PDA

View Full Version : Shaq should return to la to end his career

ldawg
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Shaq Should return to the Lakers at a discount rate and finish his career back up to Bynum and to restore his tarnish legacy. Return to the Team he had the most success And were his Jersey should be retired. its sad to see him team hoping

dnewguy
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
If he returns anywhere, he should return to the Magic where he started his career.

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
No. I think Shaq should go wherever he wants. If he feels he's still a starter, go to a team where he can help them contend.

His legacy as a Laker is set in stone. He was the most dominant player of the last decade and I doubt anyone will forget that.

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
i dont think shaq will return to la

ldawg
07-13-2010, 11:06 AM
No. I think Shaq should go wherever he wants. If he feels he's still a starter, go to a team where he can help them contend.

His legacy as a Laker is set in stone. He was the most dominant player of the last decade and I doubt anyone will forget that.But he was not the best big man That goes to Duncan even in a small market.

prash
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Shaq will absolutely not return to LA. Didn't you hear what Kobe said in the press room after game 7??

I'm thinking he'll be in Miami again.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
It'll be a nice story book way to finish his career, mend things with Kobe and go out being more respected by Laker nation than he is now. But do I think he should, No.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 11:09 AM

His legacy as a Laker is set in stone. He was the most dominant player of the last decade and I doubt anyone will forget that.But he was not the best big man That goes to Duncan even in a small market. paired Kobe and Duncan would of manage more than 3 rings

Swashcuff
Shaq will absolutely not return to LA. Didn't you hear what Kobe said in the press room after game 7??

I'm thinking he'll be in Miami again.

the question is not will he its should he

Swashcuff
But he was not the best big man That goes to Duncan even in a small market. paired Kobe and Duncan would of manage more than 3 rings

so what you are basically saying is that TD>Shaq?

ldawg
Two is a pair three is a crowd

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Magic, Heat or Knicks

prash
07-13-2010, 11:12 AM
At their primes Shaq > TD. But over their entire careers TD > Shaq.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
so what you are basically saying is that TD>Shaq?Yep

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
But he was not the best big man That goes to Duncan even in a small market.

Most dominant big man and most skilled big man are two different things. There were 3-4 years where Shaq literally could not be stopped by anyone. You can ask TD.

TD was probably the most skilled big man. But Shaq dominated the league....no matter which market he was in.

liliverson819
07-13-2010, 11:14 AM
I say Shaq should just go back to Miami and win a ring to tie Kobe this year win another next year to surpass him and call it quits.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Yep

What Prash said.

Shaq had the better peak/prime!

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Shaq coming back to LA would be great for the city of LA but I think Kobe / Shaq lovers

quarrel still smolders even though it appears its all brushed under the carpet

The Raven
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Itd be a great story if he did but, im not sure if Shaq and Kobe can really play together

king4day
07-13-2010, 11:53 AM
His career isn't tarnished. He should play where he's needed.
Dallas or Atlanta would be good picks.

pebloemer
07-13-2010, 11:59 AM
His career isn't tarnished. He should play where he's needed.
Dallas or Atlanta would be good picks.

Agreed those would be good picks. Don't see a fit for him with Gasol, Bynum and Odom in the front court. Also don't think they need any past coming back with Bryant. This is Kobe's team and I doubt he wants anything to do with Shaq beside him.

LTS
07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
TD has longevity when it comes to his career but Shaq was unbeatable for awhile there.

as for thread I thinkit would be cool but he would probably prefer miami before LA

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Thats what would have happened if some stupid morong didnt have anything better to do after winning the finals than to start bashing him.

Now i guess he joins miami for 3 years and the minimum and when he retires he says.

Hey you stupid im 2 up MOFO and you are worn out and wont win another.

Sad, but thats how it will be,

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Thats what would have happened if some stupid morong didnt have anything better to do after winning the finals than to start bashing him.

Now i guess he joins miami for 3 years and the minimum and when he retires he says.

Hey you stupid im 2 up MOFO and you are worn out and wont win another.

Sad, but thats how it will be,

????

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
oh and by the way crooner WORST sig ever

kbaxter34
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
But he was not the best big man That goes to Duncan even in a small market. paired Kobe and Duncan would of manage more than 3 rings

I completly dissagree with both of these points. I think the last 3 years of Shaqs career have clouded your judgement a little bit.

Lets remember that Shaq is entering his 19th season in the league and TD is only entering his 14th. If you compare the first 13 seasons of Shaq's career with TDs its not even close. Shaq was by far the better player. Timmy's best 5 seasons during that time are not even as good as Shaq's 5 worst seasons.

Even with Shaq on the decline over the last 4 or so years, his career numbers are still on par or better then TDs.

