PDA

View Full Version : Responsibility

KTheo77
07-12-2010, 10:57 AM
I would like someone to explain to me how the Cavaliers failure to win an NBA championship is Lebron James fault. When playoff time came around the whole team dissappeared and watched him go 1 on 5. Everyone likes to compare him with Jordan and say he is a loser cause he didn't do what M.J did in Chicago. But look at the finals games that the Bulls one. I see John Paxson hitting the game winner and Tony Kukoc in another. His teammates stepped up and hit the big shots when he was doubled. They didn't just clear out and expect him to do everything. You can't blame the one individual, it was the TEAM that failed.

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
ibtl........u sound like a newest heat fan.......lol

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 11:11 AM
He screwed them. He was the anti-Wade. Wade understood that you guys could not go out and make major moves while still maintaining flexibility for this summer. He made sure MIA knew they had his blessing to wait. LBJ wanted to be able to add a major 2010 FA, but still make moves in the meantime. He refused to give them any reassurance that he intended to stay, so they were forced to make moves for average players in an effort to keep LBJ happy. Then when it didn't work, he jumped ship.

AddiX
I would like someone to explain to me how the Cavaliers failure to win an NBA championship is Lebron James fault. When playoff time came around the whole team dissappeared and watched him go 1 on 5. Everyone likes to compare him with Jordan and say he is a loser cause he didn't do what M.J did in Chicago. But look at the finals games that the Bulls one. I see John Paxson hitting the game winner and Tony Kukoc in another. His teammates stepped up and hit the big shots when he was doubled. They didn't just clear out and expect him to do everything. You can't blame the one individual, it was the TEAM that failed.

The whole team was built around James.

James is the one that is there to create for them. He's the superstar. It's on his back to get something going the same way Wade took over in the finals when his team was down 3-0.

John Paxson and Kukoc hitting big shots is nice, but no one knows there names unless they play on the Bulls with MJ. Guys like that were good because MJ demanded that much attention.

REALLYYYYY?

lol, indeed.

REALLYYYYY?
07-12-2010, 11:16 AM

LeQueen just blew his chances at (probably) ever again being legitimately compared to MJ or even KB.

...I still do not understand LeLoser's stupid "decision." The only things that make sense are that he just wants to live close to a beach, is good friends with Wade and Bosh, and/or had too big of a problem with Chicago not allowing special favors for his friends and family. Otherwise, it just seems like a horrible move for him to have gone to the Heat...

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 11:18 AM

James is the one that is there to create for them. He's the superstar. It's on his back to get something going the same way Wade took over in the finals when his team was down 3-0.

John Paxson and Kukoc hitting big shots is nice, but no one knows there names unless they play on the Bulls with MJ. Guys like that were good because MJ demanded that much attention.

well most teams have duos back in the Jordan era.

in this era, teams are stacking their teams with at least 3 star players to even have a chance to win the championship. case in point the last 3 NBA championships all have at least three star players on the team.

Lebron ain't gonna smell a championship with a player at his twilight in Jamison.

Cleveland locked themselves into long term contracts and didn't prepare for the biggest free agency for years to come. at least clear up space to that you can at least get one of the other stars. The GM panicked and the Jamison deal was a last ditch effort.

BronBron06
07-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Most important supporting cast overlooked... COACH

Big Ben was getting Raped by Dwight no action

It takes 4 games for Mike Brown to realize Jamison is getting killed by KG

So do you think...

Mike Brown = Pat Riley

or

Mike Brown = Phil Jackson

I already knew Jamario Moon from the start would be the deciding factor if Cavs will win or lose

But no, Stupid Mike Brown Benched him when Moon was hot and Moon never returned to the floor, Parker and Mo was killed on the floor, same with D-West very limited minutes....

Seriously who is the 2nd best player of the Cavs behind James, I say D-West not MO, Not Jamison

GSW Hoops
07-12-2010, 11:32 AM
:horse:

Lakerfrk
07-12-2010, 12:09 PM
If you are the best player on your team... then its your glory if you win, and your fault if you lose.

