PDA

View Full Version : Utah Jazz believed to have landed Al Jefferson in a trade

YankeeFan28
07-13-2010, 06:46 AM
"Jazz ownership is believed to have signed off Monday night on a trade that would bring Minnesota Timberwolves big man Al Jefferson to Utah. Tweeted Jazz CEO Greg Miller shortly before 9 p.m. Monday: "I just approved a Jazz roster move that I'm very excited about. Planning to share details tomorrow." Asked if an under-discussion trade for Jefferson was complete, Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said, "I just can't comment." O'Connor did say that the Jazz would take their full seven days before to deciding whether to match the offer sheet starting shooting guard Wesley Matthews signed with Portland last Saturday, seemingly eliminating that as the "roster move" referenced by family" http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/utah-jazz-believed-to-have-landed-al-jefferson-in-a-trade-387200.html

Mochalman
07-13-2010, 06:48 AM
replaced a skill big man with an another good big man if he can stay healthy.

MagicBucsSox
07-13-2010, 06:59 AM
AL just continues to live is the wackest citues america can offer lol

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-13-2010, 07:13 AM
i wonder who or what they gave up?

bigsams50
07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Nice Pick-up for the Jazz

_Supreme_
07-13-2010, 07:24 AM

Probably almost nothing, similar to the Beasley to the Wolves deal. I don't think Minnesota wants any salary back, but only draft picks.

Great news for Utah. They just saw a lot of their players leave or get signed to an offer sheet. Finally something good happens for them this offseason :clap:

JordansBulls
07-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Are they going to put him at Center and bring Okur off the bench now.

Korman12
07-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Good move for them if the rumor holds true.

tdunk21
07-13-2010, 08:18 AM
good move by the jazz.....i would also say good move if they retain wesley mathews....

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 08:26 AM

Boozer,Mathews,Korver plus some other stuff I think.

Rocco007
07-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Are they going to put him at Center and bring Okur off the bench now.

Okur shouldn't be starting in the NBA IMO...
He's too one dimensional...
If the Jazz are smart...
Jefferson plays the 5 and
Milsap- 4
AK- 3
Mathews?-2
DWill- 1...

Nice lineup...

Lo Porto
07-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I think it's going to be the trade exception from the Boozer deal and probably the pick Utah got from Memphis in the Ronnie Brewer deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Utah didn't send Minnesota any player.

marlinsfan24
07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Good move by the Jazz. They actually have improved this off-season in my opinion. Jefferson>Boozer

WSU Tony
07-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Not a single comment about what this trade does for Minnesota. You guys rip on this state and I bet you 99% of you haven't even been here. Minnesota is a beautiful state and is only in freezing weather 3-4 months out of the year. In fact, it is only 3-4 degrees colder than NY on average. Did I mention we have tons of lakes?

MN gets too much heat on PSD, most of you guys have no idea what this state is like.

I'll post MN's future roster since nobody has already.

Flynn(#6)/Rubio(#5)
Webster(#5)/Brewer (#7)
Wesley(#4)/Brewer
Beasley(#2)/Love#5
Darko/Hollins.

That's alot of talent for this "hick" team up in the ice burg of MN. It was 90 outside yesterday. :laugh:

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Not a single comment about what this trade does for Minnesota. You guys rip on this state and I bet you 99% of you haven't even been here. Minnesota is a beautiful state and is only in freezing weather 3-4 months out of the year. In fact, it is only 3-4 degrees colder than NY on average. Did I mention we have tons of lakes?

MN gets too much heat on PSD, most of you guys have no idea what this state is like.

Flynn(#6)/Rubio(#5)
Webster(#5)/Brewer (#7)
Wesley(#4)/Brewer
Beasley(#2)/Love#5
Darko/Hollins.

That's alot of talent for this "hick" team up in the ice burg of MN. It was 90 outside yesterday. :laugh:

Dude thats freaking freezing!

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I wanna know if Utah got him already, Dang!

Allstar21
07-13-2010, 10:05 AM
ummm, minni has David Kahn....sorry you lose :(

don't act like you have Rubio either...he isn't playing for sota

but i do like the state a lot! lived there for a lil while

bahama0811
07-13-2010, 10:06 AM
I'm still holding out hope that this doesn't happen. This is another guy I wanted to see come to Denver but looks like the FO is asleep.

Good move for the Jazz if it happens.

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 10:19 AM

Yes

Nice funny sig!

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Do they start Al Jeff at PF and keep Millsap as an effective 6th man?

thechom80
07-13-2010, 10:22 AM

:facepalm: Pay attention to what he's done. It's a lot more than what every other ignorant PSD poster says about him.

Don't act like you know what Rubio is going to do either.......we hold his rights.

