PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bobcats/Raptors deal now dead (Post 236)

Pages : [1] 2

gbrl
07-12-2010, 03:11 AM
The Bobcats will reportedly send Boris Diaw to the Raptors in what amounts to a salary dump.

per rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NBA.aspx

WolvesJagsOs
07-12-2010, 03:14 AM
Nice pickup for the Raps imo.

Ryan328
07-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Not too surprised after they just gave Thomas 5 yrs $40 mill

29$JerZ
07-12-2010, 03:22 AM
I'm a bit surprised Toronto wants Diaw, I thought they would look to keep unloading contracts. Diaw is solid though.

clehmun
07-12-2010, 03:27 AM
nice... another PF.

BC wants to reunite the suns with barbosa and diaw.

WolvesJagsOs
07-12-2010, 03:36 AM
actually. Diaw can play the 3 and the 4 I believe. He will prolly start at the 3 now that Turk is gone.

nanablvd
07-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Brian Colangelo is trying to re-build the old Suns in Toronto, bringing back Diaw and Barbosa in two quick deals after Bosh's departure.

Allstar21
07-12-2010, 03:42 AM
lol
this doesnt make them a contender :P

how long is diaw's contract?

DerekRE_3
07-12-2010, 03:44 AM
actually. Diaw can play the 3 and the 4 I believe. He will prolly start at the 3 now that Turk is gone.

He's not quick enough to guard a lot of the 3's in the NBA.

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 03:48 AM
lol
this doesnt make them a contender :P

how long is diaw's contract?

Obviously not... No one expects the raptors to even try and compete just yet. We need a franchise player. Wait a couple years, and maybe, just maybe we can see the Raptors compete.

PHX2daDEATH
07-12-2010, 03:48 AM
people forget Diaw can play back to the basket very well and is one of the few players that can do that.. remember in 08 vs the Spurs they couldn't stop him, i say he leads the team in scoring..

heyman321
07-12-2010, 03:49 AM
What a terrible move by Colangelo, right after he pulled off the genius move by unloading Turkoglu. He should have pushed to make a move for a defensive C so that Bargnani could acutally move to PF and not be beaten like a ragdoll on defense.

Allstar21
07-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Obviously not... No one expects the raptors to even try and compete just yet. We need a franchise player. Wait a couple years, and maybe, just maybe we can see the Raptors compete.
Franchise players like Vince Carter (in his prime), Tracy Mcgrady (in his prime) or Chris Bosh?

DerekRE_3
07-12-2010, 03:50 AM
people forget Diaw can play back to the basket very well and is one of the few players that can do that.. remember in 08 vs the Spurs they couldn't stop him, i say he leads the team in scoring..

Diaw is too unselfish to lead any team in scoring. He just doesn't have that scorers mindset. His first instinct is to set his teammates up, which is good, but sometimes he's selfless to a fault. He's got a ton of talent, but he's one of the most frustrating players in the NBA.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-12-2010, 04:01 AM
He's like Odom but with little less scoring abilities

Both have averaged 6 apg in a season and have career apg at 4.

I like this acquisition.

WolvesJagsOs
07-12-2010, 04:08 AM
yeah, Diaw isnt much of a scorer. But he gets some points, some assists, some boards. Does solid kinda every where.

Iron24th
07-12-2010, 04:17 AM
Diaw is solid,underrated,but a very good player,it's a steal from the Raptors,I think they'll be happy with what he brings.

Fireworld
07-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Nice pick up! he never had a chance to start except when STAT was out with the knee. Hope he starts in place of Bosh.

TheGsw
07-12-2010, 04:50 AM
Diaw can ball, wished the Warriors picked him up.

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Franchise players like Vince Carter (in his prime), Tracy Mcgrady (in his prime) or Chris Bosh?

Yeah, through the draft

black1605
07-12-2010, 09:16 AM
good luck with him, he is lazy and too ball shy, but he showed what he was capable of on occasion. thanks for the cap space!

king4day
07-12-2010, 09:24 AM
This is also on ESPN Insider. Not official yet though.
I think this'll make Toronto still competitive, if not better than before. Diaw has more intangibles and I think he fits better with the Rapts current players.

Plus it gives Barbosa a friend :)

mike_noodles
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Looks like the Raps will try to win with depth rather then one star. One thing is for sure, they already look to be a better defensive team then last year if these two trades go through. The other issue is who will they get for either Calderon/Jack as I don't see them moving forward with 3 PG's making that much between them (I think between the three it's around $25m).

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
What a terrible move by Colangelo, right after he pulled off the genius move by unloading Turkoglu. He should have pushed to make a move for a defensive C so that Bargnani could acutally move to PF and not be beaten like a ragdoll on defense.

We are reportedly getting Tyson Chandler too.

Calderon + part of TPE for Diaw and Chandler's $12.7M expiring.

blujaysrock
Raptors have a deal that's likely to drop today which will return Boris Diaw for Jose Calderon and Tyson Chandler for the trade exception the team obtained from Miami in the Bosh sign-and-trade deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16779#ixzz0tT8rFEiW

dimedrpr
Good move by the Raps. Diaw is an expiring 9 million contract and can still play a little as well. If they are getting Tyson's 12.6 million expiring as well then this is truly a steal by Colangelo.

B2theRY
07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
i read in the raps forum

calderon and money

for

chandler and diaw

mike_noodles
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
We are reportedly getting Tyson Chandler too.

Calderon + part of TPE for Diaw and Chandler's $12.7M expiring.

WOW!!! Now I really like this deal, I've always liked TC's game, very good rebounder and defensive player, let's just hope he can stay healthy.

Sly Guy
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't like it. I'd have held off on this kind of deal until we've secured a deal like the one for flynn, collison, or monta.

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I like this trade a lot actually.

VIP1349
07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
This ends up a really solid move for both squads to me, you get Diaw to replace Turk and finally get a solid Center to play next to Bargs' and then Bobcats free up some space while taking in a new PG to fill for Felton, solid move for both squads.

Carey
07-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I like the move, they get another guy who is familiar with the system and he's pretty solid, he only has one year left after this one and they just got rid of Hedo's deal, i say its a solid move.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I thought the Bobacats were going to give the starting PG position to DJ Augustin..guess not

liliverson819
07-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Maybe bobcats are interested in the class of 2011 haha

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Charlotte wouldn't have any decent starting center left on their team. Nazr Mohammed is there, but come on.

The deal by itself looks good, but the Bobcats trading away their projected starting center is very odd. Maybe they think he is done?

greek miami hea
07-12-2010, 10:04 AM
nice move from the raps

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Charlotte wouldn't have any decent starting center left on their team. Nazr Mohammed is there, but come on.

The deal by itself looks good, but the Bobcats trading away their projected starting center is very odd. Maybe they think he is done?

They already have Ajinca (who has played well in the Summer League), Diop, and Mohammed- who played surprisingly well last year. They're ok at C.

Carey
07-12-2010, 10:23 AM
good luck with him, he is lazy and too ball shy, but he showed what he was capable of on occasion. thanks for the cap space!

You're taking Calderon back, which takes that space back and for a yr longer then Diaw

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 10:25 AM
i don't believe Chandler is involved in this trade...the trade is Barbosa and Diaw to the Raptors, Turkoglu to Phoenix and Dwyane Jones to Charlotte...there are draft picks flying everywhere, idk the exacts but most likely to the Bobcats since they only got Dwyane Jones and the other teams got quality players

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 10:27 AM
i don't believe Chandler is involved in this trade...the trade is Barbosa and Diaw to the Raptors, Turkoglu to Phoenix and Dwyane Jones to Charlotte...there are draft picks flying everywhere, idk the exacts but most likely to the Bobcats since they only got Dwyane Jones and the other teams got quality players

Its not a 3 team trade....

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Im not really sure how i feel about this.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Its not a 3 team trade....

yes it is, this is from ESPN Insider:

"The Suns would send seven-year veteran guard Leandro Barbosa and late-season addition Dwayne Jones to Toronto for Turkoglu ... Toronto would then move Jones and its trade exception from the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal to Charlotte for former Suns forward Boris Diaw."

get ya ish straight b4 you talk buddy

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm a bit surprised Toronto wants Diaw, I thought they would look to keep unloading contracts. Diaw is solid though.

Calderon has 3 years left at about an average of 9.7 mil per year. Diaw has 2 at exactly 9 mil per. And Barbosa has a player option for next year. That gives them two expiring contracts worth a total of about 16-17 mil to deal next season. And they still have 12 mil in trade exceptions this year, if I'm not mistaken. That gives them the chance to make two big aquisitions in trades.

