PDA

View Full Version : CP3 allegedly hints at forming his own 'Big 3' in NY

Raps08-09 Champ
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
According to a person who spoke with wedding attendee Amar'e Stoudemire, Paul made the reference during a speech of a potential union of himself, Stoudemire and Anthony, saying, "We'll form our own Big 3," Paul allegedly said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/me_amar_and_melo_BU8MzS41wIdwRYLU1D7NTJ#ixzz0tUKw3 veE

Imagine how nice the East would be.

:drool:

Sadds The Gr8
07-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I hope this doesnt happen...I wouldn't wanna play this team 4 times a year.

blastmasta26
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't agree with a big 3, I think it's bad for the NBA if only two teams are competitive every year. But in this case, there's already a big 3 in Miami and sort of one in LA, so we might as well go that way IF we can.

HoopsDrive
07-12-2010, 01:24 PM
The NBA is getting better and better... superteams are the way to go. CP3-Melo-STAT dayuum.

hgtiger32
07-12-2010, 01:25 PM
hahah oooo boy here we go again...

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh
Knicks- Amare, CP3, Anthony
Bulls- Rose, Noah, Boozer
Magic- Dwight, Lewis, Nelson
Bucks- Jennings, Bogut, Salmons

Sounds like a pretty decent looking east.

blastmasta26
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Knicks-Heat would be a great ECF if this happened though.

ShakeN'Bake
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh

You really think that ranks near those other sets of three?:eyebrow:

Raps08-09 Champ
07-12-2010, 01:36 PM
You really think that ranks near those other sets of three?:eyebrow:

:laugh:

He doesn't even have KG, Ray, Pierce and Rondo there.

jrm2054
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh

:clap::clap: few years away man replace it with bostons 3

Sixerlover
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
You really didn't place Salmons in there did you? I hope I didn't read that correctly.

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM
A lot of things would have to happen before this can even be realistic.

spreadeagle
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
It really pisses me off this trend of players still under contract with other teams and making tons of cash "hinting" of leaving and going to one of the big major markets.Hey CP3 and Melo why not man up and say im gunna be the man on my team and take it to the miami dream team.I saw Noah of the bulls say he wasnt worried bout Miami and you could tell he couldnt wait to face LBJ..Real compeditor right there!

ugafan
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Johnson-Smith-Horford?

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Damn CP3, Melo and Amare. It's nice in terms of name value but really really really lacks on the defensive side. Of course we'd have to wait and see who else they throw out there.

Jaji
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
I think that would be good for the NBA.

Swashcuff
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
The NBA is getting better and better... superteams are the way to go. CP3-Melo-STAT dayuum.

This.... I really hope Philly can somehow get a Legit PF and C cheaply.

Swashcuff
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh

sigh

you are joking right?

I mean where's Kobe, Pau, Lamar

where's Rondo, Pierce Garnett/Allen

where's Horford, Smith, Johnson

I mean any of those are far and above the bucks' threesome

Sports Illustrator
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
A lot of things would have to happen before this can even be realistic.

I have to agree 100%.

For the Knicks, making a trade for one of Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony sounds more realistic as long as they really want to play for NY. Anything can happen in two years.

bahama0811
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
If Melo signs his extension than this is all for nothing.

todu82
07-12-2010, 02:01 PM
This would be bad for the NBA, having to many good players on a few teams is bad for the game.

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
The thought of it is very intriguing...

But, the Knicks don't have the assets to pull of two blockbuster deals like that...

Unless the Hornets and Nuggets are willing to take an absolute *** raping in each of their respective trades, this isn't likely going to happen...

Not only that, even if Walsh pulled a miracle at the Garden and landed those two, they have more chemistry issues than Boston or Miami...

Alot more personality in that trio than Boston's three or Miami's three...

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Lolz at Salmons being a big 3 :facepalm:

Rose, Boozer, Noah

Wade, Lebron, Bosh

CP3, Melo, Stat

thats ugly the west will be so weak it hurts :P

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
As a die-hard Knicks fan, Im tired of us looking forward to the next offseason.

