PDA

View Full Version : Mike Miller to the Heat? Update post #151: Will sign pending physical

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Arn Tellem (Mike Miller's Agent) tells us his client inks the deal in his blog

On the night free-agency kicked in, Mike and I hung out in a room at the Beverly Wilshire with Pat Riley, Alonzo Mourning and others in the Miami brain trust. We held our own with them until 2:30 in the morning, and I can assure you that the moments were never dull. Enthusiasm is contagious, and Coach Riley a carrier. Had he not become coach of the Heat, he could have made millions by opening a chain of tanning salons in the Sunshine State. He's that good.

Pat had a vision for the team, a vision that he laid out with evangelical fervor. We left the room converted.

In the elevator, Mike told me that if the Pat could pull off a James-Wade-Bosh trifecta, he'd be South Florida-bound. Well, The Heat is on, so, Mike Miller, Welcome to Miami.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/07/mike-miller-deal-to-heat-done.html

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
At the same time this also means the Beasley trade to Minnesota has become official.

cle12152433
Good pickup, but people need to realize that his numbers will probably drop drastically.

LTS
I don't think this has been confirmed yet

northsider
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM

Actually it has.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5374210

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Did you click the link and read?

Arn Tellem is Miller's agent.

Jonathan2323
07-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Good pickup, but people need to realize that his numbers will probably drop drastically.

Why? He is going to have open looks all game long and is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

DABOYZ82
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Blah Blah!!!
Good for them... Let it be.... There is nothing wrong with all the miami signings! I am a Spurs fan.... lets be realistic guys.... its 50/50 any thing can happen Miami may or may not win championships, its just going to be very interesting!

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Why? He is going to have open looks all game long and is one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

Why would he get the same amount of looks when James or Wade could just as easily take the shot or drive to the hoop? This is a different environment than in Washington.

James or Wade can take whatver shots they want, and then even dump to Bosh or Haslem.

He will not be able to take the same amount of shots. period.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Our team is going to be incredible when pat is all done. Apparently the big 3 have come up with a list of guys they would love to get here and play for the minimum and they are trying to talk these guys into coming here. This is unprecedented.

L@ker4Life
07-12-2010, 06:50 PM
^^ thats the truth. He is going to have to get used to contributing in ways other than scoring.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Its going to be interesting to see how this whole thing works out. I dont think there are enough balls to go around.

Off topic but...werent bosh lebron and wade all on the team that finished 3rd in the FIBA's?

Teamwork is just as important as tallent...we'll see how this goes.

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
So right now the Heat have a roster of Wade, James, Bosh, Miller, Haslem, and Chalmers, I'm assuming. That to me, if they add a couple more role players, is easily the favorite to win it all (on paper). I wonder how many other good players they can convince to come over who are willing to take a pay cut. It's almost unfair.

northsider
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Supreme I thought you were a Magic fan???

Knowledge
07-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Why would he get the same amount of looks when James or Wade could just as easily take the shot or drive to the hoop? This is a different environment than in Washington.

James or Wade can take whatver shots they want, and then even dump to Bosh or Haslem.

He only averages about 11 shots per game for his career and last year he averaged 8 shots per game. There will be room for Mike to get 8-11 shots per game this year.

As long as his career shooting percentage doesnt drop and their isnt a reason that should happen since he will be more open than ever, he should be good to go.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
^^ thats the truth. He is going to have to get used to contributing in ways other than scoring.

I'm sure he'll be fine. Its going to be interesting to see how this whole thing works out. I dont think there are enough balls to go around.

Off topic but...werent bosh lebron and wade all on the team that finished 3rd in the FIBA's?

Teamwork is just as important as tallent...we'll see how this goes.

ya, that was also there 2nd year in the league and you seem to forget the last 2 years in which they won a tournament and also won the olympic gold where they all played very big roles on that team. but im sure you just forgot about that one or it doesnt count, right?

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 06:56 PM
I bet if I said 2 months ago Miami would sign James, Wade, Bosh, Miller, and Haslem, everybody here would have called me insane. This really is an amazing turn of events.

northsider
07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I bet if I said 2 months ago Miami would sign James, Wade, Bosh, Miller, and Haslem, everybody here would have called me insane. This really is an amazing turn of events.

I will still call you insane cause I still can't believe they pulled it off.

eibbor
07-12-2010, 06:57 PM

FAIL

Both Wade and James are unselfish, they will kick it out. He will get his shots. He will just need to make them.

I keep hearing how they need a center that can bang and all that but I really disagree. They need a center who can hit a jumper and open up the lane. Like z. Otherwise they just need a center that can play d and doesn't need to score. Having role players matters.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 07:03 PM

Whats up with this? Is every player on the Heat going to have their numbers drop... Bosh, Lebron, Wade and now Mike Miller...

whitesoxfan83
07-12-2010, 07:07 PM
How in the world is the financials of this going to make sense?

Can someone explain to me how Mike Miller is getting any money at all?

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 07:13 PM

Lebron/Wade/Bosh took paycuts leaving about 8 million in cap room i believe mike and haslem split that up between them (at least for this first year the following years it will increase). Now we only have Joel anthonys qualifying offer (which with his Bird rights is almsot assured to be resigned). The rest of the roster will be filled with vet min/2nd rounders.

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

When Wade, Lebron, and Bosh signed their contracts it left about 8.3 mil, which was used too sign both Haslem and Miller.

shep33
07-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Now everybody on the Heat has to take the minimum. Chalmers, wade, bosh, james, haslem, miller.. 6-7 more players at the minimum.