Ragun
07-12-2010, 10:36 AM
wow. awesome trade by BC, just awesome. im going to blow him.

**** bosh.

_Supreme_
07-12-2010, 10:37 AM
The problem with Chandler is that he will only actually be on the court for half the season at most.

Last year he played 51 games, and the year before that only 45.

On top of that a lot of those games were 15 minute 6 point, 5 rebound performances.

I had him on my fantasy bball team for a while last year. He sucked balls, and as far as I'm concerned his health is completely unreliable at this point in his career. Whichever team ends up with him better have a good backup.

Of course he might be viewed as an expiring contract who might surprise. I guess it could be worth the gamble.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 10:41 AM
TYSON CHANDLER IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS TRADE...I will repeat this one more time for you all to see..."The Suns would send seven-year veteran guard Leandro Barbosa and late-season addition Dwayne Jones to Toronto for Turkoglu ... Toronto would then move Jones and it's trade exception from the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal to Charlotte for former Suns forward Boris Diaw."...AGAIN, TYSON CHANDLER IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS TRADE

Barracuda
07-12-2010, 10:44 AM
No Chandler or Calderon in the deal. Raptors will get Diaw/Barbosa for Turkoglu and trd. exp.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
No Chandler or Calderon in the deal. Raptors will get Diaw/Barbosa for Turkoglu and trd. exp.

Thank you, finally someone here knows what theyre talking about

black1605
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
keep Calderon the hell out of Charlotte

Eagles4Lyfe
07-12-2010, 10:50 AM
TYSON CHANDLER IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS TRADE...I will repeat this one more time for you all to see..."The Suns would send seven-year veteran guard Leandro Barbosa and late-season addition Dwayne Jones to Toronto for Turkoglu ... Toronto would then move Jones and it's trade exception from the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade deal to Charlotte for former Suns forward Boris Diaw."...AGAIN, TYSON CHANDLER IS NOT INVOLVED IN THIS TRADE

thats what was talked about last night but this MORNING calderon and chandler have been added in which makes sense because bobcats needed a starting PG just like calderon and raptors need a defensive center like chandler why wouldnt it make sense if you think BC would just trade a random guy and a valuable TPE which he wanted soo badly in a sign and trade for bosh just for diaw then your high

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
ESPN and Rotoworld dont mention anything about Calderon or Chandler.

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 10:53 AM
The Bobcats will reportedly send Boris Diaw to the Raptors in what amounts to a salary dump.

Charlotte gets little-used Dwayne Jones, though details of the trade might reveal further incentive. It's a solid move for Toronto, who on Sunday managed to dump an overpaid and disgruntled player (Turkoglu) for Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38199764/ns/sports-player_news/

This was posted today. No mention of Calderon or Chandler

Barracuda
07-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Now I got confused. IDK if it's true, but I found this article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16779#ixzz0tT8rFEiW

It says: " Yesterday the Raptors shipped off Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix and got Leandro Barbosa in return and have a deal that's likely to drop today which will return Boris Diaw for Jose Calderon and Tyson Chandler for the trade exception the team obtained from Miami in the Bosh sign-and-trade deal"....

miller74
07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Clearly no one knows anything for sure yet

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Now I got confused. IDK if it's true, but I found this article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16779#ixzz0tT8rFEiW

It says: " Yesterday the Raptors shipped off Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix and got Leandro Barbosa in return and have a deal that's likely to drop today which will return Boris Diaw for Jose Calderon and Tyson Chandler for the trade exception the team obtained from Miami in the Bosh sign-and-trade deal"....

There is already a Hedo to Phx thread. This thread has Report: in its title, as the source says "that's likely to drop today". If the Hedo trade is done, which is already confirmed I believe, then this is NOT a 3 team trade from what I understand. We're just flipping Jones to Cha in a package.

td0tsfinest
07-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Maybe bobcats are interested in the class of 2011 haha

But they're likely to give up their biggest expiring contract for a guy who's being paid $9 million for the next 3 years.

Asham
before anybody gets their panties all twisted up, why dont u just wait a couple of hours instead of assuming who is or isnt being traded

-Big-Baby-
It makes sense, Bobcats are looking for a PG in loss of Felton. It makes alot of sense..

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Too bad TPE can't sign anyone :)

Thanks for the 06 Phoenix comeback

Mattb7
07-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I think it's a good deal. Think about it they get a guy like barbosa. So right now starting lineup is Jack, DeRozan, Diaw, Bargnani and ?. The last piece is a solid centre right now. They are not trading calderon for diaw they are trading dwayne jones and their TPE possibly. Plus there they can acquire Kleiza if the nuggets dont match the offer in a couple days. I think this team can be competitive. They won't be at the top but trust me don't sleep on the Raptors. Plus if this does not work out Diaw and Barbosa are in the last year of their contract so we will be loaded and Yao and another set of good free agents will be available next season.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not saying Charlotte getting Calderon doesn't make sense, it obviously does but I've seen multiple reports and stories on this trade in none of them have I seen Calderon or Chandler involved, if they are then I'm completely unaware and haven't seen the report that has them in it but as of right now my understanding is that they are not involved and that Hedo is going to Phoenix, Diaw and Barbosa to Toronto with Dwyane Jones and a trade exception going to Charlotte, that is all I've heard and seen so far and until I see something else that is what I believe is going down

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I think it's a good deal. Think about it they get a guy like barbosa. So right now starting lineup is Jack, DeRozan, Diaw, Bargnani and ?. The last piece is a solid centre right now. They are not trading calderon for diaw they are trading dwayne jones and their TPE possibly. Plus there they can acquire Kleiza if the nuggets dont match the offer in a couple days. I think this team can be competitive. They won't be at the top but trust me don't sleep on the Raptors. Plus if this does not work out Diaw and Barbosa are in the last year of their contract so we will be loaded and Yao and another set of good free agents will be available next season.

I believe their starting 5 is going to be C-Bargnani, PF-Amir Johnson (reason he will start is because he just signed a hefty contract, not gonna pay that dude $$$ to sit on the bench), SF-Diaw, SG-Jarrett Jack and PG-Calderon with Barbosa being the 6th man

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Diaw is extremely underrated. That'd be really nice for Toronto if they could pry him away and pair Barbosa and Diaw together again.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I believe their starting 5 is going to be C-Bargnani, PF-Amir Johnson (reason he will start is because he just signed a hefty contract, not gonna pay that dude $$$ to sit on the bench), SF-Diaw, SG-Jarrett Jack and PG-Calderon with Barbosa being the 6th man

You obviously don't know what your talking about :laugh: Jarrett Jack wouldn't be caught dead at SG, Sonny Weems is their SG.

Sixerlover
07-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Diaw is extremely underrated. That'd be really nice for Toronto if they could pry him away and pair Barbosa and Diaw together again.
No he isn't. He's getting 9 million a year, people know his value

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 11:10 AM
If the deal does go down

Starting 5

PG; Jack
SG; DD or Weems
SF; Diaw
PF; Bargnani
C; Chandler

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 11:13 AM
You obviously don't know what your talking about :laugh: Jarrett Jack wouldn't be caught dead at SG, Sonny Weems is their SG.

It will either be Weems or DeRozan. DeRozan started 65ish games for the Raps last year. It could also be DeRozan at the 3 and Weems as the 2.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, SONNY WEEMS STARTING AT SG? If Jack isn't gonna start then it would be Barbosa or Derozan but Weems? You're ********...the reason I say Jack will start is because I read somewhere that he's being named captain of the squad and it would be highly unlikely for a captain to come off the bench...I also don't see Calderon coming off the bench but if he is then Jack will start at PG and Barbosa or Derozan will start at SG but Jack will start whether it's PG or SG..."wouldn't be caught dead at SG" why not? A lot of teams go with smaller and quicker backcourts, you're obviously the one who has no clue what they're talking about

shep33
07-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow, the Raps are probably going to be better than last year. They shed Turks deal and Calderon's, bring in a defensive big so Andrea can play the 4, Barbosa as a backup guard. Diaw as a guy who can play 3 or 4. Colangelo is making some nice moves.

DerekRE_3
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM

Nazr started ahead of Tyson for most of last year before he got hurt, then Theo Ratliff took the job.

