PDA

View Full Version : Haslem staying with Heat!

KTheo77
07-12-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-udonis-haslem-s071110,0,1392457.story

Udonis Haslem will be back with the Miami Heat next season.

The veteran power forward confirmed his return to the Sun Sentinel in a text message that read: "Turned down full mid level from Dallas and Denver. See u next season."

Instead of a four-year package that would have been in excess of $25 million, Haslem is expected to sign off on a four-year Heat package at about half that total.

The agreement was independently confirmed through a second NBA party.

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Hahhaha let the hate continue!!!

shizzle09
Love this guy. Huge for the Heat!!!

dnewguy
He has turned down far larger deals from the Nuggets and Mavericks . . . and will be back with the Heat!

http://twitter.com/iraheatbeat

Bench is shaping up....

ManRam
Reason #86504 why I'm convinced the Heat will fill out their bench perfectly.

Turned down a full MLE contract for far less money. Ugh. The Heat really are going to end up being a deep team. I'm convinced of that.

mikantsass
07-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Didnt think he was going anywhere..... He is a Florida guy.

Nice player

what54!?
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
hell yes. We got bosh's back-up plus he's clutch. UDDDD!!!!!

*Silver&Black*
Why would he want to leave? He is going to have a super team to play with. Why leave now? I'm sure he has enough money to live off of.

Reyes6
Not surprised, I fully expected him to sign with them.

VinceCarter
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Turned down a full MLE contract for far less money. Ugh. The Heat really are going to end up being a deep team. I'm convinced of that.

Don't forget the Nets offered him a 3 year $20 million contract.

Lake_Show2416
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
good signing...solid player

take notes Lebron about Loyalty haha

Wade better be buying him a very nice gift for that pay cut he took

nalrah01
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Good for the Heat, Haslem has definitely been a great player/leader for that team.
Would've been very odd to see him in a Mavericks jersey though (or any other team for that matter),

Baseballcb95
And people said we wouldnt have a bench, little did they know we will have one of the best if not the best bench in the league =]

Master Mind

I hope so...

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
And people said we wouldnt have a bench, little did they know we will have one of the best if not the best bench in the league =]

Lets not go there and actually give people a reason to start hating us (though they undoubtably will for no reason).

Our bench is looking solid but not the best

Faycem
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Congrats Miami fans. See you in the finals.

Just a thought: Salary Cap has become a completely joke.

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Lets not go there and actually give people a reason to start hating us (though they undoubtably will for no reason).

Our bench is looking solid but not the best

x2

Carey
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Nice signing, now if they can get a legit Center and have Haslem and Anthony as the back up bigs they might be set up front, but they still desperately need some size.

J_M_B
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
This is great for Miami. Mike Miller is expected to sign soon. That's two very good role players to go along with the big3. They compliment their games..

Good signing.

I think Miami will have a deep team. Many more free agents are still out there, so the Heat have a good shot at 3-4 of them.

Ethix11
07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
!!

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Instead of a four-year package that would have been in excess of $25 million, Haslem is expected to sign off on a four-year Heat package at about half that total.

:speechless:

that is simply amazing! HALF??? who does that??? Love the **** out of UD. Welcome back :clap:

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Nice signing, now if they can get a legit Center and have Haslem and Anthony as the back up bigs they might be set up front, but they still desperately need some size.

completely agree. thats the tricky part of filling this team.

Faycem
07-12-2010, 04:21 PM

:speechless:

that is simply amazing! HALF??? who does that??? Love the **** out of UD. Welcome back :clap:

Mr. Taxes ans Ms. Promises. Expect a player option in that contract in 2nd or 3rd year.

FNM BOY
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I love it for you guys...get that team built up...hahahah...get ready for more hate....some doubtin what u guys can build.....its coming full circle haters!!!

h2r09
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
daldridgetnt Udonis Haslem is staying with the Beatles, turning down offers from Dallas and Denver to re-sign with the Heat. Link soon on NBA.com.

@IraHeatBeat: Haslem: "Turned down full mid level from Dallas and Denver. See u next season."

This would be the loyalty that Dwyane Wade talks about. Perfect Heat player. Gotta love Udonis.

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Ira winderman twitter:

Haslem email to Sun Sentinel, and, therefore, Heat fans: "Turned down full mid level from Dallas and Denver. See u next season."

