What is Michael doing?

Basically he wasted getting a 1st rounder for Ajinca back then, got back Matt Carroll who was signed to that bad deal from Charlotte and now Najera?

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
who tha **** is that in ya sig grega? LOL good lord, a white version of serena

futureman
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Ok this was obviously an impluse move in reaction to the mavs not getting Jefferson. My only question is if they did want to give Dampier for Jefferson, why did they give him for Chandler and Ajencia? Pretty stupid on the mavs front but fortunate for the Jazz.

Mavrix
07-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Don't know if this has been stated yet, but I know what Mark Cuban was thinking when he made this deal. There are no more franchise changing players out there right now so he traded Dampier's expiring deal for Chandler, who's 13 mil contract will expire next year. Why not trade for a better center and know you can get something of worth for him next season?

ntat
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM

no way OP

hahaha more healthier...

Dallas Tx4Life
they need to make some sort of deal for someone like jrich... any chance at a marion-richardson deal? somethin along those lines would be so perfect... for us

Dallas Tx4Life
hahaha more healthier...

hes more better too!!

jaded01
07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Don't know if this has been stated yet, but I know what Mark Cuban was thinking when he made this deal. There are no more franchise changing players out there right now so he traded Dampier's expiring deal for Chandler, who's 13 mil contract will expire next year. Why not trade for a better center and know you can get something of worth for him next season?

he traded a contract that can expire now... for the same contract that can expire next year + dumping carrol's bad contract. he's probably going to pedal the chandler expiring deal for something at the deadline. what would be really funny is if he traded chandler + butler and others for cp3 and okafur.

97NYer
07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Chandler is expiring and is a great backup for Haywood. Safe.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
he traded a contract that can expire now... for the same contract that can expire next year + dumping carrol's bad contract. he's probably going to pedal the chandler expiring deal for something at the deadline. what would be really funny is if he traded chandler + butler and others for cp3 and okafur.

wouldnt we would need to offer alot more than chandler and butler...

Young2Kinsler
07-13-2010, 06:14 PM

Next season? No

This isn't a Dampier situation, if you don't deal Chandler at the deadline, you get nothing at the end of the season, unless it's a sign and trade.

CBCable
07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Chandler is expiring and is a great backup for Haywood. Safe.

You're right, I'm softening on this trade a bit. Dumped two bad contracts and just learned per Hollinger that we also received a 6.8 mil tpe from the deal.

So, good basketball/business trade.

thekmp211
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
make the mavs a good contender against the lakers..... just need to get past the spurs :)

nooot quite.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 06:23 PM
1.lakers
2. mavs or thunder

thats it.. i still think we should try n trade terry and marion for a good 2 guard

Bigbadmoffo
07-13-2010, 06:30 PM

This trade is so pointless. It doesn't help anyone, Dallas has lost depth and Charlotte lost great potential.

bigsams50
07-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Who is the great potential Charlotte lost?^

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 06:35 PM
and how did we lose depth? carroll?!?! come on man use ya head

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Not good bball wise but we had to get some cap relief so I'm ok with this. Im suprised the macs couldn't get more for Dampiers super expiring.

LOL at the Raps fans who said other GMs weren't going to deal with MJ now

jaded01
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
wouldnt we would need to offer alot more than chandler and butler...

the only reason paul is getting traded is money... and to get him you need to eat the abomination that is okafur's contract. so the mavs now have 25+ million in expirings. not saying it will happen, but it gives them options

HouRealCoach
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Got an upgrade over Dampier, and gave them Carroll back

BTW what ever happened to Diop?

LTBaByyy
07-13-2010, 07:56 PM
This trade is so pointless. It doesn't help anyone, Dallas has lost depth and Charlotte lost great potential.

Lost depth????? haha

You must not watch the mavs, this gives us depth!!!!