TO to the CHI
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm not saying Charlotte getting Calderon doesn't make sense, it obviously does but I've seen multiple reports and stories on this trade in none of them have I seen Calderon or Chandler involved, if they are then I'm completely unaware and haven't seen the report that has them in it but as of right now my understanding is that they are not involved and that Hedo is going to Phoenix, Diaw and Barbosa to Toronto with Dwyane Jones and a trade exception going to Charlotte, that is all I've heard and seen so far and until I see something else that is what I believe is going down

You hit this part on the head. This thread is about a report (which means it might come to fruition ..... or not). Your posts have been pretty aggressive considering all that has been reported so far is innuendo. I would think after free agency, Knicks fans would have learned to wait till things are fact before overreacting.

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 11:19 AM
You obviously don't know what you're talking about, SONNY WEEMS STARTING AT SG? If Jack isn't gonna start then it would be Barbosa or Derozan but Weems? You're ********...the reason I say Jack will start is because I read somewhere that he's being named captain of the squad and it would be highly unlikely for a captain to come off the bench...I also don't see Calderon coming off the bench but if he is then Jack will start at PG and Barbosa or Derozan will start at SG but Jack will start whether it's PG or SG..."wouldn't be caught dead at SG" why not? A lot of teams go with smaller and quicker backcourts, you're obviously the one who has no clue what they're talking about

Weems started at SG down the stretch for the Raps and played pretty well. He's a very underrated player.

BC said that he is going to move 1 of Calderon/Jack this offseason with Jose being the likely one moved, because as you said, Jack is the vocal leader of the team. Calderon for Chandler hasnt been confirmed yet, but it makes an awful lotta sense for both sides.

TO to the CHI
07-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Listen, you're embarrassing yourself. Jack is not an SG. He might be the Captain and he might start at PG (depending on other moves), but he will not be starting at SG. Weems does have a chance to start there, although I agree it is less likely. I know that you believe you are a basketball expert, but you might want to sit this one out, champ.

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM

you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Weems is still the better player than Derozan. how do you think Derozan lost the starting gig last year? However by the same time next year, if Derozan even touches his star potential that most scouts thought he would have, then he would have the starting role back and Weems will sign elsewhere next year.

and Jack would be the starting PG if Calderon is dealt.

Derozan and Barbosa would come off the bench.

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Wow, the Raps are probably going to be better than last year. They shed Turks deal and Calderon's, bring in a defensive big so Andrea can play the 4, Barbosa as a backup guard. Diaw as a guy who can play 3 or 4. Colangelo is making some nice moves.

Dont forget Kleiza :clap:

Rapsjaysleafs
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM

Yes Weems.
Have you ever watched a Raps game in your life?

I do not think he is going to start, but I wouldnt call anyone a ****** about it.

I think we should sig bet - Raps have a better record than the knicks

Also I will sig bet that this REPORTED Calderson and TPE for Chandler is true!

You where running your mouth like it wasnt so lets have a sig bet!

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Listen, you're embarrassing yourself. Jack is not an SG. He might be the Captain and he might start at PG (depending on other moves), but he will not be starting at SG. Weems does have a chance to start there, although I agree it is less likely. I know that you believe you are a basketball expert, but you might want to sit this one out, champ.

I never said I was a "basketball expert" nor did I say Jack was a SG, I kno he's a PG but sometimes you put your best players on the court even if it's not their natural position...I don't see Weems starting over Jack or Derozan, if Calderon isn't going to start which I believe he would then Jack would start at PG and Derozan would start at SG but most likely Toronto would want Calderon and Jack to start so that's why I said they would go with a smaller backcourt, it's not unheard of

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 11:25 AM

:facepalm:
YOU obviously don't know what you are talking about. Weems ended off starting at SG last season. He is the better player than Derozan right now. Barbosa isnt a starter, he is more of a 6th man. Why wouldn't Jack start... who will?

Stay in the knicks forum, watch your knicks. You obviously don't watch the Raptors and have no clue what is taking place atm.

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks Raptor fans for having my back :hi5:

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Yes Weems.
Have you ever watched a Raps game in your life?

I do not think he is going to start, but I wouldnt call anyone a ****** about it.

I think we should sig bet - Raps have a better record than the knicks

Also I will sig bet that this REPORTED Calderson and TPE for Chandler is true!

You where running your mouth like it wasnt so lets have a sig bet!

Ok first, yes I have but only against the Knicks, second I will gladly take the sig bet on the Knicks having a better record the Raptors, third I won't bet on the REPORTED trade because that's something I'm really not aware of, the only reason I was so sure neither of them were involved was because I didn't see ANYTHING even when I searched, I saw multiple reports last night of the trade and didn't see Calderon or Chandler in the trade

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 11:29 AM
I still dont see news on calderon to charlotte other than that one site.

Rapsjaysleafs
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Ok first, yes I have but only against the Knicks, second I will gladly take the sig bet on the Knicks having a better record the Raptors, third I won't bet on the REPORTED trade because that's something I'm really not aware of, the only reason I was so sure neither of them were involved was because I didn't see ANYTHING even when I searched, I saw multiple reports last night of the trade and didn't see Calderon or Chandler in the trade

If you where not sure why jump down everyones throat saying no one had any idea what they where talking about.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:33 AM
If you where not sure why jump down everyones throat saying no one had any idea what they where talking about.

Because I saw atleast 3 different stories about the trade and nowhere did I see Calderon or Chandlers names involved...it was Turkoglu and Childress (separate sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta) to Phoenix, Diaw and Barbosa to Toronto while Dwyane Jones and a trade exception were going to Charlotte...I'm still pretty confident that is the trade but if Chandler and Calderon are involved I haven't seen anything on it so as of right now that's what I believe is happening

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Thanks Raptor fans for having my back :hi5:

How we DO!

:hi5:

Rapsjaysleafs
07-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Because I saw atleast 3 different stories about the trade and nowhere did I see Calderon or Chandlers names involved...it was Turkoglu and Childress (separate sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta) to Phoenix, Diaw and Barbosa to Toronto while Dwyane Jones and a trade exception were going to Charlotte...I'm still pretty confident that is the trade but if Chandler and Calderon are involved I haven't seen anything on it so as of right now that's what I believe is happening

I think it will happen but it is a report, it says report on this thread, so assume it is a report and do not attack anyone in a report thread.

ANYWAYS what shall our sig bet be?

Anyone have any ideas?

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:36 AM
This is for everybody....http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372405
Thank you very much

td0tsfinest
07-12-2010, 11:38 AM

Sorry man. But Jack would not be starting at the two. If Calderon and Jack are both on the team, it really doesn't make sense to have both our point guards starting. Who's coming off the bench to relieve them? Barbosa? He's more for a shooting guard than a point.

Sonny Weems had actually started at the two for the last few games and he excelled. In the month of April, he was averaging 14 pts and 5 rebs per game while shooting over 50%.

FlakeyFool
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
its a good trade if goes down for the raps

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry man. But Jack would not be starting at the two. If Calderon and Jack are both on the team, it really doesn't make sense to have both our point guards starting. Who's coming off the bench to relieve them? Barbosa? He's more for a shooting guard than a point.

Sonny Weems had actually started at the two for the last few games and he excelled. In the month of April, he was averaging 14 pts and 5 rebs per game while shooting over 50%.

Valid point, didn't really realize their PG depth was that shallow...only reason I say that is because I don't see Jack coming off the bench, if that's the case then Calderon would be but I jus don't think Jack who has recently appointed captain, will come off the bench

Barracuda
07-12-2010, 11:43 AM
They did mention Chandler and Calderon in here (at the bottom):

Rapsjaysleafs
With Chandler trade-

PG Jack/Barbosa?
SG Barbosa/Derozan/Weems
SF Diaw/Klieza/Weems
PF Bargs/Davis/Amir
C Chandler/Alibi

Pretty decent. IF trade goes through xxseven72douchexx I said IF so simmer down!

And Sig bet me that the Raptors will have a better record than the knicks!

swaddell13
i didnt like diaw on the suns too much, he was too streaky and when there was alot of pressure he would usually choke. ill miss LB tho for sure, i mean what suns fan wont?

as far as how they fit in toronto.... not sure gotta see but leandro can make his own points so i aint worried bout him, diaw could fit perfectly and become the potential 20/10 player he can be.

and bryan colangelo is tryin to rebuild the suns like whoever said on page 1 lol

kobemelo
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM

this. :up:
and we have Ed Davis

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
They did mention Chandler and Calderon in here (at the bottom):

THats only one source though, there have been multiple sources claiming its only gonna be diaw going to TO

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
THats only one source though, there have been multiple sources claiming its only gonna be diaw going to TO

Patience sir.

btw your avatar looks like Wallace with a cig in his mouth while shooting a free throw.

