PDA

View Full Version : Suns near acquisitions of Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Childress

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:16 PM
LAS VEGAS - The Suns are on the verge of acquiring forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress, swiftly rebounding from the loss of Amar'e Stoudemire with two quality impact players.

The Suns would send guard Leandro Barbosa to Toronto for Turkoglu, a 6-foot-10 Turkish forward with versatile skills to shoot from long range and be a playmaker.

Turkoglu, 31, has played 10 NBA seasons with four teams and wanted out of Toronto after an unhappy first season there. He averaged 11.3 points last season on 40.9 percent shootings, his lowest scoring average and shooting percentage in six years. Two seasons ago, Turkoglu was the NBA Most Improved Player when he averaged 19.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.6 assists with Orlando and followed it up with a 2008-09 season with averages of 16.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists.

Turkoglu could become the Suns' starting power forward in place of Stoudemire, allowing new acquisition Hakim Warrick to come off the bench with Childress, Channing Frye, Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic.
Phoenix would acquire Childress in a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta, which still has his rights after he left the Hawks and the NBA to take a three-year, $20 million deal with the Greek team Olympiakos in 2008. Childress, 27, is able to leave Greece early and has agreed to a five-year, $30 million deal with the Suns. He is a 6-foot-8 swingman who averaged 11.1 points over four seasons with Atlanta, shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 36 percent on the 3-pointers.

Phoenix will give up a future second-round pick to acquire Childress.

The Suns would use some of their remaining $12.2 million trade exception to make both deals. They acquired the exception in the Stoudemire sign-and-trade Friday and used the first $4 million of it to do a sign-and-trade for Warrick.

Turkoglu is represented by Lon Babby, who leagues sources have said will be the next leader of the Suns' basketball operations. Until recently, Childress was represented by Babby's agency before he switched to Octagon.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/07/11/20100711phoenix-suns-acquire-hedo-turkoglu-josh-childress.html#ixzz0tQz2pRTx

Melo15
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Steve Nash has to be a happy man

Avenged
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
2 good additions for the Suns if they sign them.

Childress would be a good fit for the Suns since he can hit the 3. Extra shooters never hurt.

kntresistheheat
07-11-2010, 11:22 PM
That would be a perfect fit for Hedo!

ManRam
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Hedo would be a great fit in Phoenix. As would Childress.

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
5 years 34mil for Childress

Sadds The Gr8
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM

I don't think so...Hedo's lazy *** can't play uptempo.

Jays Claw
I could live with Leandro Barbosa on the Raptors.

I'm just glad we managed to get rid of Hedo Turkoglu's nasty contract.

ayuntalo
hmmm so many sign and trades..
just a question if anyone minds to answer..
what benefit does ny get from amare sign and trade?
same with bosh and lebron, what did heat get?

jiggin
please do this. this would be horrible for the suns and a bonus for all the west coast conference.

shep33
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Great fit for Hedo, but still their bigs are still a question mark IMO. Wish they woulda went after David Lee... great rebounder which is what they need.

SA5195
07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm having mixed feelings of Barbosa...

slynxpac
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Turkoglu for Barbosa is a good deal.. This would be a nice pickup for the Suns..

shep33
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Hedo's contract is terrible though, but still they need someone to help them score.

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:28 PM
The Suns have agreed to sign-and-trade with Atlanta for Josh Childress and will give him a five-year, $34 million contract, a source tells Y.

The Suns will send a 2012 second-round pick to Atlanta. Wizards, Spurs and Jazz tried to get involved with Childress, sources say.

http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

Can't be a bad thing if the Spurs and Jazz were looking at Childress.

Super.
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I like it for the Suns!

YourTeamSucks
07-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Barbosa sucks azz good pick up for the suns. I can believe somebody else actually wanted him.

AI4MVP
07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
OMG I WOULD BE SO HAPPY AS A SUNS FAN! IVE ALWAYS WANTED HEDO ON THE SUNS! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!! BE HAPPEN!! PLEASE!!!! THE PHOENiX SUNS ARE ALIVE!

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
please do this. this would be horrible for the suns and a bonus for all the west coast conference.

Neither Hedo nor Amar'e can play D and neither can rebound.
Hedo is a better shooter and can help stretch the floor. It's likely Lopez will be the second option on offense in the post as he's improved and is improving his post game.

The Suns were not going to get Melo, Paul, or Deron in the next couple year. With Childress, we replace some of richardsons production for almost a 3rd the price in case he walks next year.

This gives Nash a chance to continue to compete while he's still with the Suns.

No one is or was expecting the Suns to do anything anytime soon, so tell me how is it horrible for the Suns?

STAT32
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow, this changes things quite a bit...

Steve Nash/Goran Dragic
Jason Richardson/Josh Childress
Grant Hill/Jared Dudley
Hedo Turkoglu/Hakim Warrick
Robin Lopez/Channing Frye

Gani Lawal/Dwayne Collins

Well, Phoenix just became a deep team.

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Hedo's contract is terrible though, but still they need someone to help them score.

