PDA

View Full Version : Wade disses past greats

Moss18
07-13-2010, 08:46 AM
I was watching ESPN today I couldnt believe how badly Wade dissed the greats saying they all needed help. He was making a point about people saying they couldnt do it alone. Wade did it once but right now with his new team he is just saying he couldnt do it alone again. I hated how he pointed out players had help and no one did it by themselves and he said he had stats to proove it.

All I got to say is you look at the Bulls teams in the 90s sure MJ had Pippen thats two hall of famers but I believe the rest of the team consisted of Longley, Harper, Rodman or Grant and Kukoc is he really saying these players are on the same level as Bosh and LBJ. They were all role players who made shots but in no way are in the Hall of Fame. Of course every team had to have other players but how can he compare what he got to what they had and make these claims. He is a jerk and loser and needs his MVP and Bosh to get the job done

Korman12
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
"They all needed help," meaning, they all needed at least one other player. Remember how absolutely difficult it is to win with one star, or all-star.

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
stfu wade...they did it with good role players.....u and ur super retards cant do it by urselves and u guys call urself great players? do not call urselves great coz u guys picked the easier way to get a ring....

dnewguy
07-13-2010, 08:54 AM
I didn't see anywhere Wade "disses" anyone.....the title is misleading

Sparticus
07-13-2010, 08:54 AM
he's right

pistonsfanomg
07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Wade did not diss anyone

All he said is they had help when they were playing

Doesn't mean that he said that they had a superstar

It means that they had role players and/or stars who wanted to win and helped them win the championship.

The ChILL
07-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Title is very misleading.

Chi City23
07-13-2010, 08:58 AM
None of the 'greats' ever called or planned to join each other in free agency either. Who is this clown fooling?! The 'greats did have help, but that help was handpicked by the teams either in the draft, trade or free agency. Did Jordan and Pippen call each other before the draft and plan to team up? Did Kobe and Shaq have an agreement to play together when Shaq went to the Lakers in free agency?

What Wade, Lebron and Bosh decided to do was stupid and bad for the league. Now we have Chris Paul, Carmelo and Amare saying they are gonna form a Big 3 now too?? Whats next?? Players have gotten so spoiled and selfish now it's embarrassing!

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Dumb thread people just looking for any excuse to hate on Miami let's be honest here.

hustleloyrspct
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
no one cares about what wade says anymore lmao

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 09:01 AM
he didn't "diss" anyone if its the interview I'm thinking of. He was incorrect and really trying to defend the signing of the LBJ and Bosh, but it wasn't a "diss."

Rocco007
07-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Getting help and putting together a dream team are two different things..But what else can DWade say to that? He's right, everyone needs help...I can't wait for the shenanigans to stop and playing Ball starts...

MaHaRaJaH
Peter Facepalm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFcqGGMPc3k)

marlinsfan24
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. What did Wade say wrong? You're just looking for a reason to hate on him

wmudford
07-13-2010, 09:06 AM
this is a terrible thread. people stfu yeah you got two hall of famers and another all-star.

magic/kareem

bird/kevin/parish

michael/pippen/ and better role players than the heat will have

rondo/allen/pierce/garnett

kobe/shaq and better role players than the heat will have

etc etc

see the trend? lebron wasn't getting anybody on the cavs who is on worth being mentioned in the same breath as those names. he had to leave in order to compete now, period.

please no more ridiculous threads

Fmaranesi
07-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Wade wasn't dissing anyone. He was just stating that teams usually need more then one star to win championships and its mostly true.

People who say Jordan just had Pippen are crazy. Ron Harper was a beast before joining the bulls and taking a back burner and Rodman was one of the best rebounders of all time.

Kobe won it with Shaq who is one of the greatest ever and now is winning it with Artest, Odom, Bynum, Gasol (hello this is a loaded team)

Boston won it with three (older) but still three superstars in Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

Magic Johnson had James Worthy and Kareem ( top 3 greatest of all time )

Larry Bird had Kevin Mchale (HOF) and Dennis Johnson (rip and should be in the Hall of fame too)

The 80's Pistons that won back to back had Joe Dumars and Isaiah Thomas(superstars HOF's)

If you want to be a Championship team you need superstars ( can you win it without superstars? Of course just look at the Pistons)

NYMetros
07-13-2010, 09:09 AM
What Wade, Lebron and Bosh decided to do was stupid and bad for the league.

But if LeBron and Bosh decided to team up and go to the Bulls, then you would think it was great and not harmful to the league at all, right?

wmudford
07-13-2010, 09:10 AM
None of the 'greats' ever called or planned to join each other in free agency either. Who is this clown fooling?! The 'greats did have help, but that help was handpicked by the teams either in the draft, trade or free agency. Did Jordan and Pippen call each other before the draft and plan to team up? Did Kobe and Shaq have an agreement to play together when Shaq went to the Lakers in free agency?

What Wade, Lebron and Bosh decided to do was stupid and bad for the league. Now we have Chris Paul, Carmelo and Amare saying they are gonna form a Big 3 now too?? Whats next?? Players have gotten so spoiled and selfish now it's embarrassing!

So when jordan hit free agency, did he have the terrible roster the cavs have now. Answer.. no. Do you think if he had a terrible supporting cast the NO ALL-STARS he would have considered teaming with ewing in NY? Fact, he considered it strongly even when he won championships and had an amazing cast. Do some research man.

