PDA

View Full Version : Kobe, Raja to talk about joining forces

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:19 PM
The seemingly hard-to-picture prospect of Kobe Bryant and old nemesis Raja Bell playing for the same team remains alive.

The longtime rivals will sit down for a face-to-face chat Wednesday in Los Angeles to further discuss the feasibility of the Lakers signing Bell in free agency, sources close to the situation said.

Bell is traveling to Los Angeles this week to watch the ESPYs and has arranged to meet with Bryant to hear the Lakers' face of the franchise make yet another recruiting pitch to the 33-year-old swingman.

Bell acknowledged last week in a phone interview with ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that he has already fielded several phone calls from Bryant, who was unforgettably clotheslined to the floor by Bell in Game 5 of a testy Suns-Lakers series in 2006 that L.A. ultimately lost in seven games.

And the best get better.

Blake and Bell are certainly upgrades over Shannon and Jordan.

geraptor
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
joining forces
:laugh2:

CowboysKB24
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Bell is joining the Lakers. They need him. Bell and Artest would be good together. Two tough S.O.Bs.

J4KOP99
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
He hasn't even signed yet. Who knows what he will do. If he does end up coming, this is a big move for the Lakers. Bell can guard 3 positions and is a good shooter out of the corner... an important place when playing in the triangle.

jbeezy
07-13-2010, 12:46 PM
:drool:

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Lakers defense is about to get better.

Storch
07-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Bryant, Artest, Bell, and Fisher would arguable create the best defensive backcourt in the NBA. That might be a bit of a homer statement but its definitely open for discussion.

Sly Guy
haha, I'd like this. From mutual hatred to grudging respect.

Lakersho
...just do it raja...

robdog_5
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Blake and Bell make them a lot less athletic then Farmar and Shannon Brown.

Russell_Roberts
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
lakers is still that team to beat.

showtym24
07-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Like the OP said bell blake> brown farmar. Add that to we've added two promising rookies. Deeper team then 09 and 10 teams. Hopefully he signs.

LALakersKC
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Bell Blake> Brown Farmar... less athletic tho

showtym24
07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Bell Blake> Brown Farmar... less athletic tho

Yup, but better shooters, defenders, and more mentally tough.

sep11ie
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Artest joined Kobe after Kobe elbowed him in the throat, I'm sure Kobe's over their incident.

Mplsman
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Raja Bell is not a force

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
yeah a bell add would really help the lake show..they could use an explosive player like brown though...they need improvements to react to the heat's powerhouse thats been formed

LA_Raiders
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
It will be great, our bench still too weak...

Fish/Blake/?
Kobe/Machine/?
Artest/Luke/?
Gasol/Odom/?
Bynum/?

Dang we still need players, TMc? AI? Shaq? Bell? Daco? The 2 Rooks we drafted might make it...

dnewguy
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM
last I checked, raja was relevant 5 yrs ago.

braveniler58
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Please, no, Bell. :(

NYKnickFanatic
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Shannon Brown signed elsewhere?

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 01:23 PM

True, but neither Farmar nor Brown were able to translate their athleticism into consistent defense. I do think that against some teams we'll wish that we had their speed, but against the top teams in the NBA, we should be fine.

mlisica19
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
You forgive and forget. When the time comes, you must do something you don't ever want to do. Plus that was years ago I'm sure its over. Lakers are stacking their team with good defenders. I already think their team now can guard well the miami heat but raja coming off the bench now adds depth when the stars need a break. Phil will surely be ready to take on the heat if he signs. Hopefully boston bulls and orlando can give them a good tough beating too

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Come to the light Raja, time to take down the Heat.

mlisica19
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Why do I hear negativity?

The lakers can definatley go up against the heat.

Ron artest can guard james (and get into his head)
Kobe can guard wade
Gasol can go up against bosh

And this is a team coached by a great succesful triangle system, and under the master Phil Jackson. Whose maimi"s bench? I bet they can easily be guarded by lakers'. Maybe sign tmac as a role player but I'm sure phils got this

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Come to the light Raja, time to take down the Heat.

All due respect, that's the wrong mind set. We're the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers, dammit. We're the top of this pyramid. We're not retooling to take down just one team, we're retooling to lord over them all!!!

Far too many of our games last year were closer than they should have been. Even the Finals -- no disrespect to Boston -- should have been over in 6 in our favor. Game 7 proved that we're not nearly as dominant as we should be, especially when Kobe is having an off night. We can be better. We will be better.

Mr LaFontaine
07-13-2010, 01:32 PM
I'd like the pick-up. He's a good defensive player who can take shots. He may not be the defensive monster he once was, but as a bench guard on the lakers i like it. He's coming off a hand injury in his NON-shooting hand. +1 defense +1 3pt'rs...-1 athleticism... I'll take it.

Russell_Roberts
07-13-2010, 01:34 PM
bell only had 1 breakout year though. and that riteous wasnt even a breakout yr. He just had more exposure

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Bryant, Artest, Bell, and Fisher would arguable create the best defensive backcourt in the NBA. That might be a bit of a homer statement but its definitely open for discussion.

you obviously don't know how well Blake is on D. You'll see a quite a bit next season.

Jaji
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Kobe + Bell > Jordan + Pippen

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Shannon Brown signed elsewhere?

We don't want him!

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM

c'mon now you are just trolling that was no way shape or form even boderline being funny.

lakers4sho
07-13-2010, 01:45 PM
you obviously don't know how well Blake is on D. You'll see a quite a bit next season.

That's why he had Blake on the list, right?

Bryant, Artest, Bell, and Fisher would arguable create the best defensive backcourt in the NBA.

:rolleyes:

Lake_Show2416
07-13-2010, 01:46 PM
kobe is brilliant... to have the lakers sign everyone that can guard him haha

zambo4president
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Raja's a lockdown defender, tough as nails and bombs 3's. Sounds like a Laker to me.

dnewguy
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
kobe is brilliant... to have the lakers sign everyone that can guard him haha

In that case, the whole Celtics players would sign with the Lakers.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
That's why he had Blake on the list, right?