That's the whole thing. He'll help keep us competitive while Nash remains here and the contract won't be so bad when Nash's contract expires.

slynxpac
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
So who will now be the backup SG of the Suns if the deal with Tukoglu pushes thru? Jared Dudley?

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Hedo Turkoglu on the Suns would be great.

With Nash, I see Turkoglu getting 18,7 and 5.

B2theRY
07-11-2010, 11:34 PM
OMG I WOULD BE SO HAPPY AS A SUNS FAN! IVE ALWAYS WANTED HEDO ON THE SUNS! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!! BE HAPPEN!! PLEASE!!!! THE PHOENiX SUNS ARE ALIVE!

wait till you get him :P
you'll be like this guys a lazy **** :)

Celtic AL
well that Dempers on my Barbosa To the C's :(

king4day
Not that it's any surprise, but this officially means the end of Amundson's Phoenix tenure.

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
So who will now be the backup SG of the Suns if the deal with Tukoglu pushes thru? Jared Dudley?

Childress will replace him. Dudley will continue backing Hill.

Jays Claw
Steve Nash and Hedo Turkoglu won't work well together. Both dominate the ball too much for them to play along side each other.

Raps08-09 Champ
I'm not feeling Barbosa though.

He wasn't the same this year.

And we already have Jack and Calderon. I wouldn't want a back court of Barbosa and Calderon on at the same time.

STAT32
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
King, you like it?

ayuntalo
07-11-2010, 11:36 PM
hmmm i dont know how turk will fit..
he is not a finisher for nash so he will basically shoot three (they already have frye)
plus..
he's like a point forward..so will he be like joe johnson when nash in on the bench?
if that happens goodbye to dragic's growth

ayuntalo
07-11-2010, 11:37 PM
even though im not really a fan of turk to suns...this is a good deal for me..
barbosa is a blackhole nowadays and he doesnt seem needed on the suns

-Big-Baby-
Steve Nash and Hedo Turkoglu won't work well together. Both dominate the ball too much for them to play along side each other.

+1

How are you going to have 2 players that need the ball to play well on the same team on the same lineup? I think its a good deal for us, we are shedding that disgusting contract of his

slynxpac
Imagine a line-up of:

PG - Nash
SG - Richardson
SF - Childress / Dudley
PF - Turkoglu
C - Frye

All of them can shoot the 3 ball..

ManRam
07-11-2010, 11:38 PM
hmmm so many sign and trades..
just a question if anyone minds to answer..
what benefit does ny get from amare sign and trade?
same with bosh and lebron, what did heat get?

NY got Amare, and the Heat got Bosh and LeBron. That's how they benefited :confused:

Celtic AL
07-11-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm not feeling Barbosa though.

He wasn't the same this year.

And we already have Jack and Calderon. I wouldn't want a back court of Barbosa and Calderon on at the same time.

would you do Sheed Contract & a Draft Pick to Toronto for Brabosa LOL

Geargo Wallace
there is a god if this happens. I don't know how much "BALL" Turkydoodoo can get if he's playing with Nash, but I don't doubt Nash's ability to make Hedo relevant.

tdunk21
good to see the suns making some moves

ManRam
07-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Imagine a line-up of:

PG - Nash
SG - Richardson
SF - Childress / Dudley
PF - Turkoglu
C - Frye

All of them can shoot the 3 ball..

Turkoglu playing PF, even in Phoenix, is a complete fail. He's more capable of playing the 2 than the 4. Sure, he's 6-10, but he can't play PF- not against anyone really. Even Shard would abuse him down low.

That would be the most defensively challenged line up perhaps ever to step foot on the court.

STAT32
07-11-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't think I like this. Turk provides nothing as far as rebounding and post defense goes. He needs the ball to be effective... I think this was a desperate grasp to convince Suns fans that we accomplished something this off-season.

idrinkpepsi
07-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I could live with Leandro Barbosa on the Raptors.

I'm just glad we managed to get rid of Hedo Turkoglu's nasty contract.

amen
:clap:

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:44 PM
King, you like it?

Considering there's no real other options that we have to improve the team during the remaining time of Nash's term, I like it.
Gives a new dimension to this team.
We probably won't be elite with it, but we have a star PF again, even if he's not on the first or 2nd tier of players.

nanablvd
I dont think Turk playing the 4 is a good idea for the Suns against teams in the West, but he's still a good player and the Suns will figure something out to make him more effective than last year in Toronto.

Jays Claw
Hedo Turkoglu at the peak of his career is by no means an upgrade to any roster. He's a defensive liability, poor rebounder and has no athleticism.

Blazers#1Fan
07-11-2010, 11:45 PM
hedo will fit good in phoenix theres a bunch of night clubs hahaaa

frye will start at PF

Lopez
Frye
Hedo
Richardson
Nash

cav_till_i_die
07-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Big move

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
You know you guys are going to get eaten alive? Teams are going to score 115 points a game against that line up it has no D. Don't really think Turkoglu puts you back into deep playoffs. Amar'e just killed you guys.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-11-2010, 11:47 PM
would you do Sheed Contract & a Draft Pick to Toronto for Brabosa LOL

Give me Big Baby.

