PDA

View Full Version : Improvement...

kArSoN RyDaH
07-13-2010, 03:37 AM
With the 2009-2010 championship season currently behind us we must look forward to next year and the 3peat. Every year obviously certain players work on weaknesses in their games or improve their abilities for the next upcoming season, for the most part at least. So which abilities does everyone think each player on our current roster will improve/enhance/develop?

Heres my list:

1. Kobe Bryant- The guy is pretty much polished in every aspect of the game. I guess he could use improvement from 3 point range. Heck, even just having him sit out and rest this summer would help him improve for next year. But with the trio in Miami i cant see Kobe not working out to improve anything about his game so i say he tries to enhance his defensive abilities.

2. Ron Artest- I think everyone here knows that RonRon needs to just sit in the gym stay in shape and take as many 3 point shots a day as he possibly can. I see Ron coming back next year with a new and improved 3 point shot that will help spread the floor next season en route to the finals. Also his dribbling and LAYUPS could use a helluva lot of improvement.

3. Pau Gasol- Gasol i think needs to expand his range a bit to free up some space down low for Bynum to work. Maybe work on his free throws a because last year he missed quite a few big free throws that ended up costing us some games.

4. Derek Fisher- At the age of 35 and probably going to be sitting on the bench next year the only thing i hope happens with Fish is he maintains his health and improves his defense. However i dont know if its too late for him to work on it so if anything just stay healthy and get ready to be a sparkplug off the bench.

5. Andrew Bynum- STAYYYYY HEALTHY!!!!!!!! Hopefully his knee recovers fully and he develops some most low post moves. Also needs to work on his passing abilities imo. I cant count how many times ive seen him force shots that didnt need to be taken when he could have passed it easily.

6. Lamar Odom- Practice Practice Practice. Hes going to be essential for our 3peat this year coming off the bench. Needs to just hit the weight room and prepare for a long season in which he needs to show up more than half the time like last year.

7. Steve Blake- Not really familiar with him but i just hope he learns learns learns and soaks in this triangle system. Making his already nice 3 point shot better wouldnt hurt either.

LakersMaster24
07-13-2010, 03:49 AM
Sasha has too practice his shot a lot! like 200 3pointers a day rofl

kArSoN RyDaH
07-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Sasha has too practice his shot a lot! like 200 3pointers a day rofl

how about we talk about the guys listed above? thanks. :p

COBY KARL
07-13-2010, 04:39 AM
honestly i dont think Kobe really needs to improve on anything. He's mastered the game.. what i do think he needs to do is to maybe pick his spots better.

Sometimes i feel that he tries too hard to get a basket when in reality he could always go to his bread and butter in his one dribble pull up jumper.

PGLakers
07-13-2010, 04:41 AM
how about we talk about the guys listed above? thanks. :p

u did say each player on our roster :p lol

Iron24th
07-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Ron Artest needs to learn how to dribble too,sometimes he looks like a 5 years old kid who try to dribble with a ball.

Fish can improve his passing abilities too,sometimes he forces dumb shots.

But I'm OK as long as they all look like motivated and focused for the THREEPEAT!

Anilyzer
07-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Hopefully Fisher improves his passing watching Blake play the point.

Bynum could improve by being instrumental in a trade... or not. Otherwise, just stay hard, lean, keep lifting weights and improving. Get Ben Wallace buff in other words.

Gasol could use a haircut, and work on getting better position down low.

Artest just needs to relax more and get into the triangle flow.

Kobe doesn't NEED to improve, but I'm sure he will be better next year.

Sasha... anything. Just, anything he does will be an improvement.

Odom... omg stop eating the candy. Doesn't he (or the Lakers staff) realize that eating a bunch of candy gives you a "sugar high" which afterwards makes you real sleepy, soft and unmotivated? He should also try hitting the weights more. And jumpshooting.

raiddalake
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
whats with this trade bynum stuff we need him down low there arent many true big men but we have one.

Frezhnitz
07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Kobe just needs to rest up and stay healthy. Cause a Healthy Kobe is a monster.

Gasol needs a little more muscle and hiss free throw shooting needs work.

Bynum needs to stay healthy and build up more muscle tone and i think hes a good passer. He just needs to know when to pass it.

Everyone just needs to work on their area of the game that needs improvement.

L@ker4Life
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Kobe - Needs to just rest and get the surgeries taken care of and he will be much improved from late last season.

Ron - Needs to focus on learning the offense and his spots. He also needs to work on simply catching and shooting. He has always been a guy who has the ball and gets his shooting rhythm through dribbling. He also needs to work on his dribbling and free throws.

Fish - Stay classy. Get some rest.

Pau - Beef up even more and rest your legs. No more hammy injuries this year. The legs are the reason his FT weren't falling and the reason his mid range was suspest a lot of the year.

Drew - Keep pumping weights get huge. And like someone else said he needs to learn how to be patient when he has the ball in the post attract the double and pass out of it. He was a very decent passer his first few years, but he has kinda become a less willing and capable passer. Work on counters to your post moves

LO - JUMPSHOT! All you have to do is work on your jumpshot and you will be solid. I would say work on going right, but we all know thats not gonna happen.

Sasha - Take more meditation classes. If you just calm down a little bit your shot would fall more and you wouldn't make stupid effing fouls.