S-Dot
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM

that is a pretty creative sig dude. Props.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Good move by the Jazz. They actually have improved this off-season in my opinion. Jefferson>Boozer

oh man, you have never seen the 2 of them play I assume with a statement like that.

Lo Porto
07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Jazz fan here...

I think Jefferson starts the year at Center since Okur is coming off the injury. That allows Millsap to start. If that combo works, Okur will be coming off the bench and Al will slide to PF when Okur enters. If that combo doesn't work, Millsap will go to the bench when Okur is 100%. Regardless, it gives a lot of flexibility to the Jazz frontcourt.

And don't be fooled - Jefferson is not better than Boozer. However, Utah needs size to get over the hump versus LA and Jefferson is a better step in that direction than Boozer was. Jefferson matches up 10X better versus Gasol than Boozer did.

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Great move for Jazz and the Wolves. Now Love can start and Utah replaces Boozer

superabound
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
And don't be fooled - Jefferson is not better than Boozer.

Jefferson is the anti-Boozer. Jefferson is all-hype, little reward...Boozer puts up great numbers and until very recently has not gotten much hype at all. Jefferson is not going to fit in well in Utah. There he is playing for a coach who actually knows how to coach and isn't afraid to piss off his own players. I'd give it three months before he starts complaining. Do you think Doc Rivers was sad to see him go a few years ago?

WSU Tony
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM

Ah, you have been following the Rubio situation closer than us Wolves fans. I get it. The local channel 4 news had a story a few weeks ago saying that a small percentage of the population is SO stupid, they don't even understand they are stupid. These people think they know everything about anything because they are so dumb they don't understand they don't actually know everything.

:clap:

mikantsass
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Good replacement for Booze

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Kevin Love will average 13-14 RPG next year with 35 minutes in my opinion. Kevin Love is a beast. If he stays healthy he could win most improved player next year in my opinion. Minnesota fans should be happy. Love will dominate with Jefferson gone.

WSU Tony
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
That's the plan. Fingers crossed.

I'm done trying to figure Kahn out. We can all take our best guess but what that mad man has up his sleve is beyond any of us. He "has a plan" he tells us.

The Raven
07-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Not sure how its going to work since i didnt consider this a good move with the amount of talent they lost at other positions. Especially with Okur starting. Im interested to see whats going to happen

RCarlson85
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Flynn(#6)/Rubio(#5)
Webster(#5)/Brewer (#7)
Wesley(#4)/Brewer
Beasley(#2)/Love#5
Darko/Hollins.

I know what you're talking about as far as people's perception of MN. I'm 25 and spent over 20 years of my life in MN. I'm in TX now and people have no clue. They think it's in deep freeze up there all the time, like Antarctica or something. Someone else was surprised to hear that we have cities, real cities with buildings. Lol. People are pretty ignorant. People would be surprised if they ever went there. The Mpls skyline is alot better than many cities alot bigger than it too. Sure the winters are cold, but it doesn't last more than 3-4 months and it's not unbearable unless you're a *****. Lol.

RocketPower2010
07-13-2010, 11:31 AM
So not fair to Milsap, who bust his chops nite in and nite out to put up starter like numbers backing up Boozer. If I was Pau, I'd bolt as soon as AJ comes to town.

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 11:35 AM
AL just continues to live is the wackest citues america can offer lol

Nothing wrong with Minneapolis, bub.

monty77
07-13-2010, 11:36 AM

mmmmm..... no

Bucsfan
07-13-2010, 11:37 AM
paul millsap will still start..big al will take the 5 spot

WSU Tony
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I know what you're talking about as far as people's perception of MN. I'm 25 and spent over 20 years of my life in MN. I'm in TX now and people have no clue. They think it's in deep freeze up there all the time, like Antarctica or something. Someone else was surprised to hear that we have cities, real cities with buildings. Lol. People are pretty ignorant. People would be surprised if they ever went there. The Mpls skyline is alot better than many cities alot bigger than it too. Sure the winters are cold, but it doesn't last more than 3-4 months and it's not unbearable unless you're a *****. Lol.

:bow: <--- YOU

Bucsfan
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Nothing wrong with Minneapolis, bub.

nothing wrong with slc either...if people think minny gets slammed alot what do u think utah gets? we probably get more crap and people always assume it sucks yet they have never been here

dont listen to magicbbucsox.....he is a straight up ******...always has been

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM

Rambis said Love and Beasley will compete at PF, so it's still not set in stone who will start there.

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm from Detroit, I hate Minnesota Twins (for obvious reasons), but I like the Wolves team now. Even if they don't win right away. They are clearly headed in the right direction. But to the guy who said Beasley will start over Love, your crazy. Love is a legit PF in this league. I guarantee it. Look at his stats and minutes played in his career. He is very impressive. I wish the Pistons had him.

