PDA

View Full Version : Udonis Haslem could be key to Heat success?

Lakeshow86
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/07/12/10/Report-Mavs-offer-Haslem-3-year-contract/landing.html?blockID=269769&feedID=3742

According to the article the Mavs are offering the full midlevel to Haslem at 5.8 million. ESPN reported that Heat can only offer him about 4 million. So it will come down to if Udonis is loyal to heat and willing to take nearly 2 million less? I dont think he will. He has a ring already so its not like he's a ring chaser at this point. He's still young so this might not be his last big contract so he will probably be looking at the best place where he can put up the best stats. He will probably get more minutes with the Mavs so that could increase his value when hes free agent again. Id say he be a damn fool to turn down Mavs. If Heat cant get Haslem, I think they can only sign guys to vets min contracts due to salary cap rules. I dont think anyone of Haslems talent level will take vets minimum.

L@ker4Life
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but c'mon Mavs!! lol

h2r09
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
dwyane already took less to keep him here because they are great friends and it was reported on friday that because dwyane did this that after beasley trade goes through sometime early this week that the heat will announce the signing of haslem and mike miller. even riley said that we will have something for haslem early this week.

he isnt going anywhere.

Jonathan2323
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Wade took a small paycut so they could retain Haslem. Haslem was born and raised in Miami, we'll see what happens.

Baseballcb95
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
He will be back... im sure of it

still1ballin
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
go mavs

tonyd3b54
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
key to their success? are they going to have him or bosh play center?

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
:laugh:
Heat players leaving like crazy.

Oakley's Fist
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
key to their success? are they going to have him or bosh play center?

Bosh doesnt want to play center so it would have to be Haslem I assume. Haslem is a beast though, he definitely plays bigger then he is.

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/07/12/10/Report-Mavs-offer-Haslem-3-year-contract/landing.html?blockID=269769&feedID=3742

According to the article the Mavs are offering the full midlevel to Haslem at 5.8 million. ESPN reported that Heat can only offer him about 4 million. So it will come down to if Udonis is loyal to heat and willing to take nearly 2 million less? I dont think he will. He has a ring already so its not like he's a ring chaser at this point. He's still young so this might not be his last big contract so he will probably be looking at the best place where he can put up the best stats. He will probably get more minutes with the Mavs so that could increase his value when hes free agent again. Id say he be a damn fool to turn down Mavs. If Heat cant get Haslem, I think they can only sign guys to vets min contracts due to salary cap rules. I dont think anyone of Haslems talent level will take vets minimum.
wrong again, if he doesnt sign we would then have the 3.8-4 mill we would have used to sing him to give someone else. Besides we have Juwan Howard already lined up to play incase haslem decides to go elsewhere and Jerry stackhouseto help fill the bench as well. no worries.

Ill tell you all one thing though if he does leave, and he is from miami and played college in FL, we will not ***** and cry and bash him for leaving like some of you other fans. stay classy

Dallas Tx4Life
yall raeally think he's gonna resign??? im not so sure they can afford it.. if they could they should spend it on two different people

h2r09
:laugh:
Heat players leaving like crazy.

probably because we have had no use for the 3 that have left.

J O neal is awful and has no knees and could give 2 ***** about winning.

Wright is nice but he was going to get to much money to stay here

q rich is nice but now that we have mike miller and guys like raja bell dieing to come here among others it wasnt worth paying more for him.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
lol hoops advocates sig is badass, i cannot lie

Jonathan2323
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
RicBucher
Anybody else get the impression opposing teams are making a little extra effort to pick off Heat-targeted role players?

I do.

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 02:48 PM
lol hoops advocates sig is badass, i cannot lie

Thank you :D. Im a supporter of granger and the pacers glad you guys worked out a deal with indianapolis to keep the team in the city.

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
RicBucher

I do.

Its funny because besides JO its all of wades personal friends who are getting paid because of it. They are all probably laughing Wade just got them all paid its brilliant.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
If Wade took a paycut and Haslem grew up in Miami, Im sure he'll be returning.

Lakeshow86
07-12-2010, 02:56 PM
RicBucher

I do.

I'm sure the is rest of the league is going to do everything in their power to stop the heat from getting better. They are going to try to stop the best available free agents left( Haslem, Big Z, Raja Bell etc) by giving them more money than the heat can . Hopefully they do and the Heat get nobody else of real value. Hopefully guys like Haslem and big Z say a ring is nice but even if I come to Heat there is no guarantee of a championship because the lakers are still damn good. A ring isnt that important compared to millions of dollars.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm sure the is rest of the league is going to do everything in their power to stop the heat from getting better. They are going to try to stop the best available free agents left( Haslem, Big Z, Raja Bell etc) by giving them more money than the heat can . Hopefully they do and the Heat get nobody else of real value.

