PDA

View Full Version : Lebron a side kick?

rawz
07-12-2010, 09:24 PM
As a spectator, doesnt it look like Wade completely game'd lebron? I mean, who's team is it? If they win, who looks the best? To me, this is wade's team. He will get the last shot. He will be the mvp if the heat does well.

Look at most of the interviews. The pics. Who is in the middle? Who looks like the leader of that team?

Wade seems to have much better people representing him. He is in a position to really sell himself even more.

Am i off base on what im seeing? Does anyone else see this?

just curious.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5374799

Look. who is in the one that stands out?

Look at other pics to. Not all of them, but most of them have wade in the middle, and looking like the head of the show.

VinceCarter
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Already have a huge thread on this.

It's Wade's team. Always will be. Comparable to why the Yankees is Jeter's team not A-Rod or CC's.

Close thread.

tredigs
07-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Right now, it's Wade's team in the sense that "he's in the center of their photos". Lebron isn't dumb enough to try to take the center spot on a team he joined that already has a top tier superstar on it.

But once the season starts, it will become quite obvious that LBJ is not on the team to be a sidekick. They may be the two best players to ever play on the same team during their prime, though - so it will definitely be interesting to see how well they gel once they're faced with their first adversity (which may take a while).

The people on here and elsewhere that hate Lebron who attest that it's ABSOLUTELY Wade's team will see soon enough that this just won't be the case. The guy is far too huge a talent, and far too huge a persona to be anyones sidekick. Bosh on the other hand? A distant sidekick on a team that has two players that want/should have the ball as much as these two.

gbrl
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
was looking up pics of bostons big 3 and the majority had garnett in the middle

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
he was prepared for everything...so yeah he is wade's sidekick....

the_jon
07-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Lebron is losing his side kick virginity, hopefully very roughly.

jrodmesche
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
nobody is going to be labeled on this team there not going to argue whos "main guy" there just gonna go out on the court and kick some ***~!!!

rawz
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
I just wanted to see if im the only one that percieves that. Maybe it will change when the season starts, or maybe im wrong. I just get the feeling Wade was much much more prepared for free agency, then lebron, and is a much better position to capitalize.

RapOZo
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
i keep sayin it, biggest mistake ever made by a superstar, watch

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
:facepalm:

rawz
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Lebron james just went from Adrian Peterson (loved by all, nfl superstar)
to Tony Romo. Worshipped by only that teams fans, hated by all others...

StayOutOfTrees
07-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Lebron kind of joined a super hero group. Like Captain America, Hulk, and Ironman joining the Avengers, or those DC comic characters with the Justice League.

But no, Lebron is not like Captain America's side kick Bucky, or Batman's Robin, etc.

He just joined a super group is all.

Now maybe Miller is the sidekick Robin, but not Lebron.

BigBlueCrew
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
of course Lebron is a sidekick. He is the robin to DWade's batman.

You'll get a idea when the game comes down to the end and who takes the final shot.

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Lebron kind of joined a super hero group. Like Captain America, Hulk, and Ironman joining the Avengers, or those DC comic characters with the Justice League.

But no, Lebron is not like Captain America's side kick Bucky, or Batman's Robin, etc.

He just joined a super group is all.

Now maybe Miller is the sidekick Robin, but not Lebron.

Lebron "IS" the sidekick. Don't deny it, becuz that's exactly what he is now. He'll forever be remembered as the little queef who was so desperate to win a ring, he went crawling to his little buddies to try to help him get one. How embarassing for a player of his caliber to do that. Michael Jordan must be laughing his a-- off.

StayOutOfTrees
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Lebron "IS" the sidekick. Don't deny it, becuz that's exactly what he is now. He'll forever be remembered as the little queef who was so desperate to win a ring, he went crawling to his little buddies to try to help him get one. How embarassing for a player of his caliber to do that. Michael Jordan must be laughing his a-- off.

And after he has like 5 rings or whatever and Wade retires, and he gets 3 more, and has more than anyone, than he is Kobe's Batman???

Sorry, I just have to have fun with all this legacy and side kick stuff, it's really rediculous.

J_M_B
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Somebody has to be in the middle..