Haslem is staying home and taking a massive pay cut

chalmers
wade
lbj
bosh
anthony
miller
haslem

it's growing.

arkanian215
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Looks like Nets have to target Scola....

the_jon
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
At least we know Haslem wants to win. Good for him.

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
you guys are funny. we have 3 UD resigns with the heat threads. haha.

kingkobe
This would be the loyalty that Dwyane Wade talks about. Perfect Heat player. Gotta love Udonis.

I wonder what Wade has to say about the loyalty of some of his new teammates. Gotta love em!

To be honest, Wade or anyone don't give a crap about loyalty if you have not noticed already.

Kingdre619
ill believe this when i see an official report, but if this happens, good for miami

Jetsguy
07-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I cant imagine his Agent or the players union love this...Pretty crazy how badly people want to win I feel like I would most certainly take the offer that is doubling my current.

I mean can we as average people imagine making 50k and a great company comes along that does the exact same thing as your current company and offers you 100k and you say no thanks not interested?

Cromedome
All this Heat talk makes the NBA forums boring.

ABOMB_56
Seems like every one on the heat is taken a massive pay cut to play with them.

Their line-up looks like this right now:
PG.Chalmers
SG.Wade
SF.Bron
PF.Bosh
C.Anthony
Miller
Haslem

h2r09
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I wonder what Wade has to say about the loyalty of some of his new teammates. Gotta love em!

To be honest, Wade or anyone don't give a crap about loyalty if you have not noticed already.

you mean the guys that took less money to win?

and im talking about the loyalty of the franchise and of his teammates in the past who take less money in the sake of winning.

Niro
i love how miami keeps signing solid players to add depth
all the miami haters gonna see how the heat will win like 3 rings in 4 years

joeym
At least we know Haslem wants to win. Good for him.

that is hilarious.....

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 04:31 PM
mmmmmm i dont get it.

Cap hold='?

idndt they need to refuse his rights (losing the bird rights chance)?

something smells really stinky here.

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Looks like Nets have to target Scola....

NO! He better stay with the Rockets

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 04:32 PM
mmmmmm i dont get it.

Cap hold='?

Refused his bird rights but resigned him for 4 million a year. Which I'm assuming is backloaded so their cap isn't going to take a major hit

h2r09
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
mmmmmm i dont get it.

Cap hold='?

dude shut up. every post you make is about how the heat are cheating one way or another. have you ever thought that maybe their players care about winning rather then the extra million? or that pat riley knows what he is doing?

MrfadeawayJB
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Already knew this was going to happen...

footballer2369
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
mmmmmm i dont get it.

Cap hold='?

we have leftover cap space (8+ mil for miller and haslem)...

nothing stinky

we'll have his rights back next year also

Big Zo
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM

Take a shower...

king4day
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
At least this is a guy that shows he wants to win more than make a few extra bucks (in basketball standards).
Good for both parties.

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 04:38 PM
At least this is a guy that shows he wants to win more than make a few extra bucks (in basketball standards).
Good for both parties.

Seems like everyone on the Heat values winning over money. Wade, Bosh, and Bron took less than the max. Haslem took 1/2 of what he was offered. Miller, if he is signed, is probably going to make less than if he went to another team. And Joel Anthony is probably signing for a discounted price

kjdills13
07-12-2010, 04:38 PM

come on thats just not a very intelligent comment.

the suns bench is WAY better than the heats.

dragic
Childress
dudley
warrick
Frye

that will be a much better bench than any bench the heat can put together.

and im not saying the suns have the best bench ( even tho there bench could be the best) i am just stating an example of one team that has a better and will have a better bench.

numba1CHANGsta
07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
so whos on the Heat bench so far?

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm really not surprised that he wanted to return.

godolphins
07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
yay!!!!!!

h2r09
07-12-2010, 04:42 PM

mike miller and udonis haslem and mario chalmers.

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 04:43 PM

Haslem, Miller, probably Chalmers after we sign a veteran PG, and either Joel Anthony or a guy like Ilgauskas (the other one starts).

Plus 4 rookies.

lakers4sho
dude shut up. every post you make is about how the heat are cheating one way or another. have you ever thought that maybe their players care about winning rather then the extra million? or that pat riley knows what he is doing?