AntiG
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
I was watching ESPN today I couldnt believe how badly Wade dissed the greats saying they all needed help. He was making a point about people saying they couldnt do it alone. Wade did it once but right now with his new team he is just saying he couldnt do it alone again. I hated how he pointed out players had help and no one did it by themselves and he said he had stats to proove it.

Wade is 100% right.

You need a team to win a championship, and at least one other great player alongside you.

Bill Russell had a whole team of HOFers.
Magic and Kareem had each other, Worthy, and a tremendous surrounding cast.
The 80s Pistons were the Bad Boys.
Bird had McHale, Johnson, Parrish, Walton, Ainge, etc.
Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Kukoc and excellent clutch shooters off the bench.
Hakeem had Kenny Smith, Cassell, Otis Smith, Drexler, Elie.
Robinson had Duncan.
Duncan had Robinson, Parker, Ginobli
Shaq had Kobe, Fisher and Wade
Kobe had Shaq, Gasol, Fisher and Artest.
The current Celtics are the Big Four and their starting center is as good as a defensive center as you'll find, and throw in a deep bench.

So who is this past great that did it all alone without any significant help?

Jaji
07-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Wade is right you can't win it alone. And Wade knows this because he, himself, didn't win it alone. Who was that one guy they had? #32? The 2nd best center in the game at the time? The guy who was also averaging over 20 ppg? Yeah, him.

/thread

J-Relo
07-13-2010, 09:13 AM

All I got to say is you look at the Bulls teams in the 90s sure MJ had Pippen thats two hall of famers but I believe the rest of the team consisted of Longley, Harper, Rodman or Grant and Kukoc is he really saying these players are on the same level as Bosh and LBJ. They were all role players who made shots but in no way are in the Hall of Fame. Of course every team had to have other players but how can he compare what he got to what they had and make these claims. He is a jerk and loser and needs his MVP and Bosh to get the job done

:facepalm:
your point ends there...you name Rodman just a role player (Rodman>Bosh)

ATX
07-13-2010, 09:14 AM

You again. I see you wised up and sought sympathy from the NBA forum. You are probably the biggest hater and baby I have seen since the Heat improved their team this off season. You completely missed Wade's point, and calling him a "Jerk" and "Loser" just proves your immaturity on this matter (Aside from your incessant whining). You have no basis what so ever to say that. Wade has a ring, remember. He was just saying that the greats haven't done it alone. He wanted help to win in Miami, that's no secret. He's been begging for it for two years. All players want help, nobody wants to have to do ALL themselves EVERY night. It's exhausting.

This is just a biased hate thread started by a 13yr old Wade hater. Please close this thread.

ATX
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
But if LeBron and Bosh decided to team up and go to the Bulls, then you would think it was great and not harmful to the league at all, right?

So true.

jackdawson
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Take couple more millions.

Where the **** did he diss anyone here??? He just stated the fact and you are just butt-hurt because your team didn't get anyone. Deal with it or else STFU!

Da Knicks
07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Horrible thread, I dont like miami but he is right on. People act like if Jordan and Kobe never had help now, man this is some b.s. to cry about.

Allstar21
07-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Dumb thread people just looking for any excuse to hate on Miami let's be honest here.

All these Miami haters are gonna make me start cheering for Miami.

Da Knicks
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM
The only star who didnt really have another star but had a good supporting cast was Hakeem. Everyone else had atleast another hall of famer.

NYMetros
07-13-2010, 09:24 AM
The only star who didnt really have another star but had a good supporting cast was Hakeem. Everyone else had atleast another hall of famer.

Um, Clyde Drexler?

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 09:34 AM
These guys are class a ASHOLES

dnl123
07-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I just went down the entire list of NBA champions and there isn't a single case of a player being the only "star" on his team.

rocketstarter
07-13-2010, 09:35 AM
What about the Championship teams Detroit had some years back? How many stars they had?

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Thread FAIL!!! No matter what anyone from Miami says ignorant people like the OP is going to blow it out of proportion and see only the worst in it. No one man is a team OBVIOUSLY they all needed help.

dnewguy
07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
What about the Championship teams Detroit had some years back? How many stars they had?

They put up 4 All-Stars that year.....the only guy left off was Tayshun Prince, now that's not a big drop-off.

LavelC
07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
stfu wade...they did it with good role players.....u and ur super retards cant do it by urselves and u guys call urself great players? do not call urselves great coz u guys picked the easier way to get a ring....

I belive Wade has a championship, he was the finals MVP, and had the greatest statistical performance in NBA finals history. and even then he didnt do it by himself because it cant be done.

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
this is a terrible thread. people stfu yeah you got two hall of famers and another all-star.

magic/kareem

bird/kevin/parish

michael/pippen/ and better role players than the heat will have

rondo/allen/pierce/garnett

kobe/shaq and better role players than the heat will have

Wade/Shaq

etc etc

see the trend? lebron wasn't getting anybody on the cavs who is on worth being mentioned in the same breath as those names. he had to leave in order to compete now, period.

please no more ridiculous threads

fixed.

AntiG
07-13-2010, 09:43 AM
:facepalm:
your point ends there...you name Rodman just a role player (Rodman>Bosh)

Agreed. Its an embarassment that he's not in the HOF yet. The greatest rebounder and one of the best defenders in the history of the game.