PDA

View Full Version : Biggest improvement for non playoff teams...

Tyreke20-5-5
07-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Which 2 teams, 1 from each conference that didnt make the playoffs, will make the biggest improvement from last season? And why?

For example:

West: Clippers because Blake will be playing and etc...

East: Nets because of Lopez's improvement and addition of Favors and a new coach in Johnson etc...

I wanna see what you guys think.

TrueFan420
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
nets also had a good pick up in morrow

TheBay30
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Easily Golden State!
Traded 3 players last year that were always injured!
Got David Lee
and stole Dorell Wright who will have a break out season . 3y/12M

Traded Morrow to Nets for trade exception so they can make more trades!

TheBay30
07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
and they kept Reggie Williams who is the best scorer in summer leuage!
Last year played for Warriors for 24 games and averaged 15 points. Pure scorer

avrpatsfan
07-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Warriors for sure. They'll be contenders with a big three of Ellis,Lee, and Curry.

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 12:30 AM
y not knciks with a solid young core except amare who is a beast in this system...hopefully he can do what he did in phoenix..gallo and chandler r good role players and douglas is reaching potential soon..feltron is a fine pg and these warriors players we got r also good...a pretty good deep team if u ask me...fighting for thr 7 seed at best 8 seed if they play good and might fall out of the playoffs

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 12:42 AM
I think its the Kings. Adding Cousins, Whiteside, Salembert. We all expect Tyreke to have a breakout year. You have guys like Casspi, Greene, Landry who are young and improving. I think the West has to watch out for this team. They have 5 guys over 6'11 who are not scrubs. Very long and physical. Just a heads up.

Reyes6
07-13-2010, 12:45 AM
To answer your question, you said biggest improvement...

Nets might make the playoffs and were the worst team statistically in the NBA last year. Clippers hovered around .500, so they would need to be a top 4 playoff seed... and I see the Nets winning 30 more games than last year.

JiffyMix88
07-13-2010, 12:54 AM
The Pistons by adding Monroe......... HAHA naw the Wolves should look good this year with the additions of Beasley and Johnson

NPH
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Knicks?

mynameismo
07-13-2010, 12:58 AM
SacTown is loaded with talent.. Watch out!

sf-fanatic
07-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Warriors for sure. They'll be contenders with a big three of Ellis,Lee, and Curry.

haha im a warriors fan and i think they have a shot to sneak into the playoffs, but was this sarcasm? lol

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 12:59 AM
SacTown is loaded with talent.. Watch out!

This

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-13-2010, 01:00 AM
Warriors or Kings in the West....and I think one of these teams will make the playoffs.

I guess the Knicks or Nets in the East...but I dont think either of them will make the playoffs...maybe the Knicks though.

asandhu23
07-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Technically its big 4. Biedrins-Ellis-Lee-Curry

ChiSox219
07-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Nets, Pacers (w/new PG and/or new coach), Bulls, possibly the Kings who have that boom/bust type of roster.

I could see all of those teams improving by 10+ wins

xabial
07-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Sac Town got Hassan whiteside, and Causins to team up w/ roy Tyreke Evans.

As biased as this sounds, ill also go with my Knicks.

airforceones25
07-13-2010, 01:10 AM
To answer your question, you said biggest improvement...

Nets might make the playoffs and were the worst team statistically in the NBA last year. Clippers hovered around .500, so they would need to be a top 4 playoff seed... and I see the Nets winning 30 more games than last year.

29-53 is hovering around .500? and the Lakers didn't lose a single game right?

Young$avage
07-13-2010, 01:11 AM
Grizzlies and Knicks.