Why so defensive? :eyebrow:

The person was asking an honest question regarding the Heat and their cap situation.

_Supreme_
Udonis took less money to stay last time he re-signed too.

He simply wants to be in Miami.

godolphins
07-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM

The person was asking an honest question regarding the Heat and their cap situation.

So instead of calling them out as cheaters or smelling something fishy, why didn't he just come out and ask for an explanation of their situation instead of insinuating that they (Heat) as cheaters

h2r09
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM

no he wasnt. he is going in every heat thread saying that the heat somehow cheat like he is realizing something that nobody else is. you and i both know that.

bahama0811
07-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Damn, I was hoping he'd come to Denver. Good job by the Heat to get him back.

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Mike Miller
Udonis Haslem

And possibly Chalmers if they get D-Fish.
There have also been rumors of Q-Rich wanting to come back as well as Z wanting to join them.

So,
Miller
Haslem
Chalmers
Z
Q-Rich
and the three rookies they drafted this year

_Supreme_

Hellcrooner has been posting that kind of stuff every time Miami signs someone, so I can understand the reaction.

He is a good guy, but he simply doesn't get how the cap works, which would be alright if he didn't constantly dismiss the thing he doesn't understand as "cheating". It's a bit rediculous.

fishfan79
pretty kewl of Haslem this is the second time he has done this for Miami guy is a warrior for the team.

Raidaz4Life
Solid signing by the Heat. Looks like it will be a race to fill out their rosters by the Lakers and Heat with Fish and Haslem returning to their respective teams.

drew_ellis_23
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
mike miller and udonis haslem and mario chalmers.

Who the hell is starting then? Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Who else if the other 3 are on the bench? Is Chalmers starting? Haslem will probably start at C too. So really your bench is Mike Miller. Who else is on this team?

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
hellcrooner has been posting that kind of stuff every time miami signs someone, so i can understand the reaction.

He is a good guy, but he simply doesn't get how the cap works, which would be alright if he didn't constantly dismiss the thing he doesn't understand as "cheating". It's a bit ridiculous.

:p

J4KOP99
This is good for the Heat and Haslem. Every time i watch him play, he works his *** off and plays the game the right way.

Defnitely will mesh well with Bosh down low and can eat up some minutes without bringing down the competitiveness of the team on the floor. Good luck to him, I have always liked him as a player.

_Supreme_
Q-Rich

He signed with Orlando. I'm not sure if getting him back was one of Riley's priorities, or if Mike Miller was viewed as his replacement all along.

RaiderLakersA's
07-12-2010, 04:53 PM
All this Heat talk makes the NBA forums boring.

Actually, it's great to see another fanbase energized. We've all been there. A team signs a big name player or two, and the fans are whipped into a frenzy as though a title or three were a foregone conclusion.

I'm curious to see what Pat Riley can put together. Haslem staying helps. If they can add Miller, even better. I assume at least one quality FA will sign for the veteran minimum.

But it really doesn't matter who signs. Past champions have proven that you only really need to go 6 deep, if you have a great core and scheme in place.

Who knew the term "too big to fail" could apply to the hopes and dreams of an NBA franchise? With stakes this high, it's bound to make for great theater either way, win or lose.

Will it happen for the Heat this year? Only time will tell. Can't wait to see how it shakes out in the end.

Celtic AL
he resigns so what? this Miami team still does not scare me! the NBA title and the EC Title are still favorite to the LA Lakers & the Boston Celtics

J4KOP99
He signed with Orlando. I'm not sure if getting him back was one of Riley's priorities, or if Mike Miller was viewed as his replacement all along.

Yeah, I would take Mike Miller over Q-Rich any day of the week. No need to have both of them, especially with the financial situation.

_Supreme_
Who the hell is starting then? Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. Who else if the other 3 are on the bench? Is Chalmers starting? Haslem will probably start at C too. So really your bench is Mike Miller. Who else is on this team?

Joel Anthony or a veteran such as Zydrunas Ilgauskas will start at center.

Either a veteran or Chalmers at point guard. Riley will probably want a veteran.

Haslem can certainly play minutes at center too, but against the top centers like Dwight we'll need a bigger body.

