PDA

View Full Version : Kobe to meet with Raja Bell

Highlight
07-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Kobe Bryant is scheduled to meet with Raja Bell this week to discuss Bell joining the Lakers.
Like Kobe and Ron Artest, Bryant also has a history with Bell, as the two had several near altercations when Bell played for the Suns a few years ago. He's a perfect role player and defensive stopper for the Lakers, so don't be surprised to see him land in L.A.

http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/18438672458

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 10:16 AM
HELL YES!!! I'm loving the work Kobe is putting in on behalf of the FO.

Nobody can turn down the Kobester, ask D Fish.

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Bring him to the Champs Kobe.

BG946
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
YES! Good Job...Dont know if this was Kobe's idea or the FO, but either way, our chances of getting Bell just got a heck of a lot better!!!! Kobe knows how to sell success...

Burleson81
07-13-2010, 10:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5375672

Updated: July 13, 2010, 10:11 AM ET
Sources: Bryant, Bell to meet

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The seemingly hard-to-picture prospect of Kobe Bryant and old nemesis Raja Bell playing for the same team remains alive.

The longtime rivals will sit down for a face-to-face chat Wednesday in Los Angeles to further discuss the feasibility of the Lakers signing Bell in free agency, sources close to the situation said.

Bell is traveling to Los Angeles this week to watch the ESPYs and has arranged to meet with Bryant to hear the Lakers' face of the franchise make yet another recruiting pitch to the 33-year-old swingman.

Thank God for the ESPY's in LA. :D

showtym24
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Love it. Hopefully he signs.

bolts4ever
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Seems like Mitch is trying to build a team full of PITBULLS!!!!

Fisher, Kobe,Artest, Blake, Ebanks

Bell, Barnes

SICK'em BOYZ!!!!! Lol..lol talk about some competitive practices. Might get physical.

LakersChamps
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
:clap: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5375672

YAAAA!! We need this guy...hope it happens..

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 10:51 AM
Seems like Mitch is trying to build a team full of PITBULLS!!!!

Fisher, Kobe,Artest, Blake, Ebanks

Bell, Barnes

SICK'em BOYZ!!!!! Lol..lol talk about some competitive practices. Might get physical.

Very Reminiscent of the 08 Celtics

Or the 80's pistons for that matter.

swinjas
07-13-2010, 10:53 AM
this would be ****ing great , when kob's helping recruit he get's it done either ,

so welcome Rajaaaa Belllll

Avenged
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Get it done Kobe.

With Bell in the mix, we'd have a very good (complete) defensive team. :)

Burleson81
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Man, you guys don't read other threads? :mad:

Storch
07-13-2010, 10:59 AM
hopefully kobe can help us sign this 'kid'

swinjas
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
this would be ****ing great , when kobe's helping recruit he get's it done either ,

so welcome Rajaaaa Belllll !!!!!!

Lakeshow86
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
I sure hope we get him. You know those three stooges in miami are probably talking to him too. But this is LA Lakers. Thats like choosing between the Yankee's and the Brewers. Lakers are a team with great chemistry and experience and talent. Miami hasnt proven anything. They are just good on paper. Who knows how those three will work together?

_Supreme_
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
You know those three stooges in miami are probably talking to him too.

I haven't heard anything about how serious Miami's interest is for Raja Bell, but then again Riley & co never let much out until someone is as good as signed.

Let's also not forget that Bell is from Miami.

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Maybe Kobe might shave some salary under the table for Bell

lakers4sho
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
If Bell still declines after this, I will hate him forever.

lakers4sho
07-13-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509087

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Man, you guys don't read other threads? :mad:

The other thread was based on information from a tweet :)

This thread includes the link of the whole story :clap:

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM

There is no reason they could not be combined, the Lakers forum is awful when it comes to clutter.

enserio
07-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I 've got better information on the same topic - so lemme start a new thread.

Burleson81
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM

I posted the same link in the other thread. You should read first. :bang::crazy:

x_notorious
07-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I merged them together, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Love the recruiting by Kobe and hopefully Bell signs. Bench mob will vastly improve if he decides to join.