Agar81
07-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Thank you very much

:pity:
The Diaw part isn't necesarily a part of the Turk-Barbosa trade. Why are you so confident and cocky? Wait for the other deal to play out if it does

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Patience sir.

btw your avatar looks like Wallace with a cig in his mouth while shooting a free throw.

lol Its his mouthpiece

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=137755&id=947

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
lol Its his mouthpiece

figured that, but just for kicks you should add some smoke coming off the end of it:smoking:

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 11:53 AM
:pity:
The Diaw part isn't necesarily a part of the Turk-Barbosa trade. Why are you so confident and cocky? Wait for the other deal to play out if it does

I didn't say it was part of the trade but as of right now the official deal has Turkoglu going to Phoenix, Barbosa and Diaw to Toronto and Dwyane Jones to Charlotte with the trade exception...the link that dude posted has Chandler going to Toronto and Calderon to Charlotte but I haven't seen anything on ESPN about it yet

scotttube
07-12-2010, 11:55 AM
If the Chandler-Calderon part happens the Raptors have:

Chandler Johnson Alabi
Bargnani Davis Evans
Diaw Kleiza
DeRozan Weems Belinelli
Jack Barbosa Banks

ink
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
If the Chandler-Calderon part happens the Raptors have:

Chandler Johnson Alabi
Bargnani Davis Evans
Diaw Kleiza
DeRozan Weems Belinelli
Jack Barbosa Banks

That is not an impressive lineup.

Gibby
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
BC has done a good job. he got rid 2 of the wrost contracts on the team in calderon and hedo. He got a defensive center and diaw who is a decent defender and barbosa to pick up some of the scoring. They have big contracts but they re all expiring after this year or next year.

Rapsjaysleafs
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM

More impressive than we thought it was going to be.

Also is young and maybe just MAYBE can make a stop on D.

Gibby
07-12-2010, 12:01 PM

i agree but i glad were saddled with the bad contracts of Hedo and Jose. This would be a good offseason for BC if he didnt overpay for Amir and didnt sign Kleiza

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Bryan Colangelo made an awesome move yesterday, and will make another one today!

pistonsfanomg
07-12-2010, 12:02 PM
lol Raptors fans I bet is happy Calderon is gone

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 12:03 PM
BC has done a good job. he got rid 2 of the wrost contracts on the team in calderon and hedo. He got a defensive center and diaw who is a decent defender and barbosa to pick up some of the scoring. They have big contracts but they re all expiring after this year or next year.

That deal isnt done yet. Hell, it doesnt even seem legit due to it only comming from one source

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 12:05 PM

i believe the players would complement each other more in this scenario.

In reality, we didn't need Turk cuz Bosh wasn't a dominant player inside. we needed a defensive 3 when Bosh played here.

Now if the Chandler trade goes down, it complements Bargs offensive barrage.
Diaw is a solid two way player while Barbosa gives us the needed scoring off of the bench wihch we though either Belinelli would provide or Turks would do when he was benched.

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
lol Raptors fans I bet is happy Calderon is gone

trade isn't done yet. we'll see.

not that i'm not happy with Calderon gone but since Hedo is gone, i'm more than content to have Calderon stay. I'd be happy to see Calderon leave for a defensive player plus. offense for defense.

my new worries for this new team is where the scoring gonna come from outside of Bargnani, who might be in fact a top 10 scorer in this league given the touches Bosh left behind now.

going out on a limb and saying Bargnani is gonna average 25+ now that he is the go-to guy.

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Jose Calderon is included in this deal considering that the Bobcats need a starting point guard.

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Thank you very much

Bryan Colangelo is at it again.
In a complex transaction thatís still not finalized, the Raptors are shipping out Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon and one other piece not yet confirmed and getting back Leandro Barbosa of the Phoenix Suns, Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler from the Charlotte Bobcats.

League sources could not confirm the final pieces Monday morning but the Raptors will not have to touch the $14.5 million trade exception acquired last week in the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade transaction.

Colangelo originally drafted Barbosa with the Suns and has long been a fan of Diaw, a multi-purpose forward who can play a couple of positions. Chandler, who is in the last year of his contract, gives the Raptors another long athletic big man.

Turkoglu is destined for Phoenix, Calderon is headed to Charlotte and the league sources were unsure who the third piece leaving Toronto is and where heís going.

The financial gains are significant.

Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his current contract; Diaw has two years and $18 million remaining and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million this coming season.

Turkoglu still had four years and about $40 million left on his deal and Calderon has three years and almost $30 million left to go.

We'll get more as the day progresses.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Your Welcome:)

ldc62
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
We will have a lot of cap space in 2011-12 which I am happy with since the only big FA next year is Melo and no way will he sign with us.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Jack, Derozan, Diaw, Bargs, Chandler

6th man: Barbosa

Not too bad, not thinking playoffs, but it looks way better than the team 2 days ago.

xxseven72ducexx
07-12-2010, 12:25 PM

No doubt, if that's the trade then that's the first time I've seen anything official involving Chandler and Calderon...makes sense considering the Cats need a PG and the Raps need a big man to fill the C position with Bargnani filling Bosh's spot...kinda sucks for Charlotte though cause now their starting C is Nazr Mohammed, I understand they needed a PG but I think Augustin and Chandler would've been better than Mohammed and Calderon

black1605
07-12-2010, 12:30 PM
it will all make sense when we land Jefferson!

Sadds The Gr8
07-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm just happy we got Chandler, and happier we get rid of Jose. Hopefully Tyson can be healthy this year.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I think Jose will be good for Charlotte. Hes a cerebral player, even on D, just that he really can't keep in front of his man.

magichatnumber9
07-12-2010, 12:34 PM
A michael Beasley sig. I love it.

ShakeN'Bake

T-Macs prime was in Orlando

North Yorker
I think Jose will be good for Charlotte. Hes a cerebral player, even on D, just that he really can't keep in front of his man.

I agree he's a good fit. He'll definitely help you on Offense, and Cha is a pretty good defensive team so they may be able to hide him somewhat.

idrinkpepsi
07-12-2010, 12:36 PM
If this trade goes through Bryan Colangelo has made some fantastic moves.

Barracuda
07-12-2010, 12:38 PM

Oh yeah......:rock: I was worry that sumpin might happen and deal won't go through.... looks like it will happen

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!:clap:

miller74
07-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Jose Calderon is included in this deal considering that the Bobcats need a starting point guard.

So what does that have to do with Calderon

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 12:47 PM
another source

Charlotte Bobcats close to trading Diaw, Chandler, aquiring Calderon

The Charlotte Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors in a three-way deal including the Phoenix Suns that would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player, a source from one of the three teams involved confirmed.
Acquiring Calderon would address the gaping hole at point guard after Raymond Felton agreed to terms with the New York Knicks.
Diaw, a power forward, becomes expendable since the Bobcats committed to a five-year, $40 million deal with Tyrus Thomas. Chandler, a center, is an expiring contract worth about $12 million this season.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/12/577930/bobcats-close-to-trading-diaw.html

Chronz
07-12-2010, 12:50 PM

If TC aint in the deal hes prolly the new starting center

C_Mund
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM

haha, welcome to raptor land, dude.

Focused1
07-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Dag Yo, even Wikipedia has this on there. hope it goes through.
question to any 1, will we be using our full tpe to make all this possible or just some of it?

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Dag Yo, even Wikipedia has this on there. hope it goes through.
question to any 1, will we be using our full tpe to make all this possible or just some of it?

none of it.

Bryan Colangelo is at it again.
In a complex transaction thatís still not finalized, the Raptors are shipping out Hedo Turkoglu, Jose Calderon and one other piece not yet confirmed and getting back Leandro Barbosa of the Phoenix Suns, Boris Diaw and possibly Tyson Chandler from the Charlotte Bobcats.

League sources could not confirm the final pieces Monday morning but the Raptors will not have to touch the $14.5 million trade exception acquired last week in the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade transaction.
Colangelo originally drafted Barbosa with the Suns and has long been a fan of Diaw, a multi-purpose forward who can play a couple of positions. Chandler, who is in the last year of his contract, gives the Raptors another long athletic big man.

Turkoglu is destined for Phoenix, Calderon is headed to Charlotte and the league sources were unsure who the third piece leaving Toronto is and where heís going.

The financial gains are significant.

Barbosa has two years and $14.7 million left on his current contract; Diaw has two years and $18 million remaining and Chandler will be paid $13.1 million this coming season.

Turkoglu still had four years and about $40 million left on his deal and Calderon has three years and almost $30 million left to go.