In some scenarios Miller could also be starting:

PG - Wade/Lebron
SG - Miller/Wade
SF - Lebron/Miller
PF - Bosh
C - Haslem

I can definitely see that lineup on the court at times.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM

haslem is going to come off the bench and it depends if lebron plays point guard if mike miller starts. right now it is looking like we will sign a solid vewteran for the minimum to start but mike miller will finish the game with lebron or d wade at the point because that is what we have alwys done with d wade.

footballer2369
07-12-2010, 04:56 PM

either:

lebron
wade
miller
bosh
anthony
bn: haslem and mario + pittman varnado butler beverly
or

mario
wade
lebron
bosh
anthony
bn: haslem and miller + pittman varnado butler beverly

ABOMB_56

Either a veteran or Chalmers at point guard. Riley will probably want a veteran.

Haslem can certainly play minutes at center too, but against the top centers like Dwight we'll need a bigger body.

PG - Wade/Lebron
SG - Miller/Wade
SF - Lebron/Miller
PF - Bosh
C - Haslem

Didn't they say if anyone was PG other than a natural one, it would be LBJ in a Magic Johnson esq role?

h2r09
he resigns so what? this Miami team still does not scare me! the NBA title and the EC Title are still favorite to the LA Lakers & the Boston Celtics

there is no way the heat arent better than the celtics. you'll grow tired of jermaine o'neals ******** in about 2 weeks into the season.

drew_ellis_23
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM

PG - Wade/Lebron
SG - Miller/Wade
SF - Lebron/Miller
PF - Bosh
C - Haslem

that is what i thought. so they have 6 guys and there are jokers saying they have the best bench lol.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
LeBron or Wade at PG would be horrible for the team. I don't know why they wouldn't just let Chalmers start.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
LeBron or Wade at PG would be horrible for the team. I don't know why they wouldn't just let Chalmers start.

this is easily one of the dumbest posts i have ever read. lebron would instantly be the best and most unstoppable pg in the league and d wade is great at pg as well. chalmers probably will not start but we will also probably find a pg who can just shoot and defend and doesnt need the ball in his hand to be productive.

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:01 PM
there is no way the heat arent better than the celtics. you'll grow tired of jermaine o'neals ******** in about 2 weeks into the season.

What ever Dude:facepalm: JO had Dwade and the rest of the Heat they were trash! with a new place JO who show why he will be good for the c's! he may not be the player that he was few years ago but he still avg 13pts which is good for a center

ABOMB_56
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Imagine how good the Heat would be if they got lucky and the Bulls chose Beasley with the #1 pick.
Instead of having to trade away Beasley, they would of probably traded away Chalmers and had a Rose, Wade, Bron, Bosh 4? :speechless:

king4day
07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
haslem is going to come off the bench and it depends if lebron plays point guard if mike miller starts. right now it is looking like we will sign a solid vewteran for the minimum to start but mike miller will finish the game with lebron or d wade at the point because that is what we have alwys done with d wade.

Do you guys not trust Chalmers or does it just make more sense to start one of Wade or LeBron at PG?

king4day
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Imagine how good the Heat would be if they got lucky and the Bulls chose Beasley with the #1 pick.
Instead of having to trade away Beasley, they would of probably traded away Chalmers and had a Rose, Wade, Bron, Bosh 4? :speechless:

Things would be a lot different I think. Do to success, they may have pushed hard to acquire Amar'e or Boozer last season to make a deep playoff run.

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 05:07 PM
What ever Dude:facepalm: JO had Dwade and the rest of the Heat they were trash! with a new place JO who show why he will be good for the c's! he may not be the player that he was few years ago but he still avg 13pts which is good for a center

:facepalm: you gave the guy the full MLE...he had the worst playoff performance in history. If he would have given us anything, the series would have been more competitive.

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
:facepalm: you gave the guy the full MLE...he had the worst playoff performance in history. If he would have given us anything, the series would have been more competitive.

:facepalm:ik he had a bad playoffs series but come on he was faceing the Celtcs alot of players had playoff series and C's had Great D they were shuting down every one well not the lakers:mad: and another thing i would give up too if my team had a ball hog Like Dwade and such a bad bench players

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM

He averaged 13 points for the Heat as the SECOND option.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 05:16 PM

he averaged 13 points because every game the heat forced it to him in the beginning of the game so we could get something from him befroe he disappears for the rest of the game. He also turned out not to be well liked by the coaching staff.

footballer2369
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM

not enough shooting

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
He averaged 13 points for the Heat as the SECOND option.

yeah so?

Bruno
07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I like it. He's not tall enough to be the effective defensive big they really need. Solid player though, good pick up.

h2r09
07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
yeah so?

your poor photoshop of him in a celtics jersey gives him serious man boobs, btw.

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
your poor photoshop of him in a celtics jersey gives him serious man boobs, btw.

thats Baiting! so Stay on topic

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
yeah so?

:facepalm: Don't be blinded by his stats, he's not as good as his numbers say he is.. Plus his numbers would go down as the last option of the celtics starting rotation.

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
:facepalm: Don't be blinded by his stats, he's not as good as his numbers say he is.. Plus his numbers would go down as the last option of the celtics starting rotation.Ok you win the Heat will be the 2010/2011 champs and the JO will crash 7 burn:rolleyes:

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Ok you win the Heat will be the 2010/2011 champs and the JO will crash 7 burn:rolleyes:

Whatever loser

fishfan79

no offense but your thought process there makes no sense. Wade or Lebron would be perfect fits at PG due to their ability to penetrate and dish with high eff. They tear apart defenses just like Great PG's do.

kjoke
Ok you win the Heat will be the 2010/2011 champs and the JO will crash 7 burn:rolleyes:

i think u of all fans shoud have a good understanding of how good jo is, remeber this year in the playoffs?

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Whatever loser

dude i dont care about stats i just want a good player on my team and that is what JO is! what happen in april was the C's just Shut him down! so dont call me a loser im just hopfull that my team sign a good center insted of kwame brown

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:31 PM
i think u of all fans shoud have a good understanding of how good jo is, remeber this year in the playoffs?

the c's shut him down

EL HEAT
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
You should believe me when I say that he isn't that good. I watched him every game last season, the Miami Heat coaching staff couldn't wait to get Joel Anthony into the game for him.

The guy is trash now, a shell of his former self, and I would've thought a Boston fan would now that JO isn't good due to his playoff performance.

lavilevi23
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
JO sucks

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
You should believe me when I say that he isn't that good. I watched him every game last season, the Miami Heat coaching staff couldn't wait to get Joel Anthony into the game for him.

The guy is trash now, a shell of his former self, and I would've thought a Boston fan would now that JO isn't good due to his playoff performance.
lets face it the whole Miami team was trash! & Dwade was the only good player! u think JO is Done i think change is what he needs!

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:38 PM
JO sucks

and your point? :facepalm::facepalm: atlest other Heat fans had good points

h2r09
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM

how is that baiting?

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
how is that baiting?

making fun out of my friends photo shop pic is baiting

Celtic AL
07-12-2010, 05:44 PM
im done

robdizzle3
07-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Though I want to see the Heat get put out, because of the fans, I really respect Haslem and his loyalty. This is not a shot at Lebron. Haslem is a great role player and could've went anywhere, but the guy just loves Miami and is showing them how much, by taking much less. Respect.

shizzle09

whah, thats him commenting on your sig pic. Thats not baiting.

h2r09
i might as well start it. over under 12.5 years of age for Celtic Al?

robdizzle3
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
the c's shut him down

Alot of people underestimate how good the Celtics team defense was. They will hound you and beat you up till tou break. It happened to Lebron and Cleveland, which I never saw that happeneing to Lebron and almost work on the Lakers, but since they been there before, they were ready for the challenge. jermaine wasnt and he folded like a lawn chair.

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't think it is fair to start bashing JO all of a sudden.

We expected a bit more of him, yes, and he did genuinly disappoint later on in the season (especially for a few of my fantasy bball teams Goddammit), but he most definitely isn't a scub. He is still a worthwhile 7-footer. Just don't expect him to be a reliable game-changer.

Rockets4Life
07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Why is it when people ask who is all coming off the bench, everyone keeps posting Miller. The last time I check Miller has not signed with the heat so therefor he is not part of there bench. To my understanding, the Heat only have

Chambers
Wade
Lbj
Bosh
Anthony

and then Haslem coming off the bench.

Man that sure is looking like the best bench in the nba.

Rockets4Life
07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I will add that signing Haslem is a great start to their bench

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already:

Udonis Haslem, in his words, on why he stayed. "I would be changing my DNA if I was leaving just for money."