Blazers#1Fan
07-13-2010, 01:13 AM
1. Nets

Lopez
Favors
Outlaw
James
Harris
6th Farmar

2.Kings they'd have a hug lineup if thompson or landry can play the 2

Dalembert
Cousins/ /Greene
Landry
Evans - Thompson
Udrih - Evans

whiteside
Thompson
greene

3. clippers

Kaman
Griffin
Aminu/Gomes
Gordon/Foye
Davis/Bledsoe

4. Knicks

Amare(undersized center)
Gallinari
Chandler
Azubuike
Felton

toronto_JazzFan
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
29-53 is hovering around .500? and the Lakers didn't lose a single game right?

LMAO that guy is clueLESS. honestly i dont see the hype in the knicks im not hating or anything. i think the surprise team will be the raptors. and how does david lee get the warriors into the play-offs that guy is soo overated i would take Bargs over him.

KKell2507
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Im going with the Sixers from the East and Kings from the West.

Kings for much of the reasons others have said with their tall and talented front court to go with tyreke evans.

I picked the Sixers from the east because they gotrid of their biggest weakness last year in eddie jordan whos princeton offense did not fit with the Sixers roster in any way. Plus they added a defensive minded coach in Doug Collins who has improved the 3 teams hes taken over for by 18, 18, and 10 wins in his career. They also added the #2 pick in the draft in Evan Turner whos probably the most NBA ready of anybody in the draft. And a year of experience for Jrue Holiday running the show will really proveto be a helpful for the Sixers. I could see them making a run at the 5-6 seed next year.

dre1990
07-13-2010, 01:23 AM
IMO every one is in the playoff hunt in the west (besides minny), but Sac town and golden state look to have improved the most out there. In the east, ill go wit the nets and knicks

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 01:25 AM
1. Nets

Lopez
Favors
Outlaw
James
Harris
6th Farmar

2.Kings they'd have a hug lineup if thompson or landry can play the 2

Dalembert
Cousins/ /Greene
Landry
Evans - Thompson
Udrih - Evans

whiteside
Thompson
greene

3. clippers

Kaman
Griffin
Aminu/Gomes
Gordon/Foye
Davis/Bledsoe

4. Knicks

Amare(undersized center)
Gallinari
Chandler
Azubuike
Felton

Did you really just list Jason Thompson at SG? He's a PF/C and Landry can only play the 4.

cali72888
07-13-2010, 01:28 AM
I see the Warriors coming out as the most improved non playoff team after the end of the offseason.

They are going to make more moves and have their Mid level and 4 million in cap space to work with after the Morrow trade exception.

Ellis will most likely get dealt before the season and I can see the O.J. Mayo + Haslem Thabeet for Monte Ellis deal come back to life.

Many players have been linked to the Warriors via trade (Ariza, Granger, Gortat) all of whom will help turn the franchise around quickly.

Not to mention the Chris Cohan era in Golden State is going to come to an end and that alone makes this offseason a huge one.

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Did you really just list Jason Thompson at SG? He's a PF/C and Landry can only play the 4.

Lol, You beat me to it. Hey maybe he was talking about his brother Ryan Thompson :D :laugh:

goldenstater
07-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Kings. Maybe Minnesota getting beastly and Wesley Johnson? Idk.

ZebraCity916
07-13-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm gonna say Kings or Warriors in the West.

Knicks in the East.

Catfish1314
07-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Kings replaced Hawes with Dalembert, unloaded Nocioni's horrible contract, and had a fantastic draft of Cousins and Whiteside.

Warriors added David Lee with some expenses, but minimal compared to what Lee can do with them.

I like what the Knicks have done. They have a good unit now and not so much of a jumbled lineup that constantly changes.

But I think it has to be the Clippers. Aminu will be a solid player, Gomes was a nice addition, and they get a ROY candidate with an NBA body in Blake Griffin.

tredigs
07-13-2010, 01:44 AM
I see the Warriors coming out as the most improved non playoff team after the end of the offseason.

They are going to make more moves and have their Mid level and 4 million in cap space to work with after the Morrow trade exception.

Ellis will most likely get dealt before the season and I can see the O.J. Mayo + Haslem Thabeet for Monte Ellis deal come back to life.