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
another great move by pat!!!!!!!!welcome to miami mike miller

ATX
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Now everybody on the Heat has to take the minimum. Chalmers, wade, bosh, james, haslem, miller.. 6-7 more players at the minimum.

True, but you forgot Joel Anthony. Then yes, vet min guys and our draft picks.

daleja424
07-12-2010, 07:38 PM

+ Joel anthony...

That gives us 7 people... a rotation is only 8-9 guys anyways...

shep33
07-12-2010, 07:39 PM
True, but you forgot Joel Anthony. Then yes, vet min guys and our draft picks.

Yeah my bad, completely forgot about him. I think the Heat will be fine, they'll get a couple quality guys that want to win a ring. Still though, I think their frontline is way too small if Anthony and Haslem and starting.

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 07:41 PM

Miami renounced the bird rights of Joel Anthony, and also have 3 rookies. So your looking at 3-4 players taking the minimum. Free agents like Raja Bell, Jerry Stackhouse, and Big Z have said they would play for the minimum. They all have strong interest in the Miami Heat.

ATX
07-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah my bad, completely forgot about him. I think the Heat will be fine, they'll get a couple quality guys that want to win a ring. Still though, I think their frontline is way too small if Anthony and Haslem and starting.

True, it is a problem. I have a feeling Big Z will be suiting up at the vet min. He's not the same player, but he's a big body who can help. If nothing else he can help eat up fouls for Bosh.

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 07:44 PM

:facepalm: Everyone of our players will become a lot more efficient. Miller isn;t going to need to take 12 shots a night anymore. It might only take him 6 or 7 shots to get 14 points. Same for all our players. Miami will be the most efficient team next season.

ATX
07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Getting Mike Miller is HUGE for Miami. We needed a shooter and got one of the best on the market. Team is rounding out nicely.

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 07:47 PM
FAIL

Both Wade and James are unselfish, they will kick it out. He will get his shots. He will just need to make them.

I keep hearing how they need a center that can bang and all that but I really disagree. They need a center who can hit a jumper and open up the lane. Like z. Otherwise they just need a center that can play d and doesn't need to score. Having role players matters.

So I guess they will just keep passing back and forth to eachother....

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 07:48 PM

key word: were ;)

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Jason Williams is next then we'll have the real trio Haslem-Miller-Williams...The Gator trio :p

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I just think its funny how people are overlooking the fact that LeBron played like staright garbage against Boston....

h2r09
07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I just think its funny how people are overlooking the fact that LeBron played like staright garbage against Boston....

ya, lets look at 5 games against the best defensive team in the league rather than the entire career of a 2 time mvp by age 25

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
ya, lets look at 5 games against the best defensive team in the league rather than the entire career of a 2 time mvp by age 25

Yup. And we will see whats up when hes gotta play the best defensive team again come playoff time.

RulerSlick
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM

yeah,

27 ppg on 19 shots per game @ 45 Fg% with 9 rbs 7 ast 2 stls 1.3 is "straight trash":facepalm:

let's compare that to Kobe vs the same defense

29 ppg on 23 shots per game on 40 Fg% with 8 rbs 4 ast 2 stls

that's basically a wash/lebron beeing better by a tiny bit.

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 07:57 PM

Where did this come from?

LayZbone
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
key word: were ;)

Supreme has always been a Heat fan...

Nikeman
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM
LeBron was the Celtics sole focus on D.

I think its funny how Celtics fans leave out how Wade scored over 33 points a game that series.

Celtics cannot focus on LBJ alone anymore, and if they choose to, Wade/Bosh will kill them

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 07:59 PM
yeah,

27 ppg on 19 shots per game @ 45 Fg% with 9 rbs 7 ast 2 stls 1.3 is "straight trash":facepalm:

You obviousley missed 4 out of the six games where he didnt even make half his shots....

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
yeah,

let's compare that to Kobe vs the same defense

29 ppg on 23 shots per game on 40 Fg% with 8 rbs 4 ast 2 stls

that's basically a wash/lebron beeing better by a tiny bit.

Who won the title?

ATX
07-12-2010, 08:01 PM

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with your statement.

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Where did this come from?

talkin about numbers and how miller affected them yada yada and im just tired of people saying (not necessarily YOU) the HEat are the most efficient and they will win it all and all this bunch of crap.

They havent wont anything.

And to look at past statistics and say "Oh they are the most efficient" is garbage, considering they have never played with eachother for a whole season.

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 08:02 PM
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with your statement.

Actually it does....see my above post.

unleashthebeast
07-12-2010, 08:03 PM
we never renounced joels rights

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 08:04 PM

This...

Plus, what was Boston's answer for defending Mo Williams, Anderson Varejo, and LeBron...

Well, let's triple LeBron and have the other 4 sit around watching...

What will Boston's answer be for defending Miller, Wade, LeBron, and Bosh...

Hmmmmmmm, they won't be tripling LeBron anymore... That's what my gut tells me...

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 08:04 PM
i will still call you insane cause i still can't believe they pulled it off.

:d

RulerSlick
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Who won the title?

lakers won the title in spite of Kobe's bad shooting which has a big deal to do with Gasol and ARtest along with Kobe actually being able to play defense on their own men, unlike Mo Williams and Jamison while Lebron was totally shutting down Paul Pierce. If you can't stop anyone, you can't win:o

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 08:06 PM

Delonte was laying the pipe in his mom. wouldnt you play like ****. Suprised he didnt knock West out on the court.