PG: Blake/Sasha
SG: Bell/Sasha
SF: Walton/EBanks
PF: Lamar/Caracter
C: Free agent/Drew/Gasol/Caracter

:drool:

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM

Love the recruiting by Kobe and hopefully Bell signs. Bench mob will vastly improve if he decides to join.

I'd imagine that Sasha would probably play over Walton in that scenario.

Burleson81
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM

Ahmm, do you think they're waiving the guy in your sig? :confused: :facepalm:

x_notorious
07-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Ahmm, do you think they're waiving the guy in your sig? :confused: :facepalm:

Um, no? Last time I checked, Ron Artest was a starter, not a part of the bench mob. Don't make assumptions that make NO sense whatsoever. Artest could play alongside with them, but he isn't coming off the bench like the players I mentioned. Bynum and Gasol are there because Phil rotates the two so at least one is playing with the second unit.

:yawn:

Reclaim
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Thank God for the ESPY's in LA. :D

Another win in LA?:shrug:

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
^^ lol Reclaim....You stole Ray's line!! hahahahhaha

J4KOP99
07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Great news for us if he signs. We still need a solid big though.

The Raven
07-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Good stuff. Kobe needs to get this guy in. Hopefully he can work his magic

CalJo1617
07-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Kobe will be a top executive when he hangs up the sneakers. just like his mentor, mr. logo

shep33
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
He hasn't signed anything yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. He still has the option to play in Miami and he's supposedly always wanted to play under Pat Riley.

Honestly I'm 50/50 on Bell, at first I was thought he'd be perfect, but he's 33 coming off of season ending surgery. I dunno, its hard to say, I mean I haven't seen him play in a year and a half, so I don't know how good he is anymore... that's my one concern. But heck, Kobe and Mitch no better than myself haha, pretty sure they know what they're doing.

Zefflin
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Haha jesus Kobe swing Raja this way for the complete bench boost we needed.

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Doesn't this look like a better lineup?

SG: Sasha/Bell
SF: Bell/Walton
C: Drew/Gasol/Caracter

I think Bell is strong enough to guard the opposing teams 3. I mean Kobe does it on a regular basis.

I even think during stretches of the game you could see a Defensive powerhouse out there that looks like:

PG: Blake
SG: Bell
SF: Bryant
PF: Artest
C: Bynum

IF we matched up with Miami in the finals I can see this lineup being used a lot. (Bynum and Gasol are interchangeable)

Blake on Chalmers
Bryant on Dwade.
Artest on James
Bynum on Haslem
Gasol on Bosh

Then you can sub bell in and not drop off on D against Wade.

We would def. win the battle of the boards and paint against this team. Bosh is softttttt....Gasol/Bynum will eat him alive. All you have to do is keep Haslem off the board and we would be golden.

Just thinking out loud here guys.

New Power House
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I haven't heard anything about how serious Miami's interest is for Raja Bell, but then again Riley & co never let much out until someone is as good as signed.

The world knew where THE QUEEN was going to end,way before he came out on TV:facepalm: DO not try to pretend that Riley & "co" all the suden are all business.:mad:

New Power House
07-13-2010, 01:56 PM

Walton is done! Ebanks is going to be tested to see if he is capable to step up and take his place.The center that they will sign will play more during the pre-season,but later on it will be more Bynum or Gasol as centers for the second unit. It could be Barnes instead of Bell.

IDB Josh M
07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
The world knew where THE QUEEN was going to end,way before he came out on TV:facepalm: DO not try to pretend that Riley & "co" all the suden are all business.:mad:

Thank you NPH! Thank you for saying that. Everyone saying Riley is a genius confuse "genius" with "lucky."

socalpkrbkr
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Kobe putting in a little FO type of work. I like it! I'm not so sure about Bell because of his injury but there's not a whole lot better out there for what we can afford.

banglawiz
07-13-2010, 02:25 PM

i heard beels first choise is the state of floriday the heat n the majics just beacause thats his home town n if he goes there his family could be closer to his mom and spent more time toghether but he hasnt ruled out the Lakers.

o.reams2425
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
i like bell. wood like someone who could create their own shot outside of KING KOBE even better though.

nanablvd
07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
If the Lakers sign Bell they need to get Ebanks in the roster to replace Shannon's athleticism.