Many players have been linked to the Warriors via trade (Ariza, Granger, Gortat) all of whom will help turn the franchise around quickly.

Not to mention the Chris Cohan era in Golden State is going to come to an end and that alone makes this offseason a huge one.

If we can get rid of Monta for some very solid piece, make a solid sign with the MLE and the new ownership (hopefully Ellison) can hire a new coach that will set the team in the right direction -- then yeah, I'd be thrilled with our off-season (especially with a perfect defensive big role player in Udoh as the 6th pick). We easily have the potential to be a playoff team - the fact that we won 26 games with literally half of our team injured last year is actually pretty impressive.

But as of right now, we still have a lot of work to do before I'm ready to make a judgement on our team either way (I hated losing Randolph + Morrow. But I don't mind a frontcourt of Lee + Biedrins with Udoh as the 6th or 7th).

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Getting rid of Monta wouldn't be the best thing to do.

tredigs
07-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Getting rid of Monta wouldn't be the best thing to do.

Yeah it would -- Monta's not good as a teams #1. He ruins the flow of the offense and is a weak/undersized man defender. If he was a better passer and we didn't have Curry it would be one thing, but as sick of a talent as Monta is - he's not the right fit for the team. I definitely don't want to lose him for less than an all star caliber player, but he has to go.

roshan3ai
07-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Warriors, Knicks, Nets, Clips all improved

nikeking711
07-13-2010, 01:51 AM
T-Wolves to add to everyones list. Beasley will be huge for them.

TheGsw
07-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah it would -- Monta's not good as a teams #1. He ruins the flow of the offense and is a weak/undersized man defender. If he was a better passer and we didn't have Curry it would be one thing, but as sick of a talent as Monta is - he's not the right fit for the team. I definitely don't want to lose him for less than an all star caliber player, but he has to go

Monta aint going anywhere.

tredigs
07-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Monta aint going anywhere.

Then the Dubs ain't going anywhere.

Pick one.

TheGsw
07-13-2010, 01:55 AM

Pick one.

Believe it or not, Monta is a key piece for next years team.

asandhu23
07-13-2010, 01:55 AM

Pick one.

You talk as if thegsw is Larry Riley and you are his counselor.

TheGsw
07-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Also Monta wont be the first option like he was last year. Steph Curry will run the show and it will be all good! :)

TheGsw
07-13-2010, 01:56 AM

:clap:

Blazers#1Fan
07-13-2010, 01:58 AM

you didnt read much did you... i said if thompson could play the 2 they'd have a huge lineup! Landry played more then the 4 i seen him hover with the 4&3 in Houston when scola was in and Yao year before previous season

and the lineup i put was

Dalembert
Cousins
Landry
Evans
beno

TheBay30
07-13-2010, 01:58 AM
David Lee wouldn't have gone to the warriors if Monta Ellis was part of the deal. He wants to play with him, curry, and Biedrins!

DerekRE_3
07-13-2010, 02:01 AM
you didnt read much did you... i said if thompson could play the 2 they'd have a huge lineup!

Well...you could say that about any team if you put a 6'11 PF/C at the 2 spot.
Now, you would have a point if you had said Donte Greene. He spent time at the 2 and 3 last year and can play both. He actually grew during the offseason and they say that he is close to being 7 feet tall. They also have Omri Casspi who is 6'9 and he saw time at the 2 and 3. So the Kings could run this lineup if they wanted to:

DeMarcus Cousins: 6'11 (19 years old)
Hassan Whiteside: 7'0 (21 years old)
Donte Greene: 6'11 (22 years old)
Omri Casspi: 6'9 (22 years old)
Tyreke Evans: 6'6 (20 years old)

Average height of that lineup is 6'10. And you can substitute a pair of 6'11 guys like Jason Thompson or Sam Dalembert if you wanted to also.

sfattahian
07-13-2010, 02:02 AM

Pick one.