RocketPower2010
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
talkin about numbers and how miller affected them yada yada and im just tired of people saying (not necessarily YOU) the HEat are the most efficient and they will win it all and all this bunch of crap.

They havent wont anything.

And to look at past statistics and say "Oh they are the most efficient" is garbage, considering they have never played with eachother for a whole season.

You are absolutely correct. The Heat will go nowhere. The Cavs will win the championship. You can take that to the bank.

ATX
talkin about numbers and how miller affected them yada yada and im just tired of people saying (not necessarily you) the heat are the most efficient and they will win it all and all this bunch of crap.

they havent wont anything.

and to look at past statistics and say "oh they are the most efficient" is garbage, considering they have never played with eachother for a whole season.

yet :d

cle12152433
Delonte was laying the pipe in his mom. wouldnt you play like ****. Suprised he didnt knock West out on the court.

:laugh:

cle12152433
yet :d

:facepalm:

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
we never renounced joels rights

Yes we did.

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I think that people who are mad don't understand something...

Attempting to get a player of Bosh's, (especially LeBron), or Wade's caliber is nearly impossible...

Look at teams like the 76ers, Knicks, Bobcats, Clippers...

These teams would kill for one player of this magnitude and the Heat got three in a spand of a week...

It's kind of amazing and as a 76er fan, I can only sit back and wish...

ATX
07-12-2010, 08:10 PM
I get a facepalm for thinking the Heat will win some games next year with this squad? Haha, that's something else...

unleashthebeast
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes we did.

ummm no his rights are still counting against our cap so we can resign him for any amount. link?

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I think that people who are mad don't understand something...

Attempting to get a player of Bosh's, (especially LeBron), or Wade's caliber is nearly impossible...

Look at teams like the 76ers, Knicks, Bobcats, Clippers...

These teams would kill for one player of this magnitude and the Heat got three in a spand of a week...

It's kind of amazing and as a 76er fan, I can only sit back and wish...

What's a spand?

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I get a facepalm for thinking the Heat will win some games next year with this squad? Haha, that's something else...

Dont be ignorant. You know damn well you hinted they will win it all.

ATX
07-12-2010, 08:15 PM

As a long time Heat fan around here, I sure hope so!

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 08:19 PM

It's not like he's going out on a limb.

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 08:20 PM
It's not like he's going out on a limb.

No, but statements like that are the reason people will be rooting against the Heat. Not that he cares, but ignorance gets quite annoying.

fishfan79
07-12-2010, 08:20 PM

exact opposite. He had a 40% 3Pter % before now with the trio he will be playing with? He will be looking at more wide open 3s then he could imagine. If Wade or Lebron slides down to PG then he will have his choice of when and where to spot up for a 3pter

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 08:22 PM

No, I have been a Miami HEAT and Miami Dolphins fan for 20+ years. Those are and have always been my two undisputed teams.

I have even been HEAT TM for a while.

I used to have a Dwight Howard sig for quite some time, yes, who happens to be one of my favorite players also, and I used to be the GM of the Orlando Magic during two of PSD's offseason games where everyone gets a team and we do a mock offseason. Everyone took the sig of team they were the GM of for the duration of it.

It is not like I am not allowed to like some other player beside my favorite team. I like Deron Williams too, but if I ever decide to have a Deron sig that doesn't immediately make me a Jazz fan.

ATX
07-12-2010, 08:25 PM
No, but statements like that are the reason people will be rooting against the Heat. Not that he cares, but ignorance gets quite annoying.

Dude, relax. All I said was "Yet" and with a smiley to show I was only joking around, to your statement that "They haven't won anything." You we're implying they wouldn't win it all, and as a Heat fan I was just saying they will. What premise do you have for calling me ignorant?

KnicksorBust
07-12-2010, 08:45 PM
One or two legit bigmen and the league and the dynasty doesn't even have to wait a year.

KnicksorBust
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
exact opposite. He had a 40% 3Pter % before now with the trio he will be playing with? He will be looking at more wide open 3s then he could imagine. If Wade or Lebron slides down to PG then he will have his choice of when and where to spot up for a 3pter

He has a legit chance to hover around 50% again. He's that filthy and his shots will be THAT open.

mlisica19
07-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Who cares who they get for their bare minumum. It won't be anyone that great. Especially if mike miller is joining.

If wade/james is covering kobe
And bosh is covering gasol
And james/wade cover odom

Who is covering Fisher? No one that good. Who is defending bynum haha. Lakers bench will always be better than miamis. Simply cuz they can afford a solid bench. Lakers defense can cover, with many varieties, miami' team. Kobe a great defender can guard wade or james. Artest can guard any of the big three with passion. Gasol can match it with Bosh. Then there's still Odom coming off the bench, Bynum guarding Haslem or anyone else they can get and Fisher doing work. Best part is that it all managed and coached by Phil Jackson and the amazing triangle system

Plus ims till fishy on how wades team will work. I mean all 3 of them want to be big names. Or bosh wouldn't have left toronto, or james wouldn't have left cavs or wade wouldn't have been begging for help. They all want the ball, they all want a bihger name. Some more than others. I mean james is going into florifa, and he's not at all thinking about the fact he's enetering wade county. Wade already knows its him. plus rumors have that pat is staying office as their current coach will be under limits. That can't work. Mike Miller being a 6th man, well with james dwade he's going to see a lot of less time and very well a lot of less shots. And the 2oo6 fiba team proves that the most talented/athletic team can't win it allú and as for the winning of the olympics also understand yes they were older asnd more experienced but also remember the adding of Kobe. A team with kobe is far differ than a team without.