We'll get more as the day progresses.

what54!?
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
gotta admit. the raps are making good moves since losing bosh

scotttube
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
My question would be how do we get Chandler, Diaw, Barbosa for Calderon, Turkoglu without using part of the trade exception. Maybe some of PHX's trade exception is used since they take on Turkoglu's $10 mil for Barbosa's $3 mil?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Roster so far

C-Chandler, Johnson, Abali
PF-Bargnani, Davis
SF-Diaw, Kleiza
SG-Derozan, Weems
PG-Jack, Barbosa

DerekRE_3
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah you don't want Diaw at SF...trust me.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-12-2010, 01:25 PM
My question would be how do we get Chandler, Diaw, Barbosa for Calderon, Turkoglu without using part of the trade exception. Maybe some of PHX's trade exception is used since they take on Turkoglu's $10 mil for Barbosa's $3 mil?

We could send Banks or Evans along too. Or maybe S&T Wright.

North Yorker
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM

We're trading an expiring or 2. Reports are that Reggie Evans is involved.

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
The Raptors will trade Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans to Charlotte for Tyson Chandler.

Link: http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/07/12/14687706.html

Tyson Chandler has confirmed that he been traded to the Toronto Raptors.

Link: http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:50 PM
He's not quick enough to guard a lot of the 3's in the NBA.

this is true... what would he do against lebron much less even granger or someone of that level..

coolmo
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
this is true... what would he do against lebron much less even granger or someone of that level..

lol, doesn't matter actually.

it's not like we have answers for bosh and wade either anyway.
we are not worried to become contenders this season anyway.
i am just hoping that our young develops their skills and chemistry and show us some promising and exciting games, that's all i want to see.

slapnutz69
07-12-2010, 02:59 PM
BC could flip Chandler over to the Hornets with banks or someone for Okafor and collison i think was the other rumor, or maybe trying to bring in Ellis from GS with the TPE

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 03:00 PM
true... as a pacer fan i see your point hahah

gbrl
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM
very nice moves and they still have their trade exception

spreadeagle
07-12-2010, 03:07 PM
BC could flip Chandler over to the Hornets with banks or someone for Okafor and collison i think was the other rumor, or maybe trying to bring in Ellis from GS with the TPE

paul n chandler were gold 2gether who ever broke them up is an idiot

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
CALDERON ( average d) + Brown ( D obssesive and pshycopath)

:facepalm:

This is going to be awufull for calderons career.

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
So its basically Diaw and Chandler for Calderon and Evans?

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm very ecstatic with the acquisition of Tyson Chandler. A player who can help out with the Raptors' defensive woes. He'll be a great weak side defender along side Andrea Bargnani.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
its awesome for raptors.

NOW they can get the 6th seed in the east.

they get defenders wich they needed specially at center to allow bargs to SHINE at his real position.

i dont get it from charlotte point of view tough

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I'ts basically Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans?

As of now, yes.

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm very ecstatic with the acquisition of Tyson Chandler. A player who can help out with the Raptors' defensive woes. He'll be a great weak side defender along side Andrea Bargnani.

I wouldnt invest to much into Tyson Chandler, we expected alot from him this year and he dissapointed us greatly. He'll be solid, but not as good as advertised in NO lol. But wht about Jose? Is he as bad as yall say he is?

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I wouldnt invest to much into Tyson Chandler, we expected alot from him this year and he dissapointed us greatly. He'll be solid, but not as good as advertised in NO lol. But wht about Jose? Is he as bad as yall say he is?

he is actualy very good shooting and distributing but his d is suspicious.

something that does not fit at all with BRown.

how high is people bout agustin=?

pebloemer
07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah you don't want Diaw at SF...trust me.

I fear he's lost a step or two since he's been in Charlotte. He looked a little overweight last year and I'm not sure he can keep up with SF's anymore either. Not sure where he fits in our rebuilding big man rotation either. Hard to see what Colangelo is doing here with the Diaw move unless he believes Diaw can play SF though.

bigsams50
07-12-2010, 03:18 PM
he is actualy very good shooting and distributing but his d is suspicious.

something that does not fit at all with BRown.

how high is people bout agustin=?

Management doesnt believe he can be our PG for the future. Which is stupid IMO. I mean we passed up on Lopez for the guy, and their not even giving him a chance

jasondrobinson
07-12-2010, 03:20 PM

his contract may not be the best but i do think he is underrated. offensivlely he is a great passer and 3pt shooter, he has great passion for the game and is very likeable. his defense is suspect but it will be better suited in a defensive minded team like charlotte as opposed to the raps.

-Big-Baby-

Jose is good. He just couldn't play with Hedo last season. Jose works better with the ball in his hands and I think he will do just fine on the Bobcats, sad to hear him go though :(

Hellcrooner
Management doesnt believe he can be our PG for the future. Which is stupid IMO. I mean we passed up on Lopez for the guy, and their not even giving him a chance

the n no problem, Jose will raise Wallace average of points a game.

but...whe do you got inside? can be a problem.

You shoudl try to nag Rudy F now.

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
What about Jose Calderon?

A very good shooter, passer and floor general. He'll also shoot a high percentage at the free throw line. However, an extremely poor defender. It's very frustrating to watch him get blown by on a nightly basis.

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 03:23 PM
a very good shooter, passer and floor general. He'll also shoot a high percentage at the free throw line. However, an extremely poor defender. It's very frustrating to watch him get blown by on a nightly basis.

+1

cbilecik
07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
+1

+2

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Is the deal done like official or its being discussed...?

C_Mund
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
People forget about how good Jose is at getting to the rim. He has a deceptive first step and uses lots of hesitations for easy layups, and he finishes well.
I think part of Larry Brown's genius is coaching to his players' abilities so I have a feeling that Jose's d won't be detrimental to the Bobcats.
As for Chandler and Diaw, it was a future salary dump that gives us better defensive IQ. Won't lead us to the promised land but steps in the right direction

DerekRE_3
07-12-2010, 03:48 PM

If he's healthy, yes. That's a big question mark though. There's a reason why Nazr Mohammed started over him last year and even when Nazr got hurt, Theo Ratliff got the nod.

BALLER R
07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
cleveland did all the talks but actions speak louder than words....so guess we know which team is over their franchise leaving...

but chandler might not even play a game here i have a feeling if we trade for him we're gonna flip him to another team.

La11
07-12-2010, 04:09 PM

ok....So I REPEAT TYSON CHANDLER AND JOSE CALDERON IS IN THIS TRADE........TYSON CHANDLER AND JOSE CALDERON IS IN THIS TRADE....thank you...please try again buddy..haha you think you knew it all but your WRONG..

WOW!!! this team will be so much better without bosh! Gotta give props to INK...He was right saying our team could be better when he left!!

I hope Reggie Evans is gone( I dont know why everybody loved him) and all the BC haters ( how do you doubt BC?). What ever happened to IN BC WE TRUST? Sick and tired of so much band-wagoners calling out BC and wanting him fired!

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
The key for Tyson Chandler this season is being healthy. However, if he does get injured, the Raptors have insurance in Solomon Alabi and Ed Davis.

kdman77
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
ok....So I REPEAT TYSON CHANDLER AND JOSE CALDERON IS IN THIS TRADE........TYSON CHANDLER AND JOSE CALDERON IS IN THIS TRADE....thank you...please try again buddy..haha you think you knew it all but your WRONG..

WOW!!! this team will be so much better without bosh! Gotta give props to INK...He was right saying our team could be better when he left!!

I hope Reggie Evans is gone( I dont know why everybody loved him) and all the BC haters ( how do you doubt BC?). What ever happened to IN BC WE TRUST? Sick and tired of so much band-wagoners calling out BC and wanting him fired!

Well, he came in, bashed everyone with his ESPN tracker, then when he finds out he's wrong, he doesn't post back. I would have thought a Knicks fan would have learned to not jump the gun on ESPN reports...

Love him or hate him, BC likes to pull that trigger. He has been one of the most active GM in the league for the last few seasons. He doesn't always make the right move but at least he's quick to try and correct them. And in all fairness, he was in a lose-lose situation with Bosh, he had to try and resign him because the fanbase would have never forgiven him for trading Bosh.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 06:43 PM
so any news on this=?

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Is this deal official yet?

coolmo
07-12-2010, 07:31 PM
somthing fishy...
why does the deals take so long to be official?

maybe BC is adding more deal to the deals?

such as...

flip chandler + some of TPE for al jefferson + rubio's right?

it's wishful thinking but not impossible IMO.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
^ Boo Rubio

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
mmm wonder if it sanu chance is a three way deal where somehow nash ends in toronto

Jays Claw
07-12-2010, 09:04 PM
A league source has said that the complex trade won’t be done until Tuesday. The NBA must be satisfied the trade will meet salary cap rules. Not only that, but the conference call wasn’t even held on Monday. However, a source has confirmed the Raptors plan on to move Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix, Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans to Charlotte. In return, they'll take back Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler.