Monta is still the best player on the Warriors, but Curry will be before long. Only trade Ellis for a stud like Granger...Ariza not good enough.

I'd rather keep Ellis and use the $18 million we'll have to spend next offseason to get a superstar or 2 very good players.

$14 million in expiring contracts + $4 million trade exception + a great starting 4 + new ownership = bright future for the Warriors.

Next offseason we will be the most improved non-playoff team again (the west is too good for us this year), but we'll contend for years after that.

ntat
07-13-2010, 02:04 AM

ill have to respectfully disagree.

nuggetsyankees
07-13-2010, 02:05 AM
I agree with Sacramento

Kings_rexb
07-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Well...you could say that about any team if you put a 6'11 PF/C at the 2 spot.
Now, you would have a point if you had said Donte Greene. He spent time at the 2 and 3 last year and can play both. He actually grew during the offseason and they say that he is close to being 7 feet tall. They also have Omri Casspi who is 6'9 and he saw time at the 2 and 3. So the Kings could run this lineup if they wanted to:

DeMarcus Cousins: 6'11 (19 years old)
Hassan Whiteside: 7'0 (21 years old)
Donte Greene: 6'11 (22 years old)
Omri Casspi: 6'9 (22 years old)
Tyreke Evans: 6'6 (20 years old)

Average height of that lineup is 6'10. And you can substitute a pair of 6'11 guys like Jason Thompson or Sam Dalembert if you wanted to also.

yep! agree! Kings are really improved this year with tons of potential!

Iodine
07-13-2010, 02:12 AM

You're a tool

tredigs
07-13-2010, 02:32 AM
Monta is still the best player on the Warriors, but Curry will be before long. Only trade Ellis for a stud like Granger...Ariza not good enough.

I'd rather keep Ellis and use the $18 million we'll have to spend next offseason to get a superstar or 2 very good players.

$14 million in expiring contracts + $4 million trade exception + a great starting 4 + new ownership = bright future for the Warriors.

Next offseason we will be the most improved non-playoff team again (the west is too good for us this year), but we'll contend for years after that.

I'd agree with this. We're not going to make any kind of deep run this year even if we do sneak in (which I actually think is manageable), so if we can't get the exact deal we need, I'd rather hold onto him. Granger would work perfectly. We'd still have 13 mil + the 4 mil trade exception to spend next season, so it wouldn't hurt us much there either. But the bottom line is that even though Ellis is a sick talent and entertaining as **** to watch, he doesn't help us win - and he doesn't help Curry's progress. At some point they need to figure a way out of that.

You write as if your native tongue is Punjabi?

You're a tool

Chainsaw.

WolvesJagsOs
07-13-2010, 02:42 AM
I think its rather funny how when some1 say teh Wolves should improve everyone just ignores it. its fine though, i expect us to improve, but not be playoff contenders yet. We got young pieces, but they gotta develope, if all our young pieces broke out, who knows, but i aint expecting that. Beasley definetely helped our chances imo. But again, just an opinion.

Diggy_2
07-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Knicks because Anthony Randolf...Amare... and Felton those are good additions

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-13-2010, 02:51 AM
keep monta! unless we can get a superstar, keep ellis here..we'll have money to spend next offseason and thats when we can become contenders

iFYouSeekAmy
07-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Knicks because Anthony Randolf...Amare... and Felton those are good additions

I can't believe people are saying Randolph is a top player.. or some go as far as top 5 PF in the league as of now. It just so happened to be right when the transaction occurred. Nobody ever hyped him when he was in Golden State.. (except the GS forum, of course)he's not an All-star/superstar YET.. his potential is far from being reached and people think he reached it already.

WolvesJagsOs
07-13-2010, 02:58 AM
Ifyouseekamy. He is in NY now. lol. Doesnt that explain it all?

