this was already posted and locked....

jesse jackson needs to stfu

Gators123
07-11-2010, 09:32 PM
jesse jackson needs to stfu

This

Illinirob83
07-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Is this for real or from the onion or something? Jesse just shut up. Why bring slavery into this? Ridiculous.

cle12152433
07-11-2010, 09:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I hope the link works..

"CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger. Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.

Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined comment."

I hate to say it -- but Reverend Jackson kinda has a point

In danger? Maybe -- I sure wouldn't be surprised if some fool tried to do something stupid the LeBron's house in Akron -- if not actually doing something to LeBron himself -- which is obviously not likely

How anyone can agree with what Gilbert did only means they probably don't realize how out of line it was.
Gilbert could have voiced just as much anger and resentment without resorting to the lowly depths he did.

Stern and the NBA need to address this publicly asap.

A) David Stern cannot do anything ti Gilbert...What could he possibly have as a reasoning? You cant fine someone for explaining their mind.

B) Jesse Jackson is practically dead. Nobody cares about him. He can stfu and wory about restoring his own image, because every time he opens his mouth people think less and less of him...

pistonsfanomg
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Is this for real or from the onion or something? Jesse just shut up. Why bring slavery into this? Ridiculous.

lol

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
You people are to young to have some respect for a man who fought so that you could have some of very rights you take for granted today. IT'S A SHAME! If any of you think that Jesse is no longer relevant in today's society, just take a look at the way Obama is being attacked by a good portion of our society. Yeah, racism is over and done with. Man it must feel good to live on Denial street.

MattColby
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I ****ing hate Jesse Jackson. It's always racist with that guy.

Gators123
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
You people are to young to have some respect for a man who fought so that you could have some of very rights you take for granted today. IT'S A SHAME! If any of you think that Jesse is no longer relevant in today's society, just take a look at the way Obama is being attacked by a good portion of our society. Yeah, racism is over and done with. Man it must feel good to live on Denial street.

Hes a piece of **** racist.

kriviant
07-11-2010, 09:40 PM
jesse jackson is out of his mind.

cle12152433
07-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Jezeble, I like my opinion better than yours :P...

In all seriousness tho, Jesse needs to butt out.....

CountSackula
07-11-2010, 09:42 PM
:moon: http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/mrmojo112/crybaby_.gif?t=1278898900 :moon:

Cry some more OP.

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 09:43 PM

People like him and you are the reason racism keeps going. Ignorance and lack of knowlege fuel misconceptions. What the real shame here is someone that was relevant back when change was needed still feels the need to stir up controversy in a subject where racism was clearly never an issue. Lebron james was given everything and anything he ever wanted in cleveland so please do explain where the racism came in and where your rev.jessie jackson is right about his comments?

Max Power
07-11-2010, 09:44 PM
$15 mil = slave?

Sign me up!!

Jezeble
Hes a piece of **** racist.

Right, he was the one who institted slavery in America. He hung Black people from trees. Beat them over the head, set dogs on them, locked them up. Segregated them. Victimized them. Hmmmm...

Jesse cannot be "racist." Look up the meaning of the word. Racism is a system instituted to benefit one race at th expense of the other. Now, the only people who think Jesse is racist, are white males, who benefit from the current system.

Educate yourself, please.:rolleyes:

netsgiantsyanks

shut up. jesse jackson pulls out the race card on everything and always runs his mouth we most likely would of had a black president 26 years ago if his dumbass didnt make those remarks about the jews. yeah racism is still out there but its not 1955, its 2010.

LAcowBOMBER
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Jesse Jackson at one point played an important role, but now he keeps turning things that are not about race into racial issues so he still seems relevant. Byt eh time he dies, people won;t even remember any of the good he did if he keeps saying ignorant things like this. The man is a racist and is doing nothing but causing racial tension instead of trying to calm it. And Obama is bein attacked mostly for his inability to follow through with promises. Most of his detractors are not racist.

GuySir
07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
The guy is just trying to stir the pot, his name hasn't been mentioned much lately and he needs to get back in the papers...