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 11:45 AM
1. Flynn
2. Wesley
3. Beasley
4. Love
5. Darko

Beasley played the 3 in Miami and Wesley is a SG in my opinion

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
But to the guy who said Beasley will start over Love, your crazy.

Did I say that?

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Did I say that?

no

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
no

Good, I was about to open a can of whoop ***.

fadedmario
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Good, I was about to open a can of whoop ***.

:moon:

Aapox
07-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Wow, some butt-hurt Minnesota people here. Don't feel like you need to defend your state to these morons. Minnesota is a wonderful place.

Sixerlover
07-13-2010, 11:57 AM

Flynn(#6)/Rubio(#5)
Webster(#5)/Brewer (#7)
Wesley(#4)/Brewer
Beasley(#2)/Love#5
Darko/Hollins.

No knock on the area since I haven't been there, but your betting on Rubio coming over next year (which Kahn could be wrong about), AND your betting on Beasley actually playing up to expectations. And the number of pick they were doesn't really mean much now that Webster, and Brewer have more than 2 years in the league. We know what they are

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow, some butt-hurt Minnesota people here. Don't feel like you need to defend your state to these morons. Minnesota is a wonderful place.

There's only so many times a person can sit back and hear something false before they speak up, you know?

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
No knock on the area since I haven't been there, but your betting on Rubio coming over next year (which Kahn could be wrong about)

Yeah, I'd say the chances right now that Rubio comes over is about 50/50, which is better than the "no chance" some people give it.

Aapox
07-13-2010, 12:06 PM
There's only so many times a person can sit back and hear something false before they speak up, you know?

Yeah, I hear ya. But let them think what they want and then they won't want to come there so you'll never have to deal with them in person ;)

uws
07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I'd say the chances right now that Rubio comes over is about 50/50, which is better than the "no chance" some people give it.

I actually give it a negative change, less than zero, I believe He will in fact actively avoid MN until they trade him

kahn is a stubborn man

also this is a great pick up for the Jazz, good pick and roll partner for deron. alongside milsap looks good

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. But let them think what they want and then they won't want to come there so you'll never have to deal with them in person ;)

Some of these people I would like to deal with in person, if you know what I mean. Anyways, back on topic. Jefferson for cap space and draft picks.......

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM
I actually give it a negative change, less than zero, I believe He will in fact actively avoid MN until they trade him

kahn is a stubborn man

Back off topic.

Stubborn is a good characteristic for a GM, in my opinion. At least in the sense of getting players to come overseas. That said, there is no reason in the world to not believe there is at least a chance Rubio will come to the Wolves in 2011, and anybody who knows the actual situation agrees with this.

Raoul Duke
07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd say the chaces of Rubio coming over next season are better than 50/50, but what are the chances that he stays in Minny past his current contract? Slim to none. A lot of people are confident in Kahn's ability to get some good assets in return if he leaves, but I'm not so sure.

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd say the chaces of Rubio coming over next season are better than 50/50, but what are the chances that he stays in Minny past his current contract? Slim to none. A lot of people are confident in Kahn's ability to get some good assets in return if he leaves, but I'm not so sure.

What current contract? The Wolves haven't officially signed him to anything, and won't until he decides to come over.

LA_Raiders
07-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Good move Utes...

iam brett favre
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
:clap:

uws
07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Back off topic.

Stubborn is a good characteristic for a GM, in my opinion. At least in the sense of getting players to come overseas. That said, there is no reason in the world to not believe there is at least a chance Rubio will come to the Wolves in 2011, and anybody who knows the actual situation agrees with this.

I know the actual situation. it is not worth it for his brand and his desire to be connected to his family for him to go to the middle of America. MN is a place where careers and brands can go to die. He wants to be somewhere on the east coast and would accept a big west coast city if it accomplished his goal of creating his brand. I personally dont even want the kid, I think hes a diva without ever having played an nba game

awmathewsjr
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM

agreed, if they match wesley matthews offer sheet

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I know the actual situation. it is not worth it for his brand and his desire to be connected to his family for him to go to the middle of America. MN is a place where careers and brands can go to die. He wants to be somewhere on the east coast and would accept a big west coast city if it accomplished his goal of creating his brand. I personally dont even want the kid, I think hes a diva without ever having played an nba game

All this talk about a brand, but has he ever gone out and publicly said any of these things? All he's said that may lead me to believe he doesn't want to play in Minnesota is it's too cold. That's it.