MU and UW Fan
07-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Hedo may be tall but playing him at power forward is just too funny. He'd get his *** kicked by most power forwards. He's got small forward written all over him.

ayuntalo
07-11-2010, 11:49 PM
NY got Amare, and the Heat got Bosh and LeBron. That's how they benefited :confused:

no thats not what i mean..
if they want to get those guys, they can just sign them straight up..
so whats the purpose of having sign and trade..
is it just the player and the other team who gets benefit from it?

greek miami hea
07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
good moves by the suns.bb childress we will miss you in olympiakos...also kleiza is gone :@

Jays Claw
I'll say this once more, Hedo Turkoglu will not work well with Steve Nash. Both dominate the ball too much and need touches in order to be effective.

For this to actually work, Steve Nash would have to play off the ball. Which we all know, ain't happening. Maybe Hedo Turkoglu can play off the ball? Absolutely not. I've seen Hedo Turkoglu play, he needs the ball in his hands.

Weezy
Childress is a good pickup.. I am not so sure about the Hedo though. He has got a awful contract. Lets see how it works out for them

bleedprple&gold
07-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Hedo may be tall but playing him at power forward is just too funny. He'd get his *** kicked by most power forwards. He's got small forward written all over him.

That's what I was gonna say. Hedo starting at powerless forward?? He will get abused on defense.

king4day
07-11-2010, 11:53 PM
That's what I was gonna say. Hedo starting at powerless forward?? He will get abused on defense.

meh, can't be any worse than Amar'e.
Though is it concerning, but that's why no Suns fan will think this is a move that'll get us a ring.

BronBron06
It's so sad to probably a Phoenix fan, you got to WCF and now you're a lottery team all of a sudden

hugepatsfan
Hedo is a bad defender - lacks the athleticsim to guard really good 3s but is too much of a puss to body up a big.

masalex1205
can't believe the Suns wouldn't give Amare that extra year but are going to sign freakin Channing Frye to a 30 mil contract and trade for Hedo "worst contract in the NBA" Turkoglu

Props to the Raptors GM

B2theRY
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I beg to differ.. steve nash is a solid shooter and he may actually benefit from Turk.

Turk will benefit from nash as nash will get him a lot of easy baskets.

i think its a good pick up by the suns..

as a raptors fan., Im glad turk will be gone (if this is true, he seemed to have taken our money and quit on us)

I also feel if this is legit that means jack or calderon will be moved this week for a SF (unless Kleiza or weems now slides into the starting role)

-Big-Baby-
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
I'll say this once more, Hedo Turkoglu will not work well with Steve Nash. Both dominate the ball too much and need touches in order to be effective.

For this to actually work, Steve Nash would have to play off the ball. Which we all know, ain't happening. Maybe Hedo Turkoglu can play off the ball? Absolutely not. I've seen Hedo Turkoglu play, he needs the ball in his hands.

They don't know how Hedo plays, they don't watch Toronto play. Just watch when he starts for the Suns. Its going to be a disaster, both players NEED the ball.

Jays Claw
07-11-2010, 11:59 PM
The Suns are trading Leandro Barbosa and trade exception to Toronto for Hedo Turkoglu.

Link: http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

jdub747
07-12-2010, 12:00 AM
that would be awesome for the suns. i hope that can work out for you guys.. at least your making moves unlike the jazz congrats if it all goes through

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I beg to differ.. steve nash is a solid shooter and he may actually benefit from Turk.

Turk will benefit from nash as nash will get him a lot of easy baskets.

i think its a good pick up by the suns..

as a raptors fan., Im glad turk will be gone (if this is true, he seemed to have taken our money and quit on us)

I also feel if this is legit that means jack or calderon will be moved this week for a SF (unless Kleiza or weems now slides into the starting role)

solid shooter? lol hes arguably the greatest shooter in the history of the game

zambo4president
07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
I love it for both teams. Nash got retooled weapons. Hedo will rape with him.

Jay_Dub
07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
They don't know how Hedo plays, they don't watch Toronto play. Just watch when he starts for the Suns. Its going to be a disaster, both players NEED the ball.

This ... as a raps fan I am so jacked that Turk is gone. But ... as a Suns fan ... well more of a Steve Nash fan ... I cringe at the idea of Turk playing power forward. Turk is a volume shooter who needs to get his touches to be effective. Nash has the ball the majority of the time so I do not believe he will be effective. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Reyes6
07-12-2010, 12:03 AM

:eyebrow: When someone gives a compliment, it's polite to not laugh at them and correct them with an insane reply.

Would you say Nash is a better shooter than Ray Allen or Larry Bird?

Reyes6
07-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Playing PF on the Suns is not like playing PF on the Spurs.

The Suns are a running offense and he'll have a lot of open 3's with Nash.

-Big-Baby-
07-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Playing PF on the Suns is not like playing PF on the Spurs.

The Suns are a running offense and he'll have a lot of open 3's with Nash.