:rolleyes:

dude wtf? I am saying that Steve Blake is an above average/underrated defender that can hold his own against 1/2s. And should have been on that list. Why the hell are you so edgy??? Take a chill pill son. Laker fan thinking someone is trying to attack your team. Sigh. You guys are stacked.

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 01:59 PM

Easily

The Raven
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Do the Raja Flop!!

I actually would like this move if Kobe can pull it off

iggypop123
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
if he wants to win he goes to the lakers. if he wants to get paid he goes to the spurs

Chronz
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM
And the best get better.

In what ways?

Like the OP said bell blake> brown farmar. Add that to we've added two promising rookies. Deeper team then 09 and 10 teams. Hopefully he signs.
We'll see about the rooks but Bell is a question mark at this point. And you underestimate Browns ability compared to those 2 atleast.

Mochalman
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
if they pick raja up thats seals them for the finals

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 03:02 PM
In what ways?

We'll see about the rooks but Bell is a question mark at this point. And you underestimate Browns ability compared to those 2 atleast.

Steve Blake has a great basketball IQ, is deadly from three, a floor general (ask portland fans) and has a real good temperament, Raja can guard multiple positions (well at that), good three ball, tenacious, provides no let down on D for the opposing SG when Kobe comes off the court. All qualities they didn't possess with Farmar and Brown. They'd certainly lose out on the athleticism though.

_KB24_
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
It would be the one of the toughest collection of wings this NBA has seen in recent times. Artest, Bell, Kobe, and Fish are all warriors on the defensive end, even though Fish can't stick up to his defender one-on-one anymore.

BKdoubleStacker
07-13-2010, 03:25 PM
In what ways?

Blake is a much more polished PG than farmar and is a better 3% shooter. He is a much better fit in the triangle, which farmar didnt really ever fit in comfortably.

Brown was overrated, his defense got more credit than it should've. Only thing he had going for him was his athleticism and dunks.

True, bell is a question mark. But if he is healthy then theres no doubt in my mind he can still contribute and knock down 3's efficiently.

soonabooma
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Just another reason why Kobe is a champion. He see another opportunity to bring in a solid guy and he doesn't let past stuff factor in, becuz he wants to win. He did it with Ron Artest and now he's trying to do it with Raja Bell. If they actually get him, they're gonna become even better. They already upgraded over Farmar with Steve Blake, they kept Fisher who is much more important than people even realize, including myself, and now they're gonna possibly add another great defender/enforcer type of player in Bell. That tells me one thing....the Lakers are about business.

NBAfan4life
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
In what ways?

I agree I really liked Browns game he is obviously one of the most athletic guys on the Laker team and with a few less gambles on D on his way to being a decent defender.

On top of that brown has the ability on a single play either ignite the crowd or silence them depending on if they are at home or on the road. That is a valuable asset IMO

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree I really liked Browns game he is obviously one of the most athletic guys on the Laker team and with a few less gambles on D on his way to being a decent defender.

On top of that brown has the ability on a single play either ignite the crowd or silence them depending on if they are at home or on the road. That is a valuable asset IMO

there is a possibility that Ebanks can be that guy. Not certain but possible.

nickdymez
07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
In that case, the whole Celtics players would sign with the Lakers.

Who was guarding him third quarter, game 5?

h2r09
07-13-2010, 03:50 PM
bell is signing with the heat. book it.

nickdymez
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
^^^Why sign with the Heat when he could sign with the champs? Im pretty sure Kobe has more pull than Lebum..

michelangelo
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
These types of statements always strike me as a bit odd. In what way are you associated with the lakers? Are you employed by them? Is someone close to you employed by them? The answer in all likelihood is 'no.'

Nonetheless, yes, a Raja Bell signing would be a nice feather in the cap for the defending champs (who most of us are not affiliated with in any way but perhaps would like to be).

All due respect, that's the wrong mind set. We're the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers, dammit. We're the top of this pyramid. We're not retooling to take down just one team, we're retooling to lord over them all!!!

Far too many of our games last year were closer than they should have been. Even the Finals -- no disrespect to Boston -- should have been over in 6 in our favor. Game 7 proved that we're not nearly as dominant as we should be, especially when Kobe is having an off night. We can be better. We will be better.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Yea especially when coaches (over?)react to the play and call a timeout giving the Lakers stars needed rest.

_KB24_
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM

Stop continuously trolling. We all know your going to disappear from here once LeBron is eliminated again in the playoffs and go on your little hiatus like the past two seasons.

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
These types of statements always strike me as a bit odd. In what way are you associated with the lakers? Are you employed by them? Is someone close to you employed by them? The answer in all likelihood is 'no.'

Nonetheless, yes, a Raja Bell signing would be a nice feather in the cap for the defending champs (who most of us are not affiliated with in any way but perhaps would like to be).

Last time I checked teams wouldn't have the opportunity to win a championship without their fans so I don't see why fans cannot associate themselves with the team.

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 04:04 PM
bell is signing with the heat. book it.

You must be clueless with Bell and the Miami Heat situation

Heater4life
07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Great signing for the Lakers if it gets done. But they better get it done, bell and his agent have already contacted the Heat about the possibility of signing.

As far as ive read, this is Kobe reaching out trying to lure him, not the other way. Regardless, im loving this, both teams gearing up for what might ultimatly be one of the greatest battles ever.

Only time will tell, we must wait...........

Heater4life
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
You must be clueless with Bell and the Miami Heat situation

you do know he's signing for the minimum right?

What is he so clueless about?

Nikeman
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
^^^Why sign with the Heat when he could sign with the champs? Im pretty sure Kobe has more pull than Lebum..

Not really.

LBJ has the better core team, LBJ's the better player, and LBJ is 8 years younger

J4KOP99
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Yea especially when coaches (over?)react to the play and call a timeout giving the Lakers stars needed rest.