Jaji
07-12-2010, 10:46 PM

It's Wade's team. Always will be. Comparable to why the Yankees is Jeter's team not A-Rod or CC's.

Close thread.

What about 5 years from now when LeBron is being offered another max deal and Wade isn't?

Who would take you seriously anyway with a name like VinceCarter? :laugh:

You might as well be JRRider.

_KB24_
07-12-2010, 10:47 PM
The Yankee example is the best. Its Wade's (Jeter) team even though A-Rod (LBJ) has the stats.

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Lebron is no side kick...Side kicks don't demand as much attention as he will get...

ldawg
07-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Its wade Team and they well have more success if its wade and Bosh play off each other and Lebron fill the gaps with his versatility base on what the team needs from game to game. You can't forget about the big man. Also Lebron has the body to take charges and defend the other team scorer. Make Lebron the work horse every good team needs one. Everyone can't be the man. D Wade is the better closer as well and has more determination and heart.

Kobe's Disciple
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Yes, LeQuit is Wade's Pippen. Miami is Wade's city, the Heat is his team, and he won a championship on the Heat being the best player on the team.

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah, LBJ is Wade's Pippen now. If James was the alpha dog, Wade would be in Cleveland.

I gotta think egos are going to get in the way on this team. Its not like Boston where Garnett focused on rebounding and defence and kept the his defender honest by hitting shots when he was open. Ray Allen just liked coming off screens and Pierce got to handle the ball and set up plays, everybody was happy and Rondo developed into a star.

In Miami they have three guys who have dominated the ball for years. Even in Minny Garnett didnt 'dominate' the ball, the point guard brought it up, and though he was their most consistent scorer, Cassell and Spreewell handled the ball. Allen was always more of a spot up shooter who was great coming off screens and moving with the ball, while Pierce was like a point forward at time and like handling the ball, creating his own shot and distributing when defneces doubled him and opened up other guys.

This is not the case in Miami. Bosh will have to learn to be a third option, Wade will have to learn to move without the ball and both will have to accept that LBJ will be doing the ball handling and distributing. and if they cant swallow that... there will be trouble on this team.

WITZ
07-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Lepippen James pretty sad dude became a ring chaser at the age of 25 guess it was to much pressure for him.

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 12:24 AM

Close thread.

couldnt be any more on target with that one...that y i question lebron...y is he so desperate when he one of the best players in league and is only 25 with 5+ yrs in his prime...dont get it

D1JM
07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Lebron is no side kick...Side kicks don't demand as much attention as he will get...

hahahaha want me to repeat what i said in the bulls forum about true pedigree winners? Just look at the fourth quarter against spain and you will see lebron is a sidekick. Even wade was a sidekick to kobe

D1JM
07-13-2010, 12:31 AM
a heat fan argument might be, well wade was the best player for team usa throughout the tournament, but kobe outshined and only let him shine until when it truthfully matter, the championship game

kjoke
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
lebron is not a sidekick, sidekicks dont average what lebron do
all his carrer lebron has been the man. Now he isnt?, and he hasnt even played a game yet :facepalm:

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 12:50 AM
lebron is not a sidekick, sidekicks dont average what lebron do
all his carrer lebron has been the man. Now he isnt?, and he hasnt even played a game yet :facepalm:

he wasnt a sidekick when he was on the cavs...we r talking about now...he possibly could...wouldnt doubt it..miami is behind wade

Team*Chicago
07-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Of corse LeBron is the sidekick. And we all know it Wade's team since he's still on his original team that drafted him and the team plays in South Beach which is located in Wade County in Florida.

Dwayne Wade = Batman
LeBron James = Robin
Chris Bosh = Batgirl
Pat Riley = Alfred

That is the way things are down there on Wade's team and he's already the fan favorite too.

D1JM
07-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Of corse LeBron is the sidekick. And we all know it Wade's team since he's still on his original team that drafted him and the team plays in South Beach which is located in Wade County in Florida.

