PDA

View Full Version : Which Big 3 is the best?

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Which Big 3 will go down as the best combo in NBA history?

1. Bucks: Ray Allen, Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson, Sam Cassell

2. Celtics: Kevin "ANYTHINGISPOSSIBLE" Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce

3. Heat: LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Is this a joke?

Gimme the Heat...

If KG, Ray and PP were together when they were in their mid twenties and all had 6 year deals it may have been close.

m26555
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Can we wait until James, Wade, and Bosh actually play a GAME together before we start these comparisons?

clehmun
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
are you serious for putting the bucks big 3 in there?

jordan pippen rodman. pippen doesn't get enough credit, and rodman almost gets none.

Russell_Roberts
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
u must not watch ball before the 2000's?

Stunner
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
which big 3 will go down as the best combo in nba history?

1. Bucks: Ray allen, glenn "big dog" robinson, sam cassell
2. Celtics: Kevin "anythingispossible" garnett, ray allen, paul pierce

3. Heat: Lebron james, dwayne wade, chris bosh

wtf

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I will take the one with the 2 best players in the world at the same time lineup, with a sprinkle of a top 15 player in it.

Chacarron
07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I'd take Magic, Kareem and Worthy over any of those 3.

ShakeN'Bake
07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Scal, Bonner, Madsen

NeutralFan
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Kobe, Pau and Bynum

Green Storm
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and James Worthy.

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Kobe, Pau and Bynum

Wow I am now Chad Henne's biggest fan

sjubinville
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Can we wait until James, Wade, and Bosh actually play a GAME together before we start these comparisons?

Exactly what I thought... They haven't played a game yet, so therefor, I'll take the Celtics' Big 3. The have proved to be A TEAM and not just big NAMES. Not saying that Lebron and Wade.. aaah and Bosh :facepalm:... are juste big names, but until they play a game together, I'll take Boston's Big 3

69centers
07-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Vote here:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507486

Sorry, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell aren't worthy of being in consideration.

Infamous916
Or you could put the original big 3 in there and actually have a real debate!

Hawkeye15
Kobe, Pau and Bynum

that chick is beyond fine

rapjuicer06
07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
pippen gets toooo much credit if you ask me. jordan was the effing man. pippen was a role player, a damn good one don't get me wrong. but their was a reason why mj was making 35 mil and pipper was making 2 mil. mj would have still been mj with out scottie. scottie was NOTHING with out mj...

NeutralFan
07-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Wow I am now Chad Henne's biggest fan

haha. I've been hearing that a lot

Tony_Starks
07-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I give props for recognizing Sam, the Big Dog and Ray. Say what you want but in their young hayday that was a cold big 3 with Robinson on the box, Ray on the wing and Sam orchestrating the show.....

but anyway I'd roll with Kobe, Gasol, and Ron Ron. Perfect balance of offense and defense....

king4day
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Jordan, Pippen, Rodman should be over that bucks 3. They don't belong there.

Of the 3, I'd give it to the Heat. If the Celtics had this team years ago, I might consider them.

Regardless, the Heat need to play a year before really being able to crown anyone.

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 01:53 PM
here's a 4th option you can vote for:
chad henne
chad henne
chad henne

go....

NYKalltheway
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM

Allan Houston, Lattrell Sprewell, Larry Johnson>>>>Bucks trio

:cool:

dnewguy
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM

:speechless:

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Vote here:

yes, for the record; this was meant to be a joke.....
i suppose we should include Kobe, Bynum & Gasol. But I think if you include them you need to include Jordan + Pippen + ? no? Bynum really hasn't been a big star. He's been a shell of himself due to injury. I think the point of arguement in comparing Big 3's is having 3 elite stars at the time signed together.

when PP, KG & Ray Allen signed together it was a big deal, same for the Heat.
and YES, we are only discussing modern basketball.

PitSportsFan86
07-13-2010, 02:13 PM
ok for all of you who are even considering the 3 idiots of miami, they first need to play together!! also the bucks are garbage and the only time they were ever good was when they had oscar robertson and lew alcindor (a.k.a. kareem abdul jabar)! also i have yet to see mention of bird parish and mchale who are the original big 3 and the best...granted the lakers won more championships in the 80's but i don think they ever had a big 3, they were magic and kareem, worthy is an all time though

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Vote here:

I'm confused; why aren't the Bucks Big 3 able to be voted for?

Hellbound
07-13-2010, 02:22 PM
pippen gets toooo much credit if you ask me. jordan was the effing man. pippen was a role player, a damn good one don't get me wrong. but their was a reason why mj was making 35 mil and pipper was making 2 mil. mj would have still been mj with out scottie. scottie was NOTHING with out mj...

Yes but Pippen did lead the Bulls to within 1 game of the finals the year Jordan retired. IMO he was way more than a role player. If given the chance I think he could of been "the man" on any team in his prime. As for big 3's that we're talking about I would put RunTMC up there. Those 3 at Golden State were devastating & don't get enough credit. At least way ahead of the Bucks.

Ticket Guy
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM

This is the stupidest intro I've ever seen, how is Allen, Cassell in the same post with the other two? Where's Jordan, Magic, Bird? LOL

rapjuicer06
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Yes but Pippen did lead the Bulls to within 1 game of the finals the year Jordan retired. IMO he was way more than a role player. If given the chance I think he could of been "the man" on any team in his prime. As for big 3's that we're talking about I would put RunTMC up there. Those 3 at Golden State were devastating & don't get enough credit. At least way ahead of the Bucks.

naw...pippen was a good roll player. could he take over games at time? yea, he very well could. but he could not carry a team any where close to what jordan could, or wade, or lebron...pippen was made by jordan.

greek miami hea
07-13-2010, 04:02 PM
of course wade,lebron.bosh

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
What about Dumars, Thomas and Laimbere?
What about Jordan, Pippen and Rodman?
What about Kareem Magic and Worthy?
Bird Parish and McHale?
Chamberlain, West and Baylor (or Goodrich, I guess they were more like the Fantastic Four than the Big Three).
Russell, Cousy and Sharman? Or Heinsohn).
Or Russell, Havlicek and Jones?
Or Havlicek, Cowens and Jo Jo White?
Or Hakeem, Pippen, Barkley and Drexler. My bad, that's four.

And what about Kareem and Oscar Roberston, the duo so good they could beat any 'big three'?

Anyways, this "big three" thing is getting tired. But for some reason and i cant stop reading these posts!

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
naw...pippen was a good roll player. could he take over games at time? yea, he very well could. but he could not carry a team any where close to what jordan could, or wade, or lebron...pippen was made by jordan.

I've seen Pippen take over games. He was an MVP candidate the year Jordan first retired, and most fans thought the Bulls would be in the lottery without MJ and Pippen got them to a game 7 against a heavily favoured Knicks team. Pippen IS a proven leader.

As for carrying a team, or a game, I havent seen Bosh do it myself to be honest. I remember the New Jersey/Toronto series, he was working hard, but he could take over the game. I love the guy, but there is a reason Toronot hasnt been out of the first round with him and have had a hard time even making the playoffs with him. Part of it is the players around him, but part of it is Bosh's inability to be the kind of momentum changer in a game that Pippen, Jordan AND Rodman all were. Rodman would come up with huge defensive stops and big time offensive boards, and Jordan and Pippen came up with game changing defensive plays and while both were good passers, Pippen just knew how to swing the ball to the open guy and Jordan just knew how to get point when they needed it (though the officials were generous with MJ and Pippen).

The Smurf
07-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Who care about this silly poll. Chad Henne Jersey is the ultimate thread saver here.

netsgiantsyanks
07-13-2010, 04:43 PM
**** that kenyon martin, jason kidd, and richard jefferson FTW :rock:

soonabooma
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Homer pick- Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Dwight "Superman" Howard

:D

Dallas Tx4Life
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
its definitely lebron wade n bosh

ntat
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
are you serious for putting the bucks big 3 in there?

jordan pippen rodman. pippen doesn't get enough credit, and rodman almost gets none.

Pippen is on the list of 50 GOAT. He gets plenty of credit!

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Lol the bucks.....

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Why do you even have the trio of Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell in there? They never won a championship.
The common wisdom is that the NBA only gets more competitive with time. Condering that LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade are three of the best players in today's NBA (and Kobe's getting somewhat old), they will most likely be the best trio.

P.S.: Why not pick a trio of Celtics before the one-and-done Garnett dynasty?

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Why do you even have the trio of Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell in there? They never won a championship.
The common wisdom is that the NBA only gets more competitive with time. Considering that LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade are three of the best players in today's NBA (and Kobe's getting somewhat old), they will most likely be the best trio.

P.S.: Why not pick a trio of Celtics before the one-and-done Garnett dynasty?

Bowski
07-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I personally would have to go with Darius, Q, and Maggette on the Clippers!

Back when they gave each other horns after every basket they made! I think Q still does it.

Fireworld
07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
So, Ray is on two of the three "all time top three" teams?
Fail.

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I personally would have to go with Darius, Q, and Maggette on the Clippers!

Back when they gave each other horns after every basket they made! I think Q still does it.

yesss! the horns! hilarious. someone is getting the point of this post, a little humor. for those of you who were angered by the Bucks suggested it was simply made in humor.

we were looking to debate the modener Big 3's. no disrespect to the Lakers, Pistons, Bulls out there.