Blake - Learn the triangle. Learn our Defensive philosophy

Rookies just need to stay hungry and play with passion. Ebanks needs to work on his handles and outside shot. Caracter needs to work on growing another 3 inches. and adding more girth!

Bell - Sign with the Lakers!!! lol

IDB Josh M
07-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Didn't Bynum have surgery this summer?

nanablvd
07-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Didn't Bynum have surgery this summer?

I guess he's still in South Africa having a wonderful time. Bet he'll have surgery in late July.

kArSoN RyDaH
07-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Kobe - Needs to just rest and get the surgeries taken care of and he will be much improved from late last season.

Ron - Needs to focus on learning the offense and his spots. He also needs to work on simply catching and shooting. He has always been a guy who has the ball and gets his shooting rhythm through dribbling. He also needs to work on his dribbling and free throws.

Fish - Stay classy. Get some rest.

Pau - Beef up even more and rest your legs. No more hammy injuries this year. The legs are the reason his FT weren't falling and the reason his mid range was suspest a lot of the year.

Drew - Keep pumping weights get huge. And like someone else said he needs to learn how to be patient when he has the ball in the post attract the double and pass out of it. He was a very decent passer his first few years, but he has kinda become a less willing and capable passer. Work on counters to your post moves

LO - JUMPSHOT! All you have to do is work on your jumpshot and you will be solid. I would say work on going right, but we all know thats not gonna happen.

Sasha - Take more meditation classes. If you just calm down a little bit your shot would fall more and you wouldn't make stupid effing fouls.

Blake - Learn the triangle. Learn our Defensive philosophy

Rookies just need to stay hungry and play with passion. Ebanks needs to work on his handles and outside shot. Caracter needs to work on growing another 3 inches. and adding more girth!

Bell - Sign with the Lakers!!! lol

:clap:

shep33
07-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Ron will have more experience under the triangle, I think his ppg goes to 13-14 ppg, cause I look at his numbers averaging 11ppg while shooting only 41%, and lets face it he was lost out there most of the time haha. Plus he only shot 69% from the line, so I think he gets more comfortable with less pressure on his back... remember he was playing in Ariza's shadow, a guy that played a big role in getting us a ring.

KillaInstinct24
07-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Ron will have more experience under the triangle, I think his ppg goes to 13-14 ppg, cause I look at his numbers averaging 11ppg while shooting only 41%, and lets face it he was lost out there most of the time haha. Plus he only shot 69% from the line, so I think he gets more comfortable with less pressure on his back... remember he was playing in Ariza's shadow, a guy that played a big role in getting us a ring.

shep, your posts always have sense to them. i usually find myself in a thread full of idiots. but you're exactly right. i think ron didnt wanna be the reason they lost, and now that they've won, he can sigh a bit of relief and play his game the way he knows he can

XerxestheGreat
07-14-2010, 03:23 AM
If Bell gets signed I predict Sasha gets moved to a team with cap room for nothing...

Like Minnesota

shep33
07-14-2010, 03:32 AM
shep, your posts always have sense to them. i usually find myself in a thread full of idiots. but you're exactly right. i think ron didnt wanna be the reason they lost, and now that they've won, he can sigh a bit of relief and play his game the way he knows he can

Thanks man appreciate it. I agree with what your saying about Ron, the guy can relax, he was way too tense on the court offensively. Often really thinking too much, Phil said something that was interesting about Ron in ESPN's "The Association", he said that Ron was use to 'guidelines', and that the triangle was a very 'unstructured' offense... even in that little documentary it shows how Ron was lost within the offense.

But yeah, Ron knew that if he didn't help win a ring, his presence on the team would be questioned all summer long. He'll be much better IMO, and really just make better decisions more than anything. People may look at this and be like "well thats not much of a difference if Ron would score 2 ppg more"... but in reality if he understands the offense and produced more efficiently offensively that makes us so much better. There were times where he would hold the ball for 10 seconds and either jack up a very strange shot or look for Kobe to bail the team out before the shotclock. So if he can just limit those types of errors, which I think he will after more experience with the offense, it'll make us so much more efficient offensively that its scary.

Plus the guy is a defensive workhorse... he is one of my favorite players in this league let alone our team.

shep33
07-14-2010, 03:36 AM
If Bell gets signed I predict Sasha gets moved to a team with cap room for nothing...

Like Minnesota

You know what, I actually think that'd be very bad for us. Sasha played terrific D in the finals, and he hit a couple big shots, including those 2 clutch free throws in game 7.

I actually would be upset if he left, I truly think that he's a pesky defender and if he can get his stroke back.. man thats a good guy to rely on off the bench. Plus he's relatively young.

I don't think it'll happen, especially if Brown leaves.

kid24
07-14-2010, 04:13 AM
i hope ron is better at shooting his threes next year. and i pray andrew becomes a monster in the paint.

Laker Legend42
07-14-2010, 10:28 AM
The coaching staff should put Artest in the post a lot more. His three point percentage was higher because he doesn't shoot as many when he spends time in the paint. His best games happened when he was able to bang on the block from time to time.

LA_Raiders
07-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Odom/Machine/Ron should be playing in the summer league...

o.reams2425
07-14-2010, 11:25 AM
The Lakers would be ten times better if LO could just learn to go right.