PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson to Resign with the Celtics

Celtic AL
07-13-2010, 07:49 AM
By Mark J. Miller
After five tumultuous years with the New York Knicks that ended with him being benched for most of the season by coach Mike D'Antoni and ended with a February trade, the 5-9 guard seems to have found a comfort zone with his new team, the Boston Celtics.

The Boston Herald reports that the three-time NBA Slam Dunk champion Robinson is going to re-sign with the Celts, who lost out on re-signing another guard, Tony Allen(notes), who was snapped up by the Memphis Grizzlies this past weekend. (The sticking point, according to the Herald, was that the Celtics wouldn't guarantee a third year and the Grizzlies did.)

Robinson's agent predicts that a deal will be done by the end of the week, according to the Herald. "Things are going well," the agent, Aaron Goodwin, told the paper. "We're just trying to get something worked out. But both parties are talking."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Nate-Robinson-returning-to-Celtics?urn=nba,255639

well Cross him off the Heats List. Any Thoughts?

Trouble87
07-13-2010, 08:03 AM
good to know that leprechaun is still sucking the shamrock in Boston

wonder what kind of deal he'll get

Celtic AL
07-13-2010, 08:06 AM

last time i checked he did well in the playoffs

episodenone
07-13-2010, 08:15 AM

why on earth would you disrespect lil nate?

imagine if the knicks had cp3 and nate as a backup?

the celtics are doing the right thing -- nate has proved he can score and keep pace with lbj -- head to head.

nyc loved nate - d'umbtoni did not.
who was wrong? d'umbtoni

Ray_R
07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Wasn't he mad at Doc Rivers during last season?

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 08:19 AM
nate robinson isnt the guy the celtics have to resign.....celtics should have resigned tony allen......

Right Round
07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
nate robinson isnt the guy the celtics have to resign.....celtics should have resigned tony allen......

They're playing smart by not committing any money beyond the next two years, aside from Pierce & Rondo. That's when KG, Allen, etc will all have their contracts expired.

tonyd3b54
07-13-2010, 10:38 AM
tony allen isnt that good of a player... every1 wants to look at his playoffs and say omg hes pretty good... the truth is outside of those 21 games in the playoffs he did jack **** while in a celtics uniform... and on top of that hes got the worst jumpshot the nba has ever seen and a hes one of the dumbest players as far as basketball iq in the game...

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
tony allen isnt that good of a player... every1 wants to look at his playoffs and say omg hes pretty good... the truth is outside of those 21 games in the playoffs he did jack **** while in a celtics uniform... and on top of that hes got the worst jumpshot the nba has ever seen and a hes one of the dumbest players as far as basketball iq in the game...

this past playoffs have proved that regular season is nothing....bringing ur "A" game to the playoffs is what every team wants...his shooting might suck but his defense is a lot better than most of the players....

tonyd3b54
07-13-2010, 10:44 AM
yupp and that mentality will work well on the 10th place memphis grizzilies...

Mr LaFontaine
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Scalabrine is the celtics only hope.

NickyNick
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Nate-Robinson-returning-to-Celtics?urn=nba,255639

well Cross him off the Heats List. Any Thoughts?

your sig is wrong....J.O. will be wearing # 0 not # 7

Hugbees
07-13-2010, 10:50 AM

yup
This is a losing situation for both sides. They just don't fit together.

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 10:58 AM
dont really like this for celtics, would have gone a diffrent way, Nate would excell on a small market team that doesnt win that much....

For example: memphis would be a good fit.

maynevent
07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
why on earth would you disrespect lil nate?

imagine if the knicks had cp3 and nate as a backup?

the celtics are doing the right thing -- nate has proved he can score and keep pace with lbj -- head to head.

nyc loved nate - d'umbtoni did not.
who was wrong? d'umbtoni

Nate's dictionary has a couple words missing in it and one o those is DEFENSE. Even D'antoni benched him for not playing defense.

Agar81
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM

I thought Avery Bradley already had 0

69centers
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM

Wrong, Avery Bradley signed before JO and already picked number 0.

http://www.sportsofboston.com/2010/06/26/celtics-2010-draft-who-are-avery-bradley-and-luke-harangody/

The Raven
07-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Not a terrible move by the Celtics

RaiderLakersA's
07-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I expected Nate to re-sign. But I thought the Celtics were going to go after a pure scorer for some reason.

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
so how come none of the other teams offered n8 any contract i know some knicks fan hyped him up to be starter on knicks team but face the reality he's a role player who was asking MLE money

robdog_5
07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
First off after the regular season I wanted nothing to do with this guy as a Celtics fan.

However after the playoffs he showed me when he wants to he can be really really good on Defense, down right disruptive if he plays hard on that end which he did in the playoffs. He can score 20 off the bench any night, some nights he will go 0-5 and score nothing, but he can takeover a game and give the team a lift at any time. That's really what you need from your bench, and there is a reason guys play on the bench because they are not consistent enough to start and play big minutes night in and night out.

I like the re-sign. Robinson, Bradley, JO and Big Baby are a good 2nd unit. Know if they can get Josh Howard like it's being rumored I would love the 2nd unit.

m26555
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
yup
This is a losing situation for both sides. They just don't fit together.
Yeah; it's not like Nate was a huge factor in the playoffs or anything.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
This is good. We needed some bench scoring. That's what cost us. TA was a great defender, but he sucks on offense - that's why he wasn't a huge priority. Pierce and Ray are no great scorers anymore. And that's not the best part of Rondo's game either. The scoring needs to come from somewhere. I bet they package Avery Bradley and Sheed's contract to go out and aquire a 6th man that can back up PP and Ray and give us some instant offense off the bench. KG and the system should be able to make them at least passable defenders.

Celtic AL
07-13-2010, 02:19 PM

:facepalm: NO hes Not

Jays Claw
07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
The Celtics could have lived without Nate Robinson. In my opinion, they should have used that money on Ronnie Brewer.

episodenone
07-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah; it's not like Nate was a huge factor in the playoffs or anything.

um, did you watch the playoffs?
if a player gets you 1 win -- then he is worth it -- especially in the finals.

episodenone
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Nate's dictionary has a couple words missing in it and one o those is DEFENSE. Even D'antoni benched him for not playing defense.

wonderful -- so d'umbtoni finds jesus in a fox hole and benched yet another player for lack of defense?

something tells me that wasn't the only reason............

SP@Z.
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
You mean re-sign.