PDA

View Full Version : Best managed off-season ever? (minus the overspending of course)

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't know but this off-season has for every reason been the most entertaining probably in the history of the league. But also I am really happy as an NBA fan to see so many teams that were already good just get better or are really looking to. Accross the board the trades that are being made seem in some way or the other benefit both parties involved and really set things for an interesting 2010-2011 season. Teams like the Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Bucks, are playoffs teams from last year that got really better with thier signings this offseason.

In your guys opinion (minus the overspending) has this off-season's transactions been well managed by the managers of various teams across the board?

christexaport
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
People will hate, but I like Dallas' moves. They were contenders for James/Wade, and still are contenders for many other free agents. They signed the top center and second best PF (or best, in my opinion...), and still have flexibility to make more moves. They are candidates for CP3 now as well should a deal get made.

Dallas retooled without sacrificing talent and winning. Only LA has done better, in my opinion.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
People will hate, but I like Dallas' moves. They were contenders for James/Wade, and still are contenders for many other free agents. They signed the top center and second best PF (or best, in my opinion...), and still have flexibility to make more moves. They are candidates for CP3 now as well should a deal get made.

Dallas retooled without sacrificing talent and winning. Only LA has done better, in my opinion.

So you have LA first? Why may I ask? Because they retained Fish?

And Dallas is 2nd because they signed Haywood?? And was able to keep Dirk?

Other teams added Amare, Bosh & Lebron, Boozer & Korver and Dallas's offseason is better because they got Haywood?

MG3
07-13-2010, 02:32 PM
The heat are the obvious answer but also the bulls. If they can get redick, they can be a top team in the east.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
The heat are the obvious answer but also the bulls. If they can get redick, they can be a top team in the east.

Redick doesn't put them past the Heat, Magic, or C's. Bulls are still a 4 seed at best, but they do still have some money to work with, and if they can land Josh Howard (and he isn't a bum) and bring back big Brad, then their depth has to put them in contention, especially with the magic losing a few pieces, Miami having 0 depth, and Boston another year older.

Rivera
07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
top 3 offseason PAPER champs (soo far)

1) Miami Heat
2) Chicago Bulls
3) New York Knicks

i didnt include dallas bc the basically resigned 2 players
LA retained fish and brought in blake if they woulda got miller they would b on this list

the last descion was bt knicks/bucks i like them addin maggette and gooden to there playoff team but the knicks made more moves felton/azubuike/randolph/turiaf/amare

3 worst offseasons

1) cleveland cavs
2) Orlando Magic
3) Los Angeles Clipps

i chose orlando #2 bc Miami got a lot better and they were exposed vs boston and needed to make 1 move to reach the finals and they may loose reddik and barnes and only gain Q and Duhon? they need to used VCs expiring deal 2 make a SPLASH

clipps = capspace = no moves typical LAC

ronaldsmith_86
07-13-2010, 02:42 PM
I like the bulls moves

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
The Bulls management deserve an A+ for all that they have done this offseason. Thing is they still aren't finished.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Redick doesn't put them past the Heat, Magic, or C's. Bulls are still a 4 seed at best, but they do still have some money to work with, and if they can land Josh Howard (and he isn't a bum) and bring back big Brad, then their depth has to put them in contention, especially with the magic losing a few pieces, Miami having 0 depth, and Boston another year older.

very good analysis there bro. Said about all i was going to say.