PDA

View Full Version : Have you changed your opinion of the Re-Deem Team?

episodenone
07-13-2010, 08:25 AM
not that Olympics b-ball is that big of a deal to any of us...

but for the haters -- and i use that term loosely - b/c i do NOT love the whole deal down in Miami --

does this make you look back on the Re-Deem team as fondly?
Not that anything would ever make them more amazing than what the original Dream Team did and who was on it -- which is UN-TOPPABLE --

but we all kinda loved the Re-Deem team when it happened and were so excited to see them play together -- yet now many of us are gonna hate watching 3 of them reunite

would you root for them if they made another run at the next olympics despite how you negatively feel about them now?

Korman12
07-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Olympics and NBA are completely different things. While some of us have stronger opinions, bad or good, about Wade, Bron and Bosh going to Miami, we all realize that winning Olympic gold isn't about who's where, it's just who has the most talent and gives the US the best chance to win (or dominate).

If they did it again in 2012 I'd still be rooting for them. It's not like they stomped on American flags while smoking Cuban cigars. What's the best team matters, and that should be all.

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 09:05 AM
My opinion hasn't changed. I still appreciate that team for getting us the gold back. I don't like the move that LBJ made personally, but that won't cause me to completely turn against the USA.

SwaggaIke
07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
The Olympic are about country. I'll continue to support our countries best on the grandest stage.

D-Block21-Chito
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I agree I will root for USA to win but I won't watch the games I'm sure... I have lost all respect for wade.... He did a job well done at wasting Bulls Front office time

jrm2054
07-13-2010, 10:20 AM
No the redeem team was great. The NBA super team is bad. there is a big difference between those guys together on a Olympic team and a NBA team. I feel that wade and bosh or lebron and bosh was ok because bosh is honestly a number 2 guy he is like gasol he will never win on his own. He needed one of them but im mad at lebron for taking the easy way out for say. He used to be my fav player but now i cant root for him bc he be came a ring chaser at 25 and said i will be wades ***** for a ring.

bahama0811
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
No way, I'll always cheer for the USA no matter what.

Ray_R
07-13-2010, 10:30 AM
I agree I will root for USA to win but I won't watch the games I'm sure... I have lost all respect for wade.... He did a job well done at wasting Bulls Front office time

No the redeem team was great. The NBA super team is bad. there is a big difference between those guys together on a Olympic team and a NBA team. I feel that wade and bosh or lebron and bosh was ok because bosh is honestly a number 2 guy he is like gasol he will never win on his own. He needed one of them but im mad at lebron for taking the easy way out for say. He used to be my fav player but now i cant root for him bc he be came a ring chaser at 25 and said i will be wades ***** for a ring.

This and that. Espicially when Wade called the bulls disloyal.

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 10:34 AM
USA all the way to the grave

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't think the Heat signings should cast a negative light on anyone's perception of the Redeem Team. Why? How quickly we forget this: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14636094/ns/sports-nba/

Back in 2006 The USA team WITH Wade, LeBron, and Bosh among other NBA greats all on the roster only managed a bronze medal in the FIBA world championship. A frikkin' BRONZE! (For those of you who are wondering, no, Kobe was not there.) The "redeem" in their name has much to do with their own personal redemption as getting the USA back on top.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't mind one bit that LeBron, Wade and Bosh all decided to meet up on the Heat. I do disagree with how LeBron handled his end of the process, but it's his legacy, not mine.

And I also may be in the in the minority here as well, but I'm not handing the Heat a title just because they look great on paper. That bronze medal at the FIBA teaches us something about strength of competition vs. chemistry.

Klivlend
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
If you're American and root against the USA in the Olympics, you deserve to be smacked in the face, repeatedly. No one should disrespect their country like that.

king4day
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Again, i dont think people are upset that Lebron went to Miami. Just how he did it.

I don't see it affecting peoples opinions on what they did for the country. You tend to put aside ur differences for stuff like that...

Just like Shameus did for John Cena did last night (or was it a ploy to gain his trust :speechless:)

uws
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
i have national pride. i loved the redeem team, they played with vigor for their country and I applaud it

HOWEVER! that is not nba basketball, I dont want to watch an olympic team take on a lowely NBA team every night. its just gonna be sad

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 11:49 AM
you shouldnt.

They got you back the olympic gold.

ANd you can be sure if you dont send your best team to London 2012 there WONT be anothe gold ( since all the nba players on other teams that have said no to fiba this year will play the olympics(

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
you shouldnt.

They got you back the olympic gold.

ANd you can be sure if you dont send your best team to London 2012 there WONT be anothe gold ( since all the nba players on other teams that have said no to fiba this year will play the olympics(

damn it Hellcrooner, stop using every thread as a platform for you to spit your international b-ball>american b-ball propaganda

Back on topic, no way it changes my opinion of the entire team because 3 of its members are on the same team now

levignjw
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
No way, I'll always cheer for the USA no matter what.

x2.

LA_Raiders
07-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Its fine to miss due to injuries, other wise they are bunch of jerks that just wanted to win a gold medal once...

For all the >30 years "NBA Stars" That are not playing....$@#!*&@#

Coach V
07-13-2010, 12:42 PM
I just watched Miracle on Ice this weekend and thought that even if the Heat win they will never be seen as true heros of sport only players who manipulated the system. I think the Dream Team/ Redeem team are different because it put us (USA) on a level playing field with th erest of the Countries using professional players. But my original point was that we as a Country will never look at teams that are stacked the same way we look at teams that worked through tough times and situations to win.