PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else upset that Jesse Jackson came out the woodworks to bash Dan Glibert???

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 01:11 PM
CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract.

-- Rev. Jesse Jackson on Cavs owner Dan Gilbert's comments about LeBron James

Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.

Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined comment.

Jesse should have shut up on this one!!

Vidball
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Highest paid "slave" that I've ever heard of. Nice try though.

VIP1349
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm angry when Jesse Jackson comes out of the wood works any time.

J4KOP99
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
That's his job though. Whenever he can spin something as racism, or a black v white thing, he tries to. Good thing is, nowadays, nobody really listens anymore.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Its funny that this guy stated that he wanted to cut Obama's nuts off and made racism remarks against Jews.... I hope no one comes on here stating that JJ is a hero or anything

Lo Porto
07-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Racism goes away if people stop talking about it and looking for it. Jesse Jackson does more to hurt his race than help.

GSRaider
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Nope... I don't have a problem with him voicing HIS opinion...

MFFL==FML
07-12-2010, 01:25 PM

Voicing leads to action. I assume you love Hitler too? Ironic isn't it?

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM

HIs opinion is way off, you dont think it places false notions in people's mind?? especially on such a frivolous topic...

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
one thing is with this type stuff is unless you're african american you cant really understand. Jesse jackson could have used better words but essentially he is correct, alot of black people were thinking the samething. Gilbert was out of line, lebron honored his contract and was and free agent meaning he had no team a could choose where he wanted to work it was his right. Gilbert made it seem like he owned james and that james betrayed him by choosing someone other than the cavs. Gilbert own the Cavs not lebron. And the thing that gets me is all the negative stuff the media is sayin about these 3 for teaming up, i bet if it had been steve nash, david lee, and dirk going to play in phx everyone would be fine with it but since its wade, lebron, and bosh they are hated by pretty much everyone except heat fans.

Allstar21
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Even though i think Jesse Jackson is crazy...people cannot deny that he makes a really good point.

I doubt if Lebron was white that any of the hate would be seeping from "fans".

BOSTON617
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
lol i love the slave part tho... guy makes so much money... i wish i was a slave like lebron :/

Max Power
07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
If LeBron was white and happened to be from the Cleveland area, would Gilbert have written the same thing?

Yes. It isn't about race untill Reverend Publicity Whore comes around to stir it up.

And as I stated before if $15mil a year = Slave, sign me up!

Draco
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Even though i think Jesse Jackson is crazy...people cannot deny that he makes a really good point.

people are color bling when it comes to forming an opinion about douchebags.

ShakeN'Bake
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM

Are you serious?:facepalm:

jrm2054
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
one thing is with this type stuff is unless you're african american you cant really understand. Jesse jackson could have used better words but essentially he is correct, alot of black people were thinking the samething. Gilbert was out of line, lebron honored his contract and was and free agent meaning he had no team a could choose where he wanted to work it was his right. Gilbert made it seem like he owned james and that james betrayed him by choosing someone other than the cavs. Gilbert own the Cavs not lebron. And the thing that gets me is all the negative stuff the media is sayin about these 3 for teaming up, i bet if it had been steve nash, david lee, and dirk going to play in phx everyone would be fine with it but since its wade, lebron, and bosh they are hated by pretty much everyone except heat fans.
not really gilberts remarks were stupid not racist jj is just a attention whore who trys to get his nose in ****

Cromedome
07-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Racism goes away if people stop talking about it and looking for it. Jesse Jackson does more to hurt his race than help.

:facepalm:

dnewguy
07-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Jesse Jackson is a race baiter and I get mad when people think he and Al Sharpton are the voicee of black folks, that's so far from the truth. I think the problem we have is how we perceive things on both sides, black folks always try to distance themselves from characters like Jesse and Al but the media keeps paying more attention to them....and also you have white folks on the other side watching characters like Glenn Beck and listening to folks like Limbaugh....and giving them celebrity status, and at the same time criticize black folks that act alike. Hypocrisy is our problem when it comes to race. Foxnews is highest rated news station, Rush Limbaugh has highest number of listeners and Glenn Beck is always #1 NY best seller....lol. White people, clean your house first.

Max Power
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM

Yeah...because Cleveland fans, to this day,aren't still booing Jim Thome for leaving.

Oh wait, they do still boo Thome. Nice try, though.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
If LeBron was white and happened to be from the Cleveland area, would Gilbert have written the same thing?

Yes. It isn't about race untill Reverend Publicity Whore comes around to stir it up.

And as I stated before if $15mil a year = Slave, sign me up!

do you really know that? and the media by itself is crazy. when steve nash left dallas did the fans all around hate him? did the media try to make it seem like he had commited a crime? there was nothing said by the media for nash leaving but lebron leaves and suddenly he gets viewed like hes accused of rape.

jrm2054
07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
white and black people are ******** we should all dye ourselfs pink

BcEuAbRsS
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM
yeah...because cleveland fans, to this day,aren't still booing jim thome for leaving.

Oh wait, they do still thome. Nice try, though.

this!

Draco
07-12-2010, 01:41 PM
do you really know that? and the media by itself is crazy. when steve nash left dallas did the fans all around hate him? did the media try to make it seem like he had commited a crime? there was nothing said by the media for nash leaving but lebron leaves and suddenly he gets viewed like hes accused of rape.

completely different situation for obvious reasons.

Twins Fanatic
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Dan Gilbert CLEARY voiced his opinion, i think everyone else has the right to.

ShakeN'Bake

Did Steve Nash have his own special? Is Steve Nash in love with himself and self promotion?

jrm2054
Nash wasnt close to lebrons level of fame thats why. Nash wasn't half of dallas's economy and gilbert is just a mornon. Also the reason is lebron went to miami if he had gone anywhere else it wouldnt have been this bad. People just think the took the easy road.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
not really gilberts remarks were stupid not racist jj is just a attention whore who trys to get his nose in ****

no one said they were racist, all that was said is the way gilbert responded to lebron leaving shows he thought he owned lebron which he didnt. Mark cuban didnt do all of that when steve nash left.

Melo15
07-12-2010, 01:44 PM
He's so stupid. In no way was this looked at as racist at all until Jesse Jackson comes into the picture. Somebody should get this guy a muzzle.

blastmasta26
Jesse Jackson is a race baiter and I get mad when people think he and Al Sharpton are the voicee of black folks, that's so far from the truth. I think the problem we have is how we perceive things on both sides, black folks always try to distance themselves from characters like Jesse and Al but the media keeps paying more attention to them....and also you have white folks on the other side watching characters like Glenn Beck and listening to folks like Limbaugh....and giving them celebrity status, and at the same time criticize black folks that act alike. Hypocrisy is our problem when it comes to race. Foxnews is highest rated news station, Rush Limbaugh has highest number of listeners and Glenn Beck is always #1 NY best seller....lol. White people, clean your house first.
I definitely agree with this.

Jesse Jackson though, needs to stop saying stuff like this. There is real racism always, but twisting stuff that has no correlation to racial problems just discredits the legitimate concerns.

ShakeN'Bake
no one said they were racist, all that was said is the way gilbert responded to lebron leaving shows he thought he owned lebron which he didnt. Mark cuban didnt do all of that when steve nash left.

He did still have Dirk and something left to build on. Do I think Gilbert was out of line, yes. Are the situations even close, no.

Draco
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Did Steve Nash have his own special? Is Steve Nash in love with himself and self promotion?

and that Lebron and company knew they wanted to play together long before July 1st but let an over the top recruiting process play out.

ugafan
Jesse Jackson is a ****ing idiot who pulls the race card whenever he can.

He does indeed do more harm to black people than help. Ignorant scum.

Double_R

You just have no concept about Lebron James' impact on Cleveland... Cleveland isn't Dallas and Nash isn't Lebron... so give up on your terrible analogies and generalizations because you have no idea what you are talking about... Gilbert didn't make racist comments, he made stupid comments in a very emotional state of mind, that's it... not to mention you have no idea what kind of things that Lebron may of said to Gilbert behind closed doors and what he may have implied to Gilbert about his staying in Cleveland, so..

Jack_Meoff

UMMM, not really, I'm half black and i didnt think so.... Lebron could have had more class and told his team first, and I dont see the slave/master relation... I mean Lebron got the red carpet treatment in Cleveland and was dawned a "King".... I just cant put Lebron and slave in one sentence and not laugh, this guy is on top of the world

ShakeN'Bake
He's so stupid. In no way was this looked at as racist at all until Jesse Jackson comes into the picture. Somebody should get this guy a muzzle.

Watch out by saying that people might think your racist! I mean you talked about putting a muzzle on him :speechless: your so racist!

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 01:48 PM
you know what i just thought about, the media is too funny when boozer was a free agent the cavs low balled him with and offer to resign him and then the jazz came and made a better offer he left and the media made you hate him for chasing the money now lebron takes a lesser offer during his free agency and now they want you to hate him for not taking the money.lol

Klivlend
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM

You're serious? You truly believe if LBJ was white, then the Cleveland fans would be fine with him leaving? You've gotta be effin kidding me. The best player the Cavalier franchise has ever had, and arguably the best player in the League skips town and you think the fans are mad because he's black? Ya, sure. That's real logical. Go join the Jesse Jackson fan club, sounds like the two of you would get along real nice

Geargo Wallace
07-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Gilbert and Jackson need to STFU!

Melo15
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
you know what i just thought about, the media is too funny when boozer was a free agent the cavs low balled him with and offer to resign him and then the jazz came and made a better offer he left and the media made you hate him for chasing the money now lebron takes a lesser offer during his free agency and now they want you to hate him for not taking the money.lol

You know what I just thought about, Brian Scalabrine. Nobody is talking about him these days, it must be because he's white. Because lets face it if someone isn't getting the attention they deserve or if they are ridiculed or criticised at all it clearly has to be because of their race.

Shareeb_omac2
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Let's just face it... If you were born white then you are automatically racist in most black peoples eyes.

But, just to prove a point... A guy by the name of Brett Favre retired, made a huge deal about it, came back, made an even bigger deal about that, and then left Greenbay for Minnesota. He was very hated by the Packers fans and guess what? He was a whitey!!! Oh my lord.

Melo15
07-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Watch out by saying that people might think your racist! I mean you talked about putting a muzzle on him :speechless: your so racist!

:( I'm sorry

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I dont know why people are saying "if Lebron was white...." lol do fans not like white players?? lol would they rather get rid of a white guy then a black guy??? are they pro-black?? lol

kozelkid
Upset? No.
It's hilarious.

ShakeN'Bake
You know what I just thought about, Brian Scalabrine. Nobody is talking about him these days, it must be because he's white. Because lets face it if someone isn't getting the attention they deserve or if they are ridiculed or criticised at all it clearly has to be because of their race.

Well to be fair Scal is a ginger and has no soul

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Jesse always trying to make news and give himself publicity. He's like that drunk uncle in your family...sometimes you gotta just let him state his opinion and let it be. And I say that as a proud African American.

tking07
Jesse Jackson is a worthless POS

Pierzynski4Prez
jesse jackson needs to worry about the fact that his son was about to pay like 1.5 million for the Illinois Senate seat, and could be in some trouble.

Klivlend
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM
And Nash leaving Dallas and whoever leaving where ever are not comparable situations. This is a hometown kid leaving his hometown. Nash and Lebron are two different players, in every sense. On the court and off. Lebron is a much larger media figure and a much larger global figure. He has a much larger impact than Nash does, or almost any other player, where ever he goes.

LTS
07-12-2010, 01:55 PM

^^^^^:)

I don't like what dan did either but ther JJ is stupid and so is the NBA's JJ

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Let's just face it... If you were born white then you are automatically racist in most black peoples eyes.