C'mon, how often does this happen. Even if it does happen, things don't work like that. We aren't talking about a video game where, whenever a TO is called, the players automatically regain their energy. If we are talking about the 4th quarter of a game 6 in the western conference finals, no 60 second TO is going to help anybody out when it comes to resting up and regaining energy. And in reality, those are the moments we sign players for; The big moments, the playoffs and situations like previously stated.

Brown has some great athletic ability. However, watching him play over the last couple years, for every good/great thing he does, he ultimitely over-shadows it with a terrible defensive gamble(or 2 or 3) or a bad shot on offense. He doesn't understand how to play the team game, whether it be offense or defense.

Would I like to have him around, of course. But at the same time, if he goes somewhere else and the lakers make the adequate replacement(which I think Bell would be) then I could care less.

It is fun to watch him dunk though, I'll give you that.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Steve Blake has a great basketball IQ, is deadly from three, a floor general (ask portland fans) and has a real good temperament, Raja can guard multiple positions (well at that), good three ball, tenacious, provides no let down on D for the opposing SG when Kobe comes off the court. All qualities they didn't possess with Farmar and Brown. They'd certainly lose out on the athleticism though.
Why should I ask Portland fans? Because they saw him experience the one fluke season that was actually worth talking about. What if they disagree, I know a few that were happy when the team booted him off. What about what I saw when he played here in LA?

Im not saying its a bad move, frankly hes better at the PG than Brown is, but we're comparing 2 different positions. I like what Brown gave at the 2 more than Blake gives at the 1.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Blake is a much more polished PG than farmar and is a better 3% shooter. He is a much better fit in the triangle, which farmar didnt really ever fit in comfortably.

Brown was overrated, his defense got more credit than it should've. Only thing he had going for him was his athleticism and dunks.

True, bell is a question mark. But if he is healthy then theres no doubt in my mind he can still contribute and knock down 3's efficiently.
Well the stats definitely support your argument, your probably right. I just liked Shannon, I usually dont like Lakers

Public Enemy #1
07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
And the best get better.

Not going to happen laker fan. The so called best as you put it haven't gotten better. :facepalm:

Storch
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM

I admit that I do not know much about Blake. So anything he brings would be a nice surprise.

lamar2006
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Not going to happen laker fan. The so called best as you put it haven't gotten better. :facepalm:

lol what a homer. How is Blake not better than Farmar. Ebanks better than Walton Carracter better than Powell. Bell better than Brown. I mean if we get Raja our bench would probably be the best in the league. Blake at PG, Sasha at SG, Bell at SF, Odom at PF and what ever srub at C. And yet we still have Kobe and Gasol.

JNA17
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
lol what a homer. How is Blake not better than Farmar. Ebanks better than Walton Carracter better than Powell. Bell better than Brown. I mean if we get Raja our bench would probably be the best in the league. Blake at PG, Sasha at SG, Bell at SF, Odom at PF and what ever srub at C. And yet we still have Kobe and Gasol.

you got it wrong. It's Blake/Bell/Ebanks/Odom/Caracter :)

nanablvd
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM

that's why signing ebanks and caracter is very important to the older and slower Lakers.

nanablvd
07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
I believe it's FO decision to send Kobe to meet Raja to: (1) clear the air between Kobe and Raja, and (2) to avoid any negative impression from Shannon that FO has given up on him should Mitch decide to meet Raja himself instead. I guess the Lakers are hobnobing both sides to avoid losing both.

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 06:26 PM
In what ways?

Brown was/is garbage. I Cant stand him wearing P&G. He has the tallent, but he doesn't have what it takes between the ears to play with the Lakers. THat guy just dribbles, dribbles, dribbles some more then chucks a defended 20 ft fadeaway. HORRIBLE!

Even on fast breakes this guy doesn't make the right play. I've never seen someone so athletic that cant finish a 1 on 1 break in the NBA.

I am ecstatic that he is not a Laker anymore. He was my least faveorite Laker since Brian Cook.

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 06:37 PM

There is nothing "so called" about it. The trophy is at our house and the rings will be on our fingers first game of the season.

Doesn't matter if we get Bell or not. We will get someone and we are the best without any additions. Bell would be a very good pick up tho.

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Will the remaining $1.8M MLE and the lure of a title be enough for Raja?

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 06:41 PM

I'd still take the Mavs bench if they get Al Harrington

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Brown was/is garbage. I Cant stand him wearing P&G. He has the tallent, but he doesn't have what it takes between the ears to play with the Lakers. THat guy just dribbles, dribbles, dribbles some more then chucks a defended 20 ft fadeaway. HORRIBLE!

Even on fast breakes this guy doesn't make the right play. I've never seen someone so athletic that cant finish a 1 on 1 break in the NBA.

I am ecstatic that he is not a Laker anymore. He was my least faveorite Laker since Brian Cook.

I wouldn't say he was my least favorite but I do agree he definitely did not fit well with us. Yes he was ridiculously athletic but he was a subpar defender, subpar shooter, and really left a lot to be desired when it came to making plays.

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
hahahaha if thats what phil thinks will stop the three headed fire breathing dragon that pat riley has created so be it... raja bell is a bum, he was a bum then and hes a bum now.. i hope he does go to the lakers he sucks .. kobe fans should remember when he gave kobe a forearm shiver.. sure he looke tough there but if he tries that with the king he will get CROWNEDDDD!!!!!!!!

GO HEAT GO

You guys are like this years draft picks...all hype with no experience. Everything looks good on paper but nothing has been done on the court yet. You guys are like the Oakland Raiders until/if you start winning....all good names but nothing as a whole.

Maybe Stern will make a new rule where the heat can play with more than one ball because one ball will not be enough for you guys for an entire season.

Last I checked you cant be a king with no jewlery. Lebron is like the phoenix suns. great regular season player....and a bust when it matters most. Have fun with your regular season MVP we'll stick with our finals mvp and all of our banners.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Good, this stops the Heat from getting him.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Why should I ask Portland fans? Because they saw him experience the one fluke season that was actually worth talking about. What if they disagree, I know a few that were happy when the team booted him off. What about what I saw when he played here in LA?

