PDA

View Full Version : Beanie Wells

Luxy312
07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Guys. I wondered what fans of the Cardinals are hearing about Beanie Wells from organized activities so far. Is there any information that suggests the type of role that he's going to have with the offense? Is he still expected to share a bunch of carries with other backs or is this the year that he becomes "the guy". Just curious.

broncosfan4ever
07-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Not a Cards fan but I watch them a lot living where I do. I think Beanie Wells will have a huge role in this season. He is the key for success with Warner and Boldin gone. However it is still going to RB by committee, with him sharing touches with Tim Hightower. Wells is very one dimensional, run straight forward and don't look back. Hightower has some speed, elusiveness, power, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. He had 63 receptions last year. So I think that Wells will get 2/3 out of the carries, with Hightower getting the other 1/3 and being the 3rd down back.

punchlebecq
07-15-2010, 11:28 AM
With no surefire QB to run the show (Leinarts out - but Fordham stud John Skelton just signed) the running game has to have its stock raised. Alan Faneca moved from the Jets to Ariz and should be creating semi sized holes for the crew to run through.

Consider that Ariz has the #1 easiest schedule for RB's against defenses and Id say that as long as the Bean can stay healthy hell be top 10 by the end of the season.

Dont draft Fitzgerald in the first round. And if a passing game comes around. Early Doucet is a late round flier.

Pigskin forever,

Punch

KiNgSuNs1
07-16-2010, 01:18 AM
beanie is going to be fun to watch. Hes got one year under his belt and not dealing with any injuries like last year. This is his break out seasos. He will start off with the same amount as hightower but he will leave him behind with production.