It seems the league is making a shift towards building around big free agents instead of drafting solid players and building good chemistry

If this trend continues, the NBA will be full of a few good big market teams and alot struggling small market teams, which is sad as a true basketball fan.

Jaji
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM
This big 3 thing is getting old quick. Milwaukee has a big 3 now lol? Maybe me, my brother and my cousin should make our own big 3. Apparently the 3 don't even have to be stars, much less superstars.

nystandup
07-12-2010, 02:07 PM
melo can be signed in the offseason if he doesnt take that extension

Swashcuff
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM

It seems the league is making a shift towards building around big free agents instead of drafting solid players and building good chemistry

If this trend continues, the NBA will be full of a few good big market teams and alot struggling small market teams, which is sad as a true basketball fan.

dude i am a die hard cubs fan

feel any better? :(

Sly Guy
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
if it were to happen, I think I'd rather have the knicks projected 'big 3' than miami. I just have faith in a pass first PG when egos this big are involved.

LTS
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
The bucks one is laughable but Atlanta and Boston should be on there obviously with 3 teams a head above the rest

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
dude i am a die hard cubs fan

feel any better? :(

you win that one

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
melo can be signed in the offseason if he doesnt take that extension

We're in the offseason lol...

Honestly, STAT has always been about just that... His stats... Give him one season of being " the man " and then try to take his touches away by acquiring Paul and Anthony... He isn't going to be the happiest camper in the forest, regardless of what words come out of his mouth...

If he couldn't win a championship with Marion, Nash, Barbosa, and Bell all in their prime; he isn't winning a championship with Paul and Anthony...

spreadeagle
07-12-2010, 02:12 PM

SO TRUE ya its great lets have 4 big teams and 20 something other teams with 0 shot at winning.Thats called the MLB,I always loved the parody from year to year in the NBA you never knew who was gunna win.For the next 5 years its LA or Miami.....great :(

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
I would love that

Chronz
07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Its the 80s all over again

nanablvd
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
the nba is starting to get a little out of control. Changes for that matter are expected in their next CBA that will be discussed in a year.

Jeff559
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
In miami, all three are gonna have to take less money to make it work i think. amare got max contract, so it would be hard if not impossible to sign all three when the time comes.

papirico52
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Brand - Iggy - Turner :cool: -----------------------------------------------------------------:laugh2:

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
the nba is starting to get a little out of control. Changes for that matter are expected in their next CBA that will be discussed in a year.

The NBA is out of control because Chris Paul made a comment and James, Bosh, and Wade all bought into something bigger than themselves to win a championship ???

I don't agree...

The beauty of being in America is that you have the right to choose what interests you more money, family, success, benefits or something off the chart...

James, Bosh, and Wade decided to take a whole lot less money to be part of a potential champion...

The only thing the NBA could do is to try and tell players where they are going to play... It would not pass the negotiating stage and even if the NBA did this, the NBA would cease to exist and they would be a whole lot of NBA players bolting for Europe...

Sly Guy
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
The NBA is out of control because Chris Paul made a comment and James, Bosh, and Wade all bought into something bigger than themselves to win a championship ???

I don't agree...

The beauty of being in America is that you have the right to choose what interests you more money, family, success, benefits or something off the chart...

James, Bosh, and Wade decided to take a whole lot less money to be part of a potential champion...

The only thing the NBA could do is to try and tell players where they are going to play... It would not pass the negotiating stage and even if the NBA did this, the NBA would cease to exist and they would be a whole lot of NBA players bolting for Europe...

the nba isn't a free country. It's a dictatorship. If you ever doubt that, look no further than the tyrant Stern, who's in charge of it all.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM
the nba isn't a free country. It's a dictatorship. If you ever doubt that, look no further than the tyrant Stern, who's in charge of it all.