Im not saying its a bad move, frankly hes better at the PG than Brown is, but we're comparing 2 different positions. I like what Brown gave at the 2 more than Blake gives at the 1.

dude are you crazy?

I never compared him to Brown I am comparing him to the Lakers' outgoing back up PG Farmar. If you followed him as a Nugget you wouldn't say something as foolish as him having a fluke season. You lost a lot of credibility in my book by that last post bro.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
C'mon, how often does this happen. Even if it does happen, things don't work like that. We aren't talking about a video game where, whenever a TO is called, the players automatically regain their energy. If we are talking about the 4th quarter of a game 6 in the western conference finals, no 60 second TO is going to help anybody out when it comes to resting up and regaining energy.
Every bit of rest helps if your trying to maximize the potential output of your team. I never said it was a big deal but it certainly qualifies as an intangible contribution. That was my only point, statistically they are a wash.

And in reality, those are the moments we sign players for; The big moments, the playoffs and situations like previously stated.
In whos reality, I know several GM's and coaches that dont buy into the myth of the big shot. Like James Posey may be a big shot hitter, but hes not the guy youd take over a superior player who somehow cant hit the big shot.

Brown has some great athletic ability. However, watching him play over the last couple years, for every good/great thing he does, he ultimitely over-shadows it with a terrible defensive gamble(or 2 or 3) or a bad shot on offense. He doesn't understand how to play the team game, whether it be offense or defense.
I thought he was like a mini-Ariza I just didnt realize it didnt come with the entailed such high efficiency. I actually thought hed be the guy that all championship squads need, but in reality he wasnt really essential to the Lakers title and in many ways hurt them. Im just saying its a lateral move at best.

Would I like to have him around, of course. But at the same time, if he goes somewhere else and the lakers make the adequate replacement(which I think Bell would be) then I could care less.

It is fun to watch him dunk though, I'll give you that.

What are you expecting of Bell?

Chronz
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
dude are you crazy?

I never compared him to Brown I am comparing him to the Lakers' outgoing back up PG Farmar. If you followed him as a Nugget you wouldn't say something as foolish as him having a fluke season. You lost a lot of credibility in my book by that last post bro.
Maybe you didnt directly compare him to Brown but your comparing the collective impact the duo's have on their team. As far as I can tell your comparing Blake/Bell to Farmar/Brown. So what Im saying, if PT is equal amongst them,it is impossible to come out ahead if Shannon is better than Blake and Farmar is better than Bell. Your basically switching strengths in the backcourt depth rotation. Now for the Lakers I understand PG is a more pressing issue than backup 2-3 so you guys will probably come out ahead, and the more I think about it, the less impressive Browns tenure in LA was, so your right.

Still dont know why your so high on Blake, I too made the mistake of expecting him to retain his peak form in Portland but truth is he has only had 2 years at that level of play, only watch him get traded in frustration. IF Blake plays at that level again then the Lakers have their selves a championship caliber role playing starter at the least, and if Bell recovers any semblance of an offensive game then you definitely come out a deeper squad. Too many IFS my opinion. PS Denver? WTF did he do there?

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Maybe you didnt directly compare him to Brown but your comparing the collective impact the duo's have on their team. As far as I can tell your comparing Blake/Bell to Farmar/Brown. So what Im saying, if PT is equal amongst them,it is impossible to come out ahead if Shannon is better than Blake and Farmar is better than Bell. Your basically switching strengths in the backcourt depth rotation. Now for the Lakers I understand PG is a more pressing issue than backup 2-3 so you guys will probably come out ahead, and the more I think about it, the less impressive Browns tenure in LA was, so your right.

Still dont know why your so high on Blake, I too made the mistake of expecting him to retain his peak form in Portland but truth is he has only had 2 years at that level of play, only watch him get traded in frustration. IF Blake plays at that level again then the Lakers have their selves a championship caliber role playing starter at the least, and if Bell recovers any semblance of an offensive game then you definitely come out a deeper squad. Too many IFS my opinion. PS Denver? WTF did he do there?

Well if you looked at the nuggets play you'd understand why I think highly of Blake. He was a decent role player at best but what he did he did it to the best of his ability and really contributed in all facets. Many times he'd be the one who was guarding the opposing team's starting SG. And did a pretty good job on them more times than not. The intangibles he brings to a team are a major plus. You guys got a quality player there. Poor mans kirk hinrich without the poor shot selection he developed recently (mostly because he was asked to play SG).

Oh and you still have no point. With saying how I essentially compared blake and brown. I did not. Its two separate positions in the back court with both players play two DIFFERENT positions. How can I compare them. I did no such thing. I compared Blake to Farmar.... and..... Raja to Shannon.

Lakergirl24
07-13-2010, 08:10 PM

Yes they arent as athletic as Brown and farmar but they are most consistent and better all around players. Blake takes care of the basketball, and plays better defense than farmar who played no defense. Bell is a more consistent three point shooter and much better defender than brown. Overall it'd be great if bell comes to LA. Kobe, Artest, and Bell would pose one scary perimeter defense.

nickdymez
07-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Not really.

LBJ has the better core team, LBJ's the better player, and LBJ is 8 years younger

LBJ is a failure, LBJ is a loser, LBJ is a clown.....

A better core team? are you serious? Chris Bosh = 0 PLAYOFF WINS, Wade = ok, you can have that, LBJ = PROVEN LOSER....

Artest = Champion, Gasol = 2 time champion, Kobe = No need to elaborate, Fish = 5 time champ (Mia wanted him bad).. Mia has no bench, an old slow center... Get off the hype train brother.. The road goes through and ends here in LA.. Thats it...

AddiX
07-13-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm beyond sick of NBA players becoming friends.

I remember in the 80's and 90's when teams and players and coaches didn't like one another it stayed that away. And almost no one from opposite teams got along.