But, just to prove a point... A guy by the name of Brett Favre retired, made a huge deal about it, came back, made an even bigger deal about that, and then left Greenbay for Minnesota. He was very hated by the Packers fans and guess what? He was a whitey!!! Oh my lord.

The point wasnt him leaving, it was the media spectacle that he made,.... honestly you cant blame him for his decision, its humbling... he took less money, a smaller role, and a better chance at winning, it was the presentation.... Dan Glibert over reacted and said stupid statements, but not racist ones.... and how can we even mention slavery??? Lebron makes like 40 million a year after endorsements and salary....

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
First no one said that gilbert was racist just think he was out of line and must have forgot he owns the cavs not lebron. I didnt say dan was racist jesse jackson didnt say they were racist. i dont think he should have thrown that slave qoute in there but alot of black people feel lebron is gettin killed by the media for no crime jus bc off his color david left the knicks no problem everything fine but lebron leaves no its a problem i thought he was free agent just like david lee . and these cavs people need to grow up you dont own him, if you had a better job opportunity in another state than ohio would you friends, family, and town hate you for leaving?

VivaLaShark
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Jesse Jackson is a tool. Prob wants to replace WWW in LeBron's inner circle.

I would like to ask the good "reverend" how his love child is doing/

Hawkeye15
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
How is he still looked at as a leader of the black community? This man uses the race card anytime he can, and is an embarassment to anyone in civil rights for the right reasons.

COOLbeans
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM

I'm not trying to argue but Marx says that those who have to work for someone else who pays their fortune (IE- a professional athlete) is a 'proletariat.' Definition: "In Marxist theory, the proletariat is the class of a capitalist society that does not have ownership of the means of production and whose only means of subsistence is to sell their labor power for a wage or salary." My point is, even someone who is paid an awful lot of money is still a worker and ultimately a slave to their employer.

Although I think Rev. Jackson is reaching with his statement, he is however reprimanding a but* hurt owner who is upset that Lebron didn't want to work for him anymore, and subsequently began to verbally whip his former employee. What does that remind you of? I think Jackson may have crossed the line, but so did Dan Gilbert..

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:02 PM
First no one said that gilbert was racist just think he was out of line and must have forgot he owns the cavs not lebron. I didnt say dan was racist jesse jackson didnt say they were racist. i dont think he should have thrown that slave qoute in there but alot of people feel lebron is gettin killed by the media for no crime jus bc off his color david left the knicks no problem everything fine but lebron leaves no its a problem i thought he was free agent just like david lee . and these cavs people need to grow up you dont own him, if you had a better job opportunity in another state than ohio would you friends, family, and town hate you for leaving?

You cant really make that comparision, if my family and friends reorganized their lives and their being to make my life and work easier and ran to all my request and I left them, yea they would. The thing with Lebron is his presentation... he dragged out the decision and made an informercial, he knew where he was going before hand and played everyone like a fool... he abused his power basically... his decision was sound: he took less money and a smaller role to play on a better team, but we didn't need the tomfoolery... he could have called cleveland, told them, let them handle the media and then answer questions like anyone else... i mean he wanted center stage

netsgiantsyanks
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
jesse jackson needs to shut the **** up for real

strokeman
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM

its SPORTS! :mad: they dont care if youre white or black, if youre good at what you do then you get loved! if youre the face of the NBA and you **** on your team and hometown ppl will fell the way the ppl in Clev feels!

for that reason i DID NOT read Jesse Jackson report! :facepalm:

RocketPower2010
2 points.
Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, whether or not you consider then wrong. If you agree with that, then you must stop bashing Jackson for voicing his opinion. You must also stop bashing Gilbert for voicing his opinion. Carried on a little more, you must stop bashing James for stating his opinion that Miami is a better place for him to play basketball.

The race thing is stupid (this is me voicing my opinion, so I have a right). If LeBron pulled a Michael Jackson his treatment would have been the same. HOWEVER, the ppl that are arguing that LBJ is the highest paid slave ever...there is a difference between the wealth of LBJ and Dan Gilbert. James is rich, but Gilbert is wealthy. I really hate to be the guy that says it...but what Gilbert is hurting over is not just flat betrayal...it's that he lost money over the ordeal. For him, LBJ is a tool to make money. Some ppl might flame me for this, but keep in mind that ppl do not get wealthy (not rich, wealthy) by operating within the ethical boundaries. If they did then everyone would be wealthy. In that sense, I see a bit of the slave argument, however, even then it is absolutely not racial.

ShakeN'Bake
You cant really make that comparision, if my family and friends reorganized their lives and their being to make my life and work easier and ran to all my request and I left them, yea they would. The thing with Lebron is his presentation... he dragged out the decision and made an informercial, he knew where he was going before hand and played everyone like a fool... he abused his power basically... his decision was sound: he took less money and a smaller role to play on a better team, but we didn't need the tomfoolery... he could have called cleveland, told them, let them handle the media and then answer questions like anyone else... i mean he wanted center stage

It doesn't help that he referred to himself in the third-person.

Draco
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
2 points.
Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, whether or not you consider then wrong. If you agree with that, then you must stop bashing Jackson for voicing his opinion. You must also stop bashing Gilbert for voicing his opinion. Carried on a little more, you must stop bashing James for stating his opinion that Miami is a better place for him to play basketball.

The race thing is stupid (this is me voicing my opinion, so I have a right). If LeBron pulled a Michael Jackson his treatment would have been the same. HOWEVER, the ppl that are arguing that LBJ is the highest paid slave ever...there is a difference between the wealth of LBJ and Dan Gilbert. James is rich, but Gilbert is wealthy. I really hate to be the guy that says it...but what Gilbert is hurting over is not just flat betrayal...it's that he lost money over the ordeal. For him, LBJ is a tool to make money. Some ppl might flame me for this, but keep in mind that ppl do not get wealthy (not rich, wealthy) by operating within the ethical boundaries. If they did then everyone would be wealthy. In that sense, I see a bit of the slave argument, however, even then it is absolutely not racial.

Why? His opinion is ridiculous. You have to earn the right to have an opinion if you want to have an established level of credibility. Jackson has no credibility. He's a joke.

bbblack40
You just have no concept about Lebron James' impact on Cleveland... Cleveland isn't Dallas and Nash isn't Lebron... so give up on your terrible analogies and generalizations because you have no idea what you are talking about... Gilbert didn't make racist comments, he made stupid comments in a very emotional state of mind, that's it... not to mention you have no idea what kind of things that Lebron may of said to Gilbert behind closed doors and what he may have implied to Gilbert about his staying in Cleveland, so..

Gilbert doesnt own him point blank. And plese tell me one time that i said gilbert was racist or made racist comments. I dont care what impact lebron had on cleveland yall dont own him either. and with the nash isnt lebron comment didnt say he was but they are both free agents thats my point they can choose where they want to work thats what im sayin.

Jack_Meoff
I'm not trying to argue but Marx says that those who have to work for someone else who pays their fortune (IE- a professional athlete) is a 'proletariat.' Definition: "In Marxist theory, the proletariat is the class of a capitalist society that does not have ownership of the means of production and whose only means of subsistence is to sell their labor power for a wage or salary." My point is, even someone who is paid an awful lot of money is still a worker and ultimately a slave to their employer.

Although I think Rev. Jackson is reaching with his statement, he is however reprimanding a but* hurt owner who is upset that Lebron didn't want to work for him anymore, and subsequently began to verbally whip his former employee. What does that remind you of? I think Jackson may have crossed the line, but so did Dan Gilbert..

I think your stretching the Communist Manifesto a little here.... Lebron owns his name brand and is a huge share holder of everything he does. Lebron owns himself and that is exactly what he is selling... I dont think Karl Marx took into consideration the vast expansion of capitalism and the wealth it can bring an individual.

Clearly Gilbert overreacted, but at least i can understand where he is coming from, Lebron took a ***** on the NBA, and especially the Cavs, with his egotistic display.... But Jesse Jackson is a piece of work, I mean why play such a deep-rooted theme like "slave/master" in such a frivolous topic???

sintaks12
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
First no one said that gilbert was racist just think he was out of line and must have forgot he owns the cavs not lebron. I didnt say dan was racist jesse jackson didnt say they were racist. i dont think he should have thrown that slave qoute in there but alot of black people feel lebron is gettin killed by the media for no crime jus bc off his color david left the knicks no problem everything fine but lebron leaves no its a problem i thought he was free agent just like david lee . and these cavs people need to grow up you dont own him, if you had a better job opportunity in another state than ohio would you friends, family, and town hate you for leaving?

No but chances are you'd give a notice right? Not wait until the last second, come into work with all your boys and video cameras and say "yo, I'm out." Then pretend like you're all broken up.

To say that Gilbert's comments were racist and that he implied AT ALL that there was an owner/slave relationship is childish and just ignorant. Lebron leaving, while tough, is not why Gilbert said what he did. He was angry how he did it. Lebron has ZERO class. You don't do what he did... you just don't. Ask Durant. And to compare Lee's situation to Lebron is laughable.

eibbor
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
No but chances are you'd give a notice right? Not wait until the last second, come into work with all your boys and video cameras and say "yo, I'm out." Then pretend like you're all broken up.

To say that Gilbert's comments were racist and that he implied AT ALL that there was an owner/slave relationship is childish and just ignorant. Lebron leaving, while tough, is not why Gilbert said what he did. He was angry how he did it. Lebron has ZERO class. You don't do what he did... you just don't. Ask Durant. And to compare Lee's situation to Lebron is laughable.

It's a business. So by all means let everybody know your intentions so they can sign the competition & plan for it.. Uh, yeah that makes no sense.

J Jacksons mouth made him irrelevant a long time ago. Hopefully Gilbert was just angry and ranting or he's heading down that same road.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:16 PM
The slave/master theme is sooo removed from this situation because, realistically, Lebron has more power in the situation then Gilbert. Cavs net worth dropped 250 million after Lebron left.... Lebron brings in sooo much money to an organization it is almost safe to say he is bigger then a team. He can do anything he wants and teams will sing and dance for him, as did Gilbert during their time together.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 02:18 PM

If they hated you for making the right decision for you then they are really not good friends or family and i cant make that comparison people need to realize this is his job so if he wanted to leave he can. when was the 1st day any free agent could sign? answer july 8th. when did he make his decision? answer july 8th so how did he drag it on and if im not mistaken that special generated over 2million dollars for the boys and girls club so i cant be mad at the special. and as i stated he was a free agent meaning he had no team so why in the world did he owe the cavs a call. do you know how many times the owners call players when they are traded or cut? answer never they get someone else to do it.

sintaks12
07-12-2010, 02:19 PM
It's a business. So by all means let everybody know your intentions so they can sign the competition & plan for it.. Uh, yeah that makes no sense.

J Jacksons mouth made him irrelevant a long time ago. Hopefully Gilbert was just angry and ranting or he's heading down that same road.

So you think Lebron and his team handled FA well? You see nothing wrong with what he did?

GSRaider
07-12-2010, 02:20 PM

:facepalm:

thanks for the laugh

ShakeN'Bake
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
So you think Lebron and his team handled FA well? You see nothing wrong with what he did?

I don't see anything wrong with it, it is a business. However, I don't like what he did and wished he went about it differently.

GSRaider
07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
HIs opinion is way off, you dont think it places false notions in people's mind?? especially on such a frivolous topic...

It might...?

I don't agree with Jackson or Gilbert... But I'm fine with them voicing their ( these ) opinion(s)... Not a big deal

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 02:25 PM

he was a free agent so he didnt owe them anything earlier than what they did he let them know at 9:00 just like everyone else. lee and lebron are both free agents so how is it laughable? my whole point is he didnt work for the cavs anymore so he didnt owe them anything. When he opted out to become a free agent that was his notice, cavs knew it was a chance he might not come back they should have prepared for it. and be real if you left your job and decided to go work somewhere else would you call your old job to tell them ur working somewhere else?