I dont think Ive ever seen a less powerful dictator

blacknell
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
why doesn't anybody wanna play with dirk in dallas

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
soon, theres gonna be an even bigger discrepency between the good and bad teams....

lebron,wade,bosh

paul,amare,melo

then its gonna be what, durant to the lakers?!?!?!

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
why doesn't anybody wanna play with dirk in dallas

its not that no one wants to play with him, its that cuban just keeps making mediocre trades instead of pulling that big trigger.....

except for that one point guard that we had that was getting pretty good... whats his name??? OH YEAH, DEVIN HARRIS.. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

i will never forgive mark cuban for that

bringinwood
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I dont think Ive ever seen a less powerful dictator

I agree wholeheartedly...

The power is with the players union and owners... This is exactly where it belongs to... The players are the meat and potatos while the owners are the chefs...

The commissioner is the crossing guard in front of the restaurant...

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 02:54 PM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh

OKC says.......COME ON! :box:

Baller1
07-12-2010, 03:11 PM
It's all good.

The Thunder are forming a super team right before our eyes, and doing it the right way.

Durant-Westbrook-Green.

The best part; the Thunder aren't going to have to fish for role players to surround their three, because they're all already on the roster.

Yes, I'm a homer but I'm right, so **** off. :D

Russell_Roberts
07-12-2010, 03:31 PM
that'll be nice for them 3 in to on the same team

TheWrightStuff5
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
It's all good.

The Thunder are forming a super team right before our eyes, and doing it the right way.

Durant-Westbrook-Green.

The best part; the Thunder aren't going to have to fish for role players to surround their three, because they're all already on the roster.

Doesn't matter if you are or aren't a homer. You are absolutely 110% right.

Method28
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
SO TRUE ya its great lets have 4 big teams and 20 something other teams with 0 shot at winning.Thats called the MLB,I always loved the parody from year to year in the NBA you never knew who was gunna win.For the next 5 years its LA or Miami.....great :(

You mean like when Jordan's Bulls were winning? Or Magic's Lakers? Yeah that was horrible for basketball.

And baseball has a pretty good amount of turnover as far as championships.

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 03:48 PM
It's all good.

Durant-Westbrook-Green.

Absolutely....:cool:

pistonsfanomg
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM

lol

PatsSoxKnicks
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
If this were to happen, unlike the Heat's big 3, the Knicks would have role players to go along with their big 3.

Presumably the best way to make this happen is wait for next year's offseason, sign Melo outright (the Knicks will have cap space) and then trade for CP3 (doesn't matter if they go over the cap as long as the salaries match). Then extend CP3.

Felton+Randolph+Chandler+1st round picks for CP3- Felton would be on an expiring contract, and NO would get Randolph and Chandler as 2 pieces for the future. Randolph would obviously be the centerpiece of this deal.

This would allow them to keep some role players (Gallo, Azibuke, Turiaf, Douglas, Rautins, + whoever they're drafting this year etc.).

Yeah it sounds like a pipe dream but as a Knicks fan, this is all we've had for the past 10 years. Kind of sad. I'm hoping we make the playoffs this year though.

Yanks All Day
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM

Well, that's 4. But I see what you're saying in terms of sets of big time players.

LionBryan
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
People are forgetting Stuckey - Jerebko - Monroe!

Baller1
07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Doesn't matter if you are or aren't a homer. You are absolutely 110% right.

Thank you sir.

kjoke
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM

but not for teams like minny or clippers

PraiseJesus
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Still not close to Dwade + LeBron + Bosh

Not even in the same stratosphere

What happened this offseason will never happen again

Raoul Duke
07-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, lets just every player who's worth a damn and put them all on the same three or four teams. That'll be soooo much fun to watch for 82 games.

nuggetsyankees
07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
the NBA is going downhill right now...the good teams become great and the bad teams become worse

MelanconMadness
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Paul
Anthony
Gallinari
Stoudimire
Randolph

Thats probably the best 5 in the game right there. I give it a 10% chance of happening though

Bruno
07-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Damn all the talent in the west wants to move east! I'm all for it.

heatfan03
07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
more like forming a "mini 3" carmello durant amare <<<<< wade bosh lebron. would still create a good rivalry though with the knicks most likely having a better supporting cast.