LakersWin
07-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Kobe & The Black Mamba going in for Kill. Show EVERYONE your RINGS & Larry O'Brien trophies fresh off the press !!!

SP@Z.
07-13-2010, 02:51 PM
It's a done deal. Raja's not turning this down.

Unless, this is actually a "sitdown" and Kobe's using this opportunity to get him wacked. lol

Rocco007
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure what Bell's market is...
But he would strengthen 2 areas in one...
Outside shooting and perimeter defense...

still1ballin
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
All he has to do is show the rings. I am sure Kobe will be able to persuade him into joining. Kobe needs to chat with Tmac too

KillaInstinct24
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
kobe's gonna hand bell a few mill under the table

nanablvd
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I would go for this order: Bell>Tmac>Barnes. Given their ages and the attractions for the Lakers, I believe one of them will end up signing with the team.

KillaInstinct24
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I would go for this order: Bell>Tmac>Barnes. Given their ages and the attractions for the Lakers, I believe one of them will end up signing with the team.

agreed :clap:

Oaktown R8ers
07-13-2010, 05:26 PM
omg if we get bell tmac and barnes its a 3peat for sure

BigGuy951
07-13-2010, 05:40 PM
We won't get all three but that'd be nice haha.

I like Kobe stepping up for the FO. I hope he signs, if not, the FO needs to have a chat with T-Mac b/c he REALLLYYY sounds like he want sto play for the Lakers.

RollinDeep
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
omg if we get bell tmac and barnes its a 3peat for sure

Hah, would be nice to have all those options, even though we wouldn't have the minutes to fit them. Bell + 1 of those would be more than enough to set the backcourt.

New Power House
07-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Hah, would be nice to have all those options, even though we wouldn't have the minutes to fit them. Bell + 1 of those would be more than enough to set the backcourt.

Besides Bell or any other 2 or 3,we need an upgrade to the PF or center position. If the Lakers bring a PF or a center that can shoot the three will be really good. Harrington is one that comes to mind. I am not sure if Lakers can afford him,but he will give the Lakers another look. Odom can not give us that kind of variable against Suns or Celts when they bring their three point shooters PF or Center. Who else is available that can provide the LAkers with this skill.

robdizzle3
07-13-2010, 06:00 PM

Haha. Couldnt agree more. Every signing they had has been leaked. Tryna get Fish, Miller and even bell.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Kobe need to have a meeting with Shaq and Tmac or Barnes as well

Fisher,Blake
Kobe,Bell,Sasha
Artest,Tmac,Ebanks
Pau,Odom,Caracter
Bynum,Shaq

KillaInstinct24
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Kobe need to have a meeting with Shaq and Tmac or Barnes as well

Fisher,Blake
Kobe,Bell,Sasha
Artest,Tmac,Ebanks
Pau,Odom,Caracter
Bynum,Shaq

yeah, you know what? you're right. we do need a cancer on this team. ron artest didnt do his job and mess up the chemistry. why not bring in shaq? :facepalm:

ldawg
07-13-2010, 06:39 PM
yeah, you know what? you're right. we do need a cancer on this team. ron artest didnt do his job and mess up the chemistry. why not bring in shaq? :facepalm:That is why we pay Fisher and Phil the big bucks to keep egos in line. The difference is this time Shaq knows he is not the Man plus he looks as if he has grown pass that will you do the same. Have you heard him say peep so far about Cavs? We need a back up Center and Shaq is the best thats left. I am Sure shaq will want to beat Miami Plus he Knows the Offense already and Phil knows how to use him. old school vs new school lets see who win. I dont care what you say This would become must see tv. Old and Young people will want to see this. This will even give M Jordon Magic and Bird the itch. This would go down as the best Finals in the history of the NBA.

