PDA

View Full Version : Future Hall of Famers?

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Who do you guys think will end up in the hall that is currently playing?

My almost guaranteed list:

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Vince Carter

tredigs
07-12-2010, 02:18 AM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson
Amare Stoudamire
Yao

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady

You forgot Pau Gasol; he's got a solid chance at this point, especially if he can keep this up for 3-5 more years and they can get one more ring.

The "almost guaranteed" list are not almost -- those guys are guarantees. Wade, Ray Allen and probably Iverson are all guaranteed as well.

Too early for Dwight, Cp3, Melo, Amare and Bosh -- but they're all on the right path. Chauncey and Ben Wallace might miss the cut, and for Yao it all depends on how his return plays out. McGrady? Tough call. He never did make it out of the first round, but those numbers in his prime put him on a very very short list. All in all, I'd lean no; he just never achieved any true success.

TheGsw
07-12-2010, 02:22 AM
I see TMAC as a hall of famer.

Laker Legend42
07-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Has Paul Pierce ever been thought of as the best player at his position or even in the argument? It wasn't until 08 he got any real run. Before Ray Allen and KG Pierce was a GOOD player on a bad team.

MacFitz92
07-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Allen Iverson is almost guarenteed. Amar'e needs to move down to chance. You put Yao in two categories.

MacFitz92
07-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Has Paul Pierce ever been thought of as the best player at his position or even in the argument? It wasn't until 08 he got any real run. Before Ray Allen and KG Pierce was a GOOD player on a bad team.

He's the all time leading scorer for the Boston Celtics, he's going to the HOF...

Laker Legend42
07-12-2010, 02:42 AM
He's the all time leading scorer for the Boston Celtics, he's going to the HOF...

I didn't say he wasn't. My point is he was a forgotten soul for years. As for being Boston's all time leading scorer, during his run in Boston (besides Walker) who has he had to share the ball with? He's supposed to be the leading scorer he takes all the shots.

GSW Hoops
07-12-2010, 02:44 AM

In my mind, HOF players need to have a regular season MVP or a boatload of titles.

hugepatsfan
07-12-2010, 02:59 AM
I didn't say he wasn't. My point is he was a forgotten soul for years. As for being Boston's all time leading scorer, during his run in Boston (besides Walker) who has he had to share the ball with? He's supposed to be the leading scorer he takes all the shots.

He's actually been one of the more efficient scorers over the cousre of his career. It hasn't been all about shot volume w/ him

And he isn't the leading scorer and will probably finish second.

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 03:01 AM
You forgot Pau Gasol; he's got a solid chance at this point, especially if he can keep this up for 3-5 more years and they can get one more ring.

The "almost guaranteed" list are not almost -- those guys are guarantees. Wade, Ray Allen and probably Iverson are all guaranteed as well.

Too early for Dwight, Cp3, Melo, Amare and Bosh -- but they're all on the right path. Chauncey and Ben Wallace might miss the cut, and for Yao it all depends on how his return plays out. McGrady? Tough call. He never did make it out of the first round, but those numbers in his prime put him on a very very short list. All in all, I'd lean no; he just never achieved any true success.

I agree pau should be in the chance list. I think Billups should make it as he was great for alot years and led that pistons team to ECF's 5 years in a row. I also am hesitant on Mcgrady but like you said in hos prime few players matched up to him.

I also hesitated on Vince Carter what do you guys think about him?

VinceCarter
07-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Vince is a beast. Put it this way. If you truely think Paul Pierce should be on that list then VC should definitely be on one of them.

SP@Z.
07-12-2010, 03:12 AM

That's preposterous.

jackdawson
07-12-2010, 03:23 AM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Vince Carter

:laugh:

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 03:25 AM
LMFAO with Lebron on the almost guanranteed list and wade on the probable list. I guess 2 reg season mvp's gets you the HOF.

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 03:26 AM
wow, i didnt even notice you had Dirk on that list. What the hell has he done. Wade would make the HOF before that clown did.

dre1990
07-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Im just going to put the people that if they retired tomarow, if i think they would make the HOF

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan
Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

tredigs
07-12-2010, 03:39 AM
LMFAO with Lebron on the almost guanranteed list and wade on the probable list. I guess 2 reg season mvp's gets you the HOF.

Well, actually... yeah dude, it definitely does. This guy is one of the greatest talents to come through the league... ever. Every NBA player who has ever won even one MVP is in the hall. He is 100% without a doubt a Hall of Famer -- even if he retired tomorrow.

wow, i didnt even notice you had Dirk on that list. What the hell has he done. Wade would make the HOF before that clown did.

Won an MVP and still going strong? You don't have to be a finals MVP (like Paul Pierce, who will go...) to get into the hall.

Im just going to put the people that if they retired tomarow, if i think they would make the HOF

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan
Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Except for Chauncey that looks good. I'm still not sure that he'd make the cut, even as great as he was for Detroit.

The Prodigy
07-12-2010, 03:43 AM
I guess I'm the only one on here that noticed Deron Williams wasn't even mentioned on the list.

nolin
07-12-2010, 04:01 AM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan
Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Not a chance. yet atleast

Laker Legend42
07-12-2010, 06:03 AM
If Lebron's career ended today I think it's a no to the HOF. He hasn't done enough. One guy that should be in and probably won't be due to his personal life is Dennis Rodman.

magichatnumber9
07-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Why? He is always injured

the-turk
07-12-2010, 06:58 AM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Vince Carter

What has Vince Carter or Tmac achieved to deserve to be on the list:eyebrow:? I mean guys like CP3 and Amare, haven't achieved anything either but at least they have a bright future, and they might end up in the hall of fame someday, but Vince Carter and Tmac are true losers

nolin
07-12-2010, 07:01 AM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Vince Carter

No chance at all.