C-ross12
07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Mine as well start cutting teams from the league then. View the NBA much like a country. A country excells when the majority form the middle class, not Lower class. Same applies to the NBA. Big stars comming together means teams on the bottem get worst. Teams getting worst = less fans comming to watch the games. I dont think I need to break it down any more.

Right Round
07-12-2010, 06:27 PM
This would create an awesome NY/Miami rivalry, but I doubt Paul said this, especially considering he has two years left on his deal.

LTS
07-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Stat would normally be a weak link but CP3 would make him a beast I think it would be good to give miami competition but I wish it werent with the Knicks

BayHuStLE
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Omg

jlisec01
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
awesome, i think it would be sweet, the eastern conference would be fierce, probably expect it to be close just like it is in the western. its interesting how things are changing in the nba, top players joining a team regardless of pay just to win a championship, very interesting.

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 12:53 AM
i have read articles that ny might land their own big 3 in signing carmelo next offseason and maybe trading for paul or signing him in 2 years...do u think this will be a better big 3 then the heat have..there are arguments for better or worse...share your thoughts

ChiSox219
07-13-2010, 12:55 AM
CP3
---SG
Carmelo
---PF
Dwight

They'd smash the Heat

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
CP3
---SG
Carmelo
---PF
Dwight

They'd smash the Heat

where did dwight come from

Twolves88
07-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Please lock this thread.... I'm so sick of hearing about new york's cap space and another potential big 3.... + we already had this thread

mark1125
07-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Please lock this thread.... I'm so sick of hearing about new york's cap space and another potential big 3.... + we already had this thread

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 12:59 AM

no one is asking u to look at it and post on it...im just asking if its at all possible and if ppl think itll be a contender to beat out the heat if it comes down to that

KingOf215
07-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Defense wins championships, and Carmello & Amare in a D'Antoni system doesn't sound promising. Still, would love to see it happen. The Big 3 Battles between NYK, MIA & C's would be very entertaining.

x23cbru24x
07-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Defense wins championships, and Carmello & Amare in a D'Antoni system doesn't sound promising. Still, would love to see it happen. The Big 3 Battles between NYK, MIA & C's would be very entertaining.

thats the only concern with the D but im sure theyll score 110+ a game

Twolves88
07-13-2010, 01:03 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508614

read here

or here

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508180

/thread

ChiSox219
07-13-2010, 01:03 AM
where did dwight come from

Him and CP3 both can opt out after '11-12

NY just has to find a way to dump their $100 million blunder, which is probably going to be more difficult than signing Carmelo, Paul, and Dwight.

Also, Phil Jackson will return from his year off to coach this squad and go for his fifth three peat.

KingOf215
07-13-2010, 01:06 AM
thats the only concern with the D but im sure theyll score 110+ a game

Well.. even if this was the 'only' concern, it's a pretty damn big one. You can't expect run up the score every night, especially in the playoffs. That philosophy isn't gonna win you any championships... it'll be entertaining though.

RulerSlick
07-13-2010, 01:10 AM

NY just has to find a way to dump their $100 million blunder, which is probably going to be more difficult than signing Carmelo, Paul, and Dwight.

Also, Phil Jackson will return from his year off to coach this squad and go for his fifth three peat.

pipe dreams:D:facepalm:

OA SLAY
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
how bout we see how this new roster performs before we start talkin about retooling. /thread

Raps08-09 Champ
07-13-2010, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't mind being beat by these guys as long as they came to T.Dot twice a year.

idrinkpepsi
07-13-2010, 02:08 AM

I agree, the East would be looking very nice.

ldc62
07-13-2010, 02:11 AM
I doubt this happens.