This move will leave intact the trade exception ($14.5 million) Toronto received from Miami.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/835043--raptor-rebuild-decidedly-sun-ny

dtmagnet
07-12-2010, 09:19 PM
mmm wonder if it sanu chance is a three way deal where somehow nash ends in toronto

Would be a dream come true for Toronto fans but I don't see that happening at all.

king4day
07-13-2010, 12:36 AM
The sudden reluctance of Charlotte owner Michael Jordan has thrust the proposed Toronto-Charlotte trade into jeopardy, multiple league sources told Yahoo! Sports Monday night.

ďRight now, Michael is having second thoughts,Ē a source with knowledge of the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Bobcats had agreed to trade center Tyson Chandler(notes) and forward Boris Diaw(notes) to the Raptors for guard Jose Calderon(notes) and forward Reggie Evans(notes). Players had been contacted earlier in the day and told they were traded. Yet now, everyone has been put into a holding pattern. Jordan, sources said, has been hesitant to trade Chandler.

The trade isnít dead, the sources said, but the two sides will talk again on Tuesday morning and the Raptors will try to push the deal through to completion. Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo is anxious to complete the trade.

Toronto is only sure it has an agreement to complete a separate trade to send Hedo Turkoglu(notes) to the Phoenix Suns for Leandro Barbosa

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqUJ80H1famhoN8BTJ13lHS8vLYF?slug=ys-bobcatsraptorstrade071210

RaptorsFanatic
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Dammit.

RaptorsFanatic
07-13-2010, 12:37 AM
Thought we could have slipped away...

SA5195
07-13-2010, 12:38 AM
Damn it MJ! :mad:

HoopsDrive
07-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Damn...

king4day
07-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Thought we could have slipped away...

It'll prob still happen. I think Jordan may want to tinker with the deal a little, but in the end, the main pieces will be dealt.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-13-2010, 01:15 AM
I wonder which pieces the Raptors are including.

torontosports10
07-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has reportedly put the brakes on the proposed deal with the Toronto Raptors that would send Tyson Chandler and Boris Diaw to Toronto for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans.

According to a Yahoo! Sports source, "Right now, Michael is having second thoughts."

Jordan is reportedly reluctant to part ways with Chandler. The two teams are scheduled to meet today to try to complete the deal.

Both Chandler and Reggie Evans have spoken publically about being traded, so a reversal at this point could make things awkward.

The Raptors deal with the Phoenix Suns that would see Hedo Turkoglu leaving and Leandro Barbosa heading north does not appear to be in jeopardy.

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=327402

After telling the players they have been dealt and then going back on it? Common MJ, not a good way to start your career as a owner. Not gonna make many friends this way if the deal doesnt happen.

idrinkpepsi
07-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Tsk tsk MJ.

gattaca
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
the deal would help the bobcats at pg but what about center? Who would play center for them?

prash
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
the deal would help the bobcats at pg but what about center? Who would play center for them?

MJ still wants Kwame Brown, but Kwame don't want the Michael. :moon:

arkanian215
07-13-2010, 11:16 AM
I never liked it for the Cats. They'll lack decent bigs. They can try going with DJ.

Rapsjaysleafs
07-13-2010, 11:23 AM
I would even toss in Miami's 1st to complete this deal.

Shaolin
07-13-2010, 11:34 AM
^ I would not.

Bumped up cash considerations maybe, but there's a lot of injury risk with this package.

Mind you, Calderon has had some injury problems in the past and Hedo just isn't coming back to form (ever) in my humble opinion.

We need some luck late in the draft next year.

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2010, 11:37 AM

NOt exactly.. He got rid of 4 year contracts of both Calderon(Bobcats) & Hedu(Suns).. and replaced them with 2 yrs contracts( Diaw & Barbosa) & 1 yr contract(T.Chandler)

Raptors Lineup:

C) Bargs/CHandler/Ababi(rookie)
PF) Diaw/A.Johnson/R.Evans/E.Davis(Rookie)
SF) Weems/Bellenelli/J.Dorsey
SG) D.Derozen/L.Barbosa
PG) Jack/Banks

If all coexist, I see this as a possible 6-8 seed playoff contender in East Conference.

TyHill
07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
The trade "MIGHT" be dead (Charlotte part).

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/13/579368/charlotte-bobcats-trade-for-jose.html

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
How about Diaw and Diop for Calderon and Evans..

or Diaw and Mohammed for Calderon and Evans

Barracuda
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
NOt exactly.. He got rid of 4 year contracts of both Calderon(Bobcats) & Hedu(Suns).. and replaced them with 2 yrs contracts( Diaw & Barbosa) & 1 yr contract(T.Chandler)

Raptors Lineup:

PF) Diaw/A.Johnson/R.Evans/E.Davis(Rookie)
SF) Weems/Bellenelli/J.Dorsey
SG) D.Derozen/L.Barbosa
PG) Jack/Banks

If all coexist, I see this as a possible 6-8 seed playoff contender in East Conference.

I'm surprised you forgot Kleiza.....wow!:facepalm:

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2010, 11:42 AM
MJ still wants Kwame Brown, but Kwame don't want the Michael. :moon:

Let's say the deal that sends Tyson Chandler to the raptors for Jose Calderon goes down.. they still have 2 veteran centers on the team!(Diop & Nazi Mohammed)

Bobcats Potential Lineup!

C) Diop/Mohammed/Ainjca
PF) T.Thomas/Ainjca
SF) Gerald Wallace/Derrick Brown/Dominic McGuire
SG) Stephen Jackson/Gerald Henderson
PG) D.J. Augustin/J.Calderon

JOSKOMANG4
07-13-2010, 11:43 AM

Ok..when in that case..

PF) A.Johnson/Kleiza/R.Evans/E.Davis(Rookie)
SF) Diaw/Weems/Bellenelli/J.Dorsey
SG) D.Derozen/L.Barbosa
PG) Jack/Banks

Rapsjaysleafs
07-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Trade appears to be dead

Rapsjaysleafs
07-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Maybe XXSevenDouche72XX was right ..... to bad he is to afraid to post here ever again!

LOL

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
thank goodness, I want no part of Calderon

Rapsjaysleafs
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok..when in that case..

PF) A.Johnson/Kleiza/R.Evans/E.Davis(Rookie)
SF) Diaw/Weems/Bellenelli/J.Dorsey
SG) D.Derozen/L.Barbosa
PG) Jack/Banks

Bellenelli is a SG
Klieza and is SF

Chandler would be starting C with Bargs the PF
Davis would be right behind Bargs

pebloemer
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM

Kleiza isn't a Raptor yet. People use facepalms FAR too liberally. They've lost all meaning.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
The Bobcats have canceled the reported trade that would have sent Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in exchange for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans.

Team owner Michael Jordan apparently had second thoughts about giving up to Tyson Chandler, leading to an 11th hour retraction. He's not helping his image as a fumbling executive, and the Bobcats are still left without a starter-quality point guard. Back to the drawing board. Jul. 13 - 11:48 am et
Source: Toronto Star

TyHill
07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
The Bobcats have canceled the reported trade that would have sent Boris Diaw and Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in exchange for Jose Calderon and Reggie Evans.

Team owner Michael Jordan apparently had second thoughts about giving up to Tyson Chandler, leading to an 11th hour retraction. He's not helping his image as a fumbling executive, and the Bobcats are still left without a starter-quality point guard. Back to the drawing board. Jul. 13 - 11:48 am et

Dont see why writers say its a fumbling on MJs part I think it was smart.. Calderon isnt the answer at PG in Charlotte. But, my guess is MJ might have something else.

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 12:01 PM

How is MJ a "fumbling executive" for pulling the plug on a bad deal?

pebloemer
07-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Dont see why writers say its a fumbling on MJs part I think it was smart.. Calderon isnt the answer at PG in Charlotte. But, my guess is MJ might have something else.

I think the fumbling is signing off on the deal, having your players told about the deal (Chandler alreayd reported he was going to Toronto, Evans said goodbye to Toronto fans), and backing out late. That hurts his credibility. Not making the deal is perfectly fine. I was surprised Charlotte would make the deal in the first place.

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 12:03 PM

it's coming from toronto they must be mad not unloading calderons horrible contract

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Well MJ is the one that pulled the plug after all the players were told about the trade...