NBA is beyond soft now. I don't think a team like the Pistons would of even been allowed in today's league.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 08:33 PM

I remember in the 80's and 90's when teams and players and coaches didn't like one another it stayed that away. And almost no one from opposite teams got along.

NBA is beyond soft now. I don't think a team like the Pistons would of even been allowed in today's league.

Damn str8 bro!! DAMN STR8

dtmagnet
07-13-2010, 08:48 PM

Preach brother.

SouljahPhil...
07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I love the way some of this heat fans act nowadays..
Were have you all been? hahaha!

Not to include those real fans before..

Bruno
07-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Perfect, just another guy who can guard Kobe who's now on his team. I would have prefered Tony Allen because he's younger, but I'd take it. I'd love to see him give Wade a hard time if that match-up were to happen.

still1ballin
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Perfect, just another guy who can guard Kobe who's now on his team. I would have prefered Tony Allen because he's younger, but I'd take it. I'd love to see him give Wade a hard time if that match-up were to happen.

Allen has no offensive game whatsoever, Bell at least brings his defense as well as his outside shooting. Not saying he could stop Wade, but he sure can make Wade work for every shot.

still1ballin
07-13-2010, 10:11 PM
I love the way some of this heat fans act nowadays..
Were have you all been? hahaha!

Not to include those real fans before..

Try living in Miami. Its terrible out here. All of a sudden I'm seeing Heat jerseys in school.

Bruno
07-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Allen has no offensive game whatsoever, Bell at least brings his defense as well as his outside shooting. Not saying he could stop Wade, but he sure can make Wade work for every shot.

You're right; I'm not convinced Bell will be the same player after missing almost all of last year at his age, thats all.

JOSKOMANG4
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
C: Andrew Bynum

PF: Pau Gasol/Lamar Odom

SF: Ron Artest/Devin Ebanks/Luke Walton

SG: Kobe Bryant/Raja Bell/Sasha Vujacic

PG: Derek Fisher/Steve Blake

robdog_5
07-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Did Raja sign?

carter80
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM

Its ridiculous now and days, Players are damn near making out before each game. What happened to wanting to beat one another now its want to BE one another. Its unbearable to watch. Kobe is the only killer left in the league and i cant stand rooting for him. Do you think Bird called Magic and asked him to join forces or Michael and Isiah. Players use to hate each other now its if you cant beat them might as well join them.

RaiderLakersA's
07-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Did Raja sign?

No, according to the ESPN article, Kobe and Raja aren't scheduled to meet up until Wednesday (tomorrow). It's possible that Raja will simply decline Kobe in person, since he is getting offers from other teams, presumably to play for more money. We'll see how it goes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5375672

Jenceman
07-14-2010, 01:21 AM

Blake still had a pretty efficient season shooting the ball last year. Around 43-44% from 3. Which will be his main role with the Lakers, shooting open 3s. He should excel in that, even if he isn't at that peak anymore. Last year's Steve Blake is a significant upgrade over both Farmar and Brown at the 1.

Mplsman
07-14-2010, 01:25 AM
By joining forces meaning another bench player for the Lakers

SouljahPhil...
07-14-2010, 01:25 AM
No, according to the ESPN article, Kobe and Raja aren't scheduled to meet up until Wednesday (tomorrow). It's possible that Raja will simply decline Kobe in person, since he is getting offers from other teams, presumably to play for more money. We'll see how it goes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5375672

yup..I think that is another possibility..Fish reach an agreement with LA a day after he met the heat..

sasuke_20
07-14-2010, 03:03 AM
thats good for the lakers,,bell is a decent backup for 1 spot in the lakers,

robdizzle3
07-14-2010, 03:21 AM

Well I guess everybody on this site is odd, becvause we see these teams as OUR teams. Its nothing wrong with it at all. We love our teams and we show it. Trust me, we all know we're not employed by these teams, but again it doesnt matter.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2010, 03:26 AM

I dont think its a homer statement at all... All 4 guys are great defenders.

E.O.21
07-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Let me guess, laker fans now love raja bell

stawka
07-14-2010, 03:39 AM

:facepalm:

Bell on the Lakers would be massive. A solid defender and can knock down the 3-ball. Exactly what the Lakers needed when they took Artest, now they have 2. he's up there with age, but still a solid player

shep33
07-14-2010, 03:45 AM
I'm a Laker fan and I'm kinda 50/50 on this still... first off I'm not convinced by any means that he'd come to play for the Lakers just b/c of Kobe. He's stated before how he likes Pat Riley, etc.

But what concerns myself the most about Bell is that he's 33 coming off of season ending surgery where he only played in 6 games. Very good player when he's healthy, no question, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he went to Miami.

We'll see what happens though.

sasuke_20
07-14-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm a Laker fan and I'm kinda 50/50 on this still... first off I'm not convinced by any means that he'd come to play for the Lakers just b/c of Kobe. He's stated before how he likes Pat Riley, etc.

But what concerns myself the most about Bell is that he's 33 coming off of season ending surgery where he only played in 6 games. Very good player when he's healthy, no question, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he went to Miami.

We'll see what happens though.

i think bell want to play in the miami because miami is his hometown,,but i think kobe can change his mind tho..bell is an upgrade over farmar and brown,,triangle needs a reliable 3 point shooter like bell and a good wing defender..i know wat are ur concerns,,well lets w8 wat will happen..

shep33
07-14-2010, 04:03 AM
i think bell want to play in the miami because miami is his hometown,,but i think kobe can change his mind tho..bell is an upgrade over farmar and brown,,triangle needs a reliable 3 point shooter like bell and a good wing defender..i know wat are ur concerns,,well lets w8 wat will happen..

Yeah in reality I think the meeting with Kobe is a little bit of an overreaction... Bell didn't go there specifically to talk to Kobe, but he's going to the ESPYs and Kobe asked him if they wanted to talk while he was in LA. I think Kobe probably has the best chance to change his mind, but in reality Miami just seems to be the "sexy" place to be in the NBA now, even though the lakers are the repeat champs, plus your right, it doesn't hurt that Bell grew up in the Miami area.