Apophis
07-13-2010, 03:20 AM
if Melo doesnt sign his extension.. Watch him come to the Knicks... Would be nice to add either CP3 or Deron Williams...

Afridi786
07-13-2010, 03:21 AM
That would be great, than Lebron can try and get traded there.

lakerfan3118
07-13-2010, 03:48 AM
...fiscally impossible.

NYKnickFanatic
07-13-2010, 04:00 AM
...fiscally impossible.

:eyebrow:

_KB24_
07-13-2010, 04:18 AM
CP3, Melo, and Amare would **** on the Heat. Unlike Miami with two ball handlers like Bron and Wade, CP3 would have the ball in his hands and look for Amare and Melo to make movements.

I can already see it, CP3 running the high pick-and-roll with Amare and then imagine his options: A) Take it the rim
B) Alley-oop to Amare cutting in
C) Kick it out to Melo for the open 3

:speechless:

JayW_1023
07-13-2010, 04:54 AM
I am sick of all these big threes.

J-Relo
07-13-2010, 05:05 AM
just talks...

has Lebron already signed in New York?

Master Mind
07-13-2010, 05:41 AM
A lot can happen in a 2 year span let alone 1 year--ask NY...I do expect Melo to join the Knicks but CP3, if not traded for will probably not be there imo. And even if they got that big 3, Miami would still be too powerful...

The Raven
07-13-2010, 05:53 AM
These super teams are really tiring to hear about

The Raven
07-13-2010, 05:54 AM
These super teams shouldnt even be allowed to happen..

Apophis
07-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Can you imagine if the 3,4, and 5 were Melo, Stat and Howard...lol It wont happen but that would be NUTS....

ee
07-13-2010, 06:01 AM
i have read articles that ny might land their own big 3 in signing carmelo next offseason and maybe trading for paul or signing him in 2 years...do u think this will be a better big 3 then the heat have..there are arguments for better or worse...share your thoughts

as you know, articles means **** nowadays, they're all speculations.....they change every day....

mlisica19
07-13-2010, 06:40 AM
I think its funny that everyone believes new york can do all this. For 2 years everyone here in NY really thought Lebron was coming and now you think your getting paul and c melo. Plus where did dwight come from when you have Amare?

I am also sick of the big 3 talks, I mean the threads are fun (if u don't think so stop wasting ur time on here) but the fact that teams think waiting for a big gold rush in FA is the proper way to manage a team is horrible. I mean I'm a nets fan, we all hoped for a big signing or two but were not relying on it. I'm relying on the nets draft and youth and new coach to get the job done.

Also keep this in mind.

Cmelo is very happy playing on a competitive orginazation with stars like billups and a good coach that there are talks for a huge contract extensuon this year.
Dwight is the center of attention and stratergy down in orlando who is also very competitive and gets better all the time.
Chris paul might be traded, after what happened with lebron why would any GM or owner let wht happened to clev happen to them. All their looking for is a 3pt shooter, a star and a draft pick. Lucky for nets if they want they can do, same for the knicks but they have to give up gallo and. Adraft pick lol.

At the same time, iafter what miami did I hope ny or any team can do the same and better but sadly a team coached by Dantoni can only fail even with an injured prone PG-an elderly Center-and cmelo.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2010, 07:18 AM

WORST post of the day!:facepalm:

The trio would be Amare, CP3 and Melo

And they can't dump 100 millions in 1 year lol

Phil Jackson retires after this year:facepalm:

Niro
07-13-2010, 07:30 AM

Heat-MJ, Mike Miller, Adam Morrison

Fixed.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-13-2010, 07:53 AM
sigh

you are joking right?

I mean where's Kobe, Pau, Lamar

where's Rondo, Pierce Garnett/Allen

where's Horford, Smith, Johnson

I mean any of those are far and above the bucks' threesome

since when did la move to the east???:facepalm:

and also the bucks may not have a big there but they dont need it they got a deep sqaud and alot of good n solid talent n bogut n jennings are a very nice combo

alencp3
07-13-2010, 08:25 AM
CP3 for MVP!