Raoul Duke
07-12-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't think anyone blames him for the loss. The thing that made him look like a bit of douche was how he left Cleveland. He was noncommunicative and unapologetic, and the whole thing came off seeming like he knew all along that he wasn't sticking around. I don't blame him for leaving, but I also don't blame the people of Ohio if he's offically dead to them.

JasonJohnHorn
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I dont think anybody thinks its ALL LBJ's fault, its more a matter of leaving unfinished business. MJ stayed around with the Bulls even though he could have easily jumped onto a contender like Cleveland, LA, Boston, Detroit, Philly or Houston back in the day (all those teams were either title contenders or would have been with the addition MJ).

LBJ did have bad games when it was important. His FG% dropped off the map with Boston and the same could be said for the Orlando series last year, though he gave Boston everything he had in '08, that much is for sure.

But Cleveland management did enough on their own to stunt the growth of the team. Trying to make that back-door deal with Boozer an releasing him and watching him go to Utah as a free agent when they didnt yet have his Larry Bird rights and he would have been a restricted free agent after his third year, and that would have given them the legit number two option they've needed. This season they also brough in Jamison, a power forward, via trade when what they actually needed was a shooting guard since they already had Shaq, Big Z, Varajao and Hickson in the front court with LBJ and all were playing well. Had they made a move for a guy like Hamilton, or another shooting guard, this year's Cavs team would have been different come playoff time and would have been a better match for team like Boston and LA.

And they also got rid of a great coach in Paul Silas and failed to fired a glorified assistant in Mike Brown three years ago when they should have. I have a lot of respect for Mike Brown as a defensive coach, but he just never seemed to be a good X's and O's guy on offence and never had anything more than an LBJ isolation play when they needed a shot.

So there is plenty of blame to go around.

As for LBJ leaving town. Yeah. It sucks. And it does kind of feel like he is a turncoat, but he has the right to make his own choices, for better or for worse, but I think later in his career he will regret not staying in Cleveland and pushing that team to a title, and I think he will see guys like Duncan, and Robinson, and Kobe and Stockton and Miller and bird and Magic, having all retired wearing one jersey their entire career and think: I wish I had done that. I mean, look at Shaq. He jumped shipped, got traded, got traded again and got traded again, and not he may likely be playing for his 6th NBA team this year. I mean, Shaq is still a great player, and his move to LA obviously paid off, but had he stayed in Orlando, I think he would have found that winning multiple titles there (which i believe he would have) would have been much more fulfilling.

Hind sight is 20/20, so we'll have to wait and see, but as for the Cavs not winning, it certainly isnt all on James, and a lot of the games they did were, LBJ was the difference maker.

BronBron06
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Seriously...

4 games for Mike Brown to realize KG is owning Jamison

and at the 5th game Shaq on KG still fails LOL

Ummm how about not prepared at WINNING

Silly fans thinks

Mike Brown = Pat Riley

cant you really see the difference?

I want to point this out again because people only look at the Leader, not his support, It's like having a building with weak support, when earthquake comes, the building crumbles.

dpospish
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
LeQueen just blew his chances at (probably) ever again being legitimately compared to MJ or even KB.

...I still do not understand LeLoser's stupid "decision." The only things that make sense are that he just wants to live close to a beach, is good friends with Wade and Bosh, and/or had too big of a problem with Chicago not allowing special favors for his friends and family. Otherwise, it just seems like a horrible move for him to have gone to the Heat...

How do you not understand his decision? He wants to win a ring, and Miami is where it will happen. Seems pretty simple to me.

dpospish
07-12-2010, 12:54 PM

James is the one that is there to create for them. He's the superstar. It's on his back to get something going the same way Wade took over in the finals when his team was down3-0.

Miami was never down 3-0.

DCsports
07-12-2010, 12:57 PM
no one, not kobe or MJ could have won a title with the cavs roster.

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Jordan had all the Bulls points in the 4th quarter in that game until Paxson's 3.