Both GMs signed off on the deal and MJ is the one backing out.
so who would you like to blame?

as for you calderon haters.. you obviously know nothing since you have probably only seen him play whenever he plays your team

Calderon is better than any PG The Bobcats have on their roster... and probably ever had on their roster.. the last good PG in Charlotte History was who mugsy? :P

For all you calderon haters who all say he sucks because he cant play defense... **** no one seems to hate steve nash for his lack of defense.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
it's coming from toronto they must be mad not unloading calderons horrible contract

i rather keep calderon.

and obviously the GM of the bobcats signed off on the deal..
unlike people in other cities, we dont care as much...

as for calderons horrible contract im sure some knick fans will be praying someone will take Amare's horrible contract off them in 2 years time :P

plus we got rid of turks contract.. so theirs a sucker born every minute. I mean remember when the knicks traded and signed overpriced players (marbury, eddy curry...)

North Yorker
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM

no, if he was smart he would've rejected the deal in the 1st place instead of being so wishy washy. hes bumbling bafoon as a exec

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
i rather keep calderon.

and obviously the GM of the bobcats signed off on the deal..
unlike people in other cities, we dont care as much...

as for calderons horrible contract im sure some knick fans will be praying someone will take Amare's horrible contract off them in 2 years time :P

plus we got rid of turks contract.. so theirs a sucker born every minute. I mean remember when the knicks traded and signed overpriced players (marbury, eddy curry...)

lol way to go off topic here buddy

Allstar21
07-13-2010, 12:10 PM
as long as the turk trade happens ill be happy

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:12 PM
im sorry but even if toronto cancelled this part of the deal when EVERY player knows of the deal and basically says goodbye to everyone, plans to be dealt then last second the corwardly owner says no deal.. after everyone was signed off... it looks bad sorry!

Jordan was a great player but the guy has been a horrible executive/owner.
he hasnt done one right thing in his tender... but im sure some of you will say this was a smart move.. it may it may not be we will never know, but we do know it was very unclassy.. just like the yankees *****ing about the mariners agreeing on a trade with them for cliff lee only to back out right after..

maddBat
07-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Well MJ is the one that pulled the plug after all the players were told about the trade...

as for you calderon haters.. you obviously know nothing since you have probably only seen him play whenever he plays your team

Calderon is better than any PG The Bobcats have on their roster... and probably ever had on their roster.. the last good PG in Charlotte History was who mugsy? :P

For all you calderon haters who all say he sucks because he cant play defense... **** no one seems to hate steve nash for his lack of defense.

whoa. dont compare calderon 2 nash. every1 does hate on nash on the defensive side. its just he more than makes up 4 it w/ his offense n assts. hes been mvp i think twice.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
lol way to go off topic here buddy

its the same topic... you were talking about horrible contracts.
it took the knicks 4 years to clean up the team in hopes to get LBJ
it backfired so they "Settled" on Amare because they had to pay someone max and because they are sitting on so much money they will trade for a bad contract.. it's the knick way :)

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM

Who would I "blame?" If by "blame" you mean I think is awesome for backing out of this deal then yes I "blame" MJ.

Not saying Calderon isn't good. He's a very good distributor, a great assist to turnover ratio, and is a very good shooter. However he hurts his team on the defensive end of the court and is somewhat injury prone.

When it comes down to it, the NBA is a business and players are judged on their value. Calderon's value sucks because he has 30 million for the next 3 years PLUS the trade kicker. This is a business and the value for Calderon is trash compared to his contract. Especially when we're giving up a 7 foot center, which is a commodity in the NBA these days, who's on a large expiring deal.

Next, Mugsy played for the Hornets, not the Bobcats. I realize you said Charlotte but to compare cities is ridiculous if its two different organization (see the LA lakers and the Minnesota Lakers).

Last, the Steve Nash comparison is too ridiculous to even address.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
whoa. dont compare calderon 2 nash. every1 does hate on nash on the defensive side. its just he more than makes up 4 it w/ his offense n assts. hes been mvp i think twice.

im not comparing the two of them.
im just saying.. not many PG in this league can play defense.

calderon isnt a 5-10 speed guy..
trust me i am very happy with calderon on the offensive level and for all you americans who have only seen calderon play when he plays your team.. you have no idea of his skill set..

the raptors as a whole suck defensively... so how can you only pin the blames on calderon?

and calderon in a system like the knicks or suns would put up fantastic offensive numbers.

cheetos185
07-13-2010, 12:18 PM
its the same topic... you were talking about horrible contracts.
it took the knicks 4 years to clean up the team in hopes to get LBJ
it backfired so they "Settled" on Amare because they had to pay someone max and because they are sitting on so much money they will trade for a bad contract.. it's the knick way :)

knicks aren't mentioned in trade here calderon is and his contract is horrible

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:18 PM
caleron has a better assists to tounrnover ratio than nash,

and his contract , for gofs sake how many pgs in this league can averqgr more than 10 assists in 30 mpg?

The only problem is he isnt a mindless, ballhogging hapy hooting stupid moron that shoots brik after brick to get 20 a game.

J-Relo
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
^ c'mon!.. raptors fans are bashing Calderon not for nothing!

The_905
07-13-2010, 12:22 PM
No real raps fans would ever bash Calderon, he is a solid player just makes too much money that's all.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Once again I live in toronto and some toronto fans are morons.

they bash everyone.. for **** sakes they bash chris bosh if he has a bad game.. they bashed vince in his prime if he had a bad game..

they are never happy.
when calderon was having a great year the year before they were all "I love you calderon"

Toronto sports fans are all about what you do for me last night?
it says a lot about our fans when Reggie Evans is more popular than Calderon.

Or more popular than 80% of the team for that matter..

pebloemer
07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Who would I "blame?" If by "blame" you mean I think is awesome for backing out of this deal then yes I "blame" MJ.

Not saying Calderon isn't good. He's a very good distributor, a great assist to turnover ratio, and is a very good shooter. However he hurts his team on the defensive end of the court and is somewhat injury prone.

When it comes down to it, the NBA is a business and players are judged on their value. Calderon's value sucks because he has 30 million for the next 3 years PLUS the trade kicker. This is a business and the value for Calderon is trash compared to his contract. Especially when we're giving up a 7 foot center, which is a commodity in the NBA these days, who's on a large expiring deal.

Next, Mugsy played for the Hornets, not the Bobcats. I realize you said Charlotte but to compare cities is ridiculous if its two different organization (see the LA lakers and the Minnesota Lakers).

Last, the Steve Nash comparison is too ridiculous to even address.

I won't respond to the merits of the trade itself, the value of Calderon and the Charlotte history, because I agree with you on all counts there. As I mentioned earlier, I was surprised Charlotte would make that deal in the first place.

But considering that the NBA is a business, do you not find it poor business management to have the deal reported to the media as agreed upon, have the players told and saying their goodbyes to their fans and organization and after that pulling out on the deal? I'm not sure if the blame is on Jordan or the GM's, but it seems quite sloppy to me.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Just trade Calderon for Diaw..

Calderon play starting Pg for Charlotte
and Diaw play starting Pf for Toronto

It benefits both..

pebloemer
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Once again I live in toronto and some toronto fans are morons.

they bash everyone.. for **** sakes they bash chris bosh if he has a bad game.. they bashed vince in his prime if he had a bad game..

they are never happy.
when calderon was having a great year the year before they were all "I love you calderon"

Toronto sports fans are all about what you do for me last night?
it says a lot about our fans when Reggie Evans is more popular than Calderon.

Or more popular than 80% of the team for that matter..

I should refer you to the Jose Calderon Appreciation Thread in the Raptor's forum ;).

scotttube
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
No real raps fans would ever bash Calderon, he is a solid player just makes too much money that's all.

Not bashing Calderon but we don't need Calderon, Jack and Barbosa all taking minutes at the point. Calderon has to go especially after know he was almost dealt.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
now i have yet to see why MJ backed out of the trade.. all it says is the bobcats cancelled the trade.. (well jordan didnt sign off on it)

what was the reason? Calderon is better than any PG on the bobcats roster? Calderons the best PG they would ever have in the history of Charlotte NBA basketball?

To truly appreciate calderon you have to watch his overall game.. i can point out many people in the NBA who cannot play a lick of defense and people think they're fantastic players.

the people who can play offense and defense are all-stars.. super stars..
if calderon was a superstar trust me he would be fetching back a lot more than a Tyson"Fragile" Chandler and Boris Diaw.

but hey... enjoy DJ Augustin as your starting PG
who couldnt even beat Jose in a game of 1 on 1.