Gators123
07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Right, he was the one who institted slavery in America. He hung Black people from trees. Beat them over the head, set dogs on them, locked them up. Segregated them. Victimized them. Hmmmm...

Jesse cannot be "racist." Look up the meaning of the word. Racism is a system instituted to benefit one race at th expense of the other. Now, the only people who think Jesse is racist, are white males, who benefit from the current system.

Would Bigot be a better word? I think you may be a bigot also.

Its 2010, racism shouldn't be a scapegoat anymore

Bruno
Jesse Jackson to the rescue! I haven't even read what he said- but maybe he should just keep his anti-Semitic mouth shut instead of using it as an opportunity for some free press.

"Kiss it...apologize" -South Park.

cle12152433
$15 mil = slave?

Sign me up!!

:clap:
:laugh:

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
People like him and you are the reason racism keeps going. Ignorance and lack of knowlege fuel misconceptions. What the real shame here is someone that was relevant back when change was needed still feels the need to stir up controversy in a subject where racism was clearly never an issue. Lebron james was given everything and anything he ever wanted in cleveland so please do explain where the racism came in and where your rev.jessie jackson is right about his comments?

Keep telling yourself that. Bury your head in the sand. Look around you, minorities are treated like crap everyday. What would you know about it. That reverse-racism crap does not work with me. Some minorities will sit back and be quiet because they r afraid to speak up because of this crap. NOT ME. When you have been victimized because of your race, then come talk to me. Until then, shut up!:mad:

Max Power
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
You think Rev Attention Whore is angry now, wait 'till Jr. has to face the music for offering $$$$ for the senate seat.

GuySir
07-11-2010, 09:49 PM

Show me the dictionary entry that explains the definition of racism as anyone who "hung black people from trees, beat them over the head, set dogs on them, locked them up, segregated them, victimized them" I'm thinking you're the one that needs to look it up.

TEXASTITAN
Right, he was the one who instituted slavery in America. He huing lack people from trees. Beat them over the head, set dogs on them, loked them up. Segregated them. Victimized them. Hmmmm...

Educate yourself on how to use a keyboard before you go preaching hate on a sports forum. The only one being racist here is you take your own advice and get educated. Blacks have more rights today than ever and people like you still want more you have equality,fair treatment hell you have the whitehouse and your still preaching that your not getting what your owed? Give it a rest the whole crying about what happened to your ancestors is getting old they are dead and gone and we didn't do it you don't get to hold an entire race hostage over something that their ancestors did and claim lies about the state of the united states and black vs white today.

m26555
Keep telling yourself that. Bury your head in the sand. Look around you, minorities are treated like crap everyday. What would you know about it. That reverse-racism crap does not work with me. Some minorities will sit ack and be quiet because they r afraid to speak up because of this crap. NOT ME. When you have een victimized because of your race, then come talk to me. Until then, shut up!:mad:
So you're saying that LeBron James, who just signed a gigantic contract for around $100 million, is being treated like a slave? Give me a break. This thread isn't about your experiences (which I don't doubt that you have had); it's about Jackson's ridiculous comments regarding the situation with Gilbert and James.

Jezeble
Jesse Jackson to the rescue! I haven't even read what he said- but maybe he should just keep his anti-Semitic mouth shut instead of using it as an opportunity for some free press.

"Kiss it...apologize" -South Park.

Wow, there is such a thing as anti-semitism , but not RACISM? You've got to be kidding me!

MattColby
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Bury your head in the sand. Look around you, minorities are treated like crap everyday. What would you know about it. That reverse-racism crap does not work with me. Some minorities will sit back and be quiet because they r afraid to speak up because of this crap. NOT ME. When you have been victimized because of your race, then come talk to me. Until then, shut up!:mad:

It's the world we live in today. Everyone treats everyone like **** no matter what color they are. You are being absolutely ridiculous. The only one with their head in the sand is you.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 09:51 PM
So you're saying that LeBron James, who just signed a gigantic contract for around $100 million, is being treated like a slave? Give me a break. This thread isn't about your experiences (which I don't doubt that you have had); it's about Jackson's ridiculous comments regarding the situation with Gilbert and James.