Your not getting it, thats not how he plays, he CREATES plays, not takes the shots. He would have to have a pg who doesn't demand the ball or needs the ball like Nash. You obviously haven't watched much Magic, Raptor basketball in the last 2-3 years.

The best fit for Hedo is with a pg like nelson who doesn't need the ball he can play without it, and a dominate center such as Dwight Howard

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 12:08 AM
:eyebrow: When someone gives a compliment, it's polite to not laugh at them and correct them with an insane reply.

haha i was trying to insult u. i was feeding off your energy. and yes its very arguable that hes a better shooter then them

jimbobjarree
07-12-2010, 12:19 AM
nice moves by the Suns

THE MTL
07-12-2010, 12:31 AM
So the Suns are willing to take Hedo's AWFUL contract and sign Josh Childress to nearly 7 million per year. Im a little confused but w/e.

Anyway, they would be HUGE acquisitions for Phoenix :D. Nash does need a decent finisher so he can run the pick-and-roll.

Catfish1314
07-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Childress could turn out to be a significant addition. Brandon Jennings was very mediocre overseas and we all know how well that translated here.

Good moves for Phoenix. A change of scenery could get Hedo's career back on track.

BronBron06
07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
And Suns gets outrebounded

ldc62
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Mixed feelings about Barbosa. But only one feeling towards Hedo: Hatred

STAT32
07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Why would we get outrebounded? We lost Amare "4reb a game in the playoffs". And we added Turk, Warrick, and Childress. I think our team rebounding philosophy will do just fine once again.

HoopsDrive
07-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Yes baby, Brazilian blood in mah Raptors!!! :D

jiggin
07-12-2010, 12:56 AM
going to be funny watching Turk get his *** handed to him at the PF position. He isn't a good defender to begin with...much less against the west coast PF players who will eat him alive.

Ebbs
07-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Guys Hedo blows lol

Poolthief
07-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Hedo may turn it around in Phoenix, but getting rid of his 4 year contract was a huge steal for the Raptors. I don't care what Barbosa does here because he isn't going to be a part of the long-term plans. Hopefully this move signals that Jose Calderon will be moving next.

Clear salary, let the young guys play, and get a top 5 pick in next year's draft. No need to rush things now that the Heat are going to be dominating in the East.

STAT32
07-12-2010, 01:03 AM
If this little experiment works like it could, this years' Suns team could be one of the greatest offensive teams of all time. Defense will be nonexistent, but offensively... Damn.

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 01:04 AM
as a Raps fan, i have to be happy to be out of Hedo's horrible contract.

Barbosa with 2 years for $7million is a good deal. short term
He'll be a true spark plug off of the bench instead of Belinelli.

However, i would like to see what Orlando would be dealing our way for Hedo--- Gortat?

J$mo0th_3o5
07-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Pretty solid bench

koreancabbage
07-12-2010, 01:06 AM
If this little experiment works like it could, this years' Suns team could be one of the greatest offensive teams of all time. Defense will be nonexistent, but offensively... Damn.

i still think Hedo is on the downside of his career and his first year in Toronto could be a telling sign.

buyer beware.

Bigbadmoffo
07-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Barbosa sucks azz good pick up for the suns. I can believe somebody else actually wanted him.

I swear Toronto always gets bashed. PPl say wow they got that bum hedo they'll never dump that contract now we trade him and he's an amazing player?

STAT32
07-12-2010, 01:13 AM
i still think Hedo is on the downside of his career and his first year in Toronto could be a telling sign.

buyer beware.

You're warning me about buyer beware when the Toronto Raptors just traded for Boris Diaw? LMAO

jiggin
07-12-2010, 01:14 AM

that team kool-aid you are drinking must taste mighty fine. :facepalm:

STAT32
07-12-2010, 01:16 AM
that team kool-aid you are drinking must taste mighty fine. :facepalm:

I've got plenty.

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 01:20 AM
I've got plenty.

helll yeah homie. phoenix suns basketball is alive and well

STAT32
07-12-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm prepared to take on the mentality of, "Screw defense, that's what the Phoenix Suns bench is for." Our starting 5 has so much offensive potential it's sickening.

mynameismo
07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Baaaaaalllllll!!!

STAT32
07-12-2010, 01:25 AM
You're damn right Ball.

sunnydayin'zona
07-12-2010, 01:28 AM

yes, i would argue that with you.

sunnydayin'zona
07-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm prepared to take on the mentality of, "Screw defense, that's what the Phoenix Suns bench is for." Our starting 5 has so much offensive potential it's sickening.

sickening is a great way to put it: D

FrenchSunsFan
07-12-2010, 01:31 AM
I saw many Childress gameswith Olympiakos and he s suck , he s no good.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-12-2010, 01:32 AM
raptors are looking a litle better for the future here goes BC again with his mastermind manipulating

Gibby
07-12-2010, 01:32 AM
hallelujah Hedo is gone. he is a horrible contract and is declining and out of shape. i dont care if Barbosa aint the barbosa of old. Barbosa is not a long term investment.

This is happiest i ve heard as a raptor fan in a while.

OA SLAY
07-12-2010, 01:33 AM
sick! Watch out Heat!