KingBeren13
07-13-2010, 03:07 AM
I say Kings in the West. Whiteside and Cousins are such huge improvements to the Kings. They got all the no-talents/worthless people off the team (Udoka, Nocioni, May, Rodriguez, Thomas and Hawes.) Tyreke is only going to improve and their entire young roster only gets better and better. I expect to see both Omri and Greene to be much more improved next season.

I pick the Nets in the east because even a losing record of 35-47 would be such a great improvement to their team. Plus I think Favors is going to be an amazing player for them.

ntat
07-13-2010, 06:40 AM
I think its rather funny how when some1 say teh Wolves should improve everyone just ignores it. its fine though, i expect us to improve, but not be playoff contenders yet. We got young pieces, but they gotta develope, if all our young pieces broke out, who knows, but i aint expecting that. Beasley definetely helped our chances imo. But again, just an opinion.

Because u guys will just unload ur good pla- oh wait, u just did get rid of Jefferson like an hr ago.

The Raven
07-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Warriors. They added plenty of talent to that team that was an improvement over what they had last season

Russell_Roberts
07-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Golden State Hands Down I am looking foward to them this year

Niro
07-13-2010, 07:56 AM
warriors and kings have a bright future in the west.

in the east its new york who should be somewhere between the 6-8 spot now

HOZ THE KNICK
07-13-2010, 08:04 AM
east knicks
west sactown

thenaj17
07-13-2010, 08:15 AM
I think its the Kings. Adding Cousins, Whiteside, Salembert. We all expect Tyreke to have a breakout year. You have guys like Casspi, Greene, Landry who are young and improving. I think the West has to watch out for this team. They have 5 guys over 6'11 who are not scrubs. Very long and physical. Just a heads up.

How can someone who had 20-5-5 have a breakout season..dude already broke out rookie year, he's a beast!

thenaj17
07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Technically its big 4. Biedrins-Ellis-Lee-Curry

There isn't even a big 1 out of these players, let alone 4. They're all very good players but none genuine all stars

Korman12
07-13-2010, 09:00 AM
It'd be hard pressed for any of the teams in the West that didn't make the playoffs last season to make it this year, outside of Houston. I do like what the Kings did, but I have my doubts they'll be able to turn themselves around this season. 2011-12 they should be pretty good.

The East? Eh, New York, I guess.

goose15
07-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm gonna say Kings or Warriors in the West.

Knicks in the East.

this

Raidaz4Life
07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
If Biedrins can get back on track its hard to pick against the warriors in the west

The East has to be the Knicks....

E-Man117
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
ahahaha Knicks, dont kid yourselves, Amare is not your saviour. Felton is not your saviour. you still cant play D and still will be disappointing, id take the Nets over Knicks and the Nets were almost the worst team EVER last year. but most improved East Nets (worst team ever, if they win 10 games in the first half of the year theyll earn this title) West... hard for me to say but ill go with... Memphis, they havent done much, but theyre young and have been playing together for awhile now, should see marginal improvements each year from them from now on

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 09:52 AM

he also has Greeene as a PF. I bet he isn't going to play a single minute there with the kind of size Sac Town has.

PrettyBoyJ
07-13-2010, 10:03 AM
if the knicks make the right moves they can def. make an improvement maybe win 40 games

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 10:19 AM
David Lee wouldn't have gone to the warriors if Monta Ellis was part of the deal. He wants to play with him, curry, and Biedrins!

lol david lee will go to any place where he can get his max 6 year deal anyway before you guys scream warriors remember nelly is still your coach :D

lvlheaded
07-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Id say the west is Sactown, so much potential on that team.

The east is the Nets. Although I believe the Knicks are now a playoff team, if the Nets win 30 games they would have more than doubled their win total from a year ago

Lo Porto
07-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Jazz fan here.

NY has improved more than any other non playoff team. They replaced Duhon, TMac, and Lee with Felton, Azubuike, Randolph, Turiaf and Amare. Add in that Gallinari and Douglas should only be better this year.