RocketPower2010
07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
LBJ had all of the cavs points in the 4th and overtime in game 5 against the Pistons. So what?

The point is that it doesn't happen often. Don't expect your star player to do that for 7 games in a series and carry u to a win. You need the Fishers, Horrys, Poseys to win a championship.

Jamison and Mo are pitiful clutch players.

mlisica19
07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Jordan is who he is not just because of his talent and achievements but because of his decisions on and off the court. Jordan was no coward, he didn't run off with Clyde to go join Barkley in Phoenix. He didn't make it a big deal everytime his contract was up. And jordan went on without a ring much longer than James has already yet he managed to bring home 6. Even if lebron wins this year, there is no way that feeling can compare to Jordan going through several knock outs and sweeps until the day he led HIS team to the glory.

Scottie Pippen did not come out of no where either. They built around Jordan, giving him a hardworking smart coach. Adding solid players and then over the years they managed to trade for the rookie pippen who saw time off the bench. But like jordan, pippen quickly became an all star and his partner in crime. James will never be the greatest in my eyes, Jordan could have ran off at the age of 24 himself (whose stats were similar if not better than the so called "king") and make his money and easily make a dream team.

Kobe yes got lucky, he was traded after the draft to a team that was eyeing him from the bvegining. He quickly saw time and became a duo with Shaq. But after shaq left, kobe and the lakers were never the same. But you never saw him leave? And now look... 2 more rings and now a team that is still capable of doing more.

James' decision may very well have created a precedent/principle that its simply okay to run away from the probelm and find the easiest solution. He didn't even leave at bad times? Lebron led his team to a number one ranking, they were a top tier team.

Lebron should take blame for every game ever lost. That's what true legends do, they remember the pain and work harder. Lebron simply had no patients - worst part is that he had to toy with the minds and hearts of everyone in the world. What kind of player goes national and tells the world he's leaving to make a dream team, and it may have very well damaged any legacy he may have. Kobe should have went national and said I'm signing a contract with the team and city I love. But of course he wouldn't a simple signing the paper will do all the talking.

Now part od Wade"s dream team, they have to win a championship. Anything short of one is a disgrace. Sad part is that by assembling such a team with high paid players they might have no room for a solid bench. Also they don't have a solid coach, and if you don't think having a good coach is important than think again __ - MJ and kobe as great as they are never won without phil. In fact MJ went on years with a solid team and no ring until 28. A great coach will do the studying and the startegizing that players have no time for or don't have the skill to do. Without phil, bulls wouldn't have traded for scottie and got rodman. Both key players in their success. Same goes for artests acquisition and gasol"s.- but then you will say pat riley is their coach. Well for now he's only a gm. And rumor has it is he's staying as GM and putting a leash on the coach. Well I say go ahead, all your doing Riley is causing problems within a locker room and miscommunication. Lebron joining Wades team will also cause problems, bosh left toronto for more recognition. All is fun and games now, there living the life- but if they lose... What is there to say, what is there to do. Millions of dollars wasted for nothing. I hope they lose to the Lakers in the finals.

I have no doubt they will be a powerhouse , but when playoffs comes and everyone is serious. Its a whole new ball game. If they lose, ill be sure to watch on ESPN for days lebrons media talk

RocketPower2010
07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
7 years. That's enough years for child Link to grow up to adult Link, which is plenty of time for the Cavs organization to put talent and smart coach around LeBron.

They have done neither. I've never seen a more clueless coach during the Cavs Celtics matchup. And the clutchness of Jamison and Mo give Rashard Lewis a run for his money for the biggest crack-under-pressure award.

Jordan had not only pippen, but rodman and harper, who are forgotten but do not deserve to me. Harper was one of the clutchest players in the league of his era, much like Fisher nowadays, and Rodman was by far the most talent rebounder along with Sir Charles in his era.

LeBron can continue waiting for something to be done, but I think 7 years is the cutoff line. It's time for him to grab his Master Sword, and slash his way to a ring.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Jordan had all the Bulls points in the 4th quarter in that game until Paxson's 3.