Gibby
07-12-2010, 01:34 AM
raptors are looking a litle better for the future here goes BC again with his mastermind manipulating

i like this deal and admit raptor situation looks a bit better but im still pissed at BC. Until he gets us to respectability i will doubt him.

I also hate the signing Kleiza to an offersheet.

ldc62
07-12-2010, 01:38 AM
i like this deal and admit raptor situation looks a bit better but im still pissed at BC. Until he gets us to respectability i will doubt him.

I also hate the signing Kleiza to an offersheet.

How long ago, when we were respected? Even when we won the division everyone was saying how we will lose to the Nets (which we did).

STAT32
07-12-2010, 01:41 AM
hallelujah Hedo is gone. he is a horrible contract and is declining and out of shape. i dont care if Barbosa aint the barbosa of old. Barbosa is not a long term investment.

This is happiest i ve heard as a raptor fan in a while.

You do know you just traded your TPE for Boris "French Pastry" Diaw?

FlakeyFool
07-12-2010, 01:45 AM
how is this a good trade for the suns?

Derick713
07-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Barbosa has a better contract and is a better player than Turkoglu.

Steve Nash/
Jason Richardson/
Grant Hill/
Hedo Turkoglu/
Channing Frye/

Giantwarrior
07-12-2010, 01:46 AM
horrible signings. they need to start all over and get younger. they need to trade Nash and something back in return.

robdizzle3
07-12-2010, 01:47 AM
I would say its a great fit for Hedo, but he loves to have the rock in his hand like a crackhead lol. Nash dominates the ball and does Hedo just want to spot up? Eitehr way, this is a good move for both Toronto and Phoenix. They're gonna miss Amare's offense, but Hedo gets pushed back to a contender.

ntat
07-12-2010, 01:48 AM
These are solid pickups considering what they were left to work with after amare left. Plus Childress can D up.
I have to disagree with some posters, I think this helps the Suns in the short term.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-12-2010, 01:48 AM
You do know you just traded your TPE for Boris "French Pastry" Diaw?

you do know were financially looking way better than before right, more better than your suns are looking and this time we can be built more properly and actaully get a proper star instead of claiming a robin as our franchise saviour..

FlakeyFool
07-12-2010, 01:49 AM
What a soft front court that is with hedo playing PF. This is facepalm for PHX

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-12-2010, 01:51 AM
its actaully a good pick up for the suns if they can get both

dodie53
07-12-2010, 02:06 AM
watta move by the suns.

yeah!

DaoudS
07-12-2010, 02:07 AM
This is a terrible move by the Suns. Hedo NEEDS the ball in his hands to be effective in any game and that won't happen with Nash.

braveniler58
07-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Very interesting. This will be interesting.

Storch
07-12-2010, 02:15 AM
Bargs and Hedo should play in PHX. They will fit in so well.

STAT32
07-12-2010, 02:35 AM
you do know were financially looking way better than before right, more better than your suns are looking and this time we can be built more properly and actaully get a proper star instead of claiming a robin as our franchise saviour..

Do you understand the english language?

You can look as financially sound as possible and you still won't be able to lure a big FA up to Toronto. What's it feel like to develop talent for years only to have them bolt? Boris Diaw for 9mil a year is the worst contract in the league. Who on here said Robin was our savior? He will be a good, not great, center for our team for many years to come.

Duncan = Donkey
07-12-2010, 02:39 AM
WTF Phoenix.....stupid deal. Hedo playing PF??? Him and Nash wont work well at all. Hope this deal doesnt go through.

jhood
07-12-2010, 02:51 AM
I LAUGh OUT LOUD at phoenix !!

Thanks you from Toronto

Punkindrublic03
07-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Suns will be nasty... they got a nice starting 5 and the best bench in the league.

Duncan = Donkey
07-12-2010, 03:06 AM
WTF are Toronto doing now....getting Diaw,lol. Stupid FO's both of them.

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 03:14 AM
btw, who said Hedo is offically our starting PF? its very likely, and i dont mind it, but the offseason isnt done yet

PHX2daDEATH
07-12-2010, 03:17 AM
I don't think I like this. Turk provides nothing as far as rebounding and post defense goes. He needs the ball to be effective... I think this was a desperate grasp to convince Suns fans that we accomplished something this off-season.

agreed, its almost like having Boris Diaw back without the lowpost game.. I hope it falls through and we pursue Al Jefferson..

swaddell13
07-12-2010, 03:18 AM
suns prolly arnt gonna win if it was a game of 5v5...
but think of our bench compared to other teams' benches....

i aint worried, we beat the spurs in the playoffs that way

STAT1
07-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Do you understand the english language?

You can look as financially sound as possible and you still won't be able to lure a big FA up to Toronto. What's it feel like to develop talent for years only to have them bolt? Boris Diaw for 9mil a year is the worst contract in the league. Who on here said Robin was our savior? He will be a good, not great, center for our team for many years to come.

Im not positive but i think he was making a batman and robin reference.

