PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Richardson agreed to offer from Orlando Magic

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Quentin Richardson has agreed in principle to a multi-year contract with the Orlando Magic, a league source tells Y! Sports.

king4day
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Quentin Richardson has agreed in principle to a multi-year contract with the Orlando Magic, a league source tells Y! Sports.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Not super breaking news, but this is the second player that had a chance to resign with Miami that will be leaving.
Curious to see how much he's getting in Orlando.
I sense that this means Matt Barnes won't be back either despite the positions they play.

EDIT: Just read it might mean they're not gonna match Reddick

Carey
07-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Not super breaking news, but this is the second player that had a chance to resign with Miami that will be leaving.
I sense that this means Matt Barnes won't be back either despite the positions they play.

That looks to be case

what54!?
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
reddick and barnes are gone then

SANDBURG23
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Bulls are getting Redick, Orlando got there got there replacement. They wont match

ManRam
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Redick is 100% gone now.

I like it...mainly for financial reasons. Q will make probably about 1/3 of what JJ will be making next year, all for about the same production.

I really will miss JJ...but we can't afford him. He'd essentially be a 14 million dollar cap hit next year since we're over the cap. That's more than GS is going to be paying Lee. Just not worth it for us.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Always liked Q alot. I like it even more because J.J. is a Bull!

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Redick is 100% gone now.

I like it...mainly for financial reasons. Q will make probably about 1/3 of what JJ will be making next year, all for about the same production.

I really will miss JJ...but we can't afford him. He'd essentially be a 14 million dollar cap hit next year since we're over the cap. That's more than GS is going to be paying Lee. Just not worth it for us.

but still u guys should have resigned reddick instead of quentin

MagicBucsSox
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
http://howardthedunk.com/2010/07/12/magic-quentin-richard-agree-in-principle-to-multi-year-deal/

read it he's here to replace BARNES not REDICK

Cullksinikers
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
http://howardthedunk.com/2010/07/12/magic-quentin-richard-agree-in-principle-to-multi-year-deal/

That sounds like speculation. Is this site reliable? I want some JJ, hopefully they still can't afford him.

LTBaByyy
Haha all the heat fans said they were gonna get all their players back cause of bird right or the vet minimum, I wouldnt be surprised if Joel was next!!!!! Lol

Were already getting strong consideration from haslem

Carey
Redick is 100% gone now.

Agreed, your gonna get the same production short term with a cheaper player, and actually you'll get better defense.

MagicBucsSox
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
That sounds like speculation. Is this site reliable? I want some JJ, hopefully they still can't afford him.

its an orlando bball sight i followed for yrs, presonally i dont want jj back at that price i perfer R.mASON

S-Dot
Solid player to sign. I respect Otis Smith as a GM. He made an early mistake with the Rashard Lewis signing but he has really improved this team yearly.

MagicBucsSox
agreed, your gonna get the same production short term with a cheaper player, and actually you'll get better defense.

post game too

ManRam
07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
but still u guys should have resigned reddick instead of quentin

We are going to have the highest payroll in the NBA next year probably. Dishing out 7 million a year for JJ (which will actually be double since we're over the cap) is a bit much to ask for.

Howardthedunk is a great blog, but that's just one guy's opinion...with probably now sources behind that thought. It does make sense, but still...JJ has a hefty price tag.

But I do agree that Barnes is 100% gone now. We technically can't sign Barnes now (our MLE is used up). We can technically still sign JJ...it's just gonna cost a ton.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Cool. 3 point shooter around Howard.

carter15
07-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Like the signing. He's probably on par with J.J. and Barnes as an overall player, so we don't lose much talent wise there. It's probably a pretty good deal money wise as well, can't be a bad move, especially since he was on the Heat last year.

ManRam
07-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Solid player to sign. I respect Otis Smith as a GM. He made an early mistake with the Rashard Lewis signing but he has really improved this team yearly.

Without Lewis we don't make the Finals or the ECF last year...and who's to say we could have signed a better max player the next off-season if we didn't sign him? Orlando isn't exactly the most desirable location for FAs.

I won't call it a mistake at all.

Sports Illustrator
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Q is the better player when looking at both ends of the floor. Defensively though, he is much better than Reddick. He will likely come a lot cheaper than Reddick as well. This means Barnes is likely gone as well, which is bad news for the Magic.

mikantsass
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Im not a fan of Q... I think he is terrible. But if he is a JJ replacement then I think he is adequate

ManRam
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I still think JJ's defense is incredibly underrated :shrug:

There is hope we can bring him back. But Barnes is 100% gone now...which does bother me a bit. I loved him.

mikantsass
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Without Lewis we don't make the Finals or the ECF last year...and who's to say we could have signed a better max player the next off-season if we didn't sign him? Orlando isn't exactly the most desirable location for FAs.

I disagree with Rashard's contract. IMO it is the worst contract in the NBA. Other than that, Otis has been great though. Stan Van too

h2r09
07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Q is just n all around good guy and i loved him in just the year the he was here in maimi., solid defender and just a smart player who can knock down the 3 and is passionate about the game and takes it serious. really cant say a bad thing about him but good for him for finally being able to settle down at a place after being traded non stop.

didnt think the heat would be able to resgin him for the minimum anyway. now onto raja bell and udonis and mike miller. lets do it.

ManRam
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I disagree with Rashard's contract. IMO it is the worst contract in the NBA. Other than that, Otis has been great though. Stan Van too

I'm not saying it's a good contract. He's not worth the max. I'm just saying that if we never had signed him, we wouldn't have made it to the Finals or the ECF last year.