My bet is that he goes to the Heat, and really that's been his #1 option all this time, but if there is a team that can pull him away its the Lakers.

robdizzle3
07-14-2010, 04:10 AM
Yeah in reality I think the meeting with Kobe is a little bit of an overreaction... Bell didn't go there specifically to talk to Kobe, but he's going to the ESPYs and Kobe asked him if they wanted to talk while he was in LA. I think Kobe probably has the best chance to change his mind, but in reality Miami just seems to be the "sexy" place to be in the NBA now, even though the lakers are the repeat champs, plus your right, it doesn't hurt that Bell grew up in the Miami area.

My bet is that he goes to the Heat, and really that's been his #1 option all this time, but if there is a team that can pull him away its the Lakers.

I have to agree with you Shep. I would like this deal, but wouldnt be suprised if he signed to Miami.

sasuke_20
07-14-2010, 04:19 AM

exactly, thats it..miami is his 1st option..but i would like to see him in lakers uniform though..he's a solid role player..can knock down 3's, a good one on one defender,,hey shep33, wat do u think about kobe making interest in KT?is he good fit for us?i hope he is..:pray:

thenaj17
07-14-2010, 09:14 AM

Please tell me you're joking?

thenaj17
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Well I guess everybody on this site is odd, becvause we see these teams as OUR teams. Its nothing wrong with it at all. We love our teams and we show it. Trust me, we all know we're not employed by these teams, but again it doesnt matter.

Backing up what you said, these in fact are fans teams because if we didn't attend games, buy jerseys and watch these guys, they wouldn't have a job playing basketball so yes they are OUR teams

Iron24th
07-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Backing up what you said, these in fact are fans teams because if we didn't attend games, buy jerseys and watch these guys, they wouldn't have a job playing basketball so yes they are OUR teams

100% agree.

twoearl
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Even with Raja I think the person who will swing the LA vs Miami Series will be Bynum. He needs to be on some 15 and 10 stuff next year if they plan on beating the Miami Thrice...

J4KOP99
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
I still doubt this happens. Lakers fans are jumping around like this is a foregone conclusion. I bet he ends up in Miami or on Orlando.

Statik1
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I still doubt this happens. Lakers fans are jumping around like this is a foregone conclusion. I bet he ends up in Miami or on Orlando.

I have a feeling as if Bell is using this to turn up the pressure on Orlando and Miami.

sasuke_20
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
I have a feeling as if Bell is using this to turn up the pressure on Orlando and Miami.

sigh,,hopefully he lands in the lakers,,

Cbast09
07-14-2010, 11:18 AM
He grew up in Miami and I'm sure Riley is interested in him. I doubt he goes to LA.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
You guys are like this years draft picks...all hype with no experience. Everything looks good on paper but nothing has been done on the court yet. You guys are like the Oakland Raiders until/if you start winning....all good names but nothing as a whole.

Maybe Stern will make a new rule where the heat can play with more than one ball because one ball will not be enough for you guys for an entire season.

Last I checked you cant be a king with no jewlery. Lebron is like the phoenix suns. great regular season player....and a bust when it matters most. Have fun with your regular season MVP we'll stick with our finals mvp and all of our banners.

1. please ignore KING.WADE.BOSH as his is obviously a bandwagoner by his name. His words do not reflect the true heat fan nation.

2. Are you seriously doubting the Heat will win? You are saying we are all talk and no show? Last time I checked, Lebron made it to the finals with an average team, and Wade won finals mvp and the championship with a veteran loaded team. I think together, plus bosh and veterans, they can manage to get there again. They are proven players and not rookies. We know what they can do, and we saw what they can do together. 2008 gold medalist and 2010 all-star game winners. Doesn't sound like they are rookies or "inexperienced" together to me?

EVER, GREATEST
07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Are you seriously doubting the Heat will win? You are saying we are all talk and no show? Last time I checked, Lebron made it to the finals with an average team, and Wade won finals mvp and the championship with a veteran loaded team. I think together, plus bosh and veterans, they can manage to get there again. They are proven players and not rookies. We know what they can do, and we saw what they can do together. 2008 gold medalist and 2010 all-star game winners. Doesn't sound like they are rookies or "inexperienced" together to me?

Watch the Spain game. They would have not won if it were not for Kobe. If you think otherwise, alot of people will love to remind you of who had the ball in the last 5 minutes of the game.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Watch the Spain game. They would have not won if it were not for Kobe. If you think otherwise, alot of people will love to remind you of who had the ball in the last 5 minutes of the game.

And yet Wade had 27pts and kobe only had 20pts? your point? so without wade we would have not won either according to your logic? Last time I checked, it requires a TEAM to win. Tell me if I’m wrong, did a Team win the gold or Kobe on his own?

My point is, while kobe played a big role in getting the gold, a Team is what won. Also was this not the same team that wade, lebron, and bosh gained "experience" playing together and have proven what they can do as a "TEAM". If you ask me, I would take a team of wade, lebron, bosh over your "team" of kobe and your one man mentality.

nickdymez
07-14-2010, 12:28 PM
And yet Wade had 27pts and kobe only had 20pts? your point? so without wade we would have not won either according to your logic? Last time I checked, it requires a TEAM to win. Tell me if I’m wrong, did a Team win the gold or Kobe on his own?

My point is, while kobe played a big role in getting the gold, a Team is what won. Also was this not the same team that wade, lebron, and bosh gained "experience" playing together and have proven what they can do as a "TEAM". If you ask me, I would take a team of wade, lebron, bosh over your "team" of kobe and your one man mentality.

Didn't all the those guys lose the worlds? Didn't they win when Kobe joined the team?

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Go ahead... remind me of the math involved. No wade, no 27 pts, different ball game, especially with kobe's foul trouble early on. No wade, kobe fouls out or plays more timid trying to carry the team and stay in the game... no gold. Also, subtract wades points from the score and add the points of a more likely inferior player to wade and there is no gold as well. I can say that wades 3pt with two minutes left also led to the victory. Maybe kobe without wade would have won… right?