One of the most loyal players in the NBA :clap:

Rockets4Life
07-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already:

One of the most loyal players in the NBA :clap:

Wish their were more players out there like him, but can't hate players who want to get paid.

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 05:54 PM

ummm, Wade has been loyal to this franchise and their fans from day one. Your boy Kobe seemed to ask for a trade from the lakers when things werent going well. Did Wade ask for a trade when they won 15 games? i think not.

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Why is it when people ask who is all coming off the bench, everyone keeps posting Miller. The last time I check Miller has not signed with the heat so therefor he is not part of there bench.

And Mike Miller is definitely coming. It is a matter of the league working through 'Wolves' other moves before signing off on Beasley deal.

http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

For the people who don't know: Mike Miller named his son after Lebron's best friend Maverick (Carter), and he was Udonis Haslem's roommate at Florida.

PLAYERS FAN
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
That's cool for Haslem to take less for winning.

Rockets4Life
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
ummm, Wade has been loyal to this franchise and their fans from day one. Your boy Kobe seemed to ask for a trade from the lakers when things werent going well. Did Wade ask for a trade when they won 15 games? i think not.

I believe that wade said something along the lines of he wasn't going to stay in Miami this year only until Bosh committed to him that he was going to Miami? Seems like he was about to take the next flight out of Maim as well.

Source:

By TIM REYNOLDS
AP Sports Writer

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - Dwyane Wade's future was muddled and uncertain, until Chris Bosh told him where he wanted to spend the next few years.

"I'm feeling Miami," Bosh said.

Those three words were all Wade needed to make his decision.

blacknell
07-12-2010, 06:06 PM
good for him

numba1CHANGsta
07-12-2010, 06:07 PM
And possibly Chalmers if they get D-Fish.
There have also been rumors of Q-Rich wanting to come back as well as Z wanting to join them.

So,
Miller
Haslem
Chalmers
Z
Q-Rich
and the three rookies they drafted this year

q-rich went to the Magic and D-Fish resigned with the Lakers

JOSKOMANG4
07-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Hopeful signings in red!

C) Big Z(league minimum)
PF) Bosh
SF) Lebron
SG) Wade
PG) Chalmers

Bench:

C J.Anthony
PF U.Haslem
SF/SG M.Miller
SF/SG D.Butler
C D.Pittmann
PF T.Varnardo
PG K.Dooling(vet minimum)

jackdawson
07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
This is good for the Heat and Haslem. Every time i watch him play, he works his *** off and plays the game the right way.

Defnitely will mesh well with Bosh down low and can eat up some minutes without bringing down the competitiveness of the team on the floor. Good luck to him, I have always liked him as a player.

Good and a rational Laker fan :clap:

blacknell
07-12-2010, 06:11 PM

your an idiot Lebron can play point because he is unselfish and can pass witht he best of them. he averages 8 assist a game young i hate you seriously everytime i see you post its always negative and dumb

Tony_Starks
07-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Great move by the Heat! Udonis is one of the few bigs that actually plays above and beyond his size. He can rebound and defend the 4 or 5 spots and he's developed a pretty reliable mid range J.

Perfect glue guy for a playoff team. Took a lil less but Im sure Riley will take care of him later down the line

minervamob
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
What an idiot, he already has a ring. Riley is on his pimp game selling water to whales! Either that or Heat are payin money under the table.

LTS
07-12-2010, 06:20 PM
good signing...solid player

take notes Lebron about Loyalty haha

Wade better be buying him a very nice gift for that pay cut he took

No gift needed he will be getting some rings

Good looking Haslem players choosing to win over $

Canes0097
07-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I believe that wade said something along the lines of he wasn't going to stay in Miami this year only until Bosh committed to him that he was going to Miami? Seems like he was about to take the next flight out of Maim as well.

Source:

By TIM REYNOLDS
AP Sports Writer

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - Dwyane Wade's future was muddled and uncertain, until Chris Bosh told him where he wanted to spend the next few years.

lol it doesnt say that he was leaving if Chris Bosh didnt sign with Miami! It says he was "uncertain" until Bosh made the decision to go to Miami which made Wades decision that much more easy!

