PDA

View Full Version : Without LeBron would the Heat be contenders?

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Lets say they got Bosh and Wade but LeBron didn't "decided" to remain a Cav ( ;) ). Would the Heat still be able to put together a team that is good enough to be LEGIT contenders in the NBA?

defender4m
07-13-2010, 12:15 AM
contenders? yea. champianship caliber? idk. They would be a top 4 seed in the east for sure. i would still put the celtics,magic, and cavs ahead of them.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
contenders? yea. champianship caliber? idk. They would be a top 4 seed in the east for sure. i would still put the celtics,magic, and cavs ahead of them.

this is based on the notion that they would be able to put a decent supporting cast around them (eg. Haywood, Josh Howard, JJ Redick etc.)

kjoke
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
contenders sure, would they win? no

PLAYERS FAN
07-13-2010, 12:19 AM
If you put two superstars together you are a contender.

Kobe's Disciple
No, only fools would think they would be contenders. The Celtics and Bulls would be better than the Heat. We know Bosh is soft and chocks in the playoffs.

DCB/LAL
Yes they would..

bahama0811
07-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I think they would.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:20 AM

exactly even though Bosh is not quite a superstar, he's certainly top 15 though.

gbpackers12
07-13-2010, 12:21 AM
They'd contend. I don't know if they'd be able to beat the Celtics or the Magic, but they'd definitely be in the mix depending on who else they picked up.

marlinsfan24
07-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes they would be. But Riley wants a Dynasty, not 1 or 2 rings.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:22 AM
No, only fools would think they would be contenders. The Celtics and Bulls would be better than the Heat. We know Bosh is soft and chocks in the playoffs.

ur spelling of "choke" tells me all I need to know about your intellect, it doesn't even make sense discussing anything with you. Calling people fools. :facepalm:

HoopsDrive
Depending on the supporting cast they get, they'd be good, probably top 4 in the East, but I don't see them being able to compete with the likes of the Lakers, Magic and depending on where LBJ goes, that team.

kArSoN RyDaH
what if lebron didnt play basketball?

what if dwayne wade went to play overseas?

what if kobe bryant was named something else?

see where im going? get rid of these WHAT IF threads please.

HoopsDrive
07-13-2010, 12:23 AM

Here's a common mistake. Bosh is NOT a superstar. He's one of the top PF in the league, sure, but he does NOT have the same impact that having a player like Wade and LBJ has. This is coming from a Raptors fan btw.

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Depending on the supporting cast they get, they'd be good, probably top 4 in the East, but I don't see them being able to compete with the likes of the Lakers, Magic and depending on where LBJ goes, that team.

:)

so don't you think if you put 2 players of Bosh's and Wade calibre on the same team they won't contend? Especially with the likeliness that they'd be able to put the necessary pieces around them (eg what Chicago has done this off-season). Oh and Wade virtually by himself gave the Celts a run for their money last post season. Add Bosh to that mix and you never know what could have happened. Wade was the only player that was able to play so well against the Celts that entire post season.

td0tsfinest
07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I think so. The heat would still have a large amount of cap space to find other players.

Bruno
07-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes because with James off the books they could afford to surround Bosh and Wade with the perfect role players. Favorites? No, still not better than Boston or Orlando (Or Cleveland if James stayed), but contenders.

HoopsDrive
07-13-2010, 12:31 AM
:)

so don't you think if you put 2 players of Bosh's and Wade calibre on the same team they won't contend? Especially with the likeliness that they'd be able to put the necessary pieces around them (eg what Chicago has done this off-season). Oh and Wade virtually by himself gave the Celts a run for their money last post season. Add Bosh to that mix and you never know what could have happened. Wade was the only player that was able to play so well against the Celts that entire post season.

Imo they'd put up a great fight in the East but I don't think they would get past the Magic/Celts in the East, let alone the Lakers if they somehow get to the finals. I see how you give a lot of credit to Wade and when you add a player of better caliber to the same team... now there's a legit contender right there to me.

D1JM
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
of course you can state this because they would have a deeper bench.

DoubleDragon
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
yes because with james off the books they could afford to surround bosh and wade with the perfect role players. Favorites? No, still not better than boston or orlando (or cleveland if james stayed), but contenders.

+1

EaglesJackson10
07-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Yes without Lebron they would of been but they also would of had all that money they spent on him to get other players.

jackdawson
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
YES. They would contend for title by surrounding Wade and Bosh with solid role players. No doubt about that. Wade with a dominant big-man is unstoppable. We have seen that.

But that wouldn't be a dynasty. You add LeBron to that mix and your team is set to destroy the league for next 7/8 years.

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 01:04 AM
Yea no doubt IMO

Kyben36
07-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Yes, they would be, and There would not be all this **** about lebron. but that asside, yes, they would be, in fact, I think they would be better, they could have gotten a C, a solid SF kike Mike miller, and even a good PG. but right now, they have 2 glaring holes, and one of them is C

tredigs
07-13-2010, 01:15 AM

Ding ding. Let's say Lebron went to the Bulls instead of the Heat. Who are the favorites? Bulls, clearly. The Lakers would also still be better than them, and depending on how the Celtics and Magic hold together next season (aging VC + entire core of Celtics aging can't be ignored) then them as well. I'm high on the Thunder, but I would expect them to be able to beat a Lebron-less Heat team as well. Bosh is nowhere near the player that a 33 year old Shaq was to that Heat team...

With the right role players they'd definitely contend (and if they pulled a strong Center would be VERY good), but I think they'd be underdogs to 50/50 at best against the teams I mentioned.

The Raven
07-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Im certain they'd still be contenders

ShakeN'Bake
07-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Contenders? yes. Favorites? no.

magichatnumber9
07-13-2010, 07:24 AM
No I don't think they would be without Lebron

-Big-Baby-
07-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Yes. Def!

ldawg
07-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Thats a no brainer yes they would with solid role players.

Assman22
07-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Here's a question....who choked more in the playoffs this year for their respective teams, LeBron for the Cavs or Joe Johnson for the Hawks?

Ethix11
07-13-2010, 08:02 AM
They would have never traded away Beasley in hopes of him breaking out and would fill out the roster with alot of depth.

JordansBulls
07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Lets say they got Bosh and Wade but LeBron didn't "decided" to remain a Cav ( ;) ). Would the Heat still be able to put together a team that is good enough to be LEGIT contenders in the NBA?

Yep, they would be top 2 with or without Lebron. The other team that would have been better is the team Lebron went to.

Jaji
07-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Playoff contenders? Yes.

Championship contenders? :laugh2:

Jaji
07-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Here's a question....who choked more in the playoffs this year for their respective teams, LeBron for the Cavs or Joe Johnson for the Hawks?

Johnson choked. LeBron stopped giving a eff after he found out Delonte was boning his mom. BIG difference.

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 09:14 AM

wEIRD QUESTION, THERE NOT EVEN CONTENDERS WITH HIM

Swashcuff
07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
wEIRD QUESTION, THERE NOT EVEN CONTENDERS WITH HIM

:facepalm:

y do you guys even waste time... i mean i am not willing to believe that one person can be that foolish