KnicksorBust
07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Who cares who they get for their bare minumum. It won't be anyone that great. Especially if mike miller is joining.

Who is covering Fisher? No one that good. Who is defending bynum haha. Lakers bench will always be better than miamis. Simply cuz they can afford a solid bench. Lakers defense can cover, with many varieties, miami' team. Kobe a great defender can guard wade or james. Artest can guard any of the big three with passion. Gasol can match it with Bosh. Then there's still Odom coming off the bench, Bynum guarding Haslem or anyone else they can get and Fisher doing work. Best part is that it all managed and coached by Phil Jackson and the amazing triangle system

Plus ims till fishy on how wades team will work. I mean all 3 of them want to be big names. Or bosh wouldn't have left toronto, or james wouldn't have left cavs or wade wouldn't have been begging for help. They all want the ball, they all want a bihger name. Some more than others. I mean james is going into florifa, and he's not at all thinking about the fact he's enetering wade county. Wade already knows its him. plus rumors have that pat is staying office as their current coach will be under limits. That can't work. Mike Miller being a 6th man, well with james dwade he's going to see a lot of less time and very well a lot of less shots. And the 2oo6 fiba team proves that the most talented/athletic team can't win it allú and as for the winning of the olympics also understand yes they were older asnd more experienced but also remember the adding of Kobe. A team with kobe is far differ than a team without.

I'm not saying I don't think the Lakers would win... but if you argument starts with "WHO WOULD GUARD DEREK FISHER?!?!?" You lose some points.

robdizzle3
07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
The Heat are doing pretty good, but they have to address the Center position and length. Playing Orlando and LA will be all about the boards and inside presence. Right now, the Heat seem to be taking alot of jumpshots and thats not how you win a Ship.

rabzouz 96
07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm not saying I don't think the Lakers would win... but if you argument starts with "WHO WOULD GUARD DEREK FISHER?!?!?" You lose some points.

lol this

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM

My guess is it would look something like this:

Wade - Fisher
James - Artest/Bryant
Haslem - Odom
Bosh - Gasol
Whoever they get (Big Z?) - Bynum

or

Chalmers - Fisher
Wade - Bryant
James - Artest
Haslem - Odom
Bosh - Gasol

Hype
07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Think about this, Miami chose Mike Miller over Michael Beasley. Can I get one of those bags? Talk about trippin, Mike Miller is HORRID!!!!! ICK!

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 09:18 PM

how about the water boy since Bynum never seems to stay healthy and is on the bench in the playoffs.

ATX
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Think about this, Miami chose Mike Miller over Michael Beasley. Can I get one of those bags? Talk about trippin, Mike Miller is HORRID!!!!! ICK!

Mike Miller fit a huge need for this team. We needed a veteran sharp shooter. We have plenty of talent to do the scoring, and Beasley was never a good fit for this team. Don't get me wrong, I hope Beasley does well for the Wolves.

ATX
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Mike Miller is a very good utility player. IDK what your talking about. He's a good rebounder and passer. Aside from the fact that he's a deadly 3 point shooter.

Heater4life
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
The Heat are doing pretty good, but they have to address the Center position and length. Playing Orlando and LA will be all about the boards and inside presence. Right now, the Heat seem to be taking alot of jumpshots and thats not how you win a Ship.

One stat i think is essential to look at is that the big three were all in the top ten in free throw attempts last year. these guys are going to get to the line and imo it might be at a greater rate for wade and bron in particular due to the double teams either will command.

Cano4prez
07-12-2010, 10:00 PM

:facepalm: I guess being the 2nd best SF after LeBron this FA class means your horrid. He's a deadly sharpshooter, plays good D, and brings toughness. Michael Beasely has none of that.

robdizzle3
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
One stat i think is essential to look at is that the big three were all in the top ten in free throw attempts last year. these guys are going to get to the line and imo it might be at a greater rate for wade and bron in particular due to the double teams either will command.

Agreed, but its also gonna hurt on the defensive end, becaus ethe bigger teams will try and pound you guys, plus playoff time, teams will live with the jumpshots, from Bron and Bosh. Bosh better get big, because teams will let him shoot.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Agreed, but its also gonna hurt on the defensive end, becaus ethe bigger teams will try and pound you guys, plus playoff time, teams will live with the jumpshots, from Bron and Bosh. Bosh better get big, because teams will let him shoot.

id like to see any team make lebron and d wade take jump shots. people just look at the names on the roster but these 2 playing together wont fully sink in till october and it is going to be impossible to stop both of these guys in the same game, plus having bosh to deal with down low and one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league in mike miller.

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
id like to see any team make lebron and d wade take jump shots. people just look at the names on the roster but these 2 playing together wont fully sink in till october and it is going to be impossible to stop both of these guys in the same game, plus having bosh to deal with down low and one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league in mike miller.

Matchup nightmare.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Matchup nightmare.

exactly. we are all looking at it on paper but when it actually goes on the court it will be ridiculous.

LA_Raiders
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
where do they get all the $$$? Interesting...

alipali
07-12-2010, 10:20 PM
nice topic dude

h2r09
07-12-2010, 10:21 PM

all these years of preahing loyalty and our type of player we want for this organization has worked out and these guys are sacrificing money for winning so we can get quality players to round out the roster

Jahari Kavi
07-12-2010, 10:22 PM
people need to face the facts.....all the heat need is a big man...this team will be scary...like legler said, to say that these guys won't "know how to play together" is an insult to their basketball IQ

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 10:23 PM
:facepalm: I guess being the 2nd best SF after LeBron this FA class means your horrid. He's a deadly sharpshooter, plays good D, and brings toughness. Michael Beasely has none of that.

Paul Pierce and Rudy Gay have beef with you.

robdizzle3
07-12-2010, 10:23 PM

I didnt say anything about Wdae shooting jumpshots, because he can be like Kobe when it comes to that, but you'd rather Lebron beat you from the outside which he hasnt proven he can do on a consistent basis. Bosh isnt a banger, he likes to shoot that 15 foot jumper alot. Im not saying he doesnt go down there, but he isnt that good at it.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Supreme has always been a Heat fan...

No he hasn't. He was a Magic fan. He denies it but of course he would, I remember. I was even in his fantasy basketball league a couple years ago when he was in love with Dwight. He was a Magic fan.

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Good pickup for the Heat.. Mike Miller is a lights out shooter who can score off the dribble and can play gritty defense... Miami is about to be scary!!!

ntat
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM

He averaged 10 ppg last year.... how low do u tthink he can drop lol?

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
No he hasn't. He was a Magic fan. He denies it but of course he would, I remember. I was even in his fantasy basketball league a couple years ago when he was in love with Dwight. He was a Magic fan.

So now he's a Heat fan. Who cares?

Wisdom Listens
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Apparently the Heat are close to signing Juwan Howard.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 10:54 PM

supreme has been in the heat forum for years. i remember him being one of the earlier posters whhen i was just reading the boards.

fins08
07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
I love when we do something good in here. Its funny to see everyone hate

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Chalmers
wade
lbj
bosh
anthony
haslem
miller

Looks like the start of a dynasty to me.

TboneM3
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Now you Heat fans are getting a taste of the hate Lakers get.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-12-2010, 11:46 PM
And it never tasted so good! Keep the hate coming!:cool:

JiffyMix88
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I really do not remember seeing this many Heat fans before this FA

cle12152433
07-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Thats because they didnt exist. And when their contracts are up, they will all go back into their shells.

jackdawson
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM

NO, it's Pat Riley and his brain. He can convince anyone for almost anything. He is on his way to be the greatest GM/Prez ever if not already there.

kjoke
07-13-2010, 12:15 AM

thats because there hasnt be this much hate on the heat, im sure if the nba forum would stop hatting on us then im sure we wont come in here and show u that ur wrong

true heat fans will come in here and show u guys how much ur hatig on this team

JiffyMix88
07-13-2010, 12:19 AM
thats because there hasnt be this much hate on the heat, im sure if the nba forum would stop hatting on us then im sure we wont come in here and show u that ur wrong

idk but seems like the only one i really remember is u and mastermind posting but w/e

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 12:27 AM

Just look at the joining dates if you suspect what i think you suspect and you think were bandwagoners...

Daleja, Kingkoopa, Noturnormalhero, kjoke, Marlinsfan, MiamiHEAT, Supreme are some of the oldest HEAT fans on this board i can remmember off the top of my head in the 2-3 years ive been looking at/ being a member of PSD.

td0tsfinest
07-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Good pick up. Wonder if we'll see Miller on the court at the same time as Lebron and Wade. He would definitely get a lot of looks from beyond the arc though.

MisterRoddy
07-13-2010, 12:43 AM

thank you

*-THE REAL GM-*
07-13-2010, 12:51 AM
You guys are funny. wade/bron/bosh..so what!!!
Problem with this team is the same as the problem with most other teams..
LACK OF SIZE!!!

So what MIA got the three. In the playoffs its not going to matter when the game slows down and teams start pounding the ball inside.. Heat will be exposed!! Bosh has proven that he can not handle the load in the paint in the playoffs..

Dont celebrate, because this team cant even compete with the lakers, rockets with yao, magic, or any other team that has a big that can outplay boshs' light weight self!! I think the hawks will give them hell too. Heat got a good three just the wrong combination of spots to seriously compete for a title. This aint the 90s..

In this time in the league, even Pat Riley cant coach past this simple truth:
He who dominates the paint, domiates the playoffs!!!

Cinnamon David
07-13-2010, 01:04 AM
:clap: +2

they need a legit Bigman, not some lapdog named Bosh

King Koopa
07-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Just look at the joining dates if you suspect what i think you suspect and you think were bandwagoners...

Daleja, Kingkoopa, Noturnormalhero, kjoke, Marlinsfan, MiamiHEAT, Supreme are some of the oldest HEAT fans on this board i can remmember off the top of my head in the 2-3 years ive been looking at/ being a member of PSD.

That's right.

You guys are funny. wade/bron/bosh..so what!!!
Problem with this team is the same as the problem with most other teams..
LACK OF SIZE!!!

So what MIA got the three. In the playoffs its not going to matter when the game slows down and teams start pounding the ball inside.. Heat will be exposed!! Bosh has proven that he can not handle the load in the paint in the playoffs..

Dont celebrate, because this team cant even compete with the lakers, rockets with yao, magic, or any other team that has a big that can outplay boshs' light weight self!! I think the hawks will give them hell too. Heat got a good three just the wrong combination of spots to seriously compete for a title. This aint the 90s..

In this time in the league, even Pat Riley cant coach past this simple truth:
He who dominates the paint, domiates the playoffs!!!

Haters will hate. :rolleyes: Wait til the season starts before you start talking about anything else. The Thread is about Mike Miller, not about Bosh.

