PDA

View Full Version : NBA ReDraft Playoffs (1) Warriors vs. (8) Timberwolves

Westbrook36
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Once or a twice year, PSD holds an NBA ReDraft. In this game played by PSD users, all the players in the NBA go into a draft pool. A lottery is held to determine the order and in 12 rounds of drafting and trading the GMs try to create the best team possible.

This second round match-up features the 1st seeded Warriors versus the 8th seeded Timberwolves. The Warriors have homecourt advantage. Their respective rosters and write-ups are listed below:

Keep in mind these are not the real life teams.

Warriors:

PG: Mo Williams - Ramon Sessions
SG: Stephen Jackson - Kelenna Azubuike
SF: Danny Granger - Ryan Gomes - Sam Young
PF: David Lee - Jared Jeffries
C: Nene Hilario - DeAndre Jordan - DeSagana Diop

Warriors Write-Up:

First off, good luck to the T-Wolves. This should be a fun matchup. However, I think my team should prevail. Let’s take a look at the matchups:

-Deron Williams vs. Mo Williams: I’m not gonna lie, Deron will definitely win this matchup. However, Mo will be able to hold his own on offense and put up his usual 15 PPG while also dishing to his teammates. Considering we win all the other matchups, we should be fine with this one.

-Manu Ginobili vs. Stephen Jackson: I’d say this matchup is just about even. Jackson is a premier defender and will be able to stop Manu’s scoring for the most part. And he will also be able to spread the floor for our post players and put up his usual 20 PPG on the perimeter.

-Mike Dunleavy vs. Danny Granger: This is a blowout. Mike Dunleavy is washed up and there’s no way he’ll even be able to compete with Granger and his 24 PPG and 6 RPG. Granger will be able to take control of the series.

-Carl Landry vs. David Lee: This really isn’t even close. Landry has upside but Lee is already an all-star, having put up 20/12 this past season. He shouldn’t have trouble destroying Landry in the post and using his size to his advantage should be able to surpass his averages.

-Marcin Gortat vs. Nene Hilario: Clearly goes to Nene. Nene is a shutdown defender and will be able to easily contain Gortat on the defensive end considering Gortat doesn’t have much experience as a starter. And on offense, Nene’s sheer strength should allow him to dominate Gortat in the post and put up more than his average 14 PPG.

-Bench: This one also clearly goes to us. Lets look at the top 3 guys off the bench for both teams…Azubuike/Gomes/Sessions and Delfino/Wright/Chalmers. All of our bench players are capable of starting and both Azu and Gomes put up nearly 15 PPG. Sessions complements Mo’s shooting with more of a pass-first, driving PG.

We feel we have the most well-rounded team in the redraft and that is what has earned us the top seed. We took a different approach to this redraft, and instead of getting two superstars and a bunch of scrubs, we have a star-studded starting 5. We have perimeter shooting and passing from Mo, perimeter shooting and defense from Sjax, perimeter shooting and slashing from Danny Granger, post scoring and rebounding from David Lee, and post scoring, rebounding and defense from Nene. We also have a pretty strong bench capable of taking over when necessary. We are geared up and ready to fight for the championship.

Please check both clubhouses and vote wisely. Go Warriors!

Timberwolves:

PG: Deron Williams (37)/Mario Chalmers(10)/Anthony Carter(1)
SG: Manu Ginobili(35)/Dorrell Wright(7)/Carlos Delfino(6)
SF: Mike Dunleavy(25)/Carlos Delfino(16)/Dorrell Wright(7)
PF: Carl Landry(31)/Nenad Krstic (12)/Darius Songaila(5)
C: Marcin Gortat (30)/Nenad Krstic (14)/Fabricio Oberto(3)

Timberwolves Write-Up:

Sixerlover
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
The Warriors team is built very well. I go with them here

Catfish1314
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
This one is actually kind of close. The frontcourt of Gortat and Landry will play physical and aggressive against the more talented Lee and Nene, and they'll have the playmaking of Deron Williams and Manu Ginobili feeding them. The Williams/Ginobili pair is a nightmare offensively. Both are quick, crafty, and can create as well as any guards in the league.

I have to give it to the Warriors though. In an uptempo system, all five of their starters are lethal and the Wolves' defense is OK but it won't be enough to slow down the rain of 3s and the bruising pair of Nene and Lee inside. I think the Wolves could steal a couple of games from them though.

Ws in 7.

ManRam
07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
The front court is the difference here. I don't like the Warriors' defense...but the front court mismatch is too significant.

FC_4_life
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Good luck to the T-Wolves. This should be a good one.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
No it shouldn't be close. D-Will and Manu is amazing in the backcourt, seriously props to the T-Wolves great combo. That's all you get from me though. Warriors dominate you in every other aspect. I don't think the Wolves would put up enough points to win. Warriors take this one.

footballer2369
07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Wolves win because of Dorell Wright...He should be starting over Dunleavy though

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I really think Deron and Manu would run a freight train on most teams but they are just beat around the board elsewhere. Gortat hasn't really proven he can be a starter, though I think he could.

BayHuStLE
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
granger lee and nene would be interesting to watch

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 06:46 PM
In all honesty though I would rather have Manu then S Jax IMO.

KnicksorBust
07-12-2010, 08:50 PM
If this team had a Deron Williams level bigman instead of Gortat and a Gortat level PG it would have been close. Warriors easily.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Warriors win.

thesparky33
07-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I like the Wolves team better, but had to pick the Warriors.

I havent seen teams but I just dont see Granger as a top tier guy, and curious as to how the Warriors got a #1 seed. Have the redrafts been cracking down on the rapes?

Would be a good match up though. Both teams are well built.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-12-2010, 11:47 PM

I havent seen teams but I just dont see Granger as a top tier guy, and curious as to how the Warriors got a #1 seed. Have the redrafts been cracking down on the rapes?

The East is really stacked so they got first seed.

And when I saw stacked, I mean really stacked. The Hawks team(Hawes, Scola, Rashard, Wade, Hinrich) have a legit shot of beating that Wolves team and that Hawks team missed the playoffs by a landslide.

If you look into the Re-draft forum, you can see the teams.

Twolves88
07-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I'd like to see the twolves right up before I bother voting...

ldc62
07-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I had Warriors at 2). But the team is just way too balanced.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-12-2010, 11:58 PM
I had Warriors at 2). But the team is just way too balanced.

Would never trust that team in the playoffs though.

Granger and Lee have never played in the playoffs.

Mo is crap come playoff time.

And S-Jax and Nene's production slightly go down in the playoffs too.

Ebbs
07-13-2010, 12:40 AM

The Warriors were the #1 seed due too 2 main reasons. Firstly they have a very balanced squad. And secondly for whatever the reason the east was stacked. In most league wide Power Rankings the Warriors were 5th or 6th.

SugeKnight
07-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Wolves have a convincing writeup, but i go warriors