:clap::clap:

mlisica19
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Lebron as the best player on the Cavs has the responsibility to his team to do his best and always improve and over time things will get better. Legends in the past have turned failure into success through hardwork and patience yet it seems James will take a simpler road. Hiis decision to leave the Cavs to go off and join his friends in making a dream team may very well have created an ideal to viewers all over the world that its okay to run away from a problem and find an easy solution. You would never see Jordan do such a thing, and he managed to go more years without ever reaching the finals or getting a ring. Now look at the guy and the legacy he created for himself.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 02:48 PM

False. Properly coached, that team could have easily won a championship. There is no argument you could possibly make for the team with the best regular season record 2 years in a row having no shot at winning the title. None.

crono6
07-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Seriously...

4 games for Mike Brown to realize KG is owning Jamison

and at the 5th game Shaq on KG still fails LOL

Ummm how about not prepared at WINNING

Silly fans thinks

Mike Brown = Pat Riley

cant you really see the difference?

I want to point this out again because people only look at the Leader, not his support, It's like having a building with weak support, when earthquake comes, the building crumbles.

This.

KTheo77
07-12-2010, 03:29 PM

No sir been a Heat fan since 03'

The point is when they needed a big shot Jordan didn't have to force up a shot. He had confidence in those around him being ready to come through in the clutch.

Jaji
07-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Miami was never down 3-0.

Yes they were. They were down 3-0 to Boston a few months ago :p.

soonabooma
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Bullcrap. Put either of those two guys on that team and I bet they would have won at least one title in the last 7 years, probably more. Remember, the Cavs played in a finals, and they just came off of back to back 60+ win seasons. So either Lebron James is the greatest one man show in the history of the world, or he really did have his fair share of good complimentary players over the years but his lack of leadership/desire/mentality/heart combined with a lack of big-game coaching led to them always falling short. He can't use the "I didn't have enough help" excuse any longer. Nobody in their right mind is gonna buy that becuz they beat every team on the planet in the regular season, it was the postseason where they fell short, and that means that Mike Brown and Lebron James are just as much responsible as the supporting cast. In the end, Lebron doesn't have the heart of a champion. That's all it came down to. He had a hell of a lot more help at the start of his career than MJ did. He's just a loser, a pathetic little weasel.

Jaji
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Bullcrap. Put either of those two guys on that team and I bet they would have won at least one title in the last 7 years, probably more. Remember, the Cavs played in a finals, and they just came off of back to back 60+ win seasons. So either Lebron James is the greatest one man show in the history of the world, or he really did have his fair share of good complimentary players over the years but his lack of leadership/desire/mentality/heart combined with a lack of big-game coaching led to them always falling short. He can't use the "I didn't have enough help" excuse any longer. Nobody in their right mind is gonna buy that becuz they beat every team on the planet in the regular season, it was the postseason where they fell short, and that means that Mike Brown and Lebron James are just as much responsible as the supporting cast. In the end, Lebron doesn't have the heart of a champion. That's all it came down to. He had a hell of a lot more help at the start of his career than MJ did. He's just a loser, a pathetic little weasel.

Jordan at what age? Because Jordan didn't even win a title with his own team until he was 28. His Bulls were definitely better than LeBron's Cavs. Jordan played alongside another HOFer who was still in his prime. LeBron had 40 year old, 400 pound Shaq, an undersized PF past his prime and a 6'-1" SG trying to play point. No way Jordan wins at that age with that team. Just stop.

KTheo77
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Jordan at what age? Because Jordan didn't even win a title with his own team until he was 28. His Bulls were definitely better than LeBron's Cavs. Jordan played alongside another HOFer who was still in his prime. LeBron had 40 year old, 400 pound Shaq, an undersized PF past his prime and a 6'-1" SG trying to play point. No way Jordan wins at that age with that team. Just stop.

:hi5::hi5::hi5:

Jaji
07-12-2010, 10:55 PM

This!

Yes, now you understand! :clap: