PDA

View Full Version : Team rivalries next season

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
I think some new rivalries will be born, and some old ones will be continued next season.

So far I have on my list:

- Miami HEAT vs everybody apparently.

- NY Knicks vs NJ Nets, for obvious regional reasons, now with possibly an 8th seed playoff spot at stake.

- Chicago Bulls vs Milwaukee Bucks, to decide who the new division champ will be.

- Washington Wizards vs Cleveland Cavaliers, teams who have a had a bit of animosity during recent years. Now that Cleveland has taken a huge step back and Washington is rebuilding it could maybe be a nice little backburner rivalry.

- Utah Jazz vs Portland Trailblazers, the Jazz fans seem upset Portland tries to "screw them over" in free agency every year by repeatedly signing Jazz players to offer sheets.

- San Antonio Spurs vs Dallas Mavericks vs Houston Rockets for the "ownership" of Texas.

- Los Angeles Lakers vs everybody who is hopeful in the West.

Etc.

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I think Lakers/Thunder has some potential, simply becuz LA is still very good and OKC might be the young team that really starts challenging them in the West. But I expect us to be cross conference rivals with the Bulls fairly soon.

:cool:

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Bulls vs Bucks

Bulls vs Knicks

Bulls vs Heat

Bulls vs Hawks

Lakers vs Blazers

Lakers vs Rockets

Lakers vs Nuggets

Lakers vs Heat (maybe)

Heat vs Knicks

Heat vs Celtics

Heat vs Magic (who is the best in florida)

Those are just some.

Catfish1314
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Heat vs. Magic will be a good one.

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Heat vs. Everyone

BradyIsTheMan12
07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Too bad the Sonics are now the Thunder because Portland vs. Seattle would be an even better rivalry. It's still decent since we are in the same division though.

Oakley's Fist
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Haha, not really any reason for DC fans to hate Cleveland anymore. Both Deshawn and Lebron are gone who were the big reasons for it in the first place.

The only thing could maybe be Tawn but hes to well liked around here.

ManRam
07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm excited to play the Heat at least 4 times next year. Hopefully more than that. Would love to face them in the ECF.

iam brett favre
07-12-2010, 08:16 PM
jazz vs bulls...return of boozer + korver to utah

gbrl
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
im also looking forward to the magic vs heat rivalry

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm excited to play the Heat at least 4 times next year. Hopefully more than that. Would love to face them in the ECF.

Yup, the alcohol is kicking in.

central2003
07-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I am surprised that no one put Lakers Vs Kings which is very possible. If Kings Manage to get the 8th spot in the west and the Lakers are the 1st spot, Then everyone knows that will be a rivalry with a heated past. If not next year you def could book on it 2011-12 season for sure.

lakerboy
07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Lookin forward the Heat vs Lakers in the finals.. if the Heat makes it.

tredigs
07-12-2010, 09:14 PM

Lakers are a year older in a bad way, the Thunder are a year older in a good way. Add to that the huge draft of Cole Aldrich, and a nice outside spot shooter to stretch their floor in Mo Peterson or Cook (whoever gels best), and you have yourselves a very real threat to the Lakers. If Ibaka continues to develop like he should and Aldrich comes in and produces like he's capable of, then there's no reason why they won't be perennial contenders. That teams potential is scary.

ManRam
07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Yup, the alcohol is kicking in.

It's Tuesday. I'm home for the week with my parents. I did have a Jack Lemonade for dinner...but no.

How great would it be if we played them in the playoffs? Amazing.

rockets-fan
07-12-2010, 09:22 PM
rockets and lakers(playoffs revenge from two years ago) but thats just me...i love when they play, the lakers bring out the best out of the rockets

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-12-2010, 09:33 PM
warriors-lakers

warriors-heat

lakers-heat

RocketPower2010
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Heat Cavaliers?

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Raptors vs. Vince Carter

tredigs
07-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Heat Cavaliers?

I guess if you're into public executions?

The league is going to see just how sad the Cavs are without Lebron this year... That's going to be a 20 win team. I guess it will be interesting to see the fan reactions when he plays at Cleveland, along with his response to it -- but the game itself is going to be murder.

ManRam
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I guess if you're into public executions?

The league is going to see just how sad the Cavs are without Lebron this year... That's going to be a 20 win team.

Seriously.

That will never be a rivalry...sadly. I'd love to see Cleveland be okay, but I doubt it.

jrodmesche
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM

haha and if yall make it

td0tsfinest
07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm intrigued by Orlando and Miami rivalry.

still1ballin
07-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Finally the Heat are good enough to be included in a rivalry

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 09:55 PM
haha and if yall make it

+1

shep33
07-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I think the Cavs may be alright this year and if they get the 8th spot I'd be happy for them, but they would have been better if LBJ woulda told them from the start he was leaving. Atleast they could've went for decent free agents, nobody spectacular but good players.

That's one of the reasons I was disappointed with what he did. He told the city, the team that he supposedly loved at 9:01 pm Thursday that he wasn't coming there. In a weird was I can understand if he played the Knicks, Bulls, Heat, or Nets, but if he loves Cleveland so much, he shoulda told them as early as possible so atleast they could've started the search for a coach and players... he woulda left under much better circumstances if that was the case.

But I'm rooting for a Cleveland vs Miami 1st round matchup... people say Lebron's supporting cast was terrible, but its unfair to judge them now because they've probably got Shaq and Z leaving, who were important players on their team.

jrodmesche
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
+1

thats prolly the funniest bigger three sig ive seen haha

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm liking a potential Knicks Bulls rivalry

Knicks

PG Felton
SG Chandler
SF Gallo
PF amare
C A. Randolph

Bulls

PG rose
SG Reddick
SF Deng
PF boozer
C Noah

That's not a one sided rivalry.

REALLYYYYY?
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I am surprised that no one put Lakers Vs Kings which is very possible. If Kings Manage to get the 8th spot in the west and the Lakers are the 1st spot, Then everyone knows that will be a rivalry with a heated past. If not next year you def could book on it 2011-12 season for sure.

i would love to see that. i would cheer for the kings because i definitely think they got robbed that year. there was at least one (i feel like there were at least a couple but i don't remember) game where the refs seem to have turned what should have been a blowout win for the kings into a loss.

_KB24_
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Cleveland and Miami.

Calling it now, the Cavs will beat the Heat the day he returns for his first game in Cleveland.

REALLYYYYY?
07-12-2010, 10:06 PM
heat vs everyone

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Lakers Thunder will be really fun.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Miami is going to blowout 75% of the NBA this season. Remember when Boston first got the big three. they blew out a lot of teams but this times it's going to be 1000x worse. Miami has no rivalry not even orlando can go toe to toe with them.

jackdawson
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Miami Heat vs Rest of the league.

Lakers vs Thunder.

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Miami is going to blowout 75% of the NBA this season. Remember when Boston first got the big three. they blew out a lot of teams but this times it's going to be 1000x worse. Miami has no rivalry not even orlando can go toe to toe with them.

You must be talking about all of the really bad teams in the league, becuz teams like Orlando, Boston, and LA will not be scared of Miami. Neither will Denver and Dallas. And neither will OKC, Portland, or Chicago. They'll have their hands full with all of those teams. They might kill all of the weak ones by virtue of more superstar talent, but they'll get all they want from the actual TEAMS that have actual DEPTH. And remember, when Boston formed the Big 3, they had a team ready to play, all they needed was more firepower and they got it. This Heat team barely has a starting five. So while it may appear to be the same becuz of the star power, it's really not the same type of deal. They've got more work to do than Boston did. They'll be good no doubt, but don't expect them to come out and be better than some of the deeper teams in the league.

Baller1
07-12-2010, 10:30 PM
You must be talking about all of the really bad teams in the league, becuz teams like Orlando, Boston, and LA will not be scared of Miami. Neither will Denver and Dallas. And neither will OKC, Portland, or Chicago. They'll have their hands full with all of those teams. They might kill all of the weak ones by virtue of more superstar talent, but they'll get all they want from the actual TEAMS that have actual DEPTH. And remember, when Boston formed the Big 3, they had a team ready to play, all they needed was more firepower and they got it. This Heat team barely has a starting five. So while it may appear to be the same becuz of the star power, it's really not the same type of deal. They've got more work to do than Boston did. They'll be good no doubt, but don't expect them to come out and be better than some of the deeper teams in the league.

You are in compete denial.

Miami is going to murder everyone, and it won't be close. Now, playoffs will be much different, but as for the regular season... Miami will have the best record in the league and the largest point differntial. Easily...

Coheed
07-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Wizards and T-Wolves... i cant effin wait!!!

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM

Think about it LBJ And wade usually Requires double teaming. Which would leave bosh and everyone else open for easy shots. and don't forget LBJ and wade use to take over games with scrubs. If LBJ can win 61 games with a scrubby team then god knows what he can do with Wade or Bosh. Everyone act like this team is just another team with old stars teaming up Don't forget Miami has 2 of the top 3 players on 1 team. So to think that teams like Dallas, Denver OKC or even Boston can stand a chance against them is just insane. I'll be happy if my Knicks can avoid getting blown out.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:34 PM
You are in compete denial.

Miami is going to murder everyone, and it won't be close. Now, playoffs will be much different, but as for the regular season... Miami will have the best record in the league and the largest point differntial. Easily...

Thank you anyone who think they can rival against Miami is in complete denial and need to open their ****ing eyes and realize that Miami is no ****ing joke.

REALLYYYYY?
07-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Thank you anyone who think they can rival against Miami is in complete denial and need to open their ****ing eyes and realize that Miami is no ****ing joke.

plenty of teams can rival against miami

tredigs
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Cleveland and Miami.

Calling it now, the Cavs will beat the Heat the day he returns for his first game in Cleveland.

I'll spot you 9.5 points and bet you anything that you'd like...

Baller1
07-12-2010, 10:42 PM

It's because people are simply in denial.

If anyone really thinks the second best shooting guard can't coincide with the best player in the NBA/the greatest passing forward we've ever seen, then you are simply avoiding reality.

Not to mention a top 5 power forward in the league in Chris Bosh (if you disagree, you're just bitter at the whole super team thing), an underrated, deadly three point shooter in Mike Miller, a leader and great post prescence in Udonis Haslem, and a promising young PG who will become the next Rondo (great player made even greater by his team) in Mario Chalmers.

And finally; I see any of Big Z, Shaq, T-Mac, and AI going to join that team for cheap.

This team WILL control the NBA. Stop being pathetic and just accept and respect the insane talent on this team.

Note: This isn't directed at you Slimsim, I'm just agreeing with you and ranting a bit.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
plenty of teams can rival against miami

your crazy
Wade by himself use to give me nightmares. Now you add LBJ the second best player in the NBA with Wade the 3rd best player in the NBA with Bosh a top 3 PF in the NBA and possibly a top 10 player and you telling me many teams can rival them ? Name 3 teams and tell me who can stop Wade James and bosh. or at least slow them down ? Or better yet get them into foul trouble. Players like Wade and LBJ don't get called for fouls. You think the refs were hated last season this season can't imagine hows it's going to be when teams go up against the heats.

iamsteel
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Cav's VS. Knicks for #1 pick for the next 5 years

_KB24_
07-12-2010, 10:45 PM
I'll spot you 9.5 points and bet you anything that you'd like...

Sig bet for a week. Deal?

Coheed
07-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Think about it LBJ And wade usually Requires double teaming. Which would leave bosh and everyone else open for easy shots. and don't forget LBJ and wade use to take over games with scrubs. If LBJ can win 61 games with a scrubby team then god knows what he can do with Wade or Bosh. Everyone act like this team is just another team with old stars teaming up Don't forget Miami has 2 of the top 3 players on 1 team. So to think that teams like Dallas, Denver OKC or even Boston can stand a chance against them is just insane. I'll be happy if my Knicks can avoid getting blown out.

any team can get blown out on any givin nite... the Knicks more common than usual. teams like L.A, Dallas, Denver & heck ill even say OKC out west can definitely compete with Miami. in the East... Orlando, Boston, Chicago & Atlanta will more than hold there own.

"if u wanna crown 'em... then crown their @$$" ... they still gotta prove it!

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:49 PM
It's because people are simply in denial.

If anyone really thinks the second best shooting guard can't coincide with the best player in the NBA/the greatest passing forward we've ever seen, then you are simply avoiding reality.

Not to mention a top 5 power forward in the league in Chris Bosh (if you disagree, you're just bitter at the whole super team thing), an underrated, deadly three point shooter in Mike Miller, a leader and great post prescence in Udonis Haslem, and a promising young PG who will become the next Rondo (great player made even greater by his team) in Mario Chalmers.

And finally; I see any of Big Z, Shaq, T-Mac, and AI going to join that team for cheap.

This team WILL control the NBA. Stop being pathetic and just accept and respect the insane talent on this team.

Note: This isn't directed at you Slimsim, I'm just agreeing with you and ranting a bit.

I agree with everything you said. Lucky for you your thunders only see them twice a year. I bet my knicks have to play them in preseason opening Night and then 3 other times after that. I conducted a little experiment i added bosh Wade and LBJ on the Miami heats in 2k10 and everything was 99 it was awful.

tredigs
07-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Sig bet for a week. Deal?

I was thinking more like pink slips, but that'll do ; ]

I agree with everything you said. Lucky for you your thunders only see them twice a year. I bet my knicks have to play them in preseason opening Night and then 3 other times after that. I conducted a little experiment i added bosh Wade and LBJ on the Miami heats in 2k10 and everything was 99 it was awful.

They're still a center away from being able to defeat certain teams in a 7 game series IMO, so that piece is going to be crucial to them winning this season. At worse they'll get it next year, but a guy like Big Z or Shaq at the vet min should suffice. Regardless if they get them or not, I can't imagine a situation where they beat the Cavs by less than 15 if they all try.

Baller1
07-12-2010, 10:52 PM

:laugh2:

My friend just made a joke about that today. The Heat are going to be 99's without even having to make trades. It's going to be hilarious.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:56 PM
any team can get blown out on any givin nite... the Knicks more common than usual. teams like L.A, Dallas, Denver & heck ill even say OKC out west can definitely compete with Miami. in the East... Orlando, Boston, Chicago & Atlanta will more than hold there own.

"if u wanna crown 'em... then crown their @$$" ... they still gotta prove it!

Want to Sig bet on that ? because you are out of your flippen Mind. Maybe you forgot how good those 3 players are maybe your blinded by hate and rage that you can't see what Miami has done to destroy the NBA. Who can hold Wade in orlando ? or what about LBJ or even Bosh. Paul pierce said it was easy to beat the cavs because LBJ was their offense What can they do when LBJ have option like Wade not mo Williams and Bosh not Varejoa. Dallas give me a ****ing break they can't even Beat a 1 legged spurs team. Denver You must be crazy another team that's couldn't even beat a handicap utah jazz. OKC they have a chance but it depends on how many shots they make that night. There's is know way all these teams can take Miami i hate them more than anything going back into the 90s but face it in reality this teams going to make a lot of fans go to bed crying.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 10:59 PM
:laugh2:

My friend just made a joke about that today. The Heat are going to be 99's without even having to make trades. It's going to be hilarious.

i added scrubs from the fa only guy that had a name was Steve Francis and his stats were 66. and they still had 99 offense Defense and overall everything was 99. then i did a auto career mode thing and guess who won the Nba championship

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 11:05 PM
thats prolly the funniest bigger three sig ive seen haha

;D thanks bruh

Dillon.Sandhu
07-12-2010, 11:07 PM
CB4 Vs Raptorss

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Miami VS:
bulls(especially this one...can;t wait to show the bulls whose boss)
nets
knicks
boston
LAL
Orlando-really looking forward to this one
****, everyone wants a piece of us.

And finally the heat-thunder in the finals next season. Should be a great series but we will probably beat them in 5 or 6.

phen0m
07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Lebron vs Wade

rockets-fan
07-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Want to Sig bet on that ? because you are out of your flippen Mind. Maybe you forgot how good those 3 players are maybe your blinded by hate and rage that you can't see what Miami has done to destroy the NBA. Who can hold Wade in orlando ? or what about LBJ or even Bosh. Paul pierce said it was easy to beat the cavs because LBJ was their offense What can they do when LBJ have option like Wade not mo Williams and Bosh not Varejoa. Dallas give me a ****ing break they can't even Beat a 1 legged spurs team. Denver You must be crazy another team that's couldn't even beat a handicap utah jazz. OKC they have a chance but it depends on how many shots they make that night. There's is know way all these teams can take Miami i hate them more than anything going back into the 90s but face it in reality this teams going to make a lot of fans go to bed crying.

i might be bashed for this and called a homer...but i think that a healthy houston team could compete with them....

Houston can put battier on wade, ariza on lebron, hayes on bosh...i dont think they can stop them at all...but i think they can hold em down a bit...make a few shots harder for them...with yao on the rockets, that makes houston way better defensivly and offensivly...hayes did a great defense job last year on the other teams best post player and hes only 6'6"

lakers could also put kobe on wade, artest on james, gasol on bosh....

this superteam crap is being overhyped...will they be great yea...but come on they still have very tuff competition out there...

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM
i might be bashed for this and called a homer...but i think that a healthy houston team could compete with them....

Houston can put battier on wade, ariza on lebron, hayes on bosh...i dont think they can stop them at all...but i think they can hold em down a bit...make a few shots harder for them...with yao on the rockets, that makes houston way better defensivly and offensivly...hayes did a great defense job last year on the other teams best post player and hes only 6'6"

lakers could also put kobe on wade, artest on james, gasol on bosh....

this superteam crap is being overhyped...will they be great yea...but come on they still have very tuff competition out there...

:facepalm: Come on.

rockets-fan
07-12-2010, 11:51 PM
:facepalm: Come on.

come on wat??:shrug:

Team*Chicago
07-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Miami VS:
bulls(especially this one...can;t wait to show the bulls whose boss)
nets
knicks
boston
LAL
Orlando-really looking forward to this one
****, everyone wants a piece of us.

And finally the heat-thunder in the finals next season. Should be a great series but we will probably beat them in 5 or 6.

I'll bet waiting for that moment, first we was known has "the team that had the greatest basketball player ever in Michal Jordan" and if the Bulls still defeat and win against the heat we will be known as "the team that beat the heat".

PatelJ1010
07-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Heat VS Orlando < Big 3 in Wade,Bosh, and Lebron Vs. Carter, Dwight, and Lewis
Wizards Vs 76ers < Wall Vs Turner
Warriors Vs Knicks < Up tempo Offense high scoring game return of David Lee
Suns Vs Knicks < Return of Amare
Heat Vs Cavs < Return of Lebron
Lakers Vs Blazers < the only team that had the chance to knock off Lakers in playoffs
Lakers Vs Suns < Western Conference rematch
Jazz Vs Bulls < Return of Boozer
Kings Vs Warriors < Tyreke Evans Vs Stephan Curry
Warriors Vs Bobcats < Return of Stephen Jackson
Heat Vs Lakers < Potential NBA FINALS
Celtics Vs Lakers < Rematch of Finals
Celtics Vs Magic < Rematch of East finals
Celtics vs Heat < Old Big 3 vs Young Big 3
Celtics Vs Knicks < Boston VS. New York
Nuggets Vs Thunder < Carmelo Vs Durant
Mavs Vs Warriors < Dirk Vs. "We Believe" (Ever since the upset this team is a rival)

Finally I was going to say
Heat Vs Raptors < Return of Bosh but it doesn't feel too much as a rivalry

_KB24_
07-13-2010, 04:13 AM
I was thinking more like pink slips, but that'll do

Depends, are we dealing with an import or muscle here sir :cool:

Knicks21
07-13-2010, 04:29 AM
Lakers are a year older in a bad way, the Thunder are a year older in a good way. Add to that the huge draft of Cole Aldrich, and a nice outside spot shooter to stretch their floor in Mo Peterson or Cook (whoever gels best), and you have yourselves a very real threat to the Lakers. If Ibaka continues to develop like he should and Aldrich comes in and produces like he's capable of, then there's no reason why they won't be perennial contenders. That teams potential is scary.

Get real. Lakers are gonna win it.

greek miami hea
07-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Bulls vs Bucks

Bulls vs Knicks

Bulls vs Heat

Bulls vs Hawks

Lakers vs Blazers

Lakers vs Rockets

Lakers vs Nuggets

Lakers vs Heat (maybe)

Heat vs Knicks

Heat vs Celtics

Heat vs Magic (who is the best in florida)

Those are just some.

this

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 08:30 AM
I think Lakers/Thunder has some potential, simply becuz LA is still very good and OKC might be the young team that really starts challenging them in the West. But I expect us to be cross conference rivals with the Bulls fairly soon.

:cool:

Bulls v a Phil run Lakers. Lets rock.

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Well
RD 1 Bulls v Atlanta
RD 2 Bulls v Boston
RD 3 Bulls v Miami
Finals Bulls v Lakers

Chicago Cheers the rest league goes back to the board

LTS
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I think some new rivalries will be born, and some old ones will be continued next season.

So far I have on my list:

- Miami HEAT vs everybody apparently.

- NY Knicks vs NJ Nets, for obvious regional reasons, now with possibly an 8th seed playoff spot at stake.

- Chicago Bulls vs Milwaukee Bucks, to decide who the new division champ will be.

- Washington Wizards vs Cleveland Cavaliers, teams who have a had a bit of animosity during recent years. Now that Cleveland has taken a huge step back and Washington is rebuilding it could maybe be a nice little backburner rivalry.

- Utah Jazz vs Portland Trailblazers, the Jazz fans seem upset Portland tries to "screw them over" in free agency every year by repeatedly signing Jazz players to offer sheets.

- San Antonio Spurs vs Dallas Mavericks vs Houston Rockets for the "ownership" of Texas.

- Los Angeles Lakers vs everybody who is hopeful in the West.

Etc.

Probably the only one that matters