ElMarroAfamado
07-13-2010, 02:26 AM
wow they got mike miller i think now the Heat are really going t win 7 in a row
(being sarcastic

dodie53
07-13-2010, 02:36 AM
heat can play small ball.

they have some very fast and athletic players

Baseballcb95
07-13-2010, 02:39 AM
Wade, James, Bosh, Mike Miller, Udonis, Chalmers, Joel Anthony and several other minimum players....

yeah, im sure every fan besides maybe the lakers would trade their team for that. not gloating, just showing all the hate on the heat is out of pure jealousy...

but u guys r right, thank god u arent in our position! afterall we do lack bigs... i dont think we will win a game next year.. :rolleyes:

shizzle09
07-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Now you Heat fans are getting a taste of the hate Lakers get.

yes we are. sorry for all those years of hating you. :D

Until we meet in the finals then its hate all over again.

robdizzle3
07-13-2010, 04:19 AM
That's right.

Haters will hate. :rolleyes: Wait til the season starts before you start talking about anything else. The Thread is about Mike Miller, not about Bosh.

Some of your fans should take this advice, because some are so cocky, not all but some. You can tell who the seasoned guys are on here, but the bandwagon ones are so annoying.

greek miami hea
07-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Good pick up. Wonder if we'll see Miller on the court at the same time as Lebron and Wade. He would definitely get a lot of looks from beyond the arc though.

well thats the idea :)

The Raven
07-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Good signing. He's a deadly shooter at 6'8 that will really help them off the bench

Mochalman
07-13-2010, 06:39 AM
good sign

*-THE REAL GM-*
07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
That's right.

I will talk about what ever I chose when ever I chose. Just like youll read what ever you chose when every you chose. Maybe you should wait til the season starts before you start replying about anything else. so keep your :rolleyes: to urself.

This is about Mike who plays for the heat so indirectly it is about the heat. If you chose to zero in on the comment on bosh that is your choice but dont twist it and make it seem like my post was all about bosh.. k?

Haters will hate but and truth speakers will speak truth: you've been here long enough to know the difference.

Dont be mad because of fact and start accusing people of hating. You couldnt dispute the statement so you came with a weak come back.

Even with Big Z, they still are weak in the paint..Fact or fiction?
Small ball dont win championships.. Fact or fiction?

arkanian215
07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Great signing by the Heat. I thought he was a good fit for the Lakers too but he'll get better minutes here.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I will talk about what ever I chose when ever I chose. Just like youll read what ever you chose when every you chose. Maybe you should wait til the season starts before you start replying about anything else. so keep your :rolleyes: to urself.

This is about Mike who plays for the heat so indirectly it is about the heat. If you chose to zero in on the comment on bosh that is your choice but dont twist it and make it seem like my post was all about bosh.. k?

Haters will hate but and truth speakers will speak truth: you've been here long enough to know the difference.

Dont be mad because of fact and start accusing people of hating. You couldnt dispute the statement so you came with a weak come back.

Even with Big Z, they still are weak in the paint..Fact or fiction?
Small ball dont win championships.. Fact or fiction?

OKay so u can post what u want but he cant post a smilie ok i get it thats fair lol hypocrite.

HEAT fans have been disputing every negative statement from day 1 that you guys have been saying.

Let me explain:

People said no way the HEAT can land Lebron (Wrong)

People said no way any of the three big FA take a paycut to play together (wrong)

People said no way Riley finds decent role players to put around them (WRONG)

People said no way this helps the NBA (wrong as it already has been reported more season tickets have been sold than any period in NBA HISTORY!! that seems like its helping the NBA to me)

I mean you guys are running out of things to be wrong about. Though personally i hope the streak continues.

BUt as for your argument of if were weak in the paint and if small ball wins championships:

We have two of the best weakside shot blockers in the game in wade and Lebron idc if we have big z or joel anthony (who by the way is also a great blocker/defender just a bit undersized) at center they will come from each side and smack the ball right down anyones throat. Individual defense doesnt win championships team defense does. but l would agree its not our strongest position but so what we have other teams clearly outmatched in 2-3 other ones by far.

Like i said this will just be another thing for people to be wrong about with the HEAT.

Klivlend
07-13-2010, 06:52 PM

He only averaged 8 shots per game last season. I don't thinks it's that ridiculous to think he can't shoot that much next year.

carter15
07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
This isn't final yet apparently...

x_notorious
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Word out of Las Vegas is that Mike Miller's deal with the Heat is not secure, and that teams are advising him to consider not joining the team. Miller says the deal is not done and it now sounds like there's a chance he won't join the Heat. We still think they're the favorites for his services, but it's not yet a done deal, and Miller could end up elsewhere. Stay tuned.

rotoworld

Bubba17
07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Word out of Las Vegas is that Mike Miller's deal with the Heat is not secure, and that teams are advising him to consider not joining the team.

Miller says the deal is not done and it now sounds like there's a chance he won't join the Heat. We still think they're the favorites for his services, but it's not yet a done deal, and Miller could end up elsewhere. Stay tuned.

rotoworld

fresh prince
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
OKay so u can post what u want but he cant post a smilie ok i get it thats fair lol hypocrite.

People said no way this helps the NBA (wrong as it already has been reported more season tickets have been sold than any period in NBA HISTORY!! that seems like its helping the NBA to me)

We have two of the best weakside shot blockers in the game in wade and Lebron idc if we have big z or joel anthony (who by the way is also a great blocker/defender just a bit undersized) at center they will come from each side and smack the ball right down anyones throat. Individual defense doesnt win championships team defense does. but l would agree its not our strongest position but so what we have other teams clearly outmatched in 2-3 other ones by far.