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Who care about this silly poll. Chad Henne Jersey is the ultimate thread saver here.

another excellent quote.
big 3?

chad henne
chad henne
chad henne

fishfan79
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Kobe, Pau and Bynum

love your sig can bounce quarters off that all day long :clap:

Didnt even notice the thread besides this

Jack Daniels
07-13-2010, 07:17 PM
What about Dumars, Thomas and Laimbere?
What about Jordan, Pippen and Rodman?
What about Kareem Magic and Worthy?
Bird Parish and McHale?
Chamberlain, West and Baylor (or Goodrich, I guess they were more like the Fantastic Four than the Big Three).
Russell, Cousy and Sharman? Or Heinsohn).
Or Russell, Havlicek and Jones?
Or Havlicek, Cowens and Jo Jo White?
Or Hakeem, Pippen, Barkley and Drexler. My bad, that's four.

And what about Kareem and Oscar Roberston, the duo so good they could beat any 'big three'?

Anyways, this "big three" thing is getting tired. But for some reason and i cant stop reading these posts!

This.... Thanks you for posting these and saving me having to type any out. I seriously think the thread poster needs to watch some film of the NBA prior to 1998...

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Stephen Curry
Monta Ellis
David Lee

In reality they have a big 5 though:
Stephen Curry
Monta Ellis
David Lee
Andris Beidrins
Ekpe Udoh

jackdawson
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I will take the one with the 2 best players in the world at the same time lineup, with a sprinkle of a top 15 player in it.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Ezekial
07-13-2010, 07:38 PM
wtf

Your sig = too dirty.

Ezekial
07-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Kobe > Wade.........Hell:
Kobe > Lebron for that matter.

How can 2 players be the best 2 players in the world if there is 1 player better than both of them?

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman > Wade, Lebron, Bosh

Period.

That team 3 peated. Hell think if Rodman was on the Bulls and Jordan didn't play baseball. Continuing from the first 3 peat, we're talkin a minimum 8-peat.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will never 3 peat, ever..... guaranteed. The may win 1 or 2 in a row max. But they will never, EVER, 3 peat.

jackdawson
07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Kobe > Wade.........Hell:
Kobe > Lebron for that matter.

How can 2 players be the best 2 players in the world if there is 1 player better than both of them?

Jordan, Pippen, Rodman > Wade, Lebron, Bosh

Period.

That team 3 peated. Hell think if Rodman was on the Bulls and Jordan didn't play baseball. Continuing from the first 3 peat, we're talkin a minimum 8-peat.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will never 3 peat, ever..... guaranteed. The may win 1 or 2 in a row max. But they will never, EVER, 3 peat.

LOL. Are you God? Or the 2nd coming of Jesus? Get over with it. Don't let bitterness take over personal life.

jules77
07-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Celtics they got ring!

Ezekial
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
LOL. Are you God? Or the 2nd coming of Jesus? Get over with it. Don't let bitterness take over personal life.

Are you God?

Why are you claiming this to be the best "Big 3" ever, and they haven't even tied they Jordans?

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM
This.... Thanks you for posting these and saving me having to type any out. I seriously think the thread poster needs to watch some film of the NBA prior to 1998...

we were discussing "modern big 3's". the bucks line was a joke.
chad henne is the real winner here today

TheWrightStuff5
07-13-2010, 10:31 PM
:facepalm: The guys have not even played together yet... Please, I know they are going to be good but can they get a ring (or 6) first? I want to see some chemistry first...

Seriously the only 2 names I want to see next to Vin Baker when talking big 3 are Betty Crocker and Baskin Robbins... That fat ****

Viper2000
07-13-2010, 11:38 PM
:facepalm: The guys have not even played together yet... Please, I know they are going to be good but can they get a ring (or 6) first? I want to see some chemistry first...

Seriously the only 2 names I want to see next to Vin Baker when talking big 3 are Betty Crocker and Baskin Robbins... That fat ****

Vin Baker! love it; what a reset. that guy was such a big deal

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
The CHeat, but Young KG, Pierce & Allen... WOW... & go Celts

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 12:04 AM
kobe > wade.........hell:
Kobe > lebron for that matter.

Jordan, pippen, rodman > wade, lebron, bosh

period.

That team 3 peated. Hell think if rodman was on the bulls and jordan didn't play baseball. Continuing from the first 3 peat, we're talkin a minimum 8-peat.

