PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban: NBA should examine how Heat got Big 3

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 08:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnBSd.04tQkkv8WeHeFjml85nYcB?slug=ap-cuban-heat

LAS VEGAS (AP)—Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says the NBA should examine how free agents LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade all ended up with the Miami Heat.

Cuban tells a group of reporters at the NBA’s summer league in Las Vegas that he intends to ask the league’s Board of Governors to inquire about the situation.

According to a story posted on the Cleveland Plain Dealer’s website Sunday, Cuban says the league needs to develop more definitive rules governing the issue of player tampering.

NBA owners are scheduled to meet Monday in Las Vegas.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I had a feeling Cuban was going to have his say in this JB. That will be interesting if he speaks more on the situation

mark1125
07-12-2010, 08:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnBSd.04tQkkv8WeHeFjml85nYcB?slug=ap-cuban-heat

C'mon Cuban. I don't like the developments anymore than any non-Miami fan does, but they didn't do anything against the rules. They did what NY, Chicago, Nets, etc. did as far as cap goes.

And he mentioned tampering? Teams have no control over what players do in their private lives. If Wade, Bosh, and LeFavre wanted to watch Steel Magnolias together and discuss the future, Miami could not do a thing about it.

Suck it up Cuban.....you would have no issues with it if it were Dallas that pulled it off.

Russell_Roberts
07-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Mark cuban for president!

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm surprised Pop didn't beat him to it.

m26555
07-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I can't picture Pop doing that.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
I can't picture Pop doing that.

Maybe not formally but I can definitely see him making a comment on how cheap/unfair it is.

lavilevi23
07-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Mark Cuban - U MAD? what a jealous sob acting like a little kid... U SUCK AS AN OWNER !
He's also trying to steal Haslem from us because he knows it will hurt Miami.. what an ***

m26555
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Mark Cuban - U MAD? what a jealous sob acting like a little kid... U SUCK AS AN OWNER !
He's also trying to steal Haslem from us because he knows it will hurt Miami.. what an ***
:rolleyes:

And yeah; he's definitely trying to "steal" Haslem from Miami. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he thinks he could improve the team.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes:

And yeah; he's definitely trying to "steal" Haslem from Miami. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he thinks he could improve the team.

He should focus on landing Al Jeff instead. Al Jeff, Haywood, and Dirk could be the best froncourt to compete with the Lake show in the West.

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
This is yesterday's news.

Cuban is just being a big crybaby again. Anyone of the hater posse who now thinks anything is going to happen. ZERO chance.

Good to the point article for a change by an ESPN writer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=lebronissue-100711

shortfuze
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
C'mon Cuban. I don't like the developments anymore than any non-Miami fan does, but they didn't do anything against the rules. They did what NY, Chicago, Nets, etc. did as far as cap goes.

And he mentioned tampering? Teams have no control over what players do in their private lives. If Wade, Bosh, and LeFavre wanted to watch Steel Magnolias together and discuss the future, Miami could not do a thing about it.

Suck it up Cuban.....you would have no issues with it if it were Dallas that pulled it off.

isnt player tampering against the rules? i figured it would be no different from owners trying to lure a player over to his team. i thought players werent allowed to try and convince each other to play on their teams until their contracts expired. in which case, bosh had admitted that they had been talking for months.

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM

:facepalm:

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm not a huge Spurs fan, but Pop is not a whiner.

wileyisTOFU
07-12-2010, 09:50 AM

turned around a losing franchise with energy and money, yeah id hate to have him as a owner...:facepalm:

JonnyBrav000
07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Mark Cuban, the peoples owner, best team owner in sports today!

netsgiantsyanks
07-12-2010, 09:53 AM

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 09:55 AM
turned around a losing franchise with energy and money, yeah id hate to have him as a owner...:facepalm:

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 09:56 AM
isnt player tampering against the rules? i figured it would be no different from owners trying to lure a player over to his team. i thought players werent allowed to try and convince each other to play on their teams until their contracts expired. in which case, bosh had admitted that they had been talking for months.

No.

Read the link I just posted.

The only thing that is not allowed is one team's official meeting with a player to talk about free agency-related business.

A team's official can meet with another team's player and discuss non team-business related topics perfectly fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Players are allowed to talk to eachother all they want about playing together. What they can't do is act directly as agents for their front office.

That means you can't go to another player and negotiate contract specifics with him, but you can call a player or meet with him and ask him to come join your team.

Really, 0 rules have been broken. Cleveland and Toronto even signed off on S&T deals, which basically rules out any complaint from them.

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 10:06 AM

:clap: nice post!exactly this

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 10:07 AM
He should focus on landing Al Jeff instead. Al Jeff, Haywood, and Dirk could be the best froncourt to compete with the Lake show in the West.

this!but he obviously care less about improving his tea cause he want to make a pathetic try to hurt the miami heat..but he wont! i see pat riley saying him to shut the g@@@ up today during the owners meeting ! Lol:D

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 10:08 AM

:clap: very well said

magichatnumber9
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
I smell lockout

JonnyBrav000
07-12-2010, 10:09 AM

LOL if Cuban were after Haslem its to improve his team, not steal from Miami. Before Cuban the Mavs were worse than the clippers, so it's stupid to say he is a bad owner. As a matter of fact, Cuban is the best owner in the league. He respects players and fans. He is down to earth. And has done alot for that Mavericks franchise. He isn't afraid to stand up and speak his mind, unlike so many pushovers in this country who just want to fit in and be diplomatic and politically correct. Bunch of losers.

fishfan79
07-12-2010, 10:12 AM
He is just upset he lost out, oh wells. He got fined for speaking out like he did before the heat followed the rules for ownership. If you want to change the system on players in the future go ahead but the heat followed the rules of the system. Riley never commented about anything.

netsgiantsyanks
07-12-2010, 10:16 AM

i also heard the nets were pursuing haslem. that must mean that they're trying to steal him from the heat too. dummy

liliverson819
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I dont think it makes much sense that all these guys can get contracts of 110 million , 110 million, and 107 million something smells fishy lol

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 10:19 AM
i also heard the nets were pursuing haslem. that must mean that they're trying to steal him from the heat too. dummy

The Nets are just trying to get a good player. Cuban however is most certainly doing this 95% out of spite.

Cuban is a dedicated owner, but a worthless personality. He makes an arse out of himself way too often.

jaded01
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
its all posturing for the upcoming cba deal. cuban wants more explicit definitions of player tampering. obviously the heat thing won't be nixed or anything like that, he wants rules for the future... yes they are almost impossible to enforce but its not at all about basketball teams on the court, this is players vs owners. let it go heat fans. it's not about you.

MacFitz92
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM

Wow, I would have never guessed you were a Heat fan.

Steal Haslem? What about you ****ing stealing LeBron from Cleveland?

oak2455
07-12-2010, 12:03 PM
I smell lockout

agreed and no one would miss it

NFL
MLB
NBA AND NHL TIED:)

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 12:11 PM
this would be the hottest ticket in the market for the NBA.

every stadium they go into would be sold out in an instant. Take that team in the offseason to play against European and asian countries as friendlies, great ticket revenues for the NBA.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM

GP and Karl Malone did it and were very open about it. Nothing the league can do

Fool
07-12-2010, 01:04 PM

? lol

trying to STEAL Haslem?

Jaji
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I understand why Cuban is upset. He got fined just for mentioning LeBron's name.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
i think owners should vote in the cbva to force miami to surrender one of the three and make the new cba so it cant happen again.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 01:35 PM
GP and Karl Malone did it and were very open about it. Nothing the league can do

lol how old were they?

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
i think owners should vote in the cbva to force miami to surrender one of the three and make the new cba so it cant happen again.

Jaji
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Bosh isn't that great. Now Dwight Howard would be something. James, Wade and Bosh is 2 + 1, not 3.

Young2Kinsler
07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
:clap: nice post!exactly this

Good lord these Miami douches are going to get annoying. And they wonder why everyone hopes they fail?

Idiots like this...

Chronz
07-12-2010, 02:23 PM
lol how old were they?

So its only OK to complain about player tampering when it threatens your team? Nobody cares if Ira Newble and Scott Williams hook up.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
So its only OK to complain about player tampering when it threatens your team? Nobody cares if Ira Newble and Scott Williams hook up.

did i complain bout sheed joining c eltics or marbury last year?

h2r09
07-12-2010, 02:29 PM

so what cant happen again? players and friends talking and joining the same team? there is nothing even remotely wrong with what they did. do you honestly expect players who are best friends not to talk to each other?

JordansBulls
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM

Pretty much.