Haslem and Big Z bring little value as it is. Raja to the Heat would really hurt though. Lockdown defender and a shooter. God I don't wanna see that.

unleashthebeast
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm sure the is rest of the league is going to do everything in their power to stop the heat from getting better. They are going to try to stop the best available free agents left( Haslem, Big Z, Raja Bell etc) by giving them more money than the heat can . Hopefully they do and the Heat get nobody else of real value.

lol its great that ppl are that afraid at us!!! keep it coming !!

t_money25
07-12-2010, 03:14 PM
lol its great that ppl are that afraid at us!!! keep it coming !!

LOL!!! I'm still amazed at how mad the rest of the world is because a GROWN MAN made a decision on where he wants to work for the next 6 years and no one approves of it. I understand they're mad partly because of the way LeBron did it but it's done!!! Let it go already!!!

What do you do when your favorite player leaves your favorite team? You get a life and move on.....

Jonathan2323
07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
The Mavs don't even need a PF, Cuban is just trying to screw the HEAT.

L@ker4Life
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
^^and I am completely ok with that!!! lol

greek miami hea
he will be back.end of the story

Jonathan2323
Stein_line_hq
add denver to list of teams making strong push for udonis haslem. Sources say nuggets also offering deal starting at $5.8m mle. Link to come

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Well overall im happy for UD regardless hes either getting paid or winning a lot of rings.

Oakley's Fist
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Well overall im happy for UD regardless hes either getting paid or winning a lot of rings.

Im sure youll be singing that tune when he leaves and then guys like Gasol destroy you inside.

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Im sure youll be singing that tune when he leaves and then guys like Gasol destroy you inside.

i will cause im dont feel threatend at all by gasol the lakers,boston, whoever i actually believe in my team and dont feel to the need to post my insecurities in the form of bait threads. nice try though

Magic Bean Fury
07-12-2010, 03:41 PM
The key with Haslem is that if they sign him with 2011-12 as either player or team option, they'll get back his bird rights and then re-sign again without counting against their cap. This would put them over the cap and then they have the MLE, BLE, etc. to continue to build the team. He's def staying in Miami. With Florida's state income tax it's not a big difference in money and next year they'll pay him on par with what his other offers are now. I don't think Haslem is that great a player really but he's better than some of those "one foot out the door" vets and would help the team chemistry in the long run. It takes more than three guys to win.

Catfish1314
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Haslem has spent his entire basketball career in the state of Florida. I can't see him leaving unless it's to the Magic.

Jonathan2323
07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

Just heard from Udonis Haslem. He has turned down far larger deals from the Nuggets and Mavericks . . . and will be back with the Heat!

Hoopsadvocate
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508715

you were saying :dance: Keep talking well continue to prove people wrong im loving it!!!

J_M_B
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Just heard same. Expect formal news shortly. RT @IraHeatBeat: Just heard from UD. He has turned down larger deals from DEN & DAL, back w/Heat
8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds

J_M_B
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Add Udonis to the roster now..

FarOutIos
It seems to me like some good players are getting overpaid now. And some other good players will be left out in the cold when all the money runs dry. I foresee some good talent signing for cheap in a week or so.

Big Zo
http://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat

Suck balls, Mark Cuban! :D

8kobe24
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Any quality FA willing to take >2 million per year is crucial to the heat. Can't win a championship with out solid bench play.

LA_Raiders
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
The CHeat will find a way to keep him, probably throwing some money under the table...

Big Zo
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
The CHeat will find a way to keep him, probably throwing some money under the table...

How... um, "creative." :eyebrow:

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM

for the 5 or 6th time. That guy in your sig pic plays on a team with 20 million more in payroll. Cheats?

FNM BOY
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
^LA Fans make laugh LOLOL

J_M_B
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM

How funny..

the_jon
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
The "paycut" Bosh, Lebron and Wade took is nothing compared to this. Haslem apparently took half of what he could have got from Denver and Dallas(25mill over 4) same years.

I know he was raised there and everything but that is 50 percent of a 25 million dollar contract compared to 15 percent of a 130 million dollar contract.

drama1386
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
man, i really like haslem. i would've loved to see him in a bucks uni but he's where he should be in miami.

@Hoopsadvocate, i'm really enjoyin your posts! let the haters hate. I support the heat. now that LBJ is out of the central division, the bucks have a chance to take it!

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 05:11 PM

:cry:

Zefflin
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Heat got em, plus fish is a laker of coarse.

Zefflin
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
hahah at the miami Cheat