Like i said this will just be another thing for people to be wrong about with the HEAT.

Miami sold the most season tickets ever..Not league wide

Also weak side shot blocking is not a sign of a good defensive team or player. If you want to hang your hat on great Weakside shotblocking (or even just reg shotblocking) for that matter you have a lot to learn about the game.

Its a nice to have but not a core element of playing good D. Its a last resort really and usually indicative of someone else getting beat.

LTS
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Actually it has.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5374210

So actually it hasnt has it

footballer2369
07-13-2010, 07:29 PM

yes league wide actually...sorry.

dtmagnet
07-13-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm not really a Mike Miller fan, so I guess its fitting he goes to my new least favorite team.

fresh prince
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
yes league wide actually...sorry.

Link please

AddiX
07-13-2010, 08:15 PM
If they get Miller it's a pretty damn good pickup.

I am curious to see what they look like defensively. Bron sucks on D, Wade's D has fallen off dramatically, and Bosh is a complete shame.

I like Haslem, it was very important for them to keep him around imo.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-13-2010, 08:19 PM
C'mon Mike make the Heat spend more money if they want you. I'm sure the Clips, Nets or Cuban will pay you a lot better. Make these bandwagon Heat fans look like fools.

Wade_County
07-13-2010, 08:25 PM

I am curious to see what they look like defensively. Bron sucks on D, Wade's D has fallen off dramatically, and Bosh is a complete shame.

:facepalm::facepalm:

tredigs
07-13-2010, 08:31 PM

Post failure of the year? I've seen stupid, I've never seen quite this stupid (from a person who doesn't seem to be blatantly trying to bait). <- by the way I am not being malicious or trying to bait by calling the post stupid, there's just simply no other way to put it. I tried.

Can you name five 2 guards better than Wade defensively, and five more better than Bron at the 3?

Heater4life
07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Post failure of the year? I've seen stupid, I've never seen quite this stupid (from a person who doesn't seem to be blatantly trying to bait). <- by the way I am not being malicious or trying to bait by calling the post stupid, there's just simply no other way to put it. I tried.

Can you name five 2 guards better than Wade defensively, and five more better than Bron at the 3?

Glad someone see's some of the ridiculous answers Heat fans get.

Miller's deal is done, there just ironing out the kinks. Wade, Bron welcomed him, his agent Art Tellum said he was signing in Miami and Miller's website is in Heat colors.

I call B.S

J4KOP99
07-13-2010, 08:49 PM
He will get there eventually. Miller wants to be on the Heat, and the Heat want Miller.

tredigs
07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Glad someone see's some of the ridiculous answers Heat fans get.

Miller's deal is done, there just ironing out the kinks. Wade, Bron welcomed him, his agent Art Tellum said he was signing in Miami and Miller's website is in Heat colors.

I call B.S

He also has a column on the left side of his website especially dedicated to "Heat News". Like you said, he's on the Heat - they're just finalizing details.

Hoopsadvocate
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM

Also weak side shot blocking is not a sign of a good defensive team or player. If you want to hang your hat on great Weakside shotblocking (or even just reg shotblocking) for that matter you have a lot to learn about the game.

Its a nice to have but not a core element of playing good D. Its a last resort really and usually indicative of someone else getting beat.

Chad ford insider...

Stern: NBA has more season tickets sold than in any time in our history ...
9:03 PM Jul 12th via web

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider second page

first of all i never said thats what make them a good defensive team just that they would be able to bail out our center if he makes a mistake or gets beat i never said its the reason we will be amazing on d or anything just saying we will protect the rim and not be weak when it comes to letting people score in the paint and while weakside blocking is not a measure of great individual defense it is very helpful in team defense which is what helps win.

Thank you for letting me dismiss another ignorant HEAT hate filled statement.

ATX
07-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Chad ford insider...

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider second page

first of all i never said thats what make them a good defensive team just that they would be able to bail out our center if he makes a mistake or gets beat i never said its the reason we will be amazing on d or anything just saying we will protect the rim and not be weak when it comes to letting people score in the paint and while weakside blocking is not a measure of great individual defense it is very helpful in team defense which is what helps win.

Thank you for letting me dismiss another ignorant HEAT hate filled statement.

Owned

J$mo0th_3o5
07-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Pwned

justinnum1
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Pwned:punish

carlessyen
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Maybe you guys can get bunch more ring chasing bums to sign to, that couldn't get it done alone. LOL love justinum1's sig I didn't think u could fit so many Hollywood doucebags in one pic.

Master Mind
07-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe you guys can get bunch more ring chasing bums to sign to, that couldn't get it done alone. LOL love justinum1's sig I didn't think u could fit so many Hollywood doucebags in one pic.

:violin:

TheWrightStuff5
07-13-2010, 10:39 PM

Where have you been Bron's been back to back All D 1st team and Wade was 2nd team this past season...:facepalm:

carlessyen
07-13-2010, 11:00 PM
ya they are good defenders, James shut down Pierce. I can't believe Heat fans are so happy though? Hope for you guys Lebrons hollywood style doesn't rub off. And wanting things the easy way. It appears I like Wade was sad to see him acting like Lebron at the welcoming. I know Wade goes hard and leaves it all on the floor and would have never went to LA to ride Kobe. Hope it doesn't ruin what he is I see the signs already.

TheWrightStuff5
07-13-2010, 11:06 PM
ya they are good defenders, James shut down Pierce. I can't believe Heat fans are so happy though? Hope for you guys Lebrons hollywood style doesn't rub off. And wanting things the easy way. It appears I like Wade was sad to see him acting like Lebron at the welcoming. I know Wade goes hard and leaves it all on the floor and would have never went to LA to ride Kobe. Hope it doesn't ruin what he is I see the signs already.

If you were in his shoes like anybody else, you'd be hyped and caught up in the moment of having 2 of the better/best players in the league playing alongside you. I think Wade is levelheaded enough to just keep being himself. I am sure he isn't starstruck by LeBron but very excited to play with him. If anything LeBron is the lucky one playing with a guy with the ring already. Still in the end, it's better than having Beasley and Q-Rich to look forward to at every jump ball.

Marques24kobe
07-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Where have you been Bron's been back to back All D 1st team and Wade was 2nd team this past season...:facepalm:

I like your sig pic. As if Kobe has to come get anything. Oh thats right hes a five time NBA Champion, including the reigning champion. So maybe you should change your sig pic to: Here we come Kobe, to get one?:clap:

AddiX
07-13-2010, 11:13 PM

If you for one second believe he actually deserved to be 1st team your delusional. Same as Wade. Dudes got that on name recognition alone. Wades defense this past season was the worst I've ever seen it and Brons Defense is as good as his outside shooting. Average at best.

carlessyen
07-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Nah I played the game, and watched the Legends play. To me and a whole lot of other people who played the game and loved it, will see this as a huge mistake. Not for Wade he already won alone, he earned his title. Lebron threw away his Legacy, they is no arguement he will win there, and people will celebrate but the real lovers of the game and people who played it and done it right will never hold him up there where he coulda been. He coulda been up there with Jordan, Magic , Bird, now they will say he couldn't beat them so he joined them. Bird woulda never joined Magic, Jordan wouldn't have went to Detroit after losing to them back to back. There issomething to be said for loyalty and doing the work and Rivalry. Now they will say they couldn't beat Kobe so they made a allstar team and they will be right. DOnt wanna hear about jordan having pippen, and Magic and Worthy, and Kobe and Gasol, And Bord and Parrish or Mchale, so different those guys weren't Number one guys , they weren't considered best in the game they were number 2's

Jonathan2323
07-13-2010, 11:15 PM
wallacesports
Mike Miller camp says he still intends to sign w/Heat. Hold-up only a formality dealing w/completion of physicals and other paperwork.

:dance:

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Mike Miller camp says he still intends to sign w/Heat. Hold-up only a formality dealing w/completion of physicals and other paperwork.
8 minutes ago via API

http://twitter.com/wallacesports

TheWrightStuff5
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Great. I was already dumping on knicks fans at work telling them to imagine in crunch time Bosh, Haslem, Miller, Wade, and Lebron on the court. I want this guy inked already!

J_M_B
07-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Great. I was already dumping on knicks fans at work telling them to imagine in crunch time Bosh, Haslem, Miller, Wade, and Lebron on the court. I want this guy inked already!

He will be.. Now we have to fill out the rest of the roster with minimum players.

JNA17
07-13-2010, 11:36 PM
jesus crist i keep adding and un-adding miller on the heat in nba2k10, will he sign already!?

greek miami hea
07-13-2010, 11:51 PM
mikemiller ftw :)

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Most of em joined within the last 2 or three months because they knew DWade had cap space to get another superstar player with him. Well they hit the jackpot and got the top 3 and now most of them are like spam pop ups..

For the real Heat Fans whose been there thru thick and thin. Pre D Wade and within the past few years . I say congrats... There arent that many of u. Its the phonies that make me sick....

northsider
07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
So actually it hasnt has it

And now he will.

Lord Leoshes
07-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Most of em joined within the last 2 or three months because they knew DWade had cap space to get another superstar player with him. Well they hit the jackpot and got the top 3 and now most of them are like spam pop ups..

For the real Heat Fans whose been there thru thick and thin. Pre D Wade and within the past few years . I say congrats... There arent that many of u. Its the phonies that make me sick....

Thank you, & this is what i started off with 23 years ago. :facepalm:

Rory Sparrow
Jon Sundvold
Billy Thompson
Grant Long
Rony Seikaly

shizzle09
07-14-2010, 02:07 AM

Glen Rice was my first favorite player, then Zo and now Wade. Been through the days when LJ and Zo got into it and van gundy was clinging to Zo's leg. Alan houston's shot that bounced off the rim like a million times before ending our season. Oakley was my least favorite player ever!! haha. the good ole days with the knicks/heat rivalry.

thanks for the congrats

miamiflorida
07-14-2010, 08:10 AM
dont forget about THUNDER DAN

rudygetz
07-14-2010, 08:53 AM
What about Clarence Weatherspoon taking the last shot? Ahhh fond memories of the heart breaking years.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Mike Miller officially signs with the Heathttp://twitter.com/jadande/status/18613681888

Miller on why he chose MIA: "The chance to win..& the organization is top notch...Oh yeah and they signed some decent players this summer"http://twitter.com/jadande/status/18613734993
-JA Adande

Avenged
07-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Miller on why he chose MIA: "The chance to win..& the organization is top notch...Oh yeah and they signed some decent players this summer"
http://twitter.com/jadande/status/18613734993
-JA Adande

In other words.. he's the "B" word I will not mention.

arkanian215
07-15-2010, 01:25 PM
In other words.. he's the "B" word I will not mention.

I thought that was Bosh.