PDA

View Full Version : If Fisher Leaves, Sessions Knows Triangle

gr824
07-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Minnesota is looking to trade Ramon Sessions, a PG who played 21 MPG in the Timberwolves' triangle offense last season ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnaNzvizdZvp8x1_VBErL.28vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz071110

If Fisher bolts to Miami [ unlikely ], trading for Sessions could be an emergency backup plan to buffer the blow of a Derek departure. Sessions plays some solid defense and can do everything else required of a PG in the Lakers' version of the triangle, except he is not a decent 3-point shooter at all [ 18% for his career ] ...

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Holy crap why are we not just trading for him right now then??? Mitch should be all over this!

Ahh nevermind he's not really that great of a shooter.

MALOSOS
07-12-2010, 02:02 PM
fish aint going no where!!!! if kobe wants him back he will be back trust me

Rocco007
07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't pay that much for a PG with Blake on Board...Blake is a starter in this league...

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't pay that much for a PG with Blake on Board...Blake is a starter in this league...

Yeah, I agree on Blake. That's why I feel really good about the Fisher negotiations. We've got a back-up plan already in place. On Sessions, IDK honestly. I can't say I really know much at all about his game. I'm not really all that excited about his 3 point percentage. That's' gross!

kblo247
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
The reason Sessions and Jefferson are being shopped is because they don't fit in the triangle

Young$avage
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
According to hoopshype, Fish is about to sign with Lakers. 2 year deal.

EXTRAWON
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I agree on Blake. That's why I feel really good about the Fisher negotiations. We've got a back-up plan already in place. On Sessions, IDK honestly. I can't say I really know much at all about his game. I'm not really all that excited about his 3 point percentage. That's' gross!

Yeah that's a bad percentage...but........he can go to the rack with the best of them. Having a gaurd besides Kobe that can hurt the opposition with dribble penetration would be a refreshing change of pace. We haven't had that component in a while. Most importantly, Sessions plays D...we need an on ball gaurd defender.

gr824
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
The reason Sessions and Jefferson are being shopped is because they don't fit in the triangle

Do you have a Rambis quote to support that assumption ?

What I have read indicates that Kahn is merely continuing on with his seemingly endless quest to collect [ and turn over ] PGs. He drafted three last year [ turned one over and failed to get his hands on another ] and now he seems infatuated with getting either Ridnour or Livingston [ probably bidding them up in the process ] and has become dissatisfied with Session's contract [ though evidently not his play ] and wants to dump it onto someone else so he can have more $$$s to toy with in free agency ...

Now, I will grant you that Sessions does not shoot 3s well [ as I mentioned above, he has hit less that 18% lifetime ], but he does not shoot many either [ 56 total in 3 seasons :speechless: ]. Every other skill required for the triangle he has, unless, of course, Kurt knows him to be a dummy beyond 'coachability' ... But that is something I have not heard or read, nor is it something I have personally observed in Session's play on the court ...

Vinylman
07-12-2010, 02:54 PM

what praytell is that?

sasha?

this whole fisher conversation is as stupid as the people who last year said we should let odom walk...

we let odom walk last year we wouldn't have won the 2nd ship

we let fisher go... we don't win a third... simple as that...

And for everyone who is so on Blake's nuts lets remember... he didn't get it done as a STARTER in Portland... they were so unhappy with him that they went out and got another stone age era veteran to take his place...

the guy is an adequate player off the bench but has proven he CAN'T start in this league.

kblo247
07-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Do you have a Rambis quote to support that assumption ?

What I have read indicates that Kahn is merely continuing on with his seemingly endless quest to collect [ and turn over ] PGs. He drafted three last year [ turned one over and failed to get his hands on another ] and now he seems infatuated with getting either Ridnour or Livingston [ probably bidding them up in the process ] and has become dissatisfied with Session's contract [ though evidently not his play ] and wants to dump it onto someone else so he can have more $$$s to toy with in free agency ...

Now, I will grant you that Sessions does not shoot 3s well [ as I mentioned above, he has hit less that 18% lifetime ], but he does not shoot many either [ 56 total in 3 seasons :speechless: ]. Every other skill required for the triangle he has, unless, of course, Kurt knows him to be a dummy beyond 'coachability' ... But that is something I have not heard or read, nor is it something I have personally observed in Session's play on the court ...

No I based it on listening to Kamla, who is the know it all when it comes to his Wolves.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
what praytell is that?

sasha?

this whole fisher conversation is as stupid as the people who last year said we should let odom walk...

we let odom walk last year we wouldn't have won the 2nd ship

we let fisher go... we don't win a third... simple as that...

And for everyone who is so on Blake's nuts lets remember... he didn't get it done as a STARTER in Portland... they were so unhappy with him that they went out and got another stone age era veteran to take his place...

the guy is an adequate player off the bench but has proven he CAN'T start in this league.

First off why not Sasha? He can handle the ball and is a natural shooter.

I'd much rather have Blake/Sasha than Fisher/Farmar

Second, yes Blake was not the ideal point guard for Portland but that doesn't mean he isn't the ideal point guard for us. Blake was most likely benched because he isn't a natural play maker. He is a shooter which is why he fits. Obviously the FO saw something in him to offer that contract as quickly as they did and obviously they must see something in Fisher that you don't to not maintain him at all costs. If Fish leaves then I guarantee the FO has a back up plan, and if not then playing hardball clearly worked and they won out in the end.

gr824
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
No I based it on listening to Kamla, who is the know it all when it comes to his Wolves.

I will go with my assessment ... But thanks anyway ... :cool:

:D :D :D

Lakersfan2483
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
D. Fish will be back in a Lakers uniform.

nanablvd
07-12-2010, 10:04 PM
The Wolves are looking for salary dumps by trading Sessions so that they can get Ridnours. The Lakers dont have any trade exceptions and the Wolves wont essentially shed salaries by getting any of the Lakers' player(s) back.