However it is tha you want to interpret this, this is your reason for thinking wade is not loyal tho the Heat? For having to think before making a decision? lol

omdigga
07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
they needed haslem.. tough presence up front.. thats big for the heat...

LTS
07-12-2010, 06:26 PM

Source:

By TIM REYNOLDS
AP Sports Writer

I would'nt call it disloyal to say hay if you do not get me some talent I'm leaving because my contact is expired.

6 yrs with sub-par support around a great player hell yeah you want to motivate front office and seriously most people never thought he would leave anyway

Swashcuff
07-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm glad that he's remaining with the Heat. Despite all the star power he'll still be a key part of their team.

BayHuStLE
07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Seriously, I would have sacrificed the extra 1.5 a year to resign with miami, other than going elsewhere...

kingkobe
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I would'nt call it disloyal to say hay if you do not get me some talent I'm leaving because my contact is expired.

6 yrs with sub-par support around a great player hell yeah you want to motivate front office and seriously most people never thought he would leave anyway

That's fine except your hear buddy was making a point how Kobe was asking for trades while Wade has always been loyal.

Regardless I was talking about Lebron and Bosh leaving their teams and not being loyal to them which you guys are clearly choosing to ignore to show how loyal heat players are and how they are family. Except you forget that the 2 superstars you just acquired just did the exact opposite of being loyal.

Anyways I'll choose to ignore you guys cuz you are just delusional in the ecstasy of getting all 3. I and any other franchise would do the same so I understand (hint: Boston 2 years ago, LA 6 years ago).

Good for you guys for having an opportunity for a dynasty. I believe every team should have a chance like that and every fan should have that experience. It's not fair for LA/Boston to rule the NBA like that.

justinnum1
07-12-2010, 06:37 PM
:dance:

tredigs
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
What an idiot, he already has a ring. Riley is on his pimp game selling water to whales! Either that or Heat are payin money under the table.

Definitely!1

...Or, he's just a guy who was born and raised in Miami, went to school for UF, and does not want move his life and family when he has the chance to stay and finish his career in his home state with one of the most dangerous teams ever assembled. He's always been a class act, and it's not as if he isn't already filthy rich. From everything I know about the guy, I would have been shocked if he didn't take the pay cut to stay with Miami.

McPeak92
07-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Hopeful signings in red!

C) Big Z(league minimum)
PF) Bosh
SF) Lebron
SG) Wade
PG) Chalmers

Bench:

C J.Anthony
PF U.Haslem
SF/SG M.Miller
SF/SG D.Butler
C D.Pittmann
PF T.Varnardo
PG K.Dooling(vet minimum)

when did Joel Anthony re-sign?

h2r09
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM
when did Joel Anthony re-sign?

we have his brid rights, he isnt going anywhere.

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 07:18 PM
welcome back udonis!!!!!!!!!

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 07:23 PM

:laugh: Really wade doesnt know anything about loyalty :laugh: wasnt it kobe who asked for a trade while wade NEVER asked for one even when we became a top lottery team. Get the heck outta here with that foolish

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 07:52 PM
:laugh: Really wade doesnt know anything about loyalty :laugh: wasnt it kobe who asked for a trade while wade NEVER asked for one even when we became a top lottery team. Get the heck outta here with that foolish

yes it was. here's the audio of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIGaKTvBVY&feature=related

SwaggaIke
07-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Haslem is easily one of the most loyal players in the league. He knew what the plot was from day one and he took a backseat. Those offers show his true value to any contending team. All we need is a true 7 footer w/ solid defensive principles & a solid veteran pg. I expect Pat to make something happen in the coming days.

RocketPower2010
07-12-2010, 10:53 PM
For those of you dissing the posters that don't want LeBron at point:
While I agree with you that LeBron has Magic's skills on the offensive end and would indeed make a great point guard, you are forgetting that part of being a PG is to carry the ball up the court on EVERY SINGLE PLAY on EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Let's face it, LeBron is a bit of a diva. He might find this a bit fun at first, but he will grow tired of it eventually. He has the mindset to pass, but not the mindset of labor. Therefore, I still believe that it is best to have Chalmers starting at point, be the laborer, but at crunch time have LeBron be PG.

The Raven
07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
I didnt think he was going to go anywhere else. He has a chance to start on a team that has a good chance at getting back to the finals