They are both great players and HOFers, but Shaq dominated this league for the better part of 10 years. Has Tim Duncan ever dominated this league. I think not.

As for weather or not he should return to LA, I still think there is tension between Kobe and Shaq and don't feel that would be best for the Lakers at this point. The addition of shaq could destroy the chemistry of a championship team. I see him going back to Miami

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
????

he is one down.

I fhe signs three eyars with Miami and gets 3 rings he is 2 up.

And forget it we ar enot defeating them.

If refs reffed the right way we WOULD win against thema becaus ewe have a BETTER team.

BUt you know Nba, MOney, Star calls, they are getting away with 80 Ft per game.

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 12:35 PM
He was the most dominant player of the last decade and I doubt anyone will forget that.

I think people are already starting to forget how dominant Shaq was back in the day. I call it the Tim Duncan effect. People forget how great these guys were in their prime. A shame, really.

Shaq wants to play one more year. Wherever he signs is fine with me. The problem will be finding a team that needs his services at his expected asking price. I haven't heard Shaq come out and say that he'd work for the vet. minimum.

blue collar B
07-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Those of you saying TD was more dominant than Shaq are out to Lunch. Those Laker teams Shaq played on and carried where much better than any of those Spur championship teams. It's not just the championships for Shaq it's how he won them. Just complete dominance. Sweeps and one sided victories. Those of you saying TD was more dominant, I doubt you even really saw Shaq play in his prime. TD was a great player and a professional but no Shaq. There was only one Shaq in the history of the game!!!

Russell_Roberts
07-13-2010, 12:54 PM
the best team for him is spurs. all of them old. hell fit-in. play that slow tempo game

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Not a good idea.

amoore87
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
hes not going with dwight for sure

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
he is one down.

I fhe signs three eyars with Miami and gets 3 rings he is 2 up.

And forget it we ar enot defeating them.

If refs reffed the right way we WOULD win against thema becaus ewe have a BETTER team.

BUt you know Nba, MOney, Star calls, they are getting away with 80 Ft per game.

You mean like the 20 something free throw attempts the Lakers got in the 4th quarter of game 7....

PS your sig looks like you were sniffing those crayons before you scribbled on that logo

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
You mean like the 20 something free throw attempts the Lakers got in the 4th quarter of game 7....

PS your sig looks like you were sniffing those crayons before you scribbled on that logo

nah that just hapens when one teams game plan is being as thighis as posible o try to scare the euroboy on the other team.

ANd what crayons'? neve heard of Paint? ocmes with explorer.

mlisica19
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM
He should do w.e makes him happy. He is not at all tarnishing his career. He's just making new exciting chapters going around playing with the best. he will retire when he can't do it anymore, but I think he will for one more year. I also think shaq has too much respect to go back to miami in the manner of how they departed, at the same time its the same scenario with the lakers.

I bet he would love to join up with james and wade again, to quite possibly start!!! And win a highly possible ring most likely against last years champions who is his old team. Hed love it, but I don't think he will.

He will prob go to a top tier team, somewhere he's no where been yet and somewhere hell enjoy being and playing with a great player.

Such places I can think of are

Knicks- play for MSG but signing of amare and dantoni coaching he may not
Dallas- play with dirk and kidd
Thunder- play with a young team of westbrook and durant
And prob the bulls, as you all know have space and skill

He shpuld go to bulls or dallas

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
nah that just hapens when one teams game plan is being as thighis as posible o try to scare the euroboy on the other team.

ANd what crayons'? neve heard of Paint? ocmes with explorer.

Oh ok.... sniffing paint makes more sense.

LA_Raiders
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
It would be great to clean his image in LA and we do need a back C, but will his ego let him?

bynum is injured all the time so he might be able to start some games and rest some for POffs time..

It would be great for the bench... but It wont happen...

m26555
07-13-2010, 01:25 PM
What Prash said.

Shaq had the better peak/prime!
Shaq was more dominant; that doesn't mean he was the better player.

Give me Duncan.

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Give me Duncan.

Shaq from 1992-2004 was waaaaaaaaaaay better than Duncan from 1997-present

m26555
07-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Shaq from 1992-2004 was waaaaaaaaaaay better than Duncan from 1997-present
I don't see how you can possibly say he was "waaaaaaaaaaaaay" better. I can see you giving Shaq a slight edge, but "waaaaaaaaaaaaay" better? Don't be ridiculous.

nycclipse110
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM
its crazy that people dont remember how good shaq really was...

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 01:47 PM
quarrel still smolders even though it appears its all brushed under the carpet

I agree. I imagine long after both men have retired there will be discussions about their dispute/falling out/rivalry.

Tony_Starks
07-13-2010, 01:52 PM
He definitely should to finish his career as a Laker. At the end of the day there is a big difference between going down as a great player and going down as a great Laker. After what he helped bring to LA he deserves to be among that fraternity of Laker greats and I think he needs to retire there for it to really cement it.

But I can't see him being humble enough to back up Bynum. If Miami will have him back I see him wrapping it up there.

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 01:53 PM

Give me Duncan.

......waiting for someone to start a thread titled, "What if Kobe had played with Duncan instead of Shaq?" :D

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 01:59 PM
......waiting for someone to start a thread titled, "What if Kobe had played with Duncan instead of Shaq?" :D

;)

ldawg
07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I completly dissagree with both of these points. I think the last 3 years of Shaqs career have clouded your judgement a little bit.

Lets remember that Shaq is entering his 19th season in the league and TD is only entering his 14th. If you compare the first 13 seasons of Shaq's career with TDs its not even close. Shaq was by far the better player. Timmy's best 5 seasons during that time are not even as good as Shaq's 5 worst seasons.

Even with Shaq on the decline over the last 4 or so years, his career numbers are still on par or better then TDs.

They are both great players and HOFers, but Shaq dominated this league for the better part of 10 years. Has Tim Duncan ever dominated this league. I think not.

As for weather or not he should return to LA, I still think there is tension between Kobe and Shaq and don't feel that would be best for the Lakers at this point. The addition of shaq could destroy the chemistry of a championship team. I see him going back to Miami

No sometimes you have to look pass the politics of the NBA Shaq got the benefit of calls for quite some time. For the NBA to be successful they have to market some players. Shaq will always be the most Dominant big man ever until Someone else comes along. You are correct Tim was more skill than Muscle and that is basketball not football. Tim never played with anyone on Penny, Kobes, Wades or Lebron Level avg 30ppg but he still beat Shaq before and has 4 rings as well. If Kobe won 2 with Pau imagine how many he could have won with Timmy.

nycclipse110
07-13-2010, 02:02 PM
is that a joke? because shaq was so big there was a double standard on the way people were allowed to defend him. hits that would have been fouls against any other player in the nba were not considered fouls if u did it to shaq. cmon.

strokeman
07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Shaq to LA would be interesting, old vs young, LAL vs MIA it would be pretty ez to get playing time behind Bynum and they will bring out the best in each other with Shaq as his mentor! Plus Shaq and kobe can show that they are grown men now trying to prove that they are the best 2 man dynasty ever!

ldawg
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Shaq to La makes to Most sense Its good for NBA, good for Lakers(Marketing), good for Kobe(move pass his child hood days) and its good for Shaq(Move pass his child hood days and Place he can call home end his career) oh and don't forget to make Kazaam 2

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 02:12 PM
^^^^ no it doesn't make "to" most sense

kjdills13
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
But he was not the best big man That goes to Duncan even in a small market.

i would have to disagree! in there primes if i could have duncan or shaq i would and most people would choose shaq.

I think duncan is an altime great and one of the best PF's to ever live but shaq couldnt be stopped in his prime they changed the rules so shaq couldnt camp in the paint on defense.

Chronz
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
That says more about Duncans unselfishness as an individual and letting Kobe get all the shine than it does about their abilities as players. Kobe and Shaq are without a doubt a better pairing than Duncan and Kobe, if only their egos didnt get in the way of it all. Then again who knows, Kobe had that effect on players early in his career. He just rubbed vets the wrong way, maybe Duncan cracks under the pressure, maybe Kobe bolts from Small Market San Antone. Point being, there are too many possibilities left to account for. Who does Shaq get if not Kobe? Can he get Tmac? I know for a fact those 2 wouldve gotten along much better than Kobe and Shaq. Tmacs Prime coincided with Kobes and for the most part he was a better passer and shooter in his early days. The 2 wouldve been a magical pairing.

so what you are basically saying is that TD>Shaq?Did you get that after the first or second duplicate post?

so what you are basically saying is that TD>Shaq?Did you get that after the first or second duplicate post?

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
they changed the rules so shaq couldnt camp in the paint on defense.

They also changed the unofficial definition of what a foul is to favor Shaq. You'll note that in the present day NBA whenever Shaq dislodges someone, a foul is called. Back then, it wasn't.

I agree that Shaq was more dominant, but Duncan never had the league shuffle and contort to make the flow of the game suit him. Duncan was so skilled that it didn't matter. That's why many feel that he was the best big man to play the game, albeit, not the most dominant.

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 02:33 PM

That's too big of an IF....Shaq and Kobe were dominant together. Hard to imagine him with Tim being much better.

PLAYERS FAN
07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I hope Shaq goes to Miami.

Teeboy1487
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I would love to see Shaq end his career in LA. Seeing Phil coach Kobe, Shaq, and Fish again would be amazing. However, it seems unlikely. Kobe still holds a grudge. I really do believe Shaq would have been back to LA if Kobe did not say that crap after Game 7.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 02:49 PM
i would have to disagree! in there primes if i could have duncan or shaq i would and most people would choose shaq.

I think duncan is an altime great and one of the best PF's to ever live but shaq couldnt be stopped in his prime they changed the rules so shaq couldnt camp in the paint on defense.Nope i would go with Timmy sometimes the minivan is better than a sports car. Shaqs Ego got in the way of winning and and it wasted a few year rebuilding plus Timmy skills is more use full and his skill can out last the muscle keeping the window of winning open longer. Not to mention if it was not for some bent rule Shaq would be in fowl trouble all the time. Even an old Hakeen out skilled Shaq. Make no mistake Shaq was a Force once he caught you 4 ft away from the basket no one could stop there if he did get your -- out the way. I will never forget sir Charles getting hit with one of the famous elbows and body slam Shaq.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Kobe should man up and extend a welcome back to Shaq and move on

kbaxter34
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
No sometimes you have to look pass the politics of the NBA Shaq got the benefit of calls for quite some time. For the NBA to be successful they have to market some players. Shaq will always be the most Dominant big man ever until Someone else comes along. You are correct Tim was more skill than Muscle and that is basketball not football. Tim never played with anyone on Penny, Kobes, Wades or Lebron Level avg 30ppg but he still beat Shaq before and has 4 rings as well. If Kobe won 2 with Pau imagine how many he could have won with Timmy.

At no time did Shaq benefit from calls. If anything he got calls less often because like nycclipse110 said typical fouls for smaller players looked a lot less impeding on the big fella. He would take twice as much punishment then any other player.

AS for Tim not playing with anyone and still beating Shaq, I seem to remember some guy called The Admiral playing with him for the first 5 years of his career and helping Timmy win a couple of championships

ldawg
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
At no time did Shaq benefit from calls. If anything he got calls less often because like nycclipse110 said typical fouls for smaller players looked a lot less impeding on the big fella. He would take twice as much punishment then any other player.

AS for Tim not playing with anyone and still beating Shaq, I seem to remember some guy called The Admiral playing with him for the first 5 years of his career and helping Timmy win a couple of championshipsso he was old

kbaxter34
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Nope i would go with Timmy sometimes the minivan is better than a sports car. Shaqs Ego got in the way of winning and and it wasted a few year rebuilding plus Timmy skills is more use full and his skill can out last the muscle keeping the window of winning open longer. Not to mention if it was not for some bent rule Shaq would be in fowl trouble all the time. Even an old Hakeen out skilled Shaq

For his size Shaq was the most skilled big man to every play this game. His footwork in the paint was amazing. His quickness was unmatched by any other bigs his size. His drop step and baby hook were unstopable. Duncan is the more skilled player but its not as big of a difference as some would make it out to be. Shaq was not just all muscle. He had a ton of skill to help make him the most dominating player of this era.

kbaxter34
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Wrong Admiral one only 1 and retired.

Wrong
1998-99 & 2002-03

Lakers14
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Shaq should got to the HAWKS or Spurs, I think he would be a start and a good fit for both teams. No matter where Shaq end up Lakers will repeat as Champs.

3 PEAT

Human FlameShld
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Kobe forced Shaq out...Shaq complimented Kobe after the finals this past year, Kobe responds by trashing Shaq....Shaq should under no circumstance play with Kobe

ldawg
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Shaq should got to the HAWKS or Spurs, I think he would be a start and a good fit for both teams. No matter where Shaq end up Lakers will repeat as Champs.

3 PEATbetween Shaq and Timmy how many ft well they miss

HabsFan87
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
WOW!!! No fen way do we WANT, NEED, or even WILL consider ever, ever bringing this whiny, me first Kobe wannabe hasbeen back. NEVER NEVER NEVER, I CANT BELIEVE THIS THREAD, ARE YOU A LAKERS FAN?!?!?!?!

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM

This.

HabsFan87
07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
SHAQ's a big ego. You don't think Kobe is offered movie roles and limelight? Yes! Does he take his image and bring himself down to that level for more fame and money? NO!

Shaq is such a joke. Thanks for the memories of the rings, but please stay away from our team and the great chemistry that exists without YOU there!

PLAYERS FAN
07-13-2010, 03:30 PM
SHAQ's a big ego. You don't think Kobe is offered movie roles and limelight? Yes! Does he take his image and bring himself down to that level for more fame and money? NO!

Shaq is such a joke. Thanks for the memories of the rings, but please stay away from our team and the great chemistry that exists without YOU there!

:clap: