PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Carlson

BlueJayCarter
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
When Spring training broke Cito and A.A said that Jesse had an injury and would be back soon. He pitched poorly for April and May but has started to improve with ERA 4.42 in the PCL which everyone says is a hitters league. Has he fallen so far that David Purcey and Rommie Lewis are ahead of him on the depth chart? He is 29 going to be 30 next year.

Will we see him this year? Or is he just wasting space that a young prospect could take.

Rochesta
07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
We're about to trade three relievers. He'll probably make the major league squad this season.

nithanyo
07-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Did he disclose what kind of injury. Some injuries zap your velocity. Some take a year to recover. Some takes 3 years to reecover. Some you just never recover from.

nstojic
07-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Will we see him this year? Or is he just wasting space that a young prospect could take.

see, i'd argue that him being with the big club would be a space wasted that a young prospect could take because we're rebuilding and numbers shouldn't matter... if anything, most teams stack their AAA teams with older guys who are career minor leaguers/fringe big league players... and then sprinkle in a few of their top prospects here and there...so he's sort of right where he should be and as Rochesta said, once AA starts to deal some pen arms, Carlson will probably be called up

bartron_44
07-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Looks like it took him until about the middle of June before he started coming around, but he is pitching better as of late. I would still rather see Lewis and Purcey take on more meaningful roles than him at this point though. A couple lefties bringing it around 94 with decent sliders are pretty good pen options imo...I don't really understand why we are developing Lewis into a starter, he was far more effective as a reliever imo when he only faced hitters once..