PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson rips Gilbert's LeBron comments say he has "Slave Master Mentality"

Swashcuff
07-11-2010, 08:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Shortly after James announced his decision Thursday night, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

Jackson says Gilbert's comments "personify a slave master mentality" and the owner should face a "challenge" from the league.

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers, James and the NBA.

kozelkid
07-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Jesse Jackson issues statement on Gilbert: "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."
"LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbertís plantation and be demeaned."

PDcavsinsider

This just keeps getting better and better.
*reaches out for popcorn*

McPeak92
07-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Jesse Jackson,
Shut the **** up you are a joke.
sincerly,
The World

I mean Jesus Christ we are how many years removed from slavery. Way to keep racism alive Jesse Jackson.

dnewguy
07-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Ohh damn...now we might not like where this ends. Lets keep race out of this Mr Jackson....stop trying to exploit this to promote your crappy rainbow push.

bigsams50
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Damn, why does everything have to be racial?

Jenceman
07-11-2010, 08:22 PM
**** you Jesse Jackson.

Idiot.

Young2Kinsler
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Jesse Jackson is nothing more than a racist douche. He is trying to keep racism alive and on the front burner...for some odd reason.

LAcowBOMBER
07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Jesse Jackson is the dumbest person in the world that has credibility in some people's eyes. There may be dumber people, but he is the dumbest man with any type of following.

Clearly LeBron not taking the most money possible from the Cavs and leaving a team that is nothing without him is the same as a slave master being mad at a runaway slave.

Catfish1314
07-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Damn, why does everything have to be racial?

Because it's Jesse Jackson. He is the human embodiment of a joke.

Leave Gilbert alone. He's pissed and wants to rant. Let him.

TheRuckus
This is my first, and probably one, post in the NBA forum, because **** basketball, but...

God damn, Jesse Jackson is a buffoon. People like him perpetuate racism, rather than fight it, and undermine people working for positive change by making ridiculous statements like this one.

Of course, fighting racism is a losing battle of Sisyphean proportions, but that's a discussion for another day.

This, like most of the **** Jackson criticizes, has absolutely nothing to do with race. Gilbert almost certainly would have said the same thing if LeBron were white, or if Gilbert himself were black.

iggypop123
im rooting for gilbert even more now. jesse jackson should just go away like all the rest of the 60's civil rights leaders. their job was done so shut up

mark1125
07-11-2010, 08:25 PM
It's douchebag one-upsmanship.

LeBron was a douchebag.
Dan Gilbert one-upped him
Jesse Jackson upped them both.

Jesse is a has-been douche that know one cares about. His opinions mean less than nothing. Uh oh......guess that makes me a racist.:facepalm:

Hustla23
07-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Shut the **** up Jackson, you clown.

How big of a douche do you have to be to even remotely bring racism into the discussion.

****ing asshead.

xbrackattackx
07-11-2010, 08:26 PM
of course he did. haha

Gators123
Jesse Jackson is a piece of **** racist.

strokeman
Jesse Jackson,
Shut the **** up you are a joke.
sincerly,
The World

I mean Jesus Christ we are how many years removed from slavery. Way to keep racism alive Jesse Jackson.

i'm black and i say youre right man! :clap:

strokeman
07-11-2010, 08:27 PM
It's douchebag one-upsmanship.

LeBron was a douchebag.
Dan Gilbert one-upped him
Jesse Jackson upped them both.

Jesse is a has-been douche that know one cares about. His opinions mean less than nothing. Uh oh......guess that makes me a racist.:facepalm:

:clap:

fadedmario
07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Jesse Jackson is the one that's racist. Get over it already.

Max Power
07-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes, Jesse. Slave masters were known to pay millions of dollars to their slaves.

And some were complaining about LeBron being an attention whore.

Reyes6
07-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Reyes6 thinks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should take vows of silence.