Stunner
07-13-2010, 12:27 PM
close thread the deal has been scrapped by MJ it has been reported. http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2010/07/charlotte-end-of-raptors-deal-dead-for-now.html

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Spanish Msedia was giviing the trade for doen and Calderon was already thinking in his new place.

If they go back they need to trade him somewhere esle SOOn.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I should refer you to the Jose Calderon Appreciation Thread in the Raptor's forum ;).

im a calderon fan
always have been.. hes my fave Raptor..

but toronto fans ONLY appreciate players once they are gone
why not show the appreciation while they are still here?

wouldnt that make more sense?
instead of always pushing people out of town..

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Just when i thought i couldnt have any less respect for MJ.

Yep the donard spiral never ends.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
SO how many times untill the genius bankrupts Bobcats and the team is relocated to seattle?

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I rather keep calderon and ship out Jarrett Jack.

if you you are going to play an up tempo game
I think calderon fits better in that system.

its just horrible business to let it get leaked out as "done deal"
only to then back out
so you now have 4 players who all believed they were dealt somewhere now they are all going back knowing their team tried to move them.

so for all you MJ lovers who dont want to pin anything on him.
he shouldve not had his GM sign off on the deal till he approved it

like i said, he was a great player.. but the guy shouldve just faded away after he played...the guy clearly cannot be a GM (check the wizards) - clearly he cant be an owner (check todays actions)

thats just my opinion.

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Just when i thought i couldnt have any less respect for MJ.

Yep the donard spiral never ends.

Yes, let's lose respect for the best player because he wouldn't take a Euro player who plays Zero defense and they Lose all of their talented Big guys except Mohamamed. I wouldn't have done that trade either.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:33 PM
ill compare MJ to Gretzky..

Great player who couldnt GM a regular team of non all-stars, who didnt succeed as an owner or in management..

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes, let's lose respect for the best player because he wouldn't take a Euro player who plays Zero defense and they Lose all of their talented Big guys except Mohamamed. I wouldn't have done that trade either.

so if jose was black it would be ok to accept the trade?

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:35 PM

Only if he was balck and AMERICAN and played 0 defense but ballhogged into 20 points a game in 30% shooting, fo course.

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm Jewish so I don't think I would care what color he was? Stop being Racist and bringing up color you back wood Canadian hick.

Ohh and If you can read, Doubt it. I said I didn't like the trade cause Bobcats gave up too many Big guys.

And I don't pull for any of the teams involved so I try and be Bias. Crooner is not Bias cause he is gay for Euro players and you are obviously a raptor fan.

Stunner
07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
close thread the deal has been scrapped by MJ it has been reported. http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...d-for-now.html

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
what a moronic comment about europeans..

I guess Dirk has Less Value because hes not black and american..

****... nash is a foreginer too, maybe MJ shouldnt consider him either for the bobcats.

Mark my words.. MJ will never ever win a championship as an owner or an executive.

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm Jewish so I don't think I would care what color he was? Stop being Racist and bringing up color you back wood Canadian hick.

Ohh and If you can read, Doubt it. I said I didn't like the trade cause Bobcats gave up too many Big guys.

And I don't pull for any of the teams involved so I try and be Bias. Crooner is not Bias cause he is gay for Euro players and you are obviously a raptor fan.

so now im a canadian hick?
rather be a canadian hick than an ignorant american.
for the record i am jewish as well..

and yes even though im canadian and I live in an igloo I can read and you also said "Yes, let's lose respect for the best player because he wouldn't take a Euro player who plays Zero defense "

as being a Raptors fan... it has NOTHING to do with any of this.
I dont care if the player is canadian, american, white, black, european... a midget... i dont give a crap.

they are in the NBA so they obviously can play.

Stunner
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
the deal has been scrapped by MJ it has been reported. http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...d-for-now.html

B2theRY
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
i much rather have a guy like jose calderon on my team who i know wont get arrested, into trouble, cares to win, plays hard, actually looks like hes having fun, is a great teammate..

than have Allen Iverson.
than have Baron Davis (who is over ****ing paid) who has never won crap in the NBA.
yet no one talks about his contract..

yet if MJ was offered Baron Davis he would jump all over that horrible contract and player..

North Yorker
07-13-2010, 12:46 PM

hahaha,
you joke about canadians and how they cant read and you dont understand what 'bias, means...
pure irony

xbrackattackx
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
so now im a canadian hick?
rather be a canadian hick than an ignorant american.
for the record i am jewish as well.. High Five on that.

and yes even though im canadian and I live in an igloo I can read and you also said "Yes, let's lose respect for the best player because he wouldn't take a Euro player who plays Zero defense "
I just think if the raptors threw in another big guy besides Bargs it would make the trade more even and easier to swallow cause Toronto and Suns seem to be getting better IMO.

Skin Color Doesn't matter to me but I just still can't see Jose helping out with no Big's down Low.

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
I rather keep calderon and ship out Jarrett Jack.

if you you are going to play an up tempo game
I think calderon fits better in that system.

its just horrible business to let it get leaked out as "done deal"
only to then back out
so you now have 4 players who all believed they were dealt somewhere now they are all going back knowing their team tried to move them.

so for all you MJ lovers who dont want to pin anything on him.
he shouldve not had his GM sign off on the deal till he approved it

like i said, he was a great player.. but the guy shouldve just faded away after he played...the guy clearly cannot be a GM (check the wizards) - clearly he cant be an owner (check todays actions)

thats just my opinion.

Owners nix trades all the time dude, calm down. Its a business, the players understand.

I agree w/ you that Jack coming to Charlotte would be better than fit. I'd do a Diaw for Evans, Jack.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Skin Color Doesn't matter to me but I just still can't see Jose helping out with no Big's down Low.

Mohammed ? DIpo? THomas'? AJINCA?

that are some bigs left and by the way has TY Chandler played more than half the season recently?.

I thought so.

Adding Claderon and his willing passing skill can save T THomas Career .

Sly Guy
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
how very nice of MJ to change his mind after the players were informed.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Owners nix trades all the time dude, calm down. Its a business, the players understand.

I agree w/ you that Jack coming to Charlotte would be better than fit. I'd do a Diaw for Evans, Jack.

Jacj can more or less "deffend" not that he is better just he seems to be becaus ehe is more muscled and atheltic.

Is a worst shoter.

A worst deicision Maker.

a worse passer.

A ballhogh.

Runs with no ****ing idea what he will do next.

Butof course he is american so he must be better than calderon.

Hellcrooner
07-13-2010, 12:56 PM
SOMEONe jumps on calderon soon , he ha sbeen ditched by "i drafted adm morrison and i preferred kwame to Pau" Jordan.

He ia lock for allstar now.

Geargo Wallace
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Hellcrooner rocks at typing.

Well at least he is the least biased poster in the forums :)

xxseven72ducexx
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
ahahah, raptors are f'd...they were about to get 2 starting players in C-Chander and SF-Diaw but now they're left with 2 big gaping holes in their line-up...i remember yesterday all you raptors fans were hating on me and fighting with me bc of this trade and now its not even happening, don't you all feel stupid?

LionBryan
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
He types with a Spanish fury.

North Yorker
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM

Yes, because my post read: "All Canadians can't read"

You sir have failed.

I said I try not to be Bias about team's I don't care about.
That's not really Ironic.

A) thats NOT what you said
B) it IS ironic that you questioned someone else's intelligence / comprehension when you dont know what a 4 letter word means that you used in your post multiple times
C) its unbiased
D) its also ironic that you said I failed when in reality you did

marvILLous
07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
in reality is Yuck.

lol stop hating, i like jack better than calderon and i've seen calderon play enough times..

you say he is the worse shooter, and calderon probably is the better pure shooter.. but look at the percentages from last season.. jack shot better from three and the free throw line..

only thing calderon has on jack is decision making and passing.. but jack is a pretty good passer himself.. plus i like the fact that jack is just a bull when he drives the ball.. when there's nothing happening with the offense jack can usually create something

so ehhhhhhh

masalex1205
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Jacj can more or less "deffend" not that he is better just he seems to be becaus ehe is more muscled and atheltic.

Is a worst shoter.

A worst deicision Maker.

a worse passer.

A ballhogh.

Runs with no ****ing idea what he will do next.

Butof course he is american so he must be better than calderon.

damn it hellcrooner, will you make a post that doesn't have to do with racism/nationalism?

I didn't say anything about him being European, I don't care. Jack is on a contract for the same length of time, half as much $$$. Plus hes mentally tough and plays defense which is mandatory if you're going to play for Larry Brown. Can you imagine LB and Calderon? Wouldn't last 5 games