PDA

View Full Version : This off season has been good for the NBA because...

Human FlameShld
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I was thinking about this offseason and all the player movement.

With the draft, new coaches, and free agency so far quite a few teams in east are better.

The Sixers, Nets, and probably Knicks when they add some player could all be in or close to the playoffs.

Cleveland may or may not be a playoff team, we'll just how much of a supporting cast Lebron had.

The Bulls, Heat, and Orlando will be better and I see no reason the Celtics will be worse. Heck Atlanta might be better just because they are more experienced.

I think this has been a good or maybe even a great off season for the NBA because I feel that the East is getting stronger and the West is maintaining its strength for the most part. I believe each league will have 3 - 5 teams that could legitimately win the title. I believe the bottom of the East is as good as the bottom of the West but the West will still be considerably stronger in the middle of the pack. But I think its good for a league when both Conferences are strong and close to being the same in strength. Hopefully when they hit the courts I'm proven right.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
it brought more viewers, that is for sure...

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Let's not forget about the Nets signing Johan Petro to a 3 year deal. Biggest signing of the summer IMO.

Jaji
07-12-2010, 03:44 PM
...because LeBron James, the best player in the world, now has a legitimate supporting cast. LeBron winning ships will be good for the NBA.

pd7631
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I was thinking about this offseason and all the player movement.

With the draft, new coaches, and free agency so far quite a few teams in east are better.

The Sixers, Nets, and probably Knicks when they add some player could all be in or close to the playoffs.

Cleveland may or may not be a playoff team, we'll just how much of a supporting cast Lebron had.

The Bulls, Heat, and Orlando will be better and I see no reason the Celtics will be worse. Heck Atlanta might be better just because they are more experienced.

I think this has been a good or maybe even a great off season for the NBA because I feel that the East is getting stronger and the West is maintaining its strength for the most part. I believe each league will have 3 - 5 teams that could legitimately win the title. I believe the bottom of the East is as good as the bottom of the West but the West will still be considerably stronger in the middle of the pack. But I think its good for a league when both Conferences are strong and close to being the same in strength. Hopefully when they hit the courts I'm proven right.

That's something interesting to watch for right there. What if Cleveland does make the playoffs? People have been saying for awhile that the Cavs would be a 20-30 win team without Lebron on the squad.

Immoknight
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
...because LeBron James, the best player in the world, now has a legitimate supporting cast. LeBron winning ships will be good for the NBA.

Uhm... no. Just no. It would kill the NBA if Miami wins a championship. Just think about it for a fraction. That fanbase of 12k - 13 k can't support an organization. It would be better if LA wins, at least their fans show up.

Oh yea, Lebron isn't the best player in the world. That would be the guy in all those commercials, the most interesting man in the world... the man certainly is a player. :) Also, Lebron isn't even the best player on Wade's Team. That would be Wade, given Lebron had to sacrifice himself to get into the big boy club that had Wade and Bosh.

Frankly, this off season was horrible for the NBA. There are few talented players you can build a team around and the NBA just had three of them in one place. That's bad for a product... I am sure if Stern could, he would authorize a fantasy redraft all NBA teams to avoid this happening.