No. I am saying you people should shut your mouths about racism if you have never been a victim of it. Go back to ur nice suburbs and cushy jobs and live in oblivion.:rolleyes:

m26555
07-11-2010, 09:52 PM
No. I am saying you people should shut your mouths about racism if you have never been a victim of it. Go back to ur nice suburbs and cushy jobs and live in oblivion.:rolleyes:
Which, again, has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic.

No one is denying that racism still exists...Jesus Christ.

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 09:53 PM

Ive been victimized by blacks yet i don't cry about it and claim that all blacks are evil. Your the one with your head up your *** you are reaching for something thats simply not there and you look as ignorant as jessie does. I know minorities have more rights than ever before i know our border gates are open and we take mexicans and haiti refugees every day we give asylum to anyone who claims it. Tell your sad sob story to the american indians if you wanna know who really god screwed they did go tell them how you feel like your still being wronged. You have no idea what your talking about and if you were beat over the head obviously it wasn't hard enough because your still talking nonsense.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 09:53 PM
It's the world we live in today. Everyone treats everyone like **** no matter what color they are. You are being absolutely ridiculous. The only one with their head in the sand is you.

Yeah, and the very next time some random stranger calls me the "N" word, then I should pretend it didn't happen. God, this country is the land of the lost.:rolleyes:

Gators123
07-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Stereotype much?

MattColby
07-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Just stop. You sound so stupid.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Ive been victimized by blacks yet i don't cry about it and claim that all blacks are evil. Your the one with your head up your *** you are reaching for something thats simply not there and you look as ignorant as jessie does. I know minorities have more rights than ever before i know our border gates are open and we take mexicans and haiti refugees every day we give asylum to anyone who claims it. Tell your sad sob story to the american indians if you wanna know who really god screwed they did go tell them how you feel like your still being wronged. You have no idea what your talking about and if you were beat over the head obviously it wasn't hard enough because your still talking nonsense.

Really? You've been victimized by Blacks? Was it widespread and systematic? Was it a part of the culture, the laws? Hmmmm...You poor, poor, man!:rolleyes:

Gators123
07-11-2010, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0dX9exZz4

Let me guess, they aren't racist?

MattColby
Somebody close this ****ing thread. You are a ****ing joke. Can't we stay on the topic of the thread.

drobe86

+1 here. People think because it's 2010 the times have changed all that much. Truth is it really hasn't people just don't have the balls to be so openly racist anymore. Jessie Jackson is 100 percent right about this subject. Dan Gilbert could give a **** less about Lebron the man, he's just upset that Lebron won't be making him any more money. It's funny how 2 weeks ago Lebron was the greatest player in the world, and Gilbert worshipped the ground LBJ walked on. Now that LBJ decided to play for the Heat he's benedict arnold, and a traitor and all this other crap. Gilbert showed his true colors, and its definately a slave masters mentality in my mind.

Jezeble
Just stop. You sound so stupid.

Of course, if that makes u feel better. That queasy feeling in your stomach is the realizing that the ghost of racism is not dead and buried in this country.

CountSackula
Initiate: flame war.

Bigbadmoffo
07-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Racism isn't gone. But crying racism over everything makes a race look bad. Every race has rascist ppl but when a guy like Jesse says that this has anything to do with racism is just stupid. Obama is an example of how far we came. Seriously you're no better then Jesse. Do you think Obama would have one if their were that many racsist ppl.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Would Bigot be a better word? I think you may be a bigot also.

Its 2010, racism shouldn't be a scapegoat anymore

Wow, I'm bigotted? Look at how many of u r attacking me here? Wait, of course, PSD forum memers are 89% white males. I forgot.

MattColby
07-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Of course, if that makes u feel better. That queasy feeling in your stomach is the realizing that the ghost of racism is not dead and buried in this country.

There are people who are racist, absolutely. It's not holding you back anymore though. There's a black ****ing president for christ sakes.

Kashmir13579

thats ignorant. jesse jackson implying that dan Gilbert's comments were racist makes him a racist. can't two people of different color have a disagreement without somebody playing the race card. ****ing pathetic.

Bubba313
I think the question is... if Dan Gilbert were black would this even be brought up? Or is Lebron still a slave working to make his slavemaster money?