Turtle55
07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Really hope this means they won't match Redick. I will be thrilled if he does actually end up in Chicago. Especially considering the other SG options left this summer.

Stunner
07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Joel Anthony gonna sign with the Spurs lol

Allstar21
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM

If Orlando had room they might have been the most desirable place for free agents to go this year. Who wouldn't want to play with a dominate center like Dwight Howard? I remember Wade saying that if he was to pick anyone in the NBA that he would want to play with that it would be Dwight Howard.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
haha Another player that all the heat fans said would be coming back for the min. Just like Dorell Wright. hahahahahaha Haslem is going to Dallas as well. Enjoy your amazing bench Miami.

what54!?
07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
haha Another player that all the heat fans said would be coming back for the min. Just like Dorell Wright. hahahahahaha Haslem is going to Dallas as well. Enjoy your amazing bench Miami.thank you we will :D

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
post game too
:laugh: Hehe.

Jonathan2323
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
haha Another player that all the heat fans said would be coming back for the min. Just like Dorell Wright. hahahahahaha Haslem is going to Dallas as well. Enjoy your amazing bench Miami.

Just wait and see ;)

PrettyBoyJ
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
If they lose reddick it wont be a good move I like Reddick in ORL

still1ballin
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Great pickup. He will fit well with the Magic.

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Great pickup. He will fit well with the Magic.

Just because YOU said that; I love you.

srfr4life
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
If Orlando had room they might have been the most desirable place for free agents to go this year. Who wouldn't want to play with a dominate center like Dwight Howard? I remember Wade saying that if he was to pick anyone in the NBA that he would want to play with that it would be Dwight Howard.

What he's saying is that Orlando as a city doesn't hold a stick to Miami, NY, Chicago, L.A. etc. I was born and raised in Orlando and it's not exactly a glitzy place. Think about this...

You're a young 20 year old in the NBA and you've just started making millions. Where would you want to live. South Beach? Manhattan? L.A.? Orlando is way more family oriented. The only thing we have going for us is the no state income tax (like Miami). We're worried Dwight will see brighter lights somewhere else... like Shaq did!

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Sigh I don't like those move by orlando. Q rich is always injured. And he's not as good as a 3 point shooter as everyone think. First Duhon and now Q rich and possible Al Harrington. Those players aren't winners and i doubt they will help orlando win a championship Since they are a contending team. Not bashing orlando but i seen those guys orlando sign play for a good number of years and all i can say is it's hard to break bad habits.

kblo247
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM

You don't love me? :cry:

Q gives you guys a great 2 way player and can be a blend of Barnes and JJ. If he gets his *** on the block like when he was a Clip you are that much better.

kblo247
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Sigh I don't like those move by orlando. Q rich is always injured. And he's not as good as a 3 point shooter as everyone think. First Duhon and now Q rich and possible Al Harrington. Those players aren't winners and i doubt they will help orlando win a championship Since they are a contending team. Not bashing orlando but i seen those guys orlando sign play for a good number of years and all i can say is it's hard to break bad habits.

Q played 76 games last year and all 5 playoff games.

Duhon has played postseason basketball as a backup, which he should have always been in the first place.

Harrington has played in many playoff games and was the 6th man on the Pacers playoff squads when they were good.

If those 3 or just 2 of the 3 are bench guys you damn sure aren't hurting.

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Al Harrington is not coming anymore, and I doubt he ever was. Don't believe Otis talks. None of us saw Duhon, or Q-Rich coming. Speculation NEVER pointed towards those guys.

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
You don't love me? :cry:

Q gives you guys a great 2 way player and can be a blend of Barnes and JJ. If he gets his *** on the block like when he was a Clip you are that much better.

:love:

kblo247
07-12-2010, 03:10 PM
:love:

That is more like it, until LA plays Orlando at least :cheers:

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
:cheers:

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 03:22 PM
i will definitely miss him

still1ballin
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM

:)

Rivera
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
GOATis is back at it again

lmao just a thought

remember when QRich was the man wit DMiles and they used to do the head pound !!!!! i still have his LAC jersey in my closet i had the sickest kicks 2 go with those!

MagicBucsSox
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
:laugh: Hehe.
?

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
?

You said post game too...So I laughed, because I remembered him calling out Paul Pierce.

footballer2369
07-12-2010, 04:38 PM
he's got a nice post game and he can hit the 3 in bunches and can defend (not against long SFs who just shoot over him though)...

you'll like him a lot magic fans

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Does this mean Matt Barnes won't return?

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Does this mean Matt Barnes won't return?

That's what it means.

D Roses Bulls
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM

I wouldn't discount the magic still bringing back reddick or barnes. the owner has shown he will spend money, but they do need to bring back one of those guys. richardson is a solidguy, but he doesnt play defense like reddick or barnes does. and whats up with people saying we dont need to resign reddick or barnes cause it will be too expensive. first of all, its not your money your spending and second of all the owner of the magic is one of the richest men in the united states. he can afford it.

Mplsman
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Give it up Q

RadiantShot
07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
No, Barnes is gone. That's it.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_news_071210.html

The Magic offered what they had left of the mid-level exception -- roughly $2.6 million for next season -- to Barnes, a starter for 58 games last season. But Barnes was looking for a more lucrative and longer deal for a player considered an ace defender and one who averaged 10.1 points and 6.0 rebounds last season.

*Superman*
07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Adios. Have fun taking the Minimum in Miami.