Lebron, wade, and bosh will never 3 peat, ever..... Guaranteed. The may win 1 or 2 in a row max. But they will never, ever, 3 peat.

agree

Vidball
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure...but I do think the big two of Kobe and Gasol have accomplished more in the past two seasons than the "big 3" in MIA will accomplish in the next six seasons.

defender4m
07-14-2010, 12:12 AM
heat put of those three but i think some old laker teams can compete with them

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 12:14 AM
kobe > wade.........hell:
Kobe > lebron for that matter.

Jordan, pippen, rodman > wade, lebron, bosh

period.

That team 3 peated. Hell think if rodman was on the bulls and jordan didn't play baseball. Continuing from the first 3 peat, we're talkin a minimum 8-peat.

Lebron, wade, and bosh will never 3 peat, ever..... Guaranteed. The may win 1 or 2 in a row max. But they will never, ever, 3 peat.

agree

PatsSoxKnicks
07-14-2010, 12:49 AM
This is one of the more ridiculous questions I've seen. It's easily the Heat. On that list of players, Garnett was the only player that could have been ever considered a top 3 player when in his prime. But he joined up with Pierce and Allen later.

Wade and Lebron are easily considered top 3 players by practically everyone.

AntiG
07-14-2010, 12:51 AM

A "big 3" cannot form a combo...

mamba24
07-14-2010, 01:13 AM

ok... i cant stand when people say this crap about pippen... due was voted top 50 of all time... he was the best on ball defender in the nba... when jordan retired the first time he led virtually the same bulls team minus jordan to the 3rd round of the playoffs... after jordan retired a second time he took a rockets team that was pretty washed up to the 2nd round (that shouldnt have happened), and then took the blazers to the 3rd round of the playoffs... dude was legit. i think people dont give him enough credit cuz he played with the greatest. everyone always says he was just good and nothing more... those people dont know what they are talking about...

uprightciti
07-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Curry, z bo starbury

Mplsman
07-14-2010, 01:25 AM
No doubt Miami's.

40oz
07-14-2010, 04:16 AM
I pick 4, none of the above. Lakers and Celts have a good amount of numbers hanging.

SP@Z.
07-14-2010, 04:34 AM

What kind of role player averages about 20ppg, 7rpg, and 6apg and was the best defensive player in the league during those championship years. And these numbers were significantly elevated in the playoffs. Not to mention, he took the Bulls to the finals without Jordan. Scottie Pippen would've been the go to guy on any other team if he wasn't playing next to the greatest player to ever play. He actually doesn't get enough credit if you ask me.

Hugbees
07-14-2010, 04:52 AM
this thread is just wrong on so many levels..

Viper2000
07-14-2010, 04:07 PM
A "big 3" cannot form a combo...

combo is short for combination. 3 can form a combination, that is correct. i'm going to lean on my friend wikipedia for some further explanation on the subject:

In combinatorial mathematics, a k-combination of a finite set S is a subset of k distinct elements of S. Specifying a subset does not arrange them in a particular order; by contrast, producing the k distinct elements in a specific order defines a sequence without repetition, also called k-permutation (but which is not a permutation of S in the usual sense of that term). As an example, a poker hand can be described as a 5-combination of cards from a 52-card deck: the 5 cards of the hand are all distinct, and the order of the cards in the hand does not matter.

allball98
07-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and James Worthy.

co-sign.

And as said before, the Heat haven't proved anything except they have talent. Whether or not that will become talent and chemistry once the stress of the regular season comes, only time will tell.

And they better hope they start the season off fantastically, otherwise, the doubt will come in, people will be saying they were overhyped, and things will begin to self destruct in Miami.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-14-2010, 04:12 PM

smith&wesson
07-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Ray allen, robinson and casell is that a joke ?
if thats a joke its pretty funny.

thats not a big three man!! not even close. did they even reach the finals ? lol

Knickerbocker34
07-14-2010, 04:32 PM
hahaha that first one is pretty funny... but while were talking about big threes what about Pippen Jordan and rodman.... or magic Kareem and worthy... or hakeem clyde and kenny smith

Knickerbocker34
07-14-2010, 04:33 PM
there are so many better big threes than ray, Glen, and cassel.....thats laughable

Viper2000
07-14-2010, 04:46 PM
co-sign.

And as said before, the Heat haven't proved anything except they have talent. Whether or not that will become talent and chemistry once the stress of the regular season comes, only time will tell.

And they better hope they start the season off fantastically, otherwise, the doubt will come in, people will be saying they were overhyped, and things will begin to self destruct in Miami.

there is just no way this team is going to be overhyped. they are going to the finals. they don't even need to lace them up. LeBron + Wade + Bosh + Mikey Miller + Haslem + Ilgauskus. they don't even need any other players. they should just let Glenn Rice suit up to relive the glory days. Only team that has a shot is the Lakers; Bynum better get healthy.