PDA

View Full Version : Starting Rotation after All-Star Break

fatkev78
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Toronto Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston will trim his starting rotation to include just three regular starters and have his fill-in hurlers added as he goes along the way.

Gaston told Sportsnet on Sunday that after the upcoming All-Star break, his regular rotation will include the trio of Ricky Romero, Brandon Morrow and Shaun Marcum.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2010/07/11/cito_jays_starters/

So, why has Cecil lost a regular spot in the rotation?
This can't be right.....

marcre
07-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Maybe he's a fill-in? Try to cut his innings… I'm just guessing here. There was talk of them going to a six man rotation.

scotttube
07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure what's going on. They may be trying to limit the innings of Cecil, Rzepczynski and Litsch but I'm not sure any of them are approaching their innings limit. The only one who is near their innings limit is Morrow since he was mostly a reliever in Seattle and he's already at 100 IP. I thought his limit for this year is at like 150 or something including his MLB and AAA innings from last year.

BlueJayCarter
07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
You guys are right. If anything you would want to limit Morrow, probably Litsch and Rzep after that as they didn't get to many innings last year, and for Listch coming off a serious injury. But Cecil you would think would be in the top 3 as he has pitched alot more over the last couple of years.

Cecil might be hurt?

Or this is just Cito trying to mess with everyone.

HT9Canada
07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
or could these be the first 3 pitchers due to start when we return. it seems like the jays would refrain from cutting the amount of starters and add more. ie. the 6 man rotation

Frank Costanza
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
none of this goes down after the post all star game winning streak

ayeye

bartron_44
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't understand why Cecil wasn't mentioned either, he has pitched great over the first half..He leads the team in wins, has 13 decisions in 15 starts, has only thrown 93 innings, and has an ERA under 4. He had a rough patch at the end of June, but has bounced back with 2 quality starts against good teams in the Yankees and Twins.

Do you know why I really hope happens in the second half? I hope Cito decides to leave managing early, and give the skipper spot to someone who knows when to yank a pitcher. He constantly leaves pitchers in too long and lets them get rocked for a while before taking them out. Prime example, Litsch should have never faced Papi the other night after giving up the no-no, and then getting taken deep ffs. They should have stalled if they had to , and brought in a lefty to face Papi after giving up the lead that late in the game. Instead, he leaves him in there, and he throws another meatball in there and gets taken deep again, and the Jays lose 3-2. I know Litsch pitched another inning, and only gave up 3 runs over 7 against a good lineup, but in that game, Cito should have known 2 runs was enough to have to come back..

nithanyo
07-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Cito is getting up there in age. Maybe he just forgot lol

But the only other reason could be cus they are trying to cut his innings in a rebuilding season or maybe he is injured(knock on wood)

H-MYK
07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
I rather have him include a 4th starter, I don't like the idea of 3 starter rotation.

donatolla
07-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Well...it could very well be innings. I'd like to see Cecil finish the year as much as anyone, but my math says that he has to pitch fewer innings in the second half than in the first.

Now, if that were actually true, then Morrow would actually have to be shut down first (probably after about another 40 innings). Theoretically, Scrabble is ok to the end of the year - injuries aside, he could exceed 180IP.

I'm going to go with Cito is bat ***** crazy.

StealingSigns
07-13-2010, 11:26 PM
They have to make room for Gustavo Chacin :cheer:

bartron_44
07-14-2010, 11:09 AM
maybe this means we will see Drabek and Stewart :)....they both look ready for a taste of the show..

After seeing todays trade though, I wonder if more are in the works, and Cito knows something that we don't?

McJoe
07-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Maybe he's a fill-in? Try to cut his innings… I'm just guessing here. There was talk of them going to a six man rotation.

Thats certainly possible. Cecil threw just under 150 innings last season and he has already matched the 93.1 he threw in the bigs last year. I could see them making sure to limit him to 180 ish innings. I dont know if I would push him further than that.

Cecil deserves a spot and you probably have to give the other one to Scrabbles at least for now.

wamco
07-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I think it is a misunderstanding

marcre
07-15-2010, 01:11 AM
agreed.

H-MYK
07-15-2010, 07:54 PM
They have to make room for Gustavo Chacin :cheer:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but he's pitching for Houston now.

wamco
07-15-2010, 09:10 PM
wow, turn the sarcasm detector up 10 clicks

T.O. Fan
07-15-2010, 10:55 PM
^^^lmfao