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
If they hated you for making the right decision for you then they are really not good friends or family and i cant make that comparison people need to realize this is his job so if he wanted to leave he can. when was the 1st day any free agent could sign? answer july 8th. when did he make his decision? answer july 8th so how did he drag it on and if im not mistaken that special generated over 2million dollars for the boys and girls club so i cant be mad at the special. and as i stated he was a free agent meaning he had no team so why in the world did he owe the cavs a call. do you know how many times the owners call players when they are traded or cut? answer never they get someone else to do it.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted him to leave Cleveland, Im a Knicks fan and have been screaming LBJ to NYC for over a year, but by the end of the night I didnt want him on my team.... I'm glad he did the admirable thing, took less money, took a smaller role and signed with a stronger team.... not to quote Spiderman, lol, but with more power comes more responsibility. Cleveland turned their city around for LBJ and the owner held his sack for the tenure of his stay... It's courtisy to give them a heads up... Dan Gilbert could have had more class too, he did make a boat load of money off LBJ and his team was a playoff team for a long time, if not one of the best teams in the NBA.

Allstar21
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM

He did nothing at all wrong. People that keep flaming him for it are just homers that are angry that lebron didn't go to "their team". ESPN made a spectacle of it...Lebron raised millions for a REALLY GOOD charity.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM
It might...?

I don't agree with Jackson or Gilbert... But I'm fine with them voicing their ( these ) opinion(s)... Not a big deal

I love the first ammendment too, but I dont like people talking with hidden agendas, Jesse Jackson is a media whore, he makes a lot of money feeding stereotypes and feeding on weak black mentalities.

CityofTreez
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Maybe some just don't like Dan Gilbert! He's an idiot, he thinks he's owed something, he thinks he can slander a great athlete, and he's pissed cause the City of Cleveland just lost the best thing that bolstered that economy........LeBron James

He's mad because LeBron James chose to better his career and make it mean alot more than it was before

Jamiecballer
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
no. Gilbert came off as a real amateur and a spoiled brat.

sintaks12
07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
He did nothing at all wrong. People that keep flaming him for it are just homers that are angry that lebron didn't go to "their team". ESPN made a spectacle of it...Lebron raised millions for a REALLY GOOD charity.

Yeah, that was his motivation. LOL.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:33 PM
yea im not upset... only thing ive been upset with is the lack of class gilbert showed.... arent other players gonna see this as extremely negative???

bkmikeyy
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
everyone who thinks Jessie Jackson is right please answer this...

Do you think Gilbert would have acted differently if Lebron was white?!

JasonJohnHorn
I think its hard to really assess Gilbert's letter without more context. I mean, if James has been telling the team he's with them for the long haul, and they are picking up role players to compliment him, and signing players and trading for players that he wants, and keeping a coach that he wants, and then takes off after the franchise has signed and taken on all these contracts for both James and themselves under the understanding the James was going to stay there, then yes, Gilbert has a right to feel how he feels. I dont know that that was the case, nobody does but them, but if this is just a case of Gilbert being upset that he lost his cash-cow, then yes, Jackson is spot on. Toronto lost the face of their franchise, their owner didnt write a letter knocking Bosh, and when Shaq left Orlando, there were a LOT of hard feelings, but nothing like this ever surfaced attacking his character. And we didnt see any hate-letter surface from Phoenix after Amare left. So why does Gilbert fire off this letter?

I will admit, i enjoyed reading the letter, things that extreme are entertaining and it is interesting to see how people really feel about certain things, but at the same time, it doesnt make it right. I am a fan of the game and some of you may have read in my other posts, I find it obnoxious when big market teams that pull in mad money, team like the Lakers, and Yankees, buy up great players and put out dominant teams, because I'd rather watch competative games, so James going to Miami is something I didnt want to see. I wanted to see some of the small markets put together teams that can compete with the Lakers despite the fact they are small markets. Teams like Utah, and Portland and Cleveland and the Bucks. And I really liked the fact that James was from the Cleveland area and it made for a sentimental story line. But its his life and I'm not going to hate the guy or say he betrayed anybody because I dont know that he did. I think its fair to say he quit on the Cavs, but that is his peroagative.

That said, more than being made about broken promises, or being upset about losing a cash cow, I think Gilbert, and the fans of Cleveland in general are just up set to lose their home town hero. It would be like if an American olympian decided to go play for Russia. Like if Buzz Aldrige was offer more money to fly space ships for the russians or if Wayne Grexky played the US olympic team.

but I think it is important to have people like Jackson who encourage us to look at things from different perspectives, even if whe dont always agree with them.

fishfan79
it isn't a raciest thing, it is a childish spoiled moron flipping out that someone doesn't want to play with him anymore. Both of them need to shut it.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
everyone who thinks Jessie Jackson is right please answer this...

Do you think Gilbert would have acted differently if Lebron was white?!

no, i dont... why would this be about race at all? dont even start witht hat

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
this is ridiculous

Rivera
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
like cedric the entertainer said on the movie BARBERSHOP

maannnnn ******* Jessie Jackson!

20GoodTimes20
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM

Not once was race ever mentioned in Gilberts letter. It is a travesty that race would even be brought up in this instance. I am totally, 100% for equal rights..but if we, people of all colors, continue to use every public disagreement that involves people of different colors as a race issue..something is and will continue to be wrong with our country and this world.

Also, if Nash, Dirk and Lee were on the same team...I would hate them more than I do Wade, Lebron and Bosh..and im white.

I think most fans dont like the fact that there is less of a chance for there team to win the championship and the disparity in the league has all but diminished. I dont think its because they are black.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I love the first ammendment too, but I dont like people talking with hidden agendas, Jesse Jackson is a media whore, he makes a lot of money feeding stereotypes and feeding on weak black mentalities.

I dont like jesse jackson at all because he does try to get that attention for sticking his nose in bizness that doesnt concern him, but i can tell you a lot of black people felt that had it been dirk or nash or lee the same reaction of backlash would be had and this was b4 jesse jackson ever opened his mouth.

twplanck41
I wouldn't mind if Jesse Jackson would never said another word in his damn life...

Jesse Jackson is the epitome of racism. Al Sharpton too. It's ok for them to be racist but whenever a white man criticizes a black man it is deemed racist and whenever a black man is legitimately racist it is not looked down upon. BS...

Mrphilly
Jesse Jackson makes a great point. You idiots are so busy trying to act like racism doesn't exist, that you missed Jackson point, that nothing to do with racism.

You fools are saying "James is the highest paid slave ever", and "ill be a slave for that money". Jackson never called Lebron a slave nor did he call Gilbert a slave owner(that would be racist).

He was saying that Gilbert was acting as if he was the Lebron owner instead of the Cavs owner. Gilberrt reacted as if his property got away.

How can people not agree with Jackson that Gilberts remarks were dangerous. Its not ok to make fans that are already angry even angrier, that is just irresponsible. You never know what those fans may do. we seems them throw bottles at the Browns. Obviously those fans don't have it all.

You can never tell another man how to handle his business. Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland or Gilbert anything.

bkmikeyy
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
:facepalm: to all the people that let this idiot manipulate you, he makes money off ridiculous statements like this.
Its also unfortunate that racism still does exist in this country (on both side btw), but sometimes people are too sensitive. God forbid someone criticized Obama, they are racist but Bush got abused and it was hilarious.

TheTakeOver24
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
i kind of agree with jackson.
im not in any way saying gilbert is racist or it had anything to do with race... but he, as the owner of the cavs felt like he owned Lebron and that Lebron owed it to him to stay. LeBron single handedly made Cleveland a lot of money and they should thank him for it and wish him luck.
The Cavs were like a dead-end job, time to leave to bigger and better things (The Miami Heat).

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I think its hard to really assess Gilbert's letter without more context. I mean, if James has been telling the team he's with them for the long haul, and they are picking up role players to compliment him, and signing players and trading for players that he wants, and keeping a coach that he wants, and then takes off after the franchise has signed and taken on all these contracts for both James and themselves under the understanding the James was going to stay there, then yes, Gilbert has a right to feel how he feels. I dont know that that was the case, nobody does but them, but if this is just a case of Gilbert being upset that he lost his cash-cow, then yes, Jackson is spot on. Toronto lost the face of their franchise, their owner didnt write a letter knocking Bosh, and when Shaq left Orlando, there were a LOT of hard feelings, but nothing like this ever surfaced attacking his character. And we didnt see any hate-letter surface from Phoenix after Amare left. So why does Gilbert fire off this letter?

I will admit, i enjoyed reading the letter, things that extreme are entertaining and it is interesting to see how people really feel about certain things, but at the same time, it doesnt make it right. I am a fan of the game and some of you may have read in my other posts, I find it obnoxious when big market teams that pull in mad money, team like the Lakers, and Yankees, buy up great players and put out dominant teams, because I'd rather watch competative games, so James going to Miami is something I didnt want to see. I wanted to see some of the small markets put together teams that can compete with the Lakers despite the fact they are small markets. Teams like Utah, and Portland and Cleveland and the Bucks. And I really liked the fact that James was from the Cleveland area and it made for a sentimental story line. But its his life and I'm not going to hate the guy or say he betrayed anybody because I dont know that he did. I think its fair to say he quit on the Cavs, but that is his peroagative.

That said, more than being made about broken promises, or being upset about losing a cash cow, I think Gilbert, and the fans of Cleveland in general are just up set to lose their home town hero. It would be like if an American olympian decided to go play for Russia. Like if Buzz Aldrige was offer more money to fly space ships for the russians or if Wayne Grexky played the US olympic team.

but I think it is important to have people like Jackson who encourage us to look at things from different perspectives, even if whe dont always agree with them.

I agreee with you, to a certain extent. I'm just really uncomfortable with JJ using the "Slave/Master" analogy in this argument. I mean in all honestly, FA or not, LBJ has all the control and power. Secondly, the "Slave/Master" argument is soooooo Deep-rooted that to use it on such a frivolous topic like sports is almost disturbing.... I think Gilbert is way out of line and almost comical; lets not forget the money he made off of James... but LBJ pulled a jerk move leaving them like that, that city bleed for him, I think he should have done a sign and trade at least, give something back to the fans. He left cleveland with a supporting cast and no star... all potatoes and no meat!

TheTakeOver24
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Jesse Jackson makes a great point. You idiots are so busy trying to act like racism doesn't exist, that you missed Jackson point, that nothing to do with racism.

You fools are saying "James is the highest paid slave ever", and "ill be a slave for that money". Jackson never called Lebron a slave nor did he call Gilbert a slave owner(that would be racist).

He was saying that Gilbert was acting as if he was the Lebron owner instead of the Cavs owner. Gilberrt reacted as if his property got away.

How can people not agree with Jackson that Gilberts remarks were dangerous. Its not ok to make fans that are already angry even angrier, that is just irresponsible. You never know what those fans may do. we seems them throw bottles at the Browns. Obviously those fans don't have it all.

You can never tell another man how to handle his business. Lebron doesn't owe Cleveland or Gilbert anything.

this^
the world is blinded by hate.

Hustlenomics
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM

^this

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Not once was race ever mentioned in Gilberts letter. It is a travesty that race would even be brought up in this instance. I am totally, 100% for equal rights..but if we, people of all colors, continue to use every public disagreement that involves people of different colors as a race issue..something is and will continue to be wrong with our country and this world.

Also, if Nash, Dirk and Lee were on the same team...I would hate them more than I do Wade, Lebron and Bosh..and im white.

I think most fans dont like the fact that there is less of a chance for there team to win the championship and the disparity in the league has all but diminished. I dont think its because they are black.