PHX2daDEATH
07-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Any chance we swing Hedo to Orlando for Gortat? That'd be sweet

STAT32
07-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Oh I see, so because Turk hated every minute of Toronto and obviously was miserable there, he's a bad player and you know everything about him. I've said for years Turk was tailor made for a Phoenix Suns offense. I'll be proven right this season, everybody is saying Nash and Turk both need the ball to be effective. If they split ball-handling duties and in the process create switches and nightmares for opposing defenses, all the while passing to the other for wide open jumpers (Both are terrific shooters), you'll understand why this little experiment is going to shock a lot of people.

swaddell13
07-12-2010, 03:39 AM
oh i see, so because turk hated every minute of toronto and obviously was miserable there, he's a bad player and you know everything about him. I've said for years turk was tailor made for a phoenix suns offense. I'll be proven right this season, everybody is saying nash and turk both need the ball to be effective. If they split ball-handling duties and in the process create switches and nightmares for opposing defenses, all the while passing to the other for wide open jumpers (both are terrific shooters), you'll understand why this little experiment is going to shock a lot of people.

Shazam!

heyman321
07-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Oh I see, so because Turk hated every minute of Toronto and obviously was miserable there, he's a bad player and you know everything about him. I've said for years Turk was tailor made for a Phoenix Suns offense. I'll be proven right this season, everybody is saying Nash and Turk both need the ball to be effective. If they split ball-handling duties and in the process create switches and nightmares for opposing defenses, all the while passing to the other for wide open jumpers (Both are terrific shooters), you'll understand why this little experiment is going to shock a lot of people.

Yeah that's what they said in Toronto. Calderon and Turkoglu are both great shooters and passers and Chris Bosh will attract so much defensive attention that it will leave all shooters on the floor wide open. That worked well :rolleyes: .

heyman321
07-12-2010, 03:46 AM
If this goes through, it will be good on the Raptors part for clearing salary. I'd laugh if Colangelo actually gets Diaw, that would just cancel these two moves right out.

STAT32
07-12-2010, 03:50 AM
Yea because everyone knows Jose is just as good as Steve. And the Raptors had an excellent bench last year didn't they? Oh wait, no they didn't.

Steve Nash/Goran Dragic
Jason Richardson/Josh Childress
Grant Hill/Jared Dudley
Hedo Turkoglu/Hakim Warrick
Robin Lopez/Channing Frye

The point is, there's so much versatility in that top 10 it's absurd. Just because we start Hedo at PF doesn't mean that's where he'll see the majority of his minutes. He could be subbed into the second unit and become the primary distributor. Anyways, this is all sort of a moot point until we actually see this team take the floor. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

the-turk
07-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Suns still need a legit PF imo

Eyegazym27
07-12-2010, 03:59 AM
cant wait for the pick and fade as apposed to the pick and roll. Turk will be getting lots of open shots with both defenders trying to contain Nash from getting into the lane off the screen leaving Turk open for a shot or his defender screwed on a blow by when he tries to close in too late on him. not to mention the fact that Nash is a professional and will easily be able to play off Turk nicely

He will thrive in the Suns offense.

The biggest question remains to be seen as Gentry's rotation with Hak, Goran, Frye, Dudley, and the solid role player the Childress will become. Childress will b like another Dudley. A guy to bring tough D and drain from beyond the ark. Just gotta hope Gentry can bring that amazing togetherness and team emphasis in plugging in Hak, Childress, and Turk. If he could do it with Amar's' big head in the second half of last season it looks likely...

should make for another exciting season in the desert. Go Suns!

PHX2daDEATH
07-12-2010, 04:14 AM
i wonder what Earl Clark is thinking...I wonder if this will motivate him to be more aggresive in these summer league games..True we can now have four shooters on the floor with Nash, but what good does that do if the opposing team plays man to man..Who's going to rebound for this team, Frye and Turk are very streaky shooters imo, i guess it helps to have Gani and Earl at the end of the bench.. but really who uses a 12 man rotation nowadays...

Iron24th
07-12-2010, 04:20 AM
I think the Childress move is good,but the Turk move is horrible,if he starts at PF,wow he's gonna be destroyed against others PF like Gasol,Nowitzki,Aldridge etc...

And they'll have no inside offensive game with Lopez and Turk.

Fireworld
07-12-2010, 04:43 AM
I like it.

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 05:21 AM
When Turkoglu wants to/needs to, he can rebound. i remember one time jay triano was going small ball and made turkoglu the big man out there and he had 19 rebounds

UnWantedTheory
07-12-2010, 05:49 AM
I think Hedo, although maybe a decent fit, was a terrible trade for PHO. That contract and him being 31? I understand they are trying to make up for Amare, but that was a terrible trade considering they wont come close to what they did last year....just MO.
Childress on the other hand was a great addition. Wish the Spurs could have landed him. But I dont understand with all of this why Sarver didnt just give Amare his money...either way I dont care. PHO will definately not be what they were last year, so I am happy. I just wish the Spurs could get some quality.........

JayW_1023
07-12-2010, 06:25 AM
Nash will make them looks better offensively then they really are. That guy is an offensive genius.