Dwayne Wade = Batman
LeBron James = Robin
Chris Bosh = Batgirl
Pat Riley = Alfred

That is the way things are down there on Wade's team and he's already the fan favorite too.

coudlnt of said it better lol. There true intentions is to battle the kobe and the lakers as wade stated in his twitter when kobe lifted the trophy on june 17

Dwadeofficial: 4 some reason I jus got Sick. Goin 2 sleep.

via twitter

like i said before
HE MAD???

tredigs
07-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah, LBJ is Wade's Pippen now. If James was the alpha dog, Wade would be in Cleveland.

I gotta think egos are going to get in the way on this team. Its not like Boston where Garnett focused on rebounding and defence and kept the his defender honest by hitting shots when he was open. Ray Allen just liked coming off screens and Pierce got to handle the ball and set up plays, everybody was happy and Rondo developed into a star.

In Miami they have three guys who have dominated the ball for years. Even in Minny Garnett didnt 'dominate' the ball, the point guard brought it up, and though he was their most consistent scorer, Cassell and Spreewell handled the ball. Allen was always more of a spot up shooter who was great coming off screens and moving with the ball, while Pierce was like a point forward at time and like handling the ball, creating his own shot and distributing when defneces doubled him and opened up other guys.

This is not the case in Miami. Bosh will have to learn to be a third option, Wade will have to learn to move without the ball and both will have to accept that LBJ will be doing the ball handling and distributing. and if they cant swallow that... there will be trouble on this team.

Construct a logical scenario where Wade is playing in Cleveland this season:

Ready, go...

[This won't be a timed test -- I will give you until the Armageddon]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed about the possibility for trouble on this team - but it helps that they will probably be winning nearly every game, and that they are already good friends who have played together on Dream Teams so they know what to expect of one another when they're on the same side. Hopefully there will be some conflict (would make for a more entertaining storyline), but somehow I think the ridiculous amount of winning they will achieve may trump it.

That said, look out if they can't sign a formidable center and they don't take the finals due to a lack of length.

Wade>You
07-13-2010, 02:19 AM
LeBron will have the ball in his hands more than Wade. He's going to be our PG/Point-Forward and I don't think even Wade has problems with letting him facilitate the offense.

KING.WADE.BOSH
07-13-2010, 02:49 AM
all hail the king .... he is no sidekick ... they will share the spotlight... i think there the three headed dragon and the rest of the team are sidekicks....GO HEAT!!!!!!

KING.WADE.BOSH
07-13-2010, 02:51 AM
p.s i hate the magic and cant wait to smash on themm all year ... 82 and 0???

VinceCarter
07-13-2010, 02:58 AM
What about 5 years from now when LeBron is being offered another max deal and Wade isn't?

Who would take you seriously anyway with a name like VinceCarter? :laugh:

You might as well be JRRider.

How am I going to take somebody like you making arrogant statements like this, seriously? Grow up. You are not backing yourself up. Just spewing pathetic insults.

michelangelo
07-13-2010, 03:06 AM
The only man on the planet who can keep all those egos in check is Phil Jackson...

dodie53
07-13-2010, 03:49 AM
if wade is batman,
james is superman

shizzle09
07-13-2010, 04:06 AM
The Yankee example is the best. Its Wade's (Jeter) team even though A-Rod (LBJ) has the stats.

:clap::clap:

Nicely done, good call.

OA SLAY
07-13-2010, 05:32 AM
p.s i hate the magic and cant wait to smash on themm all year ... 82 and 0???

:clap: i ***** my pants i little reading this. Thanks 4 the Laugh:cry: I love how everyones bashing you guys. can u say ENVY!

Master Mind
07-13-2010, 05:38 AM
This is equivalent to Magic Johnson joining Michael Jordan...

The Raven
07-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Lebron has proven to everyone that he's nothing but a sidekick. He has shown that he is incapable of taking on the road of the Leader but would rather be a follower on Wade's team

caddiemaster
07-13-2010, 06:02 AM
One injury away from nothing!

Jaji
07-13-2010, 08:25 AM
[/B]

How am I going to take somebody like you making arrogant statements like this, seriously? Grow up. You are not backing yourself up. Just spewing pathetic insults.

Perhaps you missed the question about LeBron being in Miami well after Wade is gone because you certainly had no answer for it, Air Canada.

OA SLAY
07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
This is equivalent to Magic Johnson joining Michael Jordan...

Ouch! thats double SLAPP in the face.:(