PDA

View Full Version : New Ideas for allstar weekend

Kyben36
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
everyone knows that things need to be spiced up. Horse was a decent eddition, but there are only so many trick shots you can do. so This thread is to think of New ideas for the allstar weekend, and I think I have the answer.

Here is my idea. about every 5 years, instead of having an actual allstar game, we have something I would like to call, a Conference tournament. here is the way it works, each conference, would ellect 5 starters to play in a small tournament. for example, the Northwest 5 might look like

Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durrant
Carmello Anthony
Nene

Each game would last 20 minutes, 2 quarters, winer moves on in the tournament, seeing as there are 3 conferences in the east and the west, the division with the overall best recod would have a Bye, which would be calculated by adding all the teams in that conference's records together, and seeing which conference has the most wins.

The tournament would consist of 5 games, over the course of the weekend. the braket might look like this, 1,2 and 5 being the east, and 3,4 and 6 being the west, 5 and 6 having byes for the best record. (http://www.printyourbrackets.com/images/bracket6sthumb%20copy.jpg)

This is mearly an idea, but I think it would add some spice to the allstar game every few years, the same thing is getting tiresome. they need a change.

Post your ideas here, we could sure use them.

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
The Coach's Game, most of coach's are still in shape enugh to play a friendly pick-up game. Coach's From East v West. With the MVP from the 2 confrence finals the year before as the coach's.

The Ref's game, have a game of NBA officials playing with a few players as the Ref's

A Midgit v Dwarf game, everybody loves little people.

The Cheer leader Game, each team sends 1 cheer leader to play, Coach's and
Ref's are lucky fans that win a $1 online charity raffle for some NBA charity. they will play in there cheer leader outfit. People would love this.

The mascot game.

The Future Game, have the year before's NCAA Championship(even if some players in NBA they still can play) v the bench from the NBA champions the year before say a 20 minute game.

An owner three point contest or horse or something.

The NBA should have a East and West award for MVP, Rookie of Year and 6th man.
The ones from the previous year could play a 3 on 3 game.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
No more west vs east.

Semifinals Team Usa vs Nccaa allstar team Foreing Nba allstars vs euroleague allstars.

final between the winners.

*Silver&Black*
07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Division 5 on 5 games would be dope.

SouthEast Team:

D-Wade
Joe Johnson
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

or

Lebron James (running point)
D-Wade
Josh Smith
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

I would put John Wall, but being a rookie, he'll have the rookie game.

fins08
07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
good ideas

bholly
07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
I like the mini-tournament ideas, but instead of divisions they should just let players form their own teams with whoever they want. Every few years just have a mini tournament where LBJ/Wade/Bosh can play against Melo/CP3/whoever else and maybe someone could start a team of 7 footers, or all the Euros could get together or something. Not every year, because it will lose its fun, but maybe every two or three years.

The problem is, of course, that the players just like All Star weekend to be about relaxing and getting a chance to do easy fun stuff then play a fun no-defense game on Sunday night. Any mini tournaments are going to suck, cause they'll either play completely half assed, or not play at all.

Lu's Dynasty
07-13-2010, 10:12 PM
There are some cool ideas in here. I think that a game of Slam Dunk H-O-R-S-E would be cooler than the game of H-O-R-S-E they play now. Maybe make it a game of P-I-G and have more contestants.

Also maybe a game where two players face off and see who can score the most in one minute? We used to do that in gym class and at bball practices occasionally. This should be fun to see what people come up with though.

_KB24_
07-13-2010, 10:15 PM
No way we should have a Euro league team come play. They would flop even in a game that doesn't count! :laugh2:

Human FlameShld
07-13-2010, 10:30 PM

49GiantWarriors
07-13-2010, 10:39 PM
A dunk contest with 8 total dunkers 4 nba dunkers and 4 street dunkers. Then each nba player pairs up with a street dunker. They have to total the pairs scores and the pair with the highest score wins.

Oakley's Fist
07-13-2010, 10:46 PM
US allstars vs Foreign allstars game.

B.JenningsMVP
07-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Lay-Up contest
Coaches play in a game against eachother... West Coaches vs East Coaches