Fisher,Blake
Kobe,Bell,Sasha
Artest,Tmac,Ebanks
Pau,Odom,Caracter
Bynum,Shaq

RidgeRaider24
07-13-2010, 06:45 PM
hell ya sign him mitch

bocajr22
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey fellas,

I posted this last night but then my post was erased by socalpkrbkr
I know several people very close to the laker organization (agents and announcers) and they told me that the lakers were (this was yesterday) picking between Barnes and Bell...they have to move sasha in order to have cap room to get Barnes (he just turned down 2.8 per from the magic cuz he wants 3-4.5) but there are probs trying to get rid of sasha....just know we will be getting one of them. If Bell does sign with us, it will be within 48 hrs. Of course there are no inks to this because its not public knowledge yet, so u can believe if you want...but know that I am not making this up for fun lol (check my old couple of posts for info). Also, I havent heard anything yet about kurt thomas but i'll let u know.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey fellas,

I know several people very close to the laker organization (agents and announcers) and they told me that the lakers were (this was yesterday) picking between Barnes and Bell...they have to move sasha in order to have cap room to get Barnes (he just turned down 2.8 per from the magic cuz he wants 3-4.5) but there are probs trying to get rid of sasha....just know we will be getting one of them. If Bell does sign with us, it will be within 48 hrs. Of course there are no inks to this because its not public knowledge yet, so u can believe if you want...but know that I am not making this up for fun lol (check my old couple of posts for info). Also, I havent heard anything yet about kurt thomas but i'll let u know.F thomas get Shaq i want Defense and Brawn like Shaq putting D wade on his back. How old is Thomas 100yrs?

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Hey fellas,

I know several people very close to the laker organization (agents and announcers) and they told me that the lakers were (this was yesterday) picking between Barnes and Bell...they have to move sasha in order to have cap room to get Barnes (he just turned down 2.8 per from the magic cuz he wants 3-4.5) but there are probs trying to get rid of sasha....just know we will be getting one of them. If Bell does sign with us, it will be within 48 hrs. Of course there are no inks to this because its not public knowledge yet, so u can believe if you want...but know that I am not making this up for fun lol (check my old couple of posts for info). Also, I havent heard anything yet about kurt thomas but i'll let u know.

I don't think you or your source understand that we CANNOT sign Barnes for 3-4.5 mil a year. It is impossible so let go of these imaginary sources.

fast_break
if he doesn't sign, Kobe should clothesline his *** :p

deadman8586
That is why we pay Fisher and Phil the big bucks to keep egos in line. The difference is this time Shaq knows he is not the Man plus he looks as if he has grown pass that will you do the same. Have you heard him say peep so far about Cavs? We need a back up Center and Shaq is the best thats left. I am Sure shaq will want to beat Miami Plus he Knows the Offense already and Phil knows how to use him. old school vs new school lets see who win. I dont care what you say This would become must see tv. Old and Young people will want to see this. This will even give M Jordon Magic and Bird the itch. This would go down as the best Finals in the history of the NBA.

Fisher,Blake
Kobe,Bell,Sasha
Artest,Tmac,Ebanks
Pau,Odom,Caracter
Bynum,Shaq

No thank you that bridge has been burned. Also Walton is still on the roster there is no escaping that fact. So it's either Bell or T-Mac not both.

deadman8586
07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
F thomas get Shaq i want Defense and Brawn

I would rather have DJ than those two.

ldawg
07-13-2010, 07:01 PM
I would rather have DJ than those two.You Loco? That dude wild didn't you see Phil left his B on the Pine?

ldawg
07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
No thank you that bridge has been burned. Also Walton is still on the roster there is no escaping that fact. So it's either Bell or T-Mac not both.Well time to put out the flames and reconstruct it. As for Walton what league does he play for?

gr824
07-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey fellas,

I know several (agents and announcers) and they told me that the lakers were (this was yesterday) picking between Barnes and Bell...they have to move sasha in order to have cap room to get Barnes (he just turned down 2.8 per from the magic cuz he wants 3-4.5) but there are probs trying to get rid of sasha....just know we will be getting one of them. If Bell does sign with us, it will be within 48 hrs. Of course there are no inks to this because its not public knowledge yet, so u can believe if you want...but know that I am not making this up for fun lol (check my old couple of posts for info). Also, I havent heard anything yet about kurt thomas but i'll let u know.

