PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is happy for Lebron's and his decision

JordansBulls
07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohz7P6TE1CM

@ 2:44 mark

Hoopsadvocate
07-11-2010, 09:10 PM
:clap: For Kobe. Laker fans hopefully learn something from this and stop with the unwarranted hate for LeBron and the HEAT.

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Kobe also refers to LeBron as a friend, which should put some perspective on the mindset of contemporary NBA superstars as a whole. Magic and Bird didn't feel like friends until after they ended their careers. Safe to say, "Beat LA" chants in Miami notwithstanding, I think any hopes for a true rivalry between LA and MIA is a stretch.

krest213
07-11-2010, 09:13 PM
respect Kobe

Hoopsadvocate
07-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Kobe also refers to LeBron as a friend, which should put some perspective on the mindset of contemporary NBA superstars as a whole. Magic and Bird didn't feel like friends until after they ended their careers. Safe to say, "Beat LA" chants in Miami notwithstanding, I think any hopes for a true rivalry between LA and MIA is a stretch.

Wrong. During their tv special on HBO they both said how they went to dinner at each others house met their respective mothers and became friends while they were in the league. Sure they were competitive on the court but so are players now there friends off but once they see the other jersey its strictly business.

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Wrong. During their tv special on HBO they both said how they went to dinner at each others house met their respective mothers and became friends while they were in the league. Sure they were competitive on the court but so are players now there friends off but once they see the other jersey its strictly business.

Let me restate. Neither Bird nor Magic gave the PUBLIC the perception that they were friends, while they were in the league.

dtmagnet
07-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Let me restate. Neither Bird nor Magic gave the PUBLIC the perception that they were friends, while they were in the league.

I wish players were still like that, there's too much buddy buddy crap these days.

Hoopsadvocate
07-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I wish players were still like that, there's too much buddy buddy crap these days.

His restated statement has nothing to do with that then it just means the media now sucks not the players as they (magic/bird) were friends it just wasnt as public because of the media. Its not the players fault.

RaiderLakersA's
07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
His restated statement has nothing to do with that then it just means the media now sucks not the players as they (magic/bird) were friends it just wasnt as public because of the media. Its not the players fault.

Blame partly the media, but also credit the players as well. Magic and Bird simply did not make their close ties known to the greater public. It would have detracted from the Celtics - Lakers rivalry/mystique if they had.

That said, Magic, however, had no qualms about kissing Zeke at half court or being good friends with Mark Aguirre publicly. At the end of the day, maybe we as fans need the sense of animus and rivalry more than the players do.

LA_Raiders
07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
kobe is in another league... In the court he will tear you up, and outside he has too much class... We saw it in the finals, and he is showing it now...

Kobe is the face of basketball.

iggypop123
07-11-2010, 10:11 PM
kobe is also happy cause the kobe lebron debate just died

Bruno
07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
This is what Team USA does guys, it makes everybody friendly off the court. Don't give me the "Bird and Magic/Thomas weren't friends" crap. This is always how its been.

Hoopsadvocate
07-11-2010, 10:16 PM
kobe is in another league... In the court he will tear you up, and outside he has too much class... We saw it in the finals, and he is showing it now...

:eyebrow: Lets not act like hes the leagues angel now... i dont want this to get into a flamer thread but kobe has suspect off the court issues i hope i wont have to bring up.

nickdymez
07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
:clap: For Kobe. Laker fans hopefully learn something from this and stop with the unwarranted hate for LeBron and the HEAT.

Why do people think that laker fans "hate" the Heat? Im a Laker fan, but i hate the fact that Lebron went about his free agency all wrong and decided to play for the Heat the way he did.. What do you mean "Laker fans?" You think were the only ones that think this was kind of Lame? What about Cavs fans? How do you think they feel?

ink
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Blame partly the media, but also credit the players as well. Magic and Bird simply did not make their close ties known to the greater public. It would have detracted from the Celtics - Lakers rivalry/mystique if they had.

That said, Magic, however, had no qualms about kissing Zeke at half court or being good friends with Mark Aguirre publicly. At the end of the day, maybe we as fans need the sense of animus and rivalry more than the players do.

Agreed. Plus Bird was an hornery SOB right through to the end and when he was on the court he was genuinely NOT Magic's friend. Didn't they make the distinction in the HBO doc that Bird was a friend of Earvin, and not really Magic. They made it clear that the two separated personal from professional. They were genuine competitors.

Mplsman
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Kobe has to be nice. The east just Heated up and they have some serious competition now.

kingkobe
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
On another note his finger didn't look too bad.

shep33
07-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Haha of course he has to say that, I mean they are friends and all, but when it comes time to play... the guy won't show them anything. I actually think Kobe likes them going to one team, put a challenge out and the guy comes to play. Haha I remember Chuck on TNT said he'd never score 30-40ppg ever again... then he goes and averages over 30 ppg vs the Jazz, and absolutely destroyed the Suns scoring basically 30-40 points every night on over 50% shooting.

Anybody remember the Finals of the Lakers vs Magic? Kobe and D12 are friends as well, but Kobe was trash talking Dwight, fouling him extremely hard (i.e. the foul when D12 missed those 2 free throws at the end of game 4), literally dragging Howard to the floor.

Another example... remember the Olympic game vs Spain... Kobe ran right through Gasol (his own teammate), just leveling him to the floor, didn't help him up or anything.

When it comes time to play he won't care who they are, which is the way it should be. I think D12 has that now... remember how he was all fun and games vs the Celtics in the first couple of games, then down 0-3, not one smile, but plenty of 'bows. I like to see that, and Howard earned my respect for that.

Celtics too, they play physical... don't care who you are, they want to be the bad guy, friends or no friends.

Basically what I'm saying is that guys are too buddy buddy on the court. Its okay to be friends off the court, but when you step out there, those guys should be your enemy. Magic, Bird and Mike were always like that, made the competition better for the game

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Kobe and "class" can't be used in the same sentence unless you are referring to a subject, or a classroom.:D

JAZZNC
07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
:eyebrow: Lets not act like hes the leagues angel now... i dont want this to get into a flamer thread but kobe has suspect off the court issues i hope i wont have to bring up.

Like what?

Having sex with someone who wasn't his wife!?!?! Every rich incredibly famous person does that.

Didn't Wade give his wife an STD he got from some skank?

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 11:08 PM
[QUOTE=JAZZNC;14092219]Like what?

Having sex with someone who wasn't his wife!?!?! Every rich incredibly famous person does that.

Sorry.

jiggin
07-11-2010, 11:10 PM
alright, one douche bag talks about how he feels about another douche bag.

jiggin
07-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Like what?

yeah....and that makes it ok. wait...what????

these guys are good at basketball, no question. No one is saying they are not. But they fail as human beings and show regularly how narcissistic, egotistical people handle themselves when given the chance to use the spotlight on their skills to show how amazing a person they are.

People who try, you can tell. Payton Manning is a super prime example of a guy who is so skilled its amazing yet doesn't let that make him an a-hole or douche bag.

It would be nice if their ego's took a hit, but that won't happen. Just one look around this forum and you can see a crap load of people that would probably turn gay for one of them if no one was around to give them crap over it. Its pathetic and just fuels the ego's of these players.

Avenged
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Kobe is always saying the right things.

Sometimes I wish he would just let loose and show his true feelings. It wouldn't hurt to actually "trash talk" because it isn't like he doesn't back it up.

ayuntalo
07-11-2010, 11:23 PM

Sometimes I wish he would just let loose and show his true feelings. It wouldn't hurt to actually "trash talk" because it isn't like he doesn't back it up.

exactly..
why speak if you wont speak for your mind..
most of the time interviews are BS and they tend to play it safe

Hoopsadvocate
07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Like what?

:sigh: okay i didnt wanna do it but here we go....

1. He was accused of RAPE not just cheating big difference.

2. Him and Shaq childish squable back in the day (though now he is more mature about it) caused them to ruin what probably would have been a even better dynasty.

3. His ego problems in the past ill give you a quote google it if u want "Jackson also said: ''Someone told me that in high school, Kobe used to sabotage his own games, so the game could be close, so he could dominate at the end. To sabotage the team process, to be so self-centered in your own process . . . it's almost stupefying.'' (though kobe and him have seemed to worked it out since then)

4. Chris Childs incident where kobe ran his mouth and got punched in the face and did nothing about it. though this is not off the court he did run his mouth a lot and was considered a cocky bastard back in the day though he seems more mature now

Overall point is hes not without his own mistakes you can hate on one guy (lebron) for such stupid reasons and then praise another guy whos clearly had his share of issues just because hes not the one who did something you disagree with at this current point in time.

Sorry to the legit laker fans who actually are not making a big deal out of the lebron/ miami thing for bringing up the past.

Jenceman
07-11-2010, 11:28 PM
:sigh: okay i didnt wanna do it but here we go....

1. He was accused of RAPE not just cheating big difference.

2. Him and Shaq childish squable back in the day (though now he is more mature about it) caused them to ruin what probably would have been a even better dynasty.