Slimsim
07-12-2010, 08:02 AM
I not going to just forgot how bad hedo was last season. Doesn't he need the ball to be effective and how's he going to do that with Nash handling the ball majority of the time.

ntat
07-12-2010, 08:12 AM
What a soft front court that is with hedo playing PF. This is facepalm for PHXPhx is always soft in the front court, even with Amare

Rapthug
07-12-2010, 08:16 AM
As a Raps fan I think this is as good as we could have got. We are taking back a more friendlier contract and a real good uptempo guy when healthy.

I don't know what the Suns are thinking. Turk is going to play the 4 and get abused on a nightly basis. Hedo needs the "ball" and he will see it even less now with Nash. Good luck with that contract too!

Byronicle
07-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Steve Nash has to be a happy man

no, because Hedo is a cancer and Hedo wants to be the guy with the BALL at all times

2 good additions for the Suns if they sign them.

Childress would be a good fit for the Suns since he can hit the 3. Extra shooters never hurt.

He is a poor shooter now, trust me, he is on the decline

Hedo would be a great fit in Phoenix. As would Childress.

Great fit for Hedo, but still their bigs are still a question mark IMO. Wish they woulda went after David Lee... great rebounder which is what they need.

Not a good fit at all, how can you say this is a good fit when Nash needs the ball to be effective and so does Hedo Turkoglu? All Hedo did was complained about how he camped at the 3pt line, what do you think he'll do when with Nash or Dragan?

He became a cancer because he didn't get the ball, and on a Steve Nash team, where the team gives the ball to Nash all the time because of his superior playmaking skills, when is Turk going to get the ball? Phoenix relies on Nash driving in and dishing out to spot up 3pt shooters, TURK HATES BEING ONE OF THOSE.

LOL turk as a 4? yea right, we tried that and he got his little boy butt jailbanged by other 4's. You guys will see, this is a STEAL for the Raptors, lets see how you guys like Hedo when he is 33 and still has 2 years left on his huge contract.

He is not a good fit, stop saying he is, he needs to be paired up with a defensive minded PG, on a team that has good DEFENSE, not a team that is all offfense 3/4 of the season

Byronicle
07-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Phx is always soft in the front court, even with Amare

well they just went even more soft, from butter to children's doo doo

liliverson819
07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
I could see Hedo fitting in good with them hes a talented shooter and could run the court well good pickup

king4day
07-12-2010, 08:31 AM
What a soft front court that is with hedo playing PF. This is facepalm for PHX

Lopez isn't soft. Only Turk would be soft for us. Even Frye is OK on D.
Turk is not much a drop off, if any, than Amar'e.

S-Dot
07-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Who is making the moves for the Suns now that Kerr is gone? They're having a pretty good offseason in my opinion.

xbrackattackx
07-12-2010, 08:57 AM

x2

I was about to reply to dude with the same thing. Steve Nash is Money.

Chronz
07-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Why would the Suns do this?

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 01:23 PM
x2

I was about to reply to dude with the same thing. Steve Nash is Money.

bro btw i LOVE your sig and avatar. im obsessed with how i met your mother

king4day
07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Who is making the moves for the Suns now that Kerr is gone? They're having a pretty good offseason in my opinion.

The owner (Sarver) is. It's odd cuz he's seen as cheap as hell. Maybe he's doing this to keep the fans interested, but to an extent, all of these moves have been good basketball moves.

Hedo obviously is the big question mark, but offensively, no one can deny that this is a system for him.

Coach Gentry would probably have told Sarver not to get Hedo if he didn't think he could make it work.

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
anyone wanna make a sig bet that the suns will be better then last year?

Chronz
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
anyone wanna make a sig bet that the suns will be better then last year?

Yes though I dont see them declining too bad, I DEF dont see them improving.

AI4MVP
07-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Yes though I dont see them declining too bad, I DEF dont see them improving.

mmk. this is possibly be the greatest offensive team of all time, though rebounding wont be great, it wont be as much of a decline as people think it will be, especially in the second unit with childress being a huge upgrade defensively and on the boards then barbosa.

this is s system where a 6'7" marion played pf once upon a time with a 6'10" stoudemire at center.

this is a system where nash will be running the break with the lineup of jrich, turk, frye and dudley at times. running the break with 5 DEADLY three point shooters.

the only decline that will happen is in grant hill. alot of the time we gave the ball to grant hill becuz u needs the ball to be effective too. so we gave it to him and he did his thing. Now we will be giving it to Hedo Turkoglu, who is a better option then Hill right now, and Hedo will be creating for himself, or others.

I see the chemistry working perfectly with this team

Dallas Tx4Life
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
I not going to just forgot how bad hedo was last season. Doesn't he need the ball to be effective and how's he going to do that with Nash handling the ball majority of the time.

true... at first i saw this and was like wow suns are gonna be pretty nice, but come on.. hedo was awful last year and is a ball hog

Frank Costanza
07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
hedo sucks we wasted money on him for one yr ur wasting 4 yrs ur gm is a goof

Oakley's Fist
07-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Maybe they think those fabled Pheonix trainer's can actually get Hedo's fat butt into shape.