NYMetros
07-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Al Jefferson is extremely underrated. Good trade.

uws
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
All this talk about a brand, but has he ever gone out and publicly said any of these things? All he's said that may lead me to believe he doesn't want to play in Minnesota is it's too cold. That's it.

he said before the draft he didnt want to play there because he wants to be closer to his family - aka east coast. He also wanted to be in a place where he could identify, aka a more global city where him being spanish could create a niche for his brand

twoearl
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
They are really going to miss AL. Love is OK, but he will never be a 20 and 10 guy. I guess they are thinking "hey we haven't even sniffed the playoffs with him, so we might as well trade him. How worse could we be?" lol

FLWolvesFan
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM

You don't know anything about the actual situation kid. He has never stated that he didn't want to play here. Apparently Bosh, Wade, and LEBRON thought their brands would be better off in Miami and not in the NE or the West coast. Other than the big 3 for Boston, who's the last player on the east coast to have a "brand"? So much for that fallacy. It's about talent, not locale.

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
he said before the draft he didnt want to play there because he wants to be closer to his family - aka east coast. He also wanted to be in a place where he could identify, aka a more global city where him being spanish could create a niche for his brand

He never said he didn't want to play for Minnesota. Never. And I will sit here and wait for eternity for you to find me one example.

FLWolvesFan
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
They are really going to miss AL. Love is OK, but he will never be a 20 and 10 guy. I guess they are thinking "hey we haven't even sniffed the playoffs with him, so we might as well trade him. How worse could we be?" lol

That's a dumb statement to make. Love was 14 and 11 coming off the bench for 28 minutes a game, plus he's only 21. Love's also more versatile and a better passer than Jefferson.

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM

Not really. It's more like they're thinking, "so we have this player who is eating up a large portion of our payroll, but he doesn't fit our personnel or what we're trying to do here. So let's trade him for cap space so we can bring in a player/players who better fit our system, resign the guys we want to keep around, and receive a couple draft picks to put ourselves in a better position for future draft classes."

WSU Tony
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM

kahn is a stubborn man

also this is a great pick up for the Jazz, good pick and roll partner for deron. alongside milsap looks good

How is the east coast closer to his family than Minnesota? The Atlantic isn't exactly a small pond to jump over. lol.

Your using small bits and pieces of stories to form an opinion. Common sense would tell you people (wolves fans) who have followed the Rubio situation for a year now would have a better sense of the situation, right?

Use common sense and understand people who follow the situation are more likely to have a good take on it than people simply guessing.

I give it 70% right now.

Raoul Duke
07-13-2010, 01:20 PM
What current contract? The Wolves haven't officially signed him to anything, and won't until he decides to come over.

Semantics. You know what I meant.

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Semantics. You know what I meant.

Not really.

Raoul Duke
07-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Not really.

Then I'll clarify. If he comes over next season, how long until he's no longer obligated to stay in Minny? That's when he's going to leave.

twoearl
07-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Not really. It's more like they're thinking, "so we have this player who is eating up a large portion of our payroll, but he doesn't fit our personnel or what we're trying to do here. So let's trade him for cap space so we can bring in a player/players who better fit our system, resign the guys we want to keep around, and receive a couple draft picks to put ourselves in a better position for future draft classes."

We're basically saying the same thing. I just gave the short version. AL was not helping them win a large amount of game so they decided to move on with cap space and young players.

reemy
07-13-2010, 01:33 PM

wheres your proof for anything you just said

badkins1121
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Two firsts and a trade exception is gonna be the trade it looks like...

Wolves to trade Jefferson to Jazz for future 1st rd pick, 1st rd pick from Mem in Brewer trade and a trade exception, Y! Sports has learned.
http://twitter.com/spearsnbayahoo

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Then I'll clarify. If he comes over next season, how long until he's no longer obligated to stay in Minny?

When whatever contract we give him runs up, of course. If they get the impression he won't re-sign, they will probably attempt to trade him, but by then, who knows what his feelings towards the Wolves will be.

Hawkeye15
07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
holy ****, Rubio is brought up again.
Either post a fkin attachment with the exact words "I WILL NOT PLAY IN MINNESOTA" or drop it

Wisdom Listens
07-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Two firsts and a trade exception is gonna be the trade it looks like...

http://twitter.com/spearsnbayahoo

Yeah, pretty much as expected.

what54!?
07-13-2010, 01:41 PM
The wolves cleared cap and freed up a spot for beasley/love. good for them.

The jazz are very much back in the hunt

thesparky33
07-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. Look what happened to Joe Mauer. His potential popularity just died the moment he got drafted by the Twins.

Also, Garnett didnt amount to anything, in terms of brand when he was in Minny.

Ever heard of Randy Moss, or Adrian Peterson?

What a joke.