I hear what you are saying but im willing to bet had that trio of nash, dirk, and lee gotten together espn would make it a feel good all american story instead of making these 3 guys villians like they r doin the heat3

REALLYYYYY?
07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
i'm not upset. it is not a good thing to have jesse on your side. that guy is crazy.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
this^
the world is blinded by hate.

:clap: could not have said it better. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I dont like jesse jackson at all because he does try to get that attention for sticking his nose in bizness that doesnt concern him, but i can tell you a lot of black people felt that had it been dirk or nash or lee the same reaction of backlash would be had and this was b4 jesse jackson ever opened his mouth.

I feel like your speaking for black people everywhere..... I didnt hear any mention of this notion that black people were upset at the backlash, do you have a source? (article, mag, internet) I'm really not up to date on that...

I think the backlash comes from the value of Lebron, not his skin color. He puts a team in the top five category just by being on it, Dirk, Nash or D. Lee dont do that, not even close.

TEXASTITAN
07-12-2010, 02:52 PM
They have closed like 3-4 threads on this forum regarding this subject because all it does is bring negativity to the forum. What the guy said was wrong and further illustrates why he's faded into an irrevelant figure in todays world. Theories like this make him look like an idiot and a bigot. His job isn't to stir up racism and preach hate to whoever will listen. I thought he was a preacher i guess he's a hippocrite as well since i guess nobody told him jesus was white mabye he would perfer jesus to throw on a hat backwards and show us his grill instead of keeping to the facts.

Mcnabb_vision
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
no need 2 pay attention 2 jesse jackson, he always has somethign racial 2 say...its gettin played out...a goood percentage of NBA players are black...so does this make every GM a "slave master"? i dont think so

hawkjeff
07-12-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm a big believer that racism is still a big problem in this world, but the idea that Lebron is getting judged right now because of his race is simply absurd. Whoever has a job is a slave to their employers in some sense, sure. All employers are annoyed when we quit, feel abandoned, and claim we have no loyalty. Those same employers like to explain how one has to make decisions based on business when the time comes for a termination, a transfer, or so on. Still, race??? Are we serious?? Someone thinks that Lebron is actually being treated poorly because of the color of his skin?

I don't live in Ohio, but I get the sense that those who do feel he is one of their own; part of their family. He grew up in their backyard. He became a superstar in their high school system. He got drafted by a local team and became a "king" in a city with a long history of no sports championships. He assures the team, the fans, and the world that he wants to bring a championship to Cleveland. And then he leaves with an announcement on national television. None of that has to do with a judgment of race. It has to do with feeling abandoned.

Like anyone spurned, there is a certain amount of silly drama thrown into the emotional turmoil that surrounds the break-up. Fans, the Cavs organization, and even the NBA in general, may feel hurt by the way this went down. But this is not an issue of race. There are plenty of instances of race still being an issue. Let's not overshadow those real problems by talking about a non-existent one. As for Jesse Jackson, he is famous for misplaced passions - let him rant.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 02:56 PM

He doesnt make a great point at all... he stated that Gilbert has a slave/master mentality... does are dangerous words in and of themselves and he is acting irresponsible for even bringing such a heavy topic to frivolous matters of sports and recreation. and secondly it is wrong because under contract or not, Gilbert knows LBJ has more power then him. He is just venting, why make more of it then it is.... Gilbert is wrong for crying out, but to make it deep rooted and race related is stupid... and not a good idea, he is basically trying to put the bullseye on Gilbert and making him to be a monster

20GoodTimes20
07-12-2010, 02:57 PM
I hear what you are saying but im willing to bet had that trio of nash, dirk, and lee gotten together espn would make it a feel good all american story instead of making these 3 guys villians like they r doin the heat3

Youre probably right. Although Nash is from Canada and Dirk from Germany :)

I think they are making Lebron the villain. Dont you think? I still think Wade is getting the love. He is one of, if not my favorite player in the league, so maybe im being biased.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Jackson just looking for money and publicity

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
I feel like your speaking for black people everywhere..... I didnt hear any mention of this notion that black people were upset at the backlash, do you have a source? (article, mag, internet) I'm really not up to date on that...

I think the backlash comes from the value of Lebron, not his skin color. He puts a team in the top five category just by being on it, Dirk, Nash or D. Lee dont do that, not even close.

no one does that like lebron in all honesty... kobe doing the exact same thing wouldnt have made as big of a deal.. los angeles would have fallen into the ocean but other than that.. not a nation's hatred

twplanck41
07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
They have closed like 3-4 threads on this forum regarding this subject because all it does is bring negativity to the forum. What the guy said was wrong and further illustrates why he's faded into an irrevelant figure in todays world. Theories like this make him look like an idiot and a bigot. His job isn't to stir up racism and preach hate to whoever will listen.

That is the truth. Same thing with all liberal dems

I thought he was a preacher i guess he's a hippocrite as well since i guess nobody told him jesus was white mabye he would perfer jesus to throw on a hat backwards and show us his grill instead of keeping to the facts.

1st...the hypocrisy comment is extremely true because he is a supposed to be a Rev. but only preaches hate and how his people have been knocked down.

2nd....you are absolutely crazy if you really truly believe that comment on Jesus' race.

Lastly,

This is truly about one player simply choosing the incorrect manner in which to tell the world with what team he plans on signing and playing professional basketball. That is the only problem I have with what LeBron did. Gilbert on the other hand should have kept his comments to himself. He made himself look like a total fool who knows nothing about business, however, Gilbert's comments were by no means racist.

Like Kanye West has said in a few songs of his...Racism's still alive they just be concealing it...

^Yeah Kanye but what you're not saying is that white to black racism is the only thing people can talk about in the media or basically anywhere because if you talk about how racism is more prevalent with black people towards white people you are a racist in their eyes.

Perfect case in point...Indiana Black Expo is starting up this weekend in Indianapolis. 5 years ago I saw a group of 5-6 black teens mug a white couple on a date. They hit him and kicked him while he was down and stole his wallet. That is the sense of entitlement events like IBE and people like Jesse Jackson give. It says...this is my weekend...I can do whatever the **** I want.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm a big believer that racism is still a big problem in this world, but the idea that Lebron is getting judged right now because of his race is simply absurd. Whoever has a job is a slave to their employers in some sense, sure. All employers are annoyed when we quit, feel abandoned, and claim we have no loyalty. Those same employers like to explain how one has to make decisions based on business when the time comes for a termination, a transfer, or so on. Still, race??? Are we serious?? Someone thinks that Lebron is actually being treated poorly because of the color of his skin?

I don't live in Ohio, but I get the sense that those who do feel he is one of their own; part of their family. He grew up in their backyard. He became a superstar in their high school system. He got drafted by a local team and became a "king" in a city with a long history of no sports championships. He assures the team, the fans, and the world that he wants to bring a championship to Cleveland. And then he leaves with an announcement on national television. None of that has to do with a judgment of race. It has to do with feeling abandoned.

Like anyone spurned, there is a certain amount of silly drama thrown into the emotional turmoil that surrounds the break-up. Fans, the Cavs organization, and even the NBA in general, may feel hurt by the way this went down. But this is not an issue of race. There are plenty of instances of race still being an issue. Let's not overshadow those real problems by talking about a non-existent one. As for Jesse Jackson, he is famous for misplaced passions - let him rant.

This is why im not completely upset with Dan Gilbert and feel LBJ is a clown.... and for JJ to comeout and make it racial is stupid, I hate you Rev. JJ

Cornbread12
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Whether it was a good point or not (it has a small amount of merit, but he's reaching) it was out of line PERIOD. I'm a 22 year old black male and IM TIRED of Jesse Jackson AND Al Sharpton. I don't see it. I'm not one of those ppl that think racism will disappear because it is too deep rooted in the core of America. We were founded under racism so it will never simply die lets be clear on that but these headline seeking naacp jackasses are actually making it worst contrary to what some ppl believe.

Every time that one of these black "leaders" comes out and feels the need to speak for the black community and make strong accusations making references to slavery and racism when its not a definite reason behind the conflict all it does is make white ppl among other races look at black ppl as a whole and say "they always pull the race card" and they feel the need to defend themselves. Naturally always being on the defensive about a subject as sensitive as race eventually brings about a offensive response. THATS why resentment continues to grow between blacks and whites.

I think Dan Gilbert genuinely just feels betrayed as not just an owner but prolly as a friend and an employer and in my eyes rightfully so. He feels mislead, he feels like he was lied to and he feels like the fans and the game that he's passionate about were lied to by a person that was embraced as the most beloved figure in Cleveland sports history. So I don't think its a race issue at all. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton need to focus their energy to instances where their name and talents are actually useful because last time i checked they didnt specialize in sports.

Ok sorry rant over.

kevin916
07-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Its not about RACE if he was white CLEVELAND would still want too hang him....Theryre are alot of stupid f@@%#$ on here

bbblack40

Source?lol my source is me, my friends, my family, and alot of the black people in my community. I never said all black people i said alot of black people are thinking that way. if you are asking did i see it on a poll on sportsnation, on PSD or in a magazine. then no. lol you said sources like i was reporting it into sportscenter that was pretty funny it reminded me of chris broussard( i cant stand that guy)

20GoodTimes20
Whether it was a good point or not (it has a small amount of merit, but he's reaching) it was out of line PERIOD. I'm a 22 year old black male and IM TIRED of Jesse Jackson AND Al Sharpton. I don't see it. I'm not one of those ppl that think racism will disappear because it is too deep rooted in the core of America. We were founded under racism so it will never simply die lets be clear on that but these headline seeking naacp jackasses are actually making it worst contrary to what some ppl believe.

Every time that one of these black "leaders" comes out and feels the need to speak for the black community and make strong accusations making references to slavery and racism when its not a definite reason behind the conflict all it does is make white ppl among other races look at black ppl as a whole and say "they always pull the race card" and they feel the need to defend themselves. Naturally always being on the defensive about a subject as sensitive as race eventually brings about a offensive response. THATS why resentment continues to grow between blacks and whites.

I think Dan Gilbert genuinely just feels betrayed as not just an owner but prolly as a friend and an employer and in my eyes rightfully so. He feels mislead, he feels like he was lied to and he feels like the fans and the game that he's passionate about were lied to by a person that was embraced as the most beloved figure in Cleveland sports history. So I don't think its a race issue at all. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton need to focus their energy to instances where their name and talents are actually useful because last time i checked they didnt specialize in sports.

Ok sorry rant over.

:clap::clap::clap:

Agree with all this man. Good points.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM
The problem with racism is that its a tool; which was clearly displayed here by Rev. Jesse JAckson. Its a tool to over the eyes of the less informed and weak minded, a scapgoat, an easy way out, a cop-out. The real division is in socioeconomic classes; poor blacks and poor whites have more in common then rich blacks and poor blacks.

When MLK and Malcom X made this discovery they were assassinated.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Source?lol my source is me, my friends, my family, and alot of the black people in my community. I never said all black people i said alot of black people are thinking that way. if you are asking did i see it on a poll on sportsnation, on PSD or in a magazine. then no. lol you said sources like i was reporting it into sportscenter that was pretty funny it reminded me of chris broussard( i cant stand that guy)

oh ok, cause for a second I thought you knew what you were talking about

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM

no one said it was matter of race with dan gilbert I was referring to the media with the whole nash dirk lee thing. gilbert's statement was not racist no one ever said they were jj used words that made people think of race by sayin gilbert was displaying master/slave mentality I would have used better words but gilbert felt he owned james and so did cle. but they dont own lebron. Jj was sayin that by being so irresponsible as an owner that he put lebron and his family in danger.