Moving Vujacic does absolutely NOTHING to get more $$$s to sign FAs and " ... people very close to the laker organization ... " should be informed/smart enough to know that ... :eyebrow: The Lakers may be looking at Bell and/or Barnes, but the most they can offer either is $1.765 million in Year One of a multi-year pact [ unless a S & T transaction of some sort is in the works ] ...

New Power House
07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
You Loco? That dude wild didn't you see Phil left his B on the Pine?

So,we can call you loco when you post here? Do not insult your fellow Lakers!

KillaInstinct24
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
That is why we pay Fisher and Phil the big bucks to keep egos in line. The difference is this time Shaq knows he is not the Man plus he looks as if he has grown pass that will you do the same. Have you heard him say peep so far about Cavs? We need a back up Center and Shaq is the best thats left. I am Sure shaq will want to beat Miami Plus he Knows the Offense already and Phil knows how to use him. old school vs new school lets see who win. I dont care what you say This would become must see tv. Old and Young people will want to see this. This will even give M Jordon Magic and Bird the itch. This would go down as the best Finals in the history of the NBA.

Fisher,Blake
Kobe,Bell,Sasha
Artest,Tmac,Ebanks
Pau,Odom,Caracter
Bynum,Shaq

shaq has caused drama everywhere he goes, and at this point phil isnt gonna keep him in check. our team doesnt need distractions. if you havent noticed, kobe STILL does not like Shaq. did you see him after game 7? he was laughing but he was serious about getting more than shaq, that all star game in 2009 was just a stunt. and who cares about putting up some old school v new school media frenzied WWE-minded finals. thats garbage and no real basketball fan gives a F about it, we just want to win with the least amount of BS and drama. i cant believe you're serious...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

showtime24
07-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Thats kobe gettin it done :clap:

ToLiveInDieInLA
07-13-2010, 07:32 PM
There is a new thread about Kobe recrutting Kurt Thomas as well..........love this by Kobe!! we need 2 more players at minimum salary (all we can afford) were not getting Barnes or Shaq you idiots stop thinking that we can just land about anyone. This isn't a video game were you can turn off the trade settings. If Kobe can get Mitch to get these two on board this is what our roster should look like come the start of the season folks! And this would be a even deeper and more productive bench by far than last year!!!! I could care-less who comes outta the East it won't matter. Give us our 3-peat now!

Kobe
Fisher
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Bell
Blake
Vujacic
Walton
Odom
Carracter
Eubanks

showtime24
07-13-2010, 07:37 PM
There is a new thread about Kobe recrutting Kurt Thomas as well..........love this by Kobe!! we need 2 more players at minimum salary (all we can afford) were not getting Barnes or Shaq you idiots stop thinking that we can just land about anyone. This isn't a video game were you can turn off the trade settings. If Kobe can get Mitch to get these two on board this is what our roster should look like come the start of the season folks! And this would be a even deeper and more productive bench by far than last year!!!! I could care-less who comes outta the East it won't matter. Give us our 3-peat now!

Kobe
Fisher
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Bell
Blake
Vujacic
Walton
Odom
Carracter
Eubanks

you forgot thomas :D

Avenged
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
I can already see Bell clotheslining Wade. :)

kblo247
07-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I can already see Bell clotheslining Wade. :)

More like LeRobin :D. I actually respect Wade still.

Avenged
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
More like LeRobin :D. I actually respect Wade still.

Hah, I don't think Bell is strong enough to knock down Lebron, unfortunately.

BigGuy951
07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Wade's still has some of my respect. LeBiatch, none at all.

BigGuy951
07-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Momentum :D

bolts4ever
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Idea if were trynna get rid of Sasha how bout this

Sasha= Mikael Petrius(Magic are looking to move him per hoopshype.com)

deadman8586
07-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Idea if were trynna get rid of Sasha how bout this

Sasha= Mikael Petrius(Magic are looking to move him per hoopshype.com)

I don't know if they will go for that.