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 08:34 AM
WORST post of the day!:facepalm:

The trio would be Amare, CP3 and Melo

And they can't dump 100 millions in 1 year lol

Phil Jackson retires after this year:facepalm:

how are knicks 100mil in cap? last i checked they were 2-3 mil under the cap 58mil :eyebrow:

Fuddrucka
07-13-2010, 08:37 AM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh

How do you have the Bucks- Jennings, Bogut, Salmons ahead of
Celtics- KG, The Truth and Jesus or even the Hawks
Hawks- J.J., Josh Smith, Al Horford:eyebrow:

What ever your smoking put a brother on please!!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-13-2010, 08:47 AM
how are knicks 100mil in cap? last i checked they were 2-3 mil under the cap 58mil :eyebrow:

The guy who quoted was saying 100 millions lol

But you guys can only sign Melo cause of Curry's expiring.
If you want CP3 you have to make a trade to get him.

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 08:50 AM
He should force a trade to Portland, there would be a big 3 there.

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
The guy who quoted was saying 100 millions lol

But you guys can only sign Melo cause of Curry's expiring.
If you want CP3 you have to make a trade to get him.

yup but honestly it's all fantasy media hype .. donnie's goal was to get under cap by 2010 but media hyped it to lebron or bust now melo and cp3 is there next target

sixer04fan
07-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Guys, the Sixers are gonna dominate with their own big three:

Willie Green, Andres Nocioni, Spencer Hawes

Just gives us the title now please.

Phantomrider
07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
How do you have the Bucks- Jennings, Bogut, Salmons ahead of
Celtics- KG, The Truth and Jesus or even the Hawks
Hawks- J.J., Josh Smith, Al Horford:eyebrow:

What ever your smoking put a brother on please!!!
Even without Bogut we took the Hawks to Seven. Imagine if Bogut was there chewing Horford a new one each time down court. Only two players on that team have any heart.

Da Knicks
07-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Man that would be some playoffs in the east!

kobebabe
07-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Heat-Wade, James, Bosh
Bucks- Jennings, Bogut, SalmonsSounds like a pretty decent looking east.

:facepalm:
not at present. may be whe kg n company get washed up

Karnivore
07-13-2010, 10:55 AM
guys, the sixers are gonna dominate with their own big three:

Willie green, andres nocioni, spencer hawes

just gives us the title now please.

yes.

KnicksR4Real
07-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Please may this happen

69centers
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Like I said before. Miami set the ball rolling of a new NBA consisting of only 4 teams. When all the best players load up over 4 teams, what fun is it for the rest of the NBA and their cities to get consistently beat every season?

Just drop the other 26 and have a traveling 4 team league.

Da Knicks
07-13-2010, 11:07 AM
A lot can happen in a 2 year span let alone 1 year--ask NY...I do expect Melo to join the Knicks but CP3, if not traded for will probably not be there imo. And even if they got that big 3, Miami would still be too powerful...

lol i dont know about that its all speculation but the knicks with those three would not be a bad team. Pretty scary team imo.:D

HouRealCoach
07-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Heat vs. Knicks... Maybe now alot of other teams will try to use their money to get better instead of just paying players to do ****

uws
07-13-2010, 11:13 AM
the rivalry would be great for the NBA, but super teams are not IMO. im the biggest knick fan around and I guess id be happy if this happens, but i really dont like the idea of it for the NBA, it makes it impossible for anyone to win unless they plan for it and build a 3 star team, less lopsided leagues are better to watch IMO because teams can come surprise you (such as the MLB this year ie. padres) but in the NBA you are almost exactly as good on paper as in real life

CowboysKB24
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
It would be great, but I don't think CP3, Melo, and STAT even compare to Wade, LBJ, and Bosh. It is close, but the Heat trio is still far better.

I'd take
LBJ>MELO
WADE>CP3
BOSH>STAT