A Nut Da 1
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM

You are aware that farve only left because green bay didn't want to resign him they wanted rogers to take over

koLohe2133
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM

i wonder if any slave who was leaving the plantation ever went to the media and declared he was moving up north......

lebron is going to cost his HOMETOWN MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS....gilbert handled it better than i would have....

koLohe2133
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
besides....i have it on good authority that jackson is a member of the illuminati who is trying to distract the masses from the real evil in the world in order to keep us from uniting.

LakersChamps
07-12-2010, 03:30 PM
:bla::bla::bla:O-M-G- He cannot be serious! WOW, WOW, WOW! Why pull the race card on this. DANG! All this has nothing to do with race....it is about basketball Mr. J. J. I am in shock to read about this. Very SAD J.J. That is totally low-ball B.S.:mad::facepalm::bla:

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 03:33 PM
besides....i have it on good authority that jackson is a member of the illuminati who is trying to distract the masses from the real evil in the world in order to keep us from uniting.

You might be on to something :shush::shush:

buckeye
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Cornbread12

Ok sorry rant over.

Well put sir! Add to all this the fact that he is likely forced to have a fire sale of the remaining players because the only way Cleveland gets a true star is through the draft. So how can he reuild without tearing it down. Had he known or thought Lebron was leaving he had some trade options. Instead he added salary to accomodate Lebron and lost him anyway. The man is simply frustrated as many of us were in 08 when the market crashed. Well his market just crashed.

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Jesse Jackson needs to keep him mouth shut. When we need him to do something MEANINGFUL, we'll let him know. :D

geraptor
07-12-2010, 03:35 PM

:speechless::bs:

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 03:45 PM
oh ok, cause for a second I thought you knew what you were talking about

Do I think Dan comments were racist? no Do I think jesse jackson should have left the slave thing out? yes but do i think there is racism in the media? yes
What better way to know how a lot of black people then hearing it from a black person. like i said unless you are black you r not goin to understand.

handbanana55
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM

x2 the man is turning himself into a joke:facepalm:

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 03:48 PM
i wonder if any slave who was leaving the plantation ever went to the media and declared he was moving up north......

lebron is going to cost his HOMETOWN MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS....gilbert handled it better than i would have....

see thats just a stupid and ignorant comment. slaves didnt get a choice. see thats what gets me a lil upset people tryin to b funny when slavery is not a funny matter.

DRose7
07-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Jesse and Sharpton need to die, they cant turn anything into a race issue

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Do I think Dan comments were racist? no Do I think jesse jackson should have left the slave thing out? yes but do i think there is racism in the media? yes
What better way to know how a lot of black people then hearing it from a black person. like i said unless you are black you r not goin to understand.

You, a friend, and some family members means nothing..... your talking as if black people everywhere agree with you or its a consensus amongst black people.... and the racism is coming from a black man, Jesse Jackson. He is a racist and a bigot, and a hippocrite....

I dont understand what being black has to do with it, I'm black and I have no idea what you are talking about, lol

koLohe2133
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
see thats just a stupid and ignorant comment. slaves didnt get a choice. see thats what gets me a lil upset people tryin to b funny when slavery is not a funny matter.

i think that jesse jackson is stupid and ignorant that he would make remarks like this, alleging that gilbert is acting like a jealous plantation owner....

they are based on assumption and jesse's perverted and biased viewpoint.

if i offended u, i apologize i was just trying to put it in perspective

C_Mund
07-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I think the problem with Jackson is that his comments are self-fulfilling. As soon as race is brought up it's on the forefront of everybody's mind. Take it for what it is.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
You, a friend, and some family members means nothing..... your talking as if black people everywhere agree with you or its a consensus amongst black people.... and the racism is coming from a black man, Jesse Jackson. He is a racist and a bigot, and a hippocrite....

I dont understand what being black has to do with it, I'm black and I have no idea what you are talking about, lol

Why do i find that hard to believe:rolleyes: for some reason i dont think you r reading anything im writing because i never said im speaking for all black people i jus said i know a lot of black people that feel the media is racist and had it been some white people it would be precieved differently i didnt say anything about dan's comments being racist jesse jackson never said they were racist you are just not comprehending what you are reading.

FLYER-FAN
07-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Jessie jackson is himself one of the biggest racist in the country and need to shut up !!...he starts to much crap ...the media needs to stop giving this racist a platform to use his moronic comments...think about it if there is no more racism he is out of a job so for him & others to keep making money they all need to keep complaining and accusing everyone and everything of racism....he needs to fall back into the hole he climbed out of...

Raoul Duke
07-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Last I checked, slave owners didn't pay their slaves millions of dollars or treat them like royalty. Gilbert acted like a complete douche and showed an incredible lack of class, but lets not turn this into a race issue.

sfattahian
07-12-2010, 03:58 PM

One of the stupidest things i've ever heard.

Racism doesn't stop first of all, but we can lessen it BY ACTUALLY talking about it and not pushing the issue under the rug and pretending that it doesn't exist.

Secondly it doesn't take an African American to truely understand Jacksons arguement. I am white and I fully understand and agree... It is a slave-master MENTALITY.. Don't take what he is saying out of context.. Nobody is calling Lebron a slave..

They are suggesting Gilbert has no right to feel betrayed because Lebron didn't do what Gilbert wanted him to do.

It is true, lebron would not face this criticism if he were white.

So what he left Cleveland, big deal. Let's all let it be and get on with our lives.

Achillez
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Jesse's really reaching this time...

ombada
07-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Do you realize how hypocritical that is? You picked out two people that represent a surprisingly small amount of the white populations opinion, namely old white republicans. (as if you know that it is only white people that listen/watch them anyway) However, That is exactly what you said in your defense... JJ and Al Sharpton dont represent how most black people view our society. why is it any different with Limbaugh and Beck pertaining to white people? They dont represent my opinions, or damn near anyone else i know. and thats the real problem with racism... its usually unfounded assumptions that one race makes about another, and what you wrote fits right in.

All of this doesnt even translate to the topic of this thread. Gilbert felt betrayed because of how much effort and work he beleives he, and the city of cleveland/state of ohio, put in to making Lebron feel comfortable and giving him support/ a chance at winning a ring. However his remarks were very innapropriate coming from an NBA owner. That is something you think you would hear from a scathing fan. Either way, it wasnt racist by any stretch of the imagination.

Also Lebron didnt do anything wrong, he did fulfill his contractual obligation. However, he was very fleeting when it came down to loyalty, which does impart certain aspects of his character.

JJ is an idiot and is creating more rift between two races that are one culture, which is ridiculous. There is absolutely no correlation with race to this situation and whoever feeds into it is proclaiming themselves a jacka$$.

Raiderwood
07-12-2010, 04:00 PM
CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract.

Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.

Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.

Unfortunately, Jesse Jackson can undo years of great things by opening his mouth....

There are people of all colors, religions and creeds starving throughout the world, people without jobs homes or healthcare and he chooses to make of all things a "slave" comment about a man who makes tens of millions per year. It is in LeBrons right to go where he wants (although the way he did it was amaturish and classless), and it is with in Dan gilbert's right to be pissed at the way the business was handled...end of story....

Jesse Jackson is ceasing to be relevant for all of the right reasons and relevant for all of the wrong ones...he should focus on the poor and disenfranchised...not multi millionaries who could give two cents about the real atrocities in the world...

8kobe24
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
To even compare the Gilbert-Lebron breakup to slavery is a disrespect to all who went through slavery. Lebron aint no slave, and it is an insult to those who went through actual slavery. Jesse Jackson should know better.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Why do i find that hard to believe:rolleyes: for some reason i dont think you r reading anything im writing because i never said im speaking for all black people i jus said i know a lot of black people that feel the media is racist and had it been some white people it would be precieved differently i didnt say anything about dan's comments being racist jesse jackson never said they were racist you are just not comprehending what you are reading.

I created this post because of the underlining concerns of using words like "Slave/Master" in an argument of comtemporary sports is ridiculous. Hence Jesse Jackson introduced the racism theme to the debate. You keep saying its a black thing, to quote you, "i said unless you are black you r not goin to understand" hence your stating that only black people can understand and agree with your POV, but I'm black, and yes there is racism in media, but you are wrong because the racist person here is a blackman.

Yes there is racism in the media, congrats, you figured that out. The real argument here is that Jesse Jackson is feeding that racism and enhancing its worth. He is making people like you believe the division is color of skin, and your eating it up with a spoon.... :)

ombada
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM

i come from the most hated and persecuted background that i can think of, and jokes are made about the holocaust all the time. Best thing to do is let it roll off, if you get pissed you only add more fuel to the fire. If you stay calm and educate, then usually people start to understand to what magnitude that event in history had on your people. So i would say be patient with people, understanding can come out of reason.

Jack_Meoff
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM
i come from the most hated and persecuted background that i can think of, and jokes are made about the holocaust all the time. Best thing to do is let it roll off, if you get pissed you only add more fuel to the fire. If you stay calm and educate, then usually people start to understand to what magnitude that event in history had on your people. So i would say be patient with people, understanding can come out of reason.

Jesse Jackson was called out on making racist remarks against Jews and down playing the Holocaust. and is still looked down on by the Jewish community.

ombada
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Agree with all this man. Good points.

Double agree! Good points Cornbread!

levignjw
07-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Jesse Jackson is a ****ing moron, plain and simple.

ombada
07-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Jesse Jackson was called out on making racist remarks against Jews and down playing the Holocaust. and is still looked down on by the Jewish community.

I understand, but i cant be pissed at every person who believes that, there are too many. All i can do is educate the ones around me, the people who want to know, and beleive it or not there are quite a few.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 04:14 PM
just to get some clarification I have a question
When kobe was accused of rape why is it that everytime i turned on sportscenter it was being talked about 24/7?
But when Big Ben for the steelers was accused of rape you barely heard about? in fact it wasnt until the second time big ben was accused that you heard a little about it? and not the same way kobe's accusations were broadcast.

My whole thing is they were both rape accusations but it seemed like byrant was guilty until proven innocent and ben was innocent until proven guilty by the media. Thats were the racism in the media comes into play.

nr19
07-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Dan Gilbert did not rip Lebron because he left he ripped him because of the way he left. The way he handled his decision. After 7 years he didn't even talk to the Cavs on the day of his decision.

If Lebron had any class on the way out Gilbert would have thanked him for all he did and moved on. Instead he went out like the uneducated punk he is.

This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with class and respect.

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Well for what its worth I did hear that Dan Gilbert screwed over a lot of people to get where he's at. And I do think people are missing the point here, slavery in this sense isn't referring to the 1800's history of events but in the sense that Lebron was obliged to him (Dan Gilbert) so he can continue to rake in the big bucks.

Public Enemy #1
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
This makes him sound so stupid. Gilbert didn't sound racist or anything like that.

northsider
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
God this guy is a ****ing disease, this never even had a fart of being racism till this **** makes it one. He realizes his only relevance is when racism is present. He is just became a joke in my book and anything he says its like a child wanting attention.

If this was taking as a racist comment I serve you in the same category as him cause I view him as a person not of color, race, ethnicity but, a person who puts America back to days we should be ashamed of.

nr19
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Well for what its worth I did hear that Dan Gilbert screwed over a lot of people to get where he's at. And I do think people are missing the point here, slavery in this sense isn't referring to the 1800's history of events but in the sense that Lebron was obliged to him (Dan Gilbert) so he can continue to rake in the big bucks.

No, he just wanted to be treated with some respect as Lebron walked out the door. He was strung along, played, and then slapped in the face at the end of it. He had every right to be mad.

Blackwater13
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Did he apologize to the Duke Lacrosse players yet?????

philab
07-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Guys guys guys. There's no need for all this race talk.

(1) Jesse Jackson stated that Dan Gilbert felt betrayed by LeBron leaving.

(2) Jesse Jackson then analogized Gilbert's feeling of betrayal to the feelings of betrayal a white slavemaster must obviously feel when one of his slaves runs off.

He provided no other factual similarities.

Now if you can't see the absurdity in the leap from (1) to (2), then you're blind.

Jackson took an emotion -- feeling betrayed -- and then surmised another situation in which someone might feel betrayed. How about slaves and slavemasters? Nevermind that no goddamn slavemaster is going to feel ****ing BETRAYED when a person he's been whipping, beating, and forcing to work without pay for hours on end suddenly runs off.

Jackson's argument falls apart logically before race is brought into the situation. This is like saying, "Dan Gilbert felt sad that LeBron left. It was the kind of sad a slavemaster would have felt as he reaped the benefits of slavelabor." It makes no sense. And even if it did, the implication (in Jackson's statement) that feelings of betrayal are best exemplified in the context of a slave-slavemaster relationship is absolutely absurd. If he wanted to make that leap, he should have analogized the two situations beyond just "feelings of betrayal."

So drop this one. If Jackson had made a coherent argument, we could discuss it. This is just idiocy -- and that statement has nothing to do with Jackson pulling "the race card."

carter80
07-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Jesse Jackson is irrelevant as the dump i took in the toilet this morning.

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
No, he just wanted to be treated with some respect as Lebron walked out the door. He was strung along, played, and then slapped in the face at the end of it. He had every right to be mad.

Well we really don't know what the true reason behind it is but he's free to do whatever he wants, he was a free agent...

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I created this post because of the underlining concerns of using words like "Slave/Master" in an argument of comtemporary sports is ridiculous. Hence Jesse Jackson introduced the racism theme to the debate. You keep saying its a black thing, to quote you, "i said unless you are black you r not goin to understand" hence your stating that only black people can understand and agree with your POV, but I'm black, and yes there is racism in media, but you are wrong because the racist person here is a blackman.

Yes there is racism in the media, congrats, you figured that out. The real argument here is that Jesse Jackson is feeding that racism and enhancing its worth. He is making people like you believe the division is color of skin, and your eating it up with a spoon.... :)

dude, please read carefully im talkin about the media is racist not dan gilbert i said his comments were not racist. I repeat i said dan gilbert's comments were not racist. Jesse Jackson never said gilbert's comments were racist I also said that jesse jackson didnt have to use the slave reference but the fact that the owner was actin like he owned lebron james was irresponsible and very dangerous to lebron and his family. the only point i was making this whole time is that lebron is put out by the media as a villian now, if it was nash the preception would be presented differently by the media.

So lets review. Dan's comments-NOT Racist never said they were
Jesse Jackson- Never said dan was racist
Media- Racist
You- Not black im just kidding i dont know if u are or not :D

denversgm
07-12-2010, 04:28 PM

not even close when nash got his contract offer from the suns i remember reading that he went to dallas to see if they would match it before he took the suns deal.

this is not even close to a race issue. This is about a guy who basically had the cavs do whatever he wanted like taking care of his friends. To then basically give the cavs and the city is from a big F U

all imho

smith&wesson
a slave ? is this dude pulling the race card ?? seriously ?

ok ill be a 100 million dollar slave, whos with me ?

beats being the 50 000 $ slave that i am now.

Teeboy1487
To even compare the Gilbert-Lebron breakup to slavery is a disrespect to all who went through slavery. Lebron aint no slave, and it is an insult to those who went through actual slavery. Jesse Jackson should know better.

I agree. As a African American, I'm truly embarrassed by Jesse Jackson's remarks. Lebron's situation hardly compares to the hardships slaves had to endure. I thought the comparison was faulty, naive, and very extreme. Sometimes I wish Jesse Jackson would STFU.

He has no idea what kind of person Gilbert is. Gilbert was clearly upset and felt betrayed by Lebron. What Gilbert said was stupid but it hardly deserves for him to be called "a slave owner" and to an extent "racist". I think people need to just shutup about Lebron. The more they talk, the more stupid they sound. Lebron made a decision for himself. Let him live with the results and move on.

northsider
07-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Guys guys guys. There's no need for all this race talk.

(1) Jesse Jackson stated that Dan Gilbert felt betrayed by LeBron leaving.

(2) Jesse Jackson then analogized Gilbert's feeling of betrayal to the feelings of betrayal a white slavemaster must obviously feel when one of his slaves runs off.

He provided no other factual similarities.

Now if you can't see the absurdity in the leap from (1) to (2), then you're blind.

Jackson took an emotion -- feeling betrayed -- and then surmised another situation in which someone might feel betrayed. How about slaves and slavemasters? Nevermind that no goddamn slavemaster is going to feel ****ing BETRAYED when a person he's been whipping, beating, and forcing to work without pay for hours on end suddenly runs off.

Jackson's argument falls apart logically before race is brought into the situation. This is like saying, "Dan Gilbert felt sad that LeBron left. It was the kind of sad a slavemaster would have felt as he reaped the benefits of slavelabor." It makes no sense. And even if it did, the implication (in Jackson's statement) that feelings of betrayal are best exemplified in the context of a slave-slavemaster relationship is absolutely absurd. If he wanted to make that leap, he should have analogized the two situations beyond just "feelings of betrayal."

So drop this one. If Jackson had made a coherent argument, we could discuss it. This is just idiocy -- and that statement has nothing to do with Jackson pulling "the race card."

UHHHHHH anything Jesse Jackson has to voice up about has everything to do with Racism if you don't see that you are blinded. The exact reasoning was because this was a black man being discredited in the media by a white man so Jesse Jackson jumped in and used a Slave Master as his example.

npjcajun
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I can't stand him so I am definitely annoyed that he opened his mouth again.

bbblack40
07-12-2010, 04:34 PM
i come to PSD to talk basketball not racism so with that being said GOD bless you all &Yall have a great day

npjcajun
07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
UHHHHHH anything Jesse Jackson has to voice up about has everything to do with Racism if you don't see that you are blinded. The exact reasoning was because this was a black man being discredited in the media by a white man so Jesse Jackson jumped in and used a Slave Master as his example.

Exactamundo

philab
07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
dude, please read carefully im talkin about the media is racist not dan gilbert i said his comments were not racist. I repeat i said dan gilbert's comments were not racist. Jesse Jackson never said gilbert's comments were racist I also said that jesse jackson didnt have to use the slave reference but the fact that the owner was actin like he owned lebron james was irresponsible and very dangerous to lebron and his family. the only point i was making this whole time is that lebron is put out by the media as a villian now, if it was nash the preception would be presented differently by the media.

So lets review. Dan's comments-NOT Racist never said they were
Jesse Jackson- Never said dan was racist
Media- Racist
You- Not black im just kidding i dont know if u are or not :D

Dan Gilbert did not put LeBron and his family in danger. Please.

Few people are defending Gilbert's letter. It was the unedited ramblings of a pissed-off entrepreneur whose business just dropped in value by like 40%. End of story.

As for the Nash hypothetical, it's difficult to accept your assertion. First, Steve Nash has not done any such thing (and hell, he's even had an opportunity!). It's impossible to ask us to imagine Steve Nash doing what LeBron did because we know Steve Nash would not do what LeBron did. Not because he's white, but because he's wired differently. Asking us to picture Steven Nash doing what LeBron did is like asking us to picture Steve Nash as a Chinese woman.

Second, if you want to say a white player would not be cast as a villain the way LeBron has been, you're going to need to a) show that LeBron is being cast as a villain (and by more than just the people of Cleveland, whose feelings are justified and beyond race; see: Thome, Jim) and b) provide evidence that a white person would have been treated different.

Otherwise, you're just implying racism. That's extraordinarily irresponsible.

Master Mind
07-12-2010, 04:38 PM
LeBron James is a ''genius" and the victim of a ''high-tech lynching,'' and Dan Gilbert is an ''ungrateful ... idiot.''

That's how ex-Bull Chet Walker, an NBA pioneer who made free agency possible, reads this summer's biggest free-agent deal. James last week used his free agency to defect from his home-state Cleveland Cavaliers to the Miami Heat and join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

''James is a genius for what he engineered with Wade and Bosh,'' Walker said. ''For the first time in league history, players themselves, not an owner or general manager, put together a championship team.''

Gilbert, the Cavaliers' owner, ripped his former star, calling James' departure a ''cowardly betrayal.'' But what incensed Walker the most was Gilbert's boastful guarantee to his fans: ''I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA championship before the self-titled former 'King' wins one,'' Gilbert wrote in a statement shortly after James announced his decision Thursday night during a prime-time ESPN special.

''Gilbert's an idiot, and you can quote me,'' Walker said. ''I'm retired, 70 years old and can't nobody bother me for speaking my mind. Who's going to want to come play for Cleveland now that LeBron is gone? But I can see players wanting to come play with LeBron, Wade and Bosh because they'll have a great chance to win a ring.

''Gilbert ought to be grateful, if anything, because for seven years LeBron was the team's cash cow. He made a lot of money for the team and for the city. I can see how Gilbert can be hurt and disappointed. But I don't like the way he and so many other people in the media and elsewhere are ripping LeBron. This kid is the victim of a high-tech lynching. You wouldn't believe the hate I'm hearing on talk radio out here in Los Angeles. I'm really [ticked] off.

''I agree with LeBron's decision, and he had a right to decide his own fate. Players only have a limited time window to get what they want out of their NBA careers. LeBron wants to win a ring now, and after seven seasons, he didn't see the Cavaliers doing enough to make that possible. So he took the initiative, made a hard decision and orchestrated one of the biggest deals in league history. Then he left on his own terms and produced his TV special to announce his decision. I thought the TV program was overplayed, but LeBron had a right to leave the way he wanted to leave.''

James, Wade, Bosh and so many other NBA players have pioneers such as Walker to thank for their free-agent fortunes. In the 1970s, Walker teamed with Oscar Robertson and others to sue the NBA for merging with the ABA and limiting players' options in getting the best contracts from the highest bidder. Though the lawsuit was unsuccessful, the litigation helped make free agency possible.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2488068,CST-SPT-lacy12.article

philab
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM

What? This makes no sense.

I know that Jackson's comments were race-related. My point was that we do not need to evaluate the merits of his "argument" because it's so logically flawed.

If I argued that Koreans were an inferior race because they eat oranges and walk on two feet, would the appropriate response be:
A) evaluate the merits of my argument; or
B) note that my argument makes no goddamn sense and move on?

The answer is obvious.

So the point -- no need for us to go into the race talk.

northsider
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
What? This makes no sense.

I know that Jackson's comments were race-related. My point was that we do not need to evaluate the merits of his "argument" because it's so logically flawed.

If I argued that Koreans were an inferior race because they eat oranges and walk on two feet, would the appropriate response be:
A) evaluate the merits of my argument; or
B) note that my argument makes no goddamn sense and move on?

The answer is obvious.

So the point -- no need for us to go into the race talk.

The OP question was anyone else upset about his comments and most people are stating why they are upset. If he had used any other remark about the situation rather then using a example between a Slave Master and a Owner of a team????? How is that not a prime example of how Jesse Jackson manipulates any situation into a race card one involving a black man and a white man.

I get what your saying but, where I disagree is saying that since it was a ignorant similarity we should ignore it. I see it as this is a person who is constantly putting his mouth in some situations he shouldn't and saying we should ignore it is accepting his demeanor when I feel it should be adressed he no longer helps situations as he once did but, escalates them.

We can def. go on from here but, I am going to hope you will respond and we will both agree to disagree.

philab
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
The OP question was anyone else upset about his comments and most people are stating why they are upset. If he had used any other remark about the situation rather then using a example between a Slave Master and a Owner of a team????? How is that not a prime example of how Jesse Jackson manipulates any situation into a race card one involving a black man and a white man.

I get what your saying but, where I disagree is saying that since it was a ignorant similarity we should ignore it. I see it as this is a person who is constantly putting his mouth in some situations he shouldn't and saying we should ignore it is accepting his demeanor when I feel it should be adressed he no longer helps situations as he once did but, escalates them.

We can def. go on from here but, I am going to hope you will respond and we will both agree to disagree.

Jesse Jackson is an attention whore. At very, very rare times, Jesse Jackson, in all his attention-whoring glory, can have a valid point or, at least, serve as a springboard to a valid point.

Here, Jesse Jackson has no valid point, as I pointed out in earlier posts. And further, there is no valid point to be found in the ashes of his argument.

Given that, there is no reason to be discussing Jesse Jackson or his comments in this particular context other than to give him the attention he so desperately seeks.

So forgive me for asking that we not pay Jesse Jackson the attention he craves, considering that his argument here is not worthy of a discussion. If you want to discuss Jesse Jackson's harm to society, I'd point out to you that Jesse Jackson's harm to society is derivative of the attention continually paid to Jesse Jackson.

ellisgw
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I agree 100 percent what Jesse said. Lebron did not owe him anything and he acted like he owned lebron.

northsider
07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Jesse Jackson is an attention whore. At very, very rare times, Jesse Jackson, in all his attention-whoring glory, can have a valid point or, at least, serve as a springboard to a valid point.

Here, Jesse Jackson has no valid point, as I pointed out in earlier posts. And further, there is no valid point to be found in the ashes of his argument.

Given that, there is no reason to be discussing Jesse Jackson or his comments in this particular context other than to give him the attention he so desperately seeks.

So forgive me for asking that we not pay Jesse Jackson the attention he craves, considering that his argument here is not worthy of a discussion. If you want to discuss Jesse Jackson's harm to society, I'd point out to you that Jesse Jackson's harm to society is derivative of the attention continually paid to Jesse Jackson.

Point taken.

philab
07-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Actually, in keeping with my earlier posts, nevermind.

EDIT: Not nevermind to northsider; nevermind re: ripping ellisgw to shreds.

Eyegazym27
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Jesse Jackson's comments on anything are only controversial. the guy has nothing else going for him and is always looking for an opportunity to turn some heads and get himself noticed... and by the way..its obviously working way too well. bottom line is the stupid media loves controversy and so do those that watch and read the news. i always say ESPN is on its way towards becoming TMZ anyway

D Roses Bulls
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM

Jesse Jackson is a racist. always has been a racist. whats funny is even most black people cant stand this guy either. he really just needs to shut up and not speak.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Opionions are one thing. Comparing another man to a slave owner w/ no basis for such comments is way out of line.

koLohe2133
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
just to get some clarification I have a question
When kobe was accused of rape why is it that everytime i turned on sportscenter it was being talked about 24/7?
But when Big Ben for the steelers was accused of rape you barely heard about? in fact it wasnt until the second time big ben was accused that you heard a little about it? and not the same way kobe's accusations were broadcast.

My whole thing is they were both rape accusations but it seemed like byrant was guilty until proven innocent and ben was innocent until proven guilty by the media. Thats were the racism in the media comes into play.

kobe was ARRESTED

big ben was sued.

HUGE FREAKIN DIFFERENCE

masalex1205
07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
**** Jesse Jackson

tribalpinoy
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Let's free all the "Slaves" from the multi million dollar contracts!!!!

hype707
07-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Jesse Jackson should not talk about things he doesnt know anything about

JerzeyFresh
07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Not at alll, he made himself look like even more of a moron then he already has in the past.

Bruno
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey Jesse, why don't you go bad mouth the Jews again. Yeah, the Jews, remember them? The majority of white people who stood by your side during the Civil Rights era? Oh wait, you already did that, and it cost you the democratic nomination for the presidency in 1988.

Jesse has contributed some great stuff to our nation, he walked with Dr. King, but that doesn't make him infallible, or incapable of saying stupid stuff. Which he often does. Open mouth, insert foot.

WITZ
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM

:clap: , Jackson is reachin.

Funkyfresh
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Why are calling Jesse Jackson a f@ggot when he helped black get civil rights so they can live as citizens. His statement was correct. You don't talk racial history between blacks and whites about which was worse.

you think blacks had it worse let tell you something history about mankind white people. they meme the native americans close to Extinction , jews were sent to camps because hitler said they are they ones who mess germany up and you and this *** hat said our great grand parent were slaves 200 year ago big deal the jews and natives will always. btw jew and native were slave too you know. oh it Martin luther king jr your thinking or mel x " i think the white people so kiss the fatest part of my @$$":facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I think Jesse Jackson is one of the most racist people in America. He assumes that any white people hate blacks. He makes an assumption of their views off of the color of their skin. Isn't that what he claims to be trying to stop?

Funkyfresh
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
thank you

Gators123
07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
**** Jesse Jackson

This.

WillisLovechild
07-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I wish someone put a bullet in this guy, and Al Sharpton. These idiots make non-issues into giant racial dilemmas.

ellisgw
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
you think blacks had it worse let tell you something history about mankind white people. they meme the native americans close to Extinction , jews were sent to camps because hitler said they are they ones who mess germany up and you and this *** hat said our great grand parent were slaves 200 year ago big deal the jews and natives will always. btw jew and native were slave too you know. oh it Martin luther king jr your thinking or mel x " i think the white people so kiss the fatest part of my @$$":facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Blacks had 300 years of slavery and murder. Then blacks had to endure kkk killing thousands of black people for nothing. Kkk was first terrorist organizatio in the US made by white people. Compared to any other race in America white people have been the most racist in American history.

Bubba313
07-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Can we all agree this guy is a disgrace to people like Martin Luther King Jr., who after all he fought for can now look at a society that is much improved from what we live in.

All Jesse Jackson sees is race, while MLK would revel at the way our society has worshipped him for his greatness and our ability to overlook race.

Do0msday
07-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I wish someone put a bullet in this guy, and Al Sharpton. These idiots make non-issues into giant racial dilemmas.

I wouldn't go that far, but it really does seem that they only open their mouth in order to gain attention FOR THEMSELVES, not for what they claim they stand for.

We all know Gilbert didn't exactly handle this the best way, but it is NOT a race issue. Oh yes, it is obviously a racial issue because Gilbert was waiting to throw a max contract at Lebron to have him "slave away" in Cleveland. Gilbert actually WANTED Lebron there and was willing to pay as much money as possible. How is this a racial issue at all? JJ needs to just go back to not talking publically.

ombada
07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
This thread needs to be locked up...

Nick the Savior
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
lebron will win a championship the day jesse dies... hopefully thats soon

Blackwater13
07-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Blacks had 300 years of slavery and murder. Then blacks had to endure kkk killing thousands of black people for nothing. Kkk was first terrorist organizatio in the US made by white people. Compared to any other race in America white people have been the most racist in American history.

And more white American's died in a Civil War than all other wars combined in an act that lead to their freedom so whats your point???

We're talking about now, today not 300 freaking years ago. It really is time to move on from that. Racism only exists if you allow it to.

Mrphilly
07-12-2010, 06:47 PM
And more white American's died in a Civil War than all other wars combined in an act that lead to their freedom so whats your point???

We're talking about now, today not 300 freaking years ago. It really is time too move on from that. Racism only exists if you allow it to.

Really, how do you not all it to happen??? Racism is not a dream you can wake up from.

If moving on from that was that easy, all people would have done it already.

dtmagnet
07-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Jesse Jackson can blow it out his ***.

shen
07-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Jesse Jackson is one of many many white and black people that the world would be much better off without. He has made it his life's work to spread hate. He is a looser, racist, and just plain idiot. He is a person that even if caught on film waving to the camera while robbing someone will say black guy is innocent the of crime.

I wish people would just ignore him. Only has power as long as we as a society give it to him. A large part of this is do to the media and there willingness to do anything for ratings. The media will report flat out lies and manipulate anything if they think will get more viewers. It is appalling and needs to be put to an end.

Mrphilly
07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Last I checked, slave owners didn't pay their slaves millions of dollars or treat them like royalty. Gilbert acted like a complete douche and showed an incredible lack of class, but lets not turn this into a race issue.

Last time I checked, he never called him a slave owner. So you stop making it a race issue.

Slave owner mentality doesnt mean slave owner. Just because have
that mentality does not mean you are that.

chisoxfan99
07-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Gilbert could have said the exact same thing to a player of different race and there would be no problem of it from Jesse Jackson. Jackson is just an idiot now a days.

barreleffact
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
i would really like to see the races of everyone who has responded. i think it would be an interesting study. do i think JJ was wrong, in a sense yes. im black and i never took it that way, but does he have points? yes. and with all the racism he's witnessed he can see some borderline foul stuff as racism. its in the interpretation of the recipient. racism is very much still alive and the main people who turn away from it and proclaim its gone generally arent minorities. not because you have to be a minority to be racist, but because if you havent seen something often, you really dont pay attention to it. think about the episode of south park with apologies to jesse jackson" it ended with stan finally understanding that he has no idea how it feels to be belittled or to hear the n word said and he never can see. same principle here. you wont see if your eyes arent open to it.

in short, were his words overbored? yes. but was gilberts statement similar to that of a master? yes. he wanted that n***a to make him more money...nothing brings out feelings of loss and ownership more than green....

barreleffact
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM

We're talking about now, today not 300 freaking years ago. It really is time to move on from that. Racism only exists if you allow it to.

lol...ive never thought of it that way. racism must be a fairy tail then cuz ive never allowed it. lol. thats hilarious. this statement and the ones earlier about jews and native americans are priceless for their ignorance. you dont compare pain and anguish and wrongs. 300 years of slavery isnt a bragging right. it isnt something to gloat about. its a shameful history of losses and being powerless. its terrible that we take for granted many of the things that they would have died for, not just 300 years ago. we take for granted things that they would have died for 50 years ago...30 years ago. hell even into the 70's and 80s **** was terrible for us. it took until1968 i think for my state to allow blacks to go to school there and we needed body guards just to stop our harrassments. so please, its much easier to say get over something when you OBVIOUSLY have never had anything to get over of that magnitude

Can we all agree this guy is a disgrace to people like Martin Luther King Jr., who after all he fought for can now look at a society that is much improved from what we live in.

All Jesse Jackson sees is race, while MLK would revel at the way our society has worshipped him for his greatness and our ability to overlook race.

no. while our society is much improved, it still isnt perfect. and IMO there is nothing wrong with searching for perfection. are there better tactics? maybe, but he wants equality and we are not there yet in totality.

kobe was ARRESTED

big ben was sued.

HUGE FREAKIN DIFFERENCE

sued twice vs arrested once. people still claim that he did it to this day just to tarnish his reputation when noone of sane mind would have believed he raped that homely lookin woman even before she was a proven ****. hell he even admitted he slept with her but not raped her.

redwhitenblue
07-12-2010, 08:17 PM
i would really like to see the races of everyone who has responded. i think it would be an interesting study. do i think JJ was wrong, in a sense yes. im black and i never took it that way, but does he have points? yes. and with all the racism he's witnessed he can see some borderline foul stuff as racism. its in the interpretation of the recipient. racism is very much still alive and the main people who turn away from it and proclaim its gone generally arent minorities. not because you have to be a minority to be racist, but because if you havent seen something often, you really dont pay attention to it. think about the episode of south park with apologies to jesse jackson" it ended with stan finally understanding that he has no idea how it feels to be belittled or to hear the n word said and he never can see. same principle here. you wont see if your eyes arent open to it.

in short, were his words overbored? yes. but was gilberts statement similar to that of a master? yes. he wanted that n***a to make him more money...nothing brings out feelings of loss and ownership more than green....
With all the racism JJ has seen?

