PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse said he would join the heats for min

dacreator101
07-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Heard it on nba tv last nite, he stated that he would like to keep his options open, but he would be 1 of those guys if the heats are intrested to sign at min. He stated he just wants a ring......what you guys think, nice backup for dwade?

king4day
07-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Def a good vet off the bench. It's a shame he had to say he'd do it just to get a ring. Makes him look a lil more greedy. Then again, anyone signing their for the vet min is doing it just for that reason.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 08:41 AM
He's a nice backup, but I do think Miami should wait to see how the Mike Miller situation plays out along with some other more durable young players. I would love to see Stack get a ring though.

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I like Stackhouse, I thought he was gonna have a huge career.

blastmasta26
07-12-2010, 10:02 AM
He's a nice backup, but I do think Miami should wait to see how the Mike Miller situation plays out along with some other more durable young players. I would love to see Stack get a ring though.
There's no reason to wait, it's a vet min so it can't hurt them.

tdunk21
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
his best days were with the mavs.....

GSW Hoops
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Who's better: Stackhouse or MIKE JAMES?

td0tsfinest
07-12-2010, 11:40 AM
At this point, I think any vet would like to join the Miami Heat.

m26555
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
His best days were without question with Detroit.

blacknell
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
sign him aint like they could get much better should bring in antoine walker to for the min

mgcslugger33
07-12-2010, 12:18 PM
At this point, I think any vet would like to join the Miami Heat.

I think they should go out and get a bunch of 40 somethings to fill out the roster.

Maybe get stockton, malone, Hakeem, and ewing and do some work. Maybe Barkley would even get back in shape.

Then add pippen as a bench coach to mentor lebron on his new role.

Sixerlover
07-12-2010, 12:19 PM
If your 38+ with a little bit of game left, your going to the Heat.

Raidaz4Life
07-12-2010, 12:21 PM
A lot of people jumping on the heat bandwagon are going to be devastated when the Heat don't win the championship, including all the vets trying to hitch a ride to a ring.

GSW Hoops
07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I think they should go out and get a bunch of 40 somethings to fill out the roster.

Maybe get stockton, malone, Hakeem, and ewing and do some work. Maybe Barkley would even get back in shape.

Then add pippen as a bench coach to mentor lebron on his new role.

Antoine Walker...

dwadefan03
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
id rather not get him we already got miller at backup three, and i want a defensive guard to back up wade like raja bell or rasul butler

ps. there are some MAD haters on this thread

shep33
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Sweet... how old is he again?

I think all ring chasers should be banned from the league haha... honestly I think its pretty bad, I saw him basically begging for a job with the Heat for a vets min on NBA tv.

I like Stack too, but man this was bad.

CityofTreez
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
desperation for the Ring!

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Have fun with Stack. He'll lead you to the promise land alright :laugh2:

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Bring in Sam Cassel next:laugh:

shep33
I think Bell will join the Heat, although I don't know how good he is anymore, he played what 6 games last year coming off of a very bad knee injury. Plus he's 33. Don't get me wrong he could still be good, and really its not a huge risk for the Heat either way.

Rivera
Who's better: Stackhouse or MIKE JAMES?

come on man thats not even close

thats like asking who was better...grant hill or MJ :facepalm:

Ethix11
07-12-2010, 12:40 PM
A lot of people jumping on the heat bandwagon are going to be devastated when the Heat don't win the championship, including all the vets trying to hitch a ride to a ring.

Really? Why not if they fill out their roster with depth?

Whose gonna stop us? The Lakers? BWAHAHA

the_jon
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
You mean the reigning back to back champions?? The team that already won the title, 2 years in a row?? That team?

:facepalm:

heattiltheend94
07-12-2010, 12:46 PM
id rather not get him we already got miller at backup three, and i want a defensive guard to back up wade like raja bell or rasul butler

ps. there are some MAD haters on this thread

Not just in this thread, everyone's hatin on Miami

hghskid
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Miami looks like they will sign Mike Miller and retain Udonis Haslem. That's already two quality role players. The Heat also have the bird rights of Joel Anthony.

Raja Bell has stated he would like to join the Heat, as well as other veterans like Juwan Howard, Big Z, and now Stackhouse.

They might have shot at Fisher, but he's probably just using them for leverage.

Vidball
07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Really? Why not if they fill out their roster with depth?

I don't think MIA will even make it to the Lakers. Probably BOS...LeBron shrinks against BOS and he will try to dominate the ball.

hghskid
07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
The roster might shape out to be:

Joel Anthony/Brad Miller/Dexter Pittman
Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem/Kurt Thomas/Jarvis Varando
Mike Miller/Jerry Stackhouse/Da'Sean Butler
Dwyane Wade/Raja Bell
LeBron James/Mario Chalmers/Carlos Arroyo

That's pretty realistic..

Vidball
07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
^^^You mean if Haslem leaves $16M on the table (from his Dallas offer), and a team doesn't offer Brad Miller the Mid Level? Take Haslem, Arroyo (he won't want to be a 3rd string player), and Brad Miller out and it's realistic. Probably good enough to get to the ECF and lose.

Team*Chicago
07-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Last time he wanted to to join the Lakers now he wants to join the Heat. Jerry is just trying to get a free ride to a championship, he should have join the the Celtics 2 years ago when everbody else jumped on their team for a championship.

blacknell
07-12-2010, 02:38 PM
iverson is coming to miami

h2r09
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
the heat have their choice of almost any aging vet that is looking for a ring and we will have a very good bench next year with all the players availble.

Jack Daniels
07-12-2010, 02:45 PM

His best days were without question with Detroit.

I agree with the Detroit statement, however the key point would be His best days are long behind him...

Cromedome
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised Karl Malone didn't come out of retirement to sign with the DESPERATE CHASE A RING Heat team.

Miller, Ewing and Barkley should be working out as we speak.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 03:07 PM
the heat have their choice of almost any aging vet that is looking for a ring and we will have a very good bench next year with all the players availble.

exactly... and what vet isnt looking for a ring? even if you already have one, another doesnt hurt.... **** look at derek fisher considering them. phil jackson coming back... 10 rings isnt enough, you always want more if you can

as far as stack's best days??? detroit, then washington then the mavs

koLohe2133
07-12-2010, 03:11 PM
lame.....stackhouse sux now anyways

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
lame.....stackhouse sux now anyways

he was suprisingly nice last year bro..

and yes, BRING IN REGGIE!!! hahahah thatd be nuuuuts

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 03:19 PM

Considering 80% of the laker fans base are people who jumped on the wagon i wouldnt talk about bandwgoners. Hilarious you clowns instantly associate new fans of the Heat with bandwagoners. Well, let see. You have the people who were fans prior to FA, then you got all of Lebrons fans and you got all of Bosh's fans. That makes for a larger fan base. Not bandwagoners. Whenever an orginization loses and isnt contending for a title fans lose interest. When the lakers were down and out 4-5 years ago none of the tons of lakers fans i know were running their mouths about how good they were. They werent wearing the jerseys. Now your winning again and theey're all wearing the jerseys again and talking about how baller Kobe is again. I know im not a wagoner because i've been a fan since the heats first year but listening to the masses in here call every Heat fan a bandwagoner is simply stupid especially laker fans. Come up with something a little more original.

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Considering 80% of the laker fans base are people who jumped on the wagon i wouldnt talk about bandwgoners. Hilarious you clowns instantly associate new fans of the Heat with bandwagoners. Well, let see. You have the people who were fans prior to FA, then you got all of Lebrons fans and you got all of Bosh's fans. That makes for a larger fan base. Not bandwagoners. Whenever an orginization loses and isnt contending for a title fans lose interest. When the lakers were down and out 4-5 years ago none of the tons of lakers fans i know were running their mouths about how good they were. They werent wearing the jerseys. Now your winning again and theey're all wearing the jerseys again and talking about how baller Kobe is again. I know im not a wagoner because i've been a fan since the heats first year but listening to the masses in here call every Heat fan a bandwagoner is simply stupid especially laker fans. Come up with something a little more original.

exactly..... you guys have been the heat for the last few years after the super shady trade and all the other stuff... YOUR TEAM IS SUPER STACKED beyond any other team.... now another team does it and of course... u mad!!!

LionBryan
07-12-2010, 03:29 PM
The heats!

Jack Daniels
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM

Shizzle, no one is calling you a bandwagoner...Been around the forums for awhile and def have seen you rep the heat long before all of this happened. You and Jonathon2323 and others I have respect for and hope you the best in your quest. Also happy your team is relevant again. As for bandwagon Laker fans, I really can't speak for all Laker fans, but I was wearing my jerseys even when we stink, Win or Lose we still booze! Anyway point is don't lump all Laker fans in together as I won't lump all Heat fans together.You don't like Kobe and I think LeBron is a douche but each of us are entitled to our opinion.

Sixerlover
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
^^^You mean if Haslem leaves $16M on the table (from his Dallas offer), and a team doesn't offer Brad Miller the Mid Level? Take Haslem, Arroyo (he won't want to be a 3rd string player), and Brad Miller out and it's realistic. Probably good enough to get to the ECF and lose.

Haslem left it on the table.