Answer that Jezeble

MattColby
07-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow, I'm bigotted? Look at how many of u r attacking me here? Wait, of course, PSD forum memers are 89% white males. I forgot.

Yeah, its because you are black that we are attacking you. Not because you are ignorant and just ruined this entire thread with your stupid rants.

NaccAttack11
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM

That comment wasn't racist at all.:rolleyes:

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Racism isn't gone. But crying racism over everything makes a race look bad. Every race has rascist ppl but when a guy like Jesse says that this has anything to do with racism is just stupid. Obama is an example of how far we came. Seriously you're no better then Jesse. Do you think Obama would have one if their were that many racsist ppl.

I don't cry racism for everry thing. I know etter. I teach a class on diversity in the workplace. You would be surprised how many people are like you -- in denial -- until they r handed the facts. Racism is not always the issue, but pretending its not there is foolish.

Bruno
07-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Wow, there is such a thing as anti-semitism , but not RACISM? You've got to be kidding me!

Both absolutely exist. I don't get what you're saying?

GuySir
lol I think it's time to go to a different thread and discuss sports, I'm done with one.

Max Power
Got to give old Jess credit, he knew the pathetic race card is pretty much passe...so he pulls out the slavery card!! Brilliant!

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
That comment wasn't racist at all.:rolleyes:

No. i live in a nice neighorhood with a cushy job too. My point is u immediately thought those conditions were only for people who r not minorities. How is that racist. Once again, racism is not a state of mind -- it is a system .

Gators123
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM

Yup, we are all bigots, except we are all fans of basketball which is a mostly black sport. That doesn't make sense :confused:

drobe86
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Judging Gilbert's recent statements he is absolutely 100 percent a Racist. Can anyone out there explain to me how Lebron was the greatest player in the world not even 2 weeks ago and because he didn't resign with cleveland he is benedict arnold. Because LBJ isn't putting money in mr Gilbert's pocket anymore he's a bum and he cant play anymore. If he's this and that why did Gilbert want to resign him? why did he care if LBJ left?

Bubba313
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM
For the people who support Jesse's actions...

If Dan Gilbert were black does Jesse even make this comment?

MattColby
Poor, Poor Lebron. The billion dollar slave. Lebron would probably even tell Jesse to STFU.

TEXASTITAN
I think the only think you are a victim of is being uneducated. You seem to lack the knowlege to follow through with an argument like this 60% of our prison system are african americans and your talking about being victimized? The only true crime is the taxpayers have to feed and house these people who are convicted criminals murders,rapist,thieves,molesters the list goes on and on. How many times can you get caught sticking your hand in the cookie jar and claiming innocence before it's just redundant and useless to try to explain to someone that what you did is wrong. Victimized you say? Yeah ive been victimized because of my color by a group of blacks who thought it would be funny to gang up on a white kid where nobody could see them thats how cowardly they were. I tell you what it takes real men to have a go at someon 5 on 1 doesn't it? But ya know what i know you didn't do it but because they were black if i follow your point of view i should hate them right? And i should by your point of view blame them for whatever doesn't go my way right? Guess what i don't believe that i believe that people should be trusted until they are given a reason not to be trusted whatever their color. I believe that faith is not something that is taken lightly and you don't have to have certain skin color in order be trusted or given a good job. And i also believe in karma and what comes around truly does come around and those 5 that jumped me like cowards where nobody could see them. Well i humilated them individually in front of everyone and in the end they paid their debt to me so everyone gets theirs in the end. Even bigots that teach and preach hate like you and jessie jackson you either want things to change for your race for the better or you are destined to keep repeating the mistakes of the past let it go nobody is out to get you,

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, its because you are black that we are attacking you. Not because you are ignorant and just ruined this entire thread with your stupid rants.

Who said I was Black? Did I? So u just assumed that I am Black becuse I defended Jesse? I did not ruin this thread. You all did he moment you started vilifying a man who has accomplished much more in his lifetime than any of u ever will.

Mike515089
07-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Insert the word race watch WW3 start. Jesus why does everything have to do with race. A guy could be shoting Javilin missles at planes and when he gets shot people would be more focused on what color the guy who was shoting the missles was and what color the guy was that shot him. :facepalm:

Bruno
07-11-2010, 10:07 PM
For the people who support Jesse's actions...

If Dan Gilbert were black does Jesse even make this comment?

IF Dan Gilbert were black Jesse Jackson would have "wanted to cut his nuts off" for disrespecting black people.

Just like what he said about Obama under his breath when he didn't realize his dumbass was mic'ed up, AGAIN.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I think the only think you are a victim of is being uneducated. You seem to lack the knowlege to follow through with an argument like this 60% of our prison system are african americans and your talking about being victimized? The only true crime is the taxpayers have to feed and house these people who are convicted criminals murders,rapist,thieves,molesters the list goes on and on. How many times can you get caught sticking your hand in the cookie jar and claiming innocence before it's just redundant and useless to try to explain to someone that what you did is wrong. Victimized you say? Yeah ive been victimized because of my color by a group of blacks who thought it would be funny to gang up on a white kid where nobody could see them thats how cowardly they were. I tell you what it takes real men to have a go at someon 5 on 1 doesn't it? But ya know what i know you didn't do it but because they were black if i follow your point of view i should hate them right? And i should by your point of view blame them for whatever doesn't go my way right? Guess what i don't believe that i believe that people should be trusted until they are given a reason not to be trusted whatever their color. I believe that faith is not something that is taken lightly and you don't have to have certain skin color in order be trusted or given a good job. And i also believe in karma and what comes around truly does come around and those 5 that jumped me like cowards where nobody could see them. Well i humilated them individually in front of everyone and in the end they paid their debt to me so everyone gets theirs in the end. Even bigots that teach and preach hate like you and jessie jackson you either want things to change for your race for the better or you are destined to keep repeating the mistakes of the past let it go nobody is out to get you,

You are from Texas, so I will ot dignify anything you say about racism with a response. But I will say this, your argument, just made my case for me. Take a good look at who you are on the inside. As for education, I will put mine up aginst yours any day.

NaccAttack11
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I've come to a conclusion that Jezeble is Jesse Jackson...
*waits for this clown to call me a racist*

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Yup, we are all bigots, except we are all fans of basketball which is a mostly black sport. That doesn't make sense :confused:

Yeah. Next you are going to tell me how many minority friends you have. That's how it usually works. LOL. God bless you.:D

MattColby
07-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Who said I was Black? Did I? So u just assumed that I am Black becuse I defended Jesse? I did not ruin this thread. You all did he moment you started vilifying a man who has accomplished much more in his lifetime than any of u ever will.

Yeah, and the very next time some random stranger calls me the "N" word, then I should pretend it didn't happen. God, this country is the land of the lost.:rolleyes:

HELLO???? You didn't exactly say it I guess, but this pretty much spelled it out for everyone. :speechless:

Korman12
07-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Not a place for Jesse's insight.

TEXASTITAN
07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
You are from Texas, so I will ot dignify anything you say about racism with a response. But I will say this, your argument, just made my case for me. Take a good look at who you are on the inside. As for education, I will put mine up aginst yours any day.

You can't even use a keyboard and a computer properly and teaching hate and diversity in the workplace doesn't make you right. Like it or not the facts are the facts but you don't have any interest in debating the facts do you? No you don't want to debate the facts because they aren't in your favor and you would rather say things that suit your argument rather than anything of merit that justifies your argument. I bet your scared of the dark as well you seem to truly believe everyone is out to get you id like to know what medications your on to make you so angry and delusional. And you just automatically assume since im from texas im a racist. You my friend are the only racist here and your comments support my claim.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I've come to a conclusion that Jezeble is Jesse Jackson...
*waits for this clown to call me a racist*

And you are Canadian. What a shame I expected better. No, I am not Jesse, but I have the commonsense to respect a man who has made a worthwhile contribution to this country. I don't call people racists, they don't need me to tell them who they are. We all have our moral compasses. See which way yousr is pointing.:D

Bubba313
07-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Jezeble stop avoiding the elephant in the room here..

If Dan Gilbert were black does it change ur opinion on Jesse Jackson's comments...

or even better.. if Lebron were a white player, wouldn't Jesse Jackson have to make the same comment?

USMCLaker
07-11-2010, 10:15 PM

I respect Jessie Jackson and MLK JR is my favorite leader of all time but sorry the PSDer's are right this time. There is nothing wrong with the city of Cleveland's anger towards LBJ after the way he departed. They are entitled to their feelings it's just sports not a new anti-civil rights movement. Playing the race card unnecessarily does not support his cause but hurts it.

drobe86

+1 to that. Jessie Jackson is one of the more accomplished African American civil rights leaders of our time. The problem is white people don't care or will never acknowledge that because they don't UNDERSTAND what our people went through and the things that he is preaching. The honorable Malcolm X and Minister Farrakan were smarter than any of them and nobody liked what they preached. As long is it was Martin Luther King who just let them beat on him it was ok. X and Farrakan taught us to fight back physically and that was a problem. Yet they beat our people physically for 300-400 years and it was fine. Truth is Jezeble you are really beating a dead horse here. They dont CARE or want to understand what the man is saying. they simply want to act like America's this wonderful place where everyone is treated equal and has equal rights. They know just as well as you know that Americas not equal and never will be. It's been over 400 years and I'm still waiting on my 40 acres and a mule.

Jezeble
You can't even use a keyboard and a computer properly and teaching hate and diversity in the workplace doesn't make you right. Like it or not the facts are the facts but you don't have any interest in debating the facts do you? No you don't want to debate the facts because they aren't in your favor and you would rather say things that suit your argument rather than anything of merit that justifies your argument. I bet your scared of the dark as well you seem to truly believe everyone is out to get you id like to know what medications your on to make you so angry and delusional.

In all of this you are talking about my use of a keyboard? Get behind me Satan!:facepalm:

Atticus Finch
Judging Gilbert's recent statements he is absolutely 100 percent a Racist. Can anyone out there explain to me how Lebron was the greatest player in the world not even 2 weeks ago and because he didn't resign with cleveland he is benedict arnold. Because LBJ isn't putting money in mr Gilbert's pocket anymore he's a bum and he cant play anymore. If he's this and that why did Gilbert want to resign him? why did he care if LBJ left?

You answered your own question, money. If lebron was white Gilbert would still be mad.

Denying racism is stupid, accusing people of being racist with nothing substantial to prove it is just as stupid. Claiming minorities can't be racist is just ignorant

Bruno
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
And you are Canadian. What a shame I expected better. No, I am not Jesse, but I have the commonsense to respect a man who has made a worthwhile contribution to this country. I don't call people racists, they don't need me to tell them who they are. We all have our moral compasses. See which way yousr is pointing.:D

He has made worthwhile contributions to this country. No question, he walked right there with Dr. King. That's undeniable, it's history.. But that doesn't mean he's infallible, or incapable of saying stupid things, which he absolutely has. It cost him the democratic election for president in 1988.

MattColby
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
I respect Jessie Jackson and MLK JR is my favorite leader of all time but sorry the PSDer's are right this time. There is nothing wrong with the city of Cleveland's anger towards LBJ after the way he departed. They are entitled to their feelings it's just sports not a new anti-civil rights movement. Playing the race card unnecessarily does not support his cause but hurts it.

:clap:

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 10:17 PM

Gilbert overreacted, big time. Having said that, my argument is not whether or not he has a slave-master mentality, nor to justify Jesse's argument. My outrage is for the lack of respect shown here for a man of Jesse's calier, plin and simple.

Ironman5219
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM

So if a black man slams on a white man its not racists hate, but if the white man slams on the black man its racists? Thanks for clearing that up for all of us, I'm so glad we live in the land of equality.
Look Pal people are treated like dirt no matter what color they are and yes that includes the whites that you and Rev Jackson hate so much. And yes you and the Rev. are racists.

MattColby
07-11-2010, 10:18 PM
In all of this you are talking about my use of a keyboard? Get behind me Satan!:facepalm:

I feel so bad for you. Your vision is so blurred it's pathetic.

bahama0811
07-11-2010, 10:19 PM
This thread isn't going anywhere.