3. His ego problems in the past ill give you a quote google it if u want "Jackson also said: ''Someone told me that in high school, Kobe used to sabotage his own games, so the game could be close, so he could dominate at the end. To sabotage the team process, to be so self-centered in your own process . . . it's almost stupefying.'' (though kobe and him have seemed to worked it out since then)

4. Chris Childs incident where kobe ran his mouth and got punched in the face and did nothing about it. though this is not off the court he did run his mouth a lot and was considered a cocky bastard back in the day though he seems more mature now

Overall point is hes not without his own mistakes you can hate on one guy (lebron) for such stupid reasons and then praise another guy whos clearly had his share of issues just because hes not the one who did something you disagree with at this current point in time.

Sorry to the legit laker fans who actually are not making a big deal out of the lebron/ miami thing for bringing up the past.

Accused. He didn't actually do it. You lose.

Jezeble
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM

You are kidding, right? You mean like when he called out his trmmates and organization in his parkinglot video rant? Or mybe when he created all that Mayhem, a scant 3 years ago, demanding that he be traded to the Bulls? Oh, you've never met that Kobe?:facepalm:

jiggin
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM

you are so naive. keep believing that...the payoff to the girl that accused him (settlement) says it all to most of us. You don't pay someone to go away if you did nothing wrong.

http://tinyurl.com/35klwqn

Hoopsadvocate
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM

I said accused learn to read you lose. ah that was easy

tredigs
07-11-2010, 11:37 PM

They've also yet to face off against each other in the finals - and didn't grow up battling each other in the college championships through their youth like Magic and Bird did. Beyond that, Larry Bird hated everyone that wasn't a Celtic.

It would be fun to see more true rivalries, but these two situations are absolutely nothing alike.

BUFFALO KNICK
07-11-2010, 11:38 PM
WOW!! It's gonna be a fun season.

Avenged
07-11-2010, 11:45 PM
You are kidding, right? You mean like when he called out his trmmates and organization in his parkinglot video rant? Or mybe when he created all that Mayhem, a scant 3 years ago, demanding that he be traded to the Bulls? Oh, you've never met that Kobe?:facepalm:

Okay... Seems like someone's living in the past.

If you get past your Kobe hate, you would realize he's much more mature and is nothing like that player anymore. Criticizing your own organization is one thing, but trash talking an opposing team/player is another.

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 12:08 AM
He's 100% right. Lebron is happy. Everyone hating on Lebron because he made a decision based on his own happiness. Nobody should be forced to play somewhere simply because the owner and the fans think he owes them something. He took less money to play with friends. So many people would do the same thing if put in the same situation including most of you on this site

shizzle09
07-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Kobe and "class" can't be used in the same sentence unless you are referring to a subject, or a classroom.:D

are you kidding me? Kobe is as classy as they get.

Jezeble
07-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Okay... Seems like someone's living in the past.

If you get past your Kobe hate, you would realize he's much more mature and is nothing like that player anymore. Criticizing your own organization is one thing, but trash talking an opposing team/player is another.

You're kidding, right? You think trash talking your own teammates, GM and Owner, is not as bad as trash talking an opposing team/player? I want some of whatever it is that u r drinking. If you ask any other rational person, they will tell you that trash-talking your teammates and Organization is infinitely worse. Truth!

BTW, Kobe was older than LeBron is now when he did this stuff. So much for maturity.

Avenged
07-12-2010, 12:24 AM
You're kidding, right? You think trash talking your own teammates, GM and Owner, is not as bad as trash talking an opposing team/player? I want some of whatever it is that u r drinking. If you ask any other rational person, they will tell you that trash-talking your teammates and Organization is infinitely worse. Truth!

BTW, Kobe was older than LeBron is now when he did this stuff. So much for maturity.

Never said it wasn't "as bad".

Read CAREFULLY ok? I'll guide you in the process.

Kobe criticized his organization.

There's a difference with criticizing your own team's lack of performance than trash talking a player or an opposing team.

And nobody is comparing Kobe's maturity to Lebron so I really don't know where you're going with that. :confused:

Players who trash talk other players leads to intense basketball, better games, more fun to watch, rivalries are created.. etc.

Anyways, I'm talking about RIGHT NOW, the present. Not the past.

lakers4sho
07-12-2010, 12:28 AM

Yeah but whatever Kobe says the media runs with it, turns it around, and flips it upside down.

Jezeble
07-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Never said it wasn't "as bad".

Read CAREFULLY ok? I'll guide you in the process.

Kobe criticized his organization.

There's a difference with criticizing your own team's lack of performance than trash talking a player or an opposing team.

And nobody is comparing Kobe's maturity to Lebron so I really don't know where you're going with that. :confused:

Players who trash talk other players leads to intense basketball, better games, more fun to watch, rivalries are created.. etc.

Anyways, I'm talking about RIGHT NOW, the present. Not the past.

How convenient!;)