I beg to differ on your logic… but maybe some fans out here can remind you that it takes a TEAM to win games. I know kobe understands that as he couldn’t do it until he had teammates such as gasol.

RaiderLakersA's
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM

I like how people conveniently forget that Wade, Bosh and James all played together during the FIBA a couple of years before the 2008 Olympics and managed only a bronze medal. It's been proven time and time again that you can't just put superstars on a roster and assume that great things will happen. If anything, the amount of work needed to get the team to mesh increases.

When you add up all of their playing time together, I do feel that Lebron, Wade and Bosh's on-court chemistry is probably further along than most give them credit. Playing in the East they have an opportunity to do some serious damage. If not this year, then the next.

But the Lakers are well-beyond that first stage of team development. With the current core we've made it to the Finals 3 times against very solid competition. This year the Lakers can truly do something special, if they can get guys like Bell added to our bench.

If Bell doesn't sign, the Lakers still have other moves that they can make to bolster the bench. Not worried.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Didn't all the those guys lose the worlds? Didn't they win when Kobe joined the team?

yes... you are right. Kobe is why they won and only him. Kobe Averaged 5 more minuites per game and 1 point less than wade. So with more minutes did less than wade and yet kobe is the reason we got gold. Get down from your clouds. Even james avg more points. A TEAM, including kobe, lebron, wade, and bosh, won the gold. Subtract kobe from the equation and I still think they can manage.

Guys... this is a TEAM sport and to add to your logic, they won the gold once TEAM USA had and older, mature, in their prime wade, lebron, bosh and kobe. The younger shell of them didn't do it but there older shell with the addition of another TEAMATE did.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I like how people conveniently forget that Wade, Bosh and James all played together during the FIBA a couple of years before the 2008 Olympics and managed only a bronze medal. It's been proven time and time again that you can't just put superstars on a roster and assume that great things will happen. If anything, the amount of work needed to get the team to mesh increases.

When you add up all of their playing time together, I do feel that Lebron, Wade and Bosh's on-court chemistry is probably further along than most give them credit. Playing in the East they have an opportunity to do some serious damage. If not this year, then the next.

But the Lakers are well-beyond that first stage of team development. With the current core we've made it to the Finals 3 times against very solid competition. This year the Lakers can truly do something special, if they can get guys like Bell added to our bench.

If Bell doesn't sign, the Lakers still have other moves that they can make to bolster the bench. Not worried.

Thank you for a logical post. I agree that you guys are a more experience TEAM than the Heat and thats why I currently still believe you have the edge.

I would like for you to realize that the team that got bronze in the worlds was a younger less experienced team than that which earned gold in the Olympics. Now, these same players are four years older, more experienced playing together, and in their prime! It's a different team from that seen in the worlds, plus they are not playing world class teams, they are playing in the NBA, well the level of skills is more spread out other than the heat and the lakers.

To sum everything up, wade, lebron, and bosh have all this experience dating back to the worlds and are now playing in their prime. Kobe and his lakers should not be so confident and think the heat cannot manage to steal the championship this year.

fresh prince
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
yes... you are right. Kobe is why they won and only him. Kobe Averaged 5 more minuites per game and 1 point less than wade. So with more minutes did less than wade and yet kobe is the reason we got gold. Get down from your clouds. Even james avg more points. A TEAM, including kobe, lebron, wade, and bosh, won the gold. Subtract kobe from the equation and I still think they can manage.

Guys... this is a TEAM sport and to add to your logic, they won the gold once TEAM USA had and older, mature, in their prime wade, lebron, bosh and kobe. The younger shell of them didn't do it but there older shell with the addition of another TEAMATE did.

These are valid points. THe team played together as a whole and the added maturity of the Wade, Bron , Bosh were all a factor.

But the one thing you cant deny is that in the gold medal gamE (VS Spain) it was Kobe who shined through. He scored or assisted on the final 12 points of the game which was the key to the W.

Geargo Wallace
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
This is collusion!!!! Somebody call the authorities! Lock david stern up!

Lake_Show2416
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM

Kobe was mature enough to take a defensive role and not be the scoring option so before you start throwing numbers around, know what u are actually talkin about first

We got gold mainly because of Kobe and Wade

LTS
07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
It'd be even funnier if he signed with the heat (not likely to my knowledge) but good move by Kobe being grown up and asking someone to join(who he may strongly dislike) who is a great pick for LA

RaiderLakersA's
07-14-2010, 01:25 PM
I would like for you to realize that the team that got bronze in the worlds was a younger less experienced team than that which earned gold in the Olympics. Now, these same players are four years older, more experienced playing together, and in their prime!

I fully agree that as individual players, LeBron, Wade and Bosh are certainly more experienced and in their physical prime. I would caution, however, that a FIBA and Olympics campaign does not make them THAT much more experienced as a core. As you point out, World competition does not equate to NBA level of competition. I do give them more credit than others do for being ahead of the learning curve than others think.

There is also the one thing that even the most cohesive teams must have in order to win a title. For lack of better wording, I'll call it a favorable, serendipitous wind. I think of the Jazz teams with Malone and Stockton, the Kings teams with Bibby and Vlade, or the Suns with Nash and Stoudemire. All great teams that, if none of us knew the history, we would swear were NBA champions at some point. Yet for all of their skill and teamwork, these teams never grabbed the brass ring. Who will the Fates smile upon at the end of this season? We'll see.

Kobe and his lakers should not be so confident and think the heat cannot manage to steal the championship this year.

Rest assured, I don't believe Kobe is taking anything for granted. The fact that he's talking to Bell tells you so. Kobe knows full well how difficult it is to when a single championship, let alone 3 consecutively.

But, again, the Lakers aren't improving simply to be better than the Heat or the Magic or the Celtics alone. We're improving in order to be better than every team in the league.