D-Block21-Chito
07-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Id have to say Golden State for SURE! That team is looking POTENT!

Penetra8r
07-13-2010, 10:47 AM
GS is gonna be a talent

DCsports
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Wizards-John Wall

Immoknight
07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Jazz fan here.

NY has improved more than any other non playoff team. They replaced Duhon, TMac, and Lee with Felton, Azubuike, Randolph, Turiaf and Amare. Add in that Gallinari and Douglas should only be better this year.

Forgot that they also got rid of Al "Black Hole" Harrington. :) I mean, that alone should equal another 5 - 10 wins. Al "Black Hole" Harrington has two things on his mind when he hits the court, shoot first and ask questions later followed by, shoot first and ask questions later. :)

I can't wait to see a developing Gallinari, I hope he continues to improve further because frankly, he has the 'it' factor.

Oh yea, forgot to answer question. In the East, it has to be the Knicks.

uws
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
ironically knicks and GSW (even tho they made thrades with one another)

Lo Porto
07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Am I missing something here? What is all this about the Warriors? Don't get me wrong, David Lee will help you, but does he replace all that Maggette, Randolph, Turiaf and Buike have given over the last two years? And your draft pick might not even play until after the all star break due to that wrist injury.

I like what GS has done for the long haul, but the Clippers are adding two rookies to an already decent team (Griffen and Aminu are both considered rookies this year). They are my pick for the West.

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Lee and beidrneis (spelling) compliment eachother well it's just that nelly is still there coach who is stopping them from becoming good team

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
NETS!!

1) Agreeing to deal with Avery Johnson to become new HC. Brings to NJ a new up-tempo offense that Johnson was successful with at Dallas.

2) The Little things count! Yes they didn't land any big name free agents but acquire SF T.Outlaw, SG B.Morrow, PG J.Farmar, & C J.Petro; the Nets bring in players with chips on their shoulders and willingness to contribute off the bench! As for Outlaw, who'll be starting at SF this season, will proove that he's just more than a bench asset from Portland

3) Drafting Derrick Favors who IMO is the next best PF

Overall: I see the Nets with a +35 win improvement; resulting in a 45 win season & at least the 7th seed in the Eastern Conference Playoff.

D-Block21-Chito
07-13-2010, 12:39 PM
NETS!!

1) Agreeing to deal with Avery Johnson to become new HC. Brings to NJ a new up-tempo offense that Johnson was successful with at Dallas.

2) The Little things count! Yes they didn't land any big name free agents but acquire SF T.Outlaw, SG B.Morrow, PG J.Farmar, & C J.Petro; the Nets bring in players with chips on their shoulders and willingness to contribute off the bench! As for Outlaw, who'll be starting at SF this season, will proove that he's just more than a bench asset from Portland

3) Drafting Derrick Favors who IMO is the next best PF

Overall: I see the Nets with a +35 win improvement; resulting in a 45 win season & at least the 7th seed in the Eastern Conference Playoff.

I agree that the nets have positioned themselves well but you are looking at more of a 35 win season all together. I would be very very surpised if they were over 500 team. The east has gotten much better as well and I don't see them killing anybody

CityofTreez
07-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Kings/Warriors/Clipper improved alot over this offseason.

I still think the GSW kinda **** the bed by getting rid of Randolph & Morrow! Morrow was a really great shot on a great shooting team, and david Lee will improve the Warriors, but not immensely.

East: has to be the Nets
Their record will see the highest improvment after last year's record

losbreezy
07-13-2010, 02:20 PM
How can someone who had 20-5-5 have a breakout season..dude already broke out rookie year, he's a beast!

Am I missing something here? What is all this about the Warriors? Don't get me wrong, David Lee will help you, but does he replace all that Maggette, Randolph, Turiaf and Buike have given over the last two years? And your draft pick might not even play until after the all star break due to that wrist injury.

I actually agree with this.