Mochalman
07-12-2010, 07:23 AM
What has Vince Carter or Tmac achieved to deserve to be on the list:eyebrow:? I mean guys like CP3 and Amare, haven't achieved anything either but at least they have a bright future, and they might end up in the hall of fame someday, but Vince Carter and Tmac are true losers

more than you:whistle:

ragee
07-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Why the hell is Paul Pierce in there??? Take him out and put Gasol in... Although he is just a second option in winning two NBA titles, he has done a lot overseas... Wining the FIBA championship and getting the second place in the Olympics...

ragee
07-12-2010, 07:35 AM

I wouldn't bet on it if I were you...

WhosisKid
07-12-2010, 08:03 AM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Vince Carter

No way to Ben Wallace, Dwight, Amar'e, Yao, McGrady, Gasol, Parker, and Carter. Probably not to Billups and Allen. Maybe not to Kidd and Pierce. I think the list is a little too generous and all embracing.

Two younger players who could on go the list if they keep playing like they have are Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose. I think Durant is going to be the leading scorer in the NBA in the teens and Rose the top point guard. This assumes that neither sustains a major injury.

Russell_Roberts
07-12-2010, 08:06 AM
iverson is guaranteed

MacFitz92
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
In my mind, HOF players need to have a regular season MVP or a boatload of titles.

So as of right now you don't think Jason Kidd is a HOF :facepalm:

MacFitz92
07-12-2010, 08:38 AM

What has he done? Try an MVP and 27th on the all time scoring list. Try revolutionizing the 4 position. Try the best power forward in the game today.

You are the clown.

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 11:41 AM
:laugh:

Are you ********? Absolutely MVP's get you in the Hall... Not to mention all his other first team awards and what not.

please leave PSD you know Jack about basketball. Dirk has been the best player on the mavs forever. He is an automatic All NBA team member, allstar and perrenial MVP candidate. He also won an MVP if you don't remember. Not to mention he will get props for being the first international player aside from
Nash if you consider him one to be an MVP.

No way to Ben Wallace, Dwight, Amar'e, Yao, McGrady, Gasol, Parker, and Carter. Probably not to Billups and Allen. Maybe not to Kidd and Pierce. I think the list is a little too generous and all embracing.

Two younger players who could on go the list if they keep playing like they have are Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose. I think Durant is going to be the leading scorer in the NBA in the teens and Rose the top point guard. This assumes that neither sustains a major injury.

Wow if you think kidd isn't getting in and no way to those other guys... I don't know what to say. Are you 12? Derrick rose gets consideration after 2 years in the league but Jason Kidd doesn't hahaha :laugh: go back to your sandbox buddy.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Everyone on Both lists will make the HOF (cept Stoudemire). Also all international players like Dirk and Yao will make the international HOF because its easy to make that one.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Lol, Americans.....

Manu and Pau are a LOCK to Hof ( barring a rule changing).

Its BASKETBALL hof not "nba" Hof so sorry to tell you but their winning in fiba games, italaina and spanish league, world cups olypics etc had them already locked and well you know a bunch of rings on the nba is not precisely gonna hurt them.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Man everytime these threads are made Im shocked by the # of people who still think its some prestigious achievement that is damn near impossible to make. I mean sure some great players never made it, but ALOT of quasi-stars have. Its basically a list of guys who were lucky enough to play with eachother.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Everyone on Both lists will make the HOF (cept Stoudemire). Also all international players like Dirk and Yao will make the international HOF because its easy to make that one.

only that there is not an Nba hall of fame and an "international" hof.

theres a BASKETBALL HOF. in nashville.

Hellcrooner
07-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Man everytime these threads are made Im shocked by the # of people who still think its some prestigious achievement that is damn near impossible to make. I mean sure some great players never made it, but ALOT of quasi-stars have. Its basically a list of guys who were lucky enough to play with eachother.

Yeah is ridiculous.

i even CARED to post a link to the list of current HOFFERS in one of this trheads to let people see that in it there were people that was not starry at all.

Obviously nobody cared and wnet on saying rificulous things as in only hte 2 beats players of the decade deserve to be there.

mikantsass
07-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Going by that definition 3/4 of the players who are in the Hall would have to be removed. And Adam Morrison will be well on his way...

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Yao will if for nothing else bringing basketball global.

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 01:43 PM

lol Nice.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Yea if were just focusing on global contributions to the game, Yao is in no matter what. He could get his foot broken every year but what hes done for basketball in China isnt quantifiable.

JonnyBrav000
07-12-2010, 02:06 PM

Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Lebron James
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Steve Nash
Shaquille Oneal
Tim Duncan

Probable list:

Ray Allen
Dwayne Wade
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

Chance list:

Bosh
Melo
Ben Wallace
Dwight
CP3
Amare Stoudamire
Yao Ming
Tracy Mcgrady
Pau Gasol
Tony Parker
Vince Carter

I dont understand how you have Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash and Paul Pierce in the almost guaranteed list but have Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade in the probable list. I say Iverson and Wade both have a better shot at being a 1st ballot hall of famer than any of those guys, however I think they will all get in.