RaiderLakersA's
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
It'd be even funnier if he signed with the heat (not likely to my knowledge) but good move by Kobe being grown up and asking someone to join(who he may strongly dislike) who is a great pick for LA

From the articles that I've read, Bell wanted to sign with the Heat, since Florida is his home state anyway. But their financial constraints may make that impossible.

nickdymez
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM

They managed 3rd place...

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Kobe was mature enough to take a defensive role and not be the scoring option so before you start throwing numbers around, know what u are actually talkin about first

We got gold mainly because of Kobe and Wade

and wade to the bench role? whats your point? do you know what i am arguing? get your facts right as well.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
They managed 3rd place...

at the age of 21, 22, and 24 they managed a bronze at the world level? WOW!! imagine in their prime at the NBA level?!?!

Listen to your rationale and think of what they can do now and not what they did before. I brought these instances up as an example of some experience playing together which no one manages to credit them for. They have shown they can play together at the world level. How about at the nba level? It should be easier.

MiamiLoyal926
07-14-2010, 03:31 PM
I fully agree that as individual players, LeBron, Wade and Bosh are certainly more experienced and in their physical prime. I would caution, however, that a FIBA and Olympics campaign does not make them THAT much more experienced as a core. As you point out, World competition does not equate to NBA level of competition. I do give them more credit than others do for being ahead of the learning curve than others think.

There is also the one thing that even the most cohesive teams must have in order to win a title. For lack of better wording, I'll call it a favorable, serendipitous wind. I think of the Jazz teams with Malone and Stockton, the Kings teams with Bibby and Vlade, or the Suns with Nash and Stoudemire. All great teams that, if none of us knew the history, we would swear were NBA champions at some point. Yet for all of their skill and teamwork, these teams never grabbed the brass ring. Who will the Fates smile upon at the end of this season? We'll see.

Rest assured, I don't believe Kobe is taking anything for granted. The fact that he's talking to Bell tells you so. Kobe knows full well how difficult it is to when a single championship, let alone 3 consecutively.

But, again, the Lakers aren't improving simply to be better than the Heat or the Magic or the Celtics alone. We're improving in order to be better than every team in the league.

:clap: I like your posts. I applaud you for your rationale and well thought through arguments as well as for keeping an open mind and seeing my points rather than giving a defensive rebuttal. I look forward to a well fought season and hopefully a shot at playing the lakers in the finals. For now, we will start the feuding at seeing who gets bell first!

97NYer
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
So right after Artest and Kobe get face to face in the WCF, Artest signs with the Lakers.

And after Raja clotheslines Kobe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8ZukXsWmk) Raja may join the Lakers. I guess Kobe doesn't hold grudges.....

boolish
07-14-2010, 03:39 PM
So right after Artest and Kobe get face to face in the WCF, Artest signs with the Lakers.

And after Raja clotheslines Kobe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V8ZukXsWmk) Raja may join the Lakers. I guess Kobe doesn't hold grudges.....

kobe wants to win and he wants tough ballers on his squad. he knows he needs lock down defenders on wade and bron. he already is looking ahead at a heat final.

boolish
07-14-2010, 03:43 PM

those teams you mentioned didn't win because they had bad luck. they didn't win because other teams were better. the best team wins nearly all the time time in a seven game series. i really think you underestimate how quickly bron wade and bosh will gel. bron can dial down his scoring and become a pure team player. wade can as well. this is what I think people are missing. these guys are going to find the magic on the court. they will CHANGE until they find the right formula, just like MJ did when he knew he had to be more of a team player to win rings.

Chronz
07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Well if you looked at the nuggets play you'd understand why I think highly of Blake.
I saw them play regularly, can you tell me already?

He was a decent role player at best but what he did he did it to the best of his ability and really contributed in all facets. Many times he'd be the one who was guarding the opposing team's starting SG. And did a pretty good job on them more times than not. The intangibles he brings to a team are a major plus. You guys got a quality player there. Poor mans kirk hinrich without the poor shot selection he developed recently (mostly because he was asked to play SG).
Sounds like the guy I had rated below Brown, but its too small too really bicker over, fine you win

Oh and you still have no point. With saying how I essentially compared blake and brown. I did not. Its two separate positions in the back court with both players play two DIFFERENT positions. How can I compare them. I did no such thing. I compared Blake to Farmar.... and..... Raja to Shannon.
Whats the difference between what I said? Are you implying you dont know how to evaluate the COMBINED impact the 2 backcourts would have on their teams? Thats what I was saying, and within that context I do have a point because (before) I was saying there is no way the Lakers come out on top unless Bell regains any semblance of an offensive game. That changed the minute I realized Brown wasnt as efficient as I had thought he was, you following me now. Now its basically a wash, but prolly still worse off if Bell is a bum.

artest_kobe
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
yes sir.

Verbal Christ
07-14-2010, 06:57 PM
if raja is healthy and playing that good defense he could really bolster the PG spot. he and kobe on the floor at the same time would really make it hard for opposing guards to score.

Swashcuff
07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
I saw them play regularly, can you tell me already?

Sounds like the guy I had rated below Brown, but its too small too really bicker over, fine you win

Whats the difference between what I said? Are you implying you dont know how to evaluate the COMBINED impact the 2 backcourts would have on their teams? Thats what I was saying, and within that context I do have a point because (before) I was saying there is no way the Lakers come out on top unless Bell regains any semblance of an offensive game. That changed the minute I realized Brown wasnt as efficient as I had thought he was, you following me now. Now its basically a wash, but prolly still worse off if Bell is a bum.

Know what you think you know it all... no sense debating this with you. Next season will show you how wrong you are. Blake at PG and Bell at SG a wash with Farmar and Brown??? Sigh!!! As a laker fan I thought u'd understand what qualities winning basketball players have. Guess you don't

Chronz
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
So vague

Penetra8r
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Guess its a smoke screen

Swashcuff
07-15-2010, 08:07 AM
can't believe Raja ditched Kobe. Didn't even care to hear what Kobe wanted to say. Chose the $$$$ over a shot at the ship.

xbrackattackx
07-15-2010, 09:17 AM
I bet he signs with Utah, I have a feeling.