Mr. NBA
07-13-2010, 08:18 PM
This would be a very deadly acquisition. For the Lakers it gives them just the right defensive presence on the perimeter. PJ and the team are still trying to solve issues on perimeter defense and penetration. PJ wants a big to relieve duites from LO/Gasol and Bynum. But the bigger reason is to get a dude who can play to stop penetration in the lane. a nice backup stopping defensive penetration.

Raja Bell would be a very fine acquisition indeed.

showtime24
07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
If Raja signs he can lock down Dwade and Ron can lock down Lebron.

Kobe will only have to worry about scoring 30-40 pts a night. :D

New Power House
07-13-2010, 08:53 PM

We have Artest to do so!:rolleyes:

BlackMambaKBB24
07-13-2010, 09:00 PM
What is the reality that we could pick up two of the aformentioned three..I.E. Bell,Barnes, and or T-Mac.(Percentage wise 0-99%)??

J4KOP99
07-13-2010, 09:04 PM
What is the reality that we could pick up two of the aformentioned three..I.E. Bell,Barnes, and or T-Mac.(Percentage wise 0-99%)??

Coming from a financial stand-point, I would say it is unlikely, and maybe around 30%.

If we get, say Bell, I think we will then turn our focus toward a big man.(Maybe Kurt Thomas)

And then we will fill-up the rest of our roster with Caracter and Ebanks, our two 2nd round draft picks.

Mr. NBA
07-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Coming from a financial stand-point, I would say it is unlikely, and maybe around 30%.

If we get, say Bell, I think we will then turn our focus toward a big man.(Maybe Kurt Thomas)

And then we will fill-up the rest of our roster with Caracter and Ebanks, our two 2nd round draft picks.

If you factor personal issues that 30% drops way lower probably to like 15%.

i'd say getting one is very hard. Getting 2 out of 3 is pretty bleak.

Iceman_9
07-13-2010, 09:28 PM
go kobe!!!

ToLiveInDieInLA
07-13-2010, 10:30 PM
you forgot thomas :D

My bad.................

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Bell/Vujacic
Artest/Walton
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Thomas
Eubanks

evadatam5150
07-13-2010, 10:49 PM
I posted the same link in the other thread. You should read first. :bang::crazy:

Seriously...??!! :catfight:

Dude, it's about the story, it's about the Lakers repeating and putting a foot up the arse of the East Coast upstarts..!! We land Bell and we have a couple top notch defenders that can match up with just about anyone.. And here you are crying cause someone posted the same story.. :cry:

200 posts...??? You're lucky we let you talk.. :speechless: Okay maybe I went too far.. Seriously.. It's about the story dude.. It's about the Lakers.. Bell would look solid on this team.. Defense, length, good spot up shooter.. Nice.. :clap:

jumito
07-13-2010, 10:50 PM

So this means that shanoon brown is out of the line up then?

B.JenningsMVP
07-13-2010, 10:53 PM
I think signing Bell & Thomas would be it as far as off-season additions go... Then we just sign Ebanks and Caracter & we seeet haaha

LifeLongLaker
07-13-2010, 11:53 PM
So this means that shanoon brown is out of the line up then?

Bad timing Shannon ... or the lakers really don't like this particular agent!!!! {And are saying so about his 'advice' to players}

bren2237
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Is anyone else wondering how this story got out? Or more specifically...that Bell's camp leaked it so the Heat or Magic step up there effort to sign him???

I've read several times that Bell prefers to stay in Florida, and his second choice is Texas due to family reasons.

Maybe I'm overthinking this but why would this get leaked? It either has to be Bell's camp or Kobe's, and I don't see why Kobe would leak this? I can see Kobe talking about it after the meeting if Bell signs, but why do it before (only hurts brown and makes kobe look bad if raja says no)?

Might be wrong (or still might not trust bell for his bs clothsline, ha), but this seems like an attention grabber from Bell's camp. Hope I'm wrong!