Indi23
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah that's what they said in Toronto. Calderon and Turkoglu are both great shooters and passers and Chris Bosh will attract so much defensive attention that it will leave all shooters on the floor wide open. That worked well :rolleyes: .

Bosh attract defensive attention? please he was the least double teamed 20/10 guy last year.

kjdills13
07-12-2010, 03:25 PM
people can be haters on the suns but heres the truth.

when amare left people said whos going to run the pick and roll?
awnser- Hakim Warrick

People said whos going to be able to run iso's
answer- Hedo ( hes going to play the 4 so will have mismatches vs the slower bigger 4's)

people say were not big enought- suns can go, nash, childress(6'9), Hedo(6,10), Frye(6'11), Lopez (7). Yes our starting lineup is smaller but we have depth and cold mold and matchup with a variety of teams.

people say the suns still dont have good defense- well childress is a big defender that is a big upgrade over barbosa, and Hedo is not a downgrade to amare ( which isnt saying much).

the fact is yes hedo is a bad contract i agree but that doesnt take away that he is a borderline allstar and in phoenix he will thrive. he WILL get the ball in ISO's and he WILL play will the ball in his hand. Nash CAN play off the ball and be a lights out shooter. We gave alot of iso's to grant hill last year now it will be hedo. nash will still lead and have the ball alot on the fast break BUT hedo will get his touches and will be wide open for shots.

The one thing you should know about Gentry is he gets EVERYBODY involved and uses EVERYBODY'S strengths.

Offensivly the team is better that EVER and nobody can argue that.

Defensivly the team has better than ever wing defenders and the best post defender (lopez) they have had in a while.

rebounding they will have to be scrapy. BUT amare was a below overage rebounder and with the Hedo they lose about 4 rebounds a game but lopez will improve and get more boards and the suns will get more boards from childress than barbosa and warrick than dudley.

Magic Bean Fury
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Hedo's contract is only 3 million more than the player option Barbosa has for 2011-12 (he's sure to opt in) and let's face it Turks is better than him. Come 2013-14 and Turks can opt-in on 12.2 million, Phoenix may be regretting that move or trying to move an expiring contract. I still think, overall, he is overrated. Playing with the Magic really mad him look good.

rapswin98
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8hFpTgaetk&feature=related

rapswin98
07-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Hedo needs that "Ball" in his hands. I dont see this working out in Phoenix

Punkindrublic03
07-12-2010, 04:17 PM
lots of suns haters in here

thephoenixson28
07-12-2010, 04:18 PM
hedo sucks we wasted money on him for one yr ur wasting 4 yrs ur gm is a goof We don't have a GM the jokes on you.

thephoenixson28
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Hedo's contract is only 3 million more than the player option Barbosa has for 2011-12 (he's sure to opt in) and let's face it Turks is better than him. Come 2013-14 and Turks can opt-in on 12.2 million, Phoenix may be regretting that move or trying to move an expiring contract. I still think, overall, he is overrated. Playing with the Magic really mad him look good. The last year of hedos contract is only worth 6.1 million. He waved the other 6.1 million just to play in phoenix.

Indi23
07-12-2010, 04:21 PM
^^^hehehehhhheehehe

Pissing of Raps a bit more.

king4day
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
We don't have a GM the jokes on you.

:laugh:

Regardless....if we didn't make the moves, people will talk about how the window is closed and it might have been better to keep Amar'e.

Now, it's that Hedo isn't a good fit and overpaid. Rebouding will be our biggest concern. Gentry can mix and match the lineups if his defense blows.

kjdills13
07-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I love how Turk has one bad year and people say he sucks. the truth is he had 1 BAD year with a team thats nots good in toronto in which he probably didnt like to play. Now he is going to a contender in the suns in which he will be the 2nd offensive threat on the team. With a system that puts up huge numbers and a team that has GREAT locker room guys. Hedo will go back to his 08, 09 form and be a big player for the suns.

Dont hate on a player for one bad year on a bad team, in a city that he only went to bc of the money.

fact is he took less money to b in phoenix thats how much he hated toronto. He will be a good player for the suns

Lancelot
07-12-2010, 06:20 PM
hedo sucks we wasted money on him for one yr ur wasting 4 yrs ur gm is a goof

I'll take hedo, he only makes a little more than barbosa. Barbosa's contract is awful and he crumbles under pressure. Colangelo is hilarious collecting these former suns and their bad contracts by taking Diaw as well.

hedo and nash will work well together. lots of guys that can pass, create and shoot with lopez down low. I don't see them conflicting.

BayHuStLE
07-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I like the childress acquistion, but unsure of Hedo.... I thought he just had a good contract year in Orlando, and kinda wouldnt produce like that again...

PHX2daDEATH
07-12-2010, 06:41 PM
we'll definately be deeper then last year but what if Hedo comes in with his bad attitude. It would suck to pay a guy all that money to be benched and believe me Gentry will bench him, Im still trying to grasp the concept.. maybe the positive locker room will have an effect on Hedo, who knows, I almost would prefer Troy Murphy