In the last 20 years, the amount of actual racially-based events are slim to none.

And many times, the overreaction has come from the looting and rioting of the African-American after it's determined that there was no racial backing to the claims.

barreleffact
07-12-2010, 08:32 PM
With all the racism JJ has seen?

In the last 20 years, the amount of actual racially-based events are slim to none.

And many times, the overreaction has come from the looting and rioting of the African-American after it's determined that there was no racial backing to the claims.

who determines whats racist? its an interpretive thing... theres many times when u have to clue in on things to see the intentions n nature. im not saying he's right nor has he been right for much of the past but he deals w racism everyday. hes gonna see it more than most.

Blackwater13
07-12-2010, 09:09 PM
lol...ive never thought of it that way. racism must be a fairy tail then cuz ive never allowed it. lol. thats hilarious. this statement and the ones earlier about jews and native americans are priceless for their ignorance. you dont compare pain and anguish and wrongs. 300 years of slavery isnt a bragging right. it isnt something to gloat about. its a shameful history of losses and being powerless. its terrible that we take for granted many of the things that they would have died for, not just 300 years ago. we take for granted things that they would have died for 50 years ago...30 years ago. hell even into the 70's and 80s **** was terrible for us. it took until1968 i think for my state to allow blacks to go to school there and we needed body guards just to stop our harrassments. so please, its much easier to say get over something when you OBVIOUSLY have never had anything to get over of that magnitude

When were you born?

barreleffact
07-12-2010, 09:11 PM
When were you born?

88. but thats irrelevant. ive seen things in my day that r just blatant so i can only imagine wat he has seen

but the question is irrelevant honestly. it matters not what ive seen or gone through. the fact that i am black puts me in situations that non minorities will never know. the fact that i am black changes the world im in ways that others cant imagine

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 09:26 PM
not upset but this idiot needs to stfu and he is a joke.....there is no racism in sports and this douche should just stay out of it and stop instigating the people.....

Cubs420
07-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Your joking right?

BTW Jesse Jackson is embarrassment... So is his corrupt *** son...

RocketPower2010
07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Why? His opinion is ridiculous. You have to earn the right to have an opinion if you want to have an established level of credibility. Jackson has no credibility. He's a joke.

FREEDOM

OF

EXPRESSION

as long as he doesn't begin a riot with his statements, it is legal. I agree with you that there is no credibility, but he had every right to say what he did.

jrodmesche
07-12-2010, 09:49 PM
everyone should be upset with gilbert for being such a dumbass:mad:

the_jon
07-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Dan Glibert lol

jiggin
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
JJ is an attention whore that tries to use the spotlight to justify his "face" of the NAACP.

The only issue I have with these types of situations is it desensatizes the racial issue all together. This is not racism, this is a business man overreacting when a former employee completely snubs him in his attempts to call and get information from that employee so that the business can know if they need to go a different direction or not.

This isn't racism...its business. Its like not giving your 2 weeks notice before you leave a job. Its just rude, unprofessional and immature.

The worst part is, lebron and most of his lemming fans don't see the disrespect ect...Sad state of affairs if people can't even recognize disrespect or try and justify it.

Viper2000
07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
wow, this has been a great thread. as soon as i saw the title i thought "oh boy, this is going to get ugly fast". at the end of the day, here's something we can all agree on.

Dan Gilbert made the worst guarantee ever: http://tiny.cc/5dl21
no way the Cavs win a championship in the next 5 years. am i wrong?

jiggin
07-12-2010, 10:09 PM
everyone should be upset with gilbert for being such a dumbass:mad:

why is he a dumbass?

Viper2000
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
why is he a dumbass?

have you read "the letter"?

jiggin
07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
have you read "the letter"?

yeah...again, he has MILLIONS of dollars in that business and was completely disrespected by a guy that he had under contract through July 1st, who completely ignored phone calls and messages about his situation to respectfully keep the team that drafted him and helped make him who he is today.

The letter was written out of frustration because LBJ completely disrespected the organization he had been with by not keeping them informed about what was going on.

THIS IS A BUSINESS for these owners. MILLIONS are at stake and LBJ toyed with CLE when he could have taken the high road and let everyone know (especially his home town team) what he was thinking.

I don't blame Gilbert...what he did was in response to how HORRIBLE LBJ handled the situation. How could THE LETTER been avoided? LBJ could have handled the situation like an adult, a professional and a man....but he didn't.

nessythegreat
07-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Jesse Jackson has EVERY RIGHT to say his opinion on the matter

nessythegreat
07-13-2010, 12:09 AM
and I have EVERY RIGHT to say that he is a dumb, racist douchebag who needs to get a life

Jeff559
07-13-2010, 12:12 AM
i am not upset by jesse jackson. The man is too much of a moron for me to waste negative engery on. If anything it is comical.

topdog
07-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Would this have been said, if Gilbert were black? Wouldn't his reaction have been the same if Lebron was white?

Jackson needs to come into the 21st century. We still have plenty of racial tension and issues in our country, but what the hell does an owner being mad about his star player leaving the club on live tv have to do with race or slavery?

Thisisouryear!!
07-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Jackson playing the race card, AGAIN SHOCKER!

guys a joke.

SANDBURG23
07-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I wish someone would come out of the wood work and smash him woth a bat. I lived in chicago my whole and I'm so sick of these racist windbag doing what ever it takes to get on the news. Most of what he has done his whole liofe has been anti-productive.
To bad Ray wasn't a bad shoot and missed by a few feet and hit this JA.

mynameismo
07-13-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm not upset. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.

1) Jackson isn't even a part of this, so he can keep on talking and it wouldn't matter.

2) I think Gilbert went over the line with his letter, but I really couldn't blame him. What can a disappointed owner tell their fans? But still, it doesn't justify SOME of what he wrote.

3) I think Lebron was RIGHT in picking Miami because it's where he has the best chance to win. However, I disagree with the manner that he did it. It's either he is really a douche who doesn't care about hurting his fans, or he was ill-advised and unaware of the magnitude of his one hour spectacle. Either way, the harm has been done.

buckets
07-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Does anybody even know what Jesse Jackson does???? I know he has the "Rev." title before his name but aside from that , who does he think he is?
Yes - I agree Dan Gilbert's comments were unprofessional, but why does Jesse Jackson need to make it a "slave" issue? Every time this guy sticks his nose where it does not belong it becomes a racial issue. It's freakin' professional basketball = business. It's not some kind of social issue or political view. Personally, I think Jesse jackson is an eeeeedyat for even mentioning the slave topic. He makes comments that position black people as the only ones that were enslaved, but if he would pick up a history book he would see that pretty much every nation has been a slave to another nation at some point in world history. Jesse Jackson is enslaved with his narrow views and needs to check himself. At the end of the day, Lebron left Cleveland for Miami to win a ring not to stick it to "the man" I'm not a big Lebron fan by any means, however I am a fan of free will which is what Lebron ,Chris Bosh and Wade have applied. Keep in mind they haven't won anything yet and if they do, they will know that the right choice was made by all players. If anything, it may be a good thing for the game of basketball to see how competitive other teams that have already been counted out will be. Looking forward to the upcoming season minus comments from eeedyat Jackson who is still trapped in a "primitive mentality":clap:.

sargon21
07-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Does anybody even know what Jesse Jackson does???? I know he has the "Rev." title before his name but aside from that , who does he think he is?
Yes - I agree Dan Gilbert's comments were unprofessional, but why does Jesse Jackson need to make it a "slave" issue? Every time this guy sticks his nose where it does not belong it becomes a racial issue. It's freakin' professional basketball = business. It's not some kind of social issue or political view. Personally, I think Jesse jackson is an eeeeedyat for even mentioning the slave topic. He makes comments that position black people as the only ones that were enslaved, but if he would pick up a history book he would see that pretty much every nation has been a slave to another nation at some point in world history. Jesse Jackson is enslaved with his narrow views and needs to check himself. At the end of the day, Lebron left Cleveland for Miami to win a ring not to stick it to "the man" I'm not a big Lebron fan by any means, however I am a fan of free will which is what Lebron ,Chris Bosh and Wade have applied. Keep in mind they haven't won anything yet and if they do, they will know that the right choice was made by all players. If anything, it may be a good thing for the game of basketball to see how competitive other teams that have already been counted out will be. Looking forward to the upcoming season minus comments from eeedyat Jackson who is still trapped in a "primitive mentality":clap:.

i agree, and to the ppl tht continue to say "free speech, free speech", we get it, he is entitled to speak, but this is another case of Jesse Jackson making a racial issue out of something that is purely non-existent. and to ppl who argue this, you're kidding yourself if you believe that if lebron was white and gilbert wouldnt have said the same things

bigmac8675
07-13-2010, 02:29 AM
I don't give a **** about Jesse Jackson... that guy is a ****ing joke.

KING.WADE.BOSH
07-13-2010, 02:43 AM
dan gilbert is a joke he is giving the city of cleveland a bad name and rep .. i agree with the rev 100% gilbert sounds like a whiney little girl and he doesnt deserve the king to be there .. have fun trying to sign free agents now,, that dirtball has messed it up for cleveland he is just mad he is going to be losing money rather then getting his money back what a walking tampon....

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/gilbert0408.jpg what a douche

LakeShowRaider
07-13-2010, 02:57 AM
I hate it when people pull out the race card unnecessarily.

I mean **** if LeBron was white but his game was just as good and everything else played out the same. I think the same **** would've happened.

Way to add to the racial tension problem

Afridi786
07-13-2010, 02:58 AM
dan gilbert is a joke he is giving the city of cleveland a bad name and rep .. i agree with the rev 100% gilbert sounds like a whiney little girl and he doesnt deserve the king to be there .. have fun trying to sign free agents now,, that dirtball has messed it up for cleveland he is just mad he is going to be losing money rather then getting his money back what a walking tampon....

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/gilbert0408.jpg what a douche
...says the brand new Heat fan.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

JLynn943
07-13-2010, 03:12 AM
This is what Jesse Jackson does. It's not worth getting upset over. Sometimes he'll point out something legitimate, but most of the time he twists situations and makes something out of nothing. The more people get upset about it, the more attention he gets, and, really, that's his goal.

rhaas74
07-13-2010, 05:13 AM
I am not upset about Jesse Jackson, you expect this from him. What I am upset about is Michael Wilbon going on PTI and agreeing with him that this was all a race issue. He is, sorry was, a respected journalist.

The Raven
07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Jesse Jackson is a complete idiot. Such stupid remarks from a guy who is no longer even relevant

seanbond
07-13-2010, 06:40 AM
How would you feel if you lost Lebron? I am tired of all of this racism ****... Jesse Jackson knew Dr martin luther king jr... This is not the dream that Dr King saw... This is just a continual revenge tactic to get back at people that didnt even do anything wrong... I mean my family fought for the north, which means we were on the side that died and killed to free slaves... THere may have been political motive, but not by the soldiers that died... THis is ********... Jesse Jackson needs to help President Obama and stop watchin sports if all he is gonna do is call the Naacp, and have a million man march every time someone with darker skin than me is criticized... i mean i do you know how pissed i was being from Wisconsin and seeing Favre leave... i am a vikings fan now... But jerry farwell didnt go all over the airwaves claiming that Favre was being discriminated... JESSE JACKSON, stop all this ********, because you are just fueling the fire... Stick up for a white boy that is being hated on too...

BaustinSali08
07-13-2010, 06:42 AM
The only part I agree with was the idea that the Cav's owner felt he owned Lebron and not the Cavs, but I don't agree with calling it slavery just dumb.

BaustinSali08
07-13-2010, 06:42 AM
The only part I agree with was the idea that the Cav's owner felt he owned Lebron and not the Cavs, but I don't agree with calling it slavery just dumb.