Burleson81
07-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Seriously...??!! :catfight:

Dude, it's about the story, it's about the Lakers repeating and putting a foot up the arse of the East Coast upstarts..!! We land Bell and we have a couple top notch defenders that can match up with just about anyone.. And here you are crying cause someone posted the same story.. :cry:

200 posts...??? You're lucky we let you talk.. :speechless: Okay maybe I went too far.. Seriously.. It's about the story dude.. It's about the Lakers.. Bell would look solid on this team.. Defense, length, good spot up shooter.. Nice.. :clap:

Wow you're counting posts? Permission to talk? Are you proclaiming yourself king as well? Maybe you should cheer for Miami? :D

Burleson81
07-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Bad timing Shannon ... or the lakers really don't like this particular agent!!!! {And are saying so about his 'advice' to players}

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/13/raja-bell-meeting-with-lakers-shannon-brown-still-in-mix/

The Lakers are trying to shore up their backup situation at shooting guard behind Bryant. Last season's primary backup, Shannon Brown, is an unrestricted free agent. But Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said in an interview with FanHouse that Brown still could return to Los Angeles.

"We're still talking,'' Bartelstein said. "I'm still talking with Mitch (Kupchak, the Lakers' general manager).''

Brown opted out of a contract last month that would have paid him $2.149 million next season, but has said he wants to return to the Lakers. Bartelstein also has said that.

Because Brown has early-Bird rights, the Lakers can exceed the salary cap and give Brown a decent raise. But they only have $1.765 available to pay Bell out of the mid-level exception, the amount left after Steve Blake signed a deal earlier this month that will pay him $4 million next season.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-14-2010, 12:25 AM
I cant beleive I would have to cheer for Raja Bell if he came to the Lakers. :(

CLASSOF72
07-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Is anyone else wondering how this story got out? Or more specifically...that Bell's camp leaked it so the Heat or Magic step up there effort to sign him???

I've read several times that Bell prefers to stay in Florida, and his second choice is Texas due to family reasons.

Maybe I'm overthinking this but why would this get leaked? It either has to be Bell's camp or Kobe's, and I don't see why Kobe would leak this? I can see Kobe talking about it after the meeting if Bell signs, but why do it before (only hurts brown and makes kobe look bad if raja says no)?

Might be wrong (or still might not trust bell for his bs clothsline, ha), but this seems like an attention grabber from Bell's camp. Hope I'm wrong!

Kind of like the Fish deal in Miami? I agree like always; if we're talking about it in here and the dotted line has not been signed odds are there aint gunna be no dotted line to sign.

ldawg
07-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Bell well go to Miami or play with his home boy Duncan.

Lakers will look like this next year

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Brown/sasha
Artest/Devin/Luke
Pau/Odom/Caracter
Bynum/Thomas

and that don't look good If lakers can't sign Bell they need to sign Tmac as well that roll is to big for Devin come playoff time. and its not a lock for Bynum and Walton to be healthy. and if Kobe get hurt again Brown or Sasha can't fill in effectively.

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Brown/sasha
Artest/tmac/Devin/Luke
Pau/Odom/Caracter
Bynum/Thomas

Chacarron
07-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I want Bell to sign already.

Statik1
07-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Wow you're counting posts? Permission to talk? Are you proclaiming yourself king as well? Maybe you should cheer for Miami? :D

counting posts yup its PSD it does happen

BrewinRamLakers
07-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Lol this tmac stuff is hilarious the guy is like Luke Walton at this stage in his career.

Lakeshow86
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I think its only fair that Lakers get Bell. Heat just singed Big Z to vets min. Big Z is worth more than minimum but he wants a ring. Time for the Lakers to get someone to take less money for a ring.

truplayer199
07-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I think its only fair that Lakers get Bell. Heat just singed Big Z to vets min. Big Z is worth more than minimum but he wants a ring. Time for the Lakers to get someone to take less money for a ring.

I don't see the correlation between the two. Miami still can sign other players to the vets minimum. Why is it safe to say the Lakers will get Bell?

Raidaz4Life
07-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't see the correlation between the two. Miami still can sign other players to the vets minimum. Why is it safe to say the Lakers will get Bell?

Just more naive laker fan logic

MJL
07-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Well, too bad, too late! I like Brown more!