PDA

View Full Version : Dallas moves closer to Al Jefferson

kobemelo
07-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Not sure if it was already mentioned but if not here's the source:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5374674

The Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves continue to exchange proposals on an Al Jefferson trade and moved closer to a deal over the weekend, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I think Minnesota will trade him to Dallas for Dampier and picks, and if Dallas won't budge on the Carroll deal at the least, Utah is offering their trade exception. It will come down to who gives Kahn picks, and more cap relief

ldawg
07-12-2010, 08:02 PM
weird don't Dirk and Al both play pf?

Hawkeye15
07-12-2010, 08:04 PM
weird don't Dirk and Al both play pf?

when was the last time you saw Dirk post up?
They will fit together fine.

Catfish1314
07-12-2010, 08:04 PM
This is a move Dallas needs to make. Dirk and Jefferson are perfect complements. Stick Jefferson down in the post at center and he'll draw double teams. With Dirk out on the perimeter or at midrange, he'll space the floor for Jefferson to operate.

Bruno
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I think Minnesota will trade him to Dallas for Dampier and picks, and if Dallas won't budge on the Carroll deal at the least, Utah is offering their trade exception. It will come down to who gives Kahn picks, and more cap relief

I just dont get it, they have all the pieces there. Literally at every position. Why dont they just stand pat, allow them to grow and develop while Phoenix, Dallas, and SA grows old?

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 08:06 PM
This also opens up the starting PF spot for Beasley in Minnesota without any fuss.

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2010, 08:06 PM
This is a move Dallas needs to make. Dirk and Jefferson are perfect complements. Stick Jefferson down in the post at center and he'll draw double teams. With Dirk out on the perimeter or at midrange, he'll space the floor for Jefferson to operate.

Where does that leave Haywood, who they just gave a boatload of money to??

CaptainStu5
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Unstoppable on offense, nonexistent on defense. Can Dirk guard Centers?

Catfish1314
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Where does that leave Haywood, who they just gave a boatload of money to??

As a back-up I guess. They would still need him because Dampier would be going to Minny in this deal. But it doesn't matter. Jefferson is a 20 PPG caliber player up front and if the Mavericks can add that, they have a much better shot at challenging the Lakers.

ATX
07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
If Dallas could pull this off for just Dampier and picks that would be huge. They could sure give LA a run for their money next year.

esewicked13
07-12-2010, 08:19 PM
i hope the denver nuggets make a trade for big al. he would fit in better here in denver.
DENVER'S NEW TRIO
MELO,CHAUNCEY,AND BIG AL

if it happens....which im wishing for......look out lakers and heat

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
i hope the denver nuggets make a trade for big al. he would fit in better here in denver.
DENVER'S NEW TRIO
MELO,CHAUNCEY,AND BIG AL

if it happens....which im wishing for......look out lakers and heat

He would be a great fit in Denver and that would be a scary team, but who can the Nuggets trade to get him? I don't think the T-Wolves wants K-Mart or Nene.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I just dont get it, they have all the pieces there. Literally at every position. Why dont they just stand pat, allow them to grow and develop while Phoenix, Dallas, and SA grows old?

Kahn/Rambis want to run, and use the triangle. Jefferson does not fit this to a tee, especially since Love/Beasley are now there, along with Pekovic from Greece. In theory, trading Jefferson for salary dump and 1st rounder(s), will allow the Wolves to win 25-30 games next year, entice Rubio to come over, and a free agent need of theirs will be there for the taking with their $10+ million in cap space
Look, I am a Kahn fan. But he has made a lot of wait and see decisions. This is for sure the biggest one of those he will make...

Bruno
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Kahn/Rambis want to run, and use the triangle. Jefferson does not fit this to a tee, especially since Love/Beasley are now there, along with Pekovic from Greece. In theory, trading Jefferson for salary dump and 1st rounder(s), will allow the Wolves to win 25-30 games next year, entice Rubio to come over, and a free agent need of theirs will be there for the taking with their $10+ million in cap space
Look, I am a Kahn fan. But he has made a lot of wait and see decisions. This is for sure the biggest one of those he will make...

Do you think Beasley is big enough to be a legitimate PF? Ive always thought he was the SF type. I'd think Rubio would be more inclined to come play for the Wolves if they hovered around .500 this year- which I think they could if they kept Jefferson.

I just feel like if you don't get a player for Jefferson the Garnett trade just looks horrible, three years removed.

Bryrob58
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM

This.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
If Dallas doesn't hurry up and make this move...

Hawkeye15
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Do you think Beasley is big enough to be a legitimate PF? Ive always thought he was the SF type. I'd think Rubio would be more inclined to come play for the Wolves if they hovered around .500 this year- which I think they could if they kept Jefferson.

I just feel like if you don't get a player for Jefferson the Garnett trade just looks horrible, three years removed.

if you really are interested, I will break down the trade, and what has happened since with those resources in a PM
KG/Jefferson

Ware_Spencer
07-12-2010, 09:40 PM
http://twitter.com/stein_line_HQ

Just filed to ESPN.com: Sources say UTA has quickly moved into lead in race to acquire Al Jefferson from MIN and working now to seal deal

still1ballin
07-12-2010, 09:48 PM
If he can stay healthy, the Mavs would probably be the 2nd best team in the West, challenging the Lakers.

Mavrix if you want to sig bet me again, I am all for it, you know where to reach me amigo.

LA_Raiders
07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Al is a great fit for Dal, because they play no D... dut to play C? i dont think it would work...

STL/Mizzou/DZ
07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
c-Hay
pf-al
sf-dirk
g-butler
pg-kidd

Ware_Spencer
07-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Sorry Mavs fans looks like Jazz & the Wolves are sealing the deal tonight. Or at least trying to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5374949

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
c-Hay
pf-al
sf-dirk
g-butler
pg-kidd

no thank you

VladTheImpaler
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Sorry Mavs fans looks like Jazz & the Wolves are sealing the deal tonight. Or at least trying to.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5374949

Meh, I think it suits most of us just fine. Getting Iguadola from Philly's probably a more important need.

PurpleJesus
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM

I dont think Kahn cares what the Garnett deal looks like, he had nothing to do with it.

jdub747
07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
has al ever been an all star?

thesparky33
07-12-2010, 11:01 PM
has al ever been an all star?

Nope. His 23/11 season in 2008 was somehow bested by Shaq to take the finals spot in the contest, and then in 2009, when he was putting up the same numbers, David West beat him out.

Look up the numbers, and tell me he didnt deserve their spots. And nobody can say "its about team record" because neither Shaq nor West were the best players on their team, and not even close.

Afridi786
07-13-2010, 03:37 AM
^But they weren't on one of the worst teams either.

Mplsman
07-13-2010, 03:42 AM
c-Hay
pf-al
sf-dirk
g-butler
pg-kidd

:facepalm:

MacFitz92
07-13-2010, 03:49 AM
This also opens up the starting PF spot for Beasley in Minnesota without any fuss.

Kevin Love?

JiffyMix88
07-13-2010, 03:56 AM
if im Minnesota i only trade him if we get Butler in exchange

robdizzle3
07-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Wow. Dallas would be getting better big time with this move, though Haywood got paid a grip, this no doubt makes them better.

Barnes2
07-13-2010, 04:45 AM
if AL is gone Beasly wont start at PF Love will and hope Beasly will start at SF so it will look alright with Flynn,Johnson,Beasly,Love,Darko, with Webster Brewer Ellington Not too bad

The Raven
07-13-2010, 05:59 AM
They need to surround Dirk with good pieces to get over that hump. They were